Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    At the door to the nightclub, greeting applicants is a tall, fat human well over 2 meters tall with rosy cheeks, reddish grey hair, and a neatly trimmed, but grey, beard. He smiles and scratches his beard as the applicants approach.

    He then says, "Welcome, welcome. I'm Jonas Zwillenger, Captain of The Angry Mule."

    He leads everyone further into the nightclub, Neon Supernova. Towards the back on the righthand side he's reserved a small room where the music from the 'live' band isn't quite so obnoxious. The band, 'Rocko and the Tin-heads', consists of a middle aged man, presumably Rocko, making repairs to several droids, while several other droids crank out Heavy Metal. The club is mostly empty, though it is not obvious if this is due to the music or the early hour at which this 'interview' is taking place.

    Once behind the velvet curtain, the captain takes a seat on one of the plush couches and motions for everyone else to do the same. The interviewees consist of 6 Humans, a Quarren, 2 Ithorians, and a Wookie.

    The captain looks at the group and says, "I'm going to get right to this because I have shipment to make and if we don't takeoff in the next couple hours I'm going to be late."

    Looking around at the group, his gaze lingers on the Wookie, the Captain continues, "I'm not sure what position you applied for, but Wookies are not known for their ability to speak Galactic Basic. Can you?"

    The Wookie growls and howls back a response.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "What? You were serious about that? I'm a hardworker and an excellent engineer. At least I'm not here to steal from you like Tsessek."


    The captain listens and then says, "Yes, I'm sorry, I was serious about that. Thanks for the advice. All rejected applicants can get a free drink at the bar on the way out. Sorry again."

    The wookie stands up and howls one last statement before turning to leave.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Great, a free drink. I'm never going to get off this rock." It sounded quite sarcastic for a wookie.


    The captain looks back to the group, his gaze focuses on a couple of young humans and one on the Ithorians. "These are serious times. This is no game. We get attack by pirates almost every other shipment. Ships get boarded all the time for phony cargo inspections and other scams. There is a chance any or all of us could be killed. We need to depend on each other. Take a moment to seriously consider that free drink."

    The captain pauses and leans back. After a moment, a young male human with long blond hair stand up and walks out while saying, "well, sorry to bother you, that drink sounds like an excellent idea." Just after he leaves, all eyes turn back to a young red-headed human female who looks like she's about to say something rebellious when the young Ithorian stands up and leaves.

    The captain looks to the girl, who holds his gaze. He then says, "Very well. These being serious times, our ship's policy regarding incompetence is quite harsh. Mistakes happen, but if the rest of the crew decides you are messing things up too much and probably bluffed your way in, then we walk you to the airlock."

    The Quarren's tentacles quiver, he blinks, and stands up. He walks to the curtain before stopping. As he begins to speak, the Captain slowly draws a Heavy Blaster and takes aim. The Quarren says, "You are quite bloodthirty for a human. I am not willing to let you walk me out the airlock just because you think I fly too fast." Just then he turns around quick, a hold-out blaster in hand, pointed at the captain. He opens his mouth to say something when the Captain fires his heavy blaster. The Quarren drops to the floor and the Velvet room fills with the smell of burnt Quarren flesh.

    The Ithorian raise his hands in the air and backs slowly towards the door saying, "Sorry Captain, but I can not make your association. Good day to you. Time for a Tiberian Ale."

    The Captain places the blaster in his lap and looks to the remaining 5 humans and says, "Do any of the rest of you plan to steal from me? No? Well, then you can call me JZ or Captain as it pleases you. As was mentioned in the advertisement, the pay is 200 credits plus 10% profits. I've got 3 month's worth of payments to the Hutts left on the ship and then the profits will soar."

    The Captain holsters the blaster and smiles, his cheeks even rosier. He adjusts himself in his seat, leans forward and says, "I've got 5 positions available and 5 interviewers. With a bit of luck, I'll be all set." The captain looks to each person and asks, "so, who are you and which position did you wish to apply for?"

    {{ It would be nice if you each posted a description of your character in addition to the basic introduction. }}
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-01-07 at 07:42 AM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    The redhead was sure going to say something before the little drama unfolded. Now all she does is lean back in her chair with a smirk and glance over at the dead guy on the floor. Your loss, dumbass. She looks at the man sitting next to her and nods once, then turns to JZ. "Iím Kera, a pilot. Whatever kind of bucket you got, as long as itís spaceworthy, I can fly it. And my first word was 'astrogate'. So long as you donít try to screw us, Iíll return the favor."

    Kera has shoulder-length, light red hair with a slight wave to it and bright green eyes. She looks fairly pale, like she doesn't see much sunshine, with a light sprinkling of freckles across her nose and cheeks. She stands at 1.7 meters and is well put together. Currently, she is wearing plain, ordinary clothing and has a heavy blaster belted at her side.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    A tall, lean man whose pale skin contrasts sharply with his black, tousled hair is next to speak. He is well-dressed in pricey black boots and pants, a tailored dark green shirt, and a jacket of fine, black bantha leather. An expensive and well-made blaster pistol rests low on his hip and to the casual observer he carries no other weapons. His green eyes are hidden behind tinted glasses, and he wears a casual, easy smile.

    He reclines, completely at ease, sitting with his arms spread along the back of the couch and his legs crossed. "Evayn I'ithay. First mate, JZ. I know a thing or two about most systems on a ship, and what's more I know a bit about people as well. I've worked shipping before, and I've got acquaintances in most any sector you'll swing through. And," he says, leaning forward and smiling playfully over his glasses, "I speak Basic."

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine


    "Daine Calmas," states a young man. Brown hair is pulled back into a pony tail hanging down between his shoulder blades, framing a light complexion, slightly sunburnt. He wears a dark blue, short sleeved shirt tucked into a pair of lightly coloured, sturdy pants. A small redish case is attached to his hip within easy reach, but no weapons are visible. He sits with arms crossed, eyes tilted towards the dead man laying on the ground.

    "I'm an engineer by trade, and I'll keep your bucket flying," his eyes trail back up to the interviewer. "Even if we do run into some troubles." He grins slightly. "Who knows, may even be able to throw in a few upgrades if you can provide the needed parts."
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-01-09 at 02:18 AM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kaff

    One of the first to arrive was a Human male wearing light armor, a vibroblade over his shoulder. His face is completely obscured by his helmet but dark brown skin is visible on the backs of his hands.

    When Zwellinger brought out his heavy blaster, the armored man put his hand on a blaster at his hip but did nothing more as Zwellinger aimed at the Quarren. After the Quarren drops, the armored figure seems to study everyone in the room, especially the Captain.

    When the captain asks, the man replies, ďmy name is Kaff Chalma. Iím a . . . security specialist. There's a long arm outside that they wouldn't let me bring in. Iíve done things like this before and when I get the chance Captain Iíd like to talk to you about a few security protocols.Ē
    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    JZ smiles at each of the applicants. After the engineer speaks, he adds, "Sadly, the Mule wasn't the biggest, fastest, or prettiest ship out there when I bought her. Its been almost 3 years now and I've had to skimp on upgrades and a fair bit of maintenance just to make the payments."

    JZ scratches his beard and continues, "At this point, the one person I had to hire is you. One thing my bucket needs is someone to patch is so the water stays inside. The ship could carry 60 passengers, but its been a month since the cargo area was air tight. I can only carry sealed cargo, or cargo that don't mind being frozen and depressurized."

    JZ looks to Kaff with a bit of puzzlement and says, "A long arm? Do you mean to tell me you've got some sort of cyborg attachment? In any case the security position is open. You certainly have the right sort of look about you for that kind of work."

    JZ, looking to the last applicant with a hopeful smile, says, "Have the fates blessed me? What are the chances that you are applying for the Financial position?"
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-01-07 at 04:54 PM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    "Oh brother, don't tell him that," Kera says while rolling her eyes and indicating Daine with a wave of her hand. "You'll end up with repulsorlifts in the bathroom."

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine chuckles softly looking towards Kera. "Nonsense. Simple maglifts in the restrooms, no need to go to the expense for more."
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-01-09 at 02:18 AM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Beelzebub1111's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Vicks

    Vicks wears average clothing, a keen eye will notice a blaster and a knife. He has light brown hair, blue eyes and fair skin. He smiles quietly before he responds.

    "Very good chances, in fact." says Vicks with a smile as he hand a small stack of papers. "My name is Vicks Narten, and if you will browse through my credentials, you will see that I have quite a bit of experience in the field." He produces another sheet. "Here are my references. As you can see I did quite a bit of work on Nal Hutta and Narr Shadaa. Speaking of which I am fluent in Huttese, Rodese, Ryl, and Quarrenese." He smiles and awaits a response

    Forgery on the references. (1d20+8=26)
    Last edited by Beelzebub1111; 2007-01-07 at 07:08 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Looking to the red-headed girl and the engineer JZ says, "You two know each other already? Father daughter?"

    JZ leans back a little with a, 'well, what do you know' surprised look on his face. Turning to Vicks, he says "Your position is not as 'cut and dry' as the other positions. I need someone who will help with the bidding negotiations, who will make sure the cargo is in good condition when we pick it up, who will make sure we don't break anything, who will ensure we take proper precautions when securing the cargo in the hold. When transporting passengers, I need a liason to deal with their needs and to keep them from bothering me too much."

    "Perhaps you can help with the finances as well. The purchasing of food stores, buy new star charts, locating suppliers and purchasing materials to keep my ship 'spaceworthy'.", he says with a hearty laugh and a smile to Kera. "Maybe with your experience and contacts you can even help bring in some business."

    JZ looks to each of the applicants and says, "I like to keep things on the light side, there is enough of this business to be stressed and serious about without spending our time on board all grumpy. Once we're safely in hyperspace, I really try to lighten the mood."

    Just then, JZ's datapad beeps a reminder. With a frantic look at the time JZ says, "I need to start preparations soon. Can you all be ready to board in the next 2 hours? I know this is short notice, but, as they say, 'Time is Money', and I'm short on both. I'm just amazed on got a full crew on one system. I thought, without a doubt, that I'd have to conduct interviews on the next three systems."

    With that, JZ struggles to stand up, one hand on his knees, another on his back. With a sigh and groan, he mutters, "I'm getting too old for this."
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-01-08 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Clarify discussion topic
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    With a snort, Kera manages to restrain laughter at JZ's suggestion that she and Daine might be father and daughter. "No, we're not related. And I'm not as young as I look." She looks over at Daine with a playful smirk. "I think Daine is as old as he looks, though." Turning back to JZ, "I can do whatever ya want, flying and navigating is just what I'm best at."

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine chuckles lightly at JZ. "No, definitely not," he says, glancing back at Kera with a slightly loppsided grin. "I've worked with her for a while though. She's honest and can fly well, or at least as well as she is treated." He looks back to JZ. "And lighter is always better," he says with a smile. "I should be able to get everything stowed by then as well if you can tell me where you're hangered."
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-01-09 at 02:18 AM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Having gotten ready to usher everyone out without telling them the important information, JZ laughs out loud hard enough to bring a tear to his eye. His face fully red, his 150kg body jiggles as he struggles to remain standing. Once he has recovered is says, "Yeah, the ship. She's docked on the southside, bay Bravo-34. I'm heading over as soon as we are done here to accept a delivery and have the cargo loaded."

    Looking to Evayn, Kaff, and Vicks, he asks, "Alright. Can you make our schedule or should I pick you up on the return trip?"
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    "Thank you Captain," Kaff says and hefts a small pack, "I've got everything I own right here pretty much. I'm happy to go with you if you want and discuss some of the security details."

    Outside the velvet room, Kaff heads to the bar and gets the barman to return his blast rifle. He looks at the Captain and taps the blast pistol on his hip, "side arm," he then hefts the rifle, "long arm."

    OOC: If he is traveling to the ship with the Captain.

    "So Captain, do you have a policy for weapons on board? I know the saying that 'a heavily armed crew is a polite crew', but I don't really buy that. Do you want weapons stowed away? Do you have an arms locker or a place we can use as one? Or are you just happy if people keep their blasters and such in their quarters?"
    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Evayn gets fluidly to his feet, stretching as he does so. "Yeah, I can go whenever. Bay B-34 is it?" He glances around as if thinking, then says "I'll just wander along with the group of you I guess--gear's already with me," as he hefts a dufflebag.

    [OOC: Evayn will follow JZ to the ship as well.]

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Standing up, Kera looks down at Daine. "I guess if we're going to get to his ship in two hours, we'd better go pack up your stuff and get it rolling." She starts walking away, then turns her head to look back at him with a grin. "Do you know how long it would take to get to that dock from our room?"

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Beelzebub1111's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Vicks picks up his metal suitcase and says,"I would be happy to make the trip captian, I work for you, you decidewhen I work." and he heads with the captain. Suitcase in hand. That case contained all of his belongings and a few extra sets of clothes. He was glad to be leaving this rock and only whished he could sooner

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine chuckles, jumping up as Kera begins to walk. "Hmm, depends if you push or ride," he says winking at her. "We'll meet you there," he says smiling slightly at JZ. "Hope you have some room for a few tools." Daine grins slightly before looking back to Kera. "Right behind you," he says catching up to her quickly.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    The captain smiles and moves to the curtain to let everyone out. Once open, the no-so precise heavy metal sounds of The Tin-heads fills your ears. Moving quickly through the bar and out to the street, the captain then turns to Daine and says, "Oh sure, there are a pair of workbenches with shelves and such. Should be plenty of space, once you get there. The passageways on the ship are just a meter wide, which is plenty, even for me." With that, he pats his gut a couple times and grins. He continues, "Seriously though, the sooner you get loaded, the easier it will be. Once the cargo is in place you'll have to squeeze past it to get to the work area."

    The captain looks up and turns his head around, "Well, sounds like we should probably get moving, the local Constables are probably on the way to investigate the shooting. I'm sure they'd let us go, eventually, but I've got a schedule to meet."

    With that Evayn, Kaff, and Vicks start for the ship while Kera and Daine head off to get their stuff.

    Kaff says, "So Captain, do you have a policy for weapons on board? I know the saying that 'a heavily armed crew is a polite crew', but I don't really buy that. Do you want weapons stowed away? Do you have an arms locker or a place we can use as one? Or are you just happy if people keep their blasters and such in their quarters?"

    Sirens blare as a pair of law enforcement speeders pass by on the way to the Neon Supernova.

    JZ frowns and then smiles and says, "Well, I guess I never really thought about it. My first crew was a bunch of my hometown buddies and we all trusted each other, having grown up together. The second crew was hired from a staffing agency. They were not permitted to carry weapon as part of their contract. The only weapon I ever saw them with was an old style sporting blaster in a framed display case. Real fancy looking, like Evayn's, but quite a bit older. Corto, the old first mate, had it as a family heirloom."

    JZ continues in silence a bit and then adds, "I don't think we have a locker right now, but we could certainly have our engineer fashion one for us. If need be, you could leave all the weapons in the cargo hold. With the air leak, the cargo hold is inaccessable in space. You'll just want to make sure you tie them down so one doesn't accidentally fire. Things get tossed around a bit in the hold with the pressure changes as you enter and exit the atmosphere."
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    "Then we'll get our rears in gear." Kera lets Daine catch up, then they turn a corner and part ways with the rest to go retrieve their gear. Letting out a mock sigh, "oh my, I suppose I shall have to push if we are to avoid having to unload all your stuff to get it onto the ship. And my slave has the grapes chilled to perfection already; we will simply have to throw them out." She loses the fake remorse with a chuckle and picks up the pace. "I was beginning to think we'd be stuck on this stupid rock forever. The pay isn't spectacular, but as long as he actually forks it over, that's good enough for me."

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    "Having all the weapons locked down during flight is probably a good idea," Evayn says, keeping pace with the captain. He shrugs, doing his best to remain nonchalant as he adds, "If I may say, though, if we're assaulted by pirates or detained by corrupt law officials, it might be better to have access if we need it. If diplomacy fails, sometimes a blaster pointed at the right head can make all the difference."

    The flashing, garish lights of the nearby nightclubs and bars reflect off the tinted lenses of his glasses as he smiles, continuing, "However, I'd be happy if Security Specialist Chalma here wants to hold the weapons until a proper locker is installed."

    And, he thinks to himself, if he's just trying to get us all weaponless so he can go mynock-s**t crazy, I can probably buy him off anyway.
    Last edited by donteatdave; 2007-01-09 at 09:26 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Beelzebub1111's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Vicks sighs, He new he had two weapons on him but he wasn't sure he felt safe without them. However he dare not bring attention to them so he quickly tries to change the subject "By the way, captain, While we are on the topic of security, what kind of security is there on the ship's computer. Lest a talented slicer get through."

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine and Kera return to their temporary lodgings in the city and he sets to gathering all of his belongings, mostly any tools he had out, back together into a largish hovercart. "I cannot say how happy I am to get off this place and back on a ship," he remarks idly to Kera, "Especially if he's not jerking us around. Sounds like its going to busy for the first while." There was almost an excitement to his voice. "Not that I haven't enjoyed our vacation."

    He snaps the last tool into place and closes the lid and leans against it looking to Kera. "Hmm..." he says with a slight grin as he circles the cart.

    ...

    He punches a button near a handle and the cart rises a bit off the ground. "All ready to go?" he asks Kera before starting off towards the hangar with his belongings. They should arrive slightly longer than an hour after they left the bar.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-01-09 at 02:56 PM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    As they move toward the starport, Kaff considers the words of both the Captain and the new First Officer.

    Kaff still has his helmet on and his voice is still a little distorted by the filter mask even though he is still breathing normal air. "I agree with first officer Ith . . . I'nay . . . I agree with the first officer. We don't want to get caught without weapons. How about we just say that after lift, everyone, including myself, keeps their weapons in their quarters? It keeps them handy but without the chance that someone goes stir crazy and starts blazing away."
    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    The group(JZ, Vicks, Evayn, and Kaff) arrives at the docking bay and are forced to walk the remaining distance to the ship. JZ continues talking and answering questions, but he begins to sweat from the exertion. "I should think that keeping your weapon in your cabin should be fine. The ship is small enough that it wouldn't take much time to access. Anyway, you never get a surprise boarding, there is usually a quite a bit of time as the ships manuever to dock with each other."

    He continues, after wiping sweat from his forehead, and turning to Vicks, "As to the physical and computer security... well, the ship itself is probably pretty easy to break into. Some of what you pay for at these docking bays is security. The hatch can be opened from the inside and", he pulls out his datapad and holds it up, "from the outside by my datapad, although a droid could probably break in. The ship's computer won't startup without the passcode from my datapad. Once you are up and flying around, I guess you are secure enough."

    Arriving at bay B34, the captain punches up the code to open the bay. He also opens up the delivery doors. "Now that we're here, we can open these up so the cargo can be loaded faster."

    The bay itself is a has a semi-circular wall, punctured by the loading doors. Where the open half of the circle should be, there is a raise elliptical platform. On the platform stands the ship using its landing gear, a trio of short squat legs.

    The ship is painted mostly in grey tones with some obvious patch jobs. The aft is facing you as you enter. As you walk around to the side, you can see the ship is probably 20 some meters long and 10 meters tall. At the front, rising above the 10 meter line is another pod, presumabily the bridge, which contains windows.

    As you think about it, the ship does, kind of, look like a mule. A long 'boxy' body with the bridge being the 'head' and landing gear for legs.

    While the new crew takes in the ship, the captain walks up to the rear of the ship and opens the main cargo doors and says, "Ah, there we go." Looking to the datapad, he says, "We've got 45 minute till the cargo is delivered. Let me show you the layout and you can look around and get acquainted."
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    As the Captain begins to show the new crew around the ship, Kaff tenses and prepares himself. The moment was nearly upon him, he would have to be quick to beat them all but he had come up and won against opposition like this before.

    As they walked through a narrow companionway toward the crew quarters Kaff stretched out with his senses as best he could. He listened to footfalls and breathing, tried to guess if anyone else was tense. He needed to be ready . . .

    Then he pounced.

    With the barest of looks inside to make sure the room was clean, Kaff shouted. "Mine! I'm calling that room! It's mine."

    Kaff knew from long experience that administrators and ship captains were mostly the same. They were very proud of the ship or installation that they had charge of and would almost always show the best rooms first. If you waited you usually ended up with the smallest, piece of garbage room just above the gurgling waste recyclers and just below some whirring piece of engineering no technician in the galaxy could identify or quiet down.
    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    JZ watches as the cargo door swings down with a puff of smoke, steam, or something from the hydraulics. The captain walks up the ramp into a main cargo hold.

    The cargo hold is 9m by 16m with almost 4 meter high ceilings. The hold is almost totally empty. Along the floor is an alternating yellow and black stripe which marks out the center of the room, a 7m by 14m area.

    In the middle of the room someone is mopping the cargo area. It is humanoid, seems to be male, and looks basically human except for being just over 1m tall. Upon seeing the captain, he drops his mop and runs over. Stopping in front of the captain, he bows his head and drops to one knee whilst saying, "Welcome back Your Majesty. Your loyal subject awaits your command."

