New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Ashtrails Draws For You! (Check First Post for Status!)

Quote Originally Posted by Stake A Vamp View Post
    so, request for some drawings. i have this cool location for the final battle, and i want them to get the idea, and i am bad at explaining things (which also means i may not explain this as well as i would like, so feel free to PM me with clarifying questions, or take artistic licence, either way.)

so the idea id a giant, floating crystal pentagram. the central pentagon is solid, but the "arms" (the bits that lead to the points, there is probably a name for those, but i don't know it) are just two paths leading out from the central pentagon. in the centre of the pentagram is a small circle of runes. at the end of each "Arm" there is a spire, and at the top of each spire there is a nexus of one of the five elements (wood, fire, water, earth, metal). however the nexi are frozen and the pentagram is coated in ice.

thanking you for your consideration
    -Stake A Vamp
    Hey,
    soooo...how do I put this?
    I'm really, really sorry, but I have to go white flag on this one.
    I tried, failed, tried again and now I'm at a point where the time invested/intention ratio is a bit screwed up (technically, I could botch something out, but I wouldn't be happy with that)
    Frankly, I found out something like that is above my level. Close or simple scenery is doable, but this is sadly more like concept-artist major league stuff, with all the detail despite the frickin' huge scale.

Again, sorry to disapoint. Feel free to request something else, though, if you want : )

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

*Eagerly awaits open spot, as he finally has a character*
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    *Eagerly awaits open spot, as he finally has a character*
    Heh, well then (even though you already found a way to bypass the system ;D ) :

There will be 3 new slots (+1 for Stake a Vamp)!
    Take a shot at the next round today, December 8th, 3 PM, CET (central European time).

Take a look at the first post's guidelines. They're your friends : )

Cheers
    Last edited by ashtrails; 2013-12-08 at 05:27 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

A Black Skinned Humanoid, it had the basic shape of a man, two arms, two legs, and...a head, or at least what could pass for one, being all mouth. Black, almost pitch black skinned, and muscular, with two clawed limbs the normal length of arms. Armored leg plates cover his legs, He wears no other armor. His head is garbed in something like a Pharoah's Headress, dark blue and dark gold colors. His Impressive sword strapped to his side is a serrated longsword, with a hilt of dark blue, and a blade of black metal. He has two long tentacles running from his back, as he stands, proud and regal, like a king.

Sorry if a bit long, I'd feel bad asking anymore of you, so I'll post this one here, and you can feel free to ignore the dA one.
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

okay, so
    ill try to make this one less complicated.
    also, i will just put a free out saying that if this one is still too complicated (I have an affinity for detail)

pick one of two

Spoiler: choice A
    Show
    so, a Giant demigod. the frost king. he is a giant, looks like a human with a well-trimmed blue beard, ice white skin, and glowing eyes. his armour consists of a plate mail tunic, and permanany magical warding, made by the runes on his tunic. he wears a helmet with wings and a nose guard, but it otherwise leaves his hardened and merciless face unobstructed. his hammer is long, he weilds it with both hands. it looks like an icicle rounded on the wide end. with an iron band just a foot before the striking end ( the rounded end). the iron band has inscribed into it the giant symbol for wrath.
    wow, that came out more detailed than i had for him yet.

Spoiler: choice B
    Show
    pale, harrowed men, clearly mad by the look in their eyes. their limbs are long and bony. their hands are thin and clawed. their feet are angular and end in talon-like toes. their legs are stunted. their bodes are slight, their rib-cages clearly visible. and their mouths are large, and filled with long sharp teeth

that is all. procced
    my AMAZINF avatar by ceika

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Hey there! Lots of good work here, to be sure. Miles ahead of anything I've drawn lately.

Anyway, since I've a character I've been meaning to have drawn and there's this handy open slot right here, well...

Spoiler: Cyrus Ahu!
    Show

Cyrus Ahu is a villain, and he embraces that role wholeheartedly. Human in appearance if not mentality, he's a high-functioning sociopath at best and a cruel psychopath at worst.

He's quite handsome, or so some say. A short-ish mop of carefully unkempt reddish hair lies upon his head. He's fair-skinned and by some accounts pale, though not inhumanly so. His eyes are clearly colorless, whites meeting pupils without care for the iris in between, twisted into a predatory gaze. He's always cool and collected, feeling nothing but disdain and faint amusement of and from those around him, and as such his lips usually form a wry smirk rather than any display of emotion. He has a long but narrow nose, not a major feature of his face but more of a frame for the rest of it.

He occasionally suits himself in enchanted leather armor if he's expecting a fight, but he's much more comfortable in a 1920s-style pinstripe suit, like so.

He's lean and of average height, but possessed of a wiry strength that can take people off-guard if they're expecting him to be a squishy wizard. However, his true strength is in his Sorcerer's Ways, and he does love to show that off even when he's not actually trying to kill anything.

Anyway, sorry if that's too complex, but there's my submission.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2013-12-08 at 08:24 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

okay, so
    ill try to make this one less complicated.
    also, i will just put a free out saying that if this one is still too complicated (I have an affinity for detail)

pick one of two

Spoiler: choice A
    Show
    so, a Giant demigod. the frost king. he is a giant, looks like a human with a well-trimmed blue beard, ice white skin, and glowing eyes. his armour consists of a plate mail tunic, and permanany magical warding, made by the runes on his tunic. he wears a helmet with wings and a nose guard, but it otherwise leaves his hardened and merciless face unobstructed. his hammer is long, he weilds it with both hands. it looks like an icicle rounded on the wide end. with an iron band just a foot before the striking end ( the rounded end). the iron band has inscribed into it the giant symbol for wrath.
    wow, that came out more detailed than i had for him yet.

Spoiler: choice B
    Show
    pale, harrowed men, clearly mad by the look in their eyes. their limbs are long and bony. their hands are thin and clawed. their feet are angular and end in talon-like toes. their legs are stunted. their bodes are slight, their rib-cages clearly visible. and their mouths are large, and filled with long sharp teeth

that is all. procced

Busy week, but here we are!
    Spoiler
    Show

Threw in some coloring, don't tell anyone ;D
    Hope you like him!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ashtrails View Post
    Busy week, but here we are!
    Spoiler
    Show

Threw in some coloring, don't tell anyone ;D
    Hope you like him!
    . i love it. it's brilliant

thank you so much for your (likely massive) effort. the product is truely magnificent
    my AMAZINF avatar by ceika

9. - Top - End - #39
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Here's a request:

A female engineer (gnome/dwarf halfbreed that evolved to survive on cramped submarines and small underwater caverns) artificer. Dressed in travelling clothes with a chain shirt covering the upper body, dark goggles over her forehead and weilding a crossbow that has a shortsword blade attached as a bayonet (which will no doubt receive other upgrades later on).
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

. i love it. it's brilliant

thank you so much for your (likely massive) effort. the product is truely magnificent

All in a day's work, good sir and thanks for the kind words : )

Well, well, had to lower the pace due to the holidays, personal work and some other stuff life threw at me, but here's the next one:

Spoiler
    Show

Very much liked the idea, hope it transported well enough!

Otherwise, hope you had a nice Christmas, lots of feasting and in case I won't get anything done till next year:
    Party hard, see ya in 2014!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

Heyhey!

Just wanted to say: I haven't forgotten or abandoned you, I just have a pretty huge personal project to deal with at the moment.
    Apologies for that, but everything will get done in due time : )

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh my God it's been a while...

Let's just say this took me so long because I needed to get 10k GP to raise this rotting thread, okay?
    Sounds way better than work and this poorly programmed game called "Real Life"...

Anyway, I don't even know if the people who requested this are still around, but:

For Bayar:
    Spoiler
    Show

For bladeofObliviom:
    Spoiler
    Show

There'll also be a new round and I'll try to pull through in less than a year this time ; )

Cheers
    Last edited by ashtrails; 2014-12-29 at 10:21 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Oh my God it's been a while...

Let's just say this took me so long because I needed to get 10k GP to raise this rotting thread, okay?
    Sounds way better than work and this poorly programmed game called "Real Life"...

Anyway, I don't even know if the people who requested this are still around, but:

For bladeofObliviom:
    Spoiler
    Show
    *snip*

There'll also be a new round and I'll try to pull through in less than a year this time ; )

Cheers
    Oh wow, you're still alive.

'tis a nice piece of work, though. Thank you very much! I have to say, I never quite imagined the character as a smoker, but the cigarette is a nice touch.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2014-12-29 at 08:05 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Firbolg in the Playground

Good to see you're not dead!

Do you think you could do another of the characters I posted?
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

Never dead, only dreaming!

Actually, I powered through a personal project and revised a poker deck I drew once. Some kinda annual skill check basically. After that I was, well, creatively burned out for a couple of weeks and when I was ready to draw again, my job thwarted my plans : /

Anyway, we're back online and here's something:
    Lenny:
    Spoiler
    Show

And the Skyport:
    I gave it a shot, but landscape really, really, really isn't my strong point.
    Also, something of that scope is waaay above the timeframe I usually 'calculate' for these and more in the field of professionals. but maybe i'm just a bit whiny : D
    Spoiler
    Show

Alright, there's still one open slot.
    Join the fray, if you like, people!

Cheers

16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground

Exclamation Re: Ashtrails Draws For You! (Check First Post for Status!)

I already got one, so feel perfectly free to pass me by, but I'd like to toss a request out there anyway- a half white dragon minotaur with a greataxe.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

I think dragons have some ongoing contest who of them can come up with the weirdest one night stands with bonus points for even weirder results...

so, yeah, you'll get your dracotaur ; )

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay... Hi!

I guess this is worth spending a diamond.
    It's been... a while. Sorry.
    Life does that.
    I know it's probably way too late, but after all this time, here, your Dracotaur:
    Spoiler
    Show

In other good news, it's that time of the year again!
    You want your character drawn or maybe even want to surprise someone for Christmas?
    Let's hear it, I think I can comfortably manage 3 people for now : D

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Could I request one of these (your choice!):
    Spoiler: this
    Show
    A human psion. He is levitating slightly, and surrounded by some kind of colorful (well, shaded) magical effect. There is a gem embedded in each of his hands.
    Show
    A pirate wielding two revolvers. They are on the deck of a ship, and are holding their revolvers as if they are ready for a fight.

or
    Show
    A tall, masked humanoid carrying a long, magical energy sword. They hold it in an offensive stance, as if preparing for battle. The character’s mouth and nose are covered, showing only the character’s eyes and part of their forehead.

Thanks!
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2018-12-05 at 10:42 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

alrighty, I'll get cracking.
    will do my best to post before christmas : D

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

alrighty, I'll get cracking.
    will do my best to post before christmas : D
    Thanks! Any idea of which one you’ll do?

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm going for the sword fighter.
    So, if you want to add any more specifics, feel free, otherwise I'll just go wild : )

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going for the sword fighter.
    So, if you want to add any more specifics, feel free, otherwise I'll just go wild : )
    They’re wielding the sword in one hand, and the other hand is being used to cast a spell (you can draw it however you want).
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2018-12-21 at 08:30 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

Merry Christmas and all that!
    There you go, hope it's not too far off from what you've imagined : )
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Merry Christmas and all that!
    There you go, hope it's not too far off from what you've imagined : )
    Spoiler
    Show
    It’s awesome! Thanks!

26. - Top - End - #56
    Banned

You might want to edit the title to something like, "Ashtrails draws for you [CURRENTLY FULL]" Or something along those lines. Or more, and more, and more people will want them.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Banned

A Black Skinned Humanoid, it had the basic shape of a man, two arms, two legs, and...a head, or at least what could pass for one, being all mouth. Black, almost pitch black skinned, and muscular, with two clawed limbs the normal length of arms. Armored leg plates cover his legs,

28. - Top - End - #58
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by In 4 Dimensions View Post
    It’s awesome! Thanks!
    Happy to deliver! : )

Quote Originally Posted by lopa12 View Post
    You might want to edit the title to something like, "Ashtrails draws for you [CURRENTLY FULL]" Or something along those lines. Or more, and more, and more people will want them.
    The current errr... system... has proven to be robust enough (i.e. detailing in the first post, which I edit accordingly, when a round starts and how many people I can handle), but thanks for your concern : D

As for your request... it sounds familiar, I think I already did that one!
    However, given how much time has passed I can give it another whirl, if you want; or you can ask for something else, I don't mind either way : )
    Last edited by ashtrails; 2018-12-26 at 07:24 AM.