New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

Evayn

"Spectacular." Evayn says. He continues to relax and enjoy the view, perhaps feeling more at ease than he should considering the latent danger of an Imperial station so close while transporting goods to an illegal group.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine sits back, watching the Nebula come into view. He lets out a soft whistle, leaning to get a better view of the nebula. "Impressive," he says. He frowns slightly at the thought of going in blind and defenseless, but says nothing, instead going over what he needed to do as soon as they touched down.

First off, get parts for the engine, then patch up the hull breach. He glances to Kera. "Go easy on the engines for now, just this once," he says, grinning slightly. The rest was pretty easy, cleaning up whatever shorted out before and basic maintenance.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Easy? Oh, come on, but there's all this lovely space to fly through." Kera throws a grin at Daine. "You could re-route power to the engines. I mean, we're not using the shields, or the sensors, or the guns, for that matter. This place we're going? It's going to take us almost an hour to limp there at our current speed." She considers doing loops on the way, but really, the poor ship has been through a lot. Just this once, maybe it actually is best to just fly like a boring, professional pilot.

4. - Top - End - #934

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine smirks to Kera. "Unless our schedule is tight, lets just take it easy," he says. "I'd rather not put all resources in one basket that already has a hole in it." He grins, reaching foward and gently proding her shoulder. "You can play on the way offworld."
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ogre in the Playground

After the team watched the large asteroids become larger and larger over the next 10 minutes, the Gungan finally says, "Oiysa. Meesa gonna be going to work on thatsa droiding of yours to be passing the time."

With that he climbs down the ladder to the common area. You can hear Trill greeting him, but not exactly what Trill said.

Spoiler
    Show

heuristic (1d20+12=30)
    30*15/16 = 28 repair points.
    Heuristic Processor now at 203/250

After 33 more minutes(43 total), you can see a light appear near one of the nearby asteroids. It seems to be a spot light and is being flashed on and off directly at the ship.

Shortly after, you get a very weak direct ship-to-ship secure transmission :
    "You are entering restricted space. Stop your vessel and identify."

At about that time, Yoss climbs back up to the bridge and says, "Are weesa there yet?"
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-10-05 at 05:35 AM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"What if I mention how boring this is every 30 seconds? For the next 45 minutes." With little hope that Daine will relent, even in the face of annoying torture, Kera pouts a bit. And sighs.

"Are we there yet?"

Snorting a breath in after having halfway dozed off, Kera sits up at the hail. "Yeah, Yoss, we're here." She hits the comm and begins replying in an automatic sort of fashion while bringing the ship to a full stop. She'd done this plenty of times, after all. "This is the Angry Mule carrying cargo and a passenger bound for..." Kera pauses, having a little trouble processing the fact that she hasn't got a single clue what the name of the place is. "Your location. Passenger name is Yoss, claims he's expected. Scan us all you want."
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-10-05 at 05:47 AM.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ogre in the Playground

The ship slows to a stop in a place which is shielded from all the adjacent stars by a lucky alignment of several asteroids.

Yoss leans in with his datapad and says, "It'n might be best if yousa be sending them this here invoicing number. 38-928437-01934A"

Yoss looks around out the window and mutters to himself, "This'n not be feeling like a very much friendlies place. Much more dark than thats spots with all the whites and blues nebulizers."
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Nodding to Yoss, Kera switches on the comm again. "I have an invoice number: 38 dash 928437 dash 01934 Alpha." With the transmit off again after that, she looks up at Yoss. "I'm pretty sure they're just being careful. I'd be careful if I had a secret base in some kind of asteroid with Imperials sniffing around that close, too."
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-10-05 at 09:54 AM.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn
    "Still, I think he's right to be nervous. Don't get too comfortable; we don't even know who they are. Could even be the Imps trying to get in close," Evayn says, put off by Yoss's nervousness. "You're right though, we're probably fine."

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ogre in the Playground

A moment later, the voice come back on via secure ship-to-ship and says, "Remain where you are."

No other activity save for a glint from the flashing light for 30 some seconds. After a bit more, another message comes in, "Resume your previous speed and follow the tug ship to the dock."

At that point a camouflaged small vessel detaches from the backside of a nearby asteroid and accelerates away, slightly starboard and with a slight downward pitch.

Kera engages the engines and follows along. The tug's pre-set speed matched exactly the maximum speed Kera was able to bring The Angry Mule to. She follows the tug for another 25 minutes weaving in and out of clusters of slow moving asteroids, always providing ample distance. Eventually, the tug rounds the edge of a large asteroid and reveals a facility built into the side of it. The facility has 4 large external docks which protrude out like fingers from the asteroid. There are quite a few lights and a large internal hanger bay as well. As the tug leads The Angry Mule to the third dock, which dwarfs the small freighter, a trio of even smaller starfighters wizz by in formation.

Docked in the first dock is an old Republic Cruiser, a Corellian Space Cruiser, still painted with the distinctive red and white scheme which marks it as a diplomatic vessel. In the fourth dock is an even older Corellian Corvette with several more weapons ports than you are used to seeing on that type of ship.

As you get close, a tractor beam from the dock pulls The Angry Mule into position and at the same time, the Tug, slowly nudges the ship into alignment.

Once properly aligned, some sort of force field is erected. The field would normally only provide an unloading seal around the back 30 meters of a freighter, but the Mule is so small it fits entirely in the small space. You can see the force field from the bridge and sortly after the field is erected, the sensor console lights up reporting external breathable air and sufficient pressure to open the pressure doors.

At about that time, the lights in the docking bay come up and provide illumination bright enough that it makes the bridge look dark.

11. - Top - End - #941

AssassinGuy

Daine

"Wait a minute, that was much too easy, no asteroids bouncing off of us... or vice versa," he says, giving Kera a grin as he rises, peering out at the dock. "Think they'll have parts here? Or let us repair here?" he asks curiously, itching to get the engine and hull patched.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Fully complying with the commands, Kera sits back and relaxes when the force field engages. "Well, that was...less than fun. Maybe we can fly in a more entertaining fashion when we leave. Which won't happen until the engine and hull breach are fixed. They'll have to hit me over the head with a hydrospanner to make me leave before that." She takes the time to shut the engines down properly before getting up, and is likely the last one down to the cargo bay.
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-10-05 at 07:29 PM.

13. - Top - End - #943
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn

Standing quickly after the ship has landed, Evayn heads for the cargo bay with Yoss to help unload his cargo. "I'm sure they have some parts, and for some of our newly-acquired cash I don't doubt they'll part with some, as well as let us use the space for a while," he says to Daine. "Hopefully they won't have any objections, but I'll see what I can do." He begins the preliminaries of unloading the droid containers, discreetly checking his blaster in its holster before opening the cargo bay door.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ogre in the Playground

Evayn recovers his blaster and power pack from the charging station on the ship and heads down to the cargo hold. Once there, he hits to release for the main doors. As they open, there is a light hiss and woosh, as air from the station enters the partially unpressurized ship.

Evayn begins unhooking the restraining harnesses for the 3 cargo contains as Yoss enters the cargo bay and starts to help. Suddenly Yoss says, "Yeep."

Evayn turns to find 4 humans in tan uniforms with blasters drawn. Yoss sort of wimpers, "Weesa just be delivering whatsa yousa done paid for... sir."

One of the security guards says, "Please, call your crew down and step aside while we scan the ship and the cargo." Three of the guards spread out, blasters out and pointed at Evayn and Yoss while a third holsters his blaster and readies and activates a portable scanner.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn

Startled, but fairly certain that the guards are just being a bit overly cautious, Evayn nods and makes sure the guards can see his hands clearly as he comms the rest of the ship. "Trill, Kaff, Kera, Daine, uh... droid: come down to the cargo hold--security's scanning the ship," he says. Standing out of the way of the cargo containers, he glances at Yoss and then pointedly at the guard chief and says "For future reference, you might consider telling people before you jump into their ship with guns drawn; a less cool-headed captain might have done something hasty upon seeing something like that."

16. - Top - End - #946
    Ogre in the Playground

Trill and Kaff help get Nate down the ladder and around the cargo containers to the door while Daine and Kera finish the power down sequence.

Once everyone is clear, the single trooper goes aboard with his scanner. After a couple minutes inside, he walks back outside and circles the ship, stopping on the starboard side.

After a moment of two of tuning his scanner, he calls out, "They've got a tracking device on the hull." At that point the three guards all raise their blasters, aiming them at Evayn, Kaff, and Trill. He then calls out again, "It seems to be deactivated. I'm going to need a lift to get it. The beacon is attached about 5 meters up."

After a minute or so he walks back around with a small disk with a little antenna attached. He flips it over in his hands and quickly opens the back of it. Looking inside, he eventually says, "Not imperial. Possibly a bounty hunter. Looks like the power cell burnt out or overloaded. Most of the internals a toasted. I'll take it to the techs to see what they can find."

He begins walking away towards the exit doors, with the scanner and beacon, and says over his shoulder, "They are clear. Let them get back to work."

The guards lower their blasters and say to Evayn, "Sorry about that Captain. We've found it takes longer if the crew has a chance to hide stuff. Even the touchy Captains realize they wouldn't be able to escape the tractor beams and they just give up and grumble a bit." The guard looks over a the cargo and the ship and says, "We were expecting six containers, not three. Mr Yoss will need to speak with the Major. Well, lets get this unloaded. What can we do to help?"

17. - Top - End - #947
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Arriving just in time to hear about a tracking device on the hull that's burnt out and likely from a bounty hunter, Kera makes a face that clearly says, 'that bastard'. She puts both hands up in a gesture of surrender when she sees the weapons out and the others just standing there, but keeps walking. She stops just behind Evayn.

Deciding that the situation isn't so bad and these guys are just being careful, she says quite cheerfully, "You guys don't happen to have anyone here who sells repair parts, do ya?"

18. - Top - End - #948
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn

Though he's put off by the guards' initial entrance, their politeness allays Evayn's consternation. "We'll take care of getting them off the ship, but if you'd like to take them from our ramp to wherever they need to go that's fine. We've got a lot of repairs that we need to get too, if you can spare the space. These things had a lot of trouble getting here." He heads back toward the containers, then stops and turns around and asks curiously, "Also... what is this place?"

19. - Top - End - #949

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine descends with the others, slightly put off, but cooperative. He raises an eyebrow at the man with the scanner as he goes over the ship. "Hey, if you pick up spidermice with that thing, mind telling me where their little bloody carcasses are?" he asks jokingly before he enters the ship.

The tracking device sends a frown across his face. It had been way too easy to get that on them apparently. If some bounty hunter could do it, who else could just as easily? He shakes his head, relaxing. His job was to keep the ship flying. His ears perk up as Kera asks the question about the parts. He grins slightly, glancing toward her. "Definitely need some of those," he says, staying long enough to hear the answer, then walks around the ship, looking to see how bad the damage looked from outside.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-10-07 at 03:30 PM.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Ogre in the Playground

At Evayn's request the guards stand aside and let them Evayn and Yoss begin unloading. One of the guards says, "This is Renflute Station. We do a lot of deep core geological research as well as solar formation and proto-planet formation and organization."

One of the guard heads over to Kera, smiles and says, "Name's Tellus. The quartermaster can help you out. Most of it is salvage, so be sure to inspect anything before you buy it. I can walk you over there if you like." With that he steps towards the exit, drawing her gaze away from The Angry Mule and motions towards the door with a smile.

The other two guards take control of the first crate as Yoss and Evayn get it unloaded. The slide it over into the corner, well away from ship and behind a yellow and black striped line on the decking. When the walk back, Evayn and Yoss almost have the second one ready to offload. The guard continues his answer to Evayn, "They normally let freighter do repairs. So long as your crew stays out of trouble, you'll probably be welcome. If another two freighter arrive, we'll need the bay, at which point you'll have an hour or so to move."

Daine

Around the front of the ship, Daine can see the damage is quite extensive. He could step right into Vicks' quarters if he wanted it. Aside from hull damage, Daine will need to replace some of the sundry internals too(The bed and locker are now missing/mangled). Quite a few power cables were severed as well.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-10-07 at 05:00 PM.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera turns back to the ship and calls out to Daine. "Daine, do you want to give me a shopping list, or come along to check on parts? Far as I know, we need that crap for the engine and hull plates."

22. - Top - End - #952

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine frowns at the ship, shaking his head, then turns back towards Kera. "I'll come along," he says. "We'll need some various other things to patch it up right I think," he says as he walks towards her, catching up. "We have a hole clear through into the room," he says, frowning deeply. Follows along, making a mental check to figure out what might be needed.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-10-07 at 08:13 PM.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn
    "Oh," Evayn says, nodding in understanding. Yeah. Research. Proto-planet whatsit. Need lots of remote battle droids for that, which need to be sneaked past Imperials and chased down by bounty hunters.

"I'll join the two of you," Evayn says to Kera and Daine. "I won't be any help with the actual repairs, but I might be able to get us a deal on any parts you want." With that, he sets to work on the last container.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Ogre in the Playground

Once Evayn and Yoss finish the last container, the guards move it into the corner and then setup a couple poles with yellow 'Danger' tape between them. They walk back over and say, "Please keep away from that area. They'll be by in a couple hours to move the containers." The guard then turns to Yoss and says, "You ready to go talk with the Major?"

Yoss's head slumps down and he says in a dejected sort of voice, "Okey day." He begins walking with them towards the door when he suddenly turns and runs back to Evayn and the team. He then says, "Meesa almost be forgetting." He checks his datapad, "Weesa seeming to be late, so, howsa much meesa be owning yousall, XXX credits, rights??"

Yoss says, "Thanks yousa for be saving meesa from that there bounty hunting bombad." He turns and sees the guard tapping his foot impatiently, and says, "Meesa coming. Meesa coming." He turns back to the group, smiles broadly and then hustles abck over to the guards.

{{ I'll look up the amount later unless someone else wants to dig back and find it. Its something like 38 * 84 ? }}

Tellus gets a puzzled look on he face as Kera seemingly invites everyone else along. He then says, "Um, yes, well. Its just down the hall here, lets go."

{{ Leaving Kaff and Nate and Trill in charge of the ship? }}

25. - Top - End - #955
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn
    "You don't owe us any more. You paid us the 3192 for the shipment before, and we didn't make your timepoint so there's no extra. And hey, no worries about the hunter; that guy was a de'klor anyway." Evayn says, feeling a bad about almost selling out Yoss earlier. He makes to follow the guy leading Kera to the quartermaster. Hopefully nothing else happens while we're gone. Activating his comlink, he says to Trill "Trill, lock 'er down, same drill as last time. Well, without the bounty hunter, I hope. We'll be back soon, call if you need anything."

26. - Top - End - #956
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Tell ya what. Why don't you boys go have a look. Daine knows what to get, Evayn- is in charge. I'll hang here and get back to work on the neverending project." She smirks. "I mean droid." With that, Kera gives Daine a grin and turns back to the ship.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Ogre in the Playground

Yoss smiles at Evayn, and says, "Thatsa being good. Meesa not having 3000 credits anys more. Yousa be wishing meesa lucks!" With that he runs off to catch up with the impatient guards.

The guards escort Yoss out of the bay and turn right. Daine and Evayn follow, being led by a somewhat baffled Tellus, and turn to the left. As they leave the bay they find themselves in a long corridor. The corridor is probably 8 meters wide. The whole thing in painted a light gray color and is illuminated by fluorescent lights which dangle from the 5 meter high ceiling every 6 meters or so.

Tellus leads the Daine and Evayn down the hall about 80 meters. Along the way, they pass :
    Living Quarters(45D-50D) (right side of hallway)
    Point Defense Station 4E (left side of hallway)
    Hangar bay 3(left side of hallway)
    Shuttle Bay 6(right side of hallway)
    Quartermaster(right side of hallway)

When you reach the quartermaster, Tellus says, "There you go. Cafeteria is a little further down on the right. Keep out of trouble."

Entering the quartermaster's supply area, you are greeted to a really really big room. The room is full of shelves and boxes stacked 4.5 meters high. The room is probably 150 meters deep. The front is full of common use sundry type items(uniforms, food, etc) while further in the back are bigger and less common items(hull plates, weapons pods, air speeder engines, bacta tanks, starfighter "dash boards", etc).

Other than you, the only 'shopper' is a thin balding man is a totally white outfit(pants, shirt, shoes, etc).

A large husky man with short cropped brown hair wearing a light brown uniform and shiny black boots walks briskly up to Evayn and Daine as they enter and says, "Newcomers. Welcome." He looks over the two of you and says, "Hull repairs and Engine parts?"

28. - Top - End - #958
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Evayn
    "Thank you. That's what we're here for," Evayn says, smiling through his shades. He motions to Daine and says "This guy knows a lot better than I do what we need." Turning to Daine he grins and says, "Enjoy. No, scratch that, we don't have those kinds of resources. Restrain yourself, but get what we need."

29. - Top - End - #959
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

After flipping the boys a salute with two fingers, Kera marches herself back inside the ship and helps Trill secure the ship. Of course, someone could just walk right in through the empty cabin, but there's only so much one can do.

Once that's done, she sits herself down with the droid again. "Someday, my little metal friend, you will be fully repaired. Today is not that day, but it will happen eventually." She doesn't bother tying to explain this to it, she just says it for her own benefit. Then she gets to work.

30. - Top - End - #960

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine grins slightly. "I'm hurt, I have self control," he says to Evayn. "We'll take one of everything..." he says, glancing towards Evayn. "Ok, actually we need hull plating, lubrication, some conduit and cable, and..." Daine trails off for a moment, closing his eyes as he makes mental tick marks. "That should do it, I think."
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-10-10 at 04:16 PM.