New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

Kera

"Go for the goodies." She pauses and smirks at Daine. "Those are some words to live by." She lifts her head to address Corran again, though she maintains her visual rejection of his location. "I mean head for the speeders with the hover platform. Ignore the bikes for now."

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yes ma'am, Corran takes the Mule toward the target Kera wants.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ogre in the Playground

Corran has no trouble catching up with the two speeders and their hover platform loaded with goodies. After Kaff fires a couple warning shots, the speeders stop and the driver of each hops out of the vehicle and moves away from it.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"If anyone has a moral objection to shooting people who raid trading outposts, this is the time to chuck them out the airlock. Take those people down, then we'll pick that stuff up, speeders and all."

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff says, "Uh, Captain. Its one thing to shoot at them while defending a village. Its quite another to hunt them down and kill them, doubly so after they have surrendered." That and the targeting sensors can't hit something that small.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Yeah, let's just let them run up to the ship and shoot at us while we're working to get that stuff on board. That's a much better tactic. Or, better yet, we can just chase them off so they can regroup and hit those people even harder as some kind of retribution. Oh, I like that option even more. I mean, what do we care? We'll be long gone by then." She's being incredibly sarcastic, of course, and gives Kaff a suitably sour expression to go with it.

She looks down as the screen, though, and sees the real point, noting the targeting computer's deficiency in the matter. "Fine. If the guns can't shoot something that small, get ready to land next to those speeders. Kaff, you're on cover in case they try to disagree about ownership. Daine, I'll need your help with this. Corran, you stay up here and keep her ready to lift right back off. Fire off a few warning shots if they try to approach."

7. - Top - End - #1447

Roger that Captain, Corran will Lands the Mule as quickly as possible with the aft weapons and cargo bay door facing the Vehicles and as closely as possible.

Pilot check (1d20+10)[16]

Character links

8. - Top - End - #1448

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine nods and unstraps himself. He stands and heads down out of the cockpit as quickly as he can, pushing himself up. "She has a point," he says as he moves. "How many people did they kill?"

He moves to the cargo hold, unholstering the captain's pistol as he waits for the others, then hits the control to open the bay.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2008-03-23 at 03:00 PM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff fires a couple more times in their area to disburse them further. When Corron maneuvers to land, the hot salty exhaust cloud that is kicked up obscures the view of them for a moment. When it clears, they have moved even further away.

Kaff rushes down to the cargo bay to provide covering fire, should it be needed. When he gets there, he frowns at Daine's question and simply says, "They did surrender, it just isn't right to shoot at them after that." After a pause he does concede, "Of course, we aren't the law around here, so..."

Kaff moves out onto the platform and sweeps around the ship to make sure they aren't hiding just out of view and says, "Its clear Captain. We could report the incident to those cruisers we saw in Bespin. Let them deal with it. Be nice for them to have something to do besides harassing cargo freighters."

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Kaff, you're such a softie." Kera chuckles a little bit as she follows him and Daine down to the cargo bay, picking up her rifle on the way. Once outside, she looks over the speeders and platform and starts working on getting them into the ship as quickly as possible.

"I suppose. I was kind of hoping to avoid a return trip to Bespin right now, though. It's not like Evayn is going to be any better off. They said he'll have to stay for 6 weeks. And, you know, I have some kind of negative memories of the place right now."

She looks around and realizes that Corran is where he cannot possibly hear anything. "What do you guys think about Corran?"

11. - Top - End - #1451

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine nods slightly. "Can't say I disagree about Bespin," he says as he moves towards the speeders and cart. He stops at the nearer bike, and pauses to look around, then swings a leg up and over it and spends a moment looking over the controls. "Lets get this loaded into the cargo bay and go pick up that repeater," he says with a slight grin.

"As for Corran," he shrugs slightly. "I don't know yet. Something doesn't add up about him." He sits up on the speeder. "He gets marooned, and 'magically' comes back with a story about having a bounty on his head. For all the actual proof he has, he could very well be some sort of pirate or crook."
    Last edited by Santanya; 2008-03-24 at 09:58 AM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Or something."
    Kera climbs into the other speeder and steers it slowly and carefully into the cargo bay. "I dunno." She shrugs. Because most of what she thinks of him at the moment is tied up in what she thinks of her current condition, she doesn't elaborate. She'd probably say something like 'I hate that bastard sitting in my chair' if she did pipe up.

The sentiment is not completely masked by her concentration on the task at hand, though. Contrary to her usual bluster, piloting something with one hand essentially tied behind her back is not actually as easy as she makes it sound, and she is quite focused as she does the incredibly simple job.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera and Daine easily load the hover platform into the back of the ship. The hooligans don't show their faces in the area. Once the platform is loaded, there isn't room for either of these speeders, but you could put a speeder bike or two into the cargo bay(if you had them).

Once the stolen goods are loaded, Corran moves the ship back to the destroyed gunspeeder and lands. Daine goes out and, after 10 minutes or so, has removed the heavy repeating blaster from the speeder wreckage.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Damn shame about the speeders. We could strip them for parts. I don't want to just leave them here where those dumbasses can get them back." She reaches into Daine's toolkit and pulls out a wrench, then sets to work. "Keep us covered, Kaff. This may take a little while."

Spoiler
    Show
    Repair check? +7 to the roll
    We want the highest value parts, and are willing to take up to an hour to extract them, destroying less valuable components to rip them out more quickly.
    We definitely do not want to leave the speeders in working condition.

15. - Top - End - #1455

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine grins slightly and nods, in agreeance with Kera. "Better for everyone involved," he says as he move to strip the speeder, taking slightly more care to extract things, but working as fast as he can.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Santanya; 2008-03-27 at 01:31 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1456

Corran Continues to sit and keep the Mule ready to fly, but after a while Corran takes out his comm-link and calls the other, Hey guys do you need any help out there.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-03-27 at 09:50 PM.

Character links

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ogre in the Playground

Daine and Kera begins to disassemble the speeder for what they think are their most valuable parts. As the pieces come flying off it becomes obvious that once disassembled, the speeders will fit in the cargo hold. Most of the work is already done, but with less than an hours additional work, the speeders will be in small enough pieces to squeeze both of them into the cargo hold.

Of course, Kera has already damaged some component during her earlier move vigorous wrenchings. But that'll just give Daine something to do when you want to put them back together again.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Giving a rather sheepish grin as soon as the realization is made that it only takes a little disassembling to get the speeders to fit in the hold, Kera stops her destructive methods and works more constructively on the task.

To Corran: "We're just taking a little booty, as it were. Doing our part to slow down the ability of the raiders to regroup, you might say. Come down and give us a hand"

Kera waits to say anything else until Corran gets there. "So, funny thing about finding this all intact," She gestures to the platform and its contents. "I kind of feel like a heel for taking the salts for the water if we're just going to give back what they lost. I'm thinking we should refill our water from these tanks and just call it even. Maybe we can call the salts payment for taking down the raiders, but I don't really believe we did much more than make those idiots more desperate and more likely to kill people the next time they try this."

19. - Top - End - #1459

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine lays on his back under the edge of one of the speeders, losening bolts and connections of the engine pod. "An unfortunately side effect," he says. He stops mid sentance to roll out of the way as the engine pod drops the six inches to the sandy dirt. "Is that they might retaliate against the town more," he finishes as he eyes the engine.

20. - Top - End - #1460

OK i'll be right down, Corran gets up and heads down and out of the ship, once out side Corran sees the current activates and takes out his tool kit from his belt and sets to work helping takeing the speeders apart

Repair (1d20+10)[25]

Character links

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

Over the next half an hour, the crew disassembles the two speeders and begins the tedious job of hauling all the part onto the ship and into the back of the cargo hold(so you can easily get the water out when you arrive back at the village).

As the crew finishes up, small dust trails can be seen in the distance, to the north east, where a speeder or some similar device is kicking up the powdery surface salts.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

As soon as she sees the signs of a speeder, Kera stops what she is doing. "Corran, get up to the bridge, looks like we've got company incoming." Kaff, get up there, too. Guns are probably called for in this situation." Picking up one last piece of speeder and pocketing the tool she's using, she nods to Daine to get him to move inside the ship and does the same herself.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff radios back down, [I'm on weapons and ready. Just need to get airborne and facing the right way.] In the background before he turns off the commlink you can hear Trill say, "oh dear."

By the time Kera and Daine get in and through all the 'junk' in the cargo bay, they find Trill in the common area tightening his safety harness.

24. - Top - End - #1464

Corran picks his way though the cargo bay as fast as he can once though he race though the common area, and heads straight for the latter to Cockpit, he scrambles up the latter and into the pilots chair, before lifting off Corran makes sure the cargo bay door is closed.

Pilot (1d20+10)[30]
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-03-31 at 11:11 AM.

Character links

25. - Top - End - #1465

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine moves as quick as he can. He grins towards Trill as he passes through the commons area. "I'll be on shields from engineering," he yells as he pushes his way into the engineering alcove and wedges himself in position in front of the console, one boot against the wall next to it, his back pressed up against the wall.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ogre in the Playground

The ship leaps into the air and a crash can be heard from the cargo bay as the content settle. Daine brings up the shields from engineering, but nothing attacks the ship. You can't quite make out the shape of whatever is causing the dust to kick up, but it isn't a speeder. It seems to be some sort of large beast running along the surface.

The flight back to the village is very quick and the landing pad is still clear. With the fires out, even the last remnants of smoke trails have stopped rising from its buildings.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

A few curses in Rodian slip out of Kera's mouth as she dodges speeder parts and climbs the stairs up to strap herself into a seat. She fumes a little bit for no reason other than that she's supposed to be the one causing this sort of thing, not one of the people dealing with it. Corran doesn't really fly like she does, though. It's not fundamentally different, it's just not the same.

"Put us down and let's get this over with,"
    she calls up. I hate wasting negotiation. She gets back up as soon as the ship touches down and wades through the parts to get to the cargo bay door and open it.

28. - Top - End - #1468

Corran dose as he is told and lands the ship, on the pad.

pilot[roll]1d20+10[roll]

Edit: damn forgot the fracking backslash
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-04-01 at 08:08 PM.

Character links

29. - Top - End - #1469

well here goes try two

Yes ma'am, Corran dose as he is told and lands the ship, on the pad.

pilot(1d20+10)[12]

Character links

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground

Corran sets the ship on the pad with a thunk and a bit of rocking as the hydraulics compensate for the roughness of the touchdown. The landing causes more speeder parts to settle and by the time Kera reachs the cargo bay she finds that she must climb up and over the piles to get to the door.

When she lowers the hatchway, the same woman is there waiting for you, although her son is no where in sight. She begins to ask, "Was there a problem with the salt? We sent them a message and they..." Her voice trails off as she sees the hover platform with the village's water tanks on board. She looks to Kera, attempting to decide if Kera is here to sell them back the water or simply return it or something else.