    JZ smiles and says, "Thank you Trill, it is good to be back. You may resume your duties."

    Trill stands up and runs back over to resume mopping. JZ turns to the new crew members and says, "That’s Trill. He's not all there, if you catch my drift. Seems to think I'm the King of Holg. Anyway, he's good for morale and he takes care of keeping the ship clean, preparing meals, and that sort of thing."

    The captain walks over to the port hull an grabs a plastic laminated card on the small chain. He holds it up, wipes of a couple years of ditry and dust and the holds it up for you to see..

    The captain begin talking, pointing to the card and then to features on the ship to help you get oriented. "So, we are here <D26>. This is the cargo area, pointing to a large pink area on the card<h19>. Just through those doors<h13> are 3 of the crew cabins<e9><h9><k9>, the shield generators<e11><k11> and the ladder<h11> up to the upper level."

    The captain continues to point at places on the card as he rattles of places on the ship, "Most of the upper level is taken up with the power plants<s17><w17>, hyperdrive<s21><x21> and normal engines<u26>. There are three more cabins<r8><u8><x8> on that level, and this is my cabin<h8> pointing back to the lower level. These are the kitchen<r11-y11>, lavatories<x14>, and common areas<t13-v15>. Here is the ladder up to the bridge<u11>. This is obviously the bridge<ae11>."

    JZ wipes some more sweat from his brow and says, "Well, take a look around. I'm going to get something cold to drink." As you make your way through the ship, Kaff claims the obviously superior cabin<e9> away from the noise of the power generators and hyperdrive engines where he can be alerted if the shield generators suddenly kick on. The captain says, "You can take what ever cabins you want, Kera and Daine will just get stuck with whatever is left. Trill likes to stay on top of things and so he tends to sleep in the back corner of the bridge or down in the common area."
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    What a heap, Evayn thinks, walking up the battered ramp of the even more battered ship. This thing could fall apart at any moment. Like the captain said, we may not have to worry at all about boarding--the hull will probably rupture, sucking us all out into a cold death by vacuum. Outwardly, he maintains a casual air and nods appreciatively as JZ shows them around. Seeing the wisdom in Kaff's quarters claim, he casually tosses his own gear into the cabin at <k9>. Following JZ's suggestion, he wanders about, getting his bearings on the old ship--despite the conditions, this could still prove to be a lot of fun.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    JZ relaxes for while down in the common area until, the quiet is broken by a shrill air horn. JZ hits the intercomm and announces, "The cargo is here, all hands make ready." JZ then lumbers down the ladder, across the cargo area and out of the ship.

    Waiting at the entrance to the bay is a hover transport. JZ waves the driver in and motions towards the cargo bay. Once the transport is positioned, the driver, a female Bothan, exits the vehicle and approaches the captain. After several quiet words, she transfers the invoice from her datapad to his.

    JZ looks over the invoice and smiles. JZ turns around to direct the crew. "Okay, lets get this loaded. Vicks, can you check off the cargo from the invoice as we load it on the ship? Evayn, can you grab the portable hoverloader? Its stowed in the cargo hold, starboard-aft." Motion near the entrance attracts JZ's attention. Kera and Daine walk in pushing another hoverloader with a large tool chest. JZ smiles. "Excellent, here is the rest of the crew. Kaff, can you secure the bay door and keep watch, I don't want anyone to surprise us while we're busy. Kera, come over and give us a hand getting this loaded. Daine, stow your gear in the ship and come help."

    JZ pauses to make sure everyone is in motion and doing their jobs.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Now wearing her padded flight suit, Kera smirks at something Daine said right before they entered. "Just put my crap wherever," she says to him, then pauses to look over the ship. Her 'crap' is ostensibly her flight suit helmet and a bag on the hoverloader with Daine's tools. After taking only a few moments to roughly appraise the ship, she moves in to help with the cargo. It could be worse. At least it flies. Her expression is perfectly bright and cheerful, and she grabs the first thing she encounters to start loading without even a hint of complaint.

    Noticing the card with the ship's layout, but not getting close enough to take a good look at it, she says, out loud but not directed at anyone in particular, "what are the chances there are still two adjoining crew quarters left?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •