New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

Kaff

A wave of dizziness and a little nausea seems to roll over Kaff. He has no idea what it means but it doesn't feel like post combat jitters. 'Maybe it's just because I've never been in a fight this dangerous before?' He thinks as he waits for Daine to do his thing. He takes a look around hoping that more Imperials aren't sneaking around somewhere.

Spot(1d20)[18]+1

Fort Save (1d20)[14]+5
    Damage if failed
    Str (1d2)[2], Con (1d2)[1]

2. - Top - End - #842
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn gives up on the fusion lantern, popping his spare energy cell into the spotlight. "No, Trill, you stay on the ship. This'll work, " he says, hefting the makeshift shield. "Use the comlink and warn Daine and Kaff of what's going on. Tell them that if they can get down here and flank that bounty hunter, it may make all the difference. I'm going to go down that elevator and start some trouble." He shouts for the Gungan. "Yoss, let's go. Your @$$ is on the line here, you're lucky we don't just push you out and take off. Find yourself a shield?" He heads for the lift, gingerly switching the spotlight on and off quickly, nervous of an overload.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

Upon the order to stay, Trill stands tall and says, "Yes sir." He pulls out his commlink and broadcasts to the team.

Evayn and Yoss begin down the lift. Yoss has the back of one of the weapon pod seats, which he detach. He has used the shoulder straps of the seat back to strap the 'shield' to his arm.

Trills voice comes over the commlink, "Excuse sir. Evayn wanted me to ask you to come back to the ship. The bounty hunter is outside the ship and he hoped you might flank him while Evayn starts some trouble." Unfortunately, Kera's commlink was still on so that message came out of her commlink as well.

{{ Time to roll initiative.

Trills action has provoked surprise round, anyone who makes a Reflex save DC 10 can take a single standard action before we start round 1

}}

Kaff
    Spoiler
    Show

Good job on the save. You only get 1 STR and 1 CON damage.

Kaff and Daine were just getting off the turbolift when the message from Trill came through.

Map The squares are 2 meters each.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-08-31 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Clarify Kaff/Daine position
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"^&$%."

{
    Ref save: 6
    init: 17
    }
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-08-30 at 06:28 PM.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine looks at his commlink in shock. If it had come out of his own, chances are it would have come from everyones. "Lovely," he mutters as he breaks into a run towards the Mule, yanking his blaster out as he runs.

((
    Reflex: 1D20+3 = [9]+3 = 12
    Init: 1D20+2 = [8]+2 = 10
    ))
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-08-31 at 01:01 PM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn utters, in near perfect concert, Kera's remark. "^&$%."

Initiative - (1d20+1)[2]
    Reflex - (1d20+3)[12]

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ogre in the Playground

Surprise Surprise Surprise

Reacting to the news, Kaff and Daine break into a run before the turbolift doors even manage to shut. Nate hears the message and swirls around to point his light at Kera, to try and read her reaction, seeing as he can't understand the message.

The bounty hunter fires a shot out of the darkness at Kera, who is standing partially illuminated by the still descending crew elevator and by Nate's light. The weapon he shot seems to have been some sort of dart gun or small projectile dispenser. She hears the origin of the shot, and the ping as something small and metal contacts the far wall. His location is confirmed when he says, "Thought you could trick me, eh? Maybe I should take the lot of you and sell you all into slavery."

The elevator holds Evayn and the Gungan. Evayn holds one of the ships grey access panel doors in his off hand.

The Gungan has the seatback from one of the weapons pods strapped to his right hand. In his left hand he holds a small, easily concealable slug-thrower type of pistol.

{{

Sorry, I wanted to get this going before the Holiday weekend here in the US. So, I rolled for Kaff and Nate.

Kaff :
    Ref (1d20+3=19)
    Init (1d20+3=12)

Nate :
    Ref (1d20-2=11)
    Init (1d20-3=3)
    }}

Spoiler
    Show

Initiatives :
    Kera(R) : 17
    Hunter(H) : 13
    Kaff(F) : 12
    Daine(D) : 10
    Yoss(Y) : 5
    Nate(N) : 3
    Evayn(E) : 2

Map
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Shine it at him, you stupid droid!" Kera gestures at where she's pretty sure the hunter is while she transfers her heavy blaster to her left hand and pulls the blaster rifle from her shoulder with her right hand. She fires off a shot, hoping for the best, then heads out the door, taking cover. He can shoot the droid if he wants. They can fix the droid.

