New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

Kera

"Your ass hits my chair and I'll whack you with my cast then throw you out the airlock." Kera takes a step, grabbing the railing for a little support. Through gritted teeth, she says, "But, I guess...you can...back me up as co-pilot. Just until I can get some rest or something." The grudging admission of the weakness that is threatening to overtake her is all that she offers as she takes the stairs with none of her usual bounce or cheer.

"Nate, get your metal self up to the bridge so you can do your damn job!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if anything else will happen prior to needing this...
    Kera will take 10 on any pilot checks that might need to be made, netting a grand total of: 10! *sigh*
    Should anything happen that requires more finesse or skill than that, she will probably have to hand over control, along with a lot of angry thought bubbles, to Corran.
    Astrogate to Caroline: (1d20+14)[15]

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Bugbear in the Playground

Corran follows Kira up the latter to the cockpit Corran sits himself at the copilots station. and quickly fimelrize himself with the controls. Once he done that he'll help Kira out.

Spoiler
    Show

Corran will also take 10 on any pilot checks plus a +10 modifier for a total of 20

Astrogate: (1d20+7=24)
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-02-23 at 10:32 PM.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ogre in the Playground

Nate rolls over and using his extendable arm, pulls himself up to the bridge, loud metal *thumps* issuing from his metallic form. Nate says, "As my master has requested, I am on the bridge doing my job. Ah, astrogation. It certainly appears you need my help. Please allow me to correct some of these errors."

Nate works his magic on some of the astrogation calculations while Kera launches the ship and brings them into orbit. Once clear of the planetary interference Kera finds that the Pilot Challenge is still underway. Also, that there seems to have been a noticeable increase in the number of starships arriving and moving to land.

Corran, Kera, and Nate enter the coordinates into the jump computer and hit the button. The computer makes a *Ant Ant * sort of sound and the display shows, "Invalid coordinates, Jump Impossible." Nate then says, "Very astute. There still seem to be a number of errors in the initial route you planned. Perhaps if we could take a bit more time to correct them all, the jump will be valid."
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"I said 'do your job', not 'provide commentary'," Kera snaps at the droid. She glares at the console. After just a few moments of that, though, she scraps what she had and starts over again.

{Take 10 on Astrogate for 24.}

5. - Top - End - #1355

Corran trying not to laugh at the droids comments. Corran then scraps his own calculations and starts then over, once hes done doing the calculation Corran says, Are you sure you don't want me to take a look at Nate to see what i can repair.

Character links

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Ogre in the Playground

Nate simply beeps in Binary at Kera and Corran then gets back to the astrogation calculations.

Kera, more aware of the situation and pain, plots a new course and with the help of Corran and Nate, selects a good one, or a better one anyway. The planned route shows as just over 3 hours.

She engages the hyperdrive and engages it. The ion drives disengage and the hyperdrive fires up.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

7. - Top - End - #1357

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine quickly follows Kera up, moving and sitting down at the sensors station and strapping himself in. He sits quietly, listening to the others and knowing when to keep his mouth shut over the whole situation. "That's ok," he says, frowning slightly towards the droid. "He and I can spend a little time together," he says, looking towards the droid. "Not a terrible thing to have a personality in a droid, its better than one that just sits there, dome mounted to the wall at least," he says, raising an eye brow at the droid for a moment before looking back to the sensor grid.

As they enter hyperspace he stands up, stretching slightly and looking towards Kera. "I'll be below with Nate," he says, tapping the droid on the dome a couple times with a knuckle before starting down the ladder. "Come on bolt head," he says, heading towards engineering.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"One of these days, I'm gonna learn binary." Kera grumbles it and glares out at the stars whizzing by. She continues to grumble in a mumbling sort of way. "Stupid punk-ass kid has to come and mess with us. Stupid captain has to get messed up. Stupid passengers have to bring on a plague." She then speaks up in a normal voice, crossing her arms over her chest as best she can. "I am never doing any job that involves going to Bespin, ever again. Never, ever, ever, never. I don't care how much they offer to pay or how innocent a cargo it is. Not going to happen."

She turns her head, still scowling, to look at Corran. "You're gonna have to come up with a plan to avoid getting noticed. I do not want to tangle with bounty hunters."

9. - Top - End - #1359

I know, and i think i have a idea, would you mind if we made a run to the Mandalore, i could buy a Mando' helmet from one of there Armour smiths.

Character links

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ogre in the Playground

Not recognizing the name 'bolt head', Nate ignores Daine and turns to Kera and says, "I am unable to continue doing my job here, I must return to the engineering area where I have access to the appropriate tools." Without further ado, Nate turns and rolls over to the ladder and lowers himself down with a loud metallic thump.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera just blinks at Corran a couple of times. She's pretty sure she knows where 'the Mandalore' refers to. "You want to go halfway across the frigging galaxy to buy a helmet that you don't even have any money for? Are you nuts?" After redirecting her glare back out at space, she says, "For clarification, that roughly translates to: yeah, I mind a little. We have to pay for the fuel to get there. As you are, I'm sure, keenly aware, fuel ain't free. We aren't going to the core from out here without someone paying us to. Aside from that, we aren't making a run anywhere without a job of some kind included unless it's really short, like this one. We can't afford to waste our time doing whatever for nothing."

12. - Top - End - #1362

Slightly red faced Corran says, Sorry Captain its been a wile since I've had to think of where plants are in relationship to each other. i guess i could regrow the beard and maybe see about getting a false ID.

Character links

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

In far too grumpy a mood to actually provide constructive advice, Kera just glares out the window. After a minute or so, "Tell the doc it'll be about three hours." Then she goes silent again, still glaring.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ogre in the Playground

Nate finds his way to engineering where he continue to work on repairing his damaged programming and damaged circuits.

Once the ship is in hyperspace, Trill brings a tray of food up to Kera. "Good, you are resting. Please eat. You'll need you strength to get well." Seeing her expression, Trill offers, "Can I make you something special to drink?"
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-02-26 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Fix interaction

15. - Top - End - #1365

Yes, captain, Corran gets up and descends the ladder and heads strate to the good doctor room he knocks on the door and once she responds he tell her that the arrival time is in three hours. Corran then heads back to the bridge Once on the bridge Corran says, Captain are you ready for me to work on that Aim of yours.

Character links

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Thanks, Trill." She doesn't sound very thankful, but she does unclench enough to actually eat something. "No, I'm good. I don't need anything special."

When Corran gets back, she gives him a quirked eyebrow. "If that's an obtuse way of referring to my arm, sure, you can look at it if you want." She holds the appendage encased in Quickcrete out for him.

17. - Top - End - #1367

Corran Close his eyes and places his hand on her Arm As he stretches out into the force to try to heal her.

((Spends 1 VP to heal VP or 2 for WP
    Heal Another (1d20+3)[17]
    VP (1d4+1)[5]
    if roll is high enough.
    VP (1d6+2)[7]
    WP (1d4+1)[3]))
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-02-26 at 07:27 PM.

Character links

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera watches Corran skeptically, feeling very little and not terribly impressed by his efforts. "Is this some sort of jedi trick for trying to cop a feel with the force? You can give up on that line of thinking right now. Not interested."

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Ogre in the Playground

Once Kera stops eating, Trill grabs the tray to take it back and clean up. He pauses and asks Corran, "There is more... if you want it." Trill then climbs down the ladder with the food tray.

{{ Was Corran going to try again? Got lots more VP to spend... You'll get back 9 VP over the course of hyperspace, so you might as well spend that much. You'll be at full power when we land.}}

20. - Top - End - #1370

Thank you Trill yes' i'll have some and can you add a pot of caf to the tray, says Corran, Over the next couple hours Corran tries several times to heal Kera. after each attempt he eats and drinks some more.

Heal Another (1d20+3=5, 1d20+3=17, 1d20+3=12, 1d20+3=20)

WP (1d4+1)[4]
    WP (1d4+1)[5]
    WP (1d4+1)[4]
    WP (1d4+1)[5]
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-02-29 at 08:38 AM.

Character links

21. - Top - End - #1371

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine stops Nate in the Engineering Alcove. "Let's try to get some work done on you to improve your general disposition," he says, grinning slightly at the bot. He pauses to gather some tools, then gets to work on Nate.

Spoiler
    Show

Repair: 1D20+16 = [16]+16 = 32
    Focusing on that oh so important Charisma score.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

The grumpy slowly drains away. Kera can really only a keep a good, solid angry up for a little while before it becomes too much of an effort. She slumps in her seat some, putting her feet up carefully on the console so they don't accidentally hit some button or lever. The view is mesmerizing in a way, and she kind of just slides into a zen sort of state. Whatever Corran is trying to do every so often, it doesn't make any difference, as she can't feel a damn thing.

Until it finally works. "Whoa." She snaps out of her zombified glaze to blink several times and look at Corran. "Okay, that, whatever that was, I felt it." She flexes her fingers some. "Still hurts, but less. Nice."

{WP: 6/10}
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2008-02-29 at 02:06 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1373

After finally having secessed Corran slumps in his chair exhausted, your welcome it's the least i could do, but well have to try again tomorrow I'm exhausted this take a lot out of me.

Character links

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ogre in the Playground

Trill brings up the food and brown caffeine liquid as Corran slumps into one of the seats on the bridge. Trill offers it and whispers to him, "Maybe you should come down to the galley and let her be. If you are tired, I can make up one of the crew quarters for you."

Regardless of whether Corran follows, Trill heads back downstairs and continues the long tedious process of sanitizing everything that was exposed to the chemical treatment.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Ogre in the Playground

Everyone rests for the remainder of the journey, except Daine, who works on Nate, but for Daine, that is relaxing. Nate and the trip computer let everyone know several minutes before the ship drops out of hyperspace in the Caroline system.

... { anyone need to do anything }

When the ship finally drops back into normal space, the bridge crew is nearly blinded by the massive white star at the center of the Caroline system. Caroline I is a small lava cover planet in close orbit around the star and is totally devoid of life. Caroline II, is a medium sized planet that appears a whitish pink color from space. The entire surface is a massive salt flat, except for a few rocky spires near the equator. All humanoid life on Caroline is imported, that is, there are no indigenous humanoid lifeforms.

When the ship drops out of hyperspace, the doctor pokes her head out from her room and provides Corran with a set of landing coordinates. Aside from the brightness of the place, the only real hazard during landing is the landing. With no features at all, it is nearly impossible to tell, visually, how high up you are. So, despite the daytime landing, the pilot is forced to make an instrument only approach.

{{ Who is flying? Pilot Check DC 15 }}

The small community at the landing site seems, from the air, to be focused on some sort of pollution generating industry. Large black clouds rise from several of the buildings in the community.

26. - Top - End - #1376

Corran takes the set of landing coordinates and shows them to Kera. with Kera's permission Corran will bring the ship in for a landing.

Pilot (1d20+10=24)

Character links

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Rising up out of her zen-like state when the computer announces their impending arrival, Kera puts her feet down. Her scowl, which had fallen off her face earlier, returns as she realizes that she needs to be able to turn her wrist in order to make the landing - something she simply cannot do right now without an intense amount of pain.

She restrains carefully the urge to smash her lovely cast into the console next to her. "Fine. I'm completely &*%^ing useless anyway. I'll just be in my &*%^ing cabin if anybody wants any-&*%^ing-thing, which no one &*%^ing will." She gets up and storms down the stairs, moving briskly into her quarters and wishing she could slam the door behind herself, because that would be highly satisfying right now. Or, at least, it seems like it would be highly satisfying. Letting it *swish* closed behind her certainly isn't.

28. - Top - End - #1378

with Kera storming off Corran shrugs to himself as he thinks, Well i guess i'll take that as yes or at least you can land the ship for now, until I'm better. shrugging again Corran returns his attention to the task at hand.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-03-03 at 10:34 PM.

Character links

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Ogre in the Playground

Corran easily sets the ship down on one of the open pads which surround the small village. As the ship got closer and closer to the village, it became obvious that the village was not an industrial center at all, but have been attacked recently. The black smoke comes from several buildings and seems to be the result of something inside the building burning.

Corran is able to see at least 3 corpses inbetween the buildings. There are a couple people walking around and fighting the smaller fires by throwing salt on them to smother them.

The touchdown is very soft, as the pack salt landing pad flexs slightly under the weight of The Angry Mule. Anticipating the landing, the doctor exits her quarters immediately at touchdown with her gear in tow. Seeing Kaff nearby she says, "Crewman! Open the hatch and allow my egress."

30. - Top - End - #1380

After effecting a smooth landing Corran is slightly unsettled by the signs of a recent attack instead of shutting down the engine's he puts them in hot standby. Corran then hits the comm panel and calls Kera, once she is on the line Corran Says, Captain, we've landed at the doc coordinates , but it looks like there's been some sort of recent attack, because from where I'm at i can see at least 3 body's lots of smoke and some active fires, I'd like to know how long you want to hang around here, or should i head sky ward as soon as the good doctor leaves.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-03-04 at 04:43 PM.

Character links