New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

Daine

Daine smirks, glancing at the shoulder of his shirt as he leans back. "I've no clue really, something with suckers and teeth who apparently thought I looked tastey," he says. "Came after me and caught me a couple times, but I'm alright."
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Uh-huh." Kera lifts an eyebrow and smirks momentarily, before putting on a mock-serious face. "I'll check you over later. You could have sprained something without even knowing it." The she grins. "C'mon," she nods her head to the stairs down, "JZ won't be gone long, and I'd like to know where he wants to try putting the ship this time."

3. - Top - End - #333
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Our options on extra work are the blockade run, the farmer's missing daughter, and the settler transport," Evayn says in answer to JZ. "To be honest, as fun as blockade running sounds I don't think we'll be able to do that or the settler transport in 30 hours. We might be able to check around for this guy's daughter, and fighting off a few more of those Jex would probably figure in to that. They were big, but not too dangerous I think--Daine's fine, and no one really even got hurt."

4. - Top - End - #334
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff emerges, once again in his well known armor, as Evayn finishes speaking. "Well, I'm up for whatever people want to do but is there any chance I can get about six hours uninterrupted sleep? I tend to get cranky without it - although that might be an advantage?"

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Sitting down next to Daine once they get down in the common area, Kera relaxes into the chair, slouching a little, and listens in. "Can we set up the blockade run for after the deal? Or the settler transport? They aren't really expecting a ship ready to go right this minute, are they?" She shrugs. "I don't really want to leave this planet again without the droid operational. Back to Wezen would be okay, but anything else could be a little dicey."

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

JZ wipes his brow and says, "Yeah, I could use a day off. Maybe dock in the city so we don't get attacked by a Bantha herd."

After looking around for everyone's opinion, JZ adds, "I agree that any job which takes us out of this system may result in us missing our meeting. At least until Kera gets her math tutor, er, I mean droid." JZ gets a wide grin and then downs the rest of his drink.

JZ looks to Daine and says, "Is the droid in enough pieces that we can all help? I was pretty good with a hydro spanner, back in the day."

JZ turns to Kera and says, "In any case, we need to get off their platform. Why don't you take her up and fly around while we decide what to do?"
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

At JZ's jibe about math, Kera just rolls her eyes. Then she grins. "Aye, aye, Cap'n." She stands up smartly and salutes JZ. "You menfolk decide what to do and I'll just fly the damn ship." She smirks and heads up to the bridge.

8. - Top - End - #338

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine ponders a few moments. "Well, they're pretty much completely disassembled, and not very prettily. I suppose all the help we have together the quicker chance of it coming together," he says with a chuckle. "Shouldn't be too hard overall though I hope."

As Kera starts towards the bridge, he frowns slightly, his hands snaking towards the restraints and as indiscretely as possible, he fastens them. "Now you've done it..."
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Orc in the Playground

After hearing Kera, Kaff looks at JZ and says, "Jeez Captain, don't encourage her to fly like a loon!" As he says this, Kaff quickly jumps into a seat and starts strapping himself in.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

The captain holds on and the sweat pours out of him again as he wimpers, "Well, I didn't mean it like that." Once the course of the ship levels out and begins descending to the public docking bay in Titus City, JZ adds, "Well, that it, I'm in charge. I say we get a break. Work on the droid if you like, I need to relax a little."

As JZ walks past Trill, Trill chimes in, "Your Majesty, you still don't well, why don't you lay down. I'll bring you a nice cup of Corellian tea with a touch of Bantha cream, just the way you like it." JZ continues on and into his quarters, while Trill hustles off to prepare the tea. Finding a few crew members in the common area, Trill asks, "Shall I get you a spot of tea as well?"
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

11. - Top - End - #341

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine smiles to Trill and nods. "Sounds good to me," he says. "Thanks Trill." He unbuckles and starts towards the bridge to check up on Kera, then pauses. "Hey Trill," he says as he moves back towards him. "Does he have a history of this?" he says, motioning downward towards JZ's quarters. "I'm a little worried about him."
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-03-31 at 10:50 AM.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

After recklessly indulging in a few of her more entertaining flight maneuvers, Kera straightens the ship out, calls in for permission to land at the public docking bay and puts her down gently at the assigned location. She sits at the controls with a grin on her face for a few minutes, slowly letting go, then flips the switches to power the engines down. She bounds down the steps cheerfully, saying, "traffic is such a bitch, isn't it?"

13. - Top - End - #343
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Nice." Evayn says in response to Kera's comment, releasing his grip on a bulkhead.

"No thanks, Trill. Yeah, the Cap' doesn't seem so healthy, is he generally this way?" he asks as he settles into his now-habitual position with his feet up on the table.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Orc in the Playground

As Kera comes down from the bridge and makes her comment, Kaff looks over to her and says in a somewhat jovial tone, "I can hurt you, you know." But he doesn't mean it.

To Trill he says, "thanks for the offer but what I need is several hours of uninterrupted sleep. Feel free to wake me when the next disaster occurs." With that, he stands and heads back to his quarters.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera smirks at Kaff. "Bring it on, tough guy." The smirk turns into a cheesy grin, though, and it is perfectly clear that she is also kidding.

She punches Daine's arm lightly as she walks past him, and nods over to the box of droid parts, her grin taking on an air of mischief. "You going to work on the droid, or just fix it when I'm done?" Having already taken a look at it, she knows which tools they'll need, at least to start, so she snaps open Daine's toolchest and begins pulling out what will be needed.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff and JZ settle in for some rest while the rest of the crew works at getting the droid up and running. Daine makes a quick assessment of what is broken and should be repaired.

Repair tasks :
    Rebuild main chassis(restore 25 lost WP). {{DC 15 repair check, 1WP per hour}}
    Replace broken parts(restore lost ability points -4 STR, -3 DEX, -5 CON, -11 INT, -5 WIS, -3 CHA). {{DC 15, but need replacement parts, 1 point per 8 hours}}
    Repair broken components(Commlink, Heuristic Processor, Improved Sensor, Infrared Vision, 360 Vision, Diagnostics Package, Recording Unit(holo), Telescopic Appendage, Magnetic Feet). {{Repair/craft check DC15, as if building the item new, need High Complexity craft kit(150 credits) }}
    Recharge Fire Extinguisher from ship scrubbers(restore functionality). {{ Repair DC 10, Computer Use DC 15 }}
    Repair Speak Binary capability. {{ Repair DC 20, 1 hour total }}

As Daine finishes enumerating the items needing repair, Trill arrives with the tea. He distributes the tea and says, "His Royal Majesty has immense responsibilities and carries the burden of responsibility for the crew. Pour Mr. Vicks died, beasts attacked the ship, our pilot flying like a trandoshan... all of this weighs upon him. Sure we might have survived a crash, but would the ship have flown again? Would we have survived the Hutts coming to collect their debt?" Trill looks down, embarassed at his outburst, then adds, "I'm sure a little rest and an increasing cred-stick, will make him feel better."

{{ Need to know exactly what each person is working on. The main droid chassis is only big enough to allow one person to work on it at a time. Given the number of broken and detached parts that won't be an issue till tomorrow.}}

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

kera ignores the 'trandoshan' comment completely. After sorting through the parts for a little bit, she pulls out the heuristic processor and begins to tinker with it.

{Take 10 on Repair for 17}
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-04-01 at 03:41 PM.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn surveys the droid parts for a moment, a look of mild confusion barely concealed. Finally, he says "How about I go and try to find this other tool kit you need for those parts, the high complexity kit? I won't be too much help here. Probably can get a deal on the kit though." Assuming there are no answers in the negative, he makes his way outside and begins looking around for a suitable shop.

If he needs to locate a good place:
    GatherInformation - (1d20+5)[18]
    To try to haggle down the kit:
    Diplomacy - (1d20+9)[12]

19. - Top - End - #349

AssassinGuy

Daine

"No need really," Daine says, a wry smile spreading across his face. "What would the point be of getting a smaller toolset for it?" He stands, stretching slightly as he heads back to the alcove to start getting the parts and tools laid out for the different sections. "I've got a everything we'd need to build a new ship if we had the materials, this will be no problem. We do however need some new parts to get it up and running completely." He settles in, looking over the parts. "I'll start in on the main chasis, see if I can't get it up and running at a minimum level, then hit the binary speech components." he says, his grin still present at he glances to Evayn, picking up a system board and memory matrix and examining them. He grins slightly as he looks over to Kera. "Careful with that no tweaking it too hard," he says, winking at her.

((Daine actually has an Extreme Capacity Toolset already. That's why he had a hoverloader to get it all in the ship.

Main Chasis: 1d20+14 = [15] + 14 = 29
    (Goal is to get it up to 1WP to get it up and running)
    (Yes, I rolled for the broken stuff first, forgetting the chasis has to be done first...)

Speak Binary Repair: 1d20+14 = [11] + 14 = 25
    ))
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-04-01 at 08:56 PM.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera quirks an eyebrow at Daine, then starts to grin. "Tweaking? Who's 'tweaking'? Everyone is fully dressed. There is obviously no 'tweaking' going on. I'm working over here."

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Evayn makes it to the door before hearing from Daine that his tool kit has all the tools that are needed for this repair.

As Daine, Evayn, and Kera get to work on the droid, the time passes quickly and lots of progress is made.

Daine is able to quickly get the Audio Binary output device working and then begins in earnest on reconstructing the torso and the major wiring.

Kera works on the Heuristic Processor which is very complicated and detail oriented work. She doesn't run into any snags but is only a little over 10% done after 8 hours.

Evayn starts on the droid chassis and is completely overwhelmed by the magnitude of the task and doesn't make any progress before Daine takes over. He then focuses on the Visual sensor module. That module is up and running just after the 8 hour mark.

{{ Droid is at -3WP. Speak Binary and 360 Vision modules are now functional. I didn't know what Evayn wanted to work on, but that module is important if the droid is going to help Astrogating. }}

Kaff and JZ are now awake and rested. 22 hours till the meeting which means its about 9pm local time.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-04-05 at 05:00 PM.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

After spending half her time redoing what she'd just done, Kera was getting nowhere. Fast. She blows out an annoyed breath and finally just stops. After spending a few minutes watching Daine with an ever-broadening grin, she stands up, takes the stairs up, then back down to stretch her legs. "Daine, I'm going in circles with that thing." She stops right behind him, leaning over his shoulder. "Switch with me. You're better at that kind of crap anyway." And you get that little crinkle in your forehead when you work on things like that. I love that. Unless he protests, she starts working on the chassis.

{Take 10 for 17 again}

23. - Top - End - #353

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine leans back slightly as Kera comes up behind him. "Well, alright," he says with a slight chuckle as he looks up to her. He lets her at the chassis, standing and walking to the galley for something to drink. "The processor probably will help the most, but the other broken components that need replaced will need to be done soon... If we could just flat replace them it would be nice... its going to take forever to repair them all."

He settles back in after taking a short break, working on the Processor, figuring the other parts would take much less time once it was done.

((Repair Check: 1d20+14 = [7] + 14 = 21))
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-04-03 at 02:49 PM.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

As Daine finishes his sentence, "If we could just flat replace them it would be nice... its going to take forever to repair them all." JZ walks into the galley. JZ then says, with a stern look on his face, "Well, my boy, I pay you to make the repairs. If you want to spend your pay buying replacement parts, then, by all means, do so." JZ then smiles broadly and slaps JZ on the shoulder.

JZ follows Daine back into the engineering area saying, "Come now, it can't be that bad." JZ pauses, looking around at the mess and then adds, "See, I told you it wasn't that bad. The droid only takes up 6 square meters... I've seen worse."

JZ stands there peering at the various broken parts and then asks for several broken pieces and several tools and adds, "I'll take these over to the galley and work on them." The parts he requested seem to go with the Diagnostics Package. Parts in hand JZ waddles off to the common area.

{{ Okay.. sounds like Daine, JZ, and Kera are going to work for 8 (more) hours. What about Kaff/Evayn?
    Also.. anyone making repairs.. Daine's tool kit gives a +2 bonus.}}
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-04-03 at 04:36 PM. Reason: add bonus

25. - Top - End - #355
    Orc in the Playground

After a quick bite to eat in the 'morning', Kaff sees that JZ is up and around. "Uh, Captain, can I have a word please?"

When he gets a chance to talk, he says, "Sir, sooner or later . . . and probably sooner knowing our luck. This ship is going to be shot at. I was wondering if you might give me some pointers on using one of the guns on this ship?"

OOC: Basically Kaff would like to spend some time training. I don't know if you award xp for this but I'm hoping to take the starship operations feat when I can.

Also, I'm going to be away from my computer over Easter so my apologies that I won't be able to post for the next few days.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

JZ listens to Kaff's request and then says, "Absolutely. I'll just finish up this piece. Can you run out to the landing pad and manually raise the backblast shields? That'll give us something to shoot without destroying the facility."

JZ finishes up the wiring on the Diagnostics package he was working on and then wait for Kaff to return.

JZ then takes around and show him the 4 weapon mounts. He explains that, "The two at the rear of the ship have weapons actually mounted on them. The front two are there because I was being overly hopeful a year or so ago. "

While in the rear near the weapon's pods, JZ accesses the main computer, while he continues explaining, "I'm going to re-route power away from the weapons and re-calibrate them so that their power output is less than a normal blaster."

As JZ continues working away at the computer terminal, he adds, "It is possible, to add extra power to the weapons if needed. That usually means you've got to draw power away from something else first... like shields or engines or life support. Obviously we don't do it very often."

JZ says, "Okay. There we go. Climb into the pod... Right okay, so you can fire all you want at the blast shielding. Shouldn't hurt anything. If someone on the bridge is working the sensors, they can feed sensor data down to you to coordinate attacks. That'll help give you an edge."

