New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

The old Gungan shutters and shakes the flab and loose skin around his mouth before half laughing half saying, "Hahaha, meesa be thinking yousa not understanding what I said. If I wuz yousa, I'd be wanting 50 credits for a bom-bad trip like this."

He holds up his credit stick and shows Evayn a number, 3693, then he continues jabbering, "Meesa can not be paying 41 per ton and 500 credits. Jeezer, meesa loosing money if yousa gettin any more than 35 credits. The first transport wa-sin contract for 25 credits. Meesa going to be lucky to get trading again after losing all those droids and all that money."

The Gungan looks around at the crew and smiles slighty when looking at Kaff and then says, "Meesa not seeing yousa as bom-bad mercenaries, but seesya as goodin friendly humans. Meesa hopes yousa can help me. If yousa be letting me go on this one, meesa be calling yousa first on next couple of deals. Howsa that sounding? What do you say to 35 credits?"

Spoiler
    Show

Gungan Counter Diplomacy (1d20+7) = 26
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-05-04 at 08:23 PM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

2. - Top - End - #452
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn continues haggling and hides as best he can that he's upset, having made a mistake in underestimating the old trader. "Alright, I can see you're in a spot then. We'll drop back to your original offer of 38, but we can't go any lower than that. We've got some other jobs we can pull, but we'd like to help you out. As you said, we should be asking for even more with a blockade run, but you'll be in dire straights if this doesn't work out right so I won't try to push it up from the original offer." Internally he fumes; that shouldn't have happened, and combined with everything else he's beginning to get overwhelmed. "38, OK?"

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

The old Gungan obviously had his hopes up and then he hears Evayns proposal and his shoulder slump and says with a sigh, "Deal." He taps a button on his datapad and motions into the cargo bay. The four cargo containers begin a slow march up the ramp and into the cargo bay.

The Gungan begins to mutter to himself, "Whatsa me gonna do? The godsa, they be hating me. Meesa only gonna have a couple credits and meesa going to own them a whole mess of droids. Theysa gonna blast me for sure."

Kaff and Daine stand at the cargo bay door watching the load process, but their help isn't required. The Gungan may not have been able to pay much, but at least he bought containers with self loaders. As the last container marches up the ramp the Gungan limps over to them and says, "Watcha yousa toesa. Do yousa have securing clamps to eh keepsa the boxes from sliding around?" With that he does a strange little wiggle dance to demonstrate.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Turning away to hide the fact that she is rolling her eyes at the Gungan, Kera starts back into the ship. "I'm going to get started on the astrogation." She pauses and sighs. The bonus is worth more than my pride for the moment. We need parts and parts cost money. "Anyone who wants to stop up and check my math, well, I guess I'd like that bonus, so I'll take the help."

5. - Top - End - #455
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn watches the loading, relieved that he at least didn't come out any worse for the deal. He retrieves JZ's cred stick from Daine, then heads inside to take a look at the hyperspace calculations. "Just do your best, Kera," he says. "From what I've seen you do, this should be a walk in the park for you anyway."

DC 10 Roll to Assist:
    Astrogate - (1d20+3)[11]

After attempting to help out, he returns to the outside of the ship and approaches the Gungan. "I don't suppose we can work out payment up front, with the bonus upon delivery?" he says, flashing a trustworthy smile.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

The Gungan looks surprised at the request and says, "Whatsa going to do with it meesa wonders. Weesa leaving now, yes? Yousa afraid I'm going to jump out the window halfway there?"

The Gungan checks on the progress securing the containers and says, "Onesa weesa in the air, you can have your credits... whatsa yousa think of that?"

As the cargo bay doors close, the rain starts. Drip. Drop. Drip. Voosh and it all comes down. Suddenly everything outside is soaked and the sky flashes white as a bolt of lightning arcs from cloud to cloud.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-05-05 at 04:57 PM.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Yeah, I'm sure I can do it, I just like to be on the safe side when money's at stake. Don't like to welch on a bet if I can help it." She sits down in the cockpit and starts plugging away at the route.

{
    Astrogate: 27 + 2 for Evayn, +? for Daine and Kaff?
    (even though I rolled high, extra still helps)
    }

8. - Top - End - #458
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Seeing that his help wouldn't be required loading the cargo and the fact that he found the Gungan accent particularly annoying, Kaff decided to head up to the bridge to help Kera. Granted, he often found Kera to be a little annoying but mostly in a good way.

Kaff had actually taken some astrogation classes during his studies, his mother had insisted on it. While he didn't know enough to pilot the ship, he could probably spot any glaring errors in the course.

(Astrogation assist (1d20+3)[4])

"Are we going too close to this red giant?" He suggested, looking at the course on the screen. He'd only been on the bridge once before, usually it was crowded with JZ's bulk . . . Kaff quickly squashed his train of thought.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Orc in the Playground

OOC: a nat 1 on the astrogation roll - now you know why Kaff doesn't come up to the bridge very often!!

10. - Top - End - #460
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn blinks once behind his shades, his face blank. He quickly recovers. "We... yes, of course. Sorry." He thumps himself on the forehead with the heel of his palm, continuing "Sure, once we're onboard. No hurry, don't know what I was thinking." He pats the Gungan once on the shoulder, then turns and walks back up the ramp. We're going to listen to his accent the whole way there. Twenty-four point two hours... He returns to the bridge. "So, how fast you think this trip will be? Just so I can tell our guest..."

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera looks where Kaff is pointing. Then she blinks. The she looks up at Kaff, one eyebrow quirked and stifling a grin. "Uh, Kaff? That's a nebula. And that little line there is a boundary marker. This line over here, this is the course I'm charting." She returns to the numbers, letting a little more of the grin come through. When Evayn comes up, she has dropped all pretense and has a full-fledged grin on her face. "We should be able to scoot through in just under the requested 24 point two hours. Assuming we get the heck outta here pronto."

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Once the 4 containers are secured and the cargo bay doors are closed, the Gungan turns to Evayn and says, "Well, Captain, meesa ready to go. Heersa the credits. Yousa going to just lock me in this here cargo room? Dosa I be getting to come aboard?" Gungan transfers 3192 credits, combined with the credits from the ore delivery, minus the docking fees is 4478.

Kera has precomputed an astrogate course based on being in space(350km altitude) in a couple minutes. If the ship doesn't launch soon, the course will be worthless and will need to be recomputed.

Trill comes up to the bridge just after the astrogation course is complete and asks, "Excuse me m'lady, m'lords, where will our guest be staying? Should I clean up JZ's cabin a bit or shall we put the smelly Gungan in with Mr. Vicks? Also.. for dinner, shall I try to prepare some traditional Gungan dishes? None of them really sound good to me, but it might be rude to not even try."

13. - Top - End - #463
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Coloring with embarrassment, Kaff left the bridge as hurriedly as his bruised dignity could allow. 'How am I supposed to know that the display uses green for nebula and not stellar shadows?!' Kaff thought as he left.

In the common area downstairs he nearly runs into poor Trill who asks about the Gungan's accommodations.

"I say we move Evayn into the Captain's quarters and then put the Gungan into his. I'll help you move stuff once we're in hyperspace Trill. Meanwhile, I want to give our guest the once over."

Heading down to the cargo bay, Kaff finds that the Gungan has just come aboard and the hatches have been closed. "So, you have any weapons I should know about?"

OOC: Roll a spot or search check for me as Kaff will look at the Gungan to try to determine if he's carrying anything that might be a threat.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff gets a chance to take a look at the Gungan as he double checks the securing clamps. He obviously has a datapad and seems to have a small toolkit of some sort as well as a commlink. Not seeing obvious weapons, Kaff approaches and asks.

The Gungan stands up and looks down on the human in his armor and says, "Well, meesa not really be knowing. Meesa certainly having a weapon or two, but meesa not really thinking yousa needing to know about them. Meesa just having a smallish stun pistol and what yousa probably be calling a slugeater."

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Strapping herself in, Kera powers up the ship. She hits the ship's comm, saying, "Gentlemen, this is the pilot speaking. We will be taking off shortly. We may experience some early in-flight turbulence, so I recommend finding a seat and using a seatbelt." Killing the comm, she glances at Evayn while flipping switches and pushing buttons. "You going to man the shields here, or should I harass Daine to do it?"

16. - Top - End - #466
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn was about to leave the cockpit when Kera spoke. "I can do it, but I'm sure Diane will do better. Go ahead and comm him for it, but if he's busy I'll run 'em."

17. - Top - End - #467
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine takes Kera's cue and leaves the cargo bay as quickly as he can once he sees that the containers are loading themselves. He makes his way up to the engineering alcove and checks things over once more, then starts out as Trill's asking about accommodations. He points towards Kaff as he answers, grinning towards Trill about his comments about the Gungan. He grabs the hand rail up to the bridge and makes his way up.

"No need to comm me," he says, the grin still in place. "So, we getting danger pay for the passenger?" he says as he drops down into the chair beside Kera, looking over the course she plotted. He just raises his eyebrows and quickly looks back to the console, knowing he couldn't have done nearly as well. "I'll probably spend most of the trip working on the droid, would be nice to have it up and running fully."
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

After mentally tackling the challenge of translating all the 'meesas' and 'yousas', not to mention working out what a 'slugeater' was supposed to be, Kaff replied. "Okay, well after lift we'll move . . ."

Kera's voice interrupted what he was saying. When she was finished Kaff said to the Gungan, "right, get strapped in in the common room just up these stairs. Definitely strap in."

Kaff didn't wait for a reply, he raced down to the cargo bay and opened the hatch to the port side gunpod. There he took his own advice and securely strapped himself into the gunnery couch. If Kera said it was going to be rough it was probably likely to shake the ship apart.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

As Kaff runs off the Gungan hollers after him, "Okee day, meesa grateful for the help." The old Gungan squats back down with a groan and double checks the last of the clamps before starting to find the common room.

Looking around the cargo bay and not seeing any stairs and only one door, the Gungan tries that direction.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Without further ado, Kera gets the ship moving. "Daine, despite the fact that I think we should have someone on shields, it occurs to me that rerouting some power to propulsion might be helpful, too. It's going to take us maybe 10 minutes, give or take, to get to where we can make this jump from. At top speed. That's a heckuva lot of time for them to scan us." As soon as the ship clears the landing bay, Kera pushes it to full speed and puts the ship on a straight line course for the jump point.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Just after Kera pushes the ship to full speed and begins they ascent to orbit they bridge crew hears, "Okey my Ahh", followed by a thump, a groan and the sound of various metal objects skittering across the decking on the middle deck.

Within 20 seconds the ship is several km into the atmosphere and a light on the sensor console starts blinking.

22. - Top - End - #472

AssassinGuy

Daine

"Got it," he says as he unstraps himself and starts his way back down to the engineering alcove. He frowns slightly as hears the Gungan speak and the sound. He heads down the stairs, hand on his stun rod, just in case.

He glances around as he descends, trying to figure out what the noise was as he starts to head to the alcove, should the situation not need more immediate attention.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

As Daine takes the stairs down from the bridge it is pretty obvious what the noise was. The old Gungan and sprawled out on the floor at the base of the steps. He is face up, his eyes are closed and it looks like his knee is bent the wrong way. Scattered around him are various miniature high complexity tools.

Every time the ship hits a new atmospheric layer the small tools slide back and forth on the decking. Whenever one slides into his head, the Gungan winces slightly.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn moves to a control panel, saying "I'll work shields then." The sensor light winks on. "That, too" he says, hopping up and taking a look at the panel. "Gee, I wonder if we're getting scanned..." While looking at the panel, he opens a comm to the rest of the ship. "Everything OK back there?"

25. - Top - End - #475

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine sighs, rolling his eyes. "We have a small problem down here, seems our passenger tool a spill," he calls up to the bridge. He frowns and moves to the Gungan's side. "Hey Trill," he calls out as he leans down and attempts to make sure of the Gungan's condition, wincing painfully at the man's knee. "Lets get him belted in somewhere. That legs gonna be a pain..."

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

Daine and Trill

At Daine request, Trill runs over and seeing the old Gungan, Trill says with a smile at Daine, "Uh oh, meesa thinks he fell down."

Trill starts dragging the Gungan back towards the common area seating while saying, "I'll take care of him sir. Don't worry."

Kera and Evayn

This ship continues to rise smoothly through the atmosphere. The blinking light on the sensor panel indicates that someone in this sector is running a wide area scan and may have detected The Angry Mule

Kaff

Kaff straps in an powers up the weapon systems. Not much to target yet, the ship isn't more than a couple kilometers up yet, although those airspeeders make a tempting target.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Daine, anytime you want to give me more power, that's okay with me!" Aside from the call over her shoulder, Kera keeps her attention fixed on the screen. We will get to the jump point. We will get to the jump point. We will get to the jump point...

28. - Top - End - #478
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Keying the com on the gunnery headset Kaff says to the bridge, "Okay, I've got our back covered. Just let me know if anythings going to start shooting at us."

29. - Top - End - #479

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine grins at Trill and says, "Thanks," as he quickly moves back to the engineering alcove and console. He braces his back against the wall and shoves his foot against the opposite wall to brace himself in again as he call up the controls. He frowns a moment and reaches out, poking the all-ship comm. "We really wanting to be shooting at anything out there right now?" he asks. "Pissing off a cruiser doesn't seem to be in our best interests." He says as he glances at the power levels. He brings the starboard gun down and reroutes its power to propulsion. "Might give us a little better boost if we shut them both down."

((
    Disabling Gun (repair): 1D20+15 = [18]+15 = 33
    Routing to Propulsion: 1D20+15 = [10]+15 = 25
    ))

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

Handing the Gungan off to Trill, Daine makes his way to the back of the ship. As he passes the partially functional droid it reaches out with one of its tool mounts, jabbing Daine in the side, and verbalizes, "Fix me."

Daine temporarily ignores the droid and disables a single gun. Checking the power levels and not seeing enough to make a difference, Daine disables second gun. With the ship's weapon disabled he has enough power to make a significant difference and begins re-routing the power to the engines.

Kaff spins around in the weapons pod keeping an eye out on passing ships and suddenly the power goes down. The pod motors won't budge and the tactical displays turn off.

Moments later Daine finishes re-routing the extra power to the Ion Drives and the ship lurches forward towards outer space.

Back on the bridge, Evayn continues to detect the fairly passive wide area scans until about a minute after Daine re-routed power. At that point, Evayn detects a slightly higher power sector scan in the area. The Angry Mule is still only 107 km off the ground, with the jump point still 243 km above.