New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

Corran

Corran exits the building and is forced to wait nearly a minute before he can safely cross the busy street to the information kiosk. While waiting, he sees Kaff and Trill exit the spaceport, walk up to the kiosk and then head off down the street to his right(north).

When Corran crosses to the kiosk, they are a little more than 40 meter north. Corran checks out the kiosk. While standing there a dark blue speeder zooms up and stops on the sidewalk, forcing a pair of Bothans to leap out of the way. A human youth, maybe 20 years old, wearing a blast vest and no helmet hops out of the speeder. He draws a blaster and in his other hand has a small holo projector. He clicks it and it makes a small holo projection(about 10cm tall). It is hard to tell from across the street, but the projection could be of Corran.

The black haired youth looks more like a local ganger than a professional bounty hunter, but even bounty hunters have to start somewhere. The youth is standing at the entrance to the comm-center watching people enter and exit. He is about 30 meters away.

Kaff and Trill

The kiosk indicates that an appropriate grocery store is 2 blocks north. They start walking that way.

Daine

Daine hooks up the fuel lines and engages the pumps which roar to life. After watching for a moment, he see the fuel indicator moving. He checks the auto-cutoff and then hears a pair of blasters firing.

Less than a minute later, Daine finds himself waking up with a pounding headache. When he moves to rub his aching head he discovers his hands and feet are restrained in binders.

Twisting he just manages to catch movement as someone enters the ship.

Spoiler
    Show

DC 18 Fort Save: 1D20 = [2] = 2, 1D20 = [18] = 18

Escape Artist DC 30 to escape binds. 1 minute per attempt, you can take a 10 or 20.

Kera

After she changes into fresh clean cloths which Trill had already refreshed she looks around for Daine. Not seeing him outside, she heads back into engineering where the sounds of the power generators drown out much else. When she doesn't see him she turns around and finds a human youth, about 17 or 18 years old. He wields a heavy blaster and then, before she can react, or even fully turn around, he squeezes off a round.

When she wakes up, she is still in engineering, but now with a wicked headache. She struggles to stand and finds that her hands and feet are bound with binders. Twisting around she can see the youth going through the supplies in the common area, tossing occasional things into a large duffle bag.

When she initially struggles against the binder cuffs, she finds that her right arm is damaged somehow. Perhaps broken, perhaps out of joint, but whatever the damage, it really really hurts.

Spoiler
    Show

DC 18 Fort Save: 1D20+3 = [10]+3 = 13

Escape Artist DC 30 to escape binds. 1 minute per attempt, you can take a 10. Attempts inflict 1WP more damage and may cause KO.

Broken Arm - 6 WP damage(-10 to actions using it). Once WP healed the bone is 'set' and the penalty drops to -2 for the next month.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Bugbear in the Playground

While at the information kiosk he look for information on place to get loans from he also look to see what job postings that are available, once he see the kid he realize there is no time like the present to confront his past, Corran nursling's his rifle form his shoulder and double checks to see if its has a charge, Corran also realize that he is still holding his helmet he's just about to drop it on when he calls out, Hey Kid you looking for me? Once the kid has had a good look, Corran drops the helmet in place and raise and aims his rifle at the Kid and says, I got you covered Kid drop your weapon and surrender.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-01-20 at 11:30 AM.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

3. - Top - End - #1263

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine immediate yells out "KERA! SOMEONE'S COMING IN!" as he struggles fruitlessly against the binders.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not exactly much he can do with a +2 escape artist check.... Yay for laying helpless on the tarmack...
    Last edited by Santanya; 2008-01-20 at 11:55 AM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ogre in the Playground

Corran

Corran hollers over at the kid with the gun and holo-projector. The kids glances around a little, but clearly didn't really hear Corran over the sounds of the city and the various speeders which are passing between the two at high speeds.

Corran drops his helmet and takes aim on the kid and several pedestrians scream and quite a few turn and run. One sprints across traffic, causing an accident. The kid turns to look at the accident and only then notices Corran and his blaster rifle. The kid squints as if not quite able to tell if Corran is the person he is interested in. His eyes suddenly go wide and he drops the holo-projector to the ground. The projection winks out as the kid raises his gun at Corran. The kid seems to say something, but the roar of the speeders and the yelling associated with the accident make it nearly impossible to tell what he said.

Kaff and Trill

Still walking north, the accident, running and screaming, cause Kaff and Trill to stop and watch. From their vantage point they can clearly see the accident and a kid in front of the comm-center with a blaster pistol out.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

When she wakes up, Kera doesn't just have a headache, and serious pain in her arm, she's pissed off. Really, really pissed off. Taking in her situation, she keeps her mouth shut. Briefly. During that short span of time, she takes a few ragged breaths, looking to enhance her calm while she tries to figure out how to get herself out of this mess. She can't see Daine, so he must be in a similar position...yes, that's it. He's still alive and just tied up and maybe hurt. And if he's not, someone better kill me, or I'm going to rip this kid's f---ing heart out and eat it for breakfast.

She gives a bare hint of effort at testing the bindings, but the pain in her arm is just too much to push it. "Hey," she croaks out at the kid, clenching her jaw through the pain, "you're stealing from this ship? This bucket of bolts ain't got much to give. Not even paid off yet. We must have the worst luck in the galaxy, too, with the plague our last load of passengers brought on board. Some kind of fungus that all but killed half the fares. Ship's not fully cleaned from it yet."

6. - Top - End - #1266

With one arm keeping the rifle steady and ready to fire, with his other air he motions to the kid that he can't hear him, Corran also motion that the kid drop his weapon, after all Corran had the advantage with his rifles 40 m range compared to pistol witch ranged from 6 to 12 m depending on the make.

Character links

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ogre in the Playground

Corran

The kid, unfamiliar with tactical non-verbal communications decides to just drop prone instead of dropping his weapon. This action put the teenager totally out of view behinds a 1 meter in diameter and 1/2 meter tall pot of blue and yellow flowers.

Kaff and Trill

The teenager with the blaster suddenly drops prone and seems to cover his head as if anticipating something. After several seconds, whatever the kid was expecting still hasn't happened yet.

Daine

Your warning shouts don't yield any response.

Kera

The teenager leans his head back into view and says something under his breath which, over the noise of the generators, you can't hear. He does however point the blaster at you and fire. The blaster is still set to stun, so, at this range, it doesn't hurt you, just gives you a strange pins and needles type of sensation.

He then takes the dufflebag and move out of the common area and into one of the crew cabins.

8. - Top - End - #1268

Holding His weapon steady and trained on the spot the kid at Corran begins to move forward until the kids insight again, if he's close enough to hear Corran say, Kid throw out your weapon and surrender i have you covered.

Character links

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kid, I've seen you. There is no place far enough. Kera just lies there, head on the floor, thinking about all the things she'd really like to do to this punk who took her by surprise. It is, at least, distracting her from the pain. The one other thing she can do is look around. It's possible that there's something sharp around she could use to cut these damn bindings. Too bad there's no way to seal the ship from here, keep this little wipe from getting away with their stuff. Kaff has the datapad, so he could open it back up when he gets back. Or she could when she beats the crap out of this little s---. First things first.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure what kind of check you want for 'looking for something sharp she can cut her bindings on', so I present a vanilla d20 roll: 19

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Ogre in the Playground

Corran

Corran eases across traffic. The nearby lane is stopped due to the accident, so that is easy. The far lane(the lane closest to the kid), is still going at full speed. The drivers are all looking at the accident. Corran scoots across the lane and is barely clipped by a bright green and orange landspeeder(1 VP damage).

Corran moves around to get LOS on the teenager calling out his commands. The youth isn't actually holding the weapon anymore, but it lies beside the him on the sidewalk. Several pedestrians were standing around looking at the kid, but when Corran approaches with his rifle, the scatter, fleeing the scene.

Kaff and Trill

Looks like someone from the spaceport crossed the traffic with a blaster rifle aimed at that poor teenager. It almost looks like.... Corran. Yeah, it must be, who else would wear that strange wooden armor.

Kera

Twisting around, Kera sees she is in the engineering area. It looks like the kid went through Daine's tools and equipment rather quickly, leaving most of the containers and boxes open. Of course, it could have been Daine or Nate that left everything a mess too.

If you could stand up, there would probably be quite a few tools available, a few of which might actually cut through the binder cuffs.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-01-21 at 09:19 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1271

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine squrms against the cuffs attempting to get free. He rolls to the side attempting to knock open his tool kit and dump its contents to get something to help free himself.

After a minute of trying, Daine starts rolling towards the door of the hanger out to the street, still yelling for help.

Spoiler
    Show

Escape artist checks: 13, 14
    Last edited by Santanya; 2008-01-21 at 11:01 AM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Figures. Kera squirms her way over to the closest wall. She uses her left shoulder to get to her knees and stand up as best she can as close to the tools she thinks might help as possible. Hopping a little if she needs to get to them, she does whatever it takes to knock a couple to the floor, then drops back down to the floor and starts trying to get to work on freeing her legs first.
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2008-01-21 at 02:05 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1273

OK Kid get up slowly and leave the weapon where it is, then back up two passe and stop. once the kid follow his command Corran move forward with weapon trained on the kid, with the weapon still pointed at the kid Corran quickly bends down and picks up the Kid's and holodisk if it's nearby, once the kid's weapon is in hand he points it at the kid and lowers his rifle and one handed sling's it over his shoulder, with that Corran shifts the pistol into his gun hand, Corran moves toward the kids speeder as he dose he says, OK Kid get over here and get in the speeder were going to go for a ride.

Character links

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ogre in the Playground

Corran

Upon hearing your command, the kid peeks out from behind his hand and says, "I didn't do nuffin! Don't kill me!" He pushes himself up to his knees and shuffles back a bit saying, "I ain't got nuffin, why don't you go mug someone else?"

When you suggest getting into the speeder, the teenager says, "What? You're going to steal my speeder too?" He looks around in panic, hopeful he'll see someone in the crowd to help, then says, "Aw, where's a stormtrooper when you need one? HELP!"

Holoprojector in hand, you prod the kid into the speeder with you.

Kaff and Trill

You can see Corran pick up some stuff off the ground and then kidnaps the teenager at gunpoint, getting into a speeder with the teen and preparing to drive off.

Kera

After taking a minute to struggle to her feet, Kera searches around Daine equipment desk and tool drawers, opening the drawer with her teeth and eventually using her face to knock some promising tools off the table to the floor where she'll be able to pick them up. Of course, the darn hydrospanner, drops right on her toe. *wham*

She then slumps back down and starts trying to work the cuffs off her feet, which she discovers is quite difficult with her hands behind her back.

Daine

Daine begins rolling and yelling for help. As he slowly approaches the hatchway he finds that it doesn't open onto the street but instead opens out into a long hallway with a turbolift at the far end. After several minutes he ends up rolling through a puddle of hydraulic drippings leaving a reddish-black patch nearly 1/3 of a meter in diameter on his chest. As he keeps rolling, it leaves secondary prints on the tarmac.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-01-23 at 06:26 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1275

Shut up now kid, the Meat Cans Can't help you, now drive us some where out of sight of prying eyes, then your going to answer some of my questions once I'm satistfied, i'll decide whether you live or Die, now drive or die now! the one good thing about waring a helmet is people cant see the insecurity on your face, especially when your hoping the kid won't call you bluff. As discretely as he can Corran switches the blaster over to stun.

Character links

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Ogre in the Playground

Corran

The teenager fumbles with the security keypad and has to enter the startup code several times before the speeder starts up. He then pulls off the sidewalk and heads north a couple blocks, eventually pulling off the main drag on to a side street and then into an alley behind some sort of grocery store.

Kaff and Trill

Corran and the kid hop in the speeder and drive off towards the north passing you and then turn off a couple blocks ahead. The whole time Corran has his blaster aimed at the teenager.

Kera

As Kera continues to work on her binders, she hears a couple more blaster shots and a bit of yelling. It sounds like the youth found the Doctor and her experiments. Watching the common area while she works on cutting herself free she sees Nate roll by with some dirty rags on his way to the refresher.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Nate," Kera hisses as she sees him roll past. "Drop that stuff, come here, and stay quiet." She stops what she's doing, which is proving ineffective anyway, and waits to see if the droid actually follows her commands.

18. - Top - End - #1278

That's good kid, Now to baseness here are my first set of questions 1. whats your name and occupation, 2. why where you at that comm-center with your blaster upholstered an who where you after, and 3. who tip you off to be there.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-01-22 at 11:33 AM.

Character links

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Kaff curses under his breath. It is against his training and his principals to be stunned by surprise. His old TO used to say, "when surprised, do something! Do anything! Even the wrong thing, the stupid thing! All of that is better than sitting and doing nothing!"

Unfortunately, and much to his own shame, that's exactly what Kaff just did.

He witnessed the whole event and stood doing precisely nothing.

Well, he wasn't going to let this stop him. "Take care of the supplies Trill." He runs to the nearest speeder that is stopped but has someone getting in/out. "I need you to follow that speeder!" He shouts and gets in while pointing toward the speeder with Corran and the kidnap victim.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Ogre in the Playground

Corran

The teenager looks at Corran in a confused way and says, "Baseness? Where are you from? I've been a gardener for 3 years. Planting flowers, shrubs, and such. The ladies call me 'Reeko'. I was checking out the bounty listings over at the data center and yours suddenly updated with a last known position. 2000 credits for a thief. Thats more than I make in a year. I just transfered your picture to my pod and raced over hoping to catch you still inside." The kid motions at the blaster and says, "My brother hit the jackpot at a chance center and bought me a used blaster and paid the 50 credit fee to register me as bounty hunter so I could get some action with the ladies."

Kaff and Trill

Trill says, "Please be careful," and then continues walking towards the grocery. Kaff rushes across traffic looking for a speeder he can hop in. There don't seem to be any obvious choices... then he spots one up a block. Kaff runs full out to get to the speeder in time. He hops in and orders the driver to follow 'that speeder'.

The woman inside, a Duros, looks startled and hits the accelerator before Kaff is fully in his seat. He nearly gets tossed from the vehicle as she accelerates to full speed and then, without slowing down, whips around the corner after the speeder.

She follow and follows and the suddenly stops at the end of the alley that Corran turned down saying, "It is time for you to depart. My speeder will not fit in that alley, and they seem to have stopped."

The speeder with Corran and the kidnap victim have stopped about 15 meters down the alley from Kaff. Corran still points a blaster pistol at the teenager(and has his rifle slung over his shoulder).

Daine

Daine wiggles himself around twisting and pulling and bending until he finally gets his hands under his butt and the a little scootching and he gets them in front of him. Once in front, he can easily stand up and hop over to the computer terminal nearby. Now... who to call?

Kera

Nate rolls back into view and then navigates the common area and rolls up to Kera bumping her head as he rolls to a stop. He then says, very very quietly, "Master, Is this quiet enough? Do you have anymore of these challenging tasks or shall I get back to repairs?"
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-02-02 at 10:14 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Yeah, get these cuffs off my wrists, or at least cut them apart so I can use my hands." She wriggles a little to get the cuffs facing the droid. "Without damaging me any more than I already am. And see about keeping it relatively quiet. Or didn't you notice the punk wandering around in here and taking stuff?"

22. - Top - End - #1282

OK Reeko, today's your lucky day your going to Live, but you going to have a setback take your blast vest off and hand over any spare power packs you have for this blaster. Once Reeko hands over the power packs and the blast vest Corran gets out of the speeder and says, hey kid i have a suggestion if you going to stay in this business i sagest you get your self some tactical training and maybe some courses in private investigations, because one day your going to run into some one not as nice as me and get yourself killed. Corran then pops the power pack out of Reeko blaster and then tosses just the blaster to Reeko, OK Kid get out of here and don't come looking for me again or i won't be as nice as i am now.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-01-22 at 09:14 PM.

Character links

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Ogre in the Playground

Corran and Kaff

The kid hands over his vest, using the quick release velcro type attachment to quickly pop it off. He says, "I don't have any spare packs. One hold 50 shots, I didn't figure I'd have to even fire a single shot, much less 50."

Once Corran is out of the speeder, he zooms off leaving Corran in the alley. At the end of the alley Kaff is waiting in a light blue speeder with a Duros driver.

Kera

Nate opens a small side comparment and then his extendable arm flips out with a nasty looking little saw on the end. He engages the saw and gets to work cutting the binders. The saw does make a fair bit of noise, but you doubt it would be heard over the normal ship noises or the clatter the kid is making as he rummages through the doctor's equipment.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-01-23 at 06:27 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1284

AssassinGuy

(Is it wrong to assume that Daine still has his ever present tool kit on his hip?)

Daine looks at the comm terminal and frowns for a moment. He drops his hands to his tool kit and snaps it open, looking inside for A) any tool that would help him cut the cuffs apart (just so he has both hands or can walk normally, or get them off quicker and B) The holdout blaster from the Imerial tech.

Spoiler
    Show

Would it still be an escape artist check to cut the cuffs on his wrists and ankles (ankles first and more importantly), or would it be computer use like other locks?
    Last edited by Santanya; 2008-01-23 at 01:21 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1285

Seeing Kaff in the speeder Corran with Blast Vest in hand walks up to the speeder side and say, OK, So which is it, where you coming to help me out, should i have need it, or where you going to help out that bumbling Novice of a Bounty hunter, because you thought i kidnapped him.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-01-23 at 10:51 PM.

Character links

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff and Corran

Daine

Daine twists reaching for his tool kit. Arg, just out of reach. Checking for the holdout pistol, he finds it is gone. Okay, tool kit it is. He twists and turns and eventually realizes he probably looks like a Bantha chasing its own tail. Using the computer terminal, he pushes the tool kit into reach. He then begins working on undoing the binder cuffs.

The tools are not exactly perfect for this, but they are better than nothing. Just as he gets the binders off, he hears a noise behind him as a teenage human with a large duffel bag and a blaster pistol. He fire once blasting Daine. The weapon was again set on stun and Daine collapses.

Kera

Eventually the Nate frees her hands, disconnecting the binder, turning it into two bracelets. Using her good hand and Daine's tools, she is able to easily separate the binder on her ankles.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-01-23 at 06:58 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera grabs the nearest tool that seems like it'll hurt. Something heavy. In her left hand. She holds her right close to her body, making an effort to not let it bang into anything. As she starts for the common area, she pulls out her comlink.

To Kaff: "Kaff, we've been hit. Some punkass kid came in and took us by surprise. My arm is broken, and I don't know where Daine is. I'm going after the little sonofabitch now. He's got at least some of our stuff."

"Nate, check on the passenger, make sure she's alive." She says this as she disappears down the stairs. Her immediate goal is to find this damn kid and beat the crap out of him. Without a blaster, that's a touchy thing, but she's hopeful that she can move quietly and quickly enough to get the drop on him. Assuming he's still in the bay.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intention is to try to sneak up behind the kid before he can get out of the bay and whack him in the head with the heavy tool. if I thought there was a chance she could hit by throwing said tool, I'd suggest that, but she's at -4 to hit because of the off-hand penalty.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff and Corran

... {waiting on Kaff}

Kera and Daine

Kera with a hyperdrive transinverter bolt wrench in hand, heads out after the teenager after giving her orders to Nate. Nate replies, "I am not programmed for medical examinations, but I will ask the passenger if she is alive."

Kera sweeps the ship quickly and then heads out to the hangar bay. She finds Daine just regaining his feet after being stunned again. Looking out through the open hanger bay doors, she can see the turbolift doors just sliding shut(probably with the kid inside). The indicator shows the turbolift heading down(towards ground level).

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

A bit surprised at the Duro's willingness to help him, Kaff doesn't look a gift horse in the mouth. When she drops him at the end of the alley, he quickly gets out and thanks her.

Then he sees Corran moving toward him and Kaff snaps up his rifle. "OK, So which is it, where you coming to help me out, should i have need it, or where you going to help out that bumbling Novice of a Bounty hunter, because you thought i kidnapped him."

"A little of both actually." Kaff replies keeping his tone and his rifle level, "what could you have done in the last hour to have you wanted by bounty hunters?"

30. - Top - End - #1290

Actually it's about what happened to me two years ago the company i was shipping for blames me for the loss although they recovered most of it the they thought i stole the rest so they put a 2,000 credit bounty on my head until i pay them 97,000 Credits up front and in one payment, apparently while i was trying to explain what happened to me the Little slimy hut'uun of a manager, updated my sheet with my last know where abouts. so the bumbling Novice thought he could catch me unaware, the Fracking idiot doesn't even have any tactical training, he got his license because he thought it would be easy to do instead he almost got himself killed.,says Corran
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-01-25 at 04:25 PM.

Character links