New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

"Sounds good to me," Evayn says with his back to the group and his eyes on the door they just left. "Let's get out of here before this gets any worse. Back to the ship, and let's try to keep a low profile." He holsters his blaster, but remains cautious.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff raises the hand with the vibroblade in it, and turns it off to reduce battery use while he says, "Aye." Followed a brief second later with, "and the aye's have it. Let's go."

3. - Top - End - #393
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine holsters the blaster as they walk out. "Lead the way," he says in response to Kera, glancing in the direction of the screams and blaster fire. "Let hope for a low profile for sure." He walks forward, slowing to walk next to Kera as they walk back to the ship.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

The crew makes its way down the alley. The sun hasn't quite set yet, but in the shadows of the buildings it is quite dark. The smell of sewage permiates the still air. As the crew makes its way down the alley, the occasional smell of rotting garbage gives the alley a little variety. The edges of the alley are lined with bags, boxes and other discarded containers.

As the crew approaches the outlet they can see a pair of humanoids lingering just inside the alley. A tall female Lepi with light brown fur in a fairly revealing outfit, but with seemingly poor hygeine stands on the left side of the alley while a male Farghul in clean non-descript middle class clothing stands on the right side.

Neither seem armed and as the crew approaches, the Lepi smiles briefly and then after looking over male crew members and seeing Kera, she frowns and turns her nose up at the crew. The Farghul leans in towards crew and murmurs, "Say, you wanna buy some death sticks?" while raising an eyebrow and smiling a friendly trustworthy smile.

From this vantage point the crew can see out into the street. Most of the traffic is by air, but a few speeder and hoverbikes can be seen on the street. The only visible pedestrians are a quartet of teenagers. They are standing between a pair of hoverbikes talking and laughing. They all seem to wear matching lime green jumpsuits and the bikes they stand between are also painted lime green with black and gold detailing.

{{VPs post in OOC }}
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-04-17 at 04:37 PM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

5. - Top - End - #395
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn waves off the dealer, otherwise ignoring him and the Lepi. After glancing out at the street, he says to the crew in an even voice "Let's just keep moving." Other than that, he says little and while he's clearly upset and angry he's outwardly quite composed.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera just rolls her eyes at both the whore and the dealer, walking past. "Yeah, just move. So...who wants the extremely crappy job of giving Trill the bad news? We could draw straws or something."

7. - Top - End - #397
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

"Are we even going to be able to get back into the ship?" Kaff puts in as he shoves the captain's pistol in his belt. "I mean the Captain had all the codes. We may want to go our separate ways here, although I would like to go back to the Mule to at least get my rifle. I'll tell Trill if you want . . . after all, I was security so it's my fault."

Kaff didn't really want to leave but he had to admit to himself that he'd done a spectacularly poor job. Each time they made planetfall, someone had died. First Vicks and now the Captain. 'What will I do next time, get everyone killed?'

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Oh, yeah, Kaff, you are just the worst security guy ever."
    Kera snorts and cuffs him on the shoulder lightly. "Geez, Kaff. Get a grip. It's not as if any of us thought they were just going to shoot him like that, in front of the whole bar. It wasn't your fault."

9. - Top - End - #399
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Yeah, go easy on yourself. None of us could have seen that coming," Evayn says, echoing Kera's feelings. "As for getting in, I'm sure Trill will unlock the ship for us, and Cap showed me how to find all the info we'll need on his datapad this morning before we left--launch codes and everything. Someone grabbed that along with everything else, right?"

10. - Top - End - #400

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine ignores both the hooker and pusher as they walk. "Yea, I picked it up," he responds to Evayn. He was somewhat dower at the moment, but Kera's attitude had a way of rubbing off on him quickly. "You couldn't have stopped it, just been laying there dead yourself," he says to Kaff. "I'll tell Trill if you guys want, I have stunning personal skills." He smirks slightly glancing towards Kera.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

Hearing all this the Farghul says, "You know, it sounds like you've had a rough day. Nothing like a couple death sticks to help you relax and get your perspective back. Make your troubles melt away." Adding with a handsome friendly smile, "You sure? I'll give you a break on the price."

Just then a bright red speeder goes by and the passenger shoots a blaster, on stun, at the lime green bikers. The speeder pass close enough to them for the stun to work its magic. As the speeder zooms away, one of the bikers collapses to the ground, stunned. The two of the other three pull sporting blasters and fire a couple shots at the speeder before it rounds the corner at the next intersection. The third biker hops on one of the hover bikes and make chase. As the bike speeds away it kicks up dirt and mud spraying the crew with hundreds of mud droplets.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera gives the pusher a glare. "We don't want any of your crap, and we're broke. So back off." Then she gets hit with the mud spray. After spitting a little out of her mouth, she sighs and looks herself over. "Dammit," she mutters. Then she just starts walking back to the ship, eyes peeled. When it rains, it pours. Right about now would be the time something else bad happens, so I will be damned if I fail to pay attention to everything going on. Nothing is sneaking up on me if I can help it. As she goes, she tightens her grip on the case.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

The Farghul smiles and says, "Well, princess garbage-can is too good for us. Well, if the investigators wonder if I saw anything, I'll just be sure to tell them about you and how you was talking about launch codes, killing people in a bar, and that rifle you plan to go get. Of course it'll be hard to describe you, but then how many people are covered in mud. Fair thee well." With that he turns away and seems intent on drawing the attention of some businessman walking this way.

The lime green bikers have pulled their buddy up off the street and are trying to revive him.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-04-19 at 10:07 AM.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

With an eyeroll, Kera just keeps walking. &*^%ing &*^%. We can't just fricking walk here and get from point A to point B without some damn &*^% trying to &*^% with us. "Let's be somewhere else." She glowers at everything and everyone the whole way back. She kicks some garbage out of the way, only to stub her toe on something heavy in the small pile. This elicits a stream of muttered but vehement obscenities.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Kaff once again draws the Captain's blaster and turns to face the Farghul for the next few steps away. He considered shooting the loathsome creature, there was implied threat, but it might draw more attention. Kaff did however make note of the alleyway. If the Farghul did betray them and Kaff got away, he was going to come back here looking for some payback.

"Let's go." He re-stated and continued to follow Kera's foul-mouthed litany into the gloom of the evening.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff pulls his blaster on the Farghul and the Lepi street walker reacts by hopping back a couple steps. This action draws the attention of the lime green bikers across the street. Seeing something of interest, the stop, spread out and all draw sporting blasters. Things become tense for a moment but nobody aims or shoots.

Seeking to avoid a fight Kera and Kaff lead the crew away down the street. As they pass the Farghul he smiles and shrugs his shoulders. The bikers watch for a bit and then resume laughing and joking, although the jokes may now be about the crew.

After a block or so everyone is able to relax a bit and the time passes quickly. Soon enough everyone is back at the hanger bay. Evayn and Daine are able to open the ship with ease. The crew now stands ready to board, a universe of possibilities open to them. Sure, they must break the news to Trill, but the ship could be theirs for just 3 easy payments.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-04-19 at 10:15 AM.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

First things first. Kera walks straight in, heads up to her own cabin, grabs her flight suit and requisitions the bathroom.

18. - Top - End - #408

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine frowns deeply as they board the ship. Things could have gone much worse, but they weren't flying high yet. He shakes his head and frowns, pausing in the cargo back to lock down the door after the others board the ship. "Lets get off this rock," he says.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

"I'd like to agree, but we need someplace to go to." Kaff replied to Daine. "We also need to make a few decisions first, like what do we tell Trill, do we have a right to the Angry Mule and what do we do with the artifacts?"

20. - Top - End - #410
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Yeah, taking off now won't do anything but use up fuel that we'll have to pay for later." Evayn set down the case of artifacts in the common area, then turned again to Kaff and Daine. "There's someone back at Wezen expecting some cash for these things. I think we should get in contact with this guy and see what he wants done with them. Moreover, why the hell did this happen? Why did those guys kill JZ? We might do well, in any case, to sit tight here for a day or so at least until we know if JZ's friend wants us to find another buyer." He pauses a moment, then continues, "Well, maybe not here, here. Planetside, but moving the ship is probably not a bad plan."

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera valiently hides in the showers while the rest of the crew discusses their future. Trill arrives in the common area holding a steaming cup of tea and says, "Tea for his Majesty. He must be up on the bridge."

Looking to Evayn, Trill says, "When do we leave for Wezen? Do I have time to get some fresh food first?". Trill pauses waiting for his answer at the base of the steps up to the bridge.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

"Ah, Trill . . . uh, we have a bit of a problem." Kaff says as he pulls off his helmet. "I hate to be the one to say this to you but . . . the Captain, uh, you know, his majesty? I'm sorry man but he was killed earlier today." With that Kaff hangs his head. It was actually less pleasant than he thought it would have been and he had thought it would be really unpleasant.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

Trill just stands there looking at Kaff. After several moments his lip starts to tremble and a strange musty smell fills the common area. His shoulders slump a bit and he spills the tea.

Momentarily distracted, he automatically starts to clean up the tea. Once clean he looks back to Kaff and collapses to his knees and mumbles through a sob, "Jonas. Oh.. oh the king is dead."

His head hanging down and looking at the floor Trill sits and sobs for quite a while, occasionally muttering to himself, "dead"

24. - Top - End - #414
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn sits next to the tiny man for a while. "I'm so sorry Trill. There was nothing we could do." He pats his shoulder, knowing that there's little comfort that can be given.

After a while, he stands and moves closer to Kaff and Daine. "JZ showed me how to access all the information in his datapad. Unless anyone else has any other suggestions, I'm going to try to get a message to his contact on Wezen."

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Much cleaner and with hair still damp, Kera breezes out of the bathroom only about ten minutes are she walked in, now wearing her flight suit. Seeing Trill, it's obvious the guys have broken the news to him. Poor little guy. She crouches down beside him and offers him a hug, but will immediately let go if he pulls away. "He was a good guy. Do you have some family or something? We could take you to them if you wanted."

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

Trill accepts Evayn's and Kera's sympathy and when questioned about his family, the crew detects the faint smell of cinnamon as Trill answers, "dead... dead.. no, no one except his majesty... dead... I... I need to cook.. something... something for him. yes. His favorite. Trill will make his favorite."

Trill takes an unsteady step towards the galley and his left knee buckles and he is forced to grab Kera's shoulder for support. "Sorry.. Some water and some cooking and I'll be okay." After a moment, he balances fine again and makes it to the galley and begins cooking.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Watching Trill go, Kera nods to herself. Some people cry when they're upset. Some people cook. I remember Dad going to sit in the gun turret and shoot at asteroids when he was upset. And Milty used to whack things with his wrenches. "Did I hear something about moving the ship to be on the safe side?" She doesn't actually wait for an answer and heads up to the bridge to get the ship up and moved to a landing pad on the other side of the city.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn was about to respond when Kera left for the cockpit. He raises a hand for a moment, then drops it again as she leaves. "OK, I'm going to go try to get a message to this guy." Looking at the datapad, he searches through the entries for "Little Johnnie" or "John" or something of the sort and heads for the com station.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

"Uh Evayn," Kaff speaks quietly to the XO, or is he the Captain now? Kaff doesn't really know. "You may not want to do that. It seems to me that Little Johnny set up the Captain. I think that's why the Rodian brothers there shot him. Either way, I don't think the Captain entirely trusted him and after current events I'm not exactly inspired toward trust myself."

30. - Top - End - #420

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine makes his way into the interior of the ship, frowning slightly. He watches Trill pass by and Kera make her way to the bridge. He shakes his head slightly, sighing and makes his way back to the engineering alcove and looks over everything to make sure the ship is ready to fly as Kera warms her up.