Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    With the door controls more complicated than he was prepared to deal with, Evayn opts to follow Kaff down the hall toward the docking bay. He keeps his back to Kaff and Vicks and keeps his blaster trained on the doorway to the bar, hoping that the Devaronian will be more worried about the Gamoreans and the credits than the escapees.

    [OOC: Move action to follow V & K, readied action to blast anyone who exits and acts aggressively, i.e. running toward us or shooting.]

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Evayn, Kaff and Vicks

    Kaff hustles down the corridor as fast as he can carrying Vicks. Vicks, for his part, decides fire his blaster at the Gamorreans. His shot hits the female in the side of the head. She collapses in a heap, her credits scattering across the floor.

    The male Gamorrean howls for his fallen companion and grabs her blaster. Evayn, who was easily keeping, pace with Kaff, his focus on deterring pursuit, fires to surpress this new foe. Unfortunately, his shot also impacts the male's cover, his fallen female companion.

    The male Gamorrean, totally enraged by this further insult, charges firing wildly. The Bothan peers out into the hallway as the Gamorrean charges away from his fallen companion and their credits. He takes aim and shoots Kaff. Luckily for Kaff, the shot impacts his cover. However, this one in a million shot, hits Vicks in the back of the head as he bounces along on Kaff's shoulder.

    This latest damage, adds the smell of burnt hair to the smell of burnt flesh and bar smoke in the hallway.

    Evayn, Kaff, and Vicks round the corner into the next stretch of hallway before anymore shots are fired. Evayn and Kaff and easily hear the angry grunts and heavy thudding of footfalls as the male Gamorrean continues the chase.


    Kera and Daine

    The ship seems ready for flight. All you need is authorization to launch or at least and open hangar bay door. The engine and shield seem to be powered up and ready to be engaged. The weapon systems are still offline with their power re-directed to the shields.

    The only significant warning light, shows the cargo bay doors are still open, and that they can not be remotely closed from the bridge. The bridge controls are being overridden because of some safety subroutine which claims the sensors show an obstruction.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-02-12 at 08:42 PM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kaff, oblivious to the dead Gamorrean, the Bothan and the shot which has almost certainly killed Vicks, continues to run along the corridor carrying his companion. He is, however, not quite oblivious to the sound of Evayn's blaster which means that the first mate is still with him and the sound of an obviously angry Gamorrean pursuing them. He hopes that Evayn will be able to deal with it before Kaff has to himself.
    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Ducking the Gamorrean's blast, Evayn glances over his shoulder and curses upon seeing Vick's now limp form. Rounding the corner, he continues to follow Kaff and prepares to fire upon their pursuer as soon as he's in plain view.

    Attack +2: (1d20+2)[6]
    Damage 3d6+1: (3d6+1)[13]

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Evayn and Kaff

    The now obviously unconscious Vicks hangs limp on Kaff's shoulder as Kaff runs down the corridor. Vicks' blaster fell from his limp hand as Kaff rounded the last corner.

    The entrance to hanger bay #2, where the Angry Mule is docked, is still well over 100 meters ahead. The entrance to hanger bay #1 is about 40 meters ahead on the right. Unfortunately, the Gamorrean is moving much faster than Kaff can while carring Vicks. {{ 40m / round vs. 18m / round }}

    Evayn's hopeful blaster shot goes wide, impacting an 'Authorized Personnel Only' hatch. The Gamorrean continues to fire off wide blaster shots, none really coming very close. However, with the decreasing distance the shots feel more threatening.

    Ahead in the corridor {{ about 60 meters }} three miners are casually walking towards the action. They were engaged in conversation and have looked up at the sound of blaster fire.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Kera calls in to get clearance for immediate takeoff and to request the hangar bay doors be opened. Looking at the warning light, she hopes it's just JZ standing there, waiting for the others to show up. She makes one last check that she's strapped in properly and that everything is primed and ready for liftoff. "Daine," she calls down, "unless you're doing something, can you check and make sure it's just JZ keeping the cargo bay doors open? And let me know when the others get inside? Wouldn't want to leave without them." At least, I don't think so. We'll see. Damn that Vicks. Could have been a nice, liesurely preflight and takeoff, but no, someone has to do something stupid. And now I'm sitting here, hoping nothing goes wrong on this dilapidated bucket of bolts just because we told it to hurry.

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine pokes at the display. Everything seemed in order. "On my way," he calls up at Kera as he circles around, stepping onto the sides of the ladder to slide down to the lower deck. He jogs to the entryway of the cargo bay and looks out. "That you blockin' the door?" he calls as he enters the hold.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-02-14 at 11:41 AM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera and Daine

    Hearing Daine's question, JZ hollars back, "Yeah. Get yourself a blaster and get over here. I can see shots being fired down the corridor. Looks like the rest of the crew may need some help."

    Daine can see JZ standing in the open cargo bay door leaning against the hydralics, blaster in hand. Daine can just barely make out the sound of blaster fire over the sounds of the ship's engines as the warm up.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine smirks slightly as he runs back up the ladder."Stealing your blaster, Kera," he shouts up the ladder to the bridge as he opens her quarters, spending a moment finding and verifying its clip was charged. "You getting them to open those doors?" he shouts up the ladder again before he decends back to the cargo bay. "I hope you realize I've never been good with one of these," he says as he takes up position the opposite side of cargo bay.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-02-14 at 11:40 AM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Evayn fires again and stays in step with Kaff. He calls to the miners ahead: "Keep your heads down, he's lost it!"

    [He's not within 10m yet is he? If so, add +1 to attack and damage for Point Blank Shot]

    Attack +2: (1d20+2)[17]
    Damage 3d6+1: (3d6+1)[13]

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Still sitting on the comm with the idiots at flight control, Kera blinks. He's getting my blaster? What the hell is going on down there? Making sure what she says won't go over the comm, she grins and shouts down, "aim the pointy end away from you, Daine!"

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    "Keep your heads down, he's lost it!" Kaff heard Evayn's yell from behind him. For a second, he was torn. 'I'm the security chief, I should be fighting off the enemies and he should be carrying the wounded.' But, at the speed of thought, Kaff rejected his thought. Vicks was hurt and needed help as soon as he could get it. Kaff was strong enough to carry him and Evayn had a blaster and hopefully good enough judgment to know when to fight and when to run.

    Kaff kept moving as fast as he could carrying Vicks across his shoulder.
    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    The shipping officer comes on the radio and says, "Again thank, you come." With that, the main door hanger blast doors open revealing the asteroid field beyond. The shields of the Mining Station a glow with minor impacts.

    Kaff and Evayn

    Seeing the continued blaster fire and hearing the Evayn's warning, the miners conceal themselves in one of the hatchways along the corridor. The Gamorrean quickly closes the distance but his random blaster shots continue to go a stray.

    Evayn solves the Gamorrean problem with his blaster. Evayn's shot hits the Gamorrean in the chest releasing a puff of smoke. The Gamorrean takes a few halting steps and them collapses face down in the corridor. His blaster skitters out of his hand and into Hanger Bay #2.

    Evayn and Kaff manage to cover the last 70 meters to their Hanger Bay without another shot fired. Rounding the corner into the hanger bay, they can see JZ and Daine waiting for them just inside the ship with their blasters ready to help out.

    As Evayn and Kaff approach the ship, JZ says, "If Vicks didn't want to leave that bad, you could have just left him. No need to carry him out." As Kaff gets closer, JZ sees the blaster wounds and frowns saying, "Oh dang, he got himself into a bit of trouble. Get him to his bunk. We'd take a look at his wounds right away."

    Once everyone is in the ship, JZ closes the hatchway and moves into the main part of the ship. Once outside of the cargo area, he calls up on the ship's Comm system, "All secure. Lift off."
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine follows the others into the ship, closing the hatch behind him. "So, things always so exciting?" he asks, shaking his head. "Anyone have any actual medical training?" he adds as he catches better sight of Vicks.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    As soon as JZ gives her the go ahead, Kera gets the ship off the ground. "Hold on," she calls down. Without a pause, she nudges the stick to send the ship out into the asteroid field. Then she grins, puts both hands on the controls, and begins the wild ride.
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-02-14 at 12:54 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    "I'll get up to shield control," Daine says as he feels the ship lurch forward. He does his best to get up the ladders as the ship moves, seating himself finally on the bridge and strapping himself in as he looks over the readouts. "Around the asteroids please..." he says as he starts manipulating the shield controls.

    ((
    Shield Control: Computer Use: 1d20+7 = 26, 1d20+7 = 13, 1d20+7 = 18
    ))
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-02-14 at 04:01 PM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kaff carries Vicks into his quarters and places his in his bunk. JZ arrives a moment later with a med kit. Working quickly, the trio attends to each of Vicks three wounds. There isn't much bleeding, but more of a slow oozing of bodily fluids. Once the wounds are attended to, they check his overall condition. Unfortunately, his heart stopped. He is gone. JZ whips out a resuscitation pack from the med kit and gives his best effort, but all to no avail. Finally resigned to the loss, JZ drops to his knees next to the bunk. The crew can feel the ship weave in and out of the asteroid as Kera expertly pilots the ship through the asteroid field. "Dang dang dang, Dang!" JZ says pounding his fist on the side of the bunk.

    Just then, the ship groans, and the shield generator whines as multiple diminutive asteroids(1m in diamter) impact the shields. Daine observes the shield strength drop to 90% and he begins working the shield controls. A moment later, the ship lurches to the side and everyone, not straped down, is throw against the cabin wall. The lights dim and this shield generator cuts out as a large thump is felt and echos through the ship as a small asteroid(24m diameter) glances off the shields and then the hull. The shields collapse and are at 0%.

    Daine scrambles to work the shield controls and quickly restores some shield strength(30%). Just in time the shields are back up, for more shield impacts are felt as at least two more small asteroids collide with the ship leaving the shields at(20%). Kera continues to dodge and weave the ship through the asteroid field. As a secondary effect of her piloting, Evayn and Kaff remain mostly pinned to the walls of the cabin. JZ remains by the side of the bunk, clinging to the bunk for his own safety.

    Daine continues to strengthen the shields(28%) despite the continued shield impacts, at least until a fast moving tiny asteroid(14m diameter), blindsides the ship. The impact throws everyone across the cabin and knocks Vick's body from his bunk. Once again the lights dim and the shield generator cuts out(0%). The asteroid impact echos through the ship for a few seconds before being drown out by the whining of the engines as Kera continues her hard flying technique.

    Moments later, the shield generator is heard coming back online, as the ship steadies, as a result of Daine's efforts(14%). The G-forces release everyone from the walls and even the slight pinging of small shield impacts stops. Kera has navigated the asteroid field, again, though perhaps not as successfully as last time. Daine continues to work the shield controls and quickly restores the shields to 100%. The shield, now well away from the danger of the asteroids, sits 10km above the plane of the asteroids. Weapon power is still re-directed to the shields.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    Pulling her hands off the controls, Kera takes a deep breath. She quickly glances over all the indicators to see if anything is going wrong, then looks over at Daine with a smirk. Before he can even open his mouth, she says, "no, I didn't aim for that one." Then she redirects the adrenalin rush into plotting the course for the jump back to Rutan.

    {Astrogate: 19 + 9 = 28}

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    After regaining his feet, Evayn shakes his head in an attempt to restore equilibrium after the asteroid collisions. His heart still pounding from the combination of the fight and chase, as well as the bumpy ride, he makes his way to the common area and sits heavily. I killed someone, he thinks, the concept echoing in his skull. He'd known people who had died of course, and he'd never thought of himself as someone who'd be so shaken up by death, but he couldn't remove the images of Vicks, the Gamorreans, and the woman miner back in the bar from his head. Trying to distract himself, he wanders the ship; with the hyperspace jump imminent, it seems there's little to do and he remains troubled, though he attempts not to show it.

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine falls back in his seat, shaking his head slightly as he takes a deep breath. "Arouuuuunnnnd," he replies, reaching over and poking at Kera's shoulder. "Not off of," he adds and lets out the breath. "Maybe I better get the weapons online, just in case..." as he looks over at her making the calculations. "Come find me when we're in hyperspace," he says as he unstraps and starts to head back to the engineering alcove.

    He stops in the commons when he sees Evayn sitting there. "You alright?" he asks looking him over.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-02-14 at 07:32 PM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    "Around, through, over, under: they all work in their own way. Ship is fine."
    She punches a few buttons, still working through the jump as Daine talks about weapons and gets up. She glances over at him with a smirk as he climbs down out of the cockpit. "I think that can be arranged." Then she turns back to the console and gets back to work.

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kaff continues his shuffle up the ramp and into the Mule. Following orders he brings Vicks to his bunk. As he lies the cargo chief down, he notices that something is wrong.

    The Captain enters the cabin pretty much right behind Kaff with a med kit. Kaff has a little medical training, everyone in security had to complete the mandated first aid course.

    As Kaff looks into the sightless eyes of Vicks, he fears the worst. Turning Vicks onto his stomach, Kaff notices the large burn in the back of Vicks' head. His stomach lurches unpleasantly as the security officer realizes he can see through the skull. The violent maneuvers Kira is putting the Mule through doesn't help and Kaff leaves the Captain to the resuscitation efforts.

    Moving to the common area, Kaff is knocked off his feet with the first big impact. He gets to his feet and looks up toward the bridge but knows that there is no way for him to help. 'I'm just pretty damn useless today aren't I?' he thinks bitterly.

    Managing to buckle himself into a seat at the table of the common room just in time to avoid being thrown around the room by the next major impact, Kaff continues to brood.

    As they reach open space, in a sudden move, Kaff whips off his helmet and throws it angrily at the wall where it rebounds and hits the floor, finally skittering to a halt.

    Evayn sits down across from Kaff at some stage although Kaff doesn't remember it happening. For his part, the First Officer seems lost in his own thoughts as much as Kaff is. After a second, Kaff gets up and gets a cup of water and places it in front of Evayn. "Here, this will help a little." He sits back down and says, "Vicks didn't make it."
    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    JZ comes out of Vicks' cabin and bumps into Daine while he is on his way to the engineering section. His shoulders sagging and head drooping, JZ says, "Vicks didn't make it." Pausing for a moment, JZ then inquires, "That felt kind of bumpy, did we sustain any damage? Oh, and did you check the cargo area? Is the pressure holding or do we have another leak?"

    After waiting for an answer JZ heads over to the common area and asks Trill to prepare some food. Soon enough, the ship enters hyperspace and the wonderful smells of Trill's cooking permeate the ship.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine winces visibly at JZ's news. He sighs and shakes his head. "Not entirely sure, but the shields were cut down pretty heavily a few times." he says. "I'll take a look at the cargo hold now and do a complete inspection of the hull next time we land somewhere with atmo," he says somewhat subdued. He alters his course and heads down to the cargo bay to check it out, looking in the window and checking any monitors that might be handy to check conditions inside before opening the door to verify that its safe.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    After she punches the ship into hyperspace, Kera hops cheerfully down the stairs. "Should be a shorter hop than last time," she announces with a grin. Then she actually looks around at the faces. "There's nothing to worry about. The shields held. The ship is fine, maybe a few dents, nothing serious."

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Evayn accepts the water that Kaff offers, not saying much. When Daine inquires about him, he only answers "I'll be alright," then stands and paces the ship for a time. When Kera enters, he realizes that she was probably oblivious to most of what had happened, being busy with readying the ship and piloting the dangerous course through the asteroid field. "Vicks is dead," he tells her, then goes on to explain what happened in the bar; the cheating at cards, Vicks's attempt to leave with the cash, and the ensuing blaster fight and chase. "At least we're out of it now," he concludes, "but I'm not sure how welcome we'll be if we try to come back."

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dauphinous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kera

    "Oh." Kera clamps her mouth shut and listens as Evayn recounts the story. "So, he got killed for cheating at cards." Moron. She doesn't seem terribly shaken up by this. "And now we're hauling around a dead body." This produces a little bit of a yuck face. Then she shrugs. "Well, this jump is only going to take an hour, so we'll be able to unload it before it gets gross." Then she turns without another word and heads down the stairs.

    Finding Daine downstairs, she tells him, "this jump is only going to take an hour. That's hardly enough time to get anywhere working on the droid." She watches him work for perhaps 3 minutes before saying, "I'll be in my room." Then she turns right back around, takes the stairs back up and heads into her room, passing by Kaff and Evayn with a smirk.

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Lord_Kimboat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swan Hill, Australia

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Kaff gets up and retrieves his helmet as Trill starts cooking. He looks up at JZ and says quietly, "sorry Captain. I tried, I'll understand if you want me to go." He then turns to go back into Vicks' room. He thought he'd wrap the body in a blanket or something for burial or whatever they do on Rutan.
    Full credit to Darkcorax for the avatar of my LG PC Jerdan

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    JZ frowns at Kaff, smiles, then gets a very stern serious face and says, "Obviously we'll want you off the ship right away. Daine, open up the cargo bay doors and dump Kaff out." JZ laughs a very hearty laugh. His face turns red and he leans against a wall to stay standing. He then nudges Kaff in the arm and follows him into Vicks' room saying, "Don't be so hard on yourself. The ship is intact. If Vicks was the type of man to cheat with the miners at cards he probably wasn't the sort of chap I want in control of the finances. Not that, I'd want him dead, but..."

    JZ then smiles and continues, "I totally forgot to brief everyone about the special cargo. We should deliver it soon after we get to Rutan. I'm really going to need you with these Rodian brothers. Not the trustworthy type. I think I'm going to want the whole crew there and armed. I don't want to deal with them 5 on 1. At least with everyone there, it'll be 5 on 5."

    JZ turns back to Vicks and frowns, "Let me take a look at those references and such he gave me. Maybe its got an address for next of kin or some way to get him remains back to his family." JZ turns and heads down to his cabin.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-02-16 at 07:41 AM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

    www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CO, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC)

    Daine

    Daine glances back as Kera leaves, raising and eyebrow and grinning slightly. He checks the readouts once more then nods happily. He walks back up the stairs. "It all looks good to me. I'll give it a good once going over and see what the rocks did when we land," he says as he passes by the others, then follows Kera into her quarters.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-02-16 at 10:05 PM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •