New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

Daine

Daine nods to JZ, stiffling a yawn. "That's a good idea... I've been at this way too long," he says, smirking heavily. "I'll get that installed first thing after I'm up later. See if we can't get this thing talking." He stands and stretches, tossing the cutter into the top of the toolbox. "G'night all," he says as he strides to his cabin door, pauses a moment, then walks in, a soft whistle coming from him.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Think I'll get some sleep too. I've had about enough looking over this stuff." Evayn stands, stretches, and wanders back toward his bunk. "'Later."

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff stands watch over the ship and her surroundings while everyone sleeps. The night, er well, morning passes without much trouble. The closest thing to a disturbance was a light frieghter landing in the adjacent bay.

Just after noon, local time, everyone rises and Trill prepares a dish he calls Hutt Delight. It is fragrent tasty, if somewhat spicy dish. Not your typical breakfast food, but boy does it wake you up.

Evayn and the Captain go over the finances and discuss ship operations in preparation for the meeting. JZ shows Evayn how to access the ship launch codes on his datapad as well as all the other contacts and schematics he has stored.

Kaff catches a little shuteye while Daine continues to work on the Heuristic processor. Kera tries to install the Medical Droid's vocubulator in the astromech droid. After struggling for 6 hours, Daine has made a little progress {{ 42% repaired }}, while Kera just manages to get the vocabulator fully installed as JZ rallies the crew to depart.

Coming up on 7pm, everyone heads out to Fat Polur's Bar. The Captain insists everyone be armed, but suggests that his blaster rifle may not be allowed in the bar. JZ gives Evayn the artifacts to carry while he carries the empty case for the money.

After leaving the ship, JZ secures the hatch and hangar bay, storing the access codes in his datapad.

On the walk over to the bar JZ recaps the plan. "We all walk in together. You four hang by the bar and I'll go over and talk to The Brothers. When I motion you over, the four of you come over with the artifacts. We swap for the cash and get out of there. In the morning we'll have to exchange the cash for credits before we head back to Wezen." JZ walks briskly, the cool evening air keeping him from sweating too much.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

4. - Top - End - #364
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn nods, scoping out the bar. "Sounds good Cap'," he says. Walking towards the bar, he comments to anyone who's listening, "Why do I have a feeling this is gonna be more complicated than it should be? Anyone want anything while we're here? I'm buying..." he says, then orders himself a Corellian whiskey.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

This morning, Kera is eager to dive back into fixing the droid, thoughts of it helping out on the next jump driving her out of Daine's room in just an oversized shirt and underwear, her hair as yet uncombed. She picks up the vocabulator enthusiastically and gets to work.

An hour after she starts working on the vocabulator install, Kera is swearing in Basic with variety and color. She stops after a few minutes and puts some more earnest effort into it. After another hour, she is jsut not seeing the problem and kicks the chassis lightly after banging her head on it a few times. Another hour ticks past and she starts swearing at it in Bothese, which is kind of funny for anyone listening who doesn't speak it. Anyone who chooses to snicker at her gets a glare and a few choice Wookie snarls for the trouble. Time continues to tick by and she gets up several times to stiffly replace some of Daine's tools properly and pull out a few others. She finally sees the real problem that was making it impossible for the thing to connect in properly. One small switch flicked and the thing lights up. She glares at it for a minute or so, then takes a deep breath and sighs. After leaning back to lie on the floor in apparent defeat, she just says, "no wonder it was so &*%^ing cheap."

JZ's announcement brings her up off the floor and she heads into her own room to get fully dressed and strap on her blaster. She leaves the door open so she can hear what he says and comes back out ready to go.
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-04-10 at 07:43 PM.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff doesn't like the fact that his rifle won't be allowed in but he has to obey the rules. He lets Daine keep the blast pistol though because this is, hopefully, all about image. The tougher the group looks, the better off they will be. Besides, Kaff has his vibroblade and can always get his blaster back from Daine if things get too hairy.

When Evayn asks if anyone wants something, Kaff just shakes his head. He knows that in his armor he looks more imposing and doesn't want to take off his helmet and show weakness. He keeps his head stock still facing the Captain and the Rodians but his eyes keep moving behind the flash shield.

7. - Top - End - #367

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine digs into the processor almost as soon as he gets up and eats, still chewing the last of the meal. As JZ calls them together for the meet, he frowns at it, looking like he'd rather stay and finish. He goes and changes into clean clothes and straps the blaster low on his hip again after making sure it was on stun, and handing it to Kera to verify that it was. After he hands it back, he smiles at her and shakes his head. "Here's to hoping we don't need it," he says as he slips his stun rod onto its clip next to his repair kit.

At the bar he nods in response to Evayn. "Just some juice or the like," he says glancing towards JZ. "Hope you're just worrying too much though, Evayn."
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Fat Polur's Bar

The bar is a located on a side street off of the main promenade in Titus City. It takes up the lower two floors in an 8 story building. A couple of speeders and a swoop bike are parked outside. Inside, the establishment is split level, open above the bar with two sets of staircases to the upper level along the lefthand side. The righthand wall contains several semi-private booths while the front center of the room contains half a dozen small tables with several chairs at each. The lefthand wall and the rear walls of the establishsment are covered in viewscreens with various sporting events.

Downstairs you can see an even dozen patrons at this time of night. Most seem fixated with the view screens and only one or two look up when you enter {{ see descriptions on the map }}. The 5 rodians are in a booth along the right-hand wall. As the group enters they are all turned around watching an instant replay on the big viewscreen against the rear wall.

JZ motions the crew to the corner of the bar while he heads over to sit down with The Brothers. He carries with him the empty case to put the cash into while Evayn retains the artifacts at the bar. As JZ flops down into the booth {{L16}}, the Rodians all turn towards him. One of them {{ R1 }} reaches for a weapon but relaxes before he draws it.

The view screen against the lefthand wall emits the sound of a deafening explosion as a dramatic explosion is shown in instant replay, over and over. JZ talks quietly with The Brothers and then turns to the group, winks, and as he puts the case on the table and begins to pop the latches, four of The Brothers draw pistols and shoot him in the chest. The fifth brother closes the latches and goes to pick up the case.

JZ slumps and falls to the floor of the bar {{ K16 }}, smoke rising from his chest, his eyes open in a dead mans stare. As he lands, his datapad slides out of his pocket and slides towards the corner of the bar. {{ I20 }} The rodians make like they intend to exit.

Map 1 square = 2 meters
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-04-11 at 06:46 PM.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

After checking Daine's blaster, Kera Starts mulling over all the stuff she tried with the vocabulator. It had taken so damn long to just find the right way to put it in. And that stupid switch - she is still irritated about that. She broods the whole way, and only stops when Evayn asks about drinks. She waves him off and leans up against the bar next to Daine. Just as soon as JZ sits down, the meet has her full attention. She doesn't bother trying to hide it, as The Brothers don't seem to give a crap.

By the time JZ's body slumps over, her own blaster is out and pointed at one of the Rodians. Holy &*^%! They just shot him. Just like that. And he's a good guy! And Trill is gonna be- Stow it. They have to believe we'll kill them. She moves up and around the bar some, then barks out at them in Rodese, "you're not going anywhere with that, jerkoffs. Leave the case, and the cash, or you don't leave."

{
    move to I20
    initiative (if necessary): 19
    bluff: 18
    }
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-04-11 at 09:48 PM.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Orc in the Playground

'Oh Breaching Hellspawn Crap!! Nothing I could have done.' Kaff thinks as he sees JZ gunned down and begins moving. As he starts running, he draws his vibroblade, activates it and hopes not to get shot.

OOC: Kaff double moves to L20, he then turns and waits for an AOO.
    Last edited by Lord_Kimboat; 2007-04-11 at 09:03 PM.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn asks after something non-alcoholic for Daine when the bartender returns with his drink. He glances at JZ's table, takes a sip, and chokes on his drink as he watches JZ killed by the Rodians. He drops below the level of the bar. Stang! What now? he thinks, then recovers himself as he hears Kera speak what he can only assume is Rodese. He draws his blaster and begins edging along the bar, trying to keep out of sight. OK, keep it together. There was an emergency exit near the back--those bastards aren't getting away with this. Staying low, he makes his way as far as he can towards the emergency exit, seeking to place himself between the Rodians and the exit.

{headed for [J7], but I'm not sure how far he'll get what with moving slowly to hide and that we're not in rounds yet}

Initiative - (1d20+2)[16] (if necessary)
    Hide - (1d20+2)[17]

12. - Top - End - #372

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine takes his drink and sips it, watching the deal go down. He drops the glass onto the bar as the Rodians fire and his hand instantly drops to his stun rod, then in an intentional movement to the blaster. Damn it he thinks as he pulls it out and follows Kera around keeping it raised and ready to fire. I knew that was going too smoothly. As discretely as possible, he squats down, keeping the blaster raised and grabs the datapad, shoving it into his pocket.

((
    Initiative: 1d20+2 = [17] + 2 = 19
    ))

13. - Top - End - #373
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Should have probably rolled initiative.

(1d20+3)[17]

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

Fat Polur's Bar(round 1)

Daine and Kera move like clockwork ninjas around the bar to block the Rodian departure out the front of the building. Daine collects the fallen datapad and takes cover behind the corner of the bar with his pistol drawn while Kera impresses everyone with her oral dexterity, rattling off a threat in Rodese.

The armed and armor Bith takes a step back from bar {{ C13 }}draws his pistols and fires three shots into the Rodian cluster. Two of the blaster bolts strike one of the brothers in the chest as he stands up. The third strikes the glasses the Rodians were drinking from splashing the liquid all over the remaining quartet.

Kaff dodges around Kera and takes up position behind a support pole {{ L20 }}, his vibroblade in hand ready to strike should any Rodians run by. Evayn keeps low and moves towards the rear of the bar. As he approaches the Bith gunslinger, the Bith nods slightly and subtly motions him onward.

The Rodians for the most part are totally overwhelmed by this attack. Two of the brothers {{ R2 and R4 }} exit the booth and dive for the bar taking cover from the Bith. The Rodian with the case stands up and slides the case across the floor towards Kera, the case stopping just before striking her. {{ J19 }} He then replies to Kera in Rodese.

Spoiler
    Show

"We don't have much cash, but take it and let us live."

He then tosses a handful of credits on the floor obviously totally fewer than 30. He then starts to step slow backwards towards the rear of the establishment. The final brother ducked down and can't be seen by any crew member, but hasn't left the booth yet.

New Map

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Frowning, Kera keeps her gun pointed at, and her eyes on, the Rodians as she reaches down and picks up the case.

Rodian:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "What did you want the case for? Who were you taking it to?"

She glares at the Rodians, keeping the blaster level and trained on the one who spoke to her.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff fought with his rage. 'They killed the Captain! Damn but they will pay for that!' At this point Kaff wanted nothing more than to run in and start carving up the Rodians with his vibro-blade; but Kera seemed to be negotiating something with them. 'How can she negotiate with those that so richly deserve death?' He wondered, 'probably because the only alternative is to let one armored man take on all four of them.'

Then he saw it. The woman in the back, wearing the Swooprider gear, was aiming a gun at either Kera or Daine. Pointing his blade at her as if it were a gun, he shouted. "Don't even think about it!"

17. - Top - End - #377

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine frown slightly as he crouches behind the bar for a moment. He moves forward around the bar, looking towards the Rodians aiming his pistol at them as Kera speaks, using the edge of the bar to steady his arms.

((
    Readied action to fire if they attempt anything other than talking:
    Attack:1D20-2 = [16]-2 = 14
    Damage:3D8 = [4, 6, 8] = 18
    ))

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

Fat Polur's Bar(round 2)

Daine creeps out from around the bar, his blaster aimed and ready should any of the Rodians try anything stupid. Kera continues her chit-chat with the Rodians but before any of them works up the courage to answer, the Bith gunslinger jumps up onto the bar blasters out and says, "Okay Greka, I saw Davlik. Where is he hiding?"

At about the same time Kaff shouts down and threatens the young woman in the far corner. She smiles at him and shakes her head, obviously not intimidated at all, but no longer very threatening either.

The Rodian who was still concealed in the booth lunges out with his blaster draw saying something in Rodese :
    Spoiler
    Show

"Run Davlik, I will try to slow down the bounty hunters. Andoola, I avenge thee!"

As he raises his blaster, Daine fires a single shot from his loaner, hitting the Rodian in the gut. The Rodian drops his blaster falling to the floor with a thud and then he falls in line beside his brother and JZ.

The triplet of remaining Rodians break cover and make for the rear exit as Evayn steps out from behind the bar blocking their path. The Bith aims to take a shot at one of the Rodians who manages to find cover behind a four armed old woman sitting at the bar. She completely ignores the both threats and mumbles to herself while taking a sip of her drink.

The Jenet bartender hops up on the bar herself, rising to her full ratlike glory with some sort of custom made multibarrel slug-thrower rifle in her hands pointed at Kera. She bellows, "Take it outside Human." She says that final word with obvious disgust and hatred.

Map
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-04-13 at 04:04 PM.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"They shot first, Jenet." Kera mimics the bartender's disdain, but lowers her gun without putting it away. She moves up and stoops down to check over JZ, trying to keep an eye on the Rodians while she does so. Finding JZ to be thoroughly dead, she spits out a curse in Bothese and waves for Daine to come up with her. "He's dead. We should get the hell out of here before any local law enforcement shows up. And we should get the hell off this damn planet." She directs her statement to both Daine and Kaff.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Orc in the Playground

'Why is Kera even bothering to talk with these scum?' Kaff wondered and knew he certainly didn't intend to let any of them live after they had so brutally murdered Captain Zwillenger. In truth, Kaff felt guilty - his job was to protect the captain and the crew and in less than four days he had witnessed the death of one crew member and now the captain.

Switching his vibroblade to his left hand, Kaff runs to the body of the Captain (K16), crouches and retrieved JZ's heavy blaster with every intention of shooting the murderous Rodians that had killed the captain.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Stepping in front of the fleeing Rodians, Evayn hesitates only a moment before raising his blaster and pointing it in the face of the nearest one. Enraged at the callous and senseless murder of the captain, he's encouraged by Kaff's apparent readiness to keep fighting and the Bith gunslinger nearby. "Drop 'em," he says, gesturing at the ground with his gun hand and glaring into the Rodian's face.

Intimidate - (1d20+3)[14]

[Evayn readies to fire if they attack or flee]
    Attack - (1d20+3)[23]
    Damage - (3d6+2)[12]

22. - Top - End - #382
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

{Nice, crit threat if they run or fight. Ha! Rolling to confirm here...}

CritConf - (1d20+3)[12]

23. - Top - End - #383

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine frowns deeply, moving to Kera's side as she crouches over the captain. He keeps the blaster out but not trained on the other Rodians, the other seemed to have them covered. He crouches down, keeping an eye up to them, and the bartender. He sighs slightly. "Let me check him over," he says quietly, and attempts to pat down JZ's pockets for anything important, or any mementos that Trill might wish.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-04-14 at 06:14 PM.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

Fat Polur's Bar(round 3)

Daine, Kaff and Kera converge on their fallen captain. Kera finds him dead and while she curses the Rodians Kaff swipes his heavy blaster and Daine finding nothing else of value, nor any other mementos, takes JZ's credstick.

Evayn, holding the case with the artifacts, attempts to talk the cornered Rodians into surrender. Whilst they are briefly distracted by his dialog, the Bith surges to the end of the bar to get a clear shot at The Brother Davlik. His aim is true but the shot is glancing and doesn't kill the Rodian {{ R4 }}.

Seeing this and feeling trapped, the Rodians flee into Evayn's blaster fire which strikes one of the brothers in the face taking him down.{{ R2 }}. The duo of Rodians, one injured round the corner to the rear exit from the bar. As they flee the Bith curses under his breathe, "By Gamora's rings." He then says to Evayn as he hops down off the bar ready to pursue his prey, "You let Davlik get away. What did you shoot Beeko for? There was no bounty on him."

The bartender continues to cover three humans and their fallen captain and relaxes only slightly when remaining Rodians flee. Several of the patrons have begun to move away from the action while several others sit and stare off into space oblivious to the excitement. The woman in the corner with the blaster stands up and begins to approach the crew and their fallen captain.

Map
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-04-14 at 08:07 PM.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

With Kaff's intentions not completely clear by his actions but written all over his face, Kera puts a hand out to stop him. "Kaff, we need to get out of here before we get arrested for this. Who knows what these people will tell any authority types who might show up." She tries to get Evayn's attention by waving to him, indicating the main entrance if he looks, and starts trying to herd Daine and Kaff that way, also. "Yes, it sucks JZ is dead, but we aren't, and I'd like to stay that way, thanks. And no more carrying dead bodies, Kaff. Carry the living. Leave the dead."
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-04-14 at 08:26 PM.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff was just about to charge after the remaining Rodians when Kera stopped him. In anger, he turned sharply to her, only his eyes visible over the breather mask and seeming to stare holes of burning rage into her. But then they soften as her words sink in.

"Got it! But let's head out the back. Less chance of being stopped. Get the blasters here in the case, we can sell them later and put the credits in too. I'll lead, in case the Rodians haven't turned tail. Evayn, take the rear and explain to our bounty hunter friend that whatever he can get for these guys is okay with us."

With that, Kaff picks up his blade and carries JZ's heavy blaster in the other hand and heads toward the rear exit.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"We're not here for the bounty, these scumbags just shot our captain," Evayn says in answer to the Bith. Holstering his own blaster, Evayn stoops to check the fallen Beeko for anything useful, then grabs his blaster and stands.

"Evayn, take the rear and explain to our bounty hunter friend that whatever he can get for these guys is okay with us."

Taking the rear of the group as they move past, he looks at the Bith again and says "You heard him, any bounties on these are yours. Thanks for your help." Keeping the blaster pointed low, he warily eyes the bartender and the approaching swoop driver as he follows everyone out.

28. - Top - End - #388

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine begins to follow Kera out, attempting to keep a slight bit of cover. As the swoop driver follows him, he looks her over once, frowning slightly. "Anything we do for you?" he asks curiously, not really stopping for her, but looking her direction.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

Evayn briefly explains the situation to the Bith. Once he understands, the Bith Bounty hunter leaps off the counter and lands with a roll. Quick as a flash, he's out the back chasing the last two Rodian brothers.

Kera and Kaff open the empty cash case and load it up with the Rodian blaster pistols and the fallen credit chips while Daine and Evayn provide cover. No one approaches except the female in the swoopracer suit and she doesn't get any closer than 9 or 10 meters. She had a blaster pistol in her hand and seems interested in watching Kera and Kaff loot the bodies.

Daine asks, "Anything we do for you?" with a frown. She doesn't say anything but raises and eyebrow and tilts her head slightly while obviously surpressing a slight grin.

Everything stowed in the cases, Kaff takes the lead followed by Kera, Daine, and finally Evayn. Evayn keeps the room covered with his blaster until the crew exits the building. In response the bartender keeps the crew covered until they leave her bar. As Evayn rounds the last corner he can see both the swooprider and the Twi'lek {{C}} waving at him.

Once in the alley, the crew can proceed in two directions. One will take the crew out to the cross street which runs perpendicular to the main road that the bar was on. The second leads out to the rear, to street behind the bar which runs parallel to the street the crew arrived on. Down the rear alleyway, screams can be heard and blaster fire can be seen going past the alley outlet.

{{ I'll be posting EXP in the OOC thread, so keep an eye out. }}
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-04-16 at 08:52 AM.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"I vote to go away from the shots and screaming." She starts off towards the cross street that intersects with the main road. Turning back, she grins. "All in favor?" She raises her hand to be level with her head while taking a few steps backwards.