New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

Daine

Daine winces as the sound changes, then grabs his head as the sound invades his head.

((
    Fort: 1D20+0 = [10]+0 = 10
    Will:1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5
    Stunned for: 1D4 = 2 rounds.
    ))
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nate

Nate seems to return to normal... or as normal as a nearly busted droid can be. He shakes off the effects of the engine and try running a self diagnostics program... nothing happens curse these un attached metal limbs of mine! He thinks as he trys to gather whats going on from his surroundings. He sees Evayn, Trill, and the gungan covering there ears and wincing in pain and suddenly he feel happy hes a droid. Obviously these humans do not speak Basic for i cannot seem to comunicat with them. i hope the maker know what he has gotten me into.Nate thinks as he trys to devise a plan of action that is Imeditaly thrathed against the wall.

"Things are looking bleak. He says to himself.
    Now playing:

Dogs of war Father Connor"Preach" Masmanus

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera continues her route towards the jump point while the engines continue to make their ear crunching sounds for longer than usual. After twenty some seconds the sound lessens and changes to more of a radio static sort of sound. At the same time it feels like every hair on everyone stood up.

Spoiler
    Show

Extreme ionization - Nate must make a Fortitude Save DC 10 or take 1d4 WP as the ionization fries some of you circuits.

The ship suddenly slows down throwing Daine to the floor of the engineering alcove just as he was recovering from the mind numbing affects of the current/previous engine settings.

Spoiler
    Show

Daine VP damage = 2
    Daine didn't change any engine settings, something in the engine changed.

Kaff has a wonderful view of the Imperial Light Cruiser as it approaches and then swings alongside. After shadowing the ship for 10 seconds or so, it falls back slightly and Kaff can see the two turrets light up and spin around to point at The Angry Mule.

Spoiler
    Show

Weapons disabled, shields down, speed < 7, Sensors down
    323km out of 350km
    Kaff can see the ILC is less than 2 km away.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-05-19 at 04:11 PM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Hearing a few words over the comm here and there, Kera begins to frown. Then the ship slows. She slams a fist into the comm. "Daine! What the *&%^ are you doing? The ship is slowing down! We were supposed to be going faster, not slower. The damn cruiser, or whatever it is, wants to board us. Do something positive."

5. - Top - End - #515
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Seeing the cruiser close with them, Kaff shouts into the mic of his headset. "Daine, now would be a good time to power up the weapons!" He struggles in vane to manually push the gun yoke to bear on the cruiser, to show at least some cursory defense. Kaff didn't know a lot about starships but did know that in combat situations, when someone pointed a gun at you, it was almost always a good idea to point a gun back. To not do so was to indicate that you were helpless and that they could do as they liked to you.

This was just such a situation.

"Come on Daine! I really need this gun!!"

6. - Top - End - #516
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn keeps his ears covered for a moment, then as the vibrations running through the ship change but the high-pitched whine in his ears does not, he realizes something is wrong. The ship lurches a bit from the speed change, and he looks around uncertainly. Kera seems to be saying something, but he can't make it out; it's now perfectly obvious that something, or several somethings, are wrong. He turns to the sensor panel and attempts to glean some useful information from it.

ComputerUse - (1d20+7)[23]

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

As Evayn turns his attention to the sensor panel he discovers the main display is dead. Having gone out 30 seconds prior. Two small lines of smoke rise from the seams between the panels of the sensor console. Several of the indicator lights are functional and show the that a wide area passive scan is running and that the power to the sensor array is on.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nate

The scattered parts spark as Nate slides against the wall from the speed change. he lets out a yelp of worry.

Fort save 1d20-2 = [1]-2 = -1
    WP lost 1d4 = 3

(Botched roll thats gotta suck)
    Last edited by Third_Voice; 2007-05-20 at 03:34 PM.
    Now playing:

9. - Top - End - #519

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine does his best to get back up to the console, cussing loudly. "Keep your blasted pants on," he yells and he works on the console.

((
    I'm not entirely sure what rolls would be needed. He needs to turn the interference off beings all it is doing is screwing things up, even when its successful rolls. He wants to turn it off, and try to get the engine working again.

Computer Use: 1D20+10 = [4]+10 = 14

Repair: 1D20+15 = [17]+15 = 32
    ))
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-05-21 at 01:48 AM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

Daine realigns the power to the one remaining Ion Engine and the horrible noises stop and are replaced with the simple, nominal, humming of a functioning and totally aligned engine.

The ship's speed increases slightly but it still limps along at about 2700 kph. The ride smooths out and Kera can immediately tell the difference, although the ship drags to one side in the thin wispy remains of the upper atmosphere.

The communications equipment and everything else on the bridge(except the sensor console) begins functioning nominally.

"...peat. Message understood. Stop your engines. We will evacuate your crew and bring them aboard our vessel while we tow you to the orbiting repair docks."

Spoiler
    Show

Speed : 4.5 squares per turn(9 per round)
    Shields : down
    Weapons : Disabled
    Piloting : -2 to all pilot checks
    Sensor Console : Disabled

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Okay, so they want to board the ship to help us out. Great plan. Fantastic. Kera grips the controls a little harder as the ship tries to pull to the left. "Come on, Mule, hold together. Just because your name has the word 'angry' in it doesn't mean you should fly angry." She glances at the switch she would need to flip to respond to that message. "So," she draws the word out as she turns to look at Evayn for a few moments, "we're pretending we can't hear them, right? Or should I start broadcasting something?"

12. - Top - End - #522
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

"Come on you useless hunk of junk!" Kaff gasps as he manually tries to push the gun yoke into position. "Come on!" Fear is starting to settle in on him. He hasn't heard anything over the com since the engine noises turned to vibrations about a minute ago.

'Is everyone dead?'

His heart pounds in his chest and he imagines he can hear it reverberating around the weapon pod. 'I couldn't have failed them all?' But the images of Vicks as he lay him down only to find him dead and the Captain shot by four blasters at close range showed in his own mind how monumentally Kaff could fail.

"Move, you *&^^ smelling piece of $##@!" Still the turret remained inert.

Looking through the transparent plating of the weapons pod, Kaff feels that he could shoot the cruiser with his rifle it's so close. 'A lot of good that would do?' He thinks before trying to push the gun yoke again.

13. - Top - End - #523

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine growls at the console. "That's right, now kick it back together on the other one..." he says as he spins around, yanking a cover from the starboard side of the hallway and reaches inside and begins working. "Come on you bantha, get back on your feet...." he says.

((
    Repair to get Engine back online: 1D20+15 = [13]+15 = 28
    ))

14. - Top - End - #524
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nate

"As soon as we find a common language that we can comunicate with I'll have to give you a pointer or 2 on Repairs... Why am i even talking to this one he cant understand me" Nate says to Daine, he trys running diagnostics once again knowing at heart it would not work.
    Now playing:

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera turns to Evayn for guidance but her calls for help fall on deaf ears. Evayn for his part continues with the plan and continues to broadcast his call for help, having not heard the incoming message.

Daine manages to jury-rig the ion engine using a spare patch cable to re-route power around the damage power coupling and gets the second ion engine online. The ship lurches forward and back to full speed. At this power level, that cable will burn out within an hour, but, by then the ship will safely be in hyperspace.

Kaff is standing attempting to torque the gun emplacement around to at least point at the cruiser when the ship's speed suddenly doubles. Unprepared for this tactic, Kaff is throw back and falls hitting his head on a cargo container full of droids.

Once the ship is back at full speed, it is a scant 15-20 seconds from the jump point and safety.

Spoiler
    Show

332km out of 350km
    Shields : down
    Engine : juryrigged at speed(7/6)

The comm system flairs to life with this message, "Arr. You are ordered to stand down. Stop your ship or be destroyed." Out the front window you manage to witness the classic warning shot across your bow as a pair of red laser cannon bolts flies by.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

As the ship suddenly bursts forward, Kaff is suddenly thrown into a container of droids. "Owww!" He howls but then suddenly smiles, "well at least Kera's still at the controls."

He then sees the cruiser suddenly start shooting at the Angry Mule. Warning shots, exactly the reason he wanted to be able to shoot back! No one ever worried about shooting at a defenseless target but one that could fight back? It made people cautious.

Still, Kaff realized that Daine was probably not going to get the guns up on time so quickly braced for impact guessing that the cruiser would be firing for effect next.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera blinks twice at Evayn. "Evayn?" Getting no response, she waves to get his attention, then draws her finger across her neck, attempting to convey that he should quit it with the blown ruse. She then reaches over and hits the button to power up the shields herself. After that she reaches over and smacks the ship's comm. "Okay, they're shooting at us. We may be performing evasive maneuvers. Time to hold on."
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-05-21 at 06:03 PM.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nate

Over the com unit Nate heres "Wah wahhh waaahh wahhh whahhh wahhh ah wah wha wah." Nate considers this for a moment. Has the world gone insane? Can no one on this ship communicate with me? You squishy short Human. (hes talking to Trill) I demand you repair me. sooner would be better than later. Or atleast move me to a place that i may not sustain more harm.Nate also says the phrase in binary just incase he may understand.
    Now playing:

19. - Top - End - #529

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine curses loudly as Kera relays about the cruiser shooting. He shoves his back against the wall and rubber soled boot against the other, shoving as hard as he can to keep himself in place. "Everyone hold your breath!" he shouts as he attempts to reroute power from the life support systems to the shields.

((
    Strength Check: 1D20 = [10] = 10
    Repair (Cut power from life support): 1D20+15 = [16]+15 = 31
    Repair (Power to Shields): 1D20+15 = [17]+15 = 32
    ))
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-05-22 at 12:19 PM.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera turns her full attention keeping the ship in one piece and has a 75% success rate after the first 5 seconds. The cruiser's laser cannons opened up on The Angry Mule after it started dodging and weaving.

Daine cut internal power and life support so he could re-route it to the shields next round. Just as the lights go out and the low hum of the air circulators cut out the ship was wracked with the angry whine of laser cannon blasts breaking through the shields and striking the hull.

At about the same time as the lights went out there was a startled Gungan-esque yipe from the common area. Kaff too was left in the dark in the cargo area with only the light from passing laser blasts to see by. He could see that the cruiser pulled off to one side to so that The Angry Mule could only fire back with a single weapon.

With the 'mood' lighting on the bridge it easy to see the big flashing read light, even if you can't hear the warning buzzer, which indicates the shields have collapsed and need operator attention.

Spoiler
    Show

Open ended Computer Use check to bring the shields back up, the higher you get the more you get.
    Speed 7, with 2 rounds till you can jump.
    Weapons and Lifesupport : offline
    Sensors Console : broken
    ILC : 1 hit for 62 damage. 2 miss because of defensive flying. 1 miss because of bad shooting.
    Daine can/will re-route power to the shields next round increasing the max from 40 to 50.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-05-22 at 04:47 PM.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Full attention on flying, Kera hears the warning buzzer, sees the flashing red light, and all but ignores both. She grins like a maniac as she sends the ship, dodging and weaving, on its way to the jump point. "Evayn," she says calmly, but with a little bit of a manic tinge to the word, "fix the *&%^ing shields."

22. - Top - End - #532
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn stops broadcasting, partially because of Kera's intervention and partially because of a blast flashing by the cockpit from the closing cruiser. Still disoriented by his lack of hearing, he fears the worst when the lights go out, and then even more so from the ship's shudder as it's hit. The flashing warning light snaps him to his senses. Unaware of Kera's request, he nevertheless sets to work on the shields.

ComputerUse - (1d20+7)[25]

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera whips out some more of that pilot stuff and starts zigging and rolling and all kinds of tricky stuff. It seems that she should have zagged because 4 more blasts from the Imperial Light Cruiser's laser cannon impact the ship. The first two take down the fragile, but recently reinforced shields(thanks to Evayn and Daine). The next one impacts, mostly, harmlessly on the armor plating. The final one however does cause significant damage.

The damage causes several pressure values to release steam and other super heated gasses into the ship. These released values result in the howling scream of releasing gas. The blasts also causes the hull to collapse/breach in Vicks' quarters which depressurizes it with a crunching sound followed by a pop.

As the Imperial Light Cruiser swings around to line up another deadly shot, Kera hits the little blue button and engages the hyperdrive bringing the ship to lightspeed(or so). With a *woosh*, the stars, planets and nearby ships, disappear.

Spoiler
    Show

The plotted course should take about 22 hours.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-05-23 at 06:03 PM.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

*&%^. *&%^ing *&%^. The gleam in Kera's eyes as she does what she can to dodge the cruiser's blasts is a little dimmed by the successive hits. Then an ugly red light starts flashing, indicating a hull breach. Ignoring it, she watches for the second that the jump point is reached, then smacks the button in that moment. The familiar and altogether welcome sensation of jumping into hyperspace causes her to slump in her seat, relieved. She spends about 1 and half seconds relaxed that way, then unstraps herself quickly and jumps out of her seat.

She practically jumps down the stairs, grinning. "Daine?" she calls back towards the Engineering alcove. "Whatever you're doing," she grins, "it can wait."

25. - Top - End - #535
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Kaff was certain that his knowledge that Kera was still piloting saved his life. No sooner had he taken a deathgrip on the surrounding structure that the ship began to maneuver as if it had hinges. The whining he heard were the inertial compensator's desperately trying (and failing) to keep up.

Sill, Kaff was fine as he sat in the inert gunnery chair. Granted, he didn't feel fine, watching the whirling star scape lit by flashes of laser fire being shot at the Angry Mule.

Finally, after a short eternity of enduring this kind of hell and wondering when he would finally be allowed to die, Kaff saw the stars blur and become streaks as the ship entered hyperspace. For a few moments Kaff just sat there. Then, after prying his fingers from there secure placement he got up to see how the others were.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera lunges into the darkness away from minor glow of the bridge console lights and hurls herself at the ladder. At the top of the ladder there is really minimal light, but at the base, total darkness. That is, of course, because someone cut the power to life support.

As Kera reaches the bottom of the stairs and calls out to Daine, she stumbles and falls flat on her back. Feeling around she finds a small hydrospanner and the remaining components of the Gungan's tool kit which are scattered on the deck at the base of the ladder.

Spoiler
    Show

Kera Balance DC 10 (1d20+3=4)

Lights : Off/Disabled
    Life Support : Off/Disabled
    Weapons : Off/Disabled
    Sensor Console : Disabled
    Hull : 80/120
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-05-24 at 06:02 AM.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nate

Darkness surounding him Nate starts contumplating his existance. How does one go from being an astromech droid in the service to being a scatered broken form of ones former self lieing on the floor of a unknown ship with lifeforms you cant comunicate with. Nate lets out a sorrowfull binary sigh. It could be worse i could be scrap right now. The droid finds comfort in this and deside to keep pushing on. Hey. Hey! whats a droid gotta do to get fixed around here?"
    Now playing:

28. - Top - End - #538

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine grits his teeth as he hears the impacts on the ship, and sighs as the ship slips into hyperspace, slumping slightly against the corridor's wall. He sighs and leans forward drawing power away from the shields and back to life support, then makes his way out of the engineering alcove. "I'm all yours," he says, stretching as the tenseness of his muscles lets loose. "And you... can wait." he says, making a slightly obscene guesture towards the droid. "Repair yourself if you're so great at it."

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Ulgrk," Kera lets out a squawk as she hits the floor. "Dammit." She lies there until the lights come back on, then rolls to her feet and surveys the room briefly, her expression painted with annoyance. As soon as Daine comes into view, the grin returns and she grabs the front of his shirt. Pulling him into his own room, she says offhandedly, "there's a hull breach." Then she shuts the door behind him. A thump against the door can be heard shortly thereafter.
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-05-24 at 10:13 AM.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

As Kaff looks into the darkness of the hold, he shouts out. "Don't think the darkness will hide you from me Daine! It's not that big a ship!"

Soon after the lights come back on and Kaff moves up to the common area to see what needs doing. He's not happy but he holds it in, a time will come to sort these things out.