New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Default Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, Thread 11

Hello, all!
    I've been lurking about for almost a year now, so I decided to finally join!
    There's not much to say about me, so I suppose I'll leave it at that for now.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hello, another long time lurker/first time poster. Wanted to say "hello".

3. - Top - End - #153
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

smile Hello!

Hello everyone! I was introduced to OOTS by my friend about three years ago and really like the comic. I have no idea how the username "Aura" was not already taken, but am happy and hope to have a good time using this site.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Hello my lovelies. Long time OOTS reader and lurker, thought I should finally do the right thing and make an account after these years of not doing so. No idea why I didn't to be honest. But here I am now :)

As a sidenote, the "new members say hello here" link up top goes to the few iterations ago thread, in case someone wants to update it.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateWench

Hello. I'm Akavasha. For the past ten years I've been playing over at the WotC Real Adventures site. I play 3.5ed and 4ed D&D. I was taking a few months off and returned to discover another major Forum change. This time it wasn't for the best and there are only about a dozen of us remaining. A friend over there recommended this place and I've come to snoop around. This place looks great and I'm excited to poke my nose in a game or two and see how things are run around here.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello. I came here because I heard that this place was a really good place to ask questions. I'm also a roleplayer.

I've been following OotS since 2007, I think.

I'm a little physically sick right now and I'm on medication at the moment so I won't post anything else for now as I may come to regret it.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hello (Hail, well met, konichiwa, wes thu hal, etc),

I'm Edmure, finally making an account here after ages of reading OOTS and avoiding the forums like a plague because I apparently have a serious allergic reaction to nerdgasms that has only recently been cured through a combination of D&D, GoT, fantasy literature and alcoholic binges fueled by ale with fantasy brand names.

In any case, I'm a short time D&D player (3.5) currently running my own campaign for my University buddies. I've been obsessed with all things Fantasy since childhood and never grew out of a lot of it.
    I've peeked into the forums, like a courtesan peering over her silken fan from afar, several times and wondered why I never joined as you all seem very nice <insert a "Detect Evil" here>, and I'm hoping to just revel in the company of people who share my obsessions...(without actually having to encounter any of you, because physical human contact reviles me as much as the touch on an undead reviles a paladin).
    C:

8. - Top - End - #158
    Pixie in the Playground

Devil

Hello, Well Met, all that jazz.

Name's Yarrik over here, though it might be really something else! WHO KNOWS! :D

So, yeah, figured I'd just jump into the forums and see what was up. Figured I'd say hi.

I love me my video games, currently playing League of Legends a whole bunch. Occassionally Magic the Gathering on LackeyCCG, and other sorts of internet webbyness.

Also love my Tabletop stuff. Too bad my Timezone, GMT+3, doesn't allow for ease of play.
    Last edited by Yarrik; 2014-01-07 at 06:48 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello and Welcome new members.
    Welcome Theeyesofsyn (sinister name), Ailinu (Good idea-joining and all that), Hodorius (and hello must be in "", "hello" to you to), Aura (good thing you listened to your friend, huh), Euan (good catch-never noticed that), Akavasha (this place is great), Archetype EMIYA (it is a wonderful place to ask questions... the people are nice), Edmure Wytehall (that detect evil won't work-we have a lead sheet... but we are nice), Yarrik (I figure I will say hi too... hi)

Welcome again and have some cookies.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Hi there,

new here, decided to finally register after reading through Order of the Stick via Archive Binge and a similar experience with the D&D Demotivators threads. Time to stop lurking.

Found my way here after something stoked a craving for D&D again after a very long hiatus (I last played in '94 - 2nd Edition). Not sure if the craving came before or after re-watching The Hobbit for the nth time or if it was from a separate TVtropes Archive Binge. (My memory is on the decline due to age, and it wasn't that good in the first place.)

Despite the cravings, all my RPG buddies haved moved away or lost contact, and my wife and I find ourselves trying to get acquainted with the 3.5 rules. (Her last D&D game was somewhere in the mid-80's with 1st edition, maybe even Basic).

It will probably be a dead end since I'm on the road for sometimes over a month at a time, and we don't know many other folks locally who'd have time or interest for a game. It also doesn't help that I have no experience as a DM, so I'm not even sure how I'd go about setting up a game for just the two of us.

Any suggestions are welcome.
    Last edited by thud; 2014-01-07 at 11:48 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello everybody!

I had heard of this site--and OOTS--a long time ago, but it wasn't until about three days ago that I actually started to read it (I started with the first and reached the latest comic yesterday afternoon). I was also intrigued by the troper-filled forum I had heard of--I've never posted in the TVTropes forum, but I am a former recovering massive TVTropes addict.

I normally hang out on another forum--out of respect for this community and to avoid being a shill, I won't say what it is--but I doubt my friends there will take offense to me having friends here as well. I hope to have fun with all of you soon!

P.S. I'm a History major with particular expertise in ancient Rome, so if you ever want me to drone on and on about how awesome the Scipios were or quote Cicero with an appropriate undercurrent of "insufferable genius", don't be afraid to ask me. If you value your sanity or ears, however, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T GET ME STARTED!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

*lands with ground-shattering force*

Hello there,

Arrayas here. You can call me Arro, Arrmageddon, Arra or even Rayas.

I am an RPer, a PBP Gamer, a writer, an artist(both graphic and sketch-based). I've been Rping for 3 years now and gaming for 5. I've hosted more games than I've joined, I know crazy, right?

Hope to have fun here. Cheers...!

*lifts off and disappears into the sky*

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

I suppose this'd be more of a "welcome back" for me, as you can see by my join date. Long story short, stuff happened, and I lost contact with the board. I was already starting to grow disenchanted with the board when I got cut off, and while I was able to make a few sporadic visits after getting my issues resolved, I simply didn't have it in me at the time to actually return to the community. I think I'm good now, though I probably won't be doing play-by-posts anytime soon.

Anyway, welcome to all the new recruits. Hopefully, you'll all stick around, have fun, and contribute great things.
    "It's not the Wild West anymore. You can't just clean up the streets with a gun... even though sometimes, that's exactly what's needed."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Welcome back, Magatsu! Prodigal sons are rather numerous, lately...
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi everyone

Have lurked and barely posted on the 3.5 forum for a year or so now and suddenly realised I never said hi! This place has in recent weeks become my most visited website, the amount of knowledge and genuinely nice people here is amazing.

All give yourselves a big pat on the back!

16. - Top - End - #166
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateWench

Thanks for the warm welcome! I have to admit, I wandered into the Comic section and discovered there is a massive spell on the place that keeps time moving very slowly in there and very quickly out here. I have yet to go poke around in the games. I am going to have to sit down and read them all in order to release the spell and escape into the games.

Thud, your wife reminds me of myself. I played D&D in the early to mid 80's, but then life happened and I wasn't able to get back into it until about 11 years ago. The great thing about PbP (Play by Post) is that it gives you plenty of time to look up various rules and really read over your character sheet to make the best moves for the game. I see you are often on the road. When you are traveling, do you have a chance to get on the internet? Many hotels/motels have free Wi-Fi and you can buy a monthly subscription the get Wi-Fi at the various truck stops, which is what the truckers do so they can play on the Internet during their down time. If so and you have the ability, you could easily play D&D on a daily or weekly basis. Just a thought.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Akavasha View Post
    Thud, your wife reminds me of myself. I played D&D in the early to mid 80's, but then life happened and I wasn't able to get back into it until about 11 years ago. The great thing about PbP (Play by Post) is that it gives you plenty of time to look up various rules and really read over your character sheet to make the best moves for the game. I see you are often on the road. When you are traveling, do you have a chance to get on the internet? Many hotels/motels have free Wi-Fi and you can buy a monthly subscription the get Wi-Fi at the various truck stops, which is what the truckers do so they can play on the Internet during their down time. If so and you have the ability, you could easily play D&D on a daily or weekly basis. Just a thought.
    That's an option, depends on the exhaustion factor during off-hours. I tend to avoid motels that don't have wi-fi, (keeps me from having to roll SAN checks too often ) so that shouldn't be a problem.

I'd really like to try Eberron settings, so I'm still learning about that. Just got the hardcopy 3.5 PHB in the mail today, so we're working on her PC. I used Pathguy's generator for mine, we're doing hers old-school; PHB, dice, pencil, notebook. Thanks for the tip, I will definitely look into PbP.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hi all,

I started reading OotS back in 200...9? I fell off the wagon for a while, but just got caught up over the holiday break (Happy New Year by the way). Normally I'd be happy to just lurk around without an account, but I'm thinking about dropping into a PbP game if I can.

Looking forward to playing with you guys!
    Last edited by Indori; 2014-01-11 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Grammar.
    Me? I'm the king of the twentieth century.
    I'm the bogeyman. The villain.

Spoiler: Current Roster...
    Show
    Orrick Drummond ??? Luin Shei

The Dragon Empire
    PF - IC - OOC
    Saldora, the Ringed World
    D&D 4E - IC - OOC
    In the Shadow of Titans
    SWSE - IC - OOC

19. - Top - End - #169
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by thud View Post
    I'd really like to try Eberron settings, so I'm still learning about that. Just got the hardcopy 3.5 PHB in the mail today, so we're working on her PC. I used Pathguy's generator for mine, we're doing hers old-school; PHB, dice, pencil, notebook. Thanks for the tip, I will definitely look into PbP.
    I love Eberron!! It is my favorite world setting and is so much fun. The great part is that the books for it are now super cheap since they've put out 4ed and now the 5ed.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Akavasha View Post
    I love Eberron!! It is my favorite world setting and is so much fun. The great part is that the books for it are now super cheap since they've put out 4ed and now the 5ed.
    I'm slowly gathering hardcopies of the 3.5 books. It'll be months before I'm ready to DM my own Eberron campaign, but I hope it's as fun as it looks in the source material.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

'Sup playgrounders. Lurked here a while and eventually decided to create myself an acc here. My PnP group decided to put me in charge as their GM. I hope to find inspiration, feedback and whatever else is needed to becoming a good GM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Finally got round to joining a forum I have spent a wee bit of time looking around , hope to chat and have a wee bit of input to the goings on in the playground. No gossip though, well go on then what's the gossip.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Hello Giant in the Playground!

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

A welcome HUG to all of you newcomers!
    Enjoy your stay.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello to all in the playground.

I searched "D&D stories" and came upon this site. I have checked out a few things and this place looks fun.
    I'm a little lost on most of the games being played, I haven't RPd in many many years (think A D&D). I am looking forward to learning new games and rules, maybe getting involved in a PbP once I am up to speed.
    I maybe an old schooler but I feel like a noob.
    Thanks for having me here.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Hi all,

I'm Abram, a 37-year-old software developer. Even though I've been playing D&D forever, I just discovered the Order of the Stick a couple months ago. And I am really glad I did. :)

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Welcome, Humastic and abramcf!

There's a fair few of us devs in the Playground, so you should fit right in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

28. - Top - End - #178
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello good internet people, I stumbled upon this forum while researching for a Pathfinder game and found it Very useful, I hope I manage to become a contributing member and look forward to discovering all the hidden gems you have to offer.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

Wow, a whole slew of folks!!

Welcome, welcome to Fantasy Island! ;)

Be well everyone and enjoy,
    --Ron--
    Awesome Rutger Hauer Jugger Avatar by Thormag
    OSRIC Wiki & Site
    I play at The Unseen Servant PbP Forums

30. - Top - End - #180
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Hey guys!

So I got through the comics like three times and only just found out there was a forum! Seems like a nice place to hang out with other people who like table games, and full of advice too, so here I am! I hope I'll see as much friendly people here as there are unfriendly ones in the comics!