1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Total War - Icon City (IC)

Golden Flock

Ms. Deckhard & Mr. Carceri [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Thank you for your guidance'' Eduard flocks to perch on Mr. Bongo’s shoulder. ''I’ll go then.'' Eduard has a determined look, though of course his face lacks the regular human expressions. His I clearly includes his bodyguard, who will probably be doing all the heroic work. Mr. Bongo has a jaded, bored look, but in his eyes there’s a glint of amusement, that one must feel in preparation of cutting loose and smashing a lot of stuff.

Animal Power Action Comics №1: Dead Birds Sing No Songs [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

[Well, MRB has provided guidance to the heroes... well mercenary, greedy birds, as per their REP, so let’s go. Card Blanche it is.]

Prized Poodles: Now are small doggies really that useless? The cowardly lot would have bolted at first sight of trouble and could be hiding away from the terror song - somewhere not far from Mr. Eduard and his wondrous Power. A mild application to grant a brief spell of intelligence (I am keeping my abilities secret, and I don’t need pooches blabbing them out). As a socialite and sentient parrot, he’d know the identities of the dog owners - perhaps a dog of mansion’s owner, perhaps of his close friend would be a source of invaluable information about the mansion’s layout and secrets.

Zombies: Well, Eduard can fly and I doubt Z-s are jumpy lot. Mr. Bongo can probably plow through them if needed, but I don’t exactly seek confrontation. Flight is our response today - with Bongo using his massive gorilla strength to create barricades behind us. If we find something really interesting then we’ll consider fight.

Terror Song: Well… let’s use that fear to pump some adrenalin to run around fast. I don’t plan to confront them anyway. We can try plugging ears in shifts - one plugs ears, other listens for danger, then switch and see if these disruptions help weaken the effects of the song.

The Plan: Under the cover of the Graveyard Gang’s attack search through the mansion for interesting stuff (away from the main event). Maybe my [Movers & Shakers 2] can help. Maybe I’ll stumble on the stuff the attack is serving as a distraction from (could be elsewhere in the city) - and then again there could be other hidden treasures and secrets. If somebody else discovers us, then Eduard [Socialite 1] will feed them smooth lies (unless that’s Carceri) of them hiding from Graveyard Gang/Looking for Others/Trying to get to a phone.

Mr. Bongo is bodyguarding of course. Also - I’m mindful of possible cameras - I need things to look like something we can explain away, if it comes to that.

[Hidden Places]: Let's see what's behind that secret wall...

P.S. If I find a working phone that would be nice as well.

Internal [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Rumor Monger: spread rumors that Golden Flock would purchase information off Vorpala. If she bites, good. If not… Well, I guess bad.

Elsewhere [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Did rats check out scents - if this outpost was used as a holding area for hostages, before they were transported further it could be useful. Perhaps some of the locals might be willing to speak to a reporter for a bit of cash report with Bad Bloods beaten and Gilgamesh smiling for the cameras. If they saw cars for example.

Reporter & Gilgamesh: tell him word on the street Bad Bloods have been kidnaping people - took a bunch of them just recently. Watchmen might know something of that (yeah that’s where I’ve got info, but that’ll confirm my trustworthiness). Hmm… Maybe also imply to Gilgamesh, that reporters see much - they can provide info, if he invites them to take pictures at his next bust.

Super-PAC [M]
    Spoiler
    Show

It is unfortunate, but with good comes also the bad. We have sources, that wished to remain anonymous that confirmed activity of dark wizards in the forest. In this situation the best you can do for the PR is to request that the good wizards of the city, such as Merlin pledged to protect the forest against dark magic. If the fears of dark magic are overstated, then it’ll cost them nothing, while if the worst fears are confirmed they’ll help protect Icon City’s pristine’s nature improving the public image of magic.

PETA [M]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Why thank you good sirs. Squaaawk. I was so very afraid nobody would listen.''

[Ah, their patronising attitude is so cute :) I think I’d like them to become a new NPC.]

Mordecai [M]
    Spoiler
    Show

It’ unfortunate - as you predicted many seek to claim the power for themselves. I fear I don’t know who is behind this, as whatever magic was used concealed almost all traces.

May I ask what this ‘’mana rebalancing’’ means?
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2013-12-02 at 07:17 PM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

2. - Top - End - #272
    Colossus in the Playground

Gilgamesh to the Watchmen [mail]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Now, I know I said I'd drive the black bloods out of the entire district, and I still intend to do that. You can read in the paper that I already made a start. But could we perhaps make a deal here? Taking down the entire Black Blood gang by myself will take ages. If you could provide me with a few fighters and weapons, it would go that much faster. I am a general as much as a warrior and with men to lead, there's not much that can stop me.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground

Super-PAC

Golden Flock[M]

Spoiler
    Show
    In our experience, anonymous sources usually turn out to be bogus. Listen, I understand you have a business to run, and this sort of thing sells magazines, but we're coming into a very delicate time for the city. In the future, we'd recommend thinking twice before slandering the magical community without cause. The Insider already agreed the evidence wasn't there to support continuing to run the story.

Conversely, if you do hear about anything substantial going on in the magical community, we'd ask you give us a chance to address it before whipping up a public frenzy.

Sharon at the Party[PM all attendees]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sharon and Fivsby elect to follow the gorilla back toward the main area. The music was unsettling, but it was better than waiting.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Sergei

Spoiler: To Arachne [E]
    Show
    Pleasure doing business, ma'am! Be sure to ring up ol' Sergei if you got anything more for him to do, eh?

Spoiler: Vorpal [P]
    Show
    "Aw, cut Sergei some slack, gurl! Wha' yer be expectin' when ye throw Sergei sumthin' so last minute, ey...?"

"...but 'kay, shure. Mebbe ye be wantin' Sergei t' put a guy on wha'ever ye been doin' tha' got ye into dis mess?"

Charlie

Spoiler: Internal [PM]
    Show
    Yeah, taking out the thugs first might make things easier. Charlie can easily parkour his way out of here... how's his chances if he doubles back and gets the drop on said thugs?
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Ideal

Spoiler: Internal - [PM]
    Show

Oh, don't get me wrong. I have no problem with the fairness of what happened, I just think it was kinda funny. We'll see if he can't get the last laugh in the second half though.

Also, isn't Avalon a rank 2 Powerhouse? I think we had this problem before and you fixed it on my sheet, did you perhaps not fix it on your end? Because if that's the case, he and Tombstone should be fairly evenly matched, traits excepted.

As far as clarifying my plan goes: The idea is to take down Whipporwill hard and fast, making her and her song a non-issue. And then go after Tombstone. Without the fear affect, hopefully Avalon can try to rally any other heroes in the room to take down Grim. (Actually, I'm not sure what other heroes are even there. I caught a reference to a Serpent Tina, but I didn't particularly see anyone else.)

Another thing, you said that the song only works if you can hear it. Could Avalon possibly crank up the volume on his com and set it to static in order to drown her out? I figure that you probably won't let me use a fluff justification to completely nullify a mechanical affect, but I might as well ask.

As far as the shooter goes, I didn't think I'd catch 'em. But I figured I should check. Would I be able to use one of my faction actions to investigate that area, all crime-scene like? I figure that perhaps some of my Ideal Soldiers had law-enforcement backgrounds.

Spoiler: MRB - [P]
    Show

Coldwell here. I don't know if you guys need more hands on deck, but my men are ready if you think you could use anyone else to contain the situation at Pyre Manor.

Also, as you probably already know, Avalon is on the inside already. I've got coms to him, and he says he's going to try to take down the Graveyard Gang in there. Anything you think he should know beforehand?
    Awesome Morrigi Avatar by Akrim.elf. A thousand thanks.

TW Factions

Spoiler
    Show

None

PBP Characters

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Hardliners

Merlin PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll take it. I've got a friend who'll love it. The Major stares off across the bay 'I saw the missile go off. You might have mentioned that before. The Major clasps 8-Ball's arm. Pleasure fighting with you. Let's do it again.'

He pauses for a few seconds While I've got you here Merlin... I have a magical matter I really could use some help with. Magic really isn't what my group does, and I really think we need an expert. There's this Cult, it collects artifacts, Lamarian? Something like that. They stole something from the museum and it sounds very important. The only lead I have is that Father Figure guy, you know him? They abducted him, tortured him, cut their runes in his flesh and put something inside him. They let him think he escaped. Maybe he did. He can't lead us back to them, not himself. But maybe the things inside him can. Before you agree to help, know that he really does have powers, first preacher in a long time who isn't just boasting. Could be dangerous, you in?

Father Figure PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    I want to stick around and hear a few sermons, find out what he's preaching, broadly speaking. Also look for any clues (Internally) as to where he escaped from. Look to assume control within the group since her powers won't work on him. Also assess the local drug market in and around the cult, look for any skillsets or backgrounds, anything that might to useful.

Super-Pac (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sensible. We will intercept after they leave, do you have any forces within or without to contribute?

We have a lead on the Cult, we think. We lack the magical skill required. We have approached Merlin, is there anyone else you would recommend?

Fort Steyner (P)
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know who this is, and you know what we want. This is your only warning. You are way, way out of your depth and you should get way, way out of our way. We can share the turf or we'll blow you away.

OOC: I assume you can guess whom in Fort Steyner this is addressed to

Internal PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    How many actions/TP/etc to make sure it's not booby trapped and to check it over?
    Using the map I hacked can I plan a perfect ambush for after the thugs leaves the party?
    Not willing to start a fight with the local gangers just yet, but I do want a show of force. IE letting them know that flying army guy beating on Ann Droid on the news/youtube/whatever is with the 69ers. Letting them know through the rumour mill about giant robot tigers with laser beams on their heads and stories about Stormcrow that make him sound scarier than Vorpal. In short make sure they know they can't win.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

7. - Top - End - #277

Super-PAC

Hardliners
    [e]
    Spoiler
    Show
    That sounds reasonable. We have private security, but they'd probably just get in your way. If you're looking for backup, Avalon will almost certainly be calling for reinforcements in that damn aircraft. Might want to give them a call, or just watch the skies. In any event, keep us posted if you come into contact with the graveyard gang, director Deckhart might be able to help in some way.
    Last edited by bigstipidfighte; 2013-12-02 at 09:15 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278

Lazarus Technologies

To Merlin (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    You vastly overestimate our coffers... What if we offer you [Powers I] in addition to a onetime payment of 5 Cash? Or a favor, now or in the future, where we help you with technologically related endeavors or whatever else you need? Or [Movers and Shakers 2] on its own, if you do not already have it?

To Gilgamesh (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings again, Son of Uruk!

I was wondering if you kept a sample of the combat drugs the Black Bloods used in your conflict or if you could grab a vial in any of your future fights with the gang. From what you spoke of in the news, I'm rather curious as to its actual nature and what exactly is happening to the gang members bodies. I could possibly figure out a way to counter it or the limitations it imposes which will likely help you in your future conflicts Or, at the least, be able analyze the chemical structure for possible medicines to be derived from it. Would you be willing to help me out on this?

To Mordecai Carter (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    At the very least, [Magic 2] would allow me to better understand the threats out there in the city and the world, and be more capable of developing technologies that could work to counter them. But if you don't wish to exchange it, then I understand.

Once we roll out our first product, I will come back to discuss possible cooperative ventures with you.

Internal (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, and a few quick questions.

Using Lazarus to improve my followers (which I will refer to as enhancements, versus augmentations which are cybernetic) would take a VIP action, correct?

So if I wanted to enhance my agents and researchers, it would take something like 1 action each, or could I do them in batches?

And are my guards are both already upgraded to the best of my current abilities / technologies?

9. - Top - End - #279

Super-PAC

Hardliners[e]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, and what's this about a lead on the Children? Tell me a bit more about what needs to be done and we might have a recommendation. Still investigating on our end, btw.
    Last edited by bigstipidfighte; 2013-12-02 at 09:18 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

New Year's Party!
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You worry too much, when am I not careful?" The tall woman in the teal dress said into her phone, hoping it disguised the slight fear in her voice. Her? Afraid? Yeah, that time doesn't count. Bye." She ended the call.

When she had convinced the guards to let her in, she hadn't expected this. Sure, she had planned on entertainment and some incident but had mainly come just to see how far she could push her luck. Certainly nothing on this scale. And that damn girl and her song! I wonder... She threw her purse towards the stage, and the villians.

"Hurry!" She shouted as loud as she could, attempting to play the damsel in distress--not an easy role for her. "The sooner they get what they want, the sooner they go!"

Lost Demiurge[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Right, Melissa is going to use [Charmspeak 2] and [Diplomat 2] and try to convince people to throw their valuables to the villians in an attempt to help the Graveyard Gang((yes, i'm willing to spend an action)).

At the same time, Melissa is going to try to subtly let Whipporwill or one of the others know what the plan is--maybe a wink or something. She is a diplomat so she should know the best way to go about it convincingly.

Ironclad Alibi's[PM]
    [Family, Charlie]

Spoiler
    Show
    Gladiator is large, that's all there is to it. Tall, broad-shouldered with muscle-bound arms. His scarred face and arms attest to the hundreds of battles and brawls he has been in over the years. At his request the thugs and mercenaries lowered their guns. He ignores their uninvited guest and spoke directly to the girl. "I already said I didn't come for a fight. I heard rumours of you in the area and decided to check it out; I expected I might find like this--inexperienced, teenaged, first generation metahuman just trying to practice her power? What would you say if I told you that I could help you?"

The Family-Black Bloods[E]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, Vorpal has been driven out and is wounded. Those Ideal chased her off to her hog and she drove off.

What is the situation on your end?

The Family-Graveyard Gang[P]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mya here, I handle The Family's accounts mostly but apparently everyone else is out so... You are robbing the Pyre Mansion currently? Melissa called and asked me to contact you. Are you aware of her power? It should serve to get the ball rolling for you in terms of people's valuables. Us villians have to stick together, right?

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Merlin
    Spoiler: Lazarus Tech(e)
    Show

I already have the databases you mention. I estimate your funds would be strained by my offer. It was an appraisal of the information's worth if you decided to use your resources accordingly. I will accept a favor of appropriate magnitude.

Spoiler: Hardliners(PM)
    Show
    "There is nothing happy that will come from a Lamarian artifact. Unfortunately the ritual you propose would be a stretch for me and I am already stretched. I have an alternate lead that may be more in your idiom, assuming said idiom includes the ability to act more subtly than I have seen today. It seems a group called the harbingers has recently sprung up. I don't know details, but it sounds about right and I have some ways to dig up more on them if your curious. Otherwise, I would recommend another practitioner with a more tailored skill set."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Charlie

Spoiler: Ironclad Alibis [PM] (Family, Charlie)
    Show
    "Heh! Ha!"

Charlie snorted, regarding Gladiator with utter scorn, even swaggering a little as he squared off against his much larger counterpart. Turning his head, he glanced at the kid out of the corner of his eyes.

"Says the big lug of a thug accompanied by a bunch of gun-toting rugs. Read between the lines, missy; he's saying he can help you, or else. Why else would he bring a bunch of guns if he wasn't looking for a fight, huh?"

Turning back to Gladiator, Charlie continued his derisive spiel.

"That said, he's right that you sure drew some attention with your stunts. I knew this was going to happen, which is why I came all the way out here to warn you before you got caught... but well, here we are. What you gonna do now, missy?"
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Ironclad Alibis[PM](Family, Charlie)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gladiator laughed, seemingly amused. "I can't help i'm so big!"

