New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 11

Quote Originally Posted by Drimos View Post
    Hello! I'm a new member of this community from Europe, so I apologize in advance for all mistakes I will certainly make in the future!

EDIT: I just edited the message twice for this very reason...
    Hello, Drinks! Welcome, new member! Your original message liked fine to me!

Peelee’s Lotsey

2. - Top - End - #932
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drimos View Post
    Hello! I'm a new member of this community from Europe, so I apologize in advance for all mistakes I will certainly make in the future!

EDIT: I just edited the message twice for this very reason...
    Welcome to GitP!

3. - Top - End - #933
    Pixie in the Playground

Hullo!
    While technically I've been a forum member with a username and password and everything for two years, I've yet to make a post. I joined two years ago because after finding so many delightful homebrew races, classes, and other D&D related things I decided I may as well be a member after using so much from the forums. I'm posting now to get involved in the community, and I also really want to get in on some RP or games.
    I love D&D and I'm obsessed with knitting. I have two plump happy cats.

Nice to meet you all !

4. - Top - End - #934
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by blinkworks View Post
    Hullo!
    While technically I've been a forum member with a username and password and everything for two years, I've yet to make a post. I joined two years ago because after finding so many delightful homebrew races, classes, and other D&D related things I decided I may as well be a member after using so much from the forums. I'm posting now to get involved in the community, and I also really want to get in on some RP or games.
    I love D&D and I'm obsessed with knitting. I have two plump happy cats.

Nice to meet you all !
    Hey there, blinkworks! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and introduce yourself! I'm glad you want to be a part of this community. Have fun!

Peelee’s Lotsey

5. - Top - End - #935
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Hey all! Long time OotS reader, long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been playing RPGs for more than seven years now, and just wrapped a year-long campaign. Looking forward to shooting the breeze with the other gamers around here!

6. - Top - End - #936
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gom jabbarwocky View Post

I've been playing RPGs for more than seven years now, and just wrapped a year-long campaign. Looking forward to shooting the breeze with the other gamers around here!
    As an ex-lurker, I can only approve your decision.
    ...and now that you're aboard, enjoy your stay!
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hello, gom jabbarwocky! Thanks for taking the first step in joining the community! Love your username!

Peelee’s Lotsey

8. - Top - End - #938
    Orc in the Playground

blinkworks and gom, great names!
    Welcome and enjoy!
    --Ron--
    Awesome Rutger Hauer Jugger Avatar by Thormag
    OSRIC Wiki & Site
    I play at The Unseen Servant PbP Forums

9. - Top - End - #939

Welcome to non-lurker status!

10. - Top - End - #940
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGirl

Hello!

I'm new to D&D, I started playing about a month ago, and I've been reading a lot of posts on here to help me out during that time. Thanks guys!

I thought it proper to actually make an account and actually introduce myself. Actually.

I began reading OOTS years ago; I guess now I can appreciate it from a more experienced standpoint, so that's fun.

So yeah, you guys can continue to help me and hopefully soon I will be in a better position to repay you all.

Hooray!

11. - Top - End - #941
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Joban View Post
    Hello!

I'm new to D&D, I started playing about a month ago, and I've been reading a lot of posts on here to help me out during that time. Thanks guys!

I thought it proper to actually make an account and actually introduce myself. Actually.

I began reading OOTS years ago; I guess now I can appreciate it from a more experienced standpoint, so that's fun.

So yeah, you guys can continue to help me and hopefully soon I will be in a better position to repay you all.

Hooray!
    Welcome, Joban! I'm glad the site has been helpful! Thanks for joining! I hope the site continues to help you and you will be able to help others in turn!

Peelee’s Lotsey

12. - Top - End - #942
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

Hello all,

I've been lurking on these forums for quite a while but never registered. The information in this community has been profoundly helpful for learning new mechanics and building effective characters, and I decided that it was time I start giving back to the community. My intent is to create some 5e d&d homebrew classes/races/backgrounds/etc... while the community eagerly awaits the rest of the official rulebooks.

Unfortunately, I keep odd hours, which prevents me from being able to play tabletop RPGs either in person or by post with any semblance of regularity. Fortunately for me, I find about as much fun by creating homebrew and building characters as I do playing the game. Since I was late to the party for 3rd edition, having only started creating homebrew well after 4th edition was a thing, I have kept most of my creations to myself in the past. With 5th edition just now coming out, and my hopeful optimism concerning it, I have decided to share my creations with anyone interested.

My first edition was 3.0, and my favorite edition was 3.5, specifically the E6 variant. I hated 4th edition for a variety of reasons, but primarily because it assumed players would make optimal choices at all times. This resulted in a severe treadmill effect on leveling and killed many character concepts before they started. As a huge fan of the at-will invocations of the warlock in 3.5, it also irked me when they made 95% of all at-will powers do the same thing: roll X for Y damage. So far 5th edition appears to be a combination of most of the best features of both editions that I am familiar with as well as some great things I’ve heard were in earlier editions.

Thank you for the awesome community that exists here, I hope I don't bring down the average too much.

13. - Top - End - #943
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

Long time lurker, first time poster.

5th edition has really impressed me, and I guess that's what got me to finally create an account. I'm looking forward to being part of the conversation on the new edition, or something like that?

I don't know. It's late. I'm usually shy, but right now I feel mightily impulsive.

Now, with two posts under my belt, I think it's high time I went ahead and read the forum rules ^.^

14. - Top - End - #944
    Halfling in the Playground

Hello anyone who cares,

My name is Max, and I like roleplaying. Unfortunately, I rarely get the opportunity to play D&D and such with the friends I have who play them, so I decided to join what, from what I have seen, is one of the better or more expansive role-playing forums on the net. I like OOTS, though I've got a lot of catching up to do.

My first and primary RPG is AD&D 2nd Edition, though plenty of others have caught my attention. Anyone looking for players in a game over Skype or the like, keep me in mind. I wouldn't call myself great, but I can ensure I'll learn the rules and play attention, something I know first-hand can be difficult to come by in players.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by xyianth View Post
    Hello all,

I've been lurking on these forums for quite a while but never registered. The information in this community has been profoundly helpful for learning new mechanics and building effective characters, and I decided that it was time I start giving back to the community. My intent is to create some 5e d&d homebrew classes/races/backgrounds/etc... while the community eagerly awaits the rest of the official rulebooks.

Unfortunately, I keep odd hours, which prevents me from being able to play tabletop RPGs either in person or by post with any semblance of regularity. Fortunately for me, I find about as much fun by creating homebrew and building characters as I do playing the game. Since I was late to the party for 3rd edition, having only started creating homebrew well after 4th edition was a thing, I have kept most of my creations to myself in the past. With 5th edition just now coming out, and my hopeful optimism concerning it, I have decided to share my creations with anyone interested.

My first edition was 3.0, and my favorite edition was 3.5, specifically the E6 variant. I hated 4th edition for a variety of reasons, but primarily because it assumed players would make optimal choices at all times. This resulted in a severe treadmill effect on leveling and killed many character concepts before they started. As a huge fan of the at-will invocations of the warlock in 3.5, it also irked me when they made 95% of all at-will powers do the same thing: roll X for Y damage. So far 5th edition appears to be a combination of most of the best features of both editions that I am familiar with as well as some great things I’ve heard were in earlier editions.

Thank you for the awesome community that exists here, I hope I don't bring down the average too much.
    Hello, xyianth! Welcome to the forums! You should definitely share your creations!
    Quote Originally Posted by DoraMilaje View Post
    Long time lurker, first time poster.

5th edition has really impressed me, and I guess that's what got me to finally create an account. I'm looking forward to being part of the conversation on the new edition, or something like that?

I don't know. It's late. I'm usually shy, but right now I feel mightily impulsive.

Now, with two posts under my belt, I think it's high time I went ahead and read the forum rules ^.^
    Hello, DoraMilaje! If you want to talk about 5th Edition, we have a whole subforum for that! Thanks for reading the rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmax15 View Post
    Hello anyone who cares,

My name is Max, and I like roleplaying. Unfortunately, I rarely get the opportunity to play D&D and such with the friends I have who play them, so I decided to join what, from what I have seen, is one of the better or more expansive role-playing forums on the net. I like OOTS, though I've got a lot of catching up to do.

My first and primary RPG is AD&D 2nd Edition, though plenty of others have caught my attention. Anyone looking for players in a game over Skype or the like, keep me in mind. I wouldn't call myself great, but I can ensure I'll learn the rules and play attention, something I know first-hand can be difficult to come by in players.
    Hey there, Max! Thanks for joining! If you're interested in playing with others, you can check out the play-by-post forums on this site!

Peelee’s Lotsey

16. - Top - End - #946
    Pixie in the Playground

smile Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 11

Hello all, somewhat new to this so just bear with me. I thank you for all the input I hope I will get from you and wish to stoke your imaginative fires. Have a creative idea that needs some bounce and plan to get it here. I will open a thread for that. But for now, love that Saizo! See ya!

17. - Top - End - #947
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by highfriction View Post
    Hello all, somewhat new to this so just bear with me. I thank you for all the input I hope I will get from you and wish to stoke your imaginative fires. Have a creative idea that needs some bounce and plan to get it here. I will open a thread for that. But for now, love that Saizo! See ya!
    Hello, highfriction! Thanks for joining the forums! I'm glad you wish to contribute to the site! See you around!

Peelee’s Lotsey

18. - Top - End - #948
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

...and so I said, I venture unto new lands...and so I said, good day to you sir. I said good day.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Banned

Hello everybody.

Long time lurker first time member. I have never been part of a forum before so this is actually my first post ever. This is such a friendly community it seem like a good place to start. I'm a big fan of Oots. Xykon got to be one of the funniest characters I have ever seen.

I play D&D, lamentations of the flame princess, Call of Cthulhu, Shadowrun and New World of Darkness.
    Hope we all get along, see you guys around.

20. - Top - End - #950

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hi all

I'm Grimtina's niece, in case you know her. I am not much for talking games, more for playing them, and I have less time for chat or voice games now so I decided to try PbP - although I admit I thought it a bit old fashioned but it will probably let me play several games at once so here I am. Been trying it on a German forum but the forum died in the middle of all 4 of my games before we even got anywhere.

I'm super bad with making characters, so I usually ask someone to help me or take pre-existing chars, like when a group lost a player.

That's all, I'm really kind of boring I think.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tzevaot View Post
    Hello everybody.

Long time lurker first time member. I have never been part of a forum before so this is actually my first post ever. This is such a friendly community it seem like a good place to start. I'm a big fan of Oots. Xykon got to be one of the funniest characters I have ever seen.

I play D&D, lamentations of the flame princess, Call of Cthulhu, Shadowrun and New World of Darkness.
    Hope we all get along, see you guys around.
    Hello, Tzevaot! Thanks for deciding to end your days of lurking! See you around!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawbarian View Post
    Hi all

I'm Grimtina's niece, in case you know her. I am not much for talking games, more for playing them, and I have less time for chat or voice games now so I decided to try PbP - although I admit I thought it a bit old fashioned but it will probably let me play several games at once so here I am. Been trying it on a German forum but the forum died in the middle of all 4 of my games before we even got anywhere.

I'm super bad with making characters, so I usually ask someone to help me or take pre-existing chars, like when a group lost a player.

That's all, I'm really kind of boring I think.
    Hello, Pawbarian! I hope you have lots of fun on with PbP games here! You're not boring, don't worry! Your intro was more informative than many, including mine here!

Peelee’s Lotsey

22. - Top - End - #952
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hello world!

I'm a long-time lurker, and i decide it's time for me to join all of you on this forum. I'm joining mainly because i want to fing a PBP game to fill the void of being a player ( currently a DM in a reallife friend game, but i miss playing :( ), but i'll still lurk and who know, maybe post once of twice in the other section.

My first language is french, so sometime i'm scared of posting because i'm sure i'll write weird sentence that make no sence, but i'm trying to go over that.

Thank all and i'll see you around!

23. - Top - End - #953

WolfInSheepsClothing

Thanks for the welcome

24. - Top - End - #954
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hello everyone,

Been looking at this forum for a while for D&D stuff and homebrew, so I figured I'd finally join the other day. I'm mostly interested in playing D&D, and pretty curious to see how 5e plays out. I've also got a bit of a hankering to do some homebrew, so you might some some posts in that area from me in the near future as I figure that stuff out. I might end up doing some Pbp.

I'll be seeing you all around.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Skya View Post
    My first language is french, so sometime i'm scared of posting because i'm sure i'll write weird sentence that make no sence, but i'm trying to go over that.
    You're not the only etranger around here, so don't worry about improbable grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Gravemind View Post
    I might end up doing some Pbp.
    I'm not too much into PbP, but you'll find plenty of it.

that said...

WELCOME HUG!!!!
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Hello ladies, gentlemen, bugbears and ghouls present,

I've been playing table-top RPG games for about a decade now. I figured it was time I hit the playground and made some sand castles. I usually play in about 1 to 2 games, and run another 1 to 2. Usually, it's my own custom world and rules, but I draw inspiration (and suggestions) from a lot of sources. It's a pretty busy gig, but I never regret it. I'm currently running a Pathfinder game, and a 5th Edition D&D game. But I also enjoy (and play with) other systems like FATE Core, Apocalypse World, etc. I am really looking forward to reading y'all's material, and constructively discussing the cool stuff we shake out of our collective nogins. Peace.

-The Putrarch

27. - Top - End - #957
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ThePutrarch View Post

I've been playing table-top RPG games for about a decade now. I figured it was time I hit the playground and made some sand castles. I usually play in about 1 to 2 games, and run another 1 to 2. Usually, it's my own custom world and rules, but I draw inspiration (and suggestions) from a lot of sources. It's a pretty busy gig, but I never regret it. I'm currently running a Pathfinder game, and a 5th Edition D&D game. But I also enjoy (and play with) other systems like FATE Core, Apocalypse World, etc. I am really looking forward to reading y'all's material, and constructively discussing the cool stuff we shake out of our collective nogins. Peace.

-The Putrarch
    Welcome, The Putrarch! Sounds like you play along of fun games! I hope you are able to contribute and gain advice from the site!

Peelee’s Lotsey

28. - Top - End - #958

Quote Originally Posted by ThePutrarch View Post

-The Putrarch
    Good to have ya in the playground!

29. - Top - End - #959
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello! I started playing D&D in February with the playtest. Then I got into D&D Encounters and a 3.5e Eberron campaign, and now I love Dungeons and Dragons. My other interests include spaceflight, programming, and KSP. I want to be a NASA engineer when I grow up and I hope I will be a good member of the community.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by gutza1 View Post
    Hello! I started playing D&D in February with the playtest. Then I got into D&D Encounters and a 3.5e Eberron campaign, and now I love Dungeons and Dragons. My other interests include spaceflight, programming, and KSP. I want to be a NASA engineer when I grow up and I hope I will be a good member of the community.
    Hello, gutza1! I'm glad you like D&D! That's a cool job to want to have! See you around!

Peelee’s Lotsey