Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    JZ pauses to listen, but then shrugs his shoulders and says, "I don't hear anything. I'm not going to be much help with whatever it is. There is no way I can get up on the hull at my weight. If you think you can handle it, do so. Otherwise, I guess Kera can try flying upside down."

    JZ pauses and frowns, then adds, "I'd hate to hurt anyone. Maybe its just some local kids climbing on their new toy. Someone should check it out before we kill some kid."
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    OOC: Sorry guys, Kaff has gone to bed. Which is a bit of a pity, since this is just the sort of thing he's here for. If anyone wants to wake him up they can but beware.
    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    [OOC: sorry about that, I forgot that he'd stayed up on watch]

    "You're probably right. I'll take a look, if it's anything weird I'll com you to wake Kaff." With that, Evayn exits the ship and steps back a bit, trying to see if anything is evident from the ground and also looking for some sort of ladder or handholds by which to climb up if necessary.

    Spot - (1d20+0)[17]
    Listen - (1d20+0)[8]

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera
    Let's see. I can get the engines online, which will take a little bit, or I can wait. I don't want to scare it off...or do I? Hmmm... "Hey JZ? You want me to start warming up the enignes? I'm not sure if it's better to scare it off or let someone find it."

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine chuckles softly. "I'll head out with him, just in case," he says as he stands, popping a last bit of food into his mouth. He follows Evayn out, pulling out his stunrod. "I'd say warm her up, myself." he says as he hears Kera's shout. "They get off nice when asked, or we test the inertia dampners." He grins slightly as he slides down the ladder.

    ((Spot: 1d20+3 = 8))
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-03-07 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Added Spot. For what it was worth.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    "Okay." Kera starts flipping switches to warm up the engines. She doesn't bother to strap herself in. She also keeps an eye out in case the thing - or things - happens to go past the window again.

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera returns to her bridge controls and begins the process of starting up the ship computer and controls. Once the noise from the computers and engines fill the bridge all sounds of little feet are obscured.

    JZ lingers in the common area lost in thought as Trill cleans up the breakfast mess.

    Evayn and Daine enter the cargo bay. Evayn opens the outer doors while Daine grabs the hoverloader so they can get up on the hull once outside.

    Evayn and Daine walk down the ramp and into the cool morning air. The sunlight glints off the early morning dew on the ship. The ship still sits in a clearing on a small roundish hilltop. The grassy clearing is about 50 meters in diameter and surrounded by bushes and small trees. To the north the ore processing plant lies quiet. From here, the only visible movement at the plant is the sun reflecting off of the silver droid.

    After a brief look at the ship, the main engines power on and a small flock of birds is flushed from a nearby bush into the sky.

    {{ You can either climb the ship or use the hoverloader to get up(like Daine used to make the hull repairs). What is the plan? Climb up? Circle the ship once first? etc?}}
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    The hoverloader provides an easy solution for Evayn, who motions Daine to bring it over and then climbs aboard to get a better view of the top of the ship.

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine moves the hoverloader over to the spot Evayn selected at the base of the ship. Evayn climbs aboard, ready to be elevated the 8 or 9 meters to the top of the ship, while Daine stands nearby showing him how to work the controls. Daine catches movement out of the corner of his eye and turns just in time to (mostly) avoid the a large grey-green creature which leapt off of the hull.

    One of the creature's feet managed to make contact with Daine's shoulder, turning him and ripping his shirt slightly. The creature stands about 1.2 meters tall and is, perhaps, 2 meters long with another 2 meters of tail. It lands on all four feet about 3 meters from Daine and 4 meters from Evayn. It's feet, which are difficult to see because of the tall grass, are not covered in claws, rather, they end in some sort of padded toes or suction cups.

    The creature, clearly some sort of lizard, rotates is head around towards Daine and snarls and hisses through a large tooth filled mouth. Its mouth, which contains many small sharp teeth and two pairs of very large teeth, looks like a cross between a snake and one of the great cats. The creature quickly twists around and seems ready to pounce again.

    Evayn recognizes the creature as a Jex, a local predator, from the descriptions he heard.

    {{Daine took 2 VP damage.
    Roll Initiative unless you want me to}}
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-03-12 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Make more clear..
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine(AC 14, VP: 4, WP: 11)

    "Lovely," Daine says. He takes a step forward and flicks his wrist, swinging the stun baton at the thing. "Stay off the ship, you ugly piece of..."

    ((
    Initiative: 1d20+2 = 11
    Attack:1d20+0 = 20
    Damage: DC 15 stun (should have fired the blaster pistol)
    ))
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-03-12 at 11:59 AM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Initiative - (1d20+2)[3]

    Evayn starts at the lizardlike Jex and tries to avoid its attacks. He draws his blaster in one hand and his comlink in the other. He broadcasts on the ship's frequency "Uh, hey, wake up Kaff. There's a big animal up here, and it's angry..."

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    The Jex lunges at Daine again, but before it manages to bite him, Daine swats it across the head with his Stun Baton. The Jex screeches as the Stun Baton sparks and the Jex collapses in a heap of scales and teeth on the ground, temporarily knocked out by the stun. Its tail continues to twitch from the shock for a number of seconds before stopping.

    Evayn calls up for Kaff on his commlink and draws his pistol, ready for when it wakes up.

    JZ, upon hearing the commlink call, grabs his pistol and rushes to Kaff's door, pounding to wake him up. "Kaff, wake up! There is some sort of animal outside." With that, JZ move down into the cargo bay, weapon drawn. JZ calls out, "I'll watch the door here and make sure none of them get inside."
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Initiative: [dice]1d20+3[/dice]

    Round 1: Kaff hears the banging and yelling at his door and intelligently says, "Whoa . . . to haww . . . she's just misunderstood!"

    Round 2: Waking further, Kaff grabs his rifle and heads out the door wearing only a pair of blue boxer shorts with a peculiar white logo of a fish on one leg.

    Round 3: Running, he should just about make it outside although the rest of the crew might not recognize him without his armor on.
    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Lets just try that initiative roll again.

    (1d20+3)[6]
    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine frowns at the beast, grumbling slightly as he rubs at where it had ripped his shirt. "Damned thing," he says as he moves closer to it and smacks it with the stun rod once more, just to make sure. "You alright up there?" he calls up to the ship. "There very well could be more of these things!"
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-03-12 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Misunderstanding of positioning
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine swats the Jex with the Stun Baton once more for good measure as a man in blue boxers comes running out of the ship and over towards Evayn and Daine with his gun raised. Missing his battle armor and helmet Evayn and Daine are momentarily disoriented until they realize this (mostly) naked man is Kaff.

    Kaff, Evayn, and Daine now stand over the unconscious Jex. The ship, and its unexplored hull, rising before them. The hoverloader sits beside the ship a dozen centimeters above the ground, ready to transport any who dare up to the top of the ship. A cool morning breeze causes the high grass to wave and the surrounding trees and bushes to be filled with movement. The morning sun glistens as it strikes the dew covered hull.


    {{ Kaff is well aware that stun batons usually only knock out a foe for at most 30 seconds. }}
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-03-13 at 02:45 PM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kaff switches his rifle to stun and fires another shot into the creature lying in front of him. "Hey Captain, bring out a big crate of some kind can you?" He shouts back up the ramp. "The stronger the better." Kaff then looks around for any more danger.
    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine frowns slightly and pulls up his comm. "Hey Kera, how many feet did you see?" he asks as he looks upward at the ship. "We might want to check things out to see if there's more up there," he says. "This thing is a ways from the bridge."
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Having been just about to call down herself, Kera already has her comlink in hand when Daine calls up. "I barely saw anything, just a flash of something. Is everything okay out there? We could just take off, you know. I could do a loop-de-loop." The grin is evident in her voice.

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    "As much as I would like to suggest it," Daine says as he looks down at the beast. "Whatever it is looks like it could hang on."
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-03-13 at 08:09 PM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    "We should probably just kill it," Evayn says distastefully, looking at the Jex. "I get the feeling these are basically some kind of local pest. That farmer I spoke to talked about them." He stands off to the side a bit, seemingly unwilling to get too close to the creature.

  22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    "Awwww, okay. Do you boys need help down there, or should I just stay here and eat bonbons?" The sound of her snickering can be heard.

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    At Kaff's request, the Captain comes out holding a small white cube slightly less than half a meter on a side. JZ pauses at the hatchway holding the crate when he sees the Jex. Looking to Kaff, JZ says, "What? Are you going to cut off it's head or something?"

    Just then, a strange piercing almost birdlike screech can be heard. Sounded like it came from overhead. The captain glances up and then takes a step back into the cargo area again. He drops the crate and readies his blaster.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-03-14 at 05:31 AM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine crouches slightly as the call is heard, raising the stunbaton protectively. "Well, I guess that answers the question of there being another one," he says. "Shall we?"
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Hearing what Evayn has to say and then seeing the almost comically small crate JZ came out with; Kaff, with a little regret, switches his blaster back to lethal and fires into the head of the Jex (Coup de Grace) as the screech is heard.

    "I was just thinking that your Hut business partner may want a guard pet. I hear they are into things like that."

    Kaff then looks up to see if he can see the creature that made that screech.
    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Evayn looks up at the screech, raises his blaster, and then notices no one else seems ready to move. He sighs and climbs onto the hoverloader, keeping a watchful eye toward the top of the ship. He's quite tense, remembering the speed with which the first Jex attacked, and readies himself to dodge as best he can.

    Spot - (1d20+0)[12]

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    JZ flinches when Kaff blasts the Jex and then JZ snorts at the suggestion from Kaff and says, "Its bad enough I have to send them money. I don't want anything more to do with them."

    Evayn raises his blaster and climbs aboard the hoverloader. After a moment he his up on top of the aft portion of the ship. The view of the surrounding country is quite nice from up on top of the ship, rolling hills in most directions and Titus City glistening in the sunrise.

    However nice the view is, no Jex is visible. However, the 'neck' and 'head' of The Angry Mule partially obscure the view.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    With no response to her question, Kera just smirks to herself. "Bonbons it is. Call me if you need anything." She puts down the comlink and waits. She taps her foot on the floor, taps her hand on her leg, and looks out the window.

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    "Save me the ones with the nuts," Daine says over the comm before slipping it back into his belt. "Send the lift back down," he calls up to Evayn. "Hopefully it doesn't strand him up there..." he says more quietly to the other two men. He pauses a moment glancing over at Kaff, eyes going from the security chief's shorts, then straight to his face. "Nice shorts."
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-03-15 at 07:02 PM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    "I don't see anything else up here. Can't see part of the ship though." Evayn sends the lift down, maintaining a wary eye toward the rest of the ship.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •