Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Total War - Icon City (IC)

Knight of Blades

Email to Watchmen
    Spoiler
    Show
    But he's not actually taking any of it? Hmm, that's curious but I don't think it's related.

I've heard that the Blackbloods have been pushing in on your territory lately. If you're in a tight spot, don't hesitate to call me. Anyways I'm also trying to track down Vorpal so don't be surprised if you see me flying about.

Thanks,

KoB

Email to ICPD
    Spoiler
    Show
    You do have confirmation it's a group though? That rules out some nasty possibilities at least.

Anyways I may have a lead on a Blackblood drug stash. I will call if I confirm it.

Thanks,
    KoB

KoB relaxes a little, grabs himself a cup of tea and a bagel as he does a quick look over of his fiances. "Guess I could afford it, but-" his musing is cut off by his cell phone ringing. Picking it up he listens for a few moments. "Alright, don't confront her, just keep watching. I'm on my way." KoB gets in his suit, rocketing into the sky as soon as he gets outside.

Internal
    Spoiler
    Show
    KoB is going to fly his way to where his investigator is watching Vorpal. When he arrives he'll confront her from the air, preparing some darts in one hand to 'toss' at her hands if she attacks. "Calm down Vorpal, your investigation would go a lot quicker if you'd show some restraint. Now why don't you put the sword down, and we'll give diplomacy a chance?"

Text message to Investigator 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Keep looking, I'll back you up."

-Shortcut
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Follower Action: Fort Steyer
    Spoiler
    Show

One of the vampires working under Epiphanes, Alfred Tennison, has approached the Fort Steyer, he wishes to speak to the General in charge of Fort Steyer.
    He wishes to speak with the General regarding security concerns, along with the neighborhood Watch.

Follower Action: Looking For Merlin : Perhaps At a Night Club
    Spoiler
    Show

Father Epiphanes, before an important interview with another Faction, decided to speak with this "Merlin". . . he was not quite fixed in one point of time. Epiphanes may have had the ability to live forever, without a violent death that is, but he didn't have Merlin's type of immortality. Epiphanes sighed, he was jealous. Maybe Merlin knew something about Epiphanes. . . he needed to know if Merlin had any contact with him before he lost his memory.

Follower Actions : Research
    Spoiler
    Show

All the other vampires, except one, are studying the Ordo Nosferatu, searching Vampire Lore and hoping to advance in their magical knowledge of Blood. They are specifically looking in vampiric arts and disciplines.

Eternal Darkness
    to Super-Pac [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Theresa looks for the Superhuman Political Action Committee's headquarters. . . if she can't find it, she E-Mails it.
    "Greetings. . . I assume this mail would have reached Sharon Dekhart. We at the Brotherhood's Estate of Father Epiphane's would like to be interviewed by your committee. We believe that we can advance your cause, and you could advance our cause. To put it in a less blunt but still sincere gesture, Epiphanes is willing to help finance your organization if you would help us move into a better position to do so. Also, since we believe your goal is a sincere move to make peace, perhaps, in some distant day, there would be an equal partnership with each Organization, who knows?
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2013-11-24 at 04:53 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

The Trifecta

Spoiler: Crossroads Club[E]
    Show

Coming then.
    -M

Spoiler: Crossroads Club[PM]
    Show

Keeping in mind that whoever she is gonna meet is not to be trusted some of the cultists are keeping watch outside.
    Of course Mara has some simple stuff in case of a fight, but mostly she has on the dial ready to be sent a message to call Strider and attack.

"Greetings i came to meet someone here?"

Spoiler: Internal[PM]
    Show

Not yet attacking.

Mara goes to the PM meeting now =P
    Last edited by Orbiter; 2013-11-24 at 05:17 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

In a chilly metal cave the whir of computers is interrupted by the clatter of cans. A shadowed figure slams the desk and grimaces at the screen brfore him. The late night newspapers could never see anything but the latest celebrity scandal when the real problem lay far away. The people with the money who steped on the heads of the losers. But that would change. Oh would it ever change. Soon.

The shadowed figure groans to his feet. Wading through the mess of discarded take out and redbull cans. Dragging the minifridge door open he pulls out the second last energy drink. It was already very late. But there were important things to start, Emails to send, and stuff to steal. No time like the present.

To GM
    Spoiler
    Show

Midterm actions: Start building a mosquito virus.
    Start hacking into the Morgensten Inc systems and websites
    and try to find some kind of weakness where I could plant the mosquito
    Also look through the Morgensten systems for some dir worthy of a bad public scandal. I intend to put it onto the news networks.

Follower actions:
    -All the hacker followers are going to make attempts from various spots around the city to crack the Morgensten Inc systems. They arent trying to accomplish anything in particular save to confuse any attempts to find a single source.
    -The getaway driver is gonna bring Leyline some pizza. With extra pineapple.

To the Knightof Blades [E]
    Spoiler
    Show
    You do not know me, and for what it is worth I do not know you. I hope it stays that way. However, if the situation should arise that you look to take the Blackbloods down a few pegs please let me know. I'm sure I could be of some assistance.

To GC&E [E]
    Spoiler
    Show
    An anonymous message drops arrives to the big bosses personal email.
    I have an interest in procuring some equipment from your company. I do not, however, find myself particularly wealthy at this point. If you have some need of information on rivals perhaps we could trade? Respond to [email protected]

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Conversation in the street
    Show

As the watchmen approached Gilgamesh, he silently observes for the man's reaction.

Spoiler: FEMA
    Show

We agree to this meeting, when will it take place?

Spoiler: Swordpoint
    Show

"My boss, he is very curious as to why you're suddenly attacking the Blackbloods." he replies as he snatches the leather jacket on his shoulder, whipping it around the flaming knife to his neck, covering it completely.

Using the leverage, he escapes the hold, tossing her over his back with his jacket as he retrieves a strange belt like device from inside the jacket.

He slaps the belt around his waist, an audible clicking sound signalling the belt has locked itself around his waist. He prepares to flip the two switches on the side of his belt as he says, "Now how-about we talk this over like civilized people?"

Spoiler: museum
    Show

The two people in the leather jackets reach into their jackets, drawing out sidearms, pointing it at the man as one of them calmly states, "Present your identification."

The other takes out a radio and speaking into it asks, "Officer, is anyone else supposed to be in this museum?"

Last edited by The_Admiral; 2013-11-25 at 02:55 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Golden Flock

Sergei [Mail]
    Spoiler
    Show

''Why Mr. Sergei, I may indeed make a few inquiries, all in the letter of the law.''

Information [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

[Trait: Rumor Monger]: anybody spreading rumors & interested in finding something?

Eduard [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

To Lil’Forest Animals: ''May we come to an arrangement? I’d like to know what’s happening here, but my feathers aren’t exactly blending in with the snow (plus it’s freezing my beak ****). How about I arrange for you to receive all the food you’d need during the winter, so you don’t need to hunt and forage for it. As long as you report all happenings and what strangers come and go?''

[Ready to negotiate - got cash to arrange for feeding & whatever they wish. I reckon the forest animals would have massive secrecy bonus to spying…]
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Garren Gomar - the Gumshoe Extraordinaire

Foundation in the Chamber of Secrets [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

"A-ha. The odds of an outside actor just went up. And we can rule out option outsider plus external - definitely something acted within this room, whether it was directed outwards or in." The man speaking to himself turns around as someone speaks to him, only to spot the newcomers pointing weapons at him. He immediately glances past them to the hallway, waving his hand to someone in a gesture clearly meaning 'please go away - I'll handle this'.

"Oh, my apologies. I didn't notice you arrive. I would assume that you are here to either investigate the mysterious disappearance of the contents of this room or to ensure that no-one finds whatever clues were left behind. May I inquire as to which it is?"
    Last edited by Murska; 2013-11-24 at 06:48 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

8. - Top - End - #38

Lazarus Technologies

Lazarus Technologies... Only a few months ago, creating such a company had been an impossible dream. Always, always other responsibilities loomed in his life. But now, Lazarus was free! He could pursue whatever he wished! Provided, of course, he had the funding and contacts to actually do so. That was the first step for his burgeoning corporation.

To GM (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alrighty, lets get things rolling... First and foremost, I want to get everything in order with Lazarus Technologies. Dot the i's, cross the t's... Everything paperwork-wise to set up a company in the city, I want done correctly and in triplicate. My contacts in City Hall should help this along without too much trouble, especially because I want it to be a legitimate operation.

Then how would I go about developing the product I mentioned to you in the PM? The general health monitor / emergency contact / key ring thingy? Probably spend my VIPs' ("Professor Lazarus") actions on designing it, with my research assistants providing help? And getting it through CCP?

I'll begin that once I have Lazarus Technologies properly founded and legal. For now, I'll try to get some cash infusions for buying up an office, setting everything up, and getting production capabilities up and running. While seeing if I can trade for any helpful Databases. First aim is getting at least 1 Wealth so I have cash flow, which I can then leverage into more Soft Stats or trades.

To Super-PAC (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings,

I am Professor Lazarus and I have recently founded a medical and biological technology company here in the city. I was hoping to get the lay of the land where it comes to major corporations and political entities (OOC: Database - Movers and Shakers). I can offer in exchange my own technical archives, or we can discuss alternate payment if you would prefer. Would you be interested?

Professor Lazarus
    -Founder and CEO, Lazarus Technologies

To Virtue (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings,

I am Professor Lazarus and I have recently founded a medical and biological technology company here in the city. I was hoping to get the lay of the land where it comes to major corporations and political entities (OOC: Database - Movers and Shakers). I can offer in exchange my own technical archives, or we can discuss alternate payment if you would prefer. Would you be interested?

Professor Lazarus

To Merlin (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Salutations, potential investor!

We of Lazarus Technologies were wondering if you would be interested in providing us a loan of capital to establish our footing and production capabilities in this city. Medical and biological technology is a promising industry without many companies in the area as competition, and we are hoping that we can carve a niche in the city.

Due to our recent founding, however, we were also curious if you had a good sense of the companies and major organizations in the area (OOC: Databases - Icon City or Movers and Shakers) that you would be willing to inform us in exchange for our own technical data or other forms of payment?

Professor Lazarus

To Helios Core (E)
    Spoiler
    Show

We of Lazarus Technologies were wondering if you would be interested in providing us a loan of capital to establish our footing and production capabilities. The world of biotech and medical technology has not been properly explored in Tesla's own city, and we hope to be the pioneers in this field in the coming years.

Professor Lazarus

To the Foundation (E)
    Spoiler
    Show

We of Lazarus Technologies were wondering if you would be interested in providing us a loan of capital to establish our footing and production capabilities in this city. Medical and biological technology is a promising industry without many companies in the area as competition, and we are hoping that we can carve a niche in the city.

Due to our recent founding, however, we were also curious if you had a good sense of the companies and major organizations in the area (OOC: Databases - Icon City or Movers and Shakers) that you would be willing to inform us in exchange for our own technical data or other forms of payment?

Professor Lazarus

9. - Top - End - #39

Virtue

Tristan [p]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Good to hear, good to hear. Well, always nice talking to you. See you at the ball!"

Pyre [pm]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Professor, my interests are simply for the safety of this city. If those artifacts represent a dangerous power that could be used to harm others, then of course I am interested."

Pierce takes a look around the storage room.

Mordecai Carter [p]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Mr. Carter, I've been meaning to talk to you. I hear you're starting up a small business? I must say, I can't approve more. Using your talents to better the economy without all that violence some get up to is commendable. I admire your humility, for not letting the power consume you, as I have seen it do for so many others."

"Now, I may have a task for you, if you are willing to accept it. You see, a potentially dangerous magical artifact has recently made it's way into the wrong hands and I was wondering if you would be able to track it down. I don't expect you to retrieve it, for if it is as dangerous as I suspect it is I would not wish that risk on anyone, but simply the location or identity of whoever currently possesses it could prevent innocent lives from being endangered."

[Edit: Cross-post]

Lazarus [e]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, of course I can give you a run-down of who's who in the area. We've done some research of our own, and we'd be happy to share it with you. I must ask, though, what exactly does your technology archive consist of (ooc: is it the tech database, or your personal blueprints?)
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2013-11-24 at 07:19 PM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

10. - Top - End - #40

Lazarus Technologies

To Virtue (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Yeah, Database-Tech 1 in exchange for Database-Movers and Shakers 1. If you're interested, of course.

What I have learned of the field in my years of work. As of yet, we have no products for sale, but I hope to remedy that as soon as I can secure a proper source of funding and development facilities. Incidentally, the investment is why I wish to know who's who in the city, so I can better talk to Helios Core and Morganstern Inc. about possible deals to secure such things. Would you like to know when we have a design coming to market in the future? I am unsure how useful your organization would find medical technology or biological enhancements, but I'm certain that you would know better than I.

Professor Lazarus
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2013-11-24 at 07:36 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Colossus in the Playground

Gilgamesh to the Historic Society [Email]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Good morning. I've heard that you like thinking and talking about history. I've seen bits and pieces of history, so I thought we could have a chat some time, maybe."
    Resident Vancian Apologist

12. - Top - End - #42

Virtue

Lazarus [e]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sounds like a deal! I don't think I need updates on your releases, as long as you are going through the CCP correctly.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!

Image to come

Buy my music here

13. - Top - End - #43

Lazarus Technologies

To Virtue (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Of course! The CCP is the law of this grand city. Thank you for the information. I hope it will open up new avenues of development for my company.

Professor Lazarus
    -Founder and CEO of Lazarus Technologies

OOC: I know that exchanging databases requires actions, but I don't know what type or how many... I'll put it in an Internal message to ask Lost.

Internal (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trade Databases-Tech 1 for Nyrt's Databases-Movers and Shakers 1. Use the necessary actions to get/give full access to them.

Also, actions can be undertaken at any time, right? Aside from combat? I need to think about what I want to do with this first batch...

14. - Top - End - #44

Virtue

Internal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ditto for what Nemesis said. We're exchanging databases.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Image to come

Buy my music here

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Hardliners

The War Room

The Smith chewed upon his nail as he stared dourly down at the map of the city. A tall, thin and very angular man, as he paced back and forth he strongly resembled a set of complicated mathematical rulers folding and unfolding. Or so it seemed to his two companions in the war room, but then they were long accustomed to his erratic, anxious and ever constant movement.
    Belladona in stark contrast was as a statue. When one spoke her eyes moved to you, but that was all, and not a flicker of emotion passed her face at even the gravest or brightest moments. The Smith was dour now, but nevermore will Belladona be anything else. Icy, haughty, haunted, beautiful. Hard as diamond, but with a deep flaw run through her.
    Major Disaster is the third point of the triangle around the map. He's the only one in costume, through his is best described as a modified uniform. US marine, but cut to show off his awesome body, sleeves short to show off huge biceps. He was a poster boy once upon a time, but that was a long time ago... Or so it seems to him. Most of the world still see him as a hero, one of the best, they are yet to witness his metamorphosis.

Belladona brakes the silence 'I think it safe to say our plans remain set-

Aye interrupts the Smith, the Major merely nods

'But we should discuss this recent developments.'

So much as once. That's always the way.' The Major sighs the sigh of every soldier who has seen to much, and then does what every solider does when he sighs like that. He powers through it. He moves on 'This FEMA situation demands attention, but we need more information.

Not a problem this from the Smith with endless satisfaction and smugness What about the museum?'

Not really our thing.'

Belladona cut across him with authority 'But it wouldn't hurt to keep an ear to the ground. All sorts of dangerous... and valuable things could be missing. And Vorpal, have either of you dealt with her before?'

Both shook their heads 'If she wants to slice up Black Bloods I say let her... But maybe it wouldn't hurt to find out what she wants.' That stood in silence for a few moments Anything else? Both Belladona and the Smith had something else on their minds, but neither was willing to discuss it with the other two, so they left the war room and returned to the war.

To the temporary curator of Tesla Memorial Museum via email
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Hardliners will pursue this theft for you. We require a full list of what was stolen and details of the theft itself

To Stone Cold Killers in person
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bozza, a diffident and frankly inoffensive member of the 69s makes his way very cautiously onto SCK territory. He is somewhat comforted that the SCK know who he is working for, but even the full whirlwind of woe the Hardliners could bring to the SCK will not stop a foolish bullet.
    (After making it clear he comes in peace and being shown to someone in authority)
    Hey, I'm hear representing the 69s, and I'm hear to talk business. Word is your product's the best, and my boys are looking to upgrade our supplier. We're willing to put a lot of cash on the table for the connect.

To Father Figure in person
    Spoiler
    Show
    A red headed woman dressed as a tramp and with dirt applied artfully to herself approaches Father Figure. 'Please father, tell me of what these all means. Why so many dead? What is to come?

To Helios via Email
    Spoiler
    Show
    Please find enclosed my resume in response to your advertisement for subcontracting

To Vorpal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't worry, we're not here to fight. You want to carve up Black Bloods that's fine with us. In fact we're here to help, if we can. You obviously want something from these gangers, and we don't mind helping you cut a path before them to get it. Or maybe we can help some other way. So, what do you want from them?

Icon City Heroes [Temporary Forum]Super-Pac, Knight of Blades, Gilgamesh, James Edison, Lightning Centurion, Ideal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Peabody Labs is a major concern, but we all need more information before any of us moves. We have no idea what we're letting ourselves in for. We are gathering our own intel, but suggest we all pool our efforts

[email protected]: MD will meet you there

Internal (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Using our hacking skills for a couple things. See the gmail doc
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Merlin

Spoiler: Goblin Market
    Show

Merlin's representative arrived at the auction location early, sitting inconspicuously in a cafe across from the antiquarians, waiting.

Spoiler: Cult of Bastet (PM)
    Show

"I have not changed so much that I'd fight to get my hands on a magical radiation leak. I will see to it that your conflict happens as discretely as possible."

Spoiler: Vampire, on the street.
    Show
    Merlin flags down your messenger on their way back."I had business. Your leader doesn't ring a bell."

Spoiler: Laztec (e)
    Show
    What, if I may inquire as a potential investor, is your business model? Bio-technologies and medical services are a vast industry, especially of late. Even if it is well positioned in Icon as you note, I want to know more specifics about your plans and methods before I'd consider you a sound prospect.

17. - Top - End - #47

Mordecai Carter

Order of the Hand and Eye [M]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mordecai turned the letter over, checking the back. Checked the front again. No, he wasn't missing anything - it really was a letter with no return address, despite its author clearly expecting a response.

He shrugged, scribbled down a note, and hung it outside the front door of the Eldritch Emporium, high enough that passerby wouldn't notice it unless they were looking.

Mana Font - renewable source of magic energies - [6 Cash], or [5] with any other purchase

BoomstickRod of Blasting - one use rod of destruction - [4 Cash] each

Shifter Scarf - disguise self - [8 Cash]

Whisper Ring - long distance communication off the grid - [9 Cash] per ring

Good Luck Charms - [1 Cash], free with any purchase!
    [Mordecai's phone number is written at the bottom of the note, circled twice.]

Virtue [P]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dangerous magical artifact, you say? In the wrong hands? Well, that does sound like a problem. I think I can help.

Oh, and by the way - Mordecai Carter, professional wizard, pleased to meet you. Might I ask who this is?

[There is metallic rolling sound as a cash register is opened.] And uh, say... I don't suppose there'd be a reward for the information leading to the retrieval of said dangerous artifact?

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

The Family

[Fluff Tomorrow]

Black Bloods[Email]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings,

I have heard about this Vorpal girl who has been giving you trouble. Any idea what she wants?

Internal[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Right, I'm going to spend an Action to get my people out onto the streets in force. Looking for any signs of trouble as well as Vorpal and Metalclad(working name for the bastard running around testing his Powers). Should Vorpal or Metalclad be spotted, they will be invited to talk to Marissa and discuss this rationally. If they refuse to come along, my people will attempt to capture them if possible. If either of these two happen to be part of a group when they are found, my men will simply observe until they are alone.

Both Gladiator and Blaine will be spending actions to lead this effort.

2. How would I go about implanting my own people into the ICPD? I think I want to take advantage of this recruitment push.

3. Would it be possible to set up a system of secure-communications(free PMs) between myself and another(or others)?

19. - Top - End - #49

Lazarus Technologies

To Merlin (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We intend to focus more on consumer products than providing equipment directly to the healthcare profession. I feel that, especially in this day and age, people of the world should have greater information and control over their health and overall welfare. With Icon City to serve as a trial run for greater things. We also may dabble in upgrades of civilian equipment for the police or military, but as of yet that largely depends on whether we can establish a steady cash flow so that we may conduct such experiments.

And the offer for an exchange of Databases (OOC: Mainly want Icon City 1 for Tech 1), is a separate matter than the funding. Though they are, of course, not mutually exclusive.

Professor Lazarus
    -Founder and CEO of Lazarus Technologies

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Sergei Kalinin

Spoiler: To Golden Flock [M]
    Show
    All in the letter of the law, huh? I really doubt you'd get anything useful out of the FEMA folks currently guarding the place, Mr Eduardo.

What I'm thinking here, is that perhaps Mr Eduardo might know of someone or other who can take a peek at what's really going on inside, without getting caught? I figured if anyone would know of someone like that, you would.

Spoiler: Business Lunch [PM]
    Show
    "Thanks, eh? Lessee now..."

Sergei said, as he took the file from the representative and looked through it carefully. After a few minutes, he grunted.

"No haggling is it, eh? Wun dream o' it, but hey. [10 Cash], or [7 Cash] plus rescue service... any chance t'could be both? Tha' is, [7 Cash] upfront first, and if it all goes real smooth wit' no trouble, den make up 'e difference to [10 Cash] in full?"

Spoiler: To Graveyard Gang [E]
    Show
    Sure thing, Grimmy! Here ya go.

Pyre Hill's upper crust are going to be holding a New Year's party in a few days. We want a disruption there. Some light violence, a fake robbery, an attempted kidnapping, something of the sort. Enough to keep people busy. It doesn't have to succeed, but if you can find a way to make money off of it, that's fine with us. There must be no significant fatalities, though if someone's butler gets taken out accidentally, we won't cry. Now fair warning, there are likely to be heroes in attendance. We don't know who, but Tomorrow Force and the Torchbearers usually send a token rep.
    So tell ya what. [5 Cash] upfront, and [2 Cash] more if y'all don't screw up and be needin' rescuing afterwards, eh? Sound good?

Spoiler: To Professor Vector [E]
    Show
    S'that so, now? Righty then, I'll put someone on it right now. I'll hit you up again once it'd done!

Spoiler: To Vorpal [P]
    Show
    "How's it going, booootiful! So hey, heard ya been raisin' hell 'gainst 'e Black Bloods lately. Na gonna judge you for it or anything, matter of fact I'm cheerin' for ya 'ere. But jus' wondering, dis be a paid job, innit? Care to tell ol' Sergei who's linin' ya pockets to pull dis stuff?"
    Last edited by Ascaloth; 2013-11-25 at 01:38 AM.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51

Super-PAC

Edison Electric[E]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings CEO Edison

Glad to hear our share our ideals. While we like many private investigators try to maintain a working relationship with the police, we certainly don’t work for them. We’ve opposed attempts to merge superheroes into the government in the past, and will continue to do so. I’ll add you to the contact list, and forward the old messages to you. If you’re interested in helping out, would you consider setting up a private server so we can discuss things with our friends across the city more securely?

Sincerely,
    Sharon Deckhart, Regional Director, Superhuman Political Action Committee.

(Feel free to read any past and future Icon City Heroes messages)

Eternal Darkness [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ground floor security at 440 Washington Street directs Theresa to Sharon’s office on the 4th floor. A receptionist(the plaque at her desk identifies her as “Pam”) informs her that Sharon Deckhart is taking a conference call, and isn’t expected to be available for unscheduled meetings anytime in the next few days, as she’s had a lot to deal with in the wake of Y2K. (If Theresa has any sort of advanced hearing, she might detect faint snoring coming from Sharon’s office) Pam does however offer to set up a meeting with some of the PAC’s representatives and lawyers whenever it would be convenient.
    OOC: Sharon doesn’t have any available actions this turn, but I’m spending a general action to set up a PM meeting with non-VIPs. Sorry about that.

Merlin[E]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Have you given any more thought to our offer of an information exchange?

Icon City Heroes Knight of Blades, Gilgamesh, James Edison, Lightning Centurion, Ideal, Hardliners, Edison Electric, Tomorrow Force, Torchbearers [E]
    Spoiler
    Show
    First off, we’d like to welcome James Edison of Edison Electricto the discussion. Everyone be extra-nice to James, we’re trying to get him to set up a more secure server for us.

Peabody Labs- Not much new here, but we do have one lead. We suspect some sort of druidic power is behind the strange events at the nature preserve. Considering what Peabody Labs is involved with(again we cannot share specifics over an insecure network) it’s possible there’s a connection. We’ve found some unidentifiable runes onsite at the preserve. If anyone here has the know-how to analyze them, it would be appreciated. Otherwise we’ll be forced to hire an outside contractor. [Numerous images are attached of the markings on the trees. They're strange, vaguely Celtic designs, all curves. They don't seem to involve any language Super-PAC can identify. Oddly enough, the graffiti doesn't look cut or painted, it's almost as if the bark simply grew that way.]

Tesla museum heist- We’ve obtained permission to have someone examine the crime scene. Drop our name and you’re in. The collection apparently came from the Royal British Museum, we’ll see if they have any more information on the possible magical nature of the goods. On a related note, we’ve heard Virtue is sniffing around the museum. If the theft was perpetrated by a metanormal, and they solve it before us, it could be a huge PR boon for those anti-super fanatics. We need to move quickly on this one.

Lazarus Technologies[E]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings Professor Lazarus,

We’d be happy to get you up-to-date on the latest news(movers and shakers 2) in exchange for equivalent technological data. Our volunteers can handle the data transfer easily enough, so you need not worry about assigning personnel. In return, would you consider offering a seminar to our maintenance workers on the more practical applications of the latest technology? (Spending a couple actions to grant us some Tech Limit)
    On another subject, have you heard anything about the Peabody labs incident? You work in similar fields, and we’re concerned as to why FEMA was brought in. Between you and me, we’ve heard they were into government work that didn’t involve crops at all.

Sincerely,
    Sharon Deckhart, Regional Director, Superhuman Political Action Committee.

IC Historical Society[P]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. We’ll do everything we can to make sure those artifacts get back where they belong. I’m going to call the Royal British Museum in a bit, if you could just take a minute to let them know we’ll be calling and that we’re working with you, I’d appreciate it.

Royal British Museum[P]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello, this is Fivsby from the Superhuman Political Action Committee Icon City branch. We’re investigating a recent theft from the Tesla Museum here in Icon City, I believe they informed you I’d be calling? The objects in question were Atlantean-era in origin, originally owned by a man named Boothsby, and were transferred to the Tesla Museum about six months ago. Anything you can tell me about the collection? After the Y2K incident, we’re particularly concerned about any potential they have to be used for magic. Also, any history you can provide would be appreciated. We might be able to figure out who would’ve wanted them with your help. Sir Merlin is working on getting us to understand magical history a bit better, but we still don’t know everything.

A letter written in goat urine is flushed down the toilet at the 4th floor of 440 Washington Street.
    Goblin Market[M]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear vendors,

We're currently in search of the items recently removed from the Tesla museum. Virtue also seems to be on the case, and we'd like to beat them to it. We don't have to tell you how irksome it would be to both of us if those anti-power fanatics got any more good press and political influence. If the collection or any information should happen to reach you, we're prepared to talk price.

Sincerely,
    Your advocates at city hall.

22. - Top - End - #52

FEMA[P]
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is Sharon Deckhart, regional director of Super-PAC. I’m not going to ask for specifics over the phone, but I’d like to know just how serious the situation at Peabody Labs is. Is anything dangerous missing from the facility? Heroes and villains alike are going to be curious about FEMA’s involvement. If you can clue us in, I’ll do what I can to prevent at least the former from working against you. I’m prepared to offer you any assistance I can in containing a possible metanormal threat to the city. If there are any leads you think my people might be better equipped to follow up on, let me know.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Colossus in the Playground

Gilgamesh at the Museum

"GOOD MORNING, SCHOLARS!"
    Gilgamesh has exchanged his breastplate and musket for a trench coat and Fedora.
    "In the name of the Heroes of Icon City, I am here to SOLVE CRIME!"

Gilgamesh to Merlin [EMAIL]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Merlin old rogue! Didn't know you were on this continent! Finally got sick of Wales, have you? Good for you, that much fog and rain can't be healthy for anyone. How about I invite you to dinner in the Mews and we talk about old times a bit?"

OOC: I'll leave it to you whether Gilgamesh and Merlin really know each other. Gilgamesh has a habit of a) being very friendly to everyone and b) pretending to know everyone, especially historic figures.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

24. - Top - End - #54

Icon City Insider[M]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks for the pictures form the nature preserve. I'll have them looked at, see if we can come up with anything.

In the wake of the Y2K tragedy, we're hoping to take a more active role in supporting the local hero community. To that end, would it be alright if we had a few employees shadow some of your reporters on the job? We'd like them to learn some investigative skills.

25. - Top - End - #55

Order of the Hand and Eye

Mordecai Carter [Phone]
    Spoiler
    Show

"Hell--zzzzkkkkt--arter? This is Mr. Eie. I c--kkkttttt--you a--zzzzrrrr--sound? I can't even--kkkkrrrrzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz--goddamn newfangled--kkkkkttttttt--this, just going to post--kkkkkkkkttttt--"

Click.

Mordecai Carter [Mail]
    Spoiler
    Show

Just as before, no return address or stamp. When Mordecai checked the place he'd put his earlier reply, he found it missing.

Mr. Carter,

My apologies for my earlier attempt at calling you. While certain individuals in my employ are, apparently, capable of operating a telephone without the temperamental machine turning on them, I regret to say that I am not so blessed.

There are several items in your catalog that are of interest to me, and which I may inquire about purchasing later in the month. First, however, I feel I should mention that you have neglected to say how much mystical energy is required to maintain these enchantments. Nothing comes for free, as they say, the secret powers more so than most.

Regards,

Mr. Eie
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Merlin
    Spoiler: Lazarus Tech (e)
    Show

I would be willing to exchange this information. I would also be willing to sponsor a trial run, what specifically were you looking to roll out?

Spoiler: SPAC(e)
    Show

I have. I would be willing to provide access to my general files [Magic 1, Icon City 1].

Spoiler: Gilgamesh(e)
    Show

I like rain, and I do not get ill. Nor, given my nature, am I old. Your attention to detail has almost gotten worse.
    I would accept your invitation.

27. - Top - End - #57

Super-PAC

to Merlin[E]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are you certain you aren't willing to aid us in achieving a greater understanding of magic? We're offering to take over what would otherwise be a heavy burden on your team. (Five actions if I'm correct about how the system works) We have interns for this sort of thing. So many, many interns.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Firbolg in the Playground

Goblin Market
    to Gilgamesh [m]

Spoiler
    Show

A letter arrives, handed off by a short lady dressed in a courier's outfit.

Hail, Fifth King of Uruk! Heard you were in town!

We're more or less a flea market, so trade in anything other than cash is up to the individual vendors. That said, the officials of the market maintain a number of moneychangers, who can convert services and favors, and other things into credit. Got ways of enforcing pacts too, so everyone gets a fair deal!

Please, feel free to stop by anytime! We move around qutie a bit, but if you talk to someone who's in the know, they could probably point you to us.And of course, until the end of this month, we can be reached through Argyle's Antiquities.

Gilgamesh on the Street
    Watchmen, Foundation

Spoiler
    Show

The Watchmen blink a few times and look at each other. The leader holds up a hand. "Uh, give us a minute to discuss, bro."

They go down the street a bit and huddle. Finally after a whispered discussion, they head back. "Yeah, sorry 'bout that. Was NOT expecting that to be the reason. Uh. Normally you have to get through a gauntlet, but..." (One of the female Watchmen is openly checking out Gilgamesh's thews like she's never seen thews before. Maybe she hasn't. This century is disturbingly thew-light in many places.) "...We think you'd be okay there. So tell you what. You're shacking up in the Rustbelt, yeah? That's Black Bloods turf. Right now those murderous @#%#%'s are causin' lots of trouble. Run them outta the rustbelt and you're in."

A few of the Watchmen eye the suited man, curious as to who he might be and why he's hangin' with a pre-mesopotamian god-king.

Historical Society
    Order of the Hand and Eye [P]

Spoiler
    Show

"Sadly, I wasn't working that night. I did a sniff around, but there's no sign of dark rituals. Doesn't mean magic wasn't present, or wasn't used, but no babies were maimed to do it, that sort of thing."

"Professor Pyre's been getting a lot of calls to help out on this, and there's been a few investigators showing up unannounced. At this point, if you wanted to send someone down under a cover I don't think anyone would fuss or think it strange."

"As to what was stolen..."
    (paper rustles) "The Boothsby collection. British adventurer in the 80s, raided a lot of stuff in darkest Africa, skirmished with monstrously twisted tribes, and... Hold on. Oh, that doesn't look good."

He sends through a picture of a gemmed statue of a serpent. (THIS trips the Things Man was Not Meant To Know alarm. That thing's dangerous, holds something like a tulpa. Used improperly or even stored without precautions, it could cause some troubles.) "That's one of the things stolen. Looks like everything in that batch is stone statues, a few gemmed, some not."

Crossroads Club
    Order of the Hand and Eye [m]

Spoiler
    Show

Well! We're certainly flattered by your interest! Our low master of ceremonies is available to meet prospective members, please stop by the east street temple anytime.

(Feel free to PM)

Watchmen
    to KoB[E]

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, anything you can do on the Black Bloods would be great. They've got a lock on Westmarket, and we're barely hanging on in Brownstones.

ICPD
    to KoB [E]

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks! Tips from concerned citizens are always welcome!

Fort Steyer
    to Eternal Darkness [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

As it turns out, the Commander of the Base is a Lt. Colonel, not a general. He still makes room to see Mr. Tennison, with the usual honor guard that always accompanies a visit.

It took a fair amount of time for the soldiers to accept you. Not all of them are comfortable with your nature, but the fact that you stick to farm animal blood (As far as anyone knows) and haven't caused trouble thus far, has caused a good rapport to develop.

Mind you, if the order comes down from on high, they'll still attack you. They'd probably feel bad about doing it, though.

The Lt. Colonel listens as Alfred talks. "Concerns, you say? What's on your mind, Mr. Tennison?"

Follower actions, research
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

You start up research. This is going to take a while. (See the research rules in post 2, coming soon.)

Crossroads Club
    to Trifecta
    East Street Temple Meeting [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

The Temple is a large, towering stone structure that is covered in odd symbols, with quite beautiful stained glass windows. It's not a church, but clearly meant to evoke the same grandeur and feeling.

The front doors are locked, and a friendly guard escorts Mara to the back, where she enters a series of normal-looking corridors, and ends in a small, oddly pedestrian office. A rotund, smiling man shakes her hand. "Good afternoon. I'm the Low Master of Ceremonies, my job is to deal with the public, and prospective members. And I..."

He stares at one of his rings, puzzled, for a moment. then sighs.

"You're using an illusion. Do I need to call Jeffrey in here?"

Leyline
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

You start work on the Mosquito virus. It should be done in a month. (You can pay an extra action to finish it immediately. See the manufacturing rules I'll be posting shortly in Post 2 of the OOC.)

Your hack on Morgenstern meets with success! Though their skyscraper in the business center is secured, their properties factories are not so much. Recent hirings in anticipation of trouble are causing delays with their security databases, and you're able to slip a few fake userid's in without anyone noticing. You don't quite have root, but you have enough to land a Mosquito in their payroll and probably get some cash out of it.

You've also got a backdoor to their Factory Complex network that's good for the rest of the turn, maybe longer if you want to risk leaving it open past the EOT.

GC&E
    to Leyline [e]

Spoiler
    Show

GC&E does not condone or participate in potentially criminal activity. Please stop spamming us.

FEMA MEETING
    Foundation, Ideal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Suits, suits everywhere. The MRB headquarters in the Civic Center is an older building, under constant construction. Parts have been smashed, crushed, rampaged through, cursed, and disintegrated over the years, and it shows. Your representatives are escorted down through a layer of tunnels and corridors to an ancient office with yellowed walls, and a government-issued mechanical clock from the 1950's keeping time with radium etchings on its face.

Behind a black oaken desk as scarred and weathered as the most grizzled veteran soldier, sits a grey man. His suit is grey, his fingernails are grey, his skin is grey, his eyes and hair are grey, and innumerable wrinkles line his face. Against all regulations, he is smoking. He's quite short, and quite unimpressed with all of you. This, then, is Mr. Carceri, the director of the Metahuman Response Bureau.

The FEMA representative is a brown-haired middleaged woman in a black power blouse and skirt, with a metal Halliburton briefcase. She studies you, then nods.

Carceri clears his throat, and waves the cigarette with one hand. "You're here today because FEMA wanted to throw their weight around."

The woman stiffens, offended. "Sir, I assure you-"

"So they're wasting your time and mine with a damn meeting."

"There are issues that need to be-"

"Though I suppose if any of you have anything useful to say, now's the time. Otherwise try to pretend to be impressed by Miss Cavinch's speech here."

"DIRECTOR!"

He puts the cigarette in his mouth, leans back, and studies you all again with sunken eyes.

Vorpal
    Knight of Blades, Foundation
    At Swordpoint [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

The move takes the woman by surprise. She lashes instinctively with the knife, splitting the jacket in two, as she and the suddenly-quite-competent stranger stagger apart.

Glaring at the unknown device in his hand, she banishes the flames, sheathes the knife, and pulls a fencing foil. It begins glowing with a bright light, difficult to look at...

"You are interfering in my business. I don't give a care for some unknown "Boss"'s curiosity. Walk away now, you'll have a healthier life-"

She breaks off, looking up slightly... As an armored figure, flying with no visible means of support, zooms in from the east. Medieval armor, and he appears to be holding some sort of wicked looking darts.

The Knight of Blades.

"Calm down Vorpal, your investigation would go a lot quicker if you'd show some restraint. Now why don't you put the sword down, and we'll give diplomacy a chance?"

She chuckles. "Heroes, of course." She assumes a fencing stance, not pointing the sword at anyone in particular, one hand behind her back.

THE UNSEEN INVESTIGATOR
    KoB [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

...Can't help but note that she's drawn some sort of device from the back of her belt. He can barely see it reflected in the glass window, from his angle.

"Vy do you care? The Black Bloods are monsters. I'm actually on a mission of mercy... One you're getting in the vay of. And I've learned a few things from doing it my vay. Perhaps you should leave me to it?"

Garren Gomar at Gunpoint!
    Foundation, Garren Gomar, Virtue, Gilgamesh [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Foundation
    Spoiler
    Show

A call from the leather-jacketed duo confirms that the police didn't let anyone else back here. "Mind you," they say, "Our investigation onsite is pretty much done. If Professor Pyre's okayed a few other people to be back there, then we don't mind. The Museum owns the place, after all."

As Garren has his say, there's a bit of discussion from down the corridor. "Right down this way. Really, there's not much to-"

A husky bearded man in a rumpled suit walks through the doorway, and immediately holds his hands up as he witnesses two figures holding guns on a third. Behind this husky man stands Pierce Honnette, noted leader of the political group "Virtue."

"Now see here!" Says the bearded man. "What are you doing in my museum, and with guns drawn to boot-"

A booming voice echoes down the hallways!

"GOOD MORNING, SCHOLARS!"

"In the name of the Heroes of Icon City, I am here to SOLVE CRIME!"

The bearded man folds his arms, and glares at everyone. "I give up. It's a damned empty room, do as you please. Well don't shoot anyone, for what it's worth!"

Golden Flock
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Eduard finds a number of inquiries about the museum thefts. Seems like a lot of folks are interested in that. Rumors are also flying that something's going down at the Nob Hill party. No one's quite sure just WHAT, though.

There are also rumors that a son of a prominent Young Turk fell in with a bad crowd, and got into hot water. Mommy and Daddy are resorting to less-than-legal means to get him back.

Oh, and the Super-Pac is looking to have some of its members shadow the news services, learn a bit about reporting.

The Li'l forest animals are happy to work for peanuts! (It'll cost you 2 cash to feed'em for this month. There's a lot of'em.)

The next night, an owl stops by to report that there's another handful of people poking around. About 5 or so of them, waving wooden sticks around and drawing weird signs in the snow, and not too happy about being out in the cold. They look like they're looking for the hill, but at the rate they're going it'll take days to find it.

Lazarus
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

(I'll explain how research works in post #2 of the OOC. The more actions and specialists (VIP levels and followers) that you have to devote to it, the better it goes. Also note that research takes time, usually a minimum of one turn, though you can spend an extra action to try and rush it.) City Hall's happy to line up the permits, and paperwork! Mind you, it'll take [1 cash] to get everything processed, and to make the front look legit on paper.

As to the CCP, City Hall explains that anyone can submit schematics to the CCP for review. The CCP takes about a month to review them, maybe asks questions, then deems them legal, restricted, or illegal.

Helios Core
    to Lazarus [E]

Spoiler
    Show

The world of biotech is a rich and valuable area, but I'm afraid that we're not finding you in the registry. We're quite sure that this is an oversight. Have you any patents that we can examine, to see if you're worthy of backing? Do you have any inventions or projects in mind that would be suited to Helios' scientific methods?

We may in the future be willing to help you with your efforts, but I'm afraid that at the minute we need specifics before we proceed down this road.

Historical Society
    to the Hardliners [E]

Spoiler
    Show

I'm... Sorry. Who are you again?

SCK
    to Hardliners [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

You're escorted to meet a boss bedecked with bling. He ain't the head man, he's just a lieutenant, and he seems amused when you show up. "69s, huh? Maybe we got somfin' for ya man. Always good to do bidness."

He stands, stretches, and snaps his fingers. One of his boys hands him two vials of white liquid.

"This here's good stuff. Try it, see how it settles, I think you'll agree it's good. We can get you all you want. Now, two ways we can do this. One is you pony up some green. [2 cash] per [point of drugs]."

"The other way is for ON-TRA-PRA-NOORS. You sell stuff for US, and we give it to you for a cut of the profits. Eighty-Twenny to start. Once you make [10 cash] gross, split goes to fiddy fiddy."

(Ganger Knowledge check success: Bozza knows this is uncommonly generous. He's not even asking for a startup price. He's taking a huge amount of risk with product worth thousands, but he doesn't seem concerned at all.)

"Whatchoo say, ma man?"

Father Figure
    to Hardliners [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

The father recieves his petitioner in an apartment, newly bought by the looks of it. He smiles, his scraggly beard at odds with his newly respectable duds. Good lord, his eyes are mesmerizing...

"What's to come? Death my child! Death and destruction and doom and all things D! But fear not, for not all shall be taken. No. no, I have been granted within me a power over the great beasts who shall soon rise to cast us down. Mine is the power, as foretold by the gods who slink in darkness, and whisper of doom. Follow me, and I shall turn their eyes from you, for it is better to live in ruin and squalor than to stand proud and be destroyed, as so many "HEROES" learned a week ago."

He jumps up abruptly. "That said, squalor's kind of overrated and we might as well enjoy modern comfort while it's here. Want some coffee?"

Helios Core
    to Hardliners [E]

Spoiler
    Show

As it turns out, we might have an opening for someone of your skillset. You'll need to sign confidentiality agreements, of course. Once you finish those, we can proceed to the face-to-face discussion. Can you come in for an interview?

(Attached are waivers and a temporary passcode for the subway, that'll let one person with ID matching the one you sent in visit the Arcosphere this turn.)

Vorpal
    to Hardliners [E]

Spoiler
    Show

Butt out whoever you are. This is my paycheck.

Boardwalk Meeting
    Hardliners

Spoiler
    Show

(Who are you sending to the meeting with cornerpocket?)

Internal [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Can't check the docs right now, I'll get back to you on this later.

Cult of Bastet
    to Merlin [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

"Why THANK YOU, darling! Mmm, you might need details. A few nights ago some big armored thing swam out of the beach, and hid over in the Hotels neighborhood. A bit close for comfort. Now that round ball hero guy is bumping around looking for it. He's been going all up and down the waterfront. Really, I'd like them both to leave, there's probably going to be property damage if they meet. If you can think of any way to help make things less explodey, that would be good."

Black Bloods
    to Family [e]
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, we know what she wants and she's @%!%# outta luck. We would really, really love it if someone killed her or ran her off. Save us some trouble...

Family
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

1. Turns out that finding Vorpal's easier than you think. Her trail is backtracked to Slumsides... Where your front group of scouts reports that she's currently in a staredown with the Knight of Blades himself, and some guy in a suit.

They are able to get closer, to overhear the conversation. (You may now read the "AT SWORDPOINT" post above, and any that follow.)

2. Infiltrating someone into the cops would require them to apply and pass a background check, and spend some time training. The Street Thugs have records, so they probably couldn't make it, but the mercenaries might be clean. They'd spend a month or two at academy if they made it in, and so unusable to you, then after that they'd be converted from MERCENARIES to DIRTY COPS.

3. It is very possible to set up a secure system of free PM's. There's lots of ways to go about it, depending on how you want it to work. None of them are 100% safe, of course. Nothing is.

Business Lunch
    Sergei [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

The businessman smiles, and shakes his head. "Sorry. In the case of the escape option, we'd have to spend the money in advance to set things up. So no, it's not really worth it to offer 7 with conditions for 10."

Graveyard Gang
    to Sergei [E]

Spoiler
    Show

Heh. A fancy party! I'll be sure to wear my best skull. Alright, we're in. You're on your own if things go bad, though, and you best have a good plan.

Vorpal
    to Sergei [P]

Spoiler
    Show

"I don't divulge clients identities, you know this, Russian. But rest assured it is no vun you haff heard of."

Icon City Heroes
    to SuperPac and all others on the list [E]

Spoiler
    Show

There's a bit of discussion over the runes. Finally someone with an email address that changes every time you look at it weighs in.

????? - Mystic phenomena expressing itself through a natural vector. A mana node has likely erupted in the vicinity. I would caution those unskilled with magic to stay away, incidents like this usually cause a "King of the Hill" effect as various entities and practitioners try to claim it. I highly doubt it has anything to do with whatever happend at Peabody labs.

The discussion of Virtue at the museum actually seems to discourage a few people. 3-4 of the (presumably?) heroes on the list don't want to get involved in politics unless there's a clear and present danger. They're grateful for the effort you went to and all, but in their opinion, that way lies ugliness.

Royal British Museum
    to Super-Pac[P]

Spoiler
    Show

"Ah, hello Mister Fivsby! The Boothsby collection, yaaaaassss... Merlin? You're working with Merlin? Hm! How is the old boy? Doing well? Not coming back to Britain any time soon, is he? Ha hahah... ha."

"Mm. At any rate, let me see. Ah yes, Colonel Boothsby. Poor chap. Had paranoid delusions. Might be some reason to them, he suffered many breakins and assaults in his country estate, and he spent all his fortune on guards, walls, and guns. Place was a full on fortress by the time he really started losing it, in 1920s. Police had to haul him out bodily, and he insisted on a fortified cell in the asylum."

"Kept yelling about the snake talking to him, how it was poisoning his dreams. Yelling about Great Beasts, the end of the world, all that nonsense."

"Died in his sleep, as it goes. At least he went out peacefully, poor chap."

Goblin Market
    to Super-Pac [M]

Spoiler
    Show

And the next day, the toilet backs up, and a somewhat stained package remains among the puddles of water. When opened, it contains a construction-paper card with crayon lettering.

Hi there, new potential customer!

We take no responsibility for items sold by invidual vendors. Caveat Emptor!

That said, if you want to come down and browse around, please send a fee of [2 cash] by toilet express!

Thanks and have a good day!

Icon City Insider
    to Super-Pac [M]

Spoiler
    Show

Sure, we can always use more interns. Hope you're okay with working pro bono...

FEMA
    to Super-Pac [P]
    Spoiler
    Show

"We have no comment at this time."

Argyle's Antiquities
    Order of the Hand and Eye, Merlin [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

You enter the back room of the quaint, overpriced antique store...

...And step onto a dusty plain, lit by a green sun glaring down upon an alien world.

A pocket dimension!

It's crowded with tables, tents, a few old battered pickup trucks with tarps spread out, and wandering cart vendors. The crowd's a mix of human, fae, and a few big, older magical entities. Most are human-sized or human-looking, to fit in among the crowded rows.

And off to one side, people are beginning to gather for the auction. You recognize the white-clad, tan-skinned man known as Dervish, thumbs hooked in a broad swordbelt. He's glaring across the way at a man clad in western-style ceremonial robes, a turban on his head and enough jewels on his hands to fund a small African nation for a year. He smirks, but keeps a wary eye on a fellow wearing a tattered trenchcoat and battered fedora, whose face keeps changing every time you look at him. That must be the Outsider himself... And in the back of the crowd, enjoying a bag of popcorn, is a young man in a black and blue costume emblazoned with a burning torch, wearing a half-face mask. His shadow is three dimensional moves of its own volition, and occasionally glances your way with "eyes."

Finally, there's a blare of trumpets, and a troll lumbers up on stage, carrying an envelope.

"Greetin's and salivatations. We are gavvered here today to pay our respecks for... No wait, thass later. Awright."
    He scratches a few warts, and nods, regaining his composure.

"Right. Today the prize is the coordinates of a mana node locus. One of those places wot some lucky toff can use ta bond wiff, an gain power over it thereby. Ain't hard, even a non-powered git can do it.""So. Yah. We'll start tha biddin' at... [3 cash.]"

And things go quiet. Everyone's looking around, and no one wants to start, knowing that this could go much, much higher..
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2013-11-25 at 03:22 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Tennison And Lt Colonel
    Spoiler
    Show

"Father Epiphanes has suggested that we grow closer to the Fort Steyer. . . He has suggested that perhaps you could extend your security forces across the Farmlands. . . during day light hours. Father Epiphanes is as you know, a vampire, as we all are. We don't know how to ensure security during the day time. With the farmlands as bad as they are, it would be difficult for us to do much during those hours, except for the Father, since he's old enough not to care about day light hours.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2013-11-25 at 01:46 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60

Kobold

The Trifecta

East Temple Meeting, where the bell rings and the enemy sings[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Mara smiled, the sort of smille that promised pain and other things to someone else, but she spoke with a calm confidence.
    "Mmmm it is tempting, but no need, unless he is like me".

Without another word Mara dropped the illusion and gave a smile to the man she was meeting.
    "Seriously?, i think you should upgrade your little ring to actually penetrate illusions"....one could swear she made one of those last words sound very very lewd, the man seeing her true nature would know it was most likely true, without a word her illusion was up again.

"mmm hope you dont mind, i prefer looking like a normal Lady, now you wouln't happen to be the bargainer demon i seek to strike a deal with would you?"

Last edited by Orbiter; 2013-11-25 at 02:17 PM.