"As for the guns... I get reports of street-lamps and signs being uprooted and thrown around; what do you expect me to bring? Peppermint cannons? We know what you're going through, but it's up to you, lass."

14. - Top - End - #284

Mordecai Carter

ICPD/SPAC [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mordecai is opening his mouth to speak when the lawyers arrive. He glances at them, somewhat surprised, then turns back to the lieutenant as if making up his mind.

"Why am I selling a magic weapon?" he repeats. "Because if I don't, somebody else will. There's a demand for them, and I can produce items like that safely - but that's because I've been doing magic for a long time. If I weren't selling them, what would happen? Somebody would notice that gap in the market, somebody who barely knows a wand from a ward, and they'd get the idea to do it on their own. And then they'd accidentally blow themselves up, or worse."

"But I understand your concern. That doesn't explain why I'm selling this item, specifically. A weapon."

"I, or rather my over-eager and under-cautious apprentice, advertised that item because people need to be prepared. To have self-defense. Because there's scary stuff out there, in the world of magic, and I've got this terrible feeling that a storm could be coming. And when it hits, people will need more than lucky charms and parlor tricks. When a supervillain attacks, you send in the superheroes. And if dark magic attacks, well, it might be handy to have some magic in your pocket too."

Golden Flock [E]
    Spoiler
    Show
    It means that the energy all these people are chasing after won't be there for them to fight over anymore. All this stuff is going on because the leylines shifted, and they got tangled up in the middle of the Preserve. Well, I'm gonna untangle the knot.

Lazarus Technologies [E]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I suppose you're right.

Dammit, I'm a sucker for good causes. Look, I can teach you what I know. I'm not sure if I'll have time for [4 actions] of exchanging information, though. You mentioned you could do cash? I'm always in need of capital for the shop... I can get you [Magic 2] for [10 Cash], if that's in your budget.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Spelunkers Garren Gomar
    Show

"There's a crate missing," one of the agents said, calling over Gomar and Kevin.

"Sarah, check the logs." Kevin says over the radio.

OOC: Compare the contents of the crates we have to the logs, try to figure out what's missing.

Spoiler: Siege At the Mansion
    Show

A large lorry arrives at the police line, escorted by motorcycles outside the mansion and some men in full combat gear exits the lorry.

The armoured motorcyclist dismount, drawing heavy weapons from their motorcycle compartments, except one who just retrieves a handgun and clips a strange belt around his waist.

He walks up to one of the MRB officials and says, "So what's the situation so far?"

Spoiler: GIlgamesh Convo
    Show

"We're up, after we go through this evidence," Kevin replies.

"Hey, don't involve me in this," Sarah snarks.

"You're still up aren't you?" Kevin replies to her, grinning.

"Fine yes I am,"
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ironclad Alibis
    Charlie, Family [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

The girl calms down a bit, looks around. A silvery tear runs down her cheek from under her mask, and she flicks it against a nearby metal door, and starts to edge that way.

"Look. I don't know who you people are, but... Now that I think about it, I got no reason to trust either of you. How about you guys holster those guns, and you mister get out of your armor so you can run faster, relax, and I'll just go THAT way and leave, and if you either of you want to talk, I don't know, put a post out on the metanet boards askin' for Penny. We'll talk. No dark alleys. No fights. 'Kay?"
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Charlie

Spoiler: Ironclad Alibi [PM] (Charlie, Family)
    Show
    Glancing back at Penny momentarily, Charlie simply smiled. He dug into his pockets, coming up with a piece of scrap paper and a pen, and scribbled something into the paper before rolling it up and tossing it to her.

"Nice to meet ya, Penny. Charlie. Give me a call sometime, and we'll get a drink somewhere, kay?"

Charlie said to her, affecting a casual attitude almost as if he was simply hitting on her.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Ironclad Alibis[PM](Charlie, The Family)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gladiator nodded, considering it. "I can work with that, next month perhaps?"

She turned to Charlie. "Now, funny man: who do you work for? I got no grudges with you but I am curious why there's suddenly a dozen powers wandering about my territory." He appears to have relaxed his guard by this point.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Charlie

Spoiler: Ironclad Alibi [PM] (Charlie, Family)
    Show
    "Come off it, Donkey Kong. What, you'd really think I'll kiss and tell? And why'd you counting me in your 'dozen supers' anyway? How would you know if I'm one?"

Charlie responded, looking quite unconcerned, though he did glance upwards a couple of times.

"Even if I came clean, no way you'd buy it. So why bother asking?"
    Last edited by Ascaloth; 2013-12-02 at 11:30 PM.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Ironclad Alibi[Family, Charlie]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gladiator rolled his eyes. "Everyone else is a super today, why not you? We got Penny, Vorpal, Avalon, Knight of Blades, and who knows who else running around here lately; figured you might be one of them as well. And you would be suprised at what I might believe. I got no grudge with you or your boss; neither does Melissa or the rest of The Family."

21. - Top - End - #291

Ironclad Alibis
    Charlie, Family [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

With no one stopping her, "Penny" reaches the door, and simply... Walks into it, as it rips like tissue paper, bursting inward with a groan. You see her hands at work, bending it backward and shaping it like clay from the other side, making it (Relatively) whole again. When she finishes, it's a little warped, but relatively whole.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Charlie

Spoiler: Ironclad Alibi [PM] (Charlie, The Family)
    Show
    "Hrmmph. Sure, if you say I'm a super, then I'm a super. Who am I to argue?"

Shrugging, Charlie continued speaking in his disdainful attitude. He glanced only momentarily at Penny making her exit, looking as if he's thinking about doing the same.

"Look, I don't know about you, or your Melissa or your Family. But my boss and I, we're one and the same; I work only for myself, if you really must know."

"Now if you'd excuse me, I've other appointments to keep. So, I really must make like the missy, and get going. You got anything else to say, talk to Sergei Kalinin; that old drunkard ain't hard to find."

Last edited by Ascaloth; 2013-12-03 at 12:02 AM.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293

Lazarus Technologies

To Mordecai Carter (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would you be willing to be paid in two installments? [5 Cash] now, [5 Cash] next month? ... Actually, it may be better for the entire deal to be done at that time. I would have a better knowledge as to my future profits from my products, which would make me more comfortable with spending much of my current cash on hand on this, and would have the people to properly receive the information.

OOC: Only 2 actions for teaching. I could provide the other 2. But I could probably do 10 Cash next turn. Trying to make a product to sell for a bigger income, and I'll feel a bit more secure once I get it out.

To Merlin (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would you care to be more descriptive as to what you would call upon me to do? I dislike writing blank checks without knowing what sort of thing I'd be getting myself into.

OOC: Really, really tempted because I think owing Merlin a favor would be a fun way to play the game. But I'd rather not do anything too rash...

Internal (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Compiling things together from my last two Internals:

(VIP Action spent) Begin developing Ouroboros. Basic life signs tracker with iPhone / PDA-like capabilities. Base line platform for future development, and revenue stream. For now, a proof of concept that is the civilian model. I can offer these as a trial run to the police to see if they want my future upgraded encrypted / squadsight model, while hopefully making enough money off of sales to clinics or wealthy hypochondriacs to give me a cash flow.

Oh, and a few quick questions:

Using Lazarus to improve my followers (which I will refer to as enhancements, versus augmentations which are cybernetic) would take a VIP action, correct?

So if I wanted to enhance my agents and researchers, it would take something like 1 action each, or could I do them in batches?

And are my guards are both already upgraded to the best of my current abilities / technologies?
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2013-12-03 at 01:41 AM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Ironclad Alibi[PM](Family, Charlie)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Of course; I didn't mean to keep you, mildly curious is all." With a curt nod to his thugs and mercenary soldiers, he set off back home, muttering about "Sergai".

The Family[Internal]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do I know anything about Sergei or Charlie from my [Powers 1] or [Movers & Shakers 1]?

25. - Top - End - #295

Mordecai

Lazarus Tech [E]
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's fine by me. I'll expect to hear from you around the start of next month, then.

OOC: It's 2 actions for each of us now, but if we had traded a lvl2 database for two lvl1's, that'd be 4 actions from each of us. Hence why I asked for cash instead, to lower the action commitment.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Colossus in the Playground

Gilgamesh in the Rust Belt [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    After the press has dispersed, Gilgamesh will start searching the bodies, checking if there are any unused vials of their combat drugs to be found. If not, he'll grab one of the berserker corpses.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Hardliners

HERO FORUM
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Hardliners are coordinating a counter strike against the Graveyard gang when they leave the party. Suggest other groups do not engage within the building and instead join their strength to ours.

Merlin PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Major shakes his head, clearly disappointed. 'I understand. There's a lot less of us then there used to be. Not enough to go around. We're stretched too. You sure these Harbingers are the right guys? The name I have is the Children of Yig. If you can't help the poor bastard could you point me toward someone who could?.

Watchmen (p)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Heard you boys fancy yourselves vigilantes. How'd you like to run with the big dogs? The Hardliners are planning on hitting the Graveyard Gang soon. Rescue the blue blood's precious jewel s and they'll never be able to call you criminals again. You game? Believe me, we are very good friends to have.

Super-Pac
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think what I need is a shaman of sorts. I've found someone the cult invested with powers and infested with demons. They cut him loose, or he got loose, he can't lead us back to them, but maybe the things inside him can.
    Have you heard of the Harbingers? It seems they're involved somehow. You got data on them?

Vorpal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Still sure you don't need our help?
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

28. - Top - End - #298

Super-PAC

Hardliners[e]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Can't say I'd recommend Merlin for that. Better chance might be Mordecai, or the Trifecta. We spoke to the Trifecta on another matter recently and they're pretty busy apparently, so we'll try Mordecai.

As for the Harbingers, name doesn't ring a bell, but sometimes we get info without a name attached. Anything you can share about them?

Barside PD[Mordecai PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The suits take Mordecai aside to talk.

"So, you willing to budge on this at all? Set up some sort of licensing process, or put trackers in the weapons or something? We can try to straight-up push this through, nothing's impossible in this city, but it might be difficult."
    One of their phones lights up with a text.
    "Oh, uh, apparently we've got a lead on the Children, Hardliners are looking for a mage with demonic experience to help with the investigation. you in?

Internal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Still waiting on some stuff from before regarding Children and Mordecai's thing.

Can I contact the Outsider and/or Dervish?
    Does the CCP handle magical sales or just technological? Is there another, similar organization for magic?
    Would this be MRB's jurisdiction?

29. - Top - End - #299

Super-PAC
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Alright, since it might delay you...

You find a contact for Dervish. Huh, he's that guy with the Azrael address who posted on the heroes net. You find no way to contact the Outsider.

The CCP just handles technological sales and patents. There is NOTHING and NO ONE set up for doing something like this for magic right now.

The MRB has a really broad jurisdiction. From your influence with them, you're pretty sure they would be really hard pressed if they had to add this sort of thing to their purview. They're kind of thin already.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Attack The Mansion (Whoever the hell is there)
    Show

"Okay, we're going to try and punch through the zombies into the building, We're going in full gear, pincer, focus the firepower in one direction, draw the zeds away from the mansion, try to punch through if viable, if not just off as many of the zeds as possible and stay alive. I'll go through the back. If you get to the mansion, perform a standard breach. Any questions?" the man says, as his troops gear up.

"Sir no sir!" the agents reply, putting on their helmets.

"Let's go, TRANSFORM!" he says mounting his bike and flipping two switches on his belt, transforming into an armoured figure in a flash of blue light. His belt announces, "CORE MODE" as he does so. He rides off as the armoured agents advanced.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2013-12-03 at 12:39 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.