New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

Kera

Kera snorts and grins again. "This crate? Nah. She's not indestructible. I'm just that good. I only bump stuff sometimes so I can watch him," she nods to Daine, "fix it. It's always on purpose." Kera pats the wall with one hand and starts to actually sound mostly serious. "Really, though, gotta push her sometimes, get the feel of her, make her a part of you, live her, breathe her," she takes in a breath through her nose, "learn to make her sing like she's the leader of the choir." At this point, she's smiling and actually is serious.

"It's about love, really. A body can know all the math in the 'verse but take a ship up that you don't love? She'll shake you off just as sure as a turn in the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she should fall down...tells you she's hurt before she keens...makes her a home."

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Bugbear in the Playground

((ooc: Happy New Year.. Everyone))
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Ogre in the Playground

{{ Data correction : You are actually still in the first half of the year(close to the end of the third month). I know Corren has been stuck on a moon with a strange rotation period and all his batteries ran dead, but still. }}
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-01-01 at 06:22 AM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

4. - Top - End - #1204

Corran just gives a knowing smile to Kera, So how long have you two been together

Character links

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Eh, just a couple of weeks, but she's been pretty good to us so far." She rubs her hand on the wall a little, back and forth, looking at it as she does. "It'll be even better when she's paid off, which reminds me that we have to make that payment and I don't think I remember Evayn saying anything about that transfer." Turning to Daine, she nods a little, just once. "Remind me to harass Cap about that later, make sure it gets done. Or you could. Or we both could."

6. - Top - End - #1206

Corran just smiles and sits back takeing a sip of his caf and lets the crew discuss there Ship business in peace.

Character links

7. - Top - End - #1207

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine chuckles softly as he stands up. "Time for me to get some work done around here," he says and heads towards the engineering alcove. He pulls a crate of parts over in front of the console and pulls out his datapad and starts pulling as much information out of the computer about the ship's hyperdrive as he can, then starts working on what could be done to upgrade it.

Spoiler
    Show

Taking 20 if possible, just 10 if its not.
    Craft(Hyperdrive): 20+9=29 (or 19)
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

After watching Daine get up and head to engineering, Kera turns back to Corran, grinning. "I knew what you really meant. About four months, close to five now. Met on another ship." She settles into her seat a little bit more. Someone has to watch this guy, make sure he doesn't mess with anything, and if Kaff isn't going to do it, well, then she will.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Ogre in the Playground

Trill wanders in and walks up to Kera, "Sorry to interrupt ma'am, but the way that the captain is sweating, he really should get some fluids. I'm made up soup for everyone, but if no one wakes up..." His voice trail off and the smell of soup mixes with the sudden smell of pine. He looks hopeful and says, "Is there anything in the medkit to wake them up or some way to get them fluids? I mean, well, I don't know how long till we get there and I don't want him to dehydrate before we can even get him help."
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

10. - Top - End - #1210

So why did you two decide leave the other ship for this one, say Corran After Trill interruption Corran answers, i don't know about awaken them but you maybe able to give them some fluids by soaking a clean rag then to press lightly on the lips and squeeze it so some fluid drip onto and into there lips, but to prevent them from chocking i would sit or prop them up slightly.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-01-02 at 09:48 PM.

Character links

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Well, it sounds like it's highly communicable to humans, so I'm not going in there. It's less than 5 hours to Bespin. If this disease is fatal in less than 24 hours, I'm sure they're all completely screwed anyway, so I'm not going to worry about it." Damnit. If the Cap croaks, that'll leave us with three people. Daine won't do the Cap job, and Kaff...uh, no. That means me. &*%^. Kera frowns some, glaring at the floor a little bit. It could be worse. Not sure exactly how, but it can always be worse.

She looks up, though, recalling that Corran asked a question. "The captain of that ship decided he didn't need to pay us. We disagreed."

12. - Top - End - #1212

yeah i agree with you on that one, if he's not going to pay no need to stick around, me i could have probably avoided to the whole episode of being stranded had i stayed on with my parents ship, but my father won a ship in a game, he didn't need it so he was going to sell it, but i convinced him to let me borrow it and pay him back what the ship was worth, i was just starting to make a profit when i was ambushed by those fracking Pirates once they disabled my ship i ran for the escape pod took my equipment and and my droid and lunched it, it was only in hind sight that i realized that the Pirates could have shot the pod out of the sky but the didn't or some reason.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-01-04 at 12:45 PM.

Character links

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ogre in the Playground

Trill nods at Corran's suggestion and says, "Thank you sir. I will try that." With that, Trill bustles off. A minute later he passes by again with a cloth and bowl of soup. He head over and into the captain's quarters, shutting the hatch behind him
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-01-04 at 11:26 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1214

Your welcome Trill
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-01-04 at 12:27 PM.

Character links

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Uh huh. Whatever." Kera just shrugs some and gets up. "So, you can go downstairs, you can stay here, but keep out of the cabins, and you shouldn't be in Engineering or on the bridge." Then she climbs up the stairs to the bridge, plopping herself down in her seat to watch the stars zip by.

Spoiler
    Show
    Unless something actually happens, Kera will stay in the pilot's seat for the rest of the trip.

16. - Top - End - #1216

OK, as you wish., Corran finish his cup of caf he then gets up and gets another cup and sits back down where he was and just relaxes for a while.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-01-05 at 05:57 PM.

Character links

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Taking a deep breath through his respirator, Kaff enters the 'Captains' cabin. Actually it was exactly like the other cabins; in fact Kaff was convinced his own was better, and moved over to Evayn.

He set the bowl down and wet the cloth that he carried. The armsman then set about feeding some liquid to the sick man. As he did so, Kaff reflected on the last few weeks. He had joined the crew of the Angry Mule to try to find his mother and thought a little adventure would be a welcome change from the tedium of working as a security guard. Since then, he had been close by and witnessed two of his fellow crew gunned down, been clipped by a few blaster bolts and had shot even the vaunted Imperial Storm Troopers. It certainly hadn't been boring.

After a while, Kaff gathered that he had finished. He carefully sealed and then discarded the cloth in favour of a new one and went to assist the other sick passengers.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff and Trill

As Kaff enters the room, Trill stands and moves away from the captain. He hands over the soup and cloth to Kaff and allows him to try to help the captain. He doubts Kaff will have any better luck than Trill had, but doing something often helped make you feel better, so... why not.

Its hard to tell if any of the soup was swallowed, but maybe. Once Kaff leaves, Trill stays behind and changes the blanket for a fresh one. The old was was soaked with sweat and now with dribbled soup.

Nate

Having functional hearing, Nate managed to hear Corran's comments regarding his behavior earlier. He had been given a specific task and his instructions didn't include not being 'brisk'. His diagnostics were reporting problems in his ability to access data, his decision making subroutines, and his biological interfacing specifications(not to mention all the other stuff). He went back to engineering and got to work.

Daine

Daine spend the next couple hours drawing up plans for a hyperdrive upgrade. Sure the old one works, but with a couple tweaks and a couple weeks of work, he could decrease travel time by 20%, which should increase profits by a similar factor. After 4 hours he had a firm plan and a list of parts he needed to make it happen.

Kera

The flight passes quickly. She relaxes and monitors the sensors as the ship goes. Of course, in hyperspace there isn't much to monitor, other than internal sensors. Life Support and such remained online. The doctor, whatever she was doing, was drawing a lot of power. Nothing that would hinder the ship, but much more than even Daine drew when he was working in engineering.

Corran

Corran relaxes a bit in the common area. After 30 minutes or so Trill joins him and starts to question him about near death experience. "We tried your suggestion, its hard to tell if he swallowed anything or if it all just dribbled down his blanket. So... What kind of ship did you pilot? What happened to the rest of your crew when you fled in the escape pod? (no crew?) Why do you fly alone? How do you manage to get everything done without people to help? What happened to your cargo? Do you now owe someone a bunch of money or was the cargo yours? What does your droid do? What color was your ship? What kind of food was served in the galley? What is your favorite dish? Where did you grow up? Do you know any of the native recipes from (where you grew up)? ...." Allowing time to answer in between.

All

The ship'll be coming out of hyperspace in 10 minutes and the warning alarm(that you'll be out of hyperspace in 10 minutes) on the bridge goes off. Trill says, "We're almost there. We should clean up so all this stuff doesn't go flying when we land." Trill stands and starts to clean up all the soup, bowls, spoons, dirty rags, etc.

19. - Top - End - #1219

Corran helps Trill put things away, as he dose he answers an many of Trills Question's as possible.

We tried your suggestion, its hard to tell if he swallowed anything or if it all just dribbled down his blanket.

I know from what i understand it's only used for emergency first aid.

What kind of ship did you pilot?

I piloted an old Loronar B-7 Light Freighter just 19 meters long, with a 50 ton cargo capacity.

What happened to the rest of your crew when you fled in the escape pod? (no crew?)

My droid and i were the only crew.

Why do you fly alone?

Mostly because my people are nomads, the other is that i just couldn't afford to pay a crew.

How do you manage to get everything done without people to help?

Slowly, but Dee-Dee is also stronger then he looks and helps me load.

What happened to your cargo?

The Pirate took it.

Do you now owe someone a bunch of money or was the cargo yours?

No, I just pick up the cargo and take them where they need to go, usually of the standard fare, of 10 credit per ton per day. I had a 18 ton Cargo of fuel bound for an archeology dig and a 12 day trip day ahead of me, which i was 4 days into the journey.

What does your droid do?

He's a repair droid meant to fix vehicles.

What color was your ship?

She was white and Blue.

What kind of food was served in the galley?

It was standard fare, it was a standard auto-chef.

What is your favorite dish?

uj'alayi, it's a Cake its a dense, very sweet flat cake made of ground nuts, syrup, pureed dried fruit and spice.

Where did you grow up?

I grow up on my parents ship.

Do you know any of the native recipes from (where you grew up)?

Some.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-01-06 at 10:41 AM.

Character links

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

At the warning, Kera calls over the ship's PA system, "Ladies and gentlemen, we will be leaving hyperspace in approximately 10 minutes. Please prepare to debark shortly thereafter."

Pulling up the top half of her flight suit, Kera zips it up and straps herself in. Once the ship falls out of hyperspace, she flies smoothly and calls in as soon as it is feasible for landing instructions.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ogre in the Playground

Trill soaks up Corran's stories as he cleans up the galley and secures everything. He does ask a few follow up questions... "18 tons of fuel... was that all your ship could hold? It must have been cozy. I think The Angry Mule can carry something like 100 tons. So, if you got hired to deliver the fuel, 18 tons of it, won't the people that hired you think you stole the fuel and sold it on the black market? Fuel is quite expensive.. last time I had to fill up the portable fuel containers, it was like 50 credits per kg. So, 18 tons would be something like 900,000 credits worth. I can't imagine someone just letting it go."

Trill finishes clamping everything into place and says, "You may want to change your name and avoid the company you were delivering for. We recently dropped off a merchant who was being chased by a bounty hunter because his delivery was late. What company were you delivering the fuel for? Where did you pick it up? Where were you supposed to deliver it?"

{{ You were going from the Varonat System(on the Corellian Trade Spine) to the Liffog System(where the dig was). You can make up the company name... }}
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-01-06 at 10:51 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1222

18 tons of fuel... was that all your ship could hold?.

No, i had a 50 ton max load capacity but it was the largest cargo i could find on short notes, i was in need of money to make repairs. The Cargo at the time was worth 60,000 credits, at delivery i would have been payed 2,160 credits, but after refueling and restocking ships stores i would been left with 1,440 credits to start some repairs.

It must have been cozy.

Not especially, she was a bare bones ship, and in ruff condition, but the moment i saw here i fell in love with her and promised myself that i would fix her up.

So, if you got hired to deliver the fuel, 18 tons of it, won't the people that hired you think you stole the fuel and sold it on the black market? Fuel is quite expensive.. last time I had to fill up the portable fuel containers, it was like 50 credits per kg. So, 18 tons would be something like 900,000 credits worth. I can't imagine someone just letting it go.

Yes it's a possibility and that why i plan to make two calls when we land the first is to my parents to let them know what happened to my and to let them know I'm alright, the second to Mr. Geary of Intergalactic Fuel to explain what happened to me.

Where did you pick it up? .

I picked it up from the Varonat System, it's along the Corellian Trade Spine.

Where were you supposed to deliver it?.

I was to take it to the Liffog System, to the planet of Liffog IV.

And as for the bounty hunter if and when it come to that, i'll deal with it.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-01-06 at 05:02 PM.

Character links

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Ogre in the Playground

Trill nods at Corran's answers and says, "Good luck with the company. Maybe they've moved on by now. It was several years ago. If you had a bounty hunter friend you might be able to get some information. At least find out if they are looking for you. If not, no reason to stir the soup." Trill stands and there is the smell of peppermint.

Trill makes sure Corran is strapped in and goes to check on the passengers. He notifies the doctor of the landing and the need to discontinue delicate operations and to limit power usage. He then moves on to the alien group in the private room, followed by the young couple. After a quick stop in the cargo bay, Trill heads up to the bridge and says, "The sick passengers could not be strapped down or restrained so... if you could take her down nice and easy so their bunks don't tip over.. it would help." Trill turns to leave and seeing Kaff head into the common area, adds, "Everyone is ready." He lingers on the top steps holding onto the guard rail as the ship drops out of hyperspace.

Kera steers toward the planet and is greet with a bright blue-green world with lots of oceans and marvelous shorelines, curving bays, tropical green jungles, and little fluffy white clouds. The traffic beacon provide automatic landing coordinates based on the provided search criteria.

Kera is able to locate a medical complex in the capital city which stand by ready to assist all in need. The sky is full of ships on approach to the system for the festival(even though it is a number of days from now). The imperials have turned out in large numbers to enforce the holiday. A massive wedge shaped craft as well as several dozen of the smaller light cruisers a strung out around the system.

The only traffic, which isn't headed for the surface, is headed for 'The Bespin Pilot Challenge'. A race and piloting challenge set in a debris field between the first and second planets. Several small ships can be seen going to and from the area and the sensors pick up a weak transmission coming from the debris field. The signal keeps cutting out, but it seems to be a play by play of a race in progress. "... ship ... hard ... port ... roll ... dge ast ... nick ... burner ... "
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-01-06 at 06:22 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Aw, man. A pilot challenge. And I gotta miss it." Kera sighs to herself and drops into a course for the landing pads closest to the medical complex. As long as she doesn't have to talk to anyone to land, no sense in landing far away from that zone. She brings the ship in level and easy, doing what she can to anticipate traffic issues before swerving becomes necessary to avoid them.

She waits until the ship lands before calling in to get immediate medical attention for all the sick passengers and the Captain, saying "they seem to be suffering from some sort of fungal affliction that is contagious, but we aren't sure how it's transmitted. The non-humans onboard have shown no sign of debilitation, but they've been exposed to it and should probably be checked out for safety."

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ogre in the Playground

The medical center sends a message back, "Understood. Unlock the outer hatch. Do not open the hatch or attempt to exit the ship. We will send in a team to evaluate the situation. It will take several minutes for them to suit up. Please be patient. In the meantime we are sending you directions on how to safely scrub your ship clean of most infections, fungi, viruses, and parasites. Following those directions should help prevent future outbreaks. Thank you."

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera hits the ship's PA to give the passengers (and crew) an update. "Ladies and gentlemen, local medical personnel will be here shortly to check everyone over. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. Please remain where you are for now."

She then flips the switch to unlock the cargo bay and prepares to receive and save the transmitted information.

Over the comlink to Kaff: "No one is allowed to leave the ship until the med guys clear them. Shooting them is probably a little extreme if anyone tries, but, you know, stop them somehow. Maybe see if that guy...Corran will help if you need it. He looks kinda buff."

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

"You got it Kera." Kaff replies to his helmet com, grabs his rifle and heads toward the main hatch in the cargo bay. He sets his rifle to stun but there's no reason that anyone should know that, he doesn't expect that he should have to shoot - hopefully intimidation will keep the aliens at bay for long enough.

28. - Top - End - #1228

After landing Corran Gets up and grabs his armor and then makes a quick trip to the refresher, when he comes out hes wearing his armour minus the helmet, he gathers his things up and then sits down to wait for the medics.

Character links

29. - Top - End - #1229

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine emerges from engineering with a triumphant look on his face, joining Kera on the bridge for the landing. He sits back in the seat by the sensors relaxing the few minutes until the medics arrive. "So, have plans for upgrading the hyperdrive," he remarks nonchallantly, looking over the sensor readouts. "Would take it of cash but could be done," he adds with a slight grin.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Ogre in the Playground

Several minutes later, the Kera can see several humanoids in biohazard suits and a medical droid approach the ship. The humanoids carry a large container of some sort. It is big enough that it takes two of them to carry it, one on each end. They leave her field of view as they approach the hatch. It takes another couple minutes before the hatch is opened.

Kaff is there to greet them with his blaster rifle and full armor. He can see that they've constructed some sort of dome around the hatchway. The droid rolls right in and immediately begins to examine the sick passengers. It uses some sort of high intensity light to scan them and with its limbs begin to take skin and lesion samples.

The humanoids approach Kaff and say, "Lower your weapon. We are here to help." Not waiting for him to comply, they also walk right in and begin to take a look at the patients. "Hmmm." "Interesting" "Yes"

Once the droid has made the rounds it rolls right back down the ramp and off the ship. The medical personnel say, "It will be a minute while the samples are analyzed and a decision is made regarding the sickness and treatment options you have."

The humanoids in the biohazard suits continue to walk around and examine the sick. After a minute one of their datapads beeps. The all huddle around the datapad and finally says, "I'm sorry sir. Your patients are in a most grave condition. We can treat them, but it will likely be 6 weeks before they can leave the medical facility. The droid will need to collect a sample from each of the healthy people, but the good news is that a couple pills and a dose of anti-fungal cream should prevent the disease from afflicting anymore of the crew." One of the team taps something into the datapad and several droids walk in and begin to haul away the sick.

The medical officer says, "We should probably administer the pills and cream to the non-human passengers too, otherwise they might again spread the combination to any humans they come in contact with."

Once all the sick have been removed(including Evayn), the droids return with a box of pills and several large jars of the cream. The medical officers dismisses the droid and says, "Take one of each of these 19 types of pills every hour for the next 6 hours." He then motions to the jars of cream and says, "Apply a thick layer of this cream to your entire body. Everywhere." The man also motions out to the tent and says, "You'll need to spend the next 6 hours in the biohazard dome while the droids spray your ship's interior down with anti-viral and anti-fungal sprays. In the dosages they will use, it will be quite toxic for several hours, so do not attempt to re-enter the ship."

The team ushers everyone out of the ship and into the large clear biohazard dome. Everyone is given their first dose of pills and told to strip down and apply the cream. This results in quite a bit of awkwardness amongst the young couple as well as several of the aliens(who don't seem to want to spend 6 naked hours with a Trandoshan). Meanwhile, the droids go in and start spraying and a thick green mist can be seen seeping out of the hatchway.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-01-10 at 05:19 PM.