New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

Daine

Daine moves forward to the lift as it descends, stopping it. He looks towards Kaff. "You want to go up there with him? You're better at range than I am," he says as he sticks the stunstick back into its clip on the side of his toolkit and pulls out the blaster he was given.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

The lift stops just above the grass ready to carry either or both of the remaining crew members up to the top of the ship.

{{ Daine knows the weight limit of the loader at this altitude is 5 tons. }}

Topside, Evayn continues to scan the edge of the module which contains the bridge. Also aware that the beast can walk up the side of the ship he also glances across the edge and occasionally over his shoulder for good measure. He thinks he see movement along the narrow neck which connect the bridge module to the rest of the ship. By the time he puts his full attention on the area, there is nothing obvious out of place.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Holy &*#$! What the hell was that? Daine's comlink crackles into life. "Um, Daine? There's something walking on the window. Like a big lizard. It just came up and now it's heading starboard. And there it goes. Starboard."

4. - Top - End - #304

AssassinGuy

Daine

"Damnit," Daine curses and jumps onto the hoverloader. "Get up here, Kaff, it'll hold both of us." he says. He waits a moment for Kaff to join him on the loader and hits the button to raise it to the level of the ships hull. "Starboard," he calls out to Evan as their heads rise above the hull. He peers across the hull, trying to catch site of the beast.

((
    Spot: 1d20+3 = [20] + 3 = 23
    ))
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Orc in the Playground

Looking around for whatever it was that made that screech, Kaff nearly missed Daine's comments of "Nice shorts."

"Well, I could go and put on my armour and be back in five minutes?" However, Daine was listening to his comlink and I don't think he heard him. Kaff himself had moved a short way along the ship to see if he could see the creature. He's thinking that maybe it can walk along the hull with those suction cup like feet.

"Damnit," Daine curses and jumps onto the hoverloader. "Get up here, Kaff, it'll hold both of us."

Kaff jumps up as quickly as he can and nods to Daine to start upwards.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn raises his blaster and moves cautiously to starboard, ready to blast the creature if he catches sight of it.

Spot - (1d20+0)[18]

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

The hoverloader reaches a point level with the top of the ship and Daine stops its rise.

Evayn has moved a few cautious meters towards the starboard side of the ship.

{{ Map of the 'top' of the ship. Each takes up 4 squares because of the scale.

I would guess that Evayn is H19-I20. Daine/Kaff are on the loader B19-C22.

}}

As Daine and Kaff are about to step from the hoverloader, Evayn spots the beast clinging to the side of the bridge, its tooth filled maw peering around the corner. {{ Head in L10 }} Daine and Kaff both notice a second beast as it pops its head up from alongside the ship. {{ Head seen at O16 }}

From the top of the ship, the morning breeze is quite cool, especially if you aren't wearing a space suit. Barely visible on the dew covered hull are the numerous tracks of these Jex. They seem to have been very busy walking around and checking out the ship.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-03-19 at 11:33 AM.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"One on the bridge," Evayn says, taking a single step toward the creature. With a two-handed grip, he takes careful aim; "I got it," he says cockily, smirking, and with that blasts at the Jex's head as it peers at him.

Attack - (1d20+3)[5]
    Damage - (3d6+2)[11] (rolls include bonuses from Point Blank Shot

9. - Top - End - #309

AssassinGuy

Daine

"At least they've had fun," he says, smirking heavily as he raises the blaster. He frowns and lowers it slightly. "Not bloodly likely," he says, stepping carefull onto the ship.(moving to E18 so he's not shooting directly at Evayn) "I'd rather not blast Evayn..." he says as he raises the blaster and tries myserably to shoot at the Jex.

((
    Attack: 1d20+-2 = [12] - 2 = 10
    Not bloodly likely! I said I'm not good with these things! *snickers*
    ))
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-03-20 at 12:47 AM.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

On the Hull

Evayn's shot impacts the hull aft of the bridge and ricochets off of the hull armor. The blaster bolt bounced port and up pass within a few meters of Daine, but over his head. The blast did startle the Jex which jumped off of the side of the bridge out into the open with a hiss. Its focus is on the point on the hull where the blaster hit as it glares and hisses. {{ M12 }}

Daine's blaster shot gets a bit closer, but passes over the head of the Jex. The Jex also hisses and then ducks its head down out of sight.

Inside

A blaster impact on the bridge module echos loudly inside the bridge. The ship's computer begins spewing auditory collision warnings and flashing red warning blocks on most of the screens. One of the messages from the computer suggests that without manual override, the shields will automatically engage in 15 seconds. No wait, 14... 13...

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Shields coming up could solve the whole problem. Why didn't I think fo that in the first place?
    "Hey!" Kera's voice comes out loud and clear over Daine's comlink. "Who's shooting the ship? You trying to make the shields come up? Wait, are you guys ON the ship?" Just in case, Kera doesn't wait for the response, and hits the manual override for the shields, shutting them down.

12. - Top - End - #312

AssassinGuy

Daine

"Um, yes... we are..." Daine says, slightly wide eyed. "Lets avoid turning the shields on right now while we're still up here..."

13. - Top - End - #313
    Orc in the Playground

Having lost his target after Daine's shot, Kaff refocuses on the one that seems to be going for Evayn. Raising his rifle he shoots (1d20+4)[10].

Damage (3d8)[12].

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

On the Hull

Kaff fires his blaster at the visible Jex. His shot impacts low, bounces off the hull armor and ricochets back up just missing the Jex's head but clearly drawing its attention towards the crew. The Jex, unsure of the origin of the blast, skitters forward and leaps at Daine, its tooth filled maw ready to kill.

Daine, however, rolls with the attack and manages to remain standing, with the Jex right next to him. {{ Daine takes move 4 VP damage }}

{{ Jex's head is at F17, its tail I14 }}
    {{ The other Jex is off the starboard of the ship }}

Inside

Kera easily overrides the autoshields and turns off the audible alarms. Sitting back down, wondering what is going on, Kera casually glances at the sensors which easily detect and show 3 humanoids on the hull. They also show a pair of speeder bikes about 2 km away headed towards the ship at about 100kph.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn steps back (J17-K18 square) as the Jex runs in his direction, then fires another shot at the creature as it menaces Daine.

Attack - (1d20+3)[12]
    Damage - (3d6+2)[11]

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Yeah, yeah. Hey, there's a couple of speeder bikes headed this way. You guys gonna wrap up your safari soon?" They could just be headed in this general direction. They could just be out for a joyride, or friendly-types. Yeah, sure. I'm suddenly wanting my blaster...

17. - Top - End - #317

AssassinGuy

Daine(AC 14, VP: 0, WP: 11)

"Gah!" Daine yells. He drops the blaster as he rolls with the attack, then grabs his stun rod and swings it at the Jex. "Little help?" he yells out to Kaff.

((
    Attack: 1d20+0 = [11] + 0 = 11
    ))
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-03-23 at 11:37 AM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Evayn fires his blaster at the fast moving Jex, just barely missing. The Jex, obviously drawn to the sound of blaster fire, turns toward Evayn. Just as it leaps at Evayn, Daine swings his stun baton at the Jex, coming close, but not making the required contact.

The Jex, for its part, tries to leap at Evayn, but its feet slip in on the moist hull and it collapses just at his feet, momentarily startled. Attack

{{
    Evayn J17-K18
    Daine E18-F19
    Kaff B19-C20
    Jex E17(tail)-I17(head)
    }}
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-03-23 at 03:09 PM.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Orc in the Playground

OOC: I'm guessing that I'm still on the hover loader - either that or I'm falling off the side of the ship

Attack: (1d20+4)[22]
    Damage (3d8)[9]

IC: Kaff lets out a loud yell, trying to distract the creature into attacking him, 'perhaps not my best plan,' he thinks as he shoots at the beast and runs off the hover loader toward the back of the ship hoping the stupid creature might run right past Daine and make itself vulnerable. Kaff already knows that Daine's stun rod can affect these things.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn fires reflexively at the Jex as it falls, hoping to finish it quickly following Kaff's shot.

Attack - (1d20+3)[14]
    Damage - (3d6+2)[15]

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

The Jex, only momentarily startled tries to scramble to its feet as Kaff fires his balster with a mighty yell. The shot only glances the creature, but it elicits a strange pained chirp from the beast.

The beast attempts to scramble away on the wet hull, but is quickly stopped as Daine smacks it with his stun baton and Evayn blasts the beast, hitting it in the center of its back. The beast collapses against the hull either from the stun or from the blaster damage.

{{ I rolled Daine's AOO for him }}

A moment later, a similar strange chirp is heard off the aft side of the ship. The chirping continues and seems to be growing more faint as if its source were moving away.

22. - Top - End - #322

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine frowns down at the beast. "Lovely wildlife they have out here," he says unhappy as he nudges it once with his toe, stun rod held up high just in case. "We probably should get down just in case," he says glancing to the others. "Kera said something about incoming speeders or something," he says. He grabs his commlink as he moves back to the loader. "We still have incoming?" he asks as he waits for the others.

((Sorry for the lack of posting, today was WAY too busy. >.<))

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Yep, still headed this way. I'd say that, if they don't turn or anything, they'll get here in a minute or two."

24. - Top - End - #324
    Orc in the Playground

As the final Jex moved off, Kaff turned toward Daine. "Well, I don't think I'm dressed well enough for company. I think I'll go put something a little more . . . appropriate on." He bent down and picked up the blaster Daine had dropped and handed it back. "By the way, if you didn't want the blaster why didn't you say so?"

25. - Top - End - #325

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine chuckles and takes it back. "Sorry, just figured I should use something I have a chance of hitting with," he says with a chuckle. "I told you earlier I was no good with 'em." He slips it back into the holster and shrugs slightly.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-03-26 at 09:54 AM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Everyone gets back inside and JZ rushes to help stow the hoverloader once the hatches are closed.

Once stowed, JZ rushes up to the bridge to see about the incoming speeders. As he reaches the top of the stairs, he is panting and sweating profusely. He glances around furiously attempting to read the situation from the faces of the crew before attempting to see the sensor. Jz then says, "Well?"

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera turns in her seat with surprise on her face. She sets down the comlink that she was just about to use again. "They turned." She pauses for a few moments. "How about if I just get us back over to pick up the pay?" Without waiting for an answer, she lifts the ship off the ground and flies it smoothly back over, calling in for permission to land before setting her down gently.
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-03-26 at 05:49 PM.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera gently lifts the ship into the air and in less than a minute is back at the ore processing center and on the landing pad.

JZ, still sweating a bit, stands and says, "I'll go collect our pay. I need a bit of fresh air. We need to decide how to spend the 30 hours until our meeting with the 'Brothers'. Keep your fingers crossed, maybe we managed to pick up a mineral rich load." With that he lumbers back down the ladder leaving Evayn, Kaff, Daine, and Kera standing on the bridge.

A moment or two after JZ disappears down the ladder, a faint, "Your majesty, you look exhausted, let me get you something to drink." can be heard from Trill down in the common area. Jz's response is drown out by the ships ambient noises.

Several seconds later, a flashing light announces an open hatch as JZ exits the ship. Less than a minute later, the flashing light stops when JZ closes the hatch again. Soon enough JZ clambers back up the stairs to the bridge with a forced smile on his sweaty face. He plops down in one of the seats, which groans in discomfort at the sudden weight. Turning his cred stick around it now shows a balance of 1306 credits.

JZ says, "Okay Evayn, what were these jobs you found again?", as Trill arrives with a cold glass of water for JZ.

29. - Top - End - #329

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine drops down into the seat next to Kera, swiveling it around to face the bridge as JZ takes his leave. "Well, that was exciting," he says, chuckling softly. "And nice piloting us over without the loops I know you wanted to do," he says, grinning slightly to Kera.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"I have exercised the utmost restraint," she says with a grin. Then she looks him over. "You okay? You look a little...used up and spit out. What were those things, anyway?"