As Kaff gets a feel for the weapon JZ continues, "So in order to effectively use these pods we really need at least 5 crew members. 2 in pods, 1 piloting, 1 on sensors, 1 on shields. Ideally, we'd also have someone like Daine running around routing power as needed and keeping the 'ol girl' moving."

JZ points around and says, "Now like this you can fire in a pretty wide arc covering the back and side of the ship. There, swivel around and try it out."

JZ helps Kaff climb out of the pod and adds, "Now, if we're short handed or fighting something with strong shields, you'll want to run the weapons from the bridge. Come on, I'll show you."

JZ walks with Kaff up to the bridge. JZ powers up the computer and then shows Kaff the sensor display. "Okay, see here, you can designate targets to the weapon stations and feed them trajectory information. It gives the pods a chance to get aimed before the target even comes into view. The sensor can also show engine changes which could indicate an upcoming manuever."

While Kaff plays around with the sensors, scanning ships flying into and out of Titus City, JZ sets up another display to be the weapons console. JZ then says, "There," and points at the screen, "designate that freighter." JZ moves over to the weapons display and says, "See here, on the weapons display, I get all this extra information. Now from here on the bridge, if I fire the weapons, it fires them both at once at the same target."

JZ clears the designation and has Kaff sit in the weapons display. JZ then says, "There, take a couple shots at the blast shield. See how both bolts hit the same spot. Now you'll notice the firing arc is restricted to the rear of the ship where both weapons can fire. If you want to shoot out the side arc from the bridge you need to get Daine to disable the opposite side weapon, otherwise the computer will only let you fire where both weapons can point."

JZ sits and watches Kaff and then adds, "So, if we ever get those front weapons installed we'll probably need two people just on the bridge to run the weapons." JZ scratches his chin and says, "Well, technically, I could fly and shoot all at the same time. Its just distracting and takes a lot of focus. Well, thats about it... any questions?"

27. - Top - End - #357
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Feeling slightly useless with the more difficult repairs, Evayn sits in the commons area and begins pulling up data on the ship's upkeep and business. Before long, he's engrossed in the work and alternately mutters to himself and taps calculations into his datapad, feeling his prior experience on the administrative end of transport come back to him. It's a much smaller operation than that which he's used to, so there's a lot more minutia to worry about. With Vicks gone, someone would have to handle the finances and Evayn saw no reason he couldn't take up some of the responsibility. Once he was satisfied with his understanding of the needs of the ship and the Outer-Rim specific business practices, he set about seeing if there were any loose ends to tie down or extra credits to be wrung out.

Knowledge rolls:
    Beurocracy - (1d20+7)[12] (for Port Authority, interplanetary trade law, etc)
    Business - (1d20+3)[20]

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

After another 8 hours of labor for Kera and Daine, the Droid is again sentient. It beeps and whirs quite a bit, but without the Heuristic Processor it can't understand anyone. {{ unless you have Speak Binary }} Likewise, no one can understand it. {{ unless you have Speak Binary }}

{{ Droid is at 5 WP. Heuristic Processor is 27% repaired. Diagnostics Package is 16% repaired. The droid can't move without the "feet" being attached(repair DC 20, 1 hour). }}

JZ and Kaff spent the last 8 hours running through drills and cueing targets to the various weapons and practicing engagments.

Evayn sits with his and the captains data pads going over the financials, analyzing the historical profits and such. {{ PM'd with all the details. }}

{{ About 14 hours till the meeting. 5am local time }}
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-04-05 at 05:00 PM.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

The whirring and beeping is encouraging. After spending that much time trying to fix the droid, it is finally showing signs of life. "Well, hello there. We'll get you going soon. I hope." She looks up at Daine. "I'm done for now. I'll get back to work on this later." She frowns. "I knew it was messed up, but I didn't realize it was this messed up." Then she stands up, stretches and puts the tools away, taking Daine's if he's stopping, too. "I don't think we're going to be able to actually get two droids working anytime soon. Didn't the other one have a vocabulator? Maybe we could drop that into this one, and some of the other stuff, too. When we get time, that is." Looking over at JZ, she gives him a flip salute. "I'm for bed. 'Night, Cap'n." She heads into Daine's room.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

JZ returns from practice with Kaff to hear Kera's suggestion and such. JZ responds, "Aiy, good night lass." JZ turns to Daine and says, "Fraid, I never learned to whistle 1200 baud. I can't make heads or tails out of this beeping. If that other droid has the bit that makes it talk, I think its a great idea to stick it in this droid."

Seeing Daine get kind of droopy, JZ adds, "You should get some sleep before you accidentally poke your eye out with that fusion cutter."

{{ Repair DC 25 to install vocabulator in an astromech droid, plus an hour of time. }}

JZ turns to leave and says, "I'm going to double check the hatches and then get some more sleep myself."