New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Out in the Black: Alpha Panda

Frisco Town Bank
    The Bank is a large, two story building, on this day festooned with bunting and flags, but in actuality; the second floor is accessed by a separate staircase, and will serve as the location of much of the planned festivities for the return of the local boy made good.

This Renders Cole's trip to the bank a hard task to make his way through the crowd, unless he fancies throwing his weight around… literally. And then the Londinium* wave of cheering washes over him.

*Mexican

Balley's Carriage
    The speech of the local bigwig is cut short by the miners cat calls, and J.W, the M.O.P takes the stage to rowdy cheers. The engine noise and the crowds spook the horses somewhat, and Balley goes to calm them.

The local well to do townsfolk seem a little put out their grand speech of welcome is cut short, but J.W.'s take to the stage brings quiet, as he outlines his joy, his feelings of comradeship with miners and towns folk, and just how gorram good it is to be out of the core and out from under the eyes of the Alliance.

It's this cheer, as he leaves the podium, that really gets the crowd whoopin', a hollerin' and like any good mining town crowd would, firing shots into the air.

It's this shot that spooks one of the horses. It reacts, like any horse would, with a swift kick.

This swift kick connects with Balley Sackett, who crumples like any normal man would, and he staggers to the side of the carriage, as J.W. along with a well endowed, and very attractive redhead climb into the rear, and seat themselves in the plush seat.

"Y'all gonna have to drive the Buggy for me… Get J.W. to the Lawrence Saloon, and all the parts y'all need are on me."

The Band is assembling around the Carriage, and an Honour guard from the mine is forming up too.
    Necromunda Total War:IC
    Necromunda Total War:OC

Spoiler
    Show
    Brair Freeman of Tariola, 4 levels of Ranger.
    Amiri Pakeha Khan, M.Eng Ship's mechanic.

And I'll dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance in the oldest boots I own,
    to the rhythm of Tom Payne's bones.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Robyn Reed

Sitting up front of the carriage Robyn let's out a concerned yell as Balley Sackett crumples to the ground. "Medic!" She turns surprised to JW and the redhead, then looks to Morgan. "How's yer drivin' skills?"

3. - Top - End - #213
    Firbolg in the Playground

Cole
    Frisco Town Parade

"'Scuse me ma'am... sir...", the soldier tried to be polite as he attempted to push his way through the crowd on his way to the bank. Once that didn't seem to be panning out, he pulled his pistol with the idea of shooting it into the air to get everyone's attention. However, when he did... everyone else had started gorram shooting as well... in celebration of whatever the jing shwi MOP had to say.

He screwed up his face in frustration; things were going very sideways-like and it did nothing for Cole's temperament. Making up his mind, he cracked his neck from side to side and then began forcibly shoving his way through the crowd.
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall
    "I am not a warrior." "Very soon... you will be."
    - Conversation between Ahmad ibn Fadlan and Herger the Joyous

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yawielas View Post
    Robyn Reed

Sitting up front of the carriage Robyn let's out a concerned yell as Balley Sackett crumples to the ground. "Medic!" She turns surprised to JW and the redhead, then looks to Morgan. "How's yer drivin' skills?"
    Morgan

Morgan shrugs, then deftly picks up the reigns for the carriage.
    He had a distinctly bad feeling about this.

Spoiler
    Show

No applicable skill, Agi only

Agility:
    (1d10)[4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

5. - Top - End - #215

Balley's Carriage
    No sooner had the M.O.P. sat down, than the carriage started to move. Morgan's unfamiliar hands on the reins however… after a few steady steps the horses jerked their heads, the reins went wild and so did the speed of the carriage.

The Guards around the carriage couldn't keep pace, and the lead three realised that Balley was no longer driving. For all they were mine guards, they weren't apparently in on the miners plan. They tried to stop the horses, but this only succeeded in spooking the horses even more. Luckily, they weren't crushed under hoof.

The team of horses broke from a trot into a canter, and the carriage rattled along behind, scattering the crowd. Anyone glancing back would have seen the M.O.P.'s lovely young fiancé in said M.O.P.'s arms and either comforting him or being comforted.

The Miners were cheering still, as the carriage picked up speed and headed up main street. The town's folk are just realising that their stately turn about town with the band playing and them all showing off their finery is probably no longer on the itinerary, as the band is discarding instruments, throwing cap's around, and joining the rest of the miners in cheering the carriage on it's way.

Of course, this dosn't help the horses, who are still acclerating. Morgan and Robyn are starting to get worried now… this is a lot harder than it looks on the cortex.
    Last edited by Adlan; 2014-02-22 at 05:43 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Robyn Reed

Robyn tries to aid Morgan as best she can. "Where we goin' again? Let's just not run anyone over on the way!"

Roll in ooc

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Sia
    Street

The doctor stewps up to her man as he pushes his way through the crowd. Don't worry, love. Someone will give us our Lìhài de pay. In cash or flesh or blood.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

8. - Top - End - #218

Cole
    Frisco Town Parade

"Don't I know it...", he replied to Sia as he continued to try and push his way through the crowd.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

9. - Top - End - #219

Frisco Town
    Cole manages to make some further progress, and his imposing physical presence is enough to discourage conflict, even with those who would see it as a challenge, the presence of Sia behind him makes their rim world chivalry hold off.

Until he shoves a rather well dressed youngman who won't listen to a polite request. Said young man then turns.

His face is not bright, but has a certain canny - ratlike - intelligence. And his voice is a whiny drawl.

"Don't Y'all know who you're shovin'? he asks, clearly expecting the answer to be you backing down. He looks past Cole, and see's Sia.

"Maybe you don't… be I'd like to get to know her" He leers at the good doctor, and shoves Cole back.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220

Cole
    Frisco Town Parade

"I don't have the jing mai time for this...", Cole removes his pistol and presses the barrel of the silvery metal against the man's nose, nearly shoving the thing up his nostril. If it had been any other day, he probably just would've been satisfied to sock the guy on the jaw and let it be at that. But the big man had already been pushed around enough today.

"You're standing in me and my lady's way, fella. I don't much reckon I care too much on how you clear on out of here... whether it be by your own two feet or by my smoking hogleg here. Shiny?"
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Sia
    Frisco Town

Sia smiles at the young man. Placing a hand on Cole's arm to restrain the man, Sia steps up past him.
    You think you're up to the job? Well, for my services, you have to pay to have yourself placed in our registry, then you have to apply for the services of a Companion, and then one of us has to respond to your request. The process is quite long and laborious. And expensive. she then wraps her arm around Cole's.

And this fine young man has already paid.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

12. - Top - End - #222

Don't Bring an Ego to a Gun Fight

There's a perfect moment of still and clarity, as the young man drags his eyes away from the copper jacketed round gleaming at the base of a barrel that's both 3 miles long and 3 angstrom's from his eyeball.

He takes in the beautiful face and figure of Alpha Panda's good doctor.

The moment is interrupted by the Scream and Fainting of a another tall and striking woman, who although in her late 30's at least is as striking as the good doctor.

He takes this moment to wet himself. His fine breeches darken as some of the surrounding miners all start laughing at the young man who has clearly offended the honour of a fine lady. Such a fine lady to have such a muscular and skilled gunman at her side.

No one had seen Cole's hand move, the gun had appeared like a snake bite.
    Last edited by Adlan; 2014-02-24 at 05:20 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Gregoire Reaufort
    Frisco Town Parade - Upstreet

Greg frowns at his ship mate's lack of subtlety, but that may be just what they need to get things set right, and he had Sia with him to keep him from getting out of hand. He is busy trying to place himself in the shoes of the missing schoolmarm, scanning the crowd for any telltale sign of her firey hair. The task is made somewhat easier as the crowd begins to part like butter on either side of a hot knife. Until, of course, he sees why they are parting - a carriage, presumably with the recently-arrived VIP and being driven (rather poorly) by two members of his crew is barreling down the street.

"Merde," he cusses. Why couldn't they do anything right today? He makes like the rest of the crowd to get out of the way, but then has a notion. His gloves were unlikely to knock out a horse - heck, there were humans who'd been hit without immediately going down - but they might sedate it enough for Robyn and Morgan to get the other one to fall in line. He prepares to fire a shock pulse at the nearest horse when it passes him by.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

14. - Top - End - #224

Cole
    Frisco Town Parade

The soldier took Sia's hint and played along, choosing simply to walk past the young man, with the good doctor upon his arm. He holstered his firearm once they were beyond the scene and Cole shook his head as he fought back a laugh.

"You never let me have any ruttin' fun, Sia.", he playfully chided the woman that walked with him. But soon after, he set his mind back to the task at hand. He began forcibly moving his way through the crowd once more, in an attempt to get to the bank.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

15. - Top - End - #225

Scenes Colliding
    Frisco Town

Morgan's hold on the rein's had not steadied the horses, and nothing Robyn tried seemed to calm them, distract them or prevent them gathering speed, scattering the crowd in front of them. The carriage gathered speed, but the embracing passengers at least seemed not to have noticed either the change of the crowd from good cheer to panic or the change of pace.

The carriage careered up the high street, and as they began to pass the bank, the knots and movement of the crowd began to force the horses sideways as they tried not to get trapped, finding no exit, they tried to turn, the panic of the crowd firmly gripping the animals.

As the carriage began to tilt, expecting the horses to be passing by, greg finds them to be much closer, and aiming a burst from his open palm, he sends a light pulse into the nearest horse. A flash of light and sound followed by a visible ripple in the air was all that indicated it's flight.

The effect is immediate, and the turn, which would have resulted in a crash, turns into a slide on the dusty high street, kicking up a cloud.

When it clears, amid the coughing of the crowd, it's clear that one horse, with a dazed expression face on his head has halted the progress of the other two bye the simple expedient of not moving, the other two horses were not happy to have the traces slam into their rears, and Balley might not be happy with the rough treatment of his prize transportation.

The people who are happy are the miners in the crowd. While the dust is still settling, they launch a hearty cheer, to the confusion of the more genteel townsfolk, who are all gravitating towards the rather disheveled figure of the woman who fainted. She must have recovered very quickly to notice and avoid a trampling by the crowd.

The miners gather around the carriage, who's VIP's have noticed things weren't going exactly to plan. Of course, for the miners, things are going to plan. They grab the M.O.P with more cheers, and carry him, and his beautiful fiancé shoulder high up the street one more building, towards the Lawrence Saloon.

This probably counts as one of the shortest parades in the 'verse.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Gregoire Reaufort
    Crashed Carriage

The ship's ambassador dusts his hands off on each other, which doesn't actually do anything useful, he just likes the opportunity to briefly strike a smug pose. He then proceeds to the somewhat worse for wear carriage, specifically the driver's seat, to assess the condition of his crew mates.

"You two alright? Mind tellin' me who all convinced you it was a good idea t'drive a horse-drawn buggy like it were a Core world racer?" he asks, a mix of concern and amusement in his voice. He looks up at the crowd, and notices the "schoolmarm" being carried away next to Jaydubblyuh. "There've been complications with the exact nature of our payment. Cole, Sia an' I are workin' on figurin' out what's up with that, an' that woman they're carryin' off with the MOP is the best source of info." She helps the pair to their feet. "You feel like bein' my muscle when I go ask the M.O.P.'s fiancee where our gorram pay is?" he asks Morgan with a grin.
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Morgan Blake
    Crashed Carriage

Morgan climbs out of the vehicle, then jerks a thumb at Sackett's direction at the first question, and helps Robyn out of the carriage, giving her a reassuring clap on the shoulder when she gets her footing.

At mention of the absent pay, he nods and pats the pistols on his belt.
    Spoiler
    Show

Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Robyn Reed
    Frisco parade

Robyn steps out of the carriage and brushes off her dress, nodding to Morgan as he helps her. Answering Greg, she says:"Wasn't really our idea. One of the horses knocked Sackett out cold, and the VIPs told us to drive. Didn't seem so difficult till all hell broke lose with the shootin' an' all. I hope he's okay, our equipment is still at the store."

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

Lei

Lei cracks a smile. "Don't worry so much about the pay. If he doesn't hand it over, we've got a good chance of getting it anyway. If they use a computer all the way out here, I can get it out from there. If not, well, I'm confident enough I can stick Alpha Panda over the bank long enough for us to just haul the vault right out of there."

It might be fun to cause a bit of intentional mayhem.
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Sia
    Frisco Town

"You never let me have any ruttin' fun, Sia.

Sia snuggles up next to Cole, pulling him in close to whisper in his ear.

Later, love.

She starts winding through the crowd, trying to reach the bank.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2014-02-27 at 02:56 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

21. - Top - End - #231

Fargo Bank
    The Bank was shut. A long press through the thinning crowd. They seemed to be splitting up just as you made for the bank, and you get caught in the contraflow of townspeople heading towards the banks second story, and miners heading to the bar.

Amid the miners roars, you catch snippets of conversation.

"….Jimmy's done it again, embarassed his'elf and his mama…."

"...T'ain't Miss Brigit Pretty…."

"Nora fainted clean away at the sight…."

"What will the Ruttin' Ladies Comittee say now JayDubleyah's gone drinkin' they'll be Tian Fuhn Di Fu"

"...A Companion you say?…."

And eventually you find your self jostled constantly by the people heading upstairs to the hall, looking at a large set of very locked looking doors.

There is a sign on the doors:

BANK HOLIDAY FOR PARADE
    signed Mr Blake

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232

Cole
    Frisco Town Parade

The soldier's blood was all but boiling at this point. They had been played, pure and simple. And now it was just a matter of figuring out who all had been in on it. The schoolmarm, no doubt. But Sackett?

Cole turned about, now intent on finding either one of these individuals... whichever happened to be the closest.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

23. - Top - End - #233

The Lawrence Saloon - Frisco

Six rotating fans hang from the high, coppertooled ceiling in the largest, most ornate, and cleanest bar in town. Their holographic candles give a glow to Pete Lawrence’s Saloon which stands above the rest — no matter what Pat
    Malloy may say. The wood floors are oiled and clean, the brass railings that run around the walls are polished, and the wall paper has a velvet texture.
    Three poker tables line the south wall, but the real showpiece is on the north wall — the ornate and lovingly polished bar that runs the full length of the wall. Behind the bar gleams Pete’s pride and joy: a wide mirror with beveled
    edges. The mirror affords any man at the bar a crystal clear look at whoever might be lurking behind him and, therefore, the mirror has endeared itself to the entire town.

Practically the entire town seems to be crammed into the bar right now, with the staff taking a roaring trade, and a band playing while J.W. McClarin declares a toast to the honest working men of the Miners Guild.

Of the Schoolmarm, Miss Brigit, there is no sign. You occasionally catch a glimpse of red hair, but as you see it in at least three different places and it's so crowded how would you ever be sure.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Gregoire Reaufort
    Frisco Town Saloon

The ship's tactician goes into "all business" mode as they enter the saloon. He doesn't want to cause a commotion or draw more attention than necessary. "Morgan, you wanna take a look-see for alternative exits t'this place? Our 'friend' from the schoolhouse seems t'have ditched her fiancee, an' I don't fancy her slippin' out some back door while we make asses of ourselves in her absence. The rest of us will comb the crowd and see if we can't smoke 'er out. If she's not hangin' with the M.O.P. then she's probably tryin' t'git lost."
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Morgan Blake
    Frisco Town Saloon

Morgan nods, and makes no bones about strong-arming his way through the crowd, checking the perimeter for anywhere someone could have gotten out.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Robyn Reed

Robyn started back the way the carriage had careened from, to see about Sackett. A horse's hoof could do a lot of damage to a man's brains, and she hopes his is not too mushy. There is still parts and pay to collect, and she needs him sound of mind to get that fixed.

27. - Top - End - #237

Frisco High Street

The street's were slow to clear, as no clear instruction had been given. Still it was a day off from work and most people were still going to make the best of the afternoon.

Three who weren't looking their best we helping a fourth looking distinctly worse for wear, recognisably Balley Sackett turning off the high street at the Jail.

The Lawrence Saloon* - Frisco
    As Morgan makes his way through the crowd, looking for Brigit and the exits, his pushing and shoving jostles a group with their backs to him, as Morgan was headed for the back corridor. There is the crash and tinkle of broken glass, someone's drink has been spilled.

*There's more than one Saloon in Frisco. This ain't no two bit, one hovercar town.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Sia
    Lawrence Saloon

Sia steps into the bar, still holding onto Cole's arm like a dainty lady.

She walks into a scene that looks like a bad day crammed into a small room. She watches the mute soldier shove his way through the crowd. She watches the glass fall and decides to hold back.

After all, she thought, He's Alliance. He knows what he's doing, right?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

29. - Top - End - #239

Lawrence Saloon

"Watch Who You're a Shovin'! Came a snarled voice, as three burly miners turned. They didn't round on Morgan though, but faced down a short, rather dumpy man in the unbuttoned shirt and fancy slacks of a mine guard from the parade.

"Oi! Prod!" The biggest, and probably smartest one growled.

"You spilt my drink!" Shoving the mine guard violently backwards, the three miners advanced on him intent on violence.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Adlan View Post
    Lawrence Saloon

"Watch Who You're a Shovin'! Came a snarled voice, as three burly miners turned. They didn't round on Morgan though, but faced down a short, rather dumpy man in the unbuttoned shirt and fancy slacks of a mine guard from the parade.

"Oi! Prod!" The biggest, and probably smartest one growled.

"You spilt my drink!" Shoving the mine guard violently backwards, the three miners advanced on him intent on violence.
    Morgan Blake
    Lawrence Saloon

Morgan contemplates proceeding through the crowd, then doubles back, tapping the miner on the the shoulder and gesturing to himself, then the drink lying on the floor.
    Spoiler
    Show