Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Giving a grin as she shoves some of the parts out of the way gently with a foot, Kera nods to the woman. "We found something. Pretty sure it belongs to you. I think what we scavenged will more than make up for the trouble." She puts a little more effort into moving the parts out of the way so the platform can be unloaded.

    "I gotta be honest. I don't think we got rid of your problem. We just slowed 'em down. You want my advice, you need to look into some serious self-defense here. Eventually, they'll come back, and they'll probably be more serious about it. Only way to actually stop something like that from happening is to be stronger than them. Make the risk not worth the reward kind of thing."

  2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    The woman waves down some other villagers to help unload the platform and says, "Does that mean you don't want the salt?"

    She looks a little perplexed about the rest of the conversation, but her son arrives for the end of Kera's lecture and says, "We'll see what we can do. Have a nice flight and stop by again if you're in the market for salts."
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    "Not unless you want to give the water back." She offers what minimal assistance she is capable to get the platform out of the ship, but mostly just keeps herself out of the way. "Good luck to you folks. I hope you catch a break."

    She gives them a friendly salute and hits the button to shut the cargo bay doors as soon as they're clear. Not bothering to actually go up the stairs, she calls up them, "Corran, take us to the coordinates to pick up the salts!" Then she just holds onto the railing with her good hand.

  4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    The woman smiles slightly and says, "It its all the same to you, we'll keep the water. We have more than enough salt. You are welcome to it."

    As she walks away, her son says, "Try to keep it off the internals of the speeders or they'll corrode on you."

    ...

    The flight to the salt 'factory' is short and uneventful. Having heard about the arrival, the workers have already stacked 50, cubes of salt out near the platform. The cubes, each a meter on a side, are stacked two cubes high in a neat grid 5x5. Waiting out near the cubes is a droid operated wheeled scoop lifter.

    With nothing hazardous nearby, Corran is able to take his time landing and once the cargo bay doors are open, the droid starts loading the cubes while the crew stands by watching.

    Once everything is loaded, all that is left is a destination(and astrogation check).
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Hitting the button to shut the cargoi bay once more, Kera takes the stairs all the way up to the bridge with the intention to set up the astrogation. We need to resupply, but we can go a couple of days. Hmm. "Just get us up into space for now. I gotta pick someplace to go. What kind of place would value salt, but not really water?" The question is asked rhetorically as she peruses the starcharts.

  6. - Top - End - #1476
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Graybacca's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge, NJ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Yes Ma'am, Corran Left the ship off and heads for space, Corran think for a moment as he pilots the ship about Kera questions, finally Corran Says, How about Utapau i once heard that they export water, i believe they are also the home of a major starship manufacturer maybe we could buy some upgrades for the Mule too.



    ((Take 10 on pilot check for a total of 20))
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-04-04 at 05:45 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    "Uh, okay...I don't have random stuff like that memorized." She starts working on the astrogation to Utapau.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Astrogation check: 17
    *sigh*

  8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Corran lifts the ship off sending a cloud of white dust in every direction and heads for orbit. By that time Daine manages to finish off Nate's charisma upgrade. Nates rolls up to the bridge and assist's Kera in her jump. Not too bad, given the distance... should be about 68 hours, 7 minutes, and 30 seconds... or so.

    Engage. The stars streak and the ship jumps to hyperspace.

    {{ You've got quite a lot of down time... anyone want to make weapon upgrades, ship repairs, or the like? Nate will self repair for that time. }}

    Once Trill hears about the jump he says, "We've got about a 6 day supply of water. Just in case we can't acquire any on Utapau, I'd like to suggest we try to conserve a much as possible. Assuming the captain is okay with that?"
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    "Yeah," Kera says as he takes the stairs down, "that's fine. I don't really think it'll be an issue, but sure, we can do a little conservation for a couple of days." Crossing over to her and Daine's cabin, "I need some rest. It's been a long damn day." With this, she disappears into the room.

  10. - Top - End - #1480
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    FYI... we seem to be into page 50... so new IC thread.


    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77026
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •