New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

Kera

"I'll call Nate to get the cuffs off. I'm going to ^&$% that little prick up." Kera calls it out as she hesitates for just a moment in her pursuit of her prey. Daine's clearly alive, though, and definitely not any more hurt than she is, so she keeps going.

She checks for a second turbolift. Since there isn't one, just a freight elevator, she whacks the call button for it, sprints to the turbolift and hits the call button for that, then hovers halfway between until one of them opens. While she waits, she hits the comlink again.

To Nate: "Nate, exit the ship and assist Daine."

To Kaff: "He's leaving the dock. Get your ass back here and help me take this little mother^&$%er down." She relays a description of the kid, as specific as she can give based upon what she saw. "He has a bag full of our stuff and at least one blaster. Probably more than one."
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2008-01-25 at 07:57 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Listening to Corran, Kaff's natural suspicion erodes away. It seems plausible and he doesn't seem to show any of the well known lying symptoms.

"Alright, it seems that . . ."

Suddenly, his helmet com sounds and he hears Kera's voice. His blood seems to turn to ice and his suspicion returns. "The Mule's just been robbed! Quick, back to the starport, the thug's got a bunch of our stuff."

As Kaff begins to move, he watches Corran closely. His story and actions could have been just a diversion to draw attention away from the ship while his associates robbed it. In fact, he could have staged his whole rescue to check out the security of the ship that rescues him and then brief the thieves that rob it.

'Or he could be just what he seems and you could be paranoid.'
    Kaff thought as he ran toward the starport looking for someone carrying away a bunch of the Mule's belongings.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff hustles the 40 meters or so to the street corner where he'll be able to see both Corran and the exit of the spaceport(which is across the street and down 2 blocks).

Nothing seems out of the ordinary from here. Its about 150 meters to the entrance of the spaceport. Traffic headed in that direction is backed up by the speeder collision, but traffic in the other direction is moving okay.

Between Kaff and the spaceport entrance there are probably 30 pedestrians walking to and fro on either side of the main street.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Bugbear in the Playground

Corran is caught off guard by Kaff sudden statement and run for the street corner, Corran Finale replays, Ok give me a second and i'll catch up to you, although he feels some loyalty to the Crew that saved him, Right now he has a more important concern for himself, he know by now that people have no doubt reported the incident to the authorities, knowing that they'll be looking for his old wood armor. Corran puts down the bag carrying his thing including his folded up droid, he then as quickly as possible strips out of his armor and in to his last pair of coveralls, he then puts the stolen blast vest over the coveralls. with that he collects all the piece of his armour and straps them together and puts them in the bag, once that's done, he gathers his things and joins Kaff at the street corner and asks, Any idea who did this, or what they look like.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-01-30 at 12:05 PM.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

5. - Top - End - #1295

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine frowns, still shaking off being blasted twice with no warning, but follows Kera. "Careful," he says, snaking his hand out as he runs past her to the lift the robber took and kneels down in front of the console for it. "Lets see if we can't slow him down," he says as he starts trying to find a way to access it and see if there's any way to stop/recall the turbolift.

Spoiler
    Show

Computer Use:1D20+14 = [4]+14 = 18
    Last edited by Santanya; 2008-01-30 at 11:04 AM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Ogre in the Playground

Nate and Kera and Daine

Daine opens the panel on the turbolift and starts to work as Nate rolls up. The droids head rolls around to intently watch what Daine is doing and then says, "I have been ordered to assist you." Nates main eye zooms in on Daines hand and flips back and forth between watching his hands and his face and finally the droid adds, "I am unable to determine what you hope to accomplish by accessing this panel. Perhaps if you explained your objectives, I might be able to put my resources to greater use."

Daine finally gets access to the status and controls of the turbolift in question. It is currently on its way up from the ground level. The call orders show that it will stop on level three before coming up to level 4(where you seem to be).

Kera listens and watches but neither the turbolift nor the freight elevator open for a good 45 seconds. Then the turbolift arrives, empty.

Kaff and Corran

Corran quickly strips off his armor, breaking several straps made of woven grass. He quickly slips into the blast vest and runs to catch Kaff. Just after he catches up, there is a break in the traffic and they are able to cross the main street. Once across and on the same side as the spaceport they carefully watch anyone exiting and quickly and discretely close the distance to the entrance.

Nearly there, only 20 meters to go, a kid meeting the description Kera provided strides out of the spaceport. He wears a blaster on his hip and carries a large lumpy, overfull duffel bag on his shoulder. His pace suggests he is in a hurry, but isn't quite willing to run.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Nate, never mind. Go back to the ship and watch over the doctor."
    Kera gets herself into the turbolift as quickly as possible, nodding to Daine to get them moving as soon as she's inside it. Muttering uncharitable things in Rodian now, she does what she can to keep her broken arm in tight to her own body while hefting the wrench over her shoulder with the other.

She pauses in her muttering long enough to say, "that punk is not walking away."

8. - Top - End - #1298

As Corran moves along side Kaff, He again un-slings his rifle and keeps it ready, Once he see the suspect Kid he raise his rifle up to his shoulder and points it at the kid and yells at the top of his lungs, freeze scumbag!!

Character links

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ogre in the Playground

Nate and Kera and Daine

At Kera's new command, Nate's body rotates around and speeds off, the main eye and top dome remain watching Kera and Daine enter the turbolift.

Kaff and Corran

When Corran yells at the kid, the kid drops the duffel, draws his pistol and takes a knee behind the duffel bag. The kid takes aim with his blaster pistol, his other hand steadies his aim.

The kid watches Kaff and Corran for several seconds when it becomes obvious that the kid keep glancing to the side, off into the street. At about that moment, the high pitched whine of a racing speeder can be heard behind and to the left of Kaff and Corran.

10. - Top - End - #1300

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine grumbles darkly about the kids escape as he enters the turbolift with Kera. He looks at her a moment and frowns. "What's wrong with your arm?" he asks, tilting his head slightly.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"It's broken," Kera replies matter-of-factly. "Can't this thing go faster?" She taps a foot impatiently and adjusts her grip on the wrench a couple of times.

12. - Top - End - #1302

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine frowns, looking at her for a few moments. "Sure, give me the wrench," he says, holding out his hand. "I'll disable the breaks and put it into a freefall." He grins slightly, still holding out his hand, his eyes still glancing down towards her arm a few times.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera gives a snort. "Only place this wrench is going is into that little punk's brains. You can have it after that. Blood and gore free of charge."

14. - Top - End - #1304

Corran tenses when the kid drew his weapon and for a moment Corran doesn't do a thing, but as soon as he realize the kid has friends on the way he opens fire on the kid.

initiative: (1d20+3=18)
    Attack: (1d20+4=21)
    Damage: (3d6=5)

Character links

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Noticing the kid dropping the duffel, Kaff too will aim at him but won't fire until the kid does (hold action). He will yell, "give it up kid! I don't want to kill you and you don't want to be dead!"

If the kid fires, Kaff will shoot back.
    Attack
    (1d20)[13]+6
    Damage
    (3d8)[11]

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Ogre in the Playground

The kid holds his fire and holds his fire, just watching. Kaff readies himself to return fire. Suddenly, the people nearby become aware of the impending blaster duel and run out of the way.

The turbolift Kera and Daine are in opens leaving them looking at the large courtyard/plaza sort of area from which all of the various spaceport pods branch. The far side of the plaza is the exit to the street. Near the exit to the street are parked several speeder bikes and two open-top speeders.

At the exit to the street, kneeling beside a duffel bag is the kid. He is looking off to the side, and pointing his blaster off to the side, at something down the street. He is about 45-50 meters away.

The sudden flurry of motion(from people fleeing the impending blaster battle) is accented by a dark blue speeder(with a bright yellow stripe), swerving off the main road and onto the sidewalk. A passenger in the rear of the speeder fires a small grapple gun which hooks the duffel bag.

Corran, not wanting to wait any longer, fires at the kid, but his blaster fires isn't really that close and he misses. The kid ducks and fires back at the two men before rushing over towards the speeder and diving into the back. The kids shot isn't much closer than Corran's was. Kaff, who dislikes being fired at, shoots back at the kid as he is diving into the speeder. His shot clips the speeder instead of the kid and deflects up into the sky.

Initiative :
    Spoiler
    Show

Kid : 13
    Kaff : 7+3=10
    Corran : 1+3=4
    Speeder : 9

Map

FYI :
    I don't allow cheating Free Rerolls in this game.
    initiative: (1d20+3=4)
    initiative: (1d20+3=18)
    Attack: (1d20+4=9)
    Attack: (1d20+4=21)
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-02-02 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Added Map

17. - Top - End - #1307

Quote Originally Posted by lawful_evil View Post
    FYI :
    I don't allow cheating Free Rerolls in this game.
    ((Sorry about that, here are two different actions you choose witch one he dose. and i'll under stand if you want me out.))

Once the kid makes it into the speeder Corran Changes position and runs in to the street into the speeder projected as if daring the speeder driver to hit him.

Or

Suddenly for no reason Corran drops his rifle and pull his blaster pistol and puts it up to his head and pulls the trigger

Corran drops down on one knee and takes aim and fires at the speeders engine compartment hopping to disable it.

Attack (1d20+4=12)
    Damage (3d6=12)
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-02-02 at 09:35 PM.

Character links

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

The scene takes Kera a few moments to actually grasp. Then she starts running for the getaway speeder.

By comlink, to Kaff: "Go for the driver. I don't have a gun. Tell Trill to get back to the ship."

{
    Init: 13
    Run x4 in a straight line
    }
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2008-02-02 at 01:36 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1309

AssassinGuy

Daine

Seeing the duffle bag and encounter, Daine sprints towards it.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: 20

Gee, sure would be nice to have some GRENADES wouldn't it? Or the hold out pistol that was in Daine's tool kit... or the other blaster...

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Hearing Kera Kaff is more than happy to fire at the speeder driver.

Attack
    (1d20)[7]+6
    Damage
    (3d8)[16]

Upon hearing her 'strongly suggest' to talk to Trill, Kaff thinks to himself, 'and how am I supposed to do that while I'm busy shooting at a speeder full of people who will happily kill me for the stuff they just stole?'

He decides to ignore that part and lines up his next shot.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ogre in the Playground

Daine and Kera run the hot angry winds of plateau region on Marfik Prime, closing the vast distance with the speeder.

The teenage thief straightens himself out and climbs into the front seat, blaster in hand. Kaff fires at the driver, but the shot misses, passing between the driver and the passenger.

The driver, not wanting to get blaster, guns the engine and accelerate forward up and through the flower beds. Corran fires at vehicle as it speeds off and manages to hit something, sending a puff of smoke out of the engine, but the vehicle doesn't stop.

The gunner is nearly tossed out of the speeder when it accelerated away and into the flower bed. He hits the button to reel in the duffel bag and then sits down and pulls out his blaster pistol.

The various pedestrians nearby scatter and flee the immediate area, most also scream, but a few just run.

Updated Map

Initiative :
    Spoiler
    Show

Daine : 20
    Kera : 13
    Kaff : 10
    Driver / Speeder : 9
    Corran : 4
    Gunner : 3

Tally :
    Spoiler
    Show

Speeder : Hull(18/25)
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-02-03 at 08:57 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1312

As quickly as he can Corran fires two more shots at the sppeder.

Attack: (1d20+4=22, 1d20+4=18)
    Damage: (3d6=10, 3d6=18)

Character links

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

The effort of running is now keeping Kera's mouth shut, but that doesn't mean she isn't swearing on the inside, and thinking about the assorted things she'd like to inflict upon these jerks.

Spoiler
    Show
    My kingdom for a blaster!
    Move only, looking to end up next to the speeder just to the south of our target one, just in case a speeder-jacking is called for.

I've got a wrench, and I'm not afraid to use it. I'm a pilot on the edge.

24. - Top - End - #1314

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine runs forward. Only getting as far as he can, he does what he can, dives and grabs the duffle bag of stuff and tries to brace his feet as to pull it away from the person reeling it it.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Kaff also sees the benefit of shooting as much as possible and flicks the selector on his blast rifle to multifire. He lines up the driver and fires.

Attack
    (1d20)[14]+2
    (1d20)[12]+2

Damage
    (3d8)[6]
    (3d8)[8]

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ogre in the Playground

Bespin Spaceport Shootout Round 3

Daine rushes forward an lunges at the bag being dragged behind the speeder as it is being automatically reeled in by the grapple gun. Daine is dragged along a bit as he struggles against the machine.

Kera, having lost hope that the speeder will be stopped rushes towards the traffic heading in that direction, hopeful she can find something nice to speederjack.

The kid, dissatisfied with the damage the speeder is taking, fires his blaster at Kaff. The first shot was a clean miss, but the second shot was close, nearly clipping Kaff's head, but, rolling with the blow, he turned away at the last moment(take 6 VP damage). Kaff fires back at the driver and manages to clip him with the first of two shots, but doesn't cause much damage besides a burned shirt.

The driver, guns the speeder which starts to really move(speed 100m/rnd). As it zooms off, a trio of stormtroopers exit the spaceport command center, rushing towards the entrance to deal with the outlaws. The sudden acceleration of the speeder, rips the duffel bag from Daine's arms and yanks him forward knocking him onto his back in a bed of crushed yellow flowers.

The traffic breaks hard and swerves to miss the speeder, but doesn't stop.

Corran fires speeder as it passes by. His two shots both strike and the speeder's repulsorlift dies, dropping the vehicles to the pavement. After skidding a few meters, it grinds to a halt. After a momentary bit of confusion, the gunner turns and fires his blaster at Corran and climbs out of the crashed speeder. The shot, which would have been fatal, had Corran not fallen backwards onto his backside, simply scorches Corran's pant leg instead of killing him(takes 14 VP damage).

Once their speeder crashed to the ground, the rest of the traffic, having already slowed down earlier, stops altogether, not wanting to get involved in the gun battle.

Updated Map

Initiative :
    Spoiler
    Show

Daine : 20
    Kera : 13
    Kaff : 10
    Driver / Speeder : 9
    Stormtroopers : 5
    Corran : 4
    Gunner : 3

Tally :
    Spoiler
    Show

Speeder : Hull(0/25)
    Driver : VP=21/27, WP=14/14
    Kid : ?
    Gunner : ?
    Kaff : VP=16/22, WP=14/14
    Corran : VP=2/16, WP=12/12
    Kera : VP=19/19, WP=4/10
    Daine : VP=12/12, WP=11/11

27. - Top - End - #1317

Getting to his feet Corran Grimaced from the pain of the blaster burn, he then moves forward to (Y-30) as he dose he fire one very badly aimed shot at the gunner.

Attack: (1d20+4=5)

Character links

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Great. Perfect. Just what we need. Impies. 'No, officer, I have no idea how those Imperial Stormtrooper blaster rifles ended up in our stuff.' Kera gives just a light groan as she slows down and decides to be the first one to offer her version to the troopers. She takes a moment to get her breath back.

"Officer, help! They attacked and robbed us!" She points to the downed speeder with the wrench and walks, getting about to where Daine was.

29. - Top - End - #1319

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine winces, laying in the flower bed. Lets see, they've stolen our stuff, took every weapon we had access to, and now there's a firefight over my head. Its kind of nice here. he thinks to himself, laying as much in cover as he can from either side flinging blaster fire back and forth.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Orc in the Playground

Kaff

Seeing the speeder stop, Kaff runs across the road (to W31) and fires another shot at the Bothan with the Grapple gun.

Attack
    (1d20)[14]+6
    Damage
    (3d8)[19]