Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    JZ says, "It is just a machine. Sure some of them act cute, all beeping and whurring, but it's just an act."

    "I mean, if you are building, er, well, repairing it, must you make it mobile? Couldn't it just be a pedestal? Sure it'll take up space, but you could mount a table to the top of it. Then you'd have somewhere to play cards."
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Kera grins at Evayn. "Yeah, sure. That's what they all say." She stands up and looks at JZ. "Sure, a droid doesn't have to be mobile. We can just install it under something or in a corner up there. We could even leave it in pieces strung around the cockpit like festival decorations if we had to." She turns to go saying, "gimme a minute and I'll grab some cards."


    {I'm ok with just saying that we play some cards for a while then get some sleep.}

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kaff rubs his head while the Captain speaks and then nods once or twice. He even winces when the Captain draws his blaster in the ward room.

    “Alright sir,” he says somewhat confidently, “here’s how I’m going to play this. First, I hope everyone has a blaster, if you don’t, talk to me. While on Wezen, I want everyone armed. Even if you can’t shoot, the bad guys don’t necessarily know that and that can buy you some time.”

    “Also, on Wezen no one goes anywhere alone. That means you too Captain. I don’t want to have to mount some sort of rescue but let’s face it, we can’t really take off without you. I’ll be happy to go along with anyone who wants to go anywhere but remember, two people stay with the ship all the time. The last thing we want is to have the Mule jacked.”

    “My comlink code is 24601.” Kaff finished as he began eating. “Call me every half hour anytime you aren’t where I am or if anything strange happens. I’d sooner you bother me because you found a funny looking coin on the ground or a light fitting that buzzes the tune to ‘Welcome Home Stranger’ than I hear nothing and then Captain Zwillenger here chews me out and has to hire new crew. Again, I’d like this to apply to you too Captain.”

    After taking a few bites, he speaks up again, “I’d also like to make a rule here on the Mule as well. When in space, all weapons are secured in your quarters.” He looks significantly at the Captain who still has his blaster on his hip. “I’ve seen accidental shootings and someone you’ve shot accidentally can end up just as dead as someone you intended to shoot. I’m also a big fan of keeping weapons on their stun setting. People are usually a lot more forgiving if the person you shoot wakes up with a bit of a headache rather than never again.”

    With that, Kaff shovels the rest of the food on his plate into his mouth and wipes it on his sleeve. “Now, did someone mention something about cards?”

    {Kaff is happy to play cards for a couple of hours, basically getting to know his new crewmates. He won’t be seriously trying to win, so will probably lose money – especially if Vicks plays, something about that guy – Kaff will then pretty much sleep for the rest of the trip}
    Sargent Larinda of Experimental Maneuvers
    Kaff Chalma of Star Wars: Freelancer

    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine rolls his eyes at Kera as she talks about using the droid as decoration. "You always were better at knocking things apart," he says, a slight grin crossing his face as he glances at her.

    He listens to Kaff as he fiddles with the appliance, quirking his eyebrow as the security officer looks at the captain. "No problems from me about blasters," he says bending over to look into an access panel. "She's the blaster person," he says as he pulls the black tube off the side of his repair kit and sticks it in and pinches his eyes shut as it sparks once. He stands back eying it for a moment as he replaces the rod. "I'm one that doesn't own one even currently," he says as he presses the button on the front of the appliance to see what happens.

    ((
    Repair Check: :1d20+14=[11]+14=25
    ))
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-02-14 at 11:48 AM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Stopping in the doorway as Kaff makes his request, Kera looks down at her own blaster, still holstered on the belt of her flight suit from the walk to the ship. Nodding, she says, "no problem. I'll stow it right now." She smirks at Daine, "are you still blaming me for that coil?" Without giving him a chance to respond, she ducks out to grab the cards and stow her blaster.

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Evayn watches Daine's work, absentmindedly setting his blaster to stun. He pulls another, much smaller blaster from inside his jacket and switches it over as well, then stands. "Aye aye. I'll drop these in my cabin as well. By the way," he says, turning to Daine ,"if you need to borrow one, you can use my hold-out. Only got six shots and it's pretty weak, but it gets the job done if it comes to that."

    {OOC: Evayn will just hang out and play cards before sleeping as well--wake me when we get to Wezen sort of thing}
    Last edited by donteatdave; 2007-01-15 at 06:42 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    After a day or so in hyperspace, JZ announces over the internal speakers(which still work!), "All hands make ready. We are coming out of hyperspace. Kera, Evayn, and Vicks report to the bridge. Everyone else hang on."
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Not the best card player, Kera is nonetheless enthusiastic about spending time doing something entertaining. She can pull off small bluffs, but any time she ends up with a really good (or really bad) hand, everyone knows it.

    When the game breaks up, she grabs some food and 'supervises' Daine while she eats. Then she spends some time checking out her quarters and stowing her gear before catching some sleep. She is well awake by the time JZ announces the imminent drop out of hyperspace, in the middle of sorting through Daine's tools to find a particular one he doesn't keep in his small kit. She calls over to him, "either find it yourself or wait 'til later," then shuts the lid and latches it before dashing up the stairs to the cockpit.

    {Take 10 on a Repair check = 17 to help out Daine at some point during this time. Use Aid Another action if he prefers it.}

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine looks up, a screwdriver between his teeth as he hunches over a piece of equipment. "Aut?" he says as Kera dashes by. "Ah, aukay." he says, closing the access panel and sticking the screwdriver into his repair kit. He walks over and sits in one of the seats not far away, pulling his datapad out and marking off things done.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    JZ is leaning over the controls as Kera bounds up the ladder to the bridge. JZ says, "You take stick. Remember, Wezen is one large asteroid field, like a rocky accretion disk. We jump in off axis, but we've got to fly down to the station in the middle of the field."

    JZ looks to the hyperdrive and then moves to the shield controls and says, "That said, sometimes the asteroids don't play nice and wander up out of the disk. I'll engage the shields as soon as the hyperdrive shuts off in 20, no make that 14 seconds."

    When Vicks and Evayn arrives, JZ hits the 'on' button and turns over shield control to one of them and says, "One of you, please keep the shields balanced and stabilized. The other keep an eye on the sensor for other ships." JZ moves to the intercomm and just as he pushes transmit the ship lurches out of hyperdrive.

    The ship sits right on the edge of the field. A quick look to the sensor reveals several medium asteroids will soon contact the ship. JZ says, "Daine, please redirect power from the weapon systems to the shields."

    The intercomm clicks off and JZ turns to Kera and says, "Get this bucket moving." The reddish glow the Red Giant off the port side gives the asteroids an evil molten appearance. JZ moves up to the sensor and jabs a dot on the screen and says, "That's the place. Take us there. If you see any pirates, you'd better have Daine turn the weapons back on."

    {{ OOC I'll post in the OOC thread what skill checks and such I need unless people want me to just roll them. }}
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Sitting down immediately, Kera takes the flight controls. If she is nervous about this, it doesn't show in the slightest. She nods once to let JZ know that she got the destination. She spends a few seconds watching which way the asteroids are actually going, then begins turning the ship in a direction that will hopefully avoid them. "Hold on to something. This might be a bumpy ride."


    {Pilot checks: 23, 24, 11
    Ack. I sure hope that last one is an easy DC. }

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    "On it," Daine calls up the ladder as he jumps up from the seat, shoving his datapad into its pouch. He trots down the corridor to the main generators and starts working at the console.

