New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf V: Werewolf DnD

Oh, one small note, while I am glad Tormsskull was lynched, getting a quorum of at least 30% or something of the total population for a single lynchee is a good idea. According to Joosbawx there were 8 votes out of 43 for Tormsskull. I was starting to have second thoughts, and if I had decided to do a last minute about face I would have liked some time in which to do it. For why, the day Dis didn't die from Werewolf IV is an example. The day lasted a long time, but was easily the most fun of the whole game.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

Well, I'll probably do longer days as the numbers dwindle. Weekends by necessity will entail long days since I can't get on a computer at all on Sundays. Which means tomorrow will start a 48-hour day.
    The Chronicles of Jakwin A 3.5 D&D Campaign Setting.

avatar is a cool guy eh can bend air and doesn't afraid of anything

Don't say anything. I think my avatar might be the Avatar!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deckmaster View Post
    Well, I'll probably do longer days as the numbers dwindle. Weekends by necessity will entail long days since I can't get on a computer at all on Sundays. Which means tomorrow will start a 48-hour day.
    ((They weren't 48-hour before? I'll take note of that))
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here

4. - Top - End - #214
    Orc in the Playground

I mean a 48-hour "Day", the period between sunrise and sunset when everyone votes.
    The Chronicles of Jakwin A 3.5 D&D Campaign Setting.

avatar is a cool guy eh can bend air and doesn't afraid of anything

Don't say anything. I think my avatar might be the Avatar!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

Points at AtreyuLLink?, again.

"I'm not mourning here." Careful people will notices he doesn't actually say much, and looks slightly unhappy.

Wait... I may have missed something... ah well.
    Last edited by Exachix; 2007-01-12 at 04:39 PM.
    Cassietar!
    Lilli
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground

((Is it posted somewhere when the next day begins/ends? That would be very helpful for someone as scatterbrained as myself...))

*Ceika watches the gallows with concern, fearing another innocent may hang. She sighs in relief when the body changes, nodding solemnly.*

Well, that's one down. The gods only know how many more... But at least one less wolf will hunt tonight. With luck, another will hang tomorrow. Good Call, Jontom... keep up the good work.

*She nods to Jontom, patting him on the back as she goes back to patrolling the village.*

Still taking avatar requests! Visit my Portfolio!
    Feel free to send me a request. I'll get to it as soon as I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indurain
    Just...anytime you get hard on yourself, remember you're loved very much by a nudist and a quadraped

7. - Top - End - #217

Quote Originally Posted by Jontom Xire View Post
    Does the moonwalk

Woot, I still got it. That's two games in a row I got Tormsskull lynched on the bare minimum of evidence, and turned out to be right!!

Btw, I recommend we now look at the person he pointed at. Last game El J spent quite a lot of time pointing at me and other masons in a somewhat pointless manner. I'd be very surprised if this wasn't the same idea again. From memory he pointed at Helgraf, so maybe we need to look at him.

And now I'm going to go prepare to be eaten by werewolves. I spent most of Werewolf IV in surprise that I hadn't been eaten yet for my stunning insights. I don't expect to be so lucky this game.
    Helgraf watched with trepidation as another villager was led to his death, but permitted himself a small smile when the body turned into that of one of their tormentors. "A small victory for us ... yet werewolves hardly ever hunt alone." He went to his hut and barred the door; it wouldn't stop a determined werewolf, but it made it easier for him to sleep at night.
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2007-01-12 at 01:35 PM.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

8. - Top - End - #218

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    ((OOC: Okay bud, your memory is flawed - I ain't been pointed at yet.))
    ((Yes, you have. *goes to search for post.*

Quote Originally Posted by Tormsskull View Post
    Torm watches everyone with idle amusement. He then shrugs, and rolls a die. [roll0]

Torm then counts the 26th person on the list, and points at them.

Tormsskull points at Helgraf.
    ))
    Spoiler
    Show

Pirate Lucky by Ceika, Lady Luck by Ego, Lucky Luke by Captain Van Der Decken

9. - Top - End - #219

((Woah. I fell asleep, woke up, and was out of the game. Anyhow, good luck everyone.))

10. - Top - End - #220

You had bad luck - being a wolf and in the same game as me AGAIN.
    Spoiler
    Show

Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

11. - Top - End - #221

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
    ((Yes, you have. *goes to search for post.*

))
    Oh well, bugger all that for a lark. I thought I'd checked all the back posts. Guess I have to wonder what I did to raise the ire of our newest ghost.

:goes a hunting through backposts:

Oh, I see - he pointed at me on the day prior? Honestly, I hadn't even noticed; probably since it didn't draw any additional attention so I never felt in any real danger of being lynched. The fact he did it with a random die roll probably helped.
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2007-01-12 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Clarification and correction.

12. - Top - End - #222

((I wish that I actually paid attention to this Werewolf game, as opposed to fully concentrating on narrating Classic II... that's the second time I missed the lynch! We should really revert to the 48hr day and 24hr nights... it does slow the game down a bit, but it does allow those with hectic schedules time to read through and come to conclusions easier.))

B-Man dances a bit. We gots a wolf! Yes we dids!
    Pokémon Stuff: FC 3093-8484-9162 | Friend Safari Sunkern, Swadloon, Quilladin | List of Pokémon
    B-Kachu: Oo! Inconspicuous cookie with a string attached to it! *nom*
    Last.fm | Steam ID | YouTube

Quotes inside:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    • B-Man is frickin' kick-ass in person.
    • The Metric System is more Awesome than Americans, and you all know it!
    Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    I'd respond, but I suddenly suspect that you are far too young to post here.

13. - Top - End - #223

Quote Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
    ((I wish that I actually paid attention to this Werewolf game, as opposed to fully concentrating on narrating Classic II... that's the second time I missed the lynch! We should really revert to the 48hr day and 24hr nights... it does slow the game down a bit, but it does allow those with hectic schedules time to read through and come to conclusions easier.))
    ((A-BLOODY-GREED - I've missed both votes because work schedule combined with such short deadlines means I either have to vote mega-early (prior to leaving for work) and risk the almost certain lynch-suspicions afterward, or hope to God I can get on the computer before the vote ends - a tactic that has failed me twice now.))

Quote Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
    B-Man dances a bit. We gots a wolf! Yes we dids!
    Yes, that we did. We can breathe ... a little easier, anyway.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

Woot. We've taken out one of the wolves advantages! Well done.

15. - Top - End - #225

Decken's ghost appears.

"Hurrah! Another witch is dead!"

He incants:
    "Ex Libri of Vengeance
    Secui VI
    Versus VII X

Quod Ecce! Sanctus Cuthbert occupo - " reperio turpis veneficus , quod purgo lemma in defaeco flamma , sic suum sins may non vado impunitus." "

((Bad latin, I know.))
    Last edited by Captain van der Decken; 2007-01-13 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Think that's a bit better..
    I WILL round this Cape, even if I have to keep sailing until doomsday!
    Engaged in A Spat with Jibar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Decken by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show
    Devil Lord-to-be and proud member of the Baatezu Lovers club!

16. - Top - End - #226

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    Oh well, bugger all that for a lark. I thought I'd checked all the back posts. Guess I have to wonder what I did to raise the ire of our newest ghost.

:goes a hunting through backposts:

Oh, I see - he pointed at me on the day prior? Honestly, I hadn't even noticed; probably since it didn't draw any additional attention so I never felt in any real danger of being lynched. The fact he did it with a random die roll probably helped.

Umm, actually the "random" die roll (which you can tell didn't use the die roller) actually pointed at Ink (if I remember correctly) if you use the list on page 1.

Now call me Mr Suspicious, but Mr Helgraf is number one right now because Tormsskull pointed at him when it was clear he wouldn't get lynched. For those that do voting-patterns-by-numbers that means that they can't both be wolves, right? Except it was clear who WOULD get lynched. As I stated earlier, El J, as a mason, used exactly that tactic to try and break the voting block pattern in Werewolf IV. So since it turned out that Tormsskull WAS a wolf...

Ok, in case you're a bit slow...that makes it likely that so is Helgraf a wolf, and frankly how you can not notice yourself get pointed at, plus the fact I pointed it out to him in a PM much earlier in case we were about to lynch a mason, PLUS his responses since, and the fact that the "random" number Tormsskull rolled didn't even point to him...

I am so pointing at Helgraf next turn. Of course he could just be an innocent bystander that Tormsskull just picked wrongly at random, in which case I apologise, but given that next lynching is only the third, and as far as I know (although I'm happy to be corrected) we haven't lynched a werewolf within three lynchings unless the seer spotted one.

============

Next point:

I could be a wolf that sacrificed Tormsskull to gain trust. I think we covered this extensively when having suspicions of Death in Werewolf IV. As a tactic it sucks. Ending up being the only werewolf who is in a position of trust, you still need to work the village all the way down to you and one other to win. Given masons and other trust relationships that form it's impossible.

So I recommend the various villagers that have roles and can prove them (or not - I'll work it out anyway) get in touch with me. Of course I'll probably die tonight, but if I don't it's a start.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227

Umm, actually the "random" die roll (which you can tell didn't use the die roller) actually pointed at Ink (if I remember correctly) if you use the list on page 1.
    The list on page 1 has been change since the beginning. I.E. Gez and Captain van der Decken were both above Helgraf, which would of pushed him down to 26th. So at the time of the roll, Helgraf was 26th.

Personally, I don't buy into this theory at all, it was a random die roll that pointed at someone who wasn't being lynched is essentially all you've said. Sure, it could have rolled a wolf, but I don't buy it. Sorry.

On that note, I do have some suspicion towards Gnome Barbarian, he followed along with Krystal Tiger, refusing to vote for someone who was discovered as a wolf. Also, he was included on my list of people who could be wolves, which was about 12 long.

How did he act? He acted, instead of like he was on a list 12 people long, like I had specifically called him out. Now, what is one sign one person is wolf? They get highly defensive when someone points at them, he got defensive before anyone pointed at him. No one on that list was so offended.

I apologize for scheming at night, but with the short days, we have to go by something.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228

"Im just saying that to make a list because people voted for a someone that already had a large following isnt grounds enough for them to be a werewolf. No one had pointed at tormskull until after I had placed my suspicioun on Jontom. I knwo don't believe jontom to be a werewolf for the record. Im glad the rock got won the mayorship."

He goes into his house for the night.

Everlight Dungeon Crawl: Eberk Battleheart
    D'Emrenius Keep: Aramil

19. - Top - End - #229

Malmagor peeks out of his house

sooo...do we got one? ah, i see we did...but the wolves are probably mad right now...meep!!!

he slams the door to close it

((sorry for the absence, and the short post!))

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

20. - Top - End - #230

The list on page 1 has been change since the beginning. I.E. Gez and Captain van der Decken were both above Helgraf, which would of pushed him down to 26th. So at the time of the roll, Helgraf was 26th.
    I'll buy that.

Personally, I don't buy into this theory at all, it was a random die roll that pointed at someone who wasn't being lynched is essentially all you've said.
    So, Lucky, what makes you think it was a random die roll and not just Tormsskull saying it was a random die roll? The tactic I think Tormsskull was using, was the tactic that El J used last game, which is to point at a fellow wolf/mason, in this case a wolf. That way if they or you turn out to be a wolf then you have an alibi, plus it breaks the "voting as a block" pattern because surely you can't be in the same team if one of you pointed at the other!

On that note, I do have some suspicion towards Gnome Barbarian, he followed along with Krystal Tiger, refusing to vote for someone who was discovered as a wolf. Also, he was included on my list of people who could be wolves, which was about 12 long.

How did he act? He acted, instead of like he was on a list 12 people long, like I had specifically called him out. Now, what is one sign one person is wolf? They get highly defensive when someone points at them, he got defensive before anyone pointed at him. No one on that list was so offended.
    I'll buy that. It's a good theory, but don't dismiss my Helgraf theory. I PM'ed him earlier (in case I was about to lynch a mason) and yet IC he pretended he didn't know he had been voted for even though i'm darn sure I made it clear why I was PMing him in my PM.

So top suspicions are:

Helgraf
    Gnome Barbarian.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231

So, Lucky, what makes you think it was a random die roll and not just Tormsskull saying it was a random die roll? The tactic I think Tormsskull was using, was the tactic that El J used last game, which is to point at a fellow wolf/mason, in this case a wolf. That way if they or you turn out to be a wolf then you have an alibi, plus it breaks the "voting as a block" pattern because surely you can't be in the same team if one of you pointed at the other!
    I thought of that myself, but if you quote a die roll, if it was a real roll it will appear as [roll0] and not [1d50]26 or whatever. If you check my quote, you will see it is [roll0]. Or if you don't trust me, quote it yourself and it should say [roll0].
    Quote Originally Posted by Tormsskull View Post
    Torm watches everyone with idle amusement. He then shrugs, and rolls a die. [roll0]

Torm then counts the 26th person on the list, and points at them.

Tormsskull points at Helgraf.

It's a good theory, but the board has ways of making sure you can't fake a die roll, seeing as many rolls would be faked.

Of course it's possible he coincidently rolled a wolf, but the odds are against it.
    Last edited by Lucky; 2007-01-12 at 03:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

"One less predator feeding on our innocent blood. Excellent."

El Jaspero gives a satisfied nod at the sight of the lynched wolf, then heads back into the tavern.

NASCRAG Judge in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Inner Circle

pirate-man founder me love thog!

Sneak. A. Tar.

23. - Top - End - #233

Ms E nods in approval at the wolf corpse on the ground, then proceeds to look over the spell components. "Lizzard scales, faerie wing, Llama kebab... Ooh! A vampire fang!" In accordance with her love for a certain anime, she takes the fang.

Ms E decides to join El J in the tavern, as she is thristy from having been hiding behind a bush all day.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yay! Another one dead! And a special one too! Free drinks are on me! *heads off to tavern*
    Attack of the most awesome Ceikatar!!!!!

My stocks:OOTS 40, HNJO 88, GOLD 5.

What do you get when you cross Star Wars, Star Trek, OD&D, and percentile rolls, and jumble it up in a big pot of surrealism? This game right here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Altharis' crown is beautiful in its simplicity, a symbol of understated elegance and a sign that this man is both aware of his power and his responsibilities; the sort of guy Spider-Man would like to have a drink with.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Pixie in the Playground

Hiding in a cave, protecting my Dragon Horde, somewhere in Australia.

As everyone leaves she just sadly stares at the gallows. And now because my theoy was wrong, if it was much of one that is, well now...*sigh* she flys over to her house, and flys in the chimly, locks it, the windows,and the door.
    Oh i'm having a lovely day, exept for the blood...and death...and wolfs...and pointing at you, i wonder if they are pointing at me...oh and the anger... Ziras list goes on as Ilaissa places her staff on her desk, and curls up on her bed. I hope you have a goodnight Zira...I hope we all do.

((just keep in mind i wasen't forthcoming with my defene because i went to sleep, i just woke up now, and also: WHY DID I EVER SPEAK UP ABOUT MY OPINIONS!!!!!!!!! ...ok i'm ok now, but if im reading the posts right, i won't sead Ilaissa and Zira to their beds tomorrow, aw well, saying "I'm not a werewolf" NEVER works... *sigh*...ok goodmorning everyone!!!!))

26. - Top - End - #236

Exachix smiles, but his smiles toon fades and he wanders off to the Tavern, quietly, and sits in a corner, drinking.
    Cassietar!
    Lilli
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

So the first accusation has been set against me by Blood, for the soul reason that when Lucky had proven himself to be an ally, as he has once again done today, I got suspicious of his initial accuser. Its insanity.

(Gralamin goes to his house, drinks a cup of water and sleeps.)

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Death, your friend the Reaper View Post
    (It was Trog who seemed shifty)
    Well, I'm always like that - I'm a tavern owner. *looks left and right without moving his head in the slightest. Flicks Coffin Nail cigarette. Stalks away into the shadows.*

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gralamin View Post
    So the first accusation has been set against me by Blood, for the soul reason that when Lucky had proven himself to be an ally, as he has once again done today, I got suspicious of his initial accuser. Its insanity.

(Gralamin goes to his house, drinks a cup of water and sleeps.)
    ((Heh heh.))

Blood walks out of the tavern still occupied by El J, Ms E and probably others, quite drunk. He walks up to the gallows, giggling madly. Then he looks solemn. "A good wolf wush kill'd t'night." He bursts out laughing and splashes an ale across his face. Then he slowly walks home, still laughing at his own pathetic joke. He wonders, once he's not so drunk, if he'll be killed in his sleep...
    Yup.

30. - Top - End - #240

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Fullbladder positions himself on the Sheriff's office's front porch, with his shotgun. He narrows his eyes as he watches Blood's performance, then shakes his head as he realizes his temporary suspect was merely drunk.

The goblin's vigil resumes.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.