New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

Nate

Nate continues moving behnd Evayn. Staying as close as possable.
    Now playing:

Dogs of war Father Connor"Preach" Masmanus

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff swoops back into the cargo bay and takes cover behind a low crate. Kera takes a couple steps kneels behind a low crate and fires another shot at droid. This time the droid is clipped in the shoulder twisting it around slightly.

Daine continues around flanking around to the right hand side of the droid taking cover behind one of the larger crates. Daine clears the hole which is the cargo freight elevator and takes cover. The elevator continues its slow rise from the lower level.

The droid rights itself and fires a trio of shots towards Kera. One shot goes wide, the second whistles by above her head. The third shot clips the top of the crate ricochets off towards the ceiling.

Evayn and Nate move up rounding the corner. Everytime Evayn almost gets a glimpse of the source of the sound, he finds his view obstructed by another box.

The officer and crewman remain out of sight and out of mind.

Spoiler
    Show

Kera : 1/11 VP
    Droid : 6/10 WP
    Storm1 : -3/12 WP
    Storm2 : -6/12 WP
    Others : Full

Updated Map
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Adopting a wicked grin, Kera takes aim and fires at the droid again. Why the grin? She has a clear line of sight directly to the door. Nobody is going through that door without her seeing it. And if she can see them, she can shoot them. Of course, it occurs to her that letting the Impie engineer handle the problem in there would give them an opportunity to cause some trouble in the Impie ship, but the droid has to die first.

{
    to hit, damage: 6, 19
    }

4. - Top - End - #724
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Getting up, he continues to follow after where Evayn went, looking around with no little paranoia. He'd always been told that Stormtroopers were neigh undefeatable, and he'd just shot two!

OOC:
    Move action - Get up
    Move action - move 5N

5. - Top - End - #725
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn adopts a route that should keep him safe from harm while trying to spot the source of the sound.

Spoiler
    Show
    W, S, 8W on a double move. If it helps, he'll stop midway instead and make a Spot check as a move action.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine makes his way to the edge of the crate he's near ((3 or 4 to the left of his current position depend on if he could do the following from around the corner or not)) and peeks around the edge of the crate. He almost yanks his head back as he peers to the droid and beyond, but then breaks into a grin. He rears the hand holding his stun rod back and wings it southward in a wide arch over the top of the droid.

Spoiler
    Show
    His goal is to make it smack the ground by or even one of the two figures to the south of the droid, drawing its attention to them, hense the stun rod, hoping it'll do enough to zap the floor or even one of the people.

Ranged attack roll: 1d20+3 = 17
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-07-14 at 10:42 AM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

After taking cover for a moment, Kaff gets back up and rushes forward following the path taken by Evayn, Nate, Kera, and Daine before him.

The Imperial officer suddenly appears near the exit door and fires a pair of shots at the droid. One shot clips the droids makeshift armor plates and bounces off hitting the crate Daine is hiding behind.

Kera apparently distracted by the Imperial officer, also fires her shot at the crate Daine was hiding behind too. Daine, after peeking around the corner, chucks his stun rod towards the Imperial officer. His throw goes long and to the right, bouncing off the wall next to the officer before rolling to a stop 4 meters behind him(M).

The droid, apparently used to dealing with multiple tasks rotates around, spinning in place and then starts firing. The first shot impacts the crate that Kera is kneeling behind. The officer turns to duck just as the second shot glances him, ripping his uniform slightly. The droid's third shot impacts near where Daine was hiding behind the crate.

The imperial crewman/technician lies flat on the ground with his arms covering his head while holding a small blaster.

Evayn and Nate proceed forward. When Evayn reaches a good spot to investigate the strange sound, he stops looks and listens. The sound, whatever is was is gone. He does see another pair of stormtroopers move up and out of the Light Cruiser. Evayn and Nate rush to take cover as the troopers move up slightly and take a kneel behind a low crate.

Updated Map

HP :
    Spoiler
    Show

Droid : 6/10 WP
    Storm1 : -3/12 WP
    Storm2 : -6/12 WP
    Officer1 : 14/25 VP
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

&*%^ this. Kera gets her commlink. Yes, the bad guys would be able to hear it when everyone's comms go on, but they need strategy, not random running and blasting. "Kaff," she speaks in what she hopes is a quiet enough voice to not be overheard by any of the Impies, but yet loud enough for her team to actually hear it. "I'll bet you 5 credits that cruiser has enough Impies on board to kill us all ten times over. Someone has to cover Daine while he deals with whatever it is in Engineering, and someone has to handle the Impie reinforcements. I'm over here, and you're over there. Guess who I nominate for each job?" She pauses and takes a shot at the Impie officer. "Evayn, maybe there's something that droid can do to help Kaff. Ask it and send it over. I dunno, maybe it can close a door or something."

{
    Shoot at the officer: to hit, damage: 20, 15
    }

9. - Top - End - #729
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Kaff swore as he listened to Kera on his com and started running across the hold.

"I'll bet you 5 credits that cruiser has enough Impies on board to kill us all ten times over. Someone has to cover Daine while he deals with whatever it is in Engineering, and someone has to handle the Impie reinforcements. I'm over here, and you're over there. Guess who I nominate for each job?"

"Surely not TEN times over?" Kaff replied with a rare, wry, smile under his helmet. "Alright, I'll try to hold them off."

OOC:
    Move 1
    5 west
    Move 2
    3 west, 1 north, 1 west

10. - Top - End - #730
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn retrieves the Gungan's datapad and types to Nate "There's a console nearby, why don't you go see what you can do with the ship to help us out; defense systems, cargo movers, fire-extinguisher foam-cannons, whatever." He indicates the nearest console to Nate, then speaks into his com as he moves toward Kera's position. "I'll do what I can to help you clear a path, then stick here with Kaff to try to hold 'em off."

Spoiler
    Show
    MA I assume to type to Nate, then another to go 5W toward Kera's position, keeping low.

11. - Top - End - #731

AssassinGuy

Daine

"What a lovely distraction," Daine remarks under his breath. He leans out slightly, using the crate as cover and takes a shot at the Officer.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack:1D20-1 = [4]-1 = 3
    Damage:3D6 = [2, 3, 4] = 9
    Hahahaha
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-07-16 at 09:56 AM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nate

Nate wistles a tone and heads off in the direction of the console obviously sick of waiting around.

((i dont know where im headed so go ahead and move me LE))

when he reaches the droid input terminal Nate jacks in and trys accessing the systems of the ship. trying to find out what he has control over

Computer use to access systems: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18
    Now playing:

13. - Top - End - #733
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff moves into position to hold off any additional imperial forces/stormtroopers.

The imperial officer takes a step forward aiming his weapon at the droid. Instead of firing, he waves the blaster at the droid and then holds it up to his ear, shakes the weapon, and seems to say something as he tosses his weapon to the ground(B).

Kera takes aim from behind the crate and fires another shot at the officer. This one just barely clips his shoulder cause him to wince in pain and grab the wound site, as well as send a frightening glare in her direction. Daine pops around the corner and fires a shot at the officer. The shot goes wide and hits the wall need the door instead.

The droid continues to spin and fire at what it seems to think are its foes. Again, a single shot towards Kera, Daine, and then the Imperial officer. The shots at Kera and Daine impact the crates they hide behind while the imperial officer takes a shot in the chest. He drops to his knees but remains conscious and mostly upright.

The crewman, while still laying on the ground, fires his blaster at the droid and nearly hits it.

Evayn dispatches some commands to Nate and then moves up behind Kera, clearing the last of the tall cover, he can now see the whirling dervish of a droid that Kera and Daine have been fighting.

The new pair of stormtrooper move several meters toward the spinning droid and each fires a single shot at the mechanical threat. The first shot impacts the crates in between them and the droid while the second strikes the droid. The droid sparks and a plume of smoke rises from it as it slumps forward and stops moving.

Nate moves towards the lift in the direction indicated by Evayn and soon finds the control panel adjacent to the lift itself. As he rolls up the lift finishes its ascent and is now level with the floor. Nate plugs himself into the network and is ready to begin executing his orders next round.

Updated Map

Spoiler
    Show

Droid : -3/10 WP "dead"
    Storm1 : -3/12 WP "dead"
    Storm2 : -6/12 WP "dead"
    Officer1 : 2/10 WP
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-07-17 at 08:00 PM.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera stays low and creeps around the corner of the crate she's hiding behind, waiting to see what the Imperials do. Should either the officer or the tech present himself as a target, she takes a shot.

{
    move up and left on the map, essentially crawling
    Ready action: shoot either of the Impies if they get up or try to go through the door.
    Just in case, to hit, damage: 10,12
    }
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-07-18 at 09:37 AM.

15. - Top - End - #735

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine pulls back behind the crate, looking at the blaster in his hand. Kaff is going to hate me I'm sure, he thinks to himself as his hand snakes down to his repair kit as he ejects its power pack. He works feverishly, attempting to rig the pack to put out as high an energy pulse as it can, hoping it'll interact with the field the way the sentry gun did.

((
    If this seems preposterous, let me know and I'll change his action. He's going off what he's seen about the other weapon systems in this 'field'. High energy draws cause bad, bad things to happen, so he's trying to use his engineering knowledge to intentionally cause that to happen.

Not sure what this all would go under so, a d20 roll: 20!
    Repair for Jerry-Rigging: +15
    Demolitions: +3
    Hopefully it does something. He's only shot once on this energy pack since they left the ship.
    ))

Satisfied, he whips it around the corner, sliding it across the ground at the imperials that had them pinned down, rolling back behind the crate and covering his ears.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-07-18 at 11:15 AM.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Moving up but keeping as much cover behind the crates (at least from the Stormtroopers), Kaff sees the pair. 'I don't have to hit them,' he thinks to himself, 'just keep them from moving forward.' He flicks his blast rifle to multifire and takes a quick shot at each.

OOC:
    Trying to keep 50% cover as mentioned in the rules - of course, if the officer et al move forward they can shoot at me easily

Multishot is -4, so Kaff will be shooting at only +1

Attack rolls
    (1d20)[14]+1
    (1d20)[10]+1

Damage (if he actually hits)
    (3d8)[11]
    (3d8)[13]

17. - Top - End - #737
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nate

Nate takes off in the direction of the console. Trying to stay behind cover if at all possable.

(Double mive to the Console)
    Now playing:

18. - Top - End - #738
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn moves up beside Kera, keeping behind cover with his blaster at the ready. Aiming toward the crates the Imperials are hiding behind, he shouts, "Come out slowly with your hands empty; you can't win this one and we'll only air you out if we have to." He prepares to fire if he sees any sudden hostile movement.

Diplomacy - (1d20+10)[24] to convince them surrender's a good option.

{Readying an attack in response to any other attack; Just in case rolls w/ PBS:}
    Atk - (1d20+4)[19]
    Dmg - (3d6+2)[13]

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff using the 2 meter tall crate to shield him from the stormtrooper moves towards the center of the room a bit. Then, leaning around the corner, fires two quick shots at the stormtrooper who have crouched behind a 1 meter tall crate. Both of his shots strike the crate they have taken cover behind.

The officer in a bit of insanity steps forward to the door to engineering. When the door doesn't open he draws a knife and starts working on popping open the control panel.

Kera seeing a clear target tries to shoot the officer in the back but doesn't succeed.

Daine, begins working to jury-rig an explosive charge when he hears a high pitched charge build up similar to what happened before the gun exploded. Peering around the corner he sees the officer working on the door, his gun on the ground nearby with a small line of smoke rising from it.

The crewman lies flat, face down on the ground and takes several deep breaths.

Evayn moves up next to Kera and shouts out some orders for the Imperials. The officer tenses up and then lowers his hands to his sides. He slowly turns around sheaths his knife. He makes a strange head/neck movement and then stands there with his hands at his side.

Unhappy with their cover and situation the pair of stormtroopers move up and take cover behind a larger crate firing a couple shots during the move. One shot hits the crate near Kaff but isn't overly close to hitting him at all.

Nate accesses the computer system and begins searching the system for controlable sytems. (info via PM)

Map

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Yeah, I'm not buying this. She keeps her gun pointed at the officer, ready to shoot him, or anyone else who might pop into view nearby. "Evayn," she mutters quietly, "now what?"

Catching Daine's comical pantomime in her peripheral vision, she smirks a little. Already down on one knee behind a crate, she's feeling like she has enough cover to give her time to duck if his suspicions come to fruition.

{
    ready action to shoot the officer or any bad guys within about 10 meters of him if they do anything hostile
    attack, damage if needed: 13, 18
    listen: 16
    }
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-07-24 at 07:08 PM.

21. - Top - End - #741

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine chuckles softly and leans back around the crate and retreats slightly (moving 4 squares to the right). He waves once to get Kera and Evayn's attention, then waves his hand downward as he crouches, leaning hard against the crate. He points to the clip in his hand, makes a fist, then bursts it open and jerks his thumb towards the officer.

Just to make sure his point is clear, whatever it may be, he points down once more, bracing himself against the crate.

((Listen: 11 ))
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-07-24 at 06:59 PM.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

'So, we're keeping each other busy.' Kaff thought as he decided to move. He whipped forward and then ducked down behind a crate, just leaving the top of his head above the level so that he can see.

OOC:
    Move action - move 1w, 1sw, 3s.
    Move action - drop to knees and take cover behind crate.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Eyes darting once toward the smoking gun nearby, Evayn continues to speak to the officer. He maintains his position behind the cover, smirks, and says "Smart man; now let's continue that trend and order your men to stand down." He steadies his pistol for emphasis and prepares to fire at any sign of hostile activity.

{Readied action to fire at hostile movement from any enemies in the area}

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff hustles forward, keeping low, finally taking cover behind a small crate.

The officer, hands clear of any weapons, turns his head to the right and says, "Ensign. Stand up."

Kera and Daine stay down behind as much cover as possible while still pointing their weapons at the officer. Evayn steadies himself and checks the overloading pistol. He is unable to see it directly, but can see the thin line of white smoke rising from the area of the noise. The noise is quite loud now and the pistol probably only has seconds left.

The disabled droid continues to smoke and every couple of seconds it makes a couple pops and some sparks fly out. Everytime the droid pops, the officer flinches slightly. Following orders the crewman stands up and steps up to stand beside the Officer. He seems to be aware of the high pitched noise but thinks its just him. He rubs his ear with his hand and digs deep into his ear with his finger to try and get the ringing to stop.

One of the stormtroopers shuffles towards Kera and Evayn, taking cover before firing his rifle at them. The shot misses and impact the large crate behind with a hiss and puff of smoke. The other stormtrooper moves in the other direction and fires a pair of supression shots at Kaff. The shots both impact the top of crate he is kneeling behind raise a cloud of smoke which burns his nose and stings his eyes.

Updated Map

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Rather suddenly feeling like where she is may well be a Bad Place to be, what with the apparently imminent explosion and stormtroopers shooting from behind, Kera moves. Quickly. For cover from both. She stops behind a very tall pile of crates, putting her back to it and hoping Evayn gets the hint and hustles his butt out of there.

{
    Move to end up in the square 7n, 1e of her current position. Brace for impact.
    }

26. - Top - End - #746

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine remains where he is, waiting for the fun events to unfold. He quickly slips the clip back into the blaster, content with the other blaster working its magic, but ready to move to cover if needed

((Readied action to move back around crate, or behind a closeby one if needed))

27. - Top - End - #747
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn flinches from the nearby blast, but stands his ground and his eyes grow hard. "Get on your knees and order them down!," he shouts, cocking his head toward the troopers, "NOW!"

Readied action:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If the officer doesn't drop and/or the next words out of the officer's mouth aren't orders to the troopers to drop, Evayn fires:

[roll0] (w/ PBS)
    [roll1] (w/ PBS)

28. - Top - End - #748
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Remaining kneeling and behind cover, Kaff shoots as best he can at one of the stormtroopers (the one further to the west on the map).

Attack
    (1d20)[5]+7

Damage
    (3d8)[10]

29. - Top - End - #749
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

OOC: Retrying my dice rolls, as for some reason the roller didn't go in that spoiler text:

Attack - (1d20+4)[9]
    Damage - (3d6+2)[14]

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff takes a shot at the western most stormtrooper. Obviously the smoke and distraction of being shot at himself was too much for him and the shot went wide. It impacted the large container southwest of the trooper.

At just about the same time as Kaff's shot hit the container a large explosion went off to the left of the door to engineering. Several of the nearby crates were push out away from the blast. The blast left a great cloud of white smoke and a whole in the decking. The outer hull is blackened and bent, but seems to have held up.

The blast launched the officer several meter through the air where his corpse collided with the cargo container Daine was hiding behind. The technician was also launched. He went flying past Daine and flopped to the ground at the edge of the cargo elevator. The busted droid is also knocked over and lands 4 meters away.

Spoiler
    Show

Kera and Evayn each take 1d4 VP (make reflex saves for half damage(round down), DC 14). The crate they were hiding behind was smacked by nearby crates. They must also make a Balance check, DC 12 or be knocked down and back a square.

Daine's container moves too, but not towards him. All the same he needs to make a Balance check, DC 10 or be knocked down.

After the blast, Kera decides she still wants to be out of the line of fire of the stormtroopers and picks herself up and scurries around behind a large container.

Evayn checks to make sure the officer is down and hopes that the corpse decides to call off the stormtroopers.

The stormtrooper nearest the blast throws himself to the ground to avoid the massive energy release. The stormtrooper, which had been covering Kaff, momentarily forgets his training and hustles over to look and see what happened.

Updated Map

Spoiler
    Show

Droid : -22/10 WP "dead"
    Officer1 : -14/10 WP "dead"
    Technician(W) : -2/10 WP "dead"
    Storm3 : 12/12 WP
    Storm4 : 12/12 WP
    Evayn / Kaff / Daine : Full
    Nate : Full-ish
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-08-04 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Clarify Reflex Save