Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine frowns at the screen, then runs his eyes over the engine readouts. "They're fine," he says as he turns climbing up the ladder into the cockpit. "The coils themself are fine," he says, leaning over the back of Kera's chair to reach the control panel in front of her. He taps a couple buttons, causing a very slight sideways feeling until he taps them again. "Probably a short in the control panel, maybe in the conduits," he says with a frown. "Who spilled coffee in the controls?" he asks, raising an eyebrow as he looks at Kera.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-02-07 at 05:44 PM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Blinking a few times, Kera is exceptionally glad she is strapped in already. "That was not me. When was the last time you saw me in a cockpit with food or drink?" She pauses for just a moment, then pokes Daine lightly in the chest with a stabbing finger. "That time does not count." Then she crosses her arms over her chest. "It must've been Vicks. I didn't bring anything up, and I was gone most of the time, anyway." She smirks at him. "Are you going to fix it already? I heard that was your job."

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine and Kera

    When Daine pops open the panel with the blinking light to confirm his diagnosis, he finds a pair of Aldebrian spider mice chewing on the cables. The mice are white with multiple pairs of black beady eyes and 8 cute little furry legs each. They blink into sudden brightness and then they scurry away into the adjacent panel via the conduits. The inside of this control panel is covered with dried coffee, sugar, and cream. The black exterior of the wires has a fine lines where the sugar crystalized as it dried. Several of the wires have 'clean' spots where the spider mice have chew off the sheath exposing the wire.


    Evayn and Kaff

    Walking up the corridor towards the bar, it is fairly easy to make out the occasional shout, cheer, or groan. The smell of death sticks and other smoking products begins faint and grows stronger has the bar grows closer.

    As the pair approaches the bar and prepares to split up Kaff manages to see Vicks. In the darkness of the bar he can just make out his figure some 30 meters away. Vicks is seated at a table with some miners and seems to be playing cards or some other table game.

    {{
    Bars can be dangerous, so I figured I'd better use a map. Evayn and Kaff are in the hallway (E/K). Back to the ship is 'south' and 'west'.
    Map
    FYI - The squares are 2 meter each.
    }}
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-02-04 at 05:36 PM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Kera just looks at the mice before they scurry away, blinking a few times. "Oooooookaaaaaay." She sighs and looks at Daine. "See? Wasn't me."

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    OOC: Nice map LE

    IC:
    Kaff motions Evayn forward and waits a few seconds before following. He will station himself at E10 with his rifle in hand set on stun.
    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Evayn follows Kaff's lead, switching his blaster to stun. Trying to remain innocuous, he moves toward Vicks's table, painfully aware that he stands out like an Imperial Senator at a Hutt banquet. He approaches Vicks and keeps close to the west wall, lowering his head to whisper "Fun's over, we're out of here. Finish your hand. We're leaving in 20," he estimates. Without waiting for a reply, Evayn looks up at the rest of the card players, smiles, and says "Sorry to interrupt your game. Vicks here is due back at the ship. Vicks?"

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Evayn and Kaff

    The miner's bar is dimly lit with a smokey haze brought to life by the myriad of color from the various holo displays around the room. The center of the room is dominated by a large bar, circled by barstools and capped by hanging racks of glasses and bottles. The bar is tended by a Gran bartender in a miner's jumpsuit and wearing a black apron. In each corner of the bar is a medium sized table surrounded by chairs. Along the far wall are two holo projections of sporting events, while a smaller projection of a news feed is to the right of the entryway.

    Tonight is a slow night with less than two dozen patrons. Most of the tables have only two customers and most of the seats at the bar are unoccupied.

    Evayn walks into the bar and quickly catches the attention of the majority of the customers. He makes his way around behind a husky human female wearing a miner's jumpsuit with long brown hair pulled back in a ponytail. Once in the corner {{ F4 }} he whispers to Vicks and then addresses the table, "Sorry to interrupt your game. Vicks here is due back at the ship. Vicks?"

    Vicks says, "Fine. This hand is a loser anyway." Vicks lays his cards, face down, in front of his disproportionately large piles of credit tokens. Situation solved, Evayn steps out of the corner towards the door. {{ F6 }} Vicks stands slightly and begins to gather the piles of credit tokens which belong to him into his arms. The Devaronian to the left of Vicks places his hand on Vick's arm and says, "Hold on there. We can't let you leave so soon. You need to give a chance to win some of our money back."

    Vicks smiles and says reassuringly, "Real sorry about this. I'll be sure to come back in next time we dock here." As Vicks takes a step around the table, {{ H5 }} with two armfuls of credits, when the Devaronian who was seated to his left stands up.

    This man is wearing the standard miners jumpsuit unzipped to his waist showing his well muscled chest. His hairless head with its brownish-red skin rises to a few centimeters above Vicks head. From this new angle you can clearly see that his left horn has been broken off and the stump still bears blaster burns. His jumpsuit doesn't fit smoothly to his body, he obviously has some sort of weapon concealed in it.

    The husky woman {{F5}} says, "Now, now, Vicks, we were kind enough to let you join us. Why don't you sit your scrawny little butt down before Oxbern takes offense." The woman is also wearing a jumpsuit, has a sporting blaster strapped in a holster at her waist. As she talks she slowly moves her hand to the handle.

    The Bothan, who was seated opposite Vicks doesn't say anything, but nods at the woman's remarks. He subtly hikes up his right pant leg revealing a hold-out blaster tucked in his boot.

    The Devaronian says, "We'd be happy to hold on to the credits until you return, but we can't let you leave with all our money." With that he forcefully grabs Vicks' arm and shoves him back toward his seat.

    Vicks is thrown off balance by the shove and stumbles into the table. As he fumbles to maintain his grasp on the pile of money two playing cards slide out of his sleeve and down onto the table.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-02-05 at 08:07 PM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Oh, Evayn thinks, this is great. Having stepped away from the group, he looks over at Kaff the moment the miners begin to stand and jerks his head towards them while miming speaking into a comlink. He then turns back to the now quite perturbed group and says "Whoa, everyone just calm down a second." He barely stops his voice from cracking upon seeing Vicks's 'extra' cards drop from his sleeve. He continues "Let's no one act without thinking here. We'll work this out, but let's slow down before anyone does anything irreversible."

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine sighs softly and shakes his head. "You're off the hook, this time," he says winking at her and smiling as he pulls a roll of tape from his repair kit and attempts to cover the most bare of the wires. "I'll go tell JZ we need a ra..spid... we need to gas the ship."

    ((
    Repair: 1d20+14 = [12] + 14 = 26
    ))

    Daine closes the console and jogs down the stairs to the cargo bay. "Hey JZ, we may have a slight problem, rodents are snacking on the wires," he says, a slightly unhappy tone to his voice.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-02-07 at 05:44 PM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine and JZ

    With the bare wires sheathed in tape, and a loose connection tightened, Daine heads down to talk to JZ.

    JZ is in the processof ratchetting down the straps which hold the containers in place when Daine interrupts, "Hey JZ, we may have a slight problem, rodents are snacking on the wires.". With a grunt, JZ locks the mechanism and looks up and says, "What? No, that can't be. Must be old damage, we already took care of the problem. The rodent nest was out here in the cargo area. They can't have survived the vacuum."

    JZ wipes the considerable sweat from his face and begins walking further into the ship. Once in the cooler air he says, "That darn shipping officer. He keeps the air so darn hot and humid. Its like a sauna out there. Lets see this droid you bought. You get it working yet?"


    Kaff and Evayn

    Following the plan, Kaff moves up to the bar entrance, taking position just south of Evayn. {{ Kaff E10, Evayn F6 }} Kaff was able to see most of transpired including the playing cards.

    At Evayn's suggestion to stay calm, the Devaronian fumes and charges past the Bothan, knocking him back. The Bothan rolls and ends up squating/leaning against the north end of the bar{{ H7 }}, a hold-out blaster in hand. The Devaronian gets right up in Evayn's face and says, "Irreversable? Its obvious you've been cheating us. You want to make a deal, lets make deal. The three of you", he tilts his head toward Kaff and motions towards Vicks, "leave your weapons and all your credits here with us and all we'll do is call security."

    While the distracted Devaronian talks, Vicks slowly makes his way east along the northern wall {{ J4 }}. At the same time the husky woman stands up and moves north, a little further away from the action, and into the corner of the room {{ F4 }}. Several of the patrons at the bar have hopped off their stools and are just barely peering over the bar. With the exception of the Gamorreans, the patrons seated in the corners are ignoring the situation. The Gamorreans have stood up and taken a few cautious steps toward the action.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-02-08 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Moved Kaff to E10(per his request)
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kaff, stationed at E10, stands still, not daring to move lest he be noticed. His Blast rifle is at the ready. However, while he is still, his eyes are in constant motion. He watches the crowd around the cantina, the bar tender but most of his attention is on the crowd around Vick's table. If anyone draws a weapon he will try to move first.
    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine smirks slightly and follows JZ up. "I haven't taken too close a look at it. Looks like it could take a while to get it up and running. Apparently they do not take dismantling one lightly." He frowns slightly, glancing at JZ. "If you don't mind, I'd like to see if we can't get some traps though," he says. "I hate to say, but Kera and I saw the rodent spider things," he adds quietly. "Just want to make sure they don't chew through something critical."
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-02-07 at 10:16 PM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine and JZ

    JZ sighs deeply, his shoulders sag forward. He shakes his head side to side slowly and then mumbles, "When am I going to catch a break... yeah, I suppose we should try to trap them." JZ pauses and then smiles saying, "Maybe we can just leave a pile of food on the floor and post Kaff to guard it. He can blast them when they come out to eat. At least it'll keep him busy while were in hyperspace."
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine laughs then grins at JZ. "He's probably bored out of his mind right now and could use the excitement," he says. "They shouldn't be too much trouble, I hope. They got into the wiring because there seemed to be sugar down in them before, someone spilled coffee into the console is all. Probably been there a while," he adds with a shrug. "Nothing major."
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-02-14 at 11:43 AM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    OOC: Sorry, my post came in right after yours LE so I didn't see it. Here is my update. As always, please make all rolls (initiative, attacks, etc) for me. I trust you (you're my GM after all) .

    IC:
    "leave your weapons and all your credits here with us and all we'll do is call security."

    Kaff speaks up, "not going to happen!" moves up (to F8) and fires (on stun) at the Bothan (H7). He then points his rifle toward the bar tender and says, "don't . . . just don't."
    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    After Daine leaves, Kera resumes the interrupted pre-launch sequence. She surreptitiously glances at the panel that the mice were found behind several times. Sure, there's nothing to see, but she just can't help looking again and again, half expecting the panel to get eaten from the inside right before her very eyes.

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Stunned himself for a moment by Kaff's sudden response, Evayn recovers his wits and draws his own blaster, jabbing it into the Devaronian's gut. "You mean this weapon? How about this deal: you back off now, and we don't leave you unconscious on the floor for the cleaning bots to spit-shine when we leave. Vicks--leave the cash. You got caught so just leave it, or we'll leave you on this rock."

    Intimidate; might as well I suppose:
    Intimidate - (1d20+3)[8], and if I can get any synergy from other skills that would be awesome :)

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    OOC: I'll assist Evayn's intimidate if possible
    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Well, Vicks was certainly a good choice for the crew. Kera flips the switch to use the ship's comm system. "JZ, Daine, I just got a message from Vicks. He's gotten into some trouble and thinks a speedy takeoff might be a good idea." She pauses. "I heard blaster fire."

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Evayn, Kaff, and Vicks

    Evayn jabs the Devaronian in his muscled abdomen and makes his deal. Before the anyone can respond, Vicks charges for the hatchway with his arms full of credits.

    The bulky woman in the corner deftly aims and blasts Vicks as he runs by. The shot is a glancing shot, but he stumbles slightly and drops a handful of credits(H6).

    The Bothan, not completely knocked out by Kaff's stun, manages to aim and shoot Vicks in the back as he leaves the bar area. His remaining credits fall to the floor, bouncing and rolling around(E10). Vicks collapses to the floor of the passageway, smoke rising from his back. Unable to stand, his arm twists around groping for his blaster.

    {{
    Initiative

    19 Evayn(F6) Intimidate the Devaronian
    15 Vicks(E10) Take the money and run
    14 Woman(F4) shoots Vicks
    14 Bothan(H7) shoots Vicks
    9 Kaff(F8) ??
    7 Devaronian(G6) ??
    3 Bartender(I9) ??

    Vicks is at 0WP, 0VP

    }}
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-02-09 at 05:01 PM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine frowns deeply. "Son of a..." he mutters. "I'll get up to engineering, keep an eye on everything," he say as he pulls himself up the ladder. "Heat her up, Kera," he shouts up to the bridge and trots back into the engine bay, bracing himself and keeping an eye on the readouts.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-02-14 at 11:43 AM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    'It's turned to hell!' Kaff thought as the blaster bolts started to fly. Then as Vicks fell, Kaff knew that he had failed. He also knew the time for firing on stun was over.

    He retreats outside of the cantina to were Vicks lay (D10), switching his rifle to lethal damage. He then fires again at the Bothan.

    "Let's get out of here!" He shouts to Evayn as he fires.
    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    With a snort and a smirk, Kera shouts back down. "There's no time for that now. I'm trying to get the ship ready for takeoff." She kicks a panel lightly to make everything go faster, even though she knows damn well it won't help. Then she calls Kaff on her comlink. "Kaff, I don't know where you guys are, but it sounds like Vicks is in some trouble. You should get back to the ship pronto. He said he was on his way."

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kaff, Evayn, and Vicks

    As Kaff backs out of the bar, to stand over the barely conscious Vicks, he nearly trips and falls on the scattered credit tokens in the passageway. Kaff shouts his suggestion to Evayn and uses his blaster rifle to take another shot at the Bothan. Just as he fires his shot, his commlink squawks, "Kaff, I don't know where you guys are, but it sounds like Vicks is in some trouble. You should get back to the ship pronto. He said he was on his way." Distracted, this time Kaff's shot impacts the base of the bar instead of the Bothan.

    The red-skinned Devaronian steps back from Evayn and says, "If you had it in you to shoot you'd have done it already. You're as yellow as your skin." He pulls some sort of small club out from inside is miner's jumpsuit. With a flick of his wrist it extends and with a audible pop starts to hum.

    He lunges to charge at Evayn, but stumbles because of the spilled credits on the floor and trips over the Bothan. As the Devaronian falls to the floor his humming club skitters across the bar to the northern wall.

    Just then the bartender peers up over the bar and take a shot with his blaster at the husky woman. His shot is true, hitting her in the chest. She slumps to the floor in the corner, her blaster falling from her grip.

    {{ Current Map }}

    Kera and Daine

    JZ lumbers up to the bridge to check on the ship status. "Everything okay?", he says as he leans over the controls to check himself. JZ raises his hand, which is holding a blaster and says, "Looks like you've got everything under control here, I'll head down to the cargo bay to provide a little cover fire, just in case they are chased. Okay?"
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-02-10 at 07:42 AM. Reason: fixing typos
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    "Should be good to go in time." I hope. Kera clenches her jaw. That damn Vicks. Couldn't just stay with the ship and relax. Oh, no, has to go get into some kind of damn trouble. I hope he does get shot. I know a couple of really unpleasant ways to treat blaster wounds. Oh, yes, I do.

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    OOC: Okay, I'm going to have to put in a few if/thens. If, Evayn moves to within 5' on his turn, Kaff will hand him his rifle and pick up Vicks. If not, he will take another shot at the Bothan.
    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Shocked at Vick's fall and quite frightened for his own life, Evayn still has the presence of mind and ego to be put off by the Devaronian's insult. He thumbs his blaster to its lethal setting and fires a single shot at the downed Devaronian.

    attack - (1d20+2)[18]
    damage - (3d6+1)[10]

    Without waiting to see the results of his shot, Evayn moves 4m, where he's adjacent to Kaff and Vicks. He waves off the rifle with his blaster, saying "Just stow it if you can, I don't know how to use that thing! Grab him and run, I'll cover us!" He moves around Vicks and Kaff (to E11) taking cover around the doorway (total movement 8m) and looking for a control panel to close the door.

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    OOC: In that case, on Kaff's turn . . .

    IC:
    Evayn waves off the rifle with his blaster, saying "Just stow it if you can, I don't know how to use that thing! Grab him and run, I'll cover us!"

    Kaff hadn't been offering the rifle to use but more because carrying it and Vicks would be more difficult and there was no way he was leaving his rifle behind. However, this wasn't the time for a debate. Kaff instead, reached down and bundled Vicks and the rifle together, hefting both over his shoulder he began to move as fast as he could down the corridor.
    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Evayn presses his advantage and shoots the Devaronian in the side whilst stepping out of the bar proper and over to Kaff. Kaff attempts to hand off his rifle, when Evayn says, "Just stow it if you can, I don't know how to use that thing! Grab him and run, I'll cover us!"

    Evayn then moves over and glaces at the door controls in the hopes of shutting the blast doors, nearly losing his balance while moving across the scattered credit chips.

    {{ Need to do both of the following, DC depends on how fast you need to accomplish the action :
    1. Make a Computer Use check to access the control system.(full round action DC 15, Standard Action DC 20, Free Action DC 25)
    2. Make a Computer Use check to control/override the door.(same DCs)
    }}

    Vicks continues to struggle on the floor, but manages to draw his blaster pistol.

    The Bothan, moves up into a squating position and takes cover around the corner of the bar. He then fires towards Evayn hitting the edge of the hatchway which is providing Evayn some cover.

    Kaff arranges his rifle and heaves Vicks up onto his shoulders which elicits a grunt and a moan from Vicks. The load pushes Kaff's muscles to their extremes. He begins to stagger down the corridor towards the ship careful to drag hit feet so as not to trip on any credits. {{ reduced to 6M movement }}

    The Devaronian, neither killed nor unconscious after being shot while down, struggles to find a weapon and only manages to scoop and throw a handful of credit chips at Kaff/Vicks. The attack fails and the credits falling to the floor before even making it to the doorway.

    Another blaster shot comes out of the bar and impacts the far wall of the passageway. Its not clear where the shot originated, but it wasn't really close to hitting anyone.

    Just after that random shot both the Gamorreans lunge into the hallway and begin scooping up credit chips, completly oblivious to Evayn standing just a few meters away. The Devaronian cries out, "Hey, back off and get your pudgy little fingers off my credits!"
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-02-11 at 12:26 PM. Reason: adieu
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kaff, now burdened with Vicks moves as fast as he can, hoping and praying to whatever gods may be listening that no one is drawing a bead on his back right now, expecting every step to feel the searing, burning pain of a blaster bolt.

    'At least Vick's is providing me some cover.' He thought shifting his crewmate to get a better grip.
    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •