Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Having adopted a stance that involves leaning against the hoverloader, Kera snaps her head around when Evayn starts it back up. She straightens back up and nods. "Yeah. Those droids aren't going to get themselves over here. Let's go." With Daine thoroughly ensconced in his repairs again, she doesn't bother waving or saying anything as they walk off.

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    OOC: Hi all, unfortunately I've going to have to go without internet access for a few days. I should be able to get back by next Tuesday though so I will be back then.
    Sargent Larinda of Experimental Maneuvers
    Kaff Chalma of Star Wars: Freelancer

    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    {{ Not a problem. I just roll forward with everyone else. Good luck and let us know when you get back. }}
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera and Evayn

    Evayn and Kera make their way back through the station back to the security office. When the arrive, Niveka Leiker is back at work on the disassembled blaster pistol. She looks up as you enter. She continues working but says, "Ah, good you brought your own containers. I forgot to mention that I needed to keep mine. Do you have the 100 credits?"

    The scruffy male in one of the detention cells sits looking at the a detached silver button in his hands. As he turns it over in his hands, he keeps managing to catch the light just right causing the button to glint and flicker. The motion and the glint keeps drawing your eyes over to him. Seeming to know when being watched he looks up and smiles a friendly non-threatening smile. He then gives a pleading hopeful look while occasionally glancing to the detention cell door controls.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    "Yeah," Evayn says, "got the cash right here." He hands 100 credits of his own money to Niveka, then turns to transferring the droid parts carefully to their containers. As he works, he jerks his head towards the cells. "Mind if I ask what they're in for?" he asks. "You must have a pretty tough job in a place like this."

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Kera rolls her eyes at the guy's attempts to get their attention. Yeah, that must suck. Still not stupid enough. Once Evayn pays, she helps him transfer the droids to their own containers. As soon as he asks about the prisoners, she starts listening closely. She may not care, but she is still curious about him.

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera and Evayn

    Niveka Leiker takes the credits and motions over to the droid crates saying, "By all means, help yourself."

    Looking over to the detention cells, she says, "These two? Well, the Gungan is in for assaulting some of the miners. He'll be out in another day or two." She then motions to scruffy looking 40 year old human with the eye patch while saying, "He'll be in here until the station administration arranges his transport to Xippithyr prison system. He sleazing his way across the outer rim. He got stranded here and resorted to cheating some of the miners and outright stealing from others. When confronted, he ended up murdering several patrons in the bar before being arrested."

    {{ Most everyone has heard of Xippithyr as a small system off the Corellian Trade Spine which has acted as a prison planet for this quadrant. Rumors about Xippithyr picking up a contract to act as the prison planet for the Empire have floated around for the last couple months. }}

    She continues, "If you have the facilities on your ship to handle him and are headed that way then you can contact the Shipping Office regarding the transportation contract."
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Lifting an eyebrow at the explanation, Kera just shakes her head. Yeah, sorry pal. Not stupid enough. She finishes helping load up the driods, then walks back with Evayn. Once they get outside, she turns to him and says, "We'd have to be some kind of moronic idiots to take that fare. Geez, yeah, let's bring a psychopatic lunatic onto the ship where we'll all be stuck without a way to escape. No thanks."

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Walking with Kera and pushing the hoverloader, Evayn nods absently. "Yeah, no kidding. Idiots," he says, clearly considering the job. "I doubt we have the right kind of facilities to hold him anyway. Could drug him into unconsciouness maybe..." he trails off. Once they return to the ship and unload the crates full of droid parts, he says "JZ's pretty desperate for money. Maybe we should tell him about the contract just in case. I mean, Kaff seems competent enough, guarding a thug like that shouldn't be that much trouble."

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    "You can tell him if you want, but I won't. And if he asks, my vote would be against it. Especially since Kaff wants us to keep our blasters in our quarters." She waves to Daine as they get back, then helps Evayn unload the containers from the hoverloader. "Sure, maybe he's really a decent guy who just had to make some tough choices. We'd be delivering him to what is basically a prison. He'd be desperate. A desperate man does desperate things." She looks around. "You want to help me get these up the stairs? I want to be able to work on them while we're in transit, and I have no idea how badly damaged the cargo bay is. If we can't get in here, I don't want to be stuck not being able to work on them just because we didn't haul them up."

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera and Evayn arrive back at the ship with two crates of droid parts. When they arrive in the hanger bay, the loading crews are still busy loading the purchased ore containers into the hold. Daine is still busy with his tools, working on the ship's hull.

    Kera and Evayn squeeze the crates past the cargo and Kera hauls them up to the engineering work area on the upper level, while Evayn stows the hoverloader.

    The only sounds in the ship are the workers and the occasional metalic sounds of repairs. JZ and Kaff have not returned yet and Vicks is nowhere to be seen, although his cabin door is closed.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-01-27 at 04:04 PM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Kera drags the container with the astromech over to one of the chairs, then rifles through Daine's tools, pulling out several. Picking through the droid parts, she pulls out the brain parts and gets to work, hoping to be able to use it for the next jump.

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    After finishing help haul the droids to Kera's work area, Evayn settles into the common area. With little else to do until the others return, he ponders the prisoner transfer job for a while. Kera's warnings make perfect sense, but he still can't help but wonder how well the job pays. He saunters back out of the ship and into the shipping office. "Hello again," he greets the Nautolan. "I was just wondering; how much is the prisoner contract, for the murderer up in Security?"

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    OOC: Okay, I'm back
    Sargent Larinda of Experimental Maneuvers
    Kaff Chalma of Star Wars: Freelancer

    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera and the Droid

    Kera starts taking a look at the droid parts. After a couple minutes she gets all the parts powered off, but then realizes it'll take more than 12 hours to get the droid to the point it will help with the astrogation calculations.

    The droid looks like it was not only blasted several times but that most of the attachments and modules were smashed, probably after it was shot. Some parts have blaster scorch marks, others have dents from hammers or mallets, others have burns from fusion cutters. The droid is a real mess.



    Evayn and the Shipping Officer

    As Evayn approaches the shipping office he can see the shipping officer intensely focused on something very small. Evayn can't quite tell what it is, as it is obscured by the shipping officers hands. When Evayn enters the office, the shipping officer quickly fumbles the object and secures it in a desk draw.

    Looking up with a smile, the shipping officer says, "Most return greetings to sparefarers you. Moisture what can I you?"

    "Hello again," Evayn greets the Nautolan. "I was just wondering; how much is the prisoner contract, for the murderer up in Security?"

    The shipping officer looks puzzled for a moment then turns around to access the computer. He quickly brings up the 'record' on prisoner. The photo matches the guy in the security office detention cell. Most of the text is too small to make out and scrolls to fast, but Evayn does catch the words, "Murder", "Piracy", "Sedition", and the prisoner's name "Ramius Tellfigeur"

    The shipping officer points to the screen, to the number 315 and says, "Man train port bad for 5 credits and 10 credits and 300 credits. You contract?"


    Kaff and JZ

    JZ exits Little Johnny's room and says, "Seems easy enough." JZ looks down the hallway in each direction, and mutters, "Which way was is back to the ship?"


    Daine

    Daine continues to work on the hull for a while. After an hour, Daine has exausted the supply of hull plates and has managed to plug all the holes he could find. The ship looks a bit more piece-meal but from an engineer's point of view is much more secure. Maybe a nice paint job will tidy it up?
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kaff points down the corridor. "Lets go, I couldn't get a hold of Daine or Vicks when I contacted them. I just hope the ship is still there when we get back."

    Indeed Kaff is relieved to see that the ship is there when he returns. Moving to Daine he asks, "any particular reason you didn't answer the com link about an hour ago?"
    Sargent Larinda of Experimental Maneuvers
    Kaff Chalma of Star Wars: Freelancer

    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Feeling a little dumb for forgetting some fairly basic details about how long it would take to fix the droid, Kera sighs and replaces everything in the container. I doubt there's time to really get into this now. Better to leave it until hyperspace then to start and have to stop right when I'm at a place I can't put things down. She fixes herself up a cup of something hot to drink and wanders around the ship with it, trying to imprint where everything is in her head so she doesn't have to think about it to find things when time is critical.

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine walks a ways away from the ship, looking it over. A frown creases his face for a moment as his eyes flit over the patches. "Definitely needs repainted," he mutters as he collects his tools, making sure he gets everything he brought out and takes them back into the ship. As Kaff and JZ return he waves a hand in greeting, coiling the cable from his welder.

    "Any particular reason you didn't answer the com link about an hour ago?"

    Daine raises an eyebrow. "What comm call? I was climbing over the ship making it space worthy for the past hour."
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-02-14 at 11:45 AM. Reason: >.> Missed the other posts...
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine raises an eyebrow. "What comm call? I was climbing over the ship making it space worthy for the past hour."

    "I called about an hour ago and received no reply. I know you're busy but really, if you didn't hear from me you should have tried to call. How did you know that I wasn't missing along with the Captain?" Kaff chides the engineer as gently as he can. "Do you know what Vicks has been up to?"
    Sargent Larinda of Experimental Maneuvers
    Kaff Chalma of Star Wars: Freelancer

    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    "I don't think so. I'll tell you if we change our minds," Evayn says. What the hell are they up to? he wonders to himself as he leaves the office.

    Upon seeing that the rest of the crew has returned, he goes to the ship and returns JZ's and Kaff's credits, warding off their questions on cost with a simple "Don't worry about it." He turns to JZ: "By the way, they've got a prisoner transfer contract if you wanna pick it up while we're here. Guy seems dangerous, if just a thug, and the contract's only for 315 but I thought you should know. Kera doesn't think it's a good idea, and based on the creds involved I don't think it's really worth the risk." He leans in closer and says, "and just so you know, Vicks and the shipping clerk are up to something. May not involve the rest of us, but I don't want to end up a pirate target or the object of a sting operation or anything because someone else is smuggling."

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine smirks at the larger man. "Sorry I didn't check in, thought I should get the work done, and Vicks could have done it, plenty of radios in the ship," he says. "As for him, I've no clue what he's up to as far as I know he could be in his bunk with whatever financial officers do when they close their doors." He shrugs slightly. "Ask him why he didn't check in."
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-02-14 at 11:46 AM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    After Evayn suggests the prisoner transport, JZ says, "Last time I tried to get one of those, they wouldn't give it to me because I wasn't registered with Xippithyr prison system as an authorized transporter. Which I really think just means I hadn't paid my bribe yet. Anyway, its best if you have a detention cell to put the prisoner in. We could rent one, but we'd still need to be registered before they'd turn him over to us."

    After hearing about Vicks, JZ says, "Well, that lazy... I hired him to make sure the cargo was loaded correctly, secured, and the correct cargo. For all we know we have 100 tons of trash instead of ore." JZ goes to Vicks's cabin and pounds on the door. After a moment or two with no answer JZ enters. The cabin is unoccupied. Vick's "luggage" is sitting out. Seeing that JZ says, "He's not in there, but he hasn't run out on us either. Someone check the bridge."
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Wandering into earshot just in time to hear JZ's order, Kera says, "I'll check," then takes the steps two at a time to check the cockpit.

    She returns a few minutes later with a look of annoyance on her face. "He left a message on one of the terminals that he went off to 'get a drink', and would be back 'in a few'. Who knows what that means."
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-02-02 at 06:33 AM. Reason: got my answer

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    JZ frowns in annoyance. Eventually JZ shrugs his shoulders and says, "Evayn and Kaff should probably head over to the bar to pick him up. If he doesn't come right away, tell him 'we're going to leave him here'. Kera and Daine, why don't you's get the ship ready to launch. I'll check that the cargo is correct and secure."

    With that JZ heads off to the cargo bay, shaking his head slowly, his hands in fists.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Looking at Kaff, Evayn says "Yeah, I'm sure he's just waiting for us to come and let us know we're heading out soon. Let's get this over with..." as he turns to go, checking the blaster on his hip. "Say, Cap," he says, calling back to JZ, "he seemed to have something going on with the shipping officer. I wanna check into that too maybe, before we take off. Maybe after we have takeoff clearance, just to be safe." With that, he waits until Kaff is ready to go.

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Nodding to JZ, Kera heads back up to the cockpit and sits down, then begins the power-up sequence to bring the shields and engines online. "Hey, Daine," she calls down, "can you do something about the lateral dampening coils? They seem...I dunno, funny." She straps in while waiting for some of the little blinking lights to stop blinking.
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-02-02 at 10:24 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    "Aye," Daine says to JZ as he carries the last of his tools back into the engineering alcove. He sticks his head out as Kera calls down. "What did you do to them?" he calls back as he heads back to the engine compartment and starts running a diagnostic as he keeps an eye on the engine startup.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-02-14 at 11:46 AM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    "I guess I must have looked at them. Or maybe I sneezed in their presence."

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kaff looks over at the first officer and checks that he is carrying a blaster. "I'm ready. When we get to the bar, I'll wait by the door and enter a little after you. That way I can back you up if needed."

    'Breach!' Kaff thought to himself. 'I knew something like this would happen! If only Daine had kept a better . . .' However, Kaff left his thoughts there. Daine was busy, he had a badly maintained ship to fix up and security was Kaff's job not Daines. Kaff reviewed his actions and realized that it was unlikely he could have done anything to prevent this. He had stayed with the Captain, the highest risk target. He had tried to remain in contact with everyone, even Vicks.

    More optimistically Kaff thought to himself, 'maybe we'll just walk in, pick him up, get back to the ship and lift . . . yeah, right. When has it ever been that easy?'
    Sargent Larinda of Experimental Maneuvers
    Kaff Chalma of Star Wars: Freelancer

    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Evayn and Kaff

    As Evayn and Kaff exit through the cargo hold JZ says to Evayn, "Yeah, well, Vicks does have a kind of shifty look to him, but that's the kind of person you need to get some of the deals in the outer rim. He kind of seems like a used starfighter salesman. As for the shipping officer... he did manage to get us a slightly better deal on the ore. Maybe he had to bribe the officer with some trinket or something." JZ shrugs and then says, "We will be coming back here in a couple days. Maybe we should just question him in hyperspace and then we can grill the squid on our next trip?" JZ goes back to checking the restraining harnesses and tie-down cables given each a good tug.

    JZ nods at Evayn as he exits the ship and says, "We'll have the ship ready to fly when you get back. Good luck. Lets hope he's just drunk. ".
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •