New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

It takes Kera just over 12 minutes to get the ship far enough away from the moon for a clear jump. The course, roughly, finishes out the previously plotted course and has The Angry Mule arriving in the Bespin System at about 2pm. Kera engages the hyperdrive... only 6 or so hours left.

Kaff and the newcomer walk quickly through the cargo bay past all the sick and infected passengers. Once in the main part of the ship, the cargo bay door is closed and everyone exhales. Trill, a man about 1.8 meters tall and slight of build with brown hair in a sort of bowl cut greets the newcomer. "Welcome sir. May I take your droid to be recharged?" Trill takes the small droid and climbs up the common area, speaking as he goes, "Although you just missed breakfast, I can warm you up something if you like." Corran can smell the warm inviting smells of coffee, eggs, cheese, and all the other warm smells of a home cooked meal.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thanks!! ah whats your name? as he hands over the droid, well as for breakfast, well i was just finishing my dinner of Roast Rodent when you came, but some of that coffee, and cheese would be great i haven't had real coffee, and cheese in damn near 2 years, as he says this he move to set at the lounge table where he finely removes his helmet revealing his long shaggy Sandy Brown hair and beard, as he scratches his beard you wouldn't have some place where i could clean up some would you.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Ogre in the Playground

Trill gathers up a nice assortment of cheese and warms up some coffee for the new guy. Gesturing with the knife he is using to cut up the cheese, Trill says, "There are showers and other sanitary facilities around the corner. You may call me Trill. If you have need of anything more, do not hesitate to ask."

Once Trill is done with the special request, he begins preparations for lunch, having adjusted the menu to include more in the way of soups, given the number of sick people on board.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-12-23 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Add color
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Working security Kaff had developed a sense of people. It's not like some 'Force' power and it worked to varying degrees, it could even be dead wrong, but this 'sense' was telling Kaff that Corran checked out.

That didn't mean that Kaff completely trusted him, but at this point he was going to trust him more than the Trandoshan's he currently had on the ship.

After Trill told Corran about the showers, Kaff said, "I'm Kaff Chalma. After you get done, come and meet me in the common room through here. It's a little crowded but I don't think you'll mind company about now."

Kaff then moves off to get a first aid kit and check on the Captain and other sick passengers.

5. - Top - End - #1175

thank you Trill.

It's Good to meat you Kaff Chalma, and very true i would enjoy a good conversation and some company.

When the food comes Corran eats every morsel on his plate and drinks at least two cups of coffee, when hes done Corran gets up and puts the plats and cups in the sink before heading in to the refresher, after about an hour Corran emerges, but this time he looks much deferent, gone is the long shaggy Sandy Brown hair and beard, replaced by an neat trim and a clean shaving face revealing his rugged features including a small scar on his right cheek, now out of his armour witch he holds in his arms you can see his clothing is looking thread bare. he then heads in to the common room and finds Kaff.

Hey Kaff i couldn't help but notice that your armour looks similar to Trooper armour.

Character links

6. - Top - End - #1176

((OOC:Merry Christmas, everyone!))

Character links

7. - Top - End - #1177

AssassinGuy

Daine (*gasp* Its me!)

Daine raises an eyebrow slightly. "Well, lucky for him we almost smacked into the comet," he says quietly, chuckling as he checks the sensors as they move into orbit. "How's everyone else down there? They going to survive til we reach Bespen?"

"You are feeling alright, come to think of it?" he asks, raising his brow as he looks at Kera.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Sure. I'm fine." Kera pauses in the act of unbuckling the seat harness as the ship slips back into hyperspace, shooting Daine a suspicious sort of look. "Why? Do I not look okay?" She leans towards him and pulls her left lower eyelid down with one finger. "I don't feel like I'm getting sick. Do I look like I'm getting sick?"

9. - Top - End - #1179

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine chuckles. "Just making sure. Better to catch it early and all, you know?" he says, grinning to her. "You look fine to me."
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Perhaps a more thorough examination would be in order."
    She stands up. "Kaff said something about there being a rash, you know. Something like that can start anywhere." Starting down the stairs, she says a little louder, "It's about 6 more hours to Bespin. Plenty of time." Then she nods to Kaff on her way through the common area and disappears into their cabin.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

OOC: Hope everyone had a great Christmas!!!

IC:
    "I'm not really sure about the armor, I picked it up on Wessen." Kaff replies quickly, "I was wondering though, do you know anything about medicine. You might have noticed we have sick on board. Can you do anything to help? Our captain is down with it and I haven't been able to rouse him or anyone that has it."

12. - Top - End - #1182

Oh OK, well as for medicine, just your very basic first aid, and that's it unfortunately,Says Corran, but i'll try to help anyway i can, though I'm better at Flying and repairing ship system and computer systems, but i can also build and repair, armour, droids, and Blasters.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-12-28 at 11:03 PM.

Character links

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff and Corran go into examine the captain. His form justs lays there. Other than the rhythmic breathing, he does move. Ask Kaff and Corran attempt to determine the cause of his illness and treat it, Nate rolls in and nudges Kaff and Corren out of the way. The astromech droid says, "Trill has asked me to examine the captain and the rest of the crew. He feels that I am unlikely to be affected by whatever the illness is. So far, all of the infected are suffering from the combined effects of some sort of virus as well as a fungal infection."

Nate uses his retractable extension to expose the captains chest. It is covered in dark red blotches and sweat. Nate then extends another probe arm to the captains chest. After a minute or two, Nate says, "They all seem stable for now. Perhaps a bit feverous and unable to gain consciousness. They need more extensive medical treatment. I suggest our pilot change course and bring the ship to a medical facility."

Nate recovers the captain and begins to roll out of the room still talking, "I've detected the fungus on some of the non-humans as well, but it seems that without the humano-specific virus, the fungus isn't nearly as toxic..."

Prior to the interruption, Kaff and Corren were able to see that the captain is sick and were unable to rouse him from his slumber.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-12-30 at 05:48 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1184

Corran shrugs and looks to Kaff, is he always that brisk with people or is he malfunctioning in some way. And as for this sickness there's not a thing we can do until we reach a medical facility, but for now i think we should enact some sort of quarantine measures, also i think we should broadcast a medical distress call as soon as we revert back real space.

Character links

15. - Top - End - #1185

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine chuckles, glances over the sensors once more. "Well, might as well make sure you're alright," he says as he stands, following Kera down and through, nodding to Kaff and the new guy. "And better to keep away from any infection."

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

The door to Kera and Daine's cabin opens again just in time to hear 'broadcast a medical distress call'. Kera walks out, now with her jumpsuit only zipped up halfway, the top part hanging off her hips. She's wearing a white tank top and the top edge of her black underwear is just visible. "That's a little extreme. We can just let the docking authority on Bespin know about it after we land. Get these people to their medical facility." She grins and sits down, checking the time as she does so. "Okay, so five more hours to Bespin, barring any other comets in our way."

Kera looks Corran over. "You clean up pretty good. Probably plenty of jobs in a place like Bespin for a guy like you."

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

"Not sure, you'd have to ask Daine about it." Kaff replies to Corran's question and chuckles a little, "it could be both. We got Nate in pieces and we all helped put him together - but I still don't know if we did it right."

A little later Kera comes out of her room and responds to Corran's suggestion.

"I'm with you Kera." Kaff says, "let's get to Bespin and hopefully the medical facilities their can handle things."

Looking at the (very nicely) half dressed Kera and Corran, Kaff guesses that some sort of confrontation might be coming. He doesn't fully understand it's nature but he knows he doesn't really want to be involved - still, he shouldn't be too far away if Kera needs help.

"I'm just going to reassure the passengers . . . you know, the ones that are still conscious."

18. - Top - End - #1188

Corran nods and acknowledges what Kaff is saying, but when Kera enters and interjects her comments, Corran turns to answers Kera's contents and takes in the very nice looking half dressed woman and smiles at what both his eyes and his minds eye are seeing.

"You clean up pretty good. Probably plenty of jobs in a place like Bespin for a guy like you."

Oh I'm sure i will find something for an industrious Mando'a like myself, but as for sending the distress call, from what i can see we have what could be the beginning of an epidemic or a plague, that's KO something like 90% of the humans on board and according to that droid of yours several of the aliens are now carriers as well, according to that droid of yours, Oh and by the way is he always that brisk with people or is he malfunctioning in someway.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-12-30 at 12:31 PM.

Character links

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Lifting her feet and plopping them into a chair, Kera leans back in her seat. She gives Corran an uplifted eyebrow and about half a smirk. "If you tell them you have a plague, they won't let you land." It sounds like there ought to be a 'duh' on the end of the statement, but she doesn't verbalize it.

She shrugs about the droid, though. "Yep. To both. Still some internal damage on the metalhead. It's going to take a while for it to get completely fixed, but I'm pretty sure there was a reason why it got blasted in the first place. We picked it up pretty cheap. You really do get what you pay for with droids, but we were strapped at the time and needed an astromech. No NavComp on this bucket."

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ogre in the Playground

{{ Data correction : There are no non-humans who are sick. The droid detected a fungus on some of the non-humans, but the fungus is not making them sick. }}
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-12-30 at 07:57 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1191

((OH my bad i'll correct it in a moment.))

Of Course you don't say that, but you do request immediate medical assistance for several sick passengers, they may send a doctor to meet us in rout or put one on the comm that we can talk to and maybe get an idea of what we have aboard and how to deal with it. Corran also sits down, If its OK with you i'll take a look at him see what i can do to fix him, i did help rebuild Dee-Dee when i was a kid.

Character links

22. - Top - End - #1192

AssassinGuy

Daine

"That's okay," Daine says as the door to the room opens again. He emerges in a pair of black pants and a blue shirt, his toolkit sitting on his hip. "We have most of the major systems fixed, and its been fixing the other damage to itself on a regular basis," he says as he steps out, heading towards the galley where he pulls out a glass and fills it with water, quickly downing the entire glass before starting to fill it again.

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"We'll let them know after we dock." Kera says this with finality, believing the discussion to be over. After all, he's a passenger - a non-paying one at that. If Evayn said to call ahead, she'd do it, but Corran isn't even part of the crew.

"Yeah," Kera nods while watching Daine, "can't really work on the metalhead while it's working on itself. Too many cooks and pots and things. We got it up to good enough to do the job, and it'll just take time for it to be fully up to spec." Although she's mildly curious how Corran ended up on that moon, she's not interested enough to ask.
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-12-31 at 07:12 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1194

OK i just figured i could repay you in some small way for rescuing me from that mud-hole of a world with helping you out in someway, wait a moment you said Droids did you buy two of them. whats the other ones condition.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-12-30 at 03:52 PM.

Character links

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera blinks twice, distracted from watching Daine by wondering when she used a plural. Since she can't remember, she just shakes her head. "We just have the one droid and buncha spare parts. Appreciate the thought, but we don't really need anything done right now," and wouldn't let you use the tools or access Engineering or the bridge anyway "so just sit back and relax. You're lucky we were hauling passengers anyway, because it means we have plenty of food. 'Course, it means we got no room, but I imagine this is at least a little better than that rock." After mentioning food, Kera gets up and grabs a snack and a bottle of whatever's available to drink, then returns to the seat and flounces back down into it, putting her feet up again.

26. - Top - End - #1196

Corran just shrugs OK just thought i could help in a small way. Corran gets and gets him self a cup of Caf he then returns to where he has siting and sits again, you said that this ship doesn't have a Nav Computer. I'm just curious why spend the money on busted up droid when you could have bought one of those limited Nav Computer they stick in starfighter, the last i looked you could get one for like 500 cr with a 2 jump memory.

Character links

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera shrugs. "Paid less than that for the droid. 'Sides, you get what's available when you need it, and a droid is more versatile anyway. I mean," she grins, "a navcomp has no sparkling personality. Or rapier wit. Nor can it swab the cargo bay to get rid of any sort of transmittable disease after we dump the passengers. All around, just a better choice."

28. - Top - End - #1198

Well i have to concede the point there you where looking at the big picture me i was just looking at the right now, So what class is this ship anyway I'm not familiar with it's design, and i'll admit I've seen my fare share of transports during the war.

Character links

29. - Top - End - #1199

AssassinGuy

Daine

"Its a freighter," Daine says, chuckling softly. "If you're trying to compare it against military ships, you'll have a long, fruitless search ahead of you." He grins slightly as he moves over to a seat not far from Kera and sits, taking another swallow of water as he moves. "Back half of her is a big empty box with the engines above and the bridge above that." He glances towards Kera with a grin. "Probably handles like a brick with an anchor hanging off the back end but she still likes to twist it around and bounce it off asteroids."

30. - Top - End - #1200

No not military i use to help run security on a civilian ship that ran supplies in convoy for the separatist during the war. and as for the pilot thing, well that seem to be a something they all suffer from, they all seem to think they got the best most indestructible hunk of junk in the Galaxy. and that's only because there are even better engineers putting all the piece back together.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-12-31 at 11:55 AM.

Character links