{
    to hit, damage: 21, 15 (PBS included)
    intending to end up 3 squares up from her current location
    }
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-08-31 at 02:11 PM.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn powers up the spotlight in hopes of blinding the bounty hunter or at least illuminating him while making himself harder to target. He holds the access panel in front of him in hopes of blocking a shot or two and fires almost blindly around it with the blaster.

{Since I'm basically going for crits here, Evayn fights defensively as well as using Multishot. PBS bonuses included. Defense 16+shield?, 0VP, 9WP}

Attack1 - (1d20-5)[8]
    Dmg1 - (3d6+1)[5]

Attack2 - (1d20-5)[8]
    Dmg2 - (3d6+1)[8]

{Doesn't look desperate or anything, does he?}

10. - Top - End - #850
    Ogre in the Playground

Round 1

Kera's quick reaction allows her to fire at the hunter and take cover before he can respond. Her shot throws him off balance as he moves to avoid it. By the time he recovers she has ducked around the corner out of the room, leaving Evayn, Nate, and Yoss to face the hunter on their own.

Spoiler
    Show

Hunter hit for 15 VP.

The hunter seizes the oppertunity and fires a quick pair of shots, one at Evayn and the other at Yoss. The first shot whistles past Evayn's right arm, while the second shot inbeds itself in the seatback the Gungan was using as a shield.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiatives :

<< WE ARE HERE >>

Old Map
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-09-05 at 05:50 AM.

11. - Top - End - #851

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine races down the corredor towards the bay at his best speed. He breaths a slight sigh of relief as Kera slips into the hallway but tenses back up as he hears the other shots. He skids to a stop just the other side of her, looking around to try to spot the trouble in the bay while giving Kaff room to position himself by the door.

(Moving to one square east of Kera's position)
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ogre in the Playground

Round 1 Part 2

{{ Well, nothing out of Kaff for like 6 days.. so I'll move him forward again. }}

Kaff and Daine rush up to the Primary Docking bay's hatchway. The hatch is still open, with Kera having just rushed through. Daine sprints past the door and Kera to take up a position in the rear. Kaff stops just short of the doorway with his blaster ready to pop out and blast the Bounty Hunter.

Yoss steps to the side, off of the elevator as it reaches the floor. He fires his slugthrower into the darkness, towards the sound of the dart launcher. The weapon makes a deafening *blam* and a puff of smoke. The projectile, bounces off the side wall, then the rear wall and bounces to a stop near the hatchway.

Nate rotates his mini-light around and illuminates the human foe just as Evayn fires a pair of blaster bolts at him. Both blasts miss by a wide margin.

Spoiler
    Show

Hunter : 1/16 VP, 10/10 WP

Initiatives :

Map

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Nodding to Daine as he runs past and stops beside her, Kera takes a deep breath. "This guy ^&$%ed with our ship." Then she turns and steps just back into the room. She drops to one knee and shoots at the hunter, hoping Kaff will follow suit.

{
    Take one step diagonal (left and down), drop to one knee
    to hit, damage: 20, 20
    (despite the note, PBS is not included)
    AC16 VP0/WP10 DR2
    }

14. - Top - End - #854
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Seeing Kera rush out and hearing the blaster fire, Kaff gets a pretty good idea that something has gone wrong . . . kind of like usual.

Kera is moving back into the fight, so Kaff, rifle read, does the same. Rushing in, he moves to get some cover behind the first thing that looks solid, in this case Nate, and fires.

OOC: I checked yesterday and the stupid computer told me there were no new posts!!

Move Action: 1E, 3S (through Kera's square - she can take an attack of opportunity if she wishes)

Attack Action: Fire Rifle at Hunter
    (1d20)[18]+6 (with point blank shot)
    (3d8)[15]

15. - Top - End - #855

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine growls slightly. "Son of a..." He steps to the entryway, using the door frame for cover and raises the blaster, firing poorly at the illuminated bounty hunter.

((
    Attack: 1D20-1 = [12]-1 = 11
    Damage:3D6 = [3, 6, 2] = 11
    ))

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ogre in the Playground

One Bounty Hunter Down

Kera, Daine, and Kaff surge into the room. Kera takes a knee and fires a shot from her 'borrowed' rifle as Kaff surges even closer. Kera's shot his the hunter in the lower torso, just off center. As the hunter slumps backwards into the wall and begins to slide down, Kaff's shot hits him in the upper chest and eliminates any opertunity for counter-attack. Daine fires his retributive strike at the hunter, but only manages to make a scorch mark on the wall above his head.

Nate turns around and says, "He's dead Jim. I think you killed him already. Remind me never to damage the ship."

The Gungan slumps down in the corner, dropping the seat back to the floor and says, "Oisa. Meesa heart not such much liking this fighting thing."

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"No, damaging our ship is not a wise course of action."
    She stands up and looks at Evayn, slinging the rifle back over her shoulder, expression serious. "Lest we celebrate or anything, I will remind everyone that there is an Imperial ship here still, with an unknown quantity of Imperials on board. I would love to loot the bejeezus out of this place, but I can't honestly say that's an option. Who knows when some other ship will get sucked here, too. And I have a feeling that this guy's ship is booby trapped, making looting that not really an option, either."

She looks back up at the Mule, not really looking, just subconsciously using it to shift her attention. "So far as I can tell, we can go without patching the Mule, but we'll have to close off the cargo bay like before. It's not airtight. My vote is for just getting the hell away from here, but scrounging for hull plates and other parts might be a good idea, since they'd be 'free' here."

18. - Top - End - #858
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Turning away as he charged in and shot the armored figure, Kaff quickly looked around. Everyone was safe. 'I'm not too late this time.' He said quietly to himself.

Kera then started talking about leaving. "Okay, give me a minute, I'll be right back."

With that said, Kaff runs from the room back toward the cargo hold. He has one goal in mind. Stormtrooper armor!

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Kaff!" You idiot! Kera puts out a hand as if to stop Kaff, but he is naturally too far away to grab. "Geez. Well, can't let him run off alone when there might be Imperials running around still. I'll have a look for said plates and parts wherever he ends up." With that, she takes off after Kaff, still carrying her blaster in one hand and with her new rifle slung over the other shoulder.

"Kaff, wait up! We might still have 'friends' here."

{
    Assuming he holds the turbolift until at least Kera can join him, start with the Spot, Listen, & Search checks as soon as we hit the cargo bay. Search is for hull plates and generic repair parts. I think we are looking to take maybe 5 minutes down here, tops.
    Search +3
    Listen -1
    Spot -1
    }

20. - Top - End - #860
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn drops his shield and holsters his blaster. "Nice," he says. Once Kera and Kaff run off to look for parts, he turns to Daine and says "I guess I stay here then. Any other parts you want to scrounge for around here?" Flipping on his comlink, he lets Trill know that all is well and sends Yoss back on board with instructions to replace their 'shields' where they belong.

Looking distastefully at the dead bounty hunter, he asks "What are the odds you'll check that guy out? We can probably use some of his stuff too and he may have credits on him we can use to patch up his handiwork on the 'Mule."

21. - Top - End - #861

AssassinGuy

Daine

"Um... ok, if you want me to. The ship needs repaired though," he says as he approaches the body, quickly searching it over for anything of use. "I for one would like to get off this piece of slag as quickly as possible," he says. "Leaving a bomb strapped to whatever it is that thing back there was that is easy to detonate while they're imps about isn't my idea of a fun time." He rises, carrying anything easy to remove, leaving the rest on the body and telling Evayn what else was there. He then moves to the ship to check over the damage caused by the hunter.

((
    Search: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14
    Repair: 1D20+15 = [14]+15 = 29

Has there been any chatter on the Imp comm?
    ))

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ogre in the Playground

D&E

Daine checks out the fallen bounty hunter and easily locates his goodies.

Spoiler
    Show

Prax Arms PRP-502 Dart Shooter - Modified to hold a clip of 20 poison/chemical darts(17 Remain) - Modified to increase Range to 8m. Poison/chemical requires analysis to discover its properties.
    Luxan Penetrator MB-450 Sporting Blaster - Personalized for the bounty hunter.
    Custom Outfit Sized for Human 1.7m, 75kg. Provides DR 3, Max Dex+5, Weight 3kg. +2 to saves against cold damage.
    Encrypted Commlink
    Credit Stick - 193 Credits
    Grenades - 2 Frag Grenades, 1 Thermal Detonator
    Plasma Injector - Higher power fusion cutter type of device. Can be used to deal 2d4+2 damage in melee, -1 to hit.

Once Daine turns his attention to the ship and the damage, he is somewhat relieved. The bounty hunter hadn't even finished cutting through the outer door and there was no damage to the inner pressure door. The damage, so far, is just cosmetic. As is, the cargo bay should hold pressure without any issues.

Yoss heads back up to the ship with the access panel and seat back. Trill responds to Evayn with obvious relief in his voice, "Oh! That is great news sir. Will we be able to leave this horrible place soon?"

Nate, seeing everyone dispersing again, asks, "Should I get back on the ship? Do we have more to do?" While speaking he rotates around to face Evayn, after momentarily blinding Evayn with the mini-light, Nate points the mini-light towards the elevator.

K&K

Kaff and Kera head back to the Cargo bay to swipe some used Stormtrooper armor(hopefully not too used). When they arrive, they find the smoke from the various explosions has mostly cleared. There are three mostly intact Stromtroopers along the 'southern' wall. Mixing and matching parts from the three, you could recover 2 undamaged suits. It will take 2 minutes per stormtrooper to remove a suit.

While moving towards those stormtroopers Kaff and Kera get a glimpse of some of the cargo contents. Three of the containers were ruptured by the explosions. One contained something flammable and its contents now burn. The other two containers which ruptured, contained blue liquid and crystals respectively. The liquid mostly spilled out and poured through the grate to the deck below. The crystals, of various sizes(from 0.25 kg to 10kg) spilled out of the container. The smaller ones fell through the grating and the larger ones remain.

Old Cargo Map

{{ As a reminder, Stormtrooper armor is 'powered armor' so you need a special feat to wear it. }}
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-09-07 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Add Nate

23. - Top - End - #863

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine looks at the fallen Bounty hunter for a moment. "Hey Evayn... No two ways about it, we're going to have some interesting times ahead of us." He grins slightly, looking up. "Our cargo hold's pretty much full. How you feel about requisitioning a bit more? He's not going to need it."

He pulls his comm out, making sure its his own and not the Imperial's. "Hey, Kera," he says quietly. "What's the status of the boxed in Imperials?"
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-09-07 at 06:49 PM.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Over the comlink: "Nothing alive here that we can see. We're going to appropriate a couple of suits of powered armor, and there's some crystal things that are maybe of interest. I'll grab a couple for ya."

Kera helps Kaff strip one stormtrooper of his armor, then picks up any other guns that are lying around, along with two of the larger crystals. "We need a freaking hoverlifter."

25. - Top - End - #865
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Sounds like you've got a plan," Evayn answers. "What exactly do you have in mind?" He listens while typing to Nate to go back aboard the ship. Resettling his shades and straightening his clothes, he keeps the floodlight pointed wherever Daine needs it and waits to find out what he's got on his mind.

26. - Top - End - #866

AssassinGuy

Daine

"Well, the damage is minimal to the ship. He didn't breach the inner seal, fortunately," he says, sneering at the dead bounty hunter on the floor. "Now, I'm not trying to be greedy, but there's a ship over there with no owner, as far as we know..." he says with a shrug. "Its going to be a bumpy ride out of here, and chances are that when we set off the explosives, this entire ship and anything stuck on its side will go up." He shrugs slightly. "Well... Its just a shame to see it goto waste." He chuckles softly, glancing back at the scorch marks on the doors to their ship. "Its up to you of course. It probably would be trapped."
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-09-08 at 12:48 PM.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Still stripping the stormtroopers, Kaff looks at Kera. "See if you can find one. There's got to be something around here to shift these crates." Kaff also takes the moment of distraction to look around, especially toward the opening toward the Imperial Vessel. Kaff will also try to get one of the stormtroopers grenades and keep it handy.

"Any idea what these crystals are?" He asks noting their presence.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera stops and blinks at Kaff for a moment. "Yeah, I can take a look. Good idea. Just, we don't want to take too long or get too much stuff. Our hold is pretty full already." She nods, though, and takes a quick walk through this part of the cargo bay, mostly just looking for something to haul loot with.

"Not a clue on the crystals, but I'm taking some."

{
    Search: (1d20+3)[4]
    }
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-09-09 at 07:50 AM.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn

Tired and run down as he is, Evayn grins. "Wouldn't want to leave a perfectly fine ship out here to get blasted when we can do something about it, would we?" he says. "Kaff can fly a bit as far as I know, and I've done a bit myself. If you think you can get us past any tricks or traps our buddy here may have rigged up, I say we take it. Hazard pay and damages, with interest, we'll call it."

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera and Kaff

Dispite missing it the first pass through the Kera eventually notices the hover loader that is positions a few meters away. It was left in place after being used to position a cargo container in front of the portal to the imperial ship. Kera walks over to check it out and hears a faint hissing sound coming from the container. When she looks closely at the spot she sees a latent wisp of smoke swirl past and suddenly disappear into the crack between the container and the wall.

{{ There were a total of two stormtrooper blaster rifles, 1 sporting blaster, and one hold-out blasters (undamaged) in the cargo bay. That includes ones that people have already picked up.}}