New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

Kera leans over and grabs the controls. Given the direction 'it' is approaching from she speeds in the opposite direction, roughly the same direction the bounty hunter sped off in. Her course puts the freighter and the Imps between 'it' and The Mule.

As she passes under the freighter, she can look back and see some sort of shimmering 'blob' headed this way. She can also see gouges and dents all along the underside of the freighter where someone crashed into it or something latched onto it.

As the ship accelerates away, one of the cargo containers, which Evayn was still working to secure, slides a bit, forcing Evayn to jump out of the way. After a few seconds the acceleration stops and Evayn is able to resume maneuvering the containers into place.

Once the ship is heading in the correct direction and the speed is set, she turns back to her calculations. She needs only another 30 seconds to finish. When she finishes up, she punches them into the computer. The ship turns adjusts itself and jumps into hyperspace. The ships falls quiet as the whine of the damaged engines cut out and the quiet humm of the hyperdrive starts up.

"Oi meesa thank you." Echos up to the bridge from down the ladder in the common area. Just after the ship jumps to hyperspace, Evayn finishes locking down the cargo containers.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

As soon as she hits the button to send them into hyperspace, Kera leans back in her chair and just sits for a moment. Staring out the viewport. Then she turns to Daine and looks him over from head to toe and back again. She grins. "We have some work to do, yeah?"

3. - Top - End - #903
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn

Evayn drags himself back out of the cargo hold and ungracefully drops into a seat in the common area. He closes his eyes and dares to hope that nothing else will happen. He tries, at the same time, to banish the worry that the mysterious creature Daine had seen was also hyperspace capable and pulling alongside the ship that very moment.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

"So . . . we good?" He asks. "I mean, we're not about to be eaten by a giant space goat or something?"

Leaning against a bulkhead he calls down to Evayn. "So, Captain. You've done more of the space travel thing than I have. Does this day rate as normal, weird, bizarre or plain f-ing out there?"

Kaff pauses for a second. "Actually Cap, don't tell me. I don't know if I can face the answer without a drink in my hand."

5. - Top - End - #905
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine grins slightly, a chuckle starting as he leans back in his chair. "I do believe you're right," he says, returning the look that Kera gave him. "How long do we have on this jump?" he asks curiously.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Still looking at Daine, and still grinning, Kera says, "About the same as before. Kaff, don't you have some sort of something to do someplace other than here?"

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ogre in the Playground

With the ship humming away happily, Trill climbs up the ladder to the bridge and says, "Pardon me sir." He seem to be speaking to Daine, "Perhaps you should look at R4-N8. I'm not sure it is totally functional. It seems to be sulking back in engineering." Trill glances at Kera and Kaff and adds, "I brewing some tea. Hopefully it will help us relax after all the excitement."

Trill shrugs his shoulders and climbs back down to the galley, calling up after a moment, "Where would you like me to stow all this.. um.. stuff?"
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera rolls her eyes and stands up with a heavy, long-suffering sigh. "Fine, I'll go deal with the droid." She starts down the stairs, then turns before she gets fully out of view. "Let's try that spanner this time. The one with the 's' shape." Then she takes the stairs quickly down. She nods to Evayn as she passes him and grabs some likely tools from Daine's toolchest before stalking the wily sulking droid.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn

Kaff's offhanded jokes seem to pull Evayn back to the present; he laughs, relaxing a bit and allows his fears to dissipate for the time being. "You know, I think that as far as my space travel goes, that was the first time I've seen anything that f-ing out there without a drink in my hand."

Evayn stands at Trill's question and surveys the loot. "Quite a haul; this is some good stuff," he says. "Let's put the armor in Kaff's room for now--maybe if he puts a helmet under his pillow he'll find a stack of credits there in the morning. As for these," he says, picking up one of the gems, "Strange cargo to be packing in crates. I wonder what these are?" He turns it in his hand, observing it through the light. He retrieves his satchel and pulls out a datapad and card, popping it into the reader. "Lots of tech uses crystals for focusing energy. Maybe I can find something about it. Then again, maybe they're just unimaginably valuable and we just left a few tons of them in our wake." He sits with the gem and begins running through information

Knowledge (technology, +2 for datacard) (1d20+7)[12]

10. - Top - End - #910
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

"Yeah, alright, I know when and where I'm not welcome." Kaff answers with a smile as he heads toward the companionway out of the bridge. "Of course, my job description is pretty much to be where I'm not welcome."

As he heads towards the cargo bay, he laughs a little with Evayn and then starts hauling the armor toward his quarters. On the way, he accepts some of the tea from Trill and continues, then returns to the cargo bay to help their guest get the cargo secured.

Back in the common room, he breaks out his medpak to treat the Evayn, himself and anyone else who needs it. As he works he calls out, "hey Daine! When you get a chance, I'm hoping you can fix up that stormie armor for me. Before you say no or that you're too busy do you want to explain why you no longer seem to have the blast pistol I loaned you?"

OOC: Treat injury checks if necessary for long term care.
    (1d20)[19]+3
    (1d20)[20]+3
    (1d20)[20]+3
    (1d20)[6]+3

11. - Top - End - #911

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine follows Kera down from the bridge. "You mean the one in the holster right here?" he asks. "I didn't know I hid it that well...." he says, raising his eyebrow. "The clip may be a little scratched up, but its still there too." He reaches down, pulling the holster free and tosses it towards Kaff. "What? You think I blew it up or something?" he asks as he heads back towards the engineering alcove.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ogre in the Playground

Evayn - Lots of tech uses crystals, but the crystals must meet exacting specifications. The crystals recovered by Kaff/Kera are quite large. If they happened to be perfect, they'd only be useful in something big(starship weapons, manufacturing plants, etc). 99% chance they are just big crystals, worth about 75 creds a kilo.

Kera & Daine - As Kera approachs Nate, he is just sitting in the back near the engineering section, having plugged himself into the power outlet. As you approach, his top swivels around and upon seeing some tools, a couple of his light illuminate. Just as Daine arrives it inquires, "Are you here to deactivate me?"

Kaff - You can help Evayn out(his sheet shows he has 3WP of damage). If you can get him to spend the rest of the trip in bed, you can heal him 2WP. Everyone else just has VP damage which will be gone within several hours.

Trill and the Gungan sit and relax in the common area. The gungan sits and just stares at the opposite wall silently.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Yep." Kera nods to make sure her message is understood. "I was working on the brainbox before," she says as she powers the droid down. "I'll get back onto that. Should be able to make some progress, assuming we don't get yanked outta hyperspace again."

{
    Take 10 on a repair check for 18 to resume repairing Int score.
    }

14. - Top - End - #914

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine chuckles softly at the droid. "Don't worry a bit," he says, pulling open a drawer. He grins to Kera as she starts working. "May as well get as much of him done as we can I suppose," Daine says, sitting nearby and starting work as well.

((
    Working on the Heuristic processor.
    Repair: 1D20+15 = [11]+15 = 26
    ))

15. - Top - End - #915
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn
    While Kaff minsters his wounds, Evayn puts the crystal aside mostly sure that they'll fetch some decent cash but are nothing spectacular. Noticing Yoss's unusual silence, he says, "Nice work back there, Yoss. Everything alright? You look a little shaken. We won't make your early delivery, so keep your extra 500 creds of course. A deal's a deal."

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ogre in the Playground

{{ Actually... assuming nothing else goes wrong, you will make it there in time to still get the bonus. If Kera had rolled 1 less, you would not have made it. }}

As Kera and Daine both reach over to deactivate Nate he mutters, "No wait, please, I didn't mean it. I tried my best." Kera and Daine hit the switch and get to work knowing it would be too much hassle to try to explain, given that he can't understand.

Evayn - The Gungan, seemingly a bit shell shocked, glances briefly over at Evayn and then his head waggles side to side a bit and he mutters, "Weesa be seeing whensa weez be getting there." Evayn will only recover 2 WP if he gets to bed soon, be sure to bring extra blankets and leave the door open cause the life support is out still.

{{ What the heck color are Nate and Daine supposed to use? Daine keeps switching green and brownish. I'm just trying to use a color no one else is using. }}

{{ Can I just jump ahead in time to just before you come out of hyperspace? }}

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

kera does the best she can to focus. Daine working right next to her is incredibly distracting. This is important, though. She works until it seems like she's made some actual progress, which in itself is marginally satisfying. Then she tosses a screwdriver at Daine, lightly so it won't actually disrupt what he's doing, just get his attention.

"I'm done for now. You can keep working if you want."
    She stands up and scoops up the tools she was using, aside from the screwdriver. And grins. "Remember to bring the spanner."

After dropping off the tools in the toolchest, she gives a cheerful "night" to anyone in the common area and walks into Daine's room.

18. - Top - End - #918

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine chuckles softly, watching Kera go, then looks back down at the processor. He finishes up his immediate work, then carefully slips it back into the droid and hits the power button before putting the tools away, grabbing the spanner, and walking towards his room while whistling softly. "G'night, gentlemen," he says as he enters, nodding and closing the door behind himself.

((Sorry, he's supposed to be Sienna beings Evayn is green. Green is the main color I use on several characters so I mix them up accidently sometimes.))

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ogre in the Playground

Evayn agrees to treatment and Kaff does his best to help him get better. Evayn spends the rest of the hyperspace journey resting under Kaff's care and is fully healed by the time the ships drops out of hyperspace(except, perhaps for a bit of redness/tenderness).

Trill and Kaff also manage to get the stormtrooper armor cleaned up and organized. After a bit the figure out how to attach all the various part together so that it can be carried like a suitcase(with most of it folded up inside the chest pieces, etc).

Kera, Daine, and the Gungan get to work on the droid, spreading the droids internals out all over the engineering and common areas. After 6 more hours of work, a bit of rest and 5 more hours of work, they've made quite a bit of progress. Between the three of them, they've salvaged so many spare parts from the other droid, that someone will need to buy quite a few parts before it can be put together.

Kera works the Intelligence units and they moves on to the diagnostic processors. Yoss sits in the common area with all the various sensor units(vision, sensors, infrared, communications) and gets most them functional. Daine focuses the whole time on the Heuristic Processor and makes a great deal of progress rebuilding the smashed board.

Spoiler
    Show

Nate : 4/15 WP
    STR/DEX/CON/WIS/CHA : 7
    INT : 8 (was 7)
    Heuristic Processor (1512/2000)
    Diagnostics Package(175/250)
    360 Degree Vision (now re-attached and fully functional)
    Improved Sensor - Now fully functional
    Commlink - Now fully functional
    Infrared Vision(45 / 150)

Third_Voice dropped from the game and returned the droid to my control.
    http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=605

The repair team works for 6 hours, heads to bed(s), gets up, works another 6 hours and has time to man up. They put the droid together as much as possible, in case they need him at this station.

The ship should drop out of hyperspace in 3 minutes
    . If you have any last minute things to do, now the time.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-10-01 at 12:10 PM.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera stands up finally and stretches. "We should be almost there." She starts picking up tools to put them away. "I'm just going to say this out loud, but I'm pretty sure we've already figured it out. Obviously, there is going to be another bounty hunter. Probably more than one. Someone wants Yoss and this shipment stopped, and some of these guys are going to have figured out that waiting at the destination is a good bet. This means shields up right away, and we go in hell bent for wherever we're landing. I'll need those coordinates right away, Yoss."

21. - Top - End - #921
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn

Despite his desire, and partially, need, to get out and see the rougher side of the galaxy, Evayn was, at heart, accustomed to a degree of luxury. Having his wounds tended by a large man in a small starship cabin without life support didn't quite fit with his view of the way the universe functioned. He 'suffers' through the period of inactivity fairly quietly, using the time to re-read and brush up on some of the business and technology information he carries with on datacards.

He emerges from his cabin just before the ship exits hyperspace, a little stiff but better for the most part. He heads for the bridge, calling back in response to Kera, "Maybe if there's anyone waiting we can convince them that Yoss got taken and just head on in with our shipment anyway. It wouldn't be too hard to believe that Perkara skipped out on a partner for a better cut; that'd explain why he wouldn't have commed anyone, in any case. Kaff, why don't you get to a gun, just in case..."

22. - Top - End - #922

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine frowns at the processor, shaking his head for a moment. "You need to make longer routes," he says to Kera jokingly as he reslots it into the droid and activates it before sitting back. "So, can you understand me now?" he asks it curiously, waiting a moment before following Kera towards the bridge to man the shields.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Kaff, hit the guns from the bridge. There's two. We might need both. I don't think that tactical approach is going to work here, Evayn. There's a bounty on our cargo, too. And I don't think for 2 seconds that he has any partners out here. I'm expecting to see other bounty hunters who just think Yoss might be an easy pick." She puts the last tool away, snaps the chest shut, and starts up the stairs. "This is blockade running, just of a different kind. I'm pretty sure about that."

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

Daine powers up the droid in makes an inquiry. The droid stares at him and then asks, "I thought you were going to deactivate me. It seems like you may have performed repairs. Thank you. I still can't understand your speech, but my vision and sensors have begun to operate. Do you need me to do something for you?"

Yoss climbs up to the bridge with his datapad and provides directions to Kera. His datapad provides a glimpse of the system you are jumping into. The binary star system is in the midst of a nebula with several proto planets and stars beginning to form. The republic has provided beacons and navigational aids along the 'normal' route through the nebula.

Yoss's route takes you immediately off the navigation course and towards a cluster of very large asteroids which used to be a small planet that was torn apart by the gavitational forces in the nebula/proto system.

Suddenly serious, Yoss says, "When weesa arrive. Do not activates thems sensors ors the shields. Just havesa theesa shipsa turns and flies direct to theesa spots. Hiddens in theesa asteroid eesa secrets base. Ifsa you be not following theesa protocol, theysa be attacking us when weesa approach."

Kera :
    Spoiler
    Show

The asteroids in question are about 1300 km away from where you are jumping in.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Looking at the datapad as Yoss speaks, Kera raises an eyebrow skeptically. "That sounds kind of fishy to me. But whatever. Fine. No shields, no sensors." She'll repeat this to anyone who wasn't there when it was first said to make sure no one powers them up.

"If they blow us up anyway, I'm going to beat the crap out of you." Then she turns to the controls with a half-smirk and gets ready to follow the directions as soon as the ship drops out of hyperspace.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

Yoss raises a pair of eyebrows at Kera's comments. Of course, to an aquatic species, fishy means good and pure.

Yoss then clarifies a bit, "If yousa be running scans and powering up the shields, then thems Imperials on there Navimugationsal thingy be seeing us. Thatsa be making meesa clients not so happy. Thasa be making the esplanation more fishy for yousa?"

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

There is obviously some breakdown in communication, but Kera has no idea what it is. She shrugs. "Okay, well, that makes sense." So, we're running battle droids to the resistance here. Okay. Good to know. We're striking a blow against the Empire. A little blow, I guess, but a blow all the same. Doin' it for you, Dad. Hope you're watching and enjoying. She actually smiles genuinely after a moment.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn

"I suppose you won't do anything to get us shot at with our defenses down while you're aboard," Evayn says, grinning. "That'd be a funny way of working a con anyway; And, no one would even want to strip this hunk of junk for parts, so I think we'll be safe."

Huh, he thinks to himself. People who need battle droids who don't want the Imperials watching. Cool. He sits casually in the bridge, as it seems there won't be much to operate besides perhaps the comm, if necessary. He rubs absently at his blaster wound, now mostly healed, and waits for the swirling view of hyperspace to separate back into recognizable stars.
    A nebula was always worth watching come into view.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

The ship drops from hyperspace leaving the crew looking at a massive nebula up close. From the cockpit you can see only the nebula unless you lean in close and look backward.

The nebula itself is mostly white and blue. Ahead, but slightly to 'starboard' is a binary star system partially obscured by a light blue mist. 'Above' the binary star system is another star system beginning to form. Its mostly a spiral with large clumps forming within the spiral.

Looking further into the nebula and off to the sides you can see similar formations happening all over the place. You can count at least a dozen proto-systems still forming as well as a score of newly ignited stars.

To the left, in the direction Yoss is sending you, is the remains of a planet. It used to be part of the binary system, but was ripped away and shattered by the gravitational forces that are building the new system.

Nearly directly in front of you, several thousand km away, is some sort of space station. The station shows up as a black dot against the light blue of the nebula. That must be the Navigational Station Yoss mentioned. No other ships are visible, but a baby blue one would be difficult to see.

Anything more than a couple hundred kilometers away would also be partially obscured by the nebula's thick mist.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera powers up the ship to full speed and follows the path Yoss gave her, turning away from the space station. "That's a pretty sweet view." The first part of this path seems pretty easy, so her mind drifts a little, running through a checklist of things that need to get fixed on the ship, especially the stuff they need parts for. As soon as anything remotely interesting happens, though, she's right back in the here and now.