New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

Kera

Lying on the bed, Kera swears in Rodian. It is her language of choice for such things because it sounds so colorful. She just lies there for a little bit, still generally angry at the universe, then lets out an unhappy sigh and gets herself off the bed. She grabs her rifle and slings it over the shoulder of her good arm. Once the door opens, she shouts out, "I heard you," for Corran's benefit.

She stomps over to and down the stairs, intending to have a look out the cargo bay door to make a decision. Why it should fall to her to make a damn decision, she still isn't completely sure. Probably because she, at least, knows how. Even if it isn't her preferred job. I could fly a damn figure eight pirouette around this guy with my eyes closed if my damn arm wasn't broke.

Arriving in the cargo bay when the door is already open, she walks as far as she can get without actually stepping off the ship and takes a good look around. "Bloody hell."

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Ogre in the Playground

The doctor hauls her gear across the threshold and few steps away from the ship and looks up. Suddenly she drops her baggage and spins around glaring at Kera. "You! Why did you attack this village? What did I do? What did these innocent people ever do to you?"
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-03-06 at 07:02 PM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

WTF? The accusation is so bizarre, Kera looks at the doctor like she's just asked her to hit someone with a fish. "Are you frickin' nuts? You think our ship did this? We just got here, doc. And we have two puny little guns, both of which you would have noticed firing from the lights flickering inside. This kind of sick, effed up crap is not even within our capabilities, let alone something we would do. You wanna point fingers, look someplace else. Now. You want us to help look for survivors, or what?"

Without waiting for an answer, Kera smacks the button on the wall for the ship's PA. "All hands off the ship. Bring weapons. And Daine, grab my medkit."

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Ogre in the Playground

The doctor calms a bit as logic regains control of her brain. She finally nods several times and says, "Of course. You are right. I heard no weapons fire during the approach and landing." The woman lowers her head and says, "I am sorry, but I have an attachment to these people."

Hearing the captain's orders, she moves herself and her gear out of the way so that the crew may exit.

Fairly quickly, Trill arrives at the door with a cooking knife in hand and an obviously fake 'mean' expression on his face. Just behind him rolls up Nate, with his extendable arm holding a power saw. The saw is powered up and making quite a loud screechy whine. Trill, wisely, steps out
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Mental note: call for people by name. Kera rubs her temple a little bit with her good hand. "Nate, switch that thing off. Trill, sorry. I shouldn't have been quite so terse. No immediate threat. This is a search and rescue sort of situation. Weapons are in case there's some kind of enemy hiding here. You'd be a great help if you carried the medical stuff for us."

"Nate, do you have sensors capable of detecting life forms?"
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2008-03-07 at 11:15 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Bugbear in the Playground

Corran finishes shutting the ship down before getting up, On his way to the back hatch he picks up his Blaster rifle. Once at the Back hatch Corran snaps a smart salute and says, Reporting As order Captain.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ogre in the Playground

The droid powers down his buzz saw and makes a dejected sort of *blur burr burrr* sound. Nate then says, "I can detect their forms, but not their life. Not at least without interacting with them." Nate jabs Trill in the leg, with his extendable arm, causing Trill to jump and move out of the way. Nate then says, "See."

Trill puts down the knife and upon seeing the destroyed village, says, "I can help out." When Daine finally wanders in, Trill takes the medical supplies from him.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-03-07 at 11:39 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1388

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine emerges, a large blaster on his hip and the supplies in his hand, which he quickly hands over to Trill. He raises his eyebrow slightly as he looks out the cargo bay. "Well then," he comments quietly. "And here I was hoping for a uneventful delivery."
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"I'm beginning to think we magnetically attract trouble. Okay, how about two groups. Kaff, you and Corran go with the doctor and see what you can find. Take Nate and start that way."
    She points off to the left side. "Daine and Trill and I will head off the other way." She holds up her comlink. "Keep in touch. Let's give a shot at keeping each other in visual, too."

She tucks her comlink back into a pocket and unslings her rifle. "Search and rescue, guys. Ask first, shoot second. Check for clues about what actually happened while you're at it. I'm damn curious."

10. - Top - End - #1390

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine steps off the ramp of the cargo bay, his hand resting on the butt of the blaster on his hip. "Maybe," he says, motioning around the side of the ship. "We should ask the people putting out the fire first?" he asks, raising a brow towards Kera.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Looking up and paying the surroundings more attention than a glazed glance, Kera clucks her tongue and chuckles at herself. "Yeah, ok, that's worth a shot. C'mon." She nods her head to indicate direction and starts walking towards the apparent survivors. Letting the doctor take the lead, she peers around as they walk, checking in windows or whatever sorts of openings are present.

12. - Top - End - #1392

Before following Kera and the others Corran says, Captain shouldn't we post a guard to keep an eye on the ship.

Character links

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Yesterday, Corran's question would have brought a really snarky reply about how there's really no one here to do anything to the ship. Yesterday, though, she hadn't been tied up inside said ship when security was left relatively lax due to a sense of...security.

She pulls out the Captain's Datapad and seals the ship. "Not an issue."

14. - Top - End - #1394

Roger that captain, Corran then follow while keeping an eye out for trouble.

Search (1d20+7)[23]
    Spot (1d20+4)[18]
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-03-07 at 06:01 PM.

Character links

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Ogre in the Playground

Four humans, a Trill, and a mutant astromech droid step into the main plaza of this small community. Every living being you see is dealing with small fires, but each ends up glancing at the group and basically ignores them.

The doctor hauls her stuff across the plaza and into a small home which had the front entrance ajar.

The community is made up of two dozen or so white, or nearly white domed structures with high arching entryways. Evenly spaced around the plaza are a series of awning or parasols to provide shade for those walking around.

As the team gets further from their ship, the discover that the sun is really bright and hot and the fact that everything is white makes everyone's eyes hurt. The plaza is formed from white bricks of salt. The space around the buildings are covered with salt dunes and is almost beach like. The air is also very dry and everyone's nasal passages dry up and become tender very quickly.

The buildings have scorch marks from blaster fire. The bodies in the plaza have scorch marks from blaster fire. There are drag marks from each building, across the plaza, and to the east. The drag marks and foot prints stop abruptly at a flat spot between two of the buildings, probably where a speeder was parked.

When you approach the people putting out fires, one yells out, "Come on, give us a hand, this one is almost out."

16. - Top - End - #1396

Swinging his rifle over his shoulder, Corran then pitches in to help put out the fire.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-03-07 at 06:08 PM.

Character links

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Lacking the ability to help very efficiently with only one hand, Kera stands back, out of the way. "Nate, don't you have a fire extinguisher? This is the time to use it, my little metal friend." She bites back on the questions she wants to ask about everything for now. When the fires are out, then she can ask.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Ogre in the Playground

Just as Corran starts to heave handfuls of salt on the fire, Nate says, "Of course." The little droid rolls over to the fire and easily dispatches it. Of course he ended up spraying the villagers and Corran at the same time, but hey, Corran looks good with a white fluffy beard.

He moves building to building putting out each fire. Within a couple minutes he rolls back over and says, "I will need a recharge before we find the next burning village."

The remaining villagers approach and older woman, mid 30s, with a face blackened from the fire says, "Thank you for saving what remains of our village. I fear it is still hopeless. The raiders took every last drop of water we had. The next supply ship isn't expected for over a week and I fear we will not survive." A nearby man, maybe about 20, puts his hand on her shoulder and says, "All is not lost, mother." He turns to the group and says, "Thank you strangers. We have money and resources... do you have water to trade?" Seeing Corran's blaster, he says, "Perhaps we could hire you to hunt down the raiders and recover our water and other supplies?"
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-03-08 at 11:09 AM. Reason: fix color

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Good job, Nate." Kera looks around, taking in as much detail as possible. Her mind churns through some possibilities for what kind of force could cause this sort of damage, and she finds herself nodding a little. "We can trade some food and water, at least." Dammit. I'll have to check the charts to see if there's anyplace nearby besides Bespin we can resupply at after this. Stupid Bespin. If we have to go back there... "Trill, we'll hold onto four days' worth for us to be on the safe side. Figure out how much that means we can sell to them.

"So, before we consider hunting down your raiders, how about you tell us about them? How many they are, what kind of weapons they have, that sort of thing."

20. - Top - End - #1400

I'm more then willing to help, but the finale decision is up to my Captain.

Character links

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Ogre in the Playground

The woman says, "The raiders operated out of the hills to the northeast. They've got a couple speeders that they use when they attack. One of the speeders has a big repeating blaster thing on it. The raiders themselves use slug throwing rifles."

The woman gestures to the spaces around the buildings and drag marks then says, "They come in and take our water tanks, fuel tanks, food, and whatever valuables they can find."

The woman looks to her son and he says, "They've got 3 speeders and 4 speeder bikes. I think there are about 8 of them. I'm not sure what species they are. They wear coverings, wrapped around their body and faces. I don't recognize the language they use."

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Nothing wrong with fighting for what you believe in. The dumb part is believing in it in the first place.
    -Captain Shanze

Whenever you get the urge to do something for nothing, ask someone to slap you in the face. It'll shake those damned altruistic intentions right out.

-Captain Shanze

Kera looks off to the northeast. It isn't that she expects to see anything, it's just a subconscious movement. They say 'that way', and she looks that way. Can't help it. Besides, it distracts her a little from their pleading, righteous need. "Sounds doable. We'll need to confer about our readiness for this sort of thing before we can commit to helping out. It's not our usual sort of trade." She starts back to the ship. "C'mon. Seemed more dire than it turned out to be. Let's chat about this."

Once back at the ship, she unlocks it with the datapad and walks inside, heading up to the common room and sitting down. She unslings her rifle and leans it against the wall. After waiting for everyone get back and assemble one way or another, she heaves a mildly annoyed sigh. "So, estimate of 8 of them, definite of 4 of us, plus Nate. They have 3 speeders and 4 bikes, we have the Mule. They have a big repeater and slug throwers, we have the ship's guns and blasters. I gather that we'd like to help them, because we're all decent people and their situation sucks. Question is: do we think this is a winnable fight? We can't afford to be stuck here more than a couple of days, even if they are paying us, just because of supplies. Nothing but our consciences stopping us from just selling some water and food and leaving."
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2008-03-08 at 02:06 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1403

There's an old mando proverb I'd like to introduce them to Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur it basically means "Today is a good day for someone else to die" but your right we have to look at the odds and they definitely not the best of odds but i still think we can do it.

Character links

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ogre in the Playground

The mother says, "Come on. We should go reclaim Zeke while we can." With that, the two of them wander over to one of the corpses and start dragging it to one of the smaller white buildings that has light blue writing on the door.

Once the group moves a bit away Kaff says, "This could be dangerous. They outnumber us. No offense to Trill and Nate, but I've never seen them shoot and don't know if they are capable." Trill nods and says, "None taken. I am not a good shot at all, but I'm willing to help. Maybe there is something I can do which doesn't involve shooting."

Kaff motions to the droid and says, "He's got that buzz saw, but no blaster. Daine could probably hook him up, but I'd feel better about it if we fixed all his programming bugs first."

Kaff continues his tactical assessment, "Their slug rifles probably can't damage the Mule, but that repeating blaster might be able to. We should try to take that out with the ship's weapons. We should also do what we can to destroy their speeders with the ship's cannons. I haven't had much luck hitting something the size of a person with the ship weapons, so at that point we'll probably have to land and take out the raiders on foot."

Kaff hefts one of the grenades he bought and says, "These might help, but they are pretty expensive, so we may want to weigh their cost against what we are being paid before we plan on using them. If things get desperate, we can use them to save ourselves or we can just fly away."
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-03-12 at 05:04 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1405

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine nods as he listens to the others. He frowns slightly, leaning against a counter. "Hell, we probably can help, it doesn't sounds too bad, but," he says, holding up his hand, "keep a few things in mind. One... this is a freighter, not a fighter or gunship. Two, we only have two of four guns. Three, there is no three, just a desire to be careful." He chuckles and shrugs. "I've been shot at more times than I care to have been," he admits. "What's a few more times?"

26. - Top - End - #1406

the other thing is if we can minimize the damage to the other vehicles beside the one with the cannon, we could find are selves with transportation on other worlds or a source of quick cash.

Character links

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff nods at Corran and says, "We may not be able to get a 4 man speeder into the cargo hold, but we could put several of them speeder bikes they mentioned. Even used, they are probably worth quite a few credits."

Kaff pauses and says, "Of course... I don't like the idea of plotting to kill a bunch of folks so we can steal their rides. Maybe the captain can talk things out with them and resolve the situation peacefully."
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-03-12 at 05:02 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1408

There's are only oneway to deal with pirate and raider and that's in a language they best understand and that's violence and death!.

Character links

29. - Top - End - #1409

AssassinGuy

Daine

"Jedi you are not," Daine says as she shakes his head. "Going in guns blazing sounds like an idiotic idea unless we know precisely what we're dealing with," he says, frowning slightly. "As it stands we don't know anything but what we were told, and that info only says what they brought on these little raiding parties."

30. - Top - End - #1410

Bah, the Jedi, for all there talk of peace they lead and faugh a war across this Galaxy!, and look at where it got them, for the most part there flame is gone from this Galaxy!. There's only one way left, and that to fight fire with Fire!!.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-03-11 at 09:09 PM.

Character links