Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kaff and JZ

    Kaff and JZ make their way through the station to the turbolift. Entering and descending 3 levels, they exit in a more quiet and more cramped area. Based on the smells and sounds coming from behind the doors, you'd guess this is residential level.

    The walk down the narrow hallway to the door number 204. JZ says, "Ready?" and pushes the intercomm button. Several seconds later, the door slides up and tall skinny human dressed in a blue overalls appears.

    The man smiles and pats JZ on the shoulder while saying, "JZ man, you are looking very prosperous. You sure your short on cash? You look like you've been eating well." He says that line and offers a quick jab to the arm.

    JZ enters the room, which turns out to be meager quarters with a small half meter square window. JZ says, "I don't know, Little Johnny, how good of deal could you have for me. You don't look like you get enough to eat. You're all bone and skin."

    Little Johnny goes to hit the button to close the door when he notices Kaff. He stops and just stares at him for a moment when JZ says, "That's Kaff. He's my new security chief. Come on in Kaff."

    LJ lowers his head, shaking it from side to side slowly and then steps aside so Kaff can enter. The room contains an un-made bed, a small desk and chair at the head of the bed and a holoprojector built into the wall. To the sides of the door is some closet space.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Vicks and Daine

    Daine works his magic on the exterior of the ship finding a huge number of small flaws to fix. Within an hour the ship is in much better condition.

    Daine isn't doing as well by the end of the hour, the heat from the cutting tools and welding equipment combined with oppressive heat and humidity of the landing bay have really made him feel quite dirty and disgusting.

    Vicks supervises the unloading of the cargo by the deck hands and waits for someone to return so he can get to work. Of course maybe Kera and Evayn will have some insights into the shipping officer which might negotiations work out better. Of course, with Daine distracted doing repairs, Vicks might have left the ship and no one would have known.

    {{ Vicks - If you are there, feel free to add to this, or replace it }}
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Kera blinks several times, staring at the guy. Looking at Evayn, "Um, maybe we should just look around. This is a whole different asteroid field, and I'm not nearly so good at flying this kind of ship." It never crosses her mind that her half-explained analogy might not make sense to Evayn, she just nods to the door meaningfully.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Little Johnny goes to hit the button to close the door when he notices Kaff. He stops and just stares at him for a moment when JZ says, "That's Kaff. He's my new security chief. Come on in Kaff."

    LJ lowers his head, shaking it from side to side slowly and then steps aside so Kaff can enter. The room contains an un-made bed, a small desk and chair at the head of the bed and a holoprojector built into the wall. To the sides of the door is some closet space.

    Kaff bows his head politely to Little Johnny and enters. He tries to take a position against a wall with a view of both doors, he will then start looking carefully around the room looking for monitoring devices, threats or anything unusual (spot and search checks), presumably while JZ and Little Johnny talk business.

    After half and hour has passed, Kaff will hit his comlink to contact Kera. Speaking quietly he will say, "just checking in, things are fine here, everything fine with you?"

    Provided it is, he will then try to contact Vicks and ask the same question.

    OOC: Presumably people provided him with their comlink codes. If he doesn't have one for say, Vicks. Or Vicks doesn't even have a comlink, then he will contact the person who was supposed to be with them.
    Sargent Larinda of Experimental Maneuvers
    Kaff Chalma of Star Wars: Freelancer

    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Smoothly picking up Kera's meaning, Evayn smiles back at the shipping clerk and bows slightly, saying "Thank you very much for your help." He takes his leave of the office, instinctively holding the door for Kera. "We may have actually gotten something useful out of that anyway. It says here," he taps the printout, "that droids can be claimed at the security office for a fee, which I bet is a lot less than paying for one. Even better, we may be able to pick up an unclaimed droid before it gets melted down for next to nothing if we play our cards right. I say we ask around about the... wherever it is that they melt scrap." He prepares to set off, awaiting Kera's aggreement.

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Raising an eyebrow at Evayn for opening the door for her, she blinks once at him, then walks through it. "Yeah, that was useful." She meant it sarcastically, but then Evayn explains exactly why it was actually useful. "Brilliant. I think the security office will be easier to find. I expect they mark it for even idiots to find. We can find out what the fee is first and hopefully avoid any salvaging attempts, which might be illegal."

    As they walk, Kera answers Kaff's comlink query with, "we're ok so far. Still looking."

    {lucky for you, Kera actually has a comlink }
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-01-19 at 10:56 AM. Reason: curse you, Typo Gremlin!

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine continues working on the ship, the torch reflecting brightly in his goggles. He had his comm tucked in the back of his belt, but assumes that Vicks is going to be answering it, so continues working.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Evayn and Kera

    Evayn and Kera have no trouble locating the security office as there are numerous signs and several languages. Just before they arrive at the Security Office, Kaff checks in. After responding to Kaff, they go inside.

    The security office is about 3m by 3m. Along one wall is a row of 3 detention cells, 1m by 2m each. Along another wall is a computer and vid screen. Along the third are a row of 1 meter cube cargo containers, two are closed and the third is open and empty. The middle of the room holds two arm chairs and a small 'coffee' table. A four-armed woman with dark green skin. She is sitting in a chair and seems to be repairing a disassembled blaster pistol, the parts of which are spread out on the table in a very orderly manner.

    One detention cell contains a scruffy human male in his late 40s. He wears an eye patch and has numerous scars on his face and hands. His dirty and tattered cloths were no doubt very fashionable 6 months ago. The second cell is empty but the third detention cell holds a sleeping Gungan wrapped in a 'Wezen Mining Station' blanket.

    The four-armed woman, a Morseerian, looks up when you enter and two hands move to handles of blaster pistols she is wearing. Seeing no threat, she stands slowly and says in a mumbled voice through some sort of breathing mask, "Hoo .. u, an oo .. ant?" A third hand adjusts a dial on her belt and then she says must more clearly, "Who are you, and what do you want?"



    Kaff and JZ

    Kaff quickly gets a response from Evayn. Knowing that Vicks doesn't have a Commlink, Kaff contacts Daine, who doesn't respond immediately.

    Little Johnny, having listened in, says with a sarcastic smile, "If you need to check on them, don't let me keep you." JZ slaps the arm of Little Johnny and says, "Don't tease him, he's got a tough job." After a pause JZ adds, "And a Blaster."

    JZ looks around the small room and says, "Where is it? You said in the message you had something you wanted me to sell." Little Johnny says, "Sssh" and closes the door.

    Once the door is closed LJ pulls out a small metal case from under the bed and sets it on the bed.


    Daine and Vicks
    Daine doesn't hear the commlink over the sounds of the blowtorch and fusion cutters as he makes his repairs.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-01-20 at 08:18 AM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    "Sorry to disturb you," Evayn says. "We won't keep you for long, I promise. My name is Evayn I'ithay, and this is Kera. We've just arrived with a shipment for the station and we're looking to acquire an astromech for our ship. It was indicated to us that we might be able to find an unclaimed droid here, perhaps? I understand there's a fee involved, but we'll be happy to cover that of course," he says, smiling warmly. "If we should be looking elsewhere, just point us in the right direction and we'll be out of your way."

    {I'll probably roll Diplomacy most times Evayn's doing any sort of inquiries/negotiation just to cover body language, poise, and all the other little things that determine how well one's received}

    Diplomacy - (1d20+9)[26]

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Snapping her mouth shut the second they walk through the door, Kera spends the time checking over the two prisoners. A brief glance at the Gungan reveals its race, which causes her to ignore it out of hand. The human, though, she takes a good look at. She keeps her ears on what Evayn is talking about, but watches the human prisoner, curiosity about his crime growing as she does.

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Evayn and Kera

    As Evayn explains the situation to the Station Security Chief, Kera watches the imprisoned older man. He smiles a friendly very non-threatening smile. She continues to watch and he eventually blows her a kiss and then tilts his head to the side subtly motioning towards the cell door control panel.

    The four armed woman says, "I'm Niveka Leiker, chief of security here on Wezen. It seems today is your lucky day. I usually wait till I have 3 before I bring them down to be melted and I've only got 2. They've both been here for a week or so and as such you are welcome to pay their fines and take them."

    She walks over to the row of cargo container and opens the two closed ones. Inside one(Container N-S-RT4-87392J) is a bunch of disassembled electronic devices, several of the shiny and silver. After a moment you realize the contain holds the disassembled remains of some sort of droid. The other container(Container N-W-RF8-91402W) also has electronic parts, but it isn't obvious this one used to be a droid.

    She motions to them and says, "Lets see what the computer has to say." She walks over to the computer bank and after a minute of typing and accessing the interfaces she brings up the reports on them.

    She points to the container with the silver parts and says, "Right, okay, I remember this one. This was 1-2B medical droid designated 2-1B-7Y. It attempted treatment on a some drunk after a bar fight. The angry and aggitated drunk happened to have a ion blaster and blasted it. Disoriented, it jacked into the computer system. When station security arrived to deal with the bar fight, it was found connected to the computer system and dealt with."

    She then points to the other container(N-W-RF8-91402W). "This one is actually an astromech droid designated R5-N8. The report claims it attacked ", she turns and points to the Gungan prisoner, "the Gungan in the bar after the Gungan spilled a drink on it. Report says it used some sort of circular saw that popped out of one of the compartments."

    She disengages the computer and steps up. She relaxes a little, moving one more hand away from her blasters and says, "Well, seeing as they were just going to get melted down anyway I guess I can lower the fee. You can have one for 60 credits or both for 100? If you want just the medical droid, I'll toss in the astromech package from the R5 for 5 more credits."
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-01-21 at 09:31 AM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Yeah, because I'm stupid enough to try something like that in front of the Security Officer. Not your lucky day. Kera's bemused thoughts completely halt when the woman tells them the fines. She stands there blinking for a moment, certain that she must have heard it wrong. Two droids? For 100 credits? She looks at Evayn with what is probably an almost comical look of surprise. Then she shakes her head slightly and manages to compose herself a little better. "Evayn, I think we should take them both. At worst, we end up with one droid and a bunch of spare parts that I'm sure Daine could find some sort of use for." All thoughts of the prisoner have, at this point, completely evaporated.

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Evayn listens to the Security Chief and nods as she finishes speaking. Kera had been thinking exactly what he had, and he turns to Niveka. "Sounds like a great deal. We'll be happy to take these off your hands for you. I think we'll need a hoverloader to move these, but if you give us a few minutes we'll return and pay you then."

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kaff is happy that his helmet and mask blocks his embarrassed grimace from his face but is pleased that that Captain stuck up for him.

    Even though he couldn't contact Daine or Vicks he stops attempting to call in case it disrupts the deal the Captain is trying to make. It doesn't stop him worrying though. 'Where could Daine be? He was staying with the Mule so why won't he answer?' Thoughts of the ship being stolen and him being stuck on this asteroid ran through his head but he remained outwardly calm.
    Sargent Larinda of Experimental Maneuvers
    Kaff Chalma of Star Wars: Freelancer

    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kaff and JZ

    JZ reaches for the case and Little Johnny blurts out, "Don't open it. I found these while mining out there. They look like artifacts from a civilization may have existed in this system before the planets were destroyed. Its just junk to you and me, but to a collector.. well, they may be priceless. The case contains a vacuum. I don't know what'll happen if they get exposed to the air. For all I know they're contaminated with alien viruses or something too."

    He pauses and listens, turning his head slowly, then continues, "Anyway, I've setup a meeting with the Henn brothers on Rutan 51 hours from now. They've agreed to buy these and potentially any more pieces I find. They'll pay you the equivilent of 10K in local currency. You'll have to change it to credits, but you can keep 2 and bring the other 8 to me."

    JZ looks dubious, "2K just to bring a case to Rutan and bring money back? Why don't you do it? You know I don't like those Rodians."

    Little Johnny looks around, glancing out his 'window' before continuing, "I think my message was intercepted when I setup the deal. I got grounded right afterwards. I had to break into the Shipping Office in order to contact you. With that 8K I can pay someone to smuggle me out and still have a little left over to get started."

    JZ ponders for a moment and then asks Kaff, "Well, it seems okay to me, what do you think?"
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-01-21 at 09:33 AM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Nodding at Evayn, Kera is already heading for the door. I guess Kaff is a little twitchy. Should probably let him know what's up. Once they step out the door, she calls Kaff on her comlink and tells him, "we found what we were looking for. We should be back at the ship with it in less than half an hour." She immediately turns off the comlink, having no need for a reply.

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by lawful_evil View Post
    Kaff

    Little Johnny looks around, glancing out his 'window' before continuing, "I think my message was intercepted when I setup the deal. I got grounded right afterwards. I had to break into the Shipping Office in order to contact you. With that 8K I can pay someone to smuggle me out and still have a little left over to get started."

    JZ ponders for a moment and then asks Kaff, "Well, it seems okay to me, what do you think?"
    (Roll Sense Motive on Little Johnny +0)

    Kaff considers for a second. "It's a fair amount for one shipment. Johnny here knows we're coming back and is a friend of yours so I doubt he's trying to get us fragged. Plus, this isn't stopping us from getting another cargo here and taking it to . . . Rutan 51 was it? Me, I say we go for it."

    Then Kaff's comlink beeps for attention. He turns partly away to listen while JZ and Little Johnny continue their business.

    Quote Originally Posted by dauphinous View Post
    she calls Kaff on her comlink and tells him, "we found what we were looking for. We should be back at the ship with it in less than half an hour." She immediately turns off the comlink, having no need for a reply.
    Kaff opens his mouth to tell her about Daine and Vicks but doesn't get the chance. 'Oh well, I guess they'll find out if the ship and crew are still there when they get to the dock.' He muses, 'and if they aren't, they'll probably let me know.'
    Sargent Larinda of Experimental Maneuvers
    Kaff Chalma of Star Wars: Freelancer

    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Following Kera, Evayn returns to the ship and climbs aboard to retrieve the hoverloader. Shouldn't take too long. This was easier than I thought... Evayn muses to himself. He prepares to return to the Security Office and spots Daine working on the ship. "No trouble?" he asks.

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    When they get back to the ship, Kera looks around for Daine while Evayn pops in and grabs the hoverloader. Finding him up on the hull, she doesn't say anything, she just watches him work with a grin on her face until Evayn comes back out.

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Evayn and Kera and Daine

    Evayn and Kera arrive back at the landing bay. This ship is still there and Daine is up on the outside of the ship working on the hull. Evayn goes inside to get the hoverloader while Kera supervises Daine(who notices her approach). The work crews are standing around talking, smoking, and laughing to themselves.

    Evayn finds the cargo hold empty and the hoverloaded stowed. Evayn works quickly to unhook the hoverloader and once it is setup and functional, he grabs a couple empty containers and heads out.

    Evayn doesn't see anyone about inside the ship but when he comes out with the hoverloader he notices Vicks in the shipping office. Vicks is standing there, shoulders slumped holding his head with both hands looking at the tendril-headed shipping officer speak. Once the the officer finishes speaking, Vicks seems to responds with lots of broad gestures and exaggerated expressions. Once Vicks finishes his 'sentence' his face changes to a mix of hope and fustration. At this point, the work crews release a roar of laughter as they continue to watch the scene unfolding.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kaff and JZ
    {{ You sense Little Johnny is honestly worried, perhaps even more than he is letting on. He doesn't want to do you harm and seems worried for his own safety, perhaps more than he is expressing. }}

    JZ ponders Kaff's response for a moment or two and says, "Okay, you've got a deal. Where exactly is this meeting?"

    Little Johnny sighs in relief and says, "Thank you, oh thank you. Right, you'll be meeting with the 5 Henn brothers on Rutan, in Titus City, at 'Fat Polur's Bar' in ", he checks the time, " 51.75 hours. Remember, they'll pay in local cash which you'll have to change out when the government offices open the next day."

    JZ notes all of this information in his datapad and says, "How much cash we talking about?"

    Little Johnny scratches his head and says, "Well, when I was there last year, they used paper credits and it was something like 180 paper credits to a republic credit."

    JZ rolls his eyes up and then says, "That a little short of 2 million local credits, maybe we better bring a bag or something."

    Little Johnny nods and then hands JZ the case. "Look, I'd love for you to stay and chat, but I don't want them to find you here with that case. You should go as soon as you can." With that, Little Johnny stands up, obviously intended Kaff and JZ to stand and leave.

    JZ takes the hint and stands.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Leaving the hoverloader, Evayn trots over to the shipping office and enters, more than a little concerned. "Is everything alright?" he asks, looking at Vicks.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Evayn, Vicks and The Shipping Officer

    As Evayn approach, the shipping officer smiles and clasps his hands behind his back.

    Evayn asks, "Is everything alright?"

    {{ Vicks has dropped, so I've taken over for now }}

    Vicks turns, smiles, leans in and whispers, "Of course.. sir. I'm just making arrangments for the Ore and negotiating a new deal which is more ... compatible with our financial situation. Now, if you don't mind, I'm making good progress. I'm finding our friend here is amenable.."

    Vicks puts his hand on Evayn's shoulder and attempts to lead Evayn to the door.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine pushes up his goggles and inspects the seem of a patch, glancing over when he notices Kera. He smiles slightly and nods to her. "Find anything you like?" he asks as he stands moving towards another place that needed repair. He glances over at the shipping office and shakes his head once. "Glad they're there to handle that stuff," he says with a slight grin to Kera.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    "Hmm, yeah," she nods absently, then blinks a couple of times. "What? Oh, a droid. Yeah, we found a pair of them, pretty cheap. They need a little work, though. Nothing you can't handle, but I think the festival decoration plan would be pretty easy to implement with them as they are right now."

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine chuckles softly, his grin staying on his face. "In parts are they? I'm sure we can get them working." He examines the repair he needs to do. "I shouldn't be too much longer on this, then we can get to work on them," he says smiling slightly as he wipes his forehead on the back of his glove then pulls his goggles back on.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    The less I know about this, the better off I probably am, Evayn thinks, but staying the hand of curiosity has never been one of his stronger suits. "If you don't mind, Finance Officer," he says, "I wouldn't mind observing your negotiations. Don't worry, I won't be in your way, I'll just keep to myself over here." He allows himself to be led to one side, but decides to only leave the room if Vicks insists. A bit shifty, aren't we, he thinks, trying to get a gauge on Vicks.

    Sense Motive - (1d20+4)[20]

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Nodding, Kera grins slyly. "I can hardly wait." She checks to see where Evayn is, not having noticed when he left. Upon seeing him up in the office, she just sighs and waits by the hoverloader, letting her gaze drift back over to watching Daine work.

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    {{ Evayn - You get the feeling he is hiding something and really would prefer if you left. He's hiding it well though. Seems like the shipping officer is keeping something back too. }}

    Vick smiles when Evayn tells him he's going to stay perhaps holding the smile for a couple seconds too long before he says, "Great, I'd love some pointers, however", with a broad motion towards the shipping officers, "we have pretty much finished our dealings. So, to recap, for the First Mate... I have collected the payment for our delivery of five hundred and fifty credits. I've negotiated to purchase 103 tons of scrap ore for just five hundred credits. Isn't that correct my good Nautolan?" He raises his eyebrows expectantly.

    The tendril headed shipping officer smile at Evayn in a friendly manner with a couple of side glaces at Vicks. He then turns around grabs a datapad off the desk while seeming to conceal some gesture or action. He turns around and shows the datapad screen with the contract of sale for 103 tons of ore at 500 credits. He then says, "Trade yes, stone mass much for fifth credit. Friend lucky have trustworthy honest." with a slight nod at Vicks.

    Vicks blinks and seems to rolls his eyes and then says, "Yes, very astute. Please have them start loading the ore in the ship." With that he seems to scoop with one hand and then dump the contents into the other hand.

    Vicks smiles at Evayn starts to move to the doorway, "Ready? We'd better check on Daine and make sure he doesn't get distracted before his repairs are done." he adds with a smile.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-01-24 at 05:58 AM. Reason: blicks = blinks.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Evayn remains confused, but decides not to press matters. I probably don't want to know anyway, he thinks, though is curiosity is unabated. He leaves the office with Vicks and returns to the business at hand. Activating the hoverloader again and starting towards the security office he turns to Kera. "Sorry about that. Ready to go?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •