Results 1,441 to 1,464 of 1464
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Total War - Icon City (IC)

Majesty
    Internal [pm]

Spoiler
    Show

Just so you know... The hijacking is taking place in early morning. If you commit the vampire, then in about 20-30 minutes he's gonna have to seek shelter or be a crispy critter.

WEB WARS
    (Yuppieville Team) [pm]

Spoiler
    Show

As you debate the way ahead, shots ring out!

Peering out the window, you see commotion to the south. Looks like someone's climbed a water tower and is sniping at some of the WEB troopers around you...

A barrage of return fire is organized, though you don't have a good angle to see results. For at least 5-15 minutes, it looks like the perimeter around you is gonna be disrupted...
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lazarus Technology

Polygraph (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Yeah, there's not much going well in the city right now...

Yes, I am rather certain the Heralds are simply pawns to take down the mystical factions. It sounds like Father Figure was possessed specifically to form the cult in service to the goals of Screamthief and the Children of Yig. And Belladona is the mentalist of the Hardliners, by the way, not a leader of the street gang. I suspect she used her powers to calm the mob that was going to assault Carter's place. I know the ICPD had the wrong idea about what her role was.

As for the Graveyard Gang, their attack on Pyre Manor was to grab the Deathmask of Imhotep. It's the container of the spirit of the most powerful necromancer in history, a polymath and demigod, who built the Pyramids, the most potent magical nexus in the world. Every time it is used, a minor zombie apocalypse occurs. All of that according to Gilgamesh, so take it with a grain of salt, but there's certainly some truth to it. Apparently he helped build the Pyramids, back in the day... I don't know whether the Gang is aware of its potency or what they intend to do with it, but it can't be good. I personally suspect the death of the caretaker of the graveyard was them obtaining corpses to fuel whatever scheme they have. They also aided Merlin against Aquatica because he had some blackmail on them and called in a favor. Grim and Tombstone also were the ones to hijack the Demeter, though I do not know what they were after. I suspect Morganstern's war is either for something they or Aquatica stole, or he's just trying to nab Atlantean magitech.

I believe that is all I have with regards to threats to the city. Is there anything you can do to help the Hardliners, Merlin, Carter, or myself with the Children?

I also know almost everything that occurred with the Crossroads Club, if you would like me to speak on that as well.

[OOC: How is the time going to work with this and the ICPD war? I'd like to ask the Director for help coordinating things, but I don't know if I can bring it up. Or get hired on as a liaison between the MRB and the heroes. They get to claim credit for any good I do for the city, and can say I overstepped my bounds and fire me if I mess up. Based upon everything I know, I clearly am very good at staying on top of events in town. Since the other heroes just don't tell them ANYTHING, it seems they need someone in the structure to relay information and coordinate efforts. At least to Gilgamesh, Hardliners, and Merlin, who tend to avoid the more lawful elements of things...]

Roll Call (P)
    Spoiler
    Show
    [OOC: Since phones aren't glitching, I'll call all the following groups to see if they're available to help with the ICPD war. Doing all these communications individually would be an absurd amount of work for you for a simple answer, so if I could just get a list of available capes, that'd be good. Some worked with the Antibloods, so they know I'm good at information with Sanguinius' lair, and I have the Reputation to help convince the rest I can do this.]

Semper Fire
    Eight Ball
    Freeway
    Wiretap (I don't know if I have a number to call)
    Lightning Centurion (I dunno if Copper is still in the game, so I'll assume he's an NPC unless told otherwise)
    Dervish
    Monomyth (I know he can't talk and just escaped the Crossroads, so I don't expect this to get me anything, but I'd rather check)

"Greetings. This is Doctor Lazarus. The villains of the city have joined forces and are actively being coordinated in this war on the police, and the heroes need to do the same. I know the groups in the city rather well and I feel I am capable of fulfilling that role, so who here is available to fight off the offensive?"

To the Hardliners (P)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Major Disaster? This is Doctor Lazarus. Since the city is somewhat going to hell, I'll be direct. The villains have someone behind them coordinating this war, and the heroes need to do the same. With my Databases, I know most people in the city as well as enough information to be able to know the counters for the villains, so I thought I'd step up. My systems are currently compromised by a virus from WEB, so I'm limited to phone calls, but I have a plan. Can I count on the Hardliners' help?"

To Merlin (P)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Greetings again, Merlin. This is Doctor Lazarus. Are you available to help fight against the villain's coalition? They have a central figure coordinating all of this, and I feel the heroes need the same. My Databases place me in a unique position of knowing most people in the city, so I thought I'd step up."

To the Limpeza Chama (P)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hello again. While I do hate that I seem to only call you when there is a war to fight, I need your help. I'm trying to rally together a counter-offensive to help the ICPD, and I would like to know if you're available. And what your people have a talent for. I don't know if you'd work best against what I think is Aquatica's magitech lobster or the Family siege."

Internal (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions:
    Follower Action spent. Technicians and augmented spies purge my system of the virus. Whatever I need to do to fix it, do it. Likely a hard system reset and reinstall. If I have nothing illicit on my systems (which I believe is the case at this point in time, as the Draugr data is still on the flashdrive Lazarus keeps on him and nothing else I've done is illegal. Yet.), ask the MRB for assistance or hire a local firm in town for a fix. The Director may be interested in dissecting Arachne's virus, or be willing to repay me for giving them the research data with this minor favor. Don't call in outside help if anything nefarious is on my drives. If there isn't, then I'll spend up to [5 Cash] as is needed and use my Reputation to try to get some help.

VIP Actions possibly spent. If War can help with the reset, then have her do so.

2/8 Follower Actions left. ?/? War Actions left. 3/5 Pestilence Actions left.
    19 Cash. 5/11 TP.

Questions:
    The virus would mean I'm currently at 19 Cash and haven't bought the superstrength arms? I don't know if I can call Friendly Fire.

Did Leyline come through with [Icon City 2]? I'm going to need to deal with him otherwise.

And Family is charged [2 Cash] or a favor for healing their followers. Or however they're paying, if Sergei has arranged some other manner.
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2014-04-28 at 11:18 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1443

Majesty

Internal
    Spoiler
    Show

Yet again I am confused by timeline. If I know that I have time between night with vampires and ambush on Torchberers, then I would plan all things diffrent. Ok, no matter.
    As for vampire, there is alternative route to coordinate with SCK. ; read below. I think it can go smoothly.

To SKC (P)

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: I am assuming that magnetic controller didn't destroyed all cell phones of SCK goons. And that SCK know who Majesty is and what he is doing. (May my [Reputation 1] help here? Pretty please)

Hello, Majesty here. As you are probably aware by now, your people were attacked by Torchbearers and small army of Garren Gomar, a nasty hero. I need to get on the line with your people out there to coordinate battle.

Last edited by Madwand; 2014-04-27 at 05:15 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Troll in the Playground

Drug Bust Addendum [GM]
    Spoiler
    Show

As a note, Garren is also shooting to wound at Capes, and to kill at gun-toting goons.

Also, if enemy reinforcements start arriving (mainly, if the SCK/Mob guys get to the scene before I've cleared out Majesty), retreat. Use a frag or stun grenade if necessary. Take the semi if possible, set it on fire if not.

Regarding the semi. If I clear out Majesty's goons, two follower units start getting the semi out of there ASAP, and after that is done it's retreat time. If it seems I can't get the semi out in time, pour some of the gasoline on the drug shipment, set it on fire and get away.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ogre in the Playground

Sergei

Spoiler: To the Family (P)
    Show
    "Arreeght, so Sergei can get ye some sereeous air support. Dun come cheeap though, guy be askin' [5 Cash] fer it, so zat be yer earnings fer ze station down ze toilet. Sergei dun theenk ye be vantin' zat, but jus' say so eef ye do."

"In ze meantime, Sergei vill see if he can get some o'zer help fer ye. Mebbe cut ye kiddos some o'zer way outta zere, fer cheaper hopefully."

"Also, ze crab be a cranky one, 'n din much care fer Sergei deesturbin' it. Think ye should tell ye guys zere to keep zeir heads down, 'n not draw attention to zemselves."

Spoiler: To Graveyard Gang (E)
    Show
    Hey Gravies, look like things be going well over where ye be, eh? Good job, well done, and all that!

So listen, think ye folks might have the time to swing over to Barside? Sergei's boys there be pinned down by the piggies, and mebbe they be wanting an escape route. Think ye can dig one fer them, if ye have the time?

Spoiler: Arachne (E)
    Show
    Aw, dang. Now that really be a bummer, eh? Sergei already be getting a headache, thinking about how Sergei be having to explain to his boys later why their backup not be there for them.

Oh well. Okay, what can ye be telling Sergei about what be going on there in Yuppieville? Sergei can pass it on to that bastard in turn, might help when it arrives to bail mister Tarantulas out.

Spoiler: Internal (PM)
    Show
    Okay, learned two new things today. 1) Shifting locations in [Fog of Blood] mode entails losing some of the material gathered, so keep that in mind. 2) Animal blood can be affected by [Haemokinesis]. Good to know, might be useful if Bloodwind has to fight the Golden Flock.

Alright, so heroes are confirmed to be in the area, and at least one of them can produce an EMP big enough to wreck havoc with the whole of WEB's forces. Most likely candidate would be James Edison, and that could be problematic.

So, slight change of plans; Bloodwind will roll in with the Fog, but not go in swinging like previously planned. Instead, it will first track down the location of the heroes under cover of the Fog, and try to determine what adversaries it is facing. Keep an eye out for Edison in particular, that guy could be the biggest threat to Bloodwind.

Also, form a [Blood Golem] mode that's just good enough to provide some protection for Bloodwind, without depleting the [Fog] too much. With heroes around, let's not take chances going around unarmored.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Lantern:

Yuppieville Team (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It seems we have a break to leave if we want. But some of the medics still can't move, and I don't want to leave them"

"Gentleman Genius, if necessary would you be able to sterilize some things for me?"

((How long would it take to get one of the medics ready to be carried out of here? How long would it take to get to safety and back again?))

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Leyline

Sergei
    Spoiler: email
    Show
    Unexpected maybe, but perhaps not uncalled for. The way I see it, last few months have seen a lot of villains making a go for the big prize, but none of them really make it past stage one. Now maybe I don't want web to get the win (don't know nearly enough about their motives), but I sure as hell want the heroes round' here to take the lose.

Arachne
    Spoiler: Email
    Show
    Hello again sexy, guess I should have guessed from the whole spider theme. Just wanted to throw in my lot against the heroes, about bloody time they take a proper gut-punch or two. I've not got... anything really... in the way of fighting strength, but you'll not find a better hacker in this city, save yourself perhaps. Got a crisis zone where I might apply my skills? I've already got something in mind for bailing out the waterfront.

The Family
    Show
    Just gonna send a wink your way and hope this works. Good luck in there, enemy of my enemy. I'll take a crack at those bastards besieging you if I can.

ICPD
    Show
    Next time listen to my attempted blackmail Rackam!

Internal
    Spoiler: PM
    Show
    Okay, with the battle at the waterfront where the family is besieged, are there any police choppers around, from the trait that the ICPD have I figure there might be? If there are I'm going to whip up a SuperVirus gadget and launch it through communication channels at on of them and try and drive it into another one, Leyline is a smart guy with training in basic physics and mathematics (he even just started some new courses , so if he can angle the trajectory to crash one copter into 2 other copters he will do that, and he will try and land the whole lot on the squad cars that are apparently disgorging troops.

[2 follower actions to quick build a super virus, 1 VIP action to upload it]

8. - Top - End - #1448

MRB
    to Lazarus [pm]
    Spoiler
    Show

Carceri goes through half a pack of cigarettes while Lazarus speaks.

"Don't worry about explaining the Crossroads Club. That situation's known."

"Imhotep... Grief. That's all we need right now." He gets up and paces.

"Some of your facts are scrambled, but some we haven't heard before. We'll have to verify them. I think your sources may be suffering a bit of degradation with each retelling."

"The Hardliners are currently detained for other issues. They didn't want to give up their toys, so they're throwing a fit and acting immature right now." He frowns. "I'm not sure why they thought publicly using illegal military grade hardware in civilian sectors was something we could overlook."

"In any case, Doctor, you've been a great help. We owe you a debt for this information, though you understand we can't be seen to show favoritism. Nonetheless, should you ever have problems in the government arena, come talk to us. We shall smooth things out."

"Do you have any business before you leave?"

INFLUENCE GAIN - MRB

(This is all happening before the ICPD war.)

Roll Call
    Lazarus [pm]
    Spoiler
    Show

Semper Fire - "Already on it!"
    Eight Ball - "I'm out of the city, can't help, sorry!"
    Freeway - No response
    Wiretap - Looks like email's the only reliable way to contact her.
    Lightning Centurion - No response
    Dervish - "Effendi, you want me where I am, doing what I'm doing right now. Trust me on this. Goodbye."
    Monomyth - Doesn't seem to have a listed phone number.

Lazarus
    Internal [pm]
    Spoiler
    Show

Your people start working on the virus... It's a pernicious thing. They haven't met success, yet. Too, your system is set up for easy replication of data... the virus is having a field day there. Your lead tech offers a choice.

-More actions and possibly some cash spent replacing equipment...
    -Purge 2 database levels, flushing the contaminated sectors.

Sadly, at this junction, the MRB is too busy to help out. Crisis going on at the minute, and all.

SCK
    Majesty [p]
    Spoiler
    Show

Uh, dawg, you know our people on scene are there with some Caviliogne boys, right? You can show up if you want, but there's no guarantee mobsters ain't gonna send bullets your way.

Graveyard Gang
    to Sergei [e]
    Spoiler
    Show

No time. What he's doing right now is taking a hell of a lot of oomph out of Digger. Too, that station's got a foundation on rock. He can't do anything with rock.

Metal Gear Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh [pm]
    Spoiler
    Show

A few minutes pass... The people in the house don't seem to be moving.

To the south, Gilgamesh sees a roiling red fog on the horizon. That's the Bloodwind, and it seems to be coming this way...

Arachne
    to Sergei [e]
    Spoiler
    Show

Don't know. Got reports of heroes spotted, including the Knight of Blades. He fought a few troopers, took out some power armor. Then POP. Big EMP.

There's an unknown speedster in the area, too. Older man. Tried to penetrate the base, but was detected almost immediately.

WEB WARS
    Yuppieville Team [pm]
    Spoiler
    Show

"Certainly, I've steam to spare for sterilization," the Genius offers to Jacob's request.

OOC: (Jacob: You could spend actions to try and get the guardsmen in healthy enough shape to move. You're a medic, you're good at that.)

While watching out the window, James Edison can see a red haze starting to fill the horizon to the south.

The Bloodwind is coming.

Arachne
    to Leyline [e]
    Spoiler
    Show

Oh, don't get distracted by the whole spider thing. It's more of a mutually beneficial alliance. Friends with benefits, ne ces't pas?

As to what you can do for WEB right now... Well. Hm.

Right now the crisis point is in a blacked out zone.

But, if someone could get to the Utility stations and manually subvert the power broadcast array, pull power from the rest of the city to beam an excess into Yuppieville, then WEB's odds would improve... It'd have to be done manually, though. GC&E keeps their important control programs off the network.

Leyline
    Internal [pm]
    Spoiler
    Show

Sure, there's 3 choppers there. Alright, you build a CRASH virus, and start uploading it... That'll act in Mid-turn 2.
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2014-04-29 at 11:03 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1449

Lazarus Technologies

Lazarus to MRB (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Likely there are things lost in communication. I hope to be a bit closer to the source in the future.

And I don't think there's any other business to talk about. If you ever have need of my assistance, don't hesitate to ask. Admittedly, there's not much I can provide at this moment aside from information that you likely already have most of, but keep me in mind. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to my clinic to purge Arachne's virus from my systems so I can return to normal work..."

Internal (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Can I purge Level 1 Databases then simply trade for them again without action cost? Presumably Level 2s would "turn off" and not work until that is completed, but that would be nice way to take advantage of my trait.

Assuming I can't, because that seems somewhat silly of an idea... This is any 2 levels of Database but I can't cut off lower levels than my max. I think just dropping [Magic] to 0 would be fine, as I can likely get Carter to give me [Magic 1] back this turn and maybe pay a bit for [Magic 2] next one. It is, by far, the least helpful category for me at this point, as everything else ties into my front and back-end much closer. Do this if I can't do my somewhat broken of an idea with dropping lower rungs of my high levels. Drop to 8 Database, purge the system.

Did I get [Icon City 2] from Leyline? And, if not, does that mean I get my 2 Follower Actions back?

2/8 Follower Actions left. ?/? War Actions left. 3/5 Pestilence Actions left.
    19 Cash. 5/11 TP.
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2014-04-29 at 11:52 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

Sergei

Spoiler: To Arachne (E)
    Show
    Arright, I see. Thank ye m'lady, that should be enough.

Sergei think that bastard be heading that way, right now. If ye can find some way to talk to mister Tarantulas, tell him to be getting his folks ready.

Spoiler: Internal (PM)
    Show
    Sergei

Okay, if Graveyard Gang can't do anything about Barside, I'm out of options to offer Family. Here's to see if they want to shell out for some drone support.

Bloodwind

Right, so confirmed Supers in the area are Knight of Blades, the unnamed speedster, and the guy who created the big EMP; probably James Edison.

[Anti-Power Tactical Acumen] + [Powers 2]: Quickly come up with some tactics that the Bloodwind might want to use against each individual Super, at its present level of power. Emphasise 'divide and conquer' tactics, making sure to create situations where they are unable to support each other.

Knight of Blades - Being a paragon means he might engage Bloodwind in order to keep it away from his more vulnerable comrades. How is the KoB known to fight, and what options does Bloodwind have that might be useful against him? Does Bloodwind have enough fine control with blood to smear a large concentration of it in the vision slits of KoB's armour, blinding him to take him temporarily out of commission, and giving it time to go after his friends? Either way, mark his entire suit of armor with blood, and use [Metal Tracking] to telegraph KoB's movements.

Speedster - Could be Freeway, but don't know for sure. In any case, what works against a speedster? Increase density of the Fog to reduce visibility, make him unable to see where he's going? Going [Blood Golem] might make it invulnerable to anything the speedster might try. Consider the use of [Improvised Tear Gas Grenade] against the speedster; after all, "You’ve never really seen someone flip out until you’ve seen a speedster flip out."

James Edison - An especially troublesome opponent, since it's probable that blood is a conductive substance. Utilise [Anti-Technology Tactical Acumen] against him too, who knows what he might be packing and what needs to be done to neutralise his gear. May have to test the limits of Bloodwind's fine control over blood; is it able to create a bubble of air around itself within the Fog, making it act as a Faraday cage? Maybe if it starts by blanketing the [Fog of Blood] throughout the area, covering even Edison's comrades; might discourage him from being too trigger-happy with his electrokinesis, for fear of zapping his own friends. Salvage insulating material with [Resourceful 1] for a crude anti-electric suit? Try hot-wiring a car in order to use Car Fu against him with [Adaptive Combatant 1], and shield itself from electricity at the same time (might not work due to EMP... maybe try jacking one en route, and drive the rest of the way to Yuppieville)?

Come up with tactics on the fly, should there be other Supers with them. Scout ahead by sending the [Fog of Blood] ahead of itself, and activating [Metal Tracking]; should be able to determine the position of the enemy, they would be the ones who are loitering in the area instead of running away like your usual panicked civilians. Would also serve to put the [Lovecraftian Horror] Rep Trait to full effect, shake the morale of any mooks who might be with them. Go in close with [Urban Camouflage 1], try to get eyes on the situation before making its next move. It has already put the [White Mask] on, so any witnesses around should not be able to find out the Bloodwind's true identity.
    Last edited by Ascaloth; 2014-04-29 at 11:16 PM.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1451

Majesty

To SKC (P)

Spoiler
    Show

F*ck, but we don't have lots of choice. Would you mind to inform them that I am ally here?

OOC: ok, so wait for one answer and if Mob is uncooperative I will post another plan..

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Colossus in the Playground

Gilgamesh's Revengeance [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, damn."

Gilgamesh's curses seem quite a bit subdued when he's alone. Nothing for it, he needs to get the heroes out of there.
    He climbs to the nearest roof, as quickly as he can, then begins firing round after round into the soldiers surrounding the house, not caring if they manage to locate him.

If they move in his direction, he'll start a running retreat, trying to lure them to the mist and away from the cornered heroes.

If they ignore him, he'll fire until he's out of ammo for the sniper rifle, then circle around again, sneak in as close as possible, then charge.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

13. - Top - End - #1453

Lazarus
    Internal [pm]
    Spoiler
    Show

You would have to spend actions purging the level 1 databases, but you could trade in new ones for no cost, sure.

I don't know if you got IC 2 from Leyline. Look at your google sheet. I'd have to go check. When did you arrange the trade?

SCK
    to Majesty [p]
    Spoiler
    Show

"They say okay, but any funny business and you eat bullets."

WEB WARS
    Yuppieville and Gilgamesh [pm]
    Spoiler
    Show

CRACK!

CRACK!

The noise draws the attention of the holed-up heroes, who peer out from the windows to see Gilgamesh up on a nearby roof, firing down on the WEB troopers around the perimeter!

...Sadly, they were waiting for something like this. Return fire rips up at Gilgamesh, who takes a few rounds, and dives off the roof.

...But Shortcut sees him stand up and start moving through a few backyards, dropping the sniper rifle and drawing a sword as he readies to charge...

14. - Top - End - #1454

PaladinGuy

Leyline

To Arachne
    Show
    Okay, I think I can work with that. Sounds like an inside job though, and I don't like danger without pay. If I'm gonna try this I want twelve [cash]

To the Family
    Show
    I'm going to try and deal with those Copters that are harassing you. You're on your own for the rest, good luck.

15. - Top - End - #1455

Lazarus Technologies

To Semper Fire (P)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Can you get a message to the other heroes? If anyone needs information or healing, give me a call, I can try to help. There is the Yuppieville assault on an underground WEB base, the Family siege, Aquatica's magitech lobster, Major Majors air support, the Bloodwind's interference, the street punks, and what I assume is Gravedigger of the Graveyard Gang using his earth control to bring down the last station. I know things about all of them that could help take them down, or at least minimize losses in whatever fight you get into. My email has been compromised by WEB, so I'm limited to a phone, but I'll do what I can to assist."

Internal (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    He was going to crack [Icon City 2] at Midturn and send it to me in exchange for [Powers 2], so it's in my Midturn and I would hope his. Checked with him on Skype and the deal is still on.

How many actions would it take to purge [Magic 1] and [Movers and Shakers 1]? I feel I can get Virtue and Carter to send me backups of those with ease. If possible, I get War to spend the actions, if she's willing. Because I need my spies to grab the stolen Morgantech (TP) and find me a soldier this turn. Does that check out? Spend War's actions to fix the systems by purging two level 1 Databases?
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2014-04-30 at 09:11 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Thumbs up Re: Total War - Icon City (IC)

Family - Sergei
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leyline has informed me that they will be trying to disrupt the Police around the Station. Hopefully it will be sufficient enough to bust out.

Family - Leyline
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would be much appreciated. If this works out, you've earned a friend in me.

Family(Internal)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leyline has informed me of their plan to crash the police helicopters. I assume this will cause considerable chaos within their ranks, at least for a time. My men will take advantage of the chaos and attempt a breakout - hitting a single section of the barricade, hard and fast, hopefully overwhelming the ICPD opposing me. Using the AT Launcher for extra kick if needed.

My Dirty Cops have new orders. Sergei informed me that the Crab is a bit grumpy and should be avoided. Instead, of hitting the police from the inside, they will withdraw from the immediate area and make a show of some sort of work - I don't know, keeping the battlefield clear of civilians or something. Basically, staying away from the Crab but not necessarily deserting.
    Last edited by oblivion6; 2014-05-01 at 12:06 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1457

Majesty

TO SCK
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good. Give me phones numbers and let's burn those Gomar' goons

Internal
    Spoiler
    Show

Plan for midturn 3.2 is like in previous messages. I am not going to use any tricks on my unexpected and temporary allies and with Shifter Scarf, Mob will not even see Majesty.

18. - Top - End - #1458

Arachne
    to Leyline [e-he]
    Spoiler
    Show

Best I can do you is 8 cash, hun. Take it or leave it.

Semper Fire
    to Lazarus [p]
    Spoiler
    Show

"I'll try, but it's not like we all know each other or have easy ways of contacting each other. Hell, you saw what Arachne did to Super-Pac when they tried to set up a Hero network..."

War
    to Lazarus [pm]
    Spoiler
    Show

"Hey, boss? I'm good, but I'm kind of crunched for time. I've got enough [actions] left to purge 1 database, but not both. You'll have to find someone to do the other one."

SCK
    to Majesty [p]
    Spoiler
    Show

"All right. Here's the numbers of our troops that are almost onscene."

19. - Top - End - #1459

Lazarus Technologies

To Semper Fire (P)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I did not know that was her reason. I'll see what I can do to remedy that situation. Good hunting."

To War (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "That's fine. I will do it myself once I have the time. And I think us finding a hacker who can fortify our systems is the most prudent course of action at this point. Do you know anyone or anywhere I could contact aside from Friendly Fire or Isler?"

To Friendly Fire (P)
    Spoiler
    Show
    [OOC: Try for a phone number. Purchase the Cybernetic Arms for [10 Cash] if I can, otherwise I'll have to wait until my systems reboot.]

Internal (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    How many actions would it take to purge the other Level 1?

And how does Lazarus holing up in the safehouse to heal work? Does my previous action "persist", so to speak, and still carry over until he does something else, or do I have to spend more actions to stay there for the next midturn and EoT, or can he multitask and do multiple things?

I really don't want to leave as I feel I've already invested an action into it and haven't seen enough return on investment, but if I can fix the Databases while still being on-call or something, that would be preferred. Otherwise, I'll just wait until EoT to purge the other Level 1 and he'll stay serving as a doctor until then. And augment my last spy group too, so I have all my "action" people on the same level.

And how is the rest of the city reacting to the war? Mainly with regards to the criminal elements? Are people going to ground or getting bolder? I ask largely to know if the stolen Morganstern tech would still be for sale and if I would be able to find them with a follower action by my spies.

Midturn depends upon the answers to those. Basically, my base goals for the rest of the turn are:
    Purge the virus.
    Buy Cybernetic Arms from Friendly Fire.
    Be a doctor for hire.
    Sell Virtue [Powers 2]
    Augment my spies.
    Buy TP.

In descending order of priority. I have 2 Follower Actions and 3 Lazarus Actions. I don't know how actions interact well enough to know if I can do all that this turn.
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2014-05-01 at 11:27 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1460

PaladinGuy

Leyline

Arachne
    Show
    Tough times, very well [8 cash] it is. Delivery on compeletion I assume? I'll see what I can do, get your systems ready for a bit of a power surge.

Internal
    Spoiler: PM
    Show
    Time to go ham.
    Gonna strap on some of the tazers and other goodies left over from the Expo gig and ride the grid into the GC&E Utility Stations with a bunch of relevant tech [portable tech] in a workmans tool box, Leyline will dress up in workmans business casual, wear a reflective jacket, hardhat, and carry a clip board. He will attach a tag to the vest that says "Borris Sully, assistant manager of operations" a meaningless title but the kind of thing that would be in almost any company. Then Leyline will try and discreetly find a breaker panel or other such access point and begin some temporary 'repairs' to do with the Yuppieville blackout, that is the cover story anyway. Meanwhile I'll divert power from the rest of the suburbs (except health services, I'm not that cruel), all of Pyrehill (Because @#$% the 1%!!!), and factories (because I just cannot resist poking Morgenstern) into Yuppieville. If that still isn't enough I'll start pulling from downtown as well.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

James Edison

Yuppieville Team [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Edison offers the Gentleman Genius a grin. "I'm sure old Granddaddy, however great he is'd be proud of all this."

".. But now ain't the time to reminisce. Bloodwind is coming. We gotta go! But let's make sure WEB feels it when we do, eh?"

"Hey, my friend the Genius, if we punch a hole in them WEB guys, think we could grab anything useful on the way out?"

Sparks crackle over James' body, causing the air to shimmer with the heat. "I hear WEB makes the shiniest toys. "

Internal [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bloodwind is on the way. But WEB is disorganised, confused, and without their tech advantage. If I get support from my comrades, we punch our way out. We might not be able to finish off WEB, but lets not make this victory a waste.

James: [Electrokinesis 4] [Inventor] 1. Smash and grab on WEB. Wide field attacks. Try to take them out in groups, and cover the Knight of Blades and Gilgamesh. Protect the medics and Gentleman too, if I can. Keep moving, and get out before Bloodwind shows up.
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2014-05-03 at 03:44 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Titan in the Playground

Knight of Blades

WEB War (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Knight sighs "Alright then. Guess I'm playing rearguard. "

Internal (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    2. So the Knight of Blades is going to do hit and run attacks on the WEB squads surrounding us, using the disorientation caused by the sniper fire to attack.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Lantern

Jacob (Yuppieville)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jacob curses as they spot bloodwind approaching in the distance.

He looks back to his wounded teammates, gritting his teeth.

"Dammnit. Fine. I'm not leaving them all here though. I'll need a minute."

((Jacob uses actions to prep the least injured of the medics for transport))

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

The Mod Wonder: Closed for Length. Restart if you haven't already. I suggest copy/pasting this threads location for reference.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.