New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] MagCave VII: Rest for the Wicked

Flying Catgirl

Caelynn holds on to Magtok and waits.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Monster Mash - Valente, Astrana, and Angie]

"Well you guys look great, esspecially for making the costumes yourselves." Angie can sew a bit but she doubts she could put together a homemade costume. She glances around noticing that the party seems to be dying down. "Looks like this party is going to be a quiet one after all." Not that she is complaining, she has been enjoying the night.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

Calls & Cats

"I do, but seeing as this is peacetime and I hate your guts and you sent a robot to talk to me over the phone honestly who the heck does that...I'm going to have to charge. Make me an offer, Dr. Comet."

The disco ball-headed cyborg frowns briefly, realizing what a missed opportunity this is. If only Angeltok had been the one talking to Caelynn. Then this would look a lot more spectacular. Oh well. He tries to help her get a decent grip on his ridiculous costume. Important that she not fall and splatter all over the ground somewhere, because then HALO-Tobias would show up and start asking questions, and he's really not ready for another incident of that magnitude, even if he's been dying for an excuse to butt heads with a Tobias for a while now.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Quotes quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

"Yeah, I usually wear more conservative clothes. I'm not exactly the most unabashed of individuals, but it's fun dressing up in something more revealing for a while and I did feel that the moment called for it." Astrana explains. "And Val as I said earlier, is a boy scout." She grins at her boyfriend.
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post

"Well you guys look great, esspecially for making the costumes yourselves." Angie can sew a bit but she doubts she could put together a homemade costume. She glances around noticing that the party seems to be dying down. "Looks like this party is going to be a quiet one after all." Not that she is complaining, she has been enjoying the night.

Valente rolls his eyes at Astrana and gets a mischievous look. He shifts his hand down from her waist to over her butt and stealthily gives it a little squeeze. Boy scout, huh?

"Yeah, looks like it. I wasn't exactly sure what to look for to spot an exciting party, though. I've enver been to a gathering like this around these parts, before." Valente says.

5. - Top - End - #95

CAT&T

Caelynn can be skipped due to not wanting to interrupt the conversation.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

[Phonecalls]

"One, I'm using a vocal modulator for reasons I will not disclose, not a robot, two, my offer is a world where you never have to worry about that insult to all existence again. I'd like to think we share a certain dislike for his continued survival, but if you really don't want to end the threat..."

DC's idea of convincing Magtok to help involves a lot of guilt, apparently.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    (Alright, cool beans. Just wanted to make sure I didn't completely ruin your intention. )

[Monster Mash]

Cyrus ignores Marcy's attempt to extend an invitation. Unfortunately for the ex-Halfling, that bridge burned down with Louv're Tower. Even if the mage was the one who started it. "Ritzy" also gets a sharp look when Aurelia demonstrates extreme discomfort at his continued presence.

Somehow the sorcerer saw it coming, really. Still, in a surprising twist, Marciano actually apologizes for something! Okay, not really. But he kind of tried, at least in his own strange sleazy way, which is still very unusual! This, of course, does not stop Cyrus from making the universal "I'm not with him" gesture.

"Right, well I suppose it's good to hear that you're all right. This way I don't have to drag you outside for a cooldown break, which would be rather hard anyway given my current state."
    Marciano was certainly playing his part well. He really didn't want everything ruined. He has a pretty nice thing going along. Marcy will attempt to wrap an arm around Cyrus's shoulders as he gently whispers to his ear. She's bending down. Just look at that, wow. And she works for me! You're not too bad yourself, darlin'. Heheh.

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Fel kneels down and puts a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

Yeah, and don't you ever let anyone tell you you aren't awesome.
    Sure enough, Marciano begins his rather obvious ogling.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Monster Mash]

Well, at least Cyrus doesn't really care enough about other people to spoil his disguise too hard. He likes it when he knows things other people don't.

Of course, Marcy might find that his attempt to wrap an arm around Cyrus goes a little bit awry. Namely in the fact that the latter happens to be in a very, very good Ghost costume. As in, he's not even actually there and is projecting an ambulatory image of himself here. The sleazemaster's arm would go straight through him with no resistance.

Hopefully Marcy didn't try leaning on him, because that wouldn't go very well either. Perhaps that's lucky though. "Ritzy" still has a face, after all, and that could very well change if he sufficiently annoyed a full-on Sorcerer in the flesh.

Cyrus ignores Marcy's out-of-nowhere come-ons, though. He doesn't exactly have many standards, but he has to draw the line somewhere.

(He does admittedly ogle Fel a little bit too, though. )

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    [Monster Mash]

Well, at least Cyrus doesn't really care enough about other people to spoil his disguise too hard. He likes it when he knows things other people don't.

Of course, Marcy might find that his attempt to wrap an arm around Cyrus goes a little bit awry. Namely in the fact that the latter happens to be in a very, very good Ghost costume. As in, he's not even actually there and is projecting an ambulatory image of himself here. The sleazemaster's arm would go straight through him with no resistance.

Hopefully Marcy didn't try leaning on him, because that wouldn't go very well either. Perhaps that's lucky though. "Ritzy" still has a face, after all, and that could very well change if he sufficiently annoyed a full-on Sorcerer in the flesh.

Cyrus ignores Marcy's out-of-nowhere come-ons, though. He doesn't exactly have many standards, but he has to draw the line somewhere.

(He does admittedly ogle Fel a little bit too, though. )
    Marcy does not lean on Cyrus. He was actually expecting Cyrus to zap him or something. Now that he's close though, and no one else can hear.... He speaks to Cy. She has a great bod. Sorta like that little drow gal I kidnapped in the sewers along with her brother.... Remember her? Soooo long ago. Before all the nastyness with you. She was incredible. Of course, she tried to save her brother in return for... favors. Which were of course, amazing. Then, juuuust to make sure she could never forget what she did there to save her family.... I lopped off her brother's hand. Elkander. That was his name. Trissy'lene was hers. I left there with money in my pocket, and a great time. Isn't that what life is all about, hun? Enjoy it while you can, right? He then speaks in his louder voice again. Well, yeah. But there hasn't been a decent storm in aaages. It's sad too. I like rain.

10. - Top - End - #100

Catcalls

"Are you serious? Like, I don't even get partial credit for eliminating the feline menace or a coupon for half-off lapdances at the Spice Cabinet, you're just giving me the 'what's best for the Nexus' thing? In robo-talk, because I'm not good enough to hear your voice now? As if you're not already planning to take all the credit and go on tour, giving speeches all over the world about how amazing you are and how you killed the cat all by yourself? **** that. Last I checked, I never got conclusive evidence it was Vyrn who bombed my MagCave. That makes you suspect numero dos, which is Spanish for 'you're stupid, I hate your face, get lost', incidentally. Goodbye, DC."

Unless DC has something to say in the last few moments before Magtok hangs up, it looks like that's it.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Just A Quick Stop - The Lime Room]

Riss smiled back and said "We're going to my lab for a bit. Wanted to let you know before I just disappeared so you or Mimi won't need to ask around." Lightly pushing herself up on her toes, the muse aimed to put a quick peck on Misha's cheek before letting her return to the conversation at hand. Sure, it was in front of Magtok and all but this was a more relaxed sort of atmosphere than usual, right? In any case, she gave both her employer and Reina a second nod each before departing. It would be pretty rude to me as without at least a token sort of farewell.

Motioning for Aequitus to follow, she would lead the way to her laboratory, pushing the doors open and quietly remarking to herself how empty it looked now that Imp wasn't staying there. Well, a few other things had been removed too as well as some general cleaning up but it still felt exceedingly spartan now. "Take any chair you like. Need a moment to get this stuff off, though." the muse said, beginning to fiddle with the mechanical arm at the shoulder. Aequitus may note that the lab seemed to have quite a few nasty designs and weapons adorning the walls, though. And most of them didn't look like they were models either.
    The Lime Room

Aequitus stays silent as he gazes at the limbs on the wall. He appears lost in thought for a good long moment, remembering events long passed. After a while he shakes his head. "A long time ago, I'd have given anything for a pair of legs like the arms you've made." He admits folding his hands behind his back to keep them busy. "And I've known dozens who would have sworn fealty to you if you had been there to grant them such arms."

12. - Top - End - #102

Insert Pun Here

So... Who's DC? And what does "feline menace" refer to?
    Caelynn asks inquisitively.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

[Phonecalls]

"Guess we know where your loyalties lay."

Beep.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

14. - Top - End - #104

Jellyfish wall!

Aurelia blushes a bit at Fel's comment.

Thanks.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

15. - Top - End - #105

Flying Felines

"DC's this guy in Watchtower. He wants my help killing this talking cat who lives at GLoG, who's trying to redeem or pretending to redeem for bad stuff he did years ago. Like, attempting to end the entire world bad, and killing a lot of people to do so. Would've been hard, deciding whether to give Rein the benefit of the doubt or not, but DC's been a jerk lately, and wasn't even offering anything in exchange, so forget him."

Magtok flies a few feet towards Inside, and then pauses.

"Hrm. This isn't...flying with a passenger in a skirt is complicated. Fine up here over a mountain with no one around to look up, but we're headed to Inside, so..."

Magtok frowns, trying to sort this out. One arm behind her back, the other just under her knees? Probably best to do it that way, maybe.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

16. - Top - End - #106

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Flying Felines

"DC's this guy in Watchtower. He wants my help killing this talking cat who lives at GLoG, who's trying to redeem or pretending to redeem for bad stuff he did years ago. Like, attempting to end the entire world bad, and killing a lot of people to do so. Would've been hard, deciding whether to give Rein the benefit of the doubt or not, but DC's been a jerk lately, and wasn't even offering anything in exchange, so forget him."

Magtok flies a few feet towards Inside, and then pauses.

"Hrm. This isn't...flying with a passenger in a skirt is complicated. Fine up here over a mountain with no one around to look up, but we're headed to Inside, so..."

Magtok frowns, trying to sort this out. One arm behind her back, the other just under her knees? Probably best to do it that way, maybe.
    A talking cat. You're joking, right?
    Caelynn asks.
    Yeah, there's a reason we invented anti-upskirt technology.
    She comments blithely.
    When your protagonist fights like this, that's kind of necessary to have in the show.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-11-21 at 03:36 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #107

Unseen Upskirts

The cyborg shakes his head, shifting his grip on Caelynn again when one arm starts to get tired. Dear gods, this is so unbelievably unsafe, Magtok. Cael must've had like twelve drinks or something, there's no way anyone sober would trust you in the air like this. That, or her combat skirt doubles as a parachute.

"I wish I was joking, but a demon's talking cat sidekick used to be the worst, most menacing threat to the world, second only to the demon himself, who's dead now. When I tell people the Nexus is weird, they just laugh and usually that's it, they don't get that this world is really, really weird. Totally, completely, ridiculously weird. Like your upskirt technology, for example." Magtok teases. Couldn't the cat faunus just wear something a bit more concealing underneath, instead of employing shenanigans with camera angles and whatnot?
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

18. - Top - End - #108

Unseen Upskirts

The cyborg shakes his head, shifting his grip on Caelynn again when one arm starts to get tired. Dear gods, this is so unbelievably unsafe, Magtok. Cael must've had like twelve drinks or something, there's no way anyone sober would trust you in the air like this. That, or her combat skirt doubles as a parachute.

"I wish I was joking, but a demon's talking cat sidekick used to be the worst, most menacing threat to the world, second only to the demon himself, who's dead now. When I tell people the Nexus is weird, they just laugh and usually that's it, they don't get that this world is really, really weird. Totally, completely, ridiculously weird. Like your upskirt technology, for example." Magtok teases. Couldn't the cat faunus just wear something a bit more concealing underneath, instead of employing shenanigans with camera angles and whatnot?
    It's mainly due to confidence that she can handle a 100 ft. drop.
    ...good point.
    Now now, we both know that's not how anime works.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #109

Fwoosh! Next Round of Posts in Inside!

"Is it? I don't actually know what upskirt technology even means, I was just teasing. Is it magic that makes people look elsewhere, or do you have, like, lasers on your butt, that zap any pervs trying to perv upwards? No, it's not butt-lasers, is it? A whole bunch of mirrors? Hrm..."

No! Bad Magtok! No, you're not allowed to add butt-lasers to your repertoire! Nobody even tries to look up your robe anyways, what would even be the point of that?!
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

20. - Top - End - #110

((Just so you know, i posted in Inside!))
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #111

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Misha Meows

Reina bends down to give Misha cat a few scritches. "Such a good kitty."

She sighs wistfully and straightens as Misha returns to her tablecloth and reforms. Even this cat, perfectly sculpted as she was, couldn't talk. It'd be a terrible conversation partner. I mean sure, there's cat talk and then there's cat talk. But still. All the same, this is probably the closest Reina will get to something remotely along those lines.

Ah well. She'd be more upset about it if it weren't her own bed of roses. She really just tries to avoid thinking about it most of the time. "It's all over Magtok. You can stop hiding now."
    Cyborgs, Cats, and Crushes

"I wasn't hiding!" Judgetok exclaims indignantly, as if anyone would ever believe that. "I just...I already gave my explanation!"

The mewing and mentioning of kitty does a little to make that weird feeling in Magtok's ego go away. Reina's a cat, moron. You insist on calling her Cat all the time, just to hammer home the differences between you and her, to claim a sort of speciesist superiority. Of course her dream lover is a cat, now get over yourself, sheesh.

Flying Catgirls and Caustic Phonecalls!

Magtok leads her outside, at which point his wrist suddenly starts playing music. A rather embarrassing excerpt from Queen's Fat-Bottomed Girls, to be precise. Looks like DC's calling.

"Hang on, I've got to take this."

Caelynn might want to take 'hang on' literally, because the disco ball-headed MagClone suddenly starts floating up off the ground, pulling her up along with him as he does so, as his wrist switches to speakerphone.

"Hi DC! Bad timing, I'm afraid. Yeah, see, I was right in the middle of flirting with this cute catgirl from HALO at the Halloween party. Hm? Oh, I dunno, maybe an eight, nine out of ten? Score would be higher, but she was nervous around Clegg, and I usually only go for the ones who look like they could break my arm in twelve places, y'know? Oh! Speaking of, is KR still with Wendy? Still?! Shoot. Also, yeah, somehow party's still going on even though it's November outside. Nexus time, am I right?

Anyways, none of the other Magtoks wanted to take the call, so I'm stuck with it. I don't know what made you think we were on speaking terms, buuuuut...you have all of one minute to convince me not to hang up on you, starting from the first syllable of your first word, kay? Kay. Also, I have a computer in my head, so don't think I won't know exactly when your time is up. Go."
    And Cyborgs Crushing on Cats

"Yeah, well, unless you want to see me change water into wine I'm out of party tricks now. You two have anything impressive to show off?" Misha's kind of perplexed that most of her party tricks so far are causing wardrobe malfunctions. Must just be a coincidence.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

22. - Top - End - #112

[The Lime Room]

Riss gave Aequitus an odd look as she set the prototype armor on a work table. "...Why is that? Is there no form of prosthesis in your... I don't suppose you have much in the way of internal cybernetics, do you?" she asked as she began working on the leg as well. ...I really do need to make time to say hello to Charon again, now that I think of it. Actually, if the lore is right, then I could.. Wait, hold on girl. Focus on what's in front of you first.

A few other things aside from arms that shot and arms that grasped adorning the walls were models of apparently cybernetic neurons as well as what looked somewhat like a case to hold a spine and brain but was currently empty. Over all, strange decorations for a strange person. Still, at least by now she wasn't leaving the place completely devoid of any human existance.

Aequitus may spot a small, white hexagon that was about the size of a dinner plate scuttling around at this point. Of course, it was headed right to him so it was hard to miss, really. It seemed somewhat crablike in it's design although it appeared the small sensor array could raise up like a highly flexible periscope at will while an array of tools seemed to be incorporated on the side of each of four sticking out the top. It seemed to be chittering to itself for whatever reason as it observed the techno-paladin.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Party Tricks

Two very impressive things actually.

"Ummm... I dunno. I can summon magic animals in the more traditional sense. Like rabbits in top hats or doves. That sort of thing."
    I'm sure Reina has some more... esoteric and dangerous tricks than that.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

24. - Top - End - #114

Reina Turning Tricks for Treats

Magtok briefly tenses at the mention of rabbits and top hats, before shaking his head. "Nothing impressive here. A Nexus celebrity impersonation or two, but I haven't really practiced it enough to be very good at it. Oh, and this one thing with a yo-yo, but that's mildly horrifying and I probably shouldn't have even mentioned it."

...A mildly horrifying yo-yo trick? How in the world do you scare someone with a yo-yo?
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

25. - Top - End - #115

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Party Tricks

Two very impressive things actually.

"Ummm... I dunno. I can summon magic animals in the more traditional sense. Like rabbits in top hats or doves. That sort of thing."
    I'm sure Reina has some more... esoteric and dangerous tricks than that.
    Reina Turning Tricks for Treats

Magtok briefly tenses at the mention of rabbits and top hats, before shaking his head. "Nothing impressive here. A Nexus celebrity impersonation or two, but I haven't really practiced it enough to be very good at it. Oh, and this one thing with a yo-yo, but that's mildly horrifying and I probably shouldn't have even mentioned it."

...A mildly horrifying yo-yo trick? How in the world do you scare someone with a yo-yo?
    Magtok Pimpin for dat Candy Corn Grill

"Oh, is it the one with two pheasants and a pile of frozen dung? I used to know someone who could do it, but when he tried to teach me I wound up putting someone's eye out so he wouldn't let me touch his yo-yo again." Well then, Misha is certainly full of half-remembered stories today.

"Don't suppose you could make two pheasants appear, could you? I've never seen that one fully completed before. We can freeze the punch to simulate the rest of it."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

26. - Top - End - #116

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Valente rolls his eyes at Astrana and gets a mischievous look. He shifts his hand down from her waist to over her butt and stealthily gives it a little squeeze. Boy scout, huh?

"Yeah, looks like it. I wasn't exactly sure what to look for to spot an exciting party, though. I've enver been to a gathering like this around these parts, before." Valente says.

Always a boy scout!

Astrana just gives Valente a glance an amused look, not showing any clear reaction to his sneaky squeeze. "Looks like the party is over if you ask me." Astrana replies. Darn nexus time. "Nothing have happened so far and I don't think anything remarkable is going to happen at this point."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Brain Surgery

At some point, the MagMobile arrives at the MagCave with Magtok and former MagTern Sunny. Magnificent!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yeah seems a bit lame for your first Inside party. Though I suppose it could have been worse. If Angie notices the sneaky butt squeeze she doesn't say anything about it. Since she isn't blushing or trying to hide a grin it is probably a safe bet that she didn't notice it. "Well since it seems to be winding down in here we should probably get going as well before Magtok releases some flying sharks with masers on their heads to chase us out. Oh yeah here I have something for you guys." Angie reaches into her small purse pulling out a simple buisness card. It simply says Angie on it with the smaller words Healer and Empath underneath it. On the back of the card is a phone number and address. "If you guys ever need help with a problem feel free to give me a call. The address is also the hospital I work at." She says.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Valente takes the card and looks it over. "Thanks, Angie. We'll have to keep in touch." Valente says with a smile for her. "It was nice talking with you." He says honestly. It's nice to meet new people, especially when they turn out to be quite pleasant!

30. - Top - End - #120

"Thanks." Astrana replies as she let's Valente accept the card. "I'll be sure to remember that, it's really nice making some connections around here, especially ones which are so nice to talk to. We'll be sure to contact you again if there is something."