New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

cool Re: Ruins of Mayca V2 IC

Coreal smiles at the child. "Then that is what I shall do. Thank you."
    She then lifts up, and stands at her full height again, before looking at Ani slightly awkwardly. "I- I'm sorry. We are lucky your child is so wise, or who knows what fools we might have been."

"Maylene is right, however. While I could cover the ground far faster than any of you, I can't take more than one on my back, and to be honest I highly dislike being ridden by anyone larger than a child anyway.
    Do any of you have access to a teleport spell?
    "
    Last edited by Zolkabro; 2013-11-28 at 02:40 AM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Ruins of Mayca V2 IC

Drawn by the argument, Val saunters up with a fairly large elemental poking its head up through the ground behind her. It looks downright mischievous. She looks to Coreal, "What was all that about? And a teleport? I can't do the townsfolk, but a small handful could come along for the ride."
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Aela salutes Maria, her face serious and Rea, seeing what Aela is doing, joins in by giving a salute with her front paw.
    Spoiler: "Elven
    Show
    "We are yours to command little commander"

She winks giving a small warm smile to Maria.
    Last edited by Sciffy; 2013-11-28 at 08:04 AM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Please forgive me if I am intruding." Seena says as she walks over to join the group. "You helped me save the little ones so I feel I should help you all in your endeavor. My talents are at your disposal if you will have me."

She looks around at the people surrounding her, mischief in her eyes, a big smile on her face "When are we leaving?"
    Last edited by Simba; 2013-11-28 at 08:15 AM.
    Act well before thinking!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

"Goth, please send over Anomander" Maylene speaks to the air, and a few moments later Anomander walks up, again nearly blurring with speed. "Anomander, please take this scroll to Cita and have her teleport with Tabithia to the capital. She should have plenty of funds to purchase a fine place. Then I will need both you and Goth back here. I'm going to be heading off on a quick side trip."
    Spoiler: I am playing...
    Show
    Thanks to Elder Tsufu for the awesome Mat Cauthon avatar!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WebTiefling View Post
    Maylene watches with some amusement. She doesn't have any particular attachment to the people of Blaise, and if they want to spend months and months walking along tunnels, that's their stupidity. Her family needed to be safe, and she had been itching for something beyond being a businesswoman.

"Captain, I realize elves have a longer view of things than humans, but spending a month or two walking over a thousand miles to Taria seems a bit excessive. That means that this is probably a bit more important than just a personal thing. It also guarantees that you won't actually catch him - if he teleports around as much as you say he does, then he will be gone for weeks or months by the time you get there."
    "Huh? Walking to Taria? Hell no. I'm not crazy. I'm walking to Yeslana. I'm from there, for Pete's sake. I was going to pay someone to teleport me after I talked with someone there."
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolkabro View Post
    Coreal smiles at the child. "Then that is what I shall do. Thank you."
    She then lifts up, and stands at her full height again, before looking at Ani slightly awkwardly. "I- I'm sorry. We are lucky your child is so wise, or who knows what fools we might have been."
    "Quite lucky..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Sciffy View Post
    Aela salutes Maria, her face serious and Rea, seeing what Aela is doing, joins in by giving a salute with her front paw.
    [Spoiler="Elven]"[color=#FFBF00]We are yours to command little commander[/color]"[/spoiler]

She winks giving a small warm smile to Maria.[/QUOTE]
    Maria giggles.

[QUOTE=Tacitus;16512741]Drawn by the argument, Val saunters up with a fairly large elemental poking its head up through the ground behind her. It looks downright mischievous. She looks to Coreal, "[COLOR="DarkGreen"]What was all that about? And a teleport? I can't do the townsfolk, but a small handful could come along for the ride.[/COLOR]"
    "It was pointless argument, not of matter. Would you be able, and willing, to teleport us from Yeslana to Taria?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Simba View Post
    "Please forgive me if I am intruding." Sheena says as she walks over to join the group. "You helped me save the little ones so I feel I should help you all in your endeavor. My talents are at your disposal if you will have me."

She looks around at the people surrounding her, mischief in her eyes, a big smile on her face "When are we leaving?"
    "Thank you..." Ani seems surprised that so many people are wanting to come with her. "Uh, we, I guess, are leaving now."
    My pronouns are they/them, but I don't care much.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, well I'm glad to hear you weren't planning on walking to Taria, but if we're leaving the tunnels, then we should be cautious as we certainly haven't gone far enough to be completely safe from the armies nearby."

She looks at the others.

"If anyone has a teleport to spare, it would be most appreciated and might avoid having to deal with a flight of scouts ranging around the battle area. They're in the middle of a battle and might attack us first and ask questions later. I'd hate to wind up killing anyone for a misunderstanding. If not, we'll just try to stay concealed."

Anomander and Goth, her construct companions walk up, having finished their errands.

"Great, I think I'm ready to go too, now."
    Show

8. - Top - End - #218

GreenSorcererElf

smile Re: Ruins of Mayca V2 IC

"Excellent." Coreal proclaims. "Please, after you!" she encourages to Ani, and starts trotting around aimlessly. She obviously wants to be off, but is attempting to conceal the fact that she has no clue which way to go.

She frowns at Maylene's comments. "Hm, valid points. I can scout ahead easily enough if need be - would that be useful? Where should I check? I don't know the area."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If I do go scouting then the Fighter's pitiful skill point supply will begin to become apparent. Does anyone have anything to boost my Spot?
    It's odd, really. On one hand my insane speed makes me perfect for scouting, But on the other hand my poor skill modifiers make me awful for it.
    Last edited by Zolkabro; 2013-12-06 at 04:57 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

"I suspect, Correal, that you won't have the least amount of trouble seeing anything involved with the armies. They're either still slugging it out, in which case stealth isn't in much demand, or they're wrapping up and shouldn't be too worried about stealth."
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220

GreenSorcererElf

"My thoughts were less with stealth and more with speed, a trait which I have in abundance. A compromise: who does know the area? I shall take you on my back, and you can direct me." she suggests.

"Any volunteers?"
    Last edited by Zolkabro; 2013-12-08 at 05:14 AM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

"Oh not me, I've got a map of the area for getting around. Otherwise I just ask for directions. I think if we all keep our eyes open nothing should surprise us."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Maylene shrugs. She'll feel bad if some idiots are stupid enough to attack them and wind up dead, but they should be able to avoid that even if they are discovered. Hopefully.

"Hopefully so. Captain, Coreal, lead the way."
    Last edited by WebTiefling; 2013-12-09 at 01:34 PM.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #223

GreenSorcererElf

eek Re: Ruins of Mayca V2 IC

"Um, yes, absolutely, I know exactly where we should go, but I'll let the Captain lead due to her rank. I do know where to go, I do! I just, um, think I'll leave her the honour of leading, cos, um, yeah. Ahem." Coreal stutters nervously.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

"No scouting is needed. Trust me, the Lakeyenns won't dare attack anyone heading to Yeslana. Syarian is their ally, after all." She starts walking around the crowd, carrying her daughter and then ducks into a small side corridor that you wouldn't have even noticed otherwise.
    Last edited by asdflove; 2013-12-09 at 03:18 PM.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #225

GreenSorcererElf

eek Re: Ruins of Mayca V2 IC

"I knew this was here! I did!" squawks Coreal, cantering hurriedly after the Captain.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Aela catches Maylene's eye, rolling them and giving a small giggle before following after down the side corridor.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Maylene smiled, too, with a shrug back at Aela. How a being could face the challenges the centaur must have faced by now and still be insecure was beyond her.

Oh well, the world took all types. In battle the centaur was probably completely fearless.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

The tunnel slopes uphill and leads out into a forested area. In the distance you can see the skyline of Blaise. Ahead, you see towers poking up above the tree line that must be the city of Yeslana.
    "Home sweet home..." Ani murmurs to herself. "Come on gals, this should be quick. Hopefully"

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sheena comes out and looks around, then shrugs as her eyes find no immediate danger. "Let's go!"

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

After roughly a half-hour of walking, and several border guards waved off by Ani later, they get to Yeslana. "If I remember correctly, the church is right by the town hall... Aha! There it is." She charges towards a large tree that appears to have been made into a building.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #231

GreenSorcererElf

confused Re: Ruins of Mayca V2 IC

Coreal looks intensely uncomfortable around the tree-grown houses. She seems itching to finish their business in Yeslana and then leave. She looks mildly interested in the church, however.
    "What deity is the church? And why are we headed there - are we here to see a priest of some kind?"

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

AS the group walk along Aela can be heard whispering again as she did in the tunnels before, Rea sitting on her shoulder:

Spoiler: Elven
    Show
    "Seems we're back again?

"You know we can't avoid it indefinitely. Doesn't your second cousin Vay live in Yeslana?"

Aela suddenly stops wide eyed before continuing on again:

Spoiler: Elven
    Show
    "Oh gods. I can't meet her or any of the family. You know I can't. Oh gods, oh gods, oh gods. I haven't seen them since... well you know. They'll ask questions and want to know how I'm doing and I can't face that."

Rea nuzzles Aela's shoulder

"I know. The captain said that this would be quick so you won't be here for long, chances of bumping into her is small."

Aela takes Rea in her hands stroking her head looking worried

In the town she is looking around, an obvious look of apprehension on her face, following the captain quickly towards the temple.
    Last edited by Sciffy; 2013-12-11 at 12:30 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Maylene looks around with interest. She hadn't ever made it down to this area of the world. Wasn't that some sort of stereotype - traveling all over the universe but never exploring your own back yard?

It seemed a bit disorganized for her preferences, but otherwise seemed nice enough.

"So Captain, what's up in the tree there?"
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zolkabro View Post
    Coreal looks intensely uncomfortable around the tree-grown houses. She seems itching to finish their business in Yeslana and then leave. She looks mildly interested in the church, however.
    "What deity is the church? And why are we headed there - are we here to see a priest of some kind?"
    Quote Originally Posted by WebTiefling View Post
    Maylene looks around with interest. She hadn't ever made it down to this area of the world. Wasn't that some sort of stereotype - traveling all over the universe but never exploring your own back yard?

It seemed a bit disorganized for her preferences, but otherwise seemed nice enough.

"So Captain, what's up in the tree there?"
    "Church of Reylanna, elven goddess of peace nature, and something else. I don't know, I don't worship her." They get to the church. "We're here so I can talk to the high priestess here, then we can teleport to Taria." She pushes open the door and heads in.
    "Anibellian!"
    Last edited by asdflove; 2013-12-11 at 07:01 PM.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #235

GreenSorcererElf

"Reylanna, ah, of course!" Coreal says wisely, nodding.

She has never heard of Reylanna before in her life.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Aela follows in after Ani, Rea perched on her usual position on Aela's shoulder. She looks around the temple interior, her eyes resting on each occupant.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Aela is trying to see if she recognises anyone
    Last edited by Sciffy; 2013-12-12 at 04:30 AM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sheena follows the others, curious to see what the temple hides.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

The girl who shouted when they came in charges up to Ani. "Anibellian Farsight? How are you not dead?"
    "Alys. Long time no see, can we talk in another room?" Ani says awkwardly, taking a small step back from Alys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sciffy View Post
    Aela follows in after Ani, Rea perched on her usual position on Aela's shoulder. She looks around the temple interior, her eyes resting on each occupant.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Aela is trying to see if she recognizes anyone
    There are various acolytes and priestess' around the room, but no one she recognizes.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Maylene stands around for a little, examining the weird architecture that is built into a tree. She preferred intricate geometric designs herself, but she still had to admit it was a beautiful way to have a building.

Maylene settles down, and pulls out a crushed clockwork mechanism wrapped in a large, silk cloth. Within a couple minutes, she is engrossed in her work, slowly taking the thing apart to clean it and take sketches of it.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Aela sighs and visibly relaxes a little.

"Excuse me for a moment"

She says to the general group before taking one of the benches that runs around the inner wall of the tree, placing her hands on her lap and closing her eyes.
    Last edited by Sciffy; 2013-12-17 at 07:03 PM.