    ((
    Disable Weapon Systems: Repair: 1d20+14=[9]+14= 23
    Enhance Shields: Repair:1d20+14=[20]+14=34
    ))

    (Assuming a power console is in the corridor between the generators)
    As Kera starts guiding the ship around asteroids, puts his back against the bulkhead and braces himself with a foot on the wall next to the console, attempting to hold himself in place enough to get the work done.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-02-14 at 11:49 AM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    "All hands make ready. We are coming out of hyperspace. Kera, Evayn, and Vicks report to the bridge. Everyone else hang on."

    "Guh . . . wha?" Kaff replied intelligently from his bed. After playing cards for a while Kaff had been pretty much out on his feet. He'd been up for nearly 20 hours when the ship had lifted and really wanted to sleep. He hadn't been sleeping well lately.

    However, he luxuriated in the bed in a secure room. Kaff doubted very much that any of the new crew wanted to do him harm and so he allowed himself the luxury of 15 hours of nearly uninterrupted, glorious sleep.

    Now though, the time was over. He quickly got up, dressed and tidied the bed and his luggage. With well practiced ease, he donned his armor, regretfully noticing the odor that was starting to pervade it. 'Got to do something about that soon', he thought as he connected fasteners.

    Pulling down the fold up seat, Kaff then secured himself to that just as the G forces started to play on the ship.
    Sargent Larinda of Experimental Maneuvers
    Kaff Chalma of Star Wars: Freelancer

    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Evayn, startled awake from his nap by the intercom, heads to the bridge. Still pulling on his jacket, he takes a seat in front of the sensor console and works to distinguish between metal-rich asteroids from powered-down ships. He switches the sensors to 'scan' mode to increase his chances of seeing anything that's trying to hide.

    Computer Use: +6 modifer +2 scan mode
    Computer Use - (1d20+8)[12]

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera takes the controls and quick accelerates the ship up to full speed, the engines having no trouble accelerating so quickly. The jump left the ship slightly less than 30km from the mining station. At any given moment a variety of asteroids blocks the view of the station.

    JZ moves to the back of the bridge and calls the mining station over the wireless and requests permission to land.

    This field of asteroid is a fairly even mix of asteroids with diameters which vary betwee 2m and 60m. They are fairly sparce and slow moving. However, they are constantly in motion having been disturbed by long running the mining operations.

    Vicks immediately notices a slow drop of shield strength as very small asteroids and asteroid dust constantly impacts the shields. The view out from the bridge confirms that. The shields are constantly a glow with occasional sparkles as a slightly larger asteroid impacts. Within the ship, there is a slight rocking and jarring as the asteroid impact, nothing that would knock you over. Those on the lower deck can hear the popping of the shield generator as it compensates for the constant abuse.

    As Kera navigates her way through the asteroids, making steady progress towards the mining station, there are several nearby asteroid collisions which result in the ship being showered in tiny asteroids. After each of these, Vicks reports that it resulted in about a 5% drop in shield strength.

    Kera handles the ship well and none of the bigger asteroids gets any closer than 25m. All the same the hard to predict motion of the asteroids resulted in several situations where she was required to adjust engine power and make several sudden turns. Those turns nearly knock over JZ, who was standing at the rear of the bridge. Kaff survived, uninjured, by hold on.

    Once the ship was several kilometers into the field, the light of the sun and the stars was obscured. Their glow and sparkle replaced by the glow and sparkle of the shields.

    In the end, Kera brings the ship in fast and lands inside the mining station docking bay while the outside of the station glows from its shield generators and tractor beams. By the time the ship docks, its shields are down to 82%.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    The ship finally stable, the captain straightens himself, wipes the sweat from his brow and calls over the intercomm, "Welcome to Wezen Mining Station."

    JZ then turns to the bridge crew and says, "Power it off. Lets get off this bucket and get some business done.". JZ then starts down the stairs.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Looking behind her at JZ and the others, Kera grins. "Aw, you weren't worried, were you?" Turning back to the controls, she flips a few switches, then gently pats the control panel. "You and me are going to get along just fine, aren't we," she says quietly, apparently addressing the ship. Standing up, she follows the rest out, still grinning. If only it was always like that. Is there anything better than flying through an asteroid field? Oh yeah, flying through an asteroid field and not damaging the ship. Then Daine only yells about things that don't matter much. Like having to find one of his tools that slid away and under the hyperdrive engines. She snickers for no apparent reason as she takes the stairs down.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Having immensely enjoyed the fairly exciting flight, Evayn felt energized and ready to move. He unbuckles the crash webbing and jumps from his seat, heading first to his cabin to retrieve his weapons and then to the entry ramp, eager to explore the remote installation.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine glances down the corridor. "So, we actually got through in one piece? No knocked off dishes even?" he says as Kera descends. "Miracles do happen," he says playfully as he lets his foot fall to the floor. He grins at Kera and makes his way towards the bow of the ship. "I'll get started on the repairs," he says as he follows the others to the cargo bay.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    JZ heads to his quarters to get his blaster and then meets the rest of the crew in the cargo hold when they are ready to depart. Several of the cargo containers are covered in frost. JZ flips the switch and the main loading door opens.

    Within the small landing bay several men approach the ship with hover carts and various other tools to unload the ship. The hanger bay could probably have held a ship twice the size of The Angry Mule, but not much more than that. It is quite a bit warmer on the station than it was on The Angry Mule, here in the hanger bay especially. There are various hoses and vents, scattered around the bay, releasing steam into the air.

    The captain looks around and says, "As per our security officer, stick together, keep your weapon ready. Don't leave the ship unattended. I've got the launch codes, but that don't mean squat."

    Turning to Kera and Evayn, "You two are heading out to buy a droid? I doubt the station store has one, but you should be able to get some leads." He hands Evayn a credstick {{ 120 credits }}. "That's all I've got, but, feel free to kick in some of your own money." he says with a wide grin. "Oh, and when you get back, give it to Vicks so he can collect our payment."

    Turning to Daine and Vicks, "Good luck on the repairs." Looking at Vicks he points to a windowed office just off the hanger bay. "Thats where you'll collect payment for this delivery and where you can pay for the ore we are buying. Once you pay for it, the deck hands will load it for us."

    Looking to Kaff he says, "You ready? Time to go see Little Johnny." With that he walks down the ramp and towards the main blast doors, which lead to the rest of the station.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Kera smirks at Daine as she walks past him, but doesn't say anything. Taking only a moment to grab her blaster, Kera follows JZ out. Checking her belt and holster to make sur ethey are fastened properly, she turns to Evayn. "Won't know what they have 'til we check it out. Let's go." As soon as Evayn is ready, she walks off with him in search of an astromech.
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-01-17 at 03:56 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    "Sounds good, let's get started. The delivery office over there might be a good place to ask first. In any case, they can probably tell us where else to look around." Walking to the office with Kera, Evayn glances in through the windows, knocks politely, and enters.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Before leaving, Kaff hands over 80 credits to Evayn. "Sorry, it's all I have and I'll want it back at some stage if possible."

    Fully armed and armored, Kaff follows the Captain off the ship. "Any way you particularly want to play this Captain?" Kaff asks, "I tend to to favor being the silent presence by your side to discourage any unpleasantness but if you want I can follow behind you like I'm not associated and then leap in with the element of surprise if necessary."
    Last edited by Lord_Kimboat; 2007-01-17 at 05:01 PM.
    Sargent Larinda of Experimental Maneuvers
    Kaff Chalma of Star Wars: Freelancer

    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    "Careful out there, get us something nice," he says smiling at Kera and Evayn. He crosses back into the ship and verifies that the shield generators are regenerating the shields, then trots up to his tool kit and retrieves a few tools. He returns with a pair of wielding goggles and torch and sets out to repair the hull, attempting to keep an eye about the ship as he does.

    ((
    Repair: 1d20+14 = [17] + 14 = 31
    Spot: 1d20+3 = [14] + 3 = 17
    ))
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    As Kaff and JZ walk off, JZ says, "Well, Little Johnny's a friend of mine from way back. We can play it any way you want, but he'll see through it. I'd just figured we try the truth."

    Slowly walking through the facility, it is obvious this facility prefers humans, though there are quite an assortment of other species, none have more than a handful members.

    JZ says, "The one things I could never get used to on these facilities is the way the air smells stale after a while. I do enjoy the freshness of planetary air."

    As JZ and Kaff pass a green skined bald humanoid, possibly a Iotran, who has passed out in the corridor with obvious facial wounds, JZ says, "You think I'm going to have a full crew when we leave? How much you want to bet that we'll have to go save someone from their own stupidity?"
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Evayn and Kera head over to the delivery office. Knocking and heading inside they find the office, sparse but clean. They find a humanoid with yellowish green skin, large black oval shaped eyes and head full of tendrils. He is standing next to a comm device while looking at a sensor scanner.

    The office is just as humid as the landing bay, but with a slightly salty smell, like an ocean breeze. You can hear a slight amount of static from the comm equipment and an occasional beam from the sensor scanner.

    When Evayn and Kera enter, he grasps his hands behind his back, stretches and walks over to greet them. He says, "Most Greetings to Sparefarers you. Moisture what can I you?" With that he smiles, obviously waiting for a response.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    "You think I'm going to have a full crew when we leave? How much you want to bet that we'll have to go save someone from their own stupidity?"

    Kaff smiles behind his breather mask. "Have some confidence Captain, they seem to be good, smart people. I'll bet you all the cash I've got on me we won't have to run off after them."

    Of course, Kaff had given everything he had to Evayn so he technically didn't have any credits to give even if he lost.
    Sargent Larinda of Experimental Maneuvers
    Kaff Chalma of Star Wars: Freelancer

    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    "Greetings to you as well," Evayn says to who he can only assume is the shipping officer. He speaks slowly and clearly, obviously one who has spent a respectable amount of time dealing with those who don't speak Basic as a native language. He gestures frequently while speaking: "Thank you for your hospitality. This is Kera, and I am Evayn I'ithay. We are looking for an astromech droid. Who should we talk to about finding equipment like that? A used droid would be best for us." He smiles warmly throughout the exchange, trying to take cues from the other humanoid's posture, personal space, and mannerisms to make the exchange comfortable. He goes on as necessary, taking special care not to come off as patronizing but also making sure that he is understood.

    Diplomacy - (1d20+9)[21]
    {Add +1 to that result if the name I'ithay rings a bell in a positive way (from Reputation)}

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    If there is one thing Kera knows, it is when things would go a lot smoother if she just shut the hell up. She shuts the hell up and lets Evayn do the talking while wondering idly how much his silver tongue helps when talking to scumbags instead of friendly port employees.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Evayn and Kera

    The humanoid smiles back at you, nods his head, and says, "Yes badness more droid. Order I a lead." With that he walks over to the desk and grabs a sheet of printed paper off a stack of identical printouts and hands it to Evayn.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Wezen Mining Station
    ====================

    Droid Rules :
    =============

    1. Droids are not permitted to carry or use weapons.
    2. Droids are not permitted to threaten or attack miners or other crew members.
    3. Droids are not permitted to "jack in" or otherwise access the computer systems of the mining station.
    4. Droids are not permitted in the business offices or The Miner Lounge.
    5. Droids are considered recording devices and are regulated under other sections of the Wezen Mining Station rules.

    Violation of these rules will result in immediate termination and disassembly. Droids in violation may be claimed at the Wezen Mining Station security office by paying a fine. Unclaimed droids may be melted down for scrap after 2 Wezen days(52 hours).


    He looks back at you and says, "Questions don't ask" and smiles again. You notice he actually has two rows of sharp triangular teeth which are so white so as to sparkle .
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •