New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Total War - Icon City (IC)

Gilgamesh to Merlin [Mail]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Nitpicks. You know perfectly well that the "old" is figurative and that an "old friend" does not have to have a lot of years on his back.

Anyway, Sunday at noon?"

Gilgamesh on the Street

Spoiler
    Show
    "Wonderful! We can discuss policy later. Now, driving the Black Bloods out. I can do that. Could you point me in their general direction?"
    Resident Vancian Apologist

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

Historic Society
    to gilgamesh [e]

Spoiler
    Show

Sir, feel free to stop by anytime! We will MAKE ROOM on our schedule to speak with you.

(Also see: Garren Gomar at Gunpoint! in the main update above)
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Merlin
    Spoiler: SPAC(e)
    Show
    Knowledge is my business as trust is yours. Anyone unwilling to work at their chosen profession is a fool.

Spoiler: Gilgamesh
    Show
    I shall be there.

4. - Top - End - #64

Gilgamesh in: Gomar at Gunpoint! Spectacular!

Spoiler
    Show

Gilgamesh rather casually strolls into the high security vault, with a polite wave at the security cameras and a friendly smile on his face.
    "Good morning, Gentlemen! Is that a gun? Please put the safeties back in. I don't like being around primed guns. Shall we say ten seconds to comply? Lovely."

Gilgamesh in: Chat with the Historical Society! Riveting!

Spoiler
    Show
    Gilgamesh approaches the museum's information desk and gives a little bow to the receptionist. "Good afternoon, young lady. My name is Gilgamesh, I should be expected."

Gilgamesh in: Lunch with Merlin! Nutri-tastic!

Spoiler
    Show
    Whistling to himself, Gilgamesh is buttering a croissant while he's waiting. The table he's sitting at seems more fit for six people and has been heaped with an assortment of breakfast items from various cuisines.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

Order of the Hand and Eye

Historical Society [P]
    Spoiler
    Show

"Well, that's not a good sign...I think we'll probably send someone down to take a look. At the very least we might be able to help someone else find that thing, even if we don't want to take it ourselves. Not knowing who has it or where it is would be the real danger here, I think. Thanks, Mattias. Talk to you later."

Click.

Crossroads Club [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

A man arrives at the temple, dressed in a simple suit and tie with his only ornamentation being an old-fashioned silver watch chain dripping out of the inside pocket of his jacket. The name that he gives is unimportant; he has long ago forgotten whether or not it is his real one.

Argyle's Antiquities [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

"I would be willing to pay [3]," says the man in the quiet suit. He does not speak loudly, but the troll hears him well enough.

Internal [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Two actions.

1) Assigning a secret wizard or two to look into Boothsby and accounts of tulpas from Africa.

2) Solomon is going to wander down to the museum and poke around, as unobtrusively as possible. He will be wearing an eyepatch to hide the silver eye, gloves on both hands, and using the Secret Hand to move around and make a thorough examination of the place.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Knight of Blades

At Swordpoint PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your mission of mercy has resulted in at least eight corpses so far and alerted pretty much the entire city to what you are doing. If you are serious about taking down the Blackbloods then that isn't the way to go about it. The Knight of Blades stays alert, keeping his darts at the ready to throw.

Unseen Investigator PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Investigator stays put, willing to see how this turns out before making a move. He does keep an eye on Vorpal's other hand, trying to see what the mysterious device was.

To unknown individual concerned about Blackbloods (E-mail)
    Spoiler
    Show
    What assistance could you offer and why should I trust someone who I know nothing about?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground

FEMA[P]
    Spoiler
    Show
    “Are you absolutely sure you meant that? This isn’t the ****ing tabloids calling for a scare story. You know we have unique resources. A break-in at Peabody is an emergency. You were called in because of the massive damage that could be caused if ‘genetically modified crops’ were released into the city. This isn’t the time for games. Now help us help you manage this emergency! If you’re not using all available resources, you’re not doing your job.”

British Royal Museum[P]
    Spoiler
    Show
    “Merlin? Can’t say he’s staying out of trouble, but he seems mighty good at getting out of trouble once he’s in.”
    Fivsby listens patiently to the story about Boothsby, jotting down some notes about the serpent and the beasts and dreams, even though the call was being recorded.
    “Really, delusions you say? And repeated break-ins? Would you happen to know who was behind them, or the number of someone who might? Police, or perhaps an heir to the estate? As for the collection itself, any record of the contents? The IC museum still hadn’t put together a manifest. But, I expect the royal museum probably keeps better records.”

Icon City Insider[M]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Of course, they’ll be on the PAC dime. Just don’t have them running for coffee. They need a crash course in investigation, not college credit.
    [I’ll spend an action to send Super-PAC thugs to learn the ropes at IC Insider. My hope is to upgrade them from Thugs to Hardboiled Investigators. Like starting Investigators, but Hardboiled from their days as thugs!]

MRB[P]
    Spoiler
    Show
    An assistant calls up Director Carceri’s office.

“Hello? Yes, Super-PAC. Assuming the director will be attending the Pyre celebration, would it be possible to arrange a private meeting with Sharon Deckhart? She says she has matters of some sensitivity to discuss, but I’m sure we can arrange for a quiet nook somewhere or other, that place is enormous. She’d come down to your offices, but unfortunately we have a strict three-meeting-a-month policy for our regional director. Keeps her focused. Will that be doable?”
    Last edited by bigstipidfighte; 2013-11-25 at 03:04 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68

The Ideal

"Initiating biometric scan, please remain still."

Scott Alden stood as still as possible as the red light swept up and down. They weren't kidding when they said the base was secure. Security checked his new government-issued ID in the lobby, the elevator required a retina scan to get in, and now a biometric scan?

"Biometric scan complete. Subject identified, Codename: Avalon. Clearance: Ideal Delta. Never gas dispersers disabling."

It was that last bit that really got Scott's attention. "Wait, wait, what!"

The voice returned, but this time without the mechanical inflection. "Only kidding. They wouldn't actually let me install something like that. A shame, really. Nerve gases are probably one of the most effective ways of disabling a metahuman. After all, with some exceptions, everyone needs to breath."

"Let me guess, the Engineer?"

"Ah, you have heard of me then? Good, that will save some needless introductions. I've been told that those-on-high want you to have a physical, make sure you're in good shape before we really start. Be down to the labs in about two hours, and we'll get that done." And with that, the lights in the elevator flicked back on and the doors open. With a resigned sigh, Scott picked up his bags and exited the elevator.

And standing there was an incredibly average looking man in a plain grey suit. "Ah, Avalon. You finally made it. He paused. "I've seen that look before. Did she do the thing in the elevator again? Nerve gas?"

"Yah. Is she always like that?"

"More or less. She a bit...eccentric, but she means well. You'll get used to it. Anyway, I'm Special Agent James Coldwell."

"Special Agent? With what organization, exactly? CIA? NSA? IRS?"

Coldwell smiled. "Yes, Special Agent is my title, sure. But as far as we're concerned, I'm just James Coldwell, the PR manager for the Ideal. But good, that's exactly the right kind of question to ask. Anyway, if you'll follow me, we have some quarters set up for you." He turned and began walking down the hallway, and with a sigh, Scott followed.

Spoiler: City Hall - [P]
    Show
    "Mayor Tristan? This is James Coldwell, from The Ideal. Just wanted to let you know that Avalon has just arrived, so we're officially ready to go. Anything you need from us, don't hesitate to let us know."

Spoiler: ICPD - [P]
    Show
    "This James Coldwell, from the Ideal. Just wanted to let you know that Avalon has arrived, and we're ready to go. If anything comes up you want us to take a look at, just give me a call. Oh, and Avalon mentioned something about looking into this Vorpal character. Unless you'd prefer he waited, sounds like he's going to try to track her down."

Spoiler: MRB - [P]
    Show
    Hello, this James Coldwell from the Ideal. Avalon has just arrived so we're officially good to go. If you need anything from us, don't hesitate to give me a call at this number."

Spoiler: SuperPac and Others on List[E]
    Show
    Idealist: Perhaps it's not a surprise coming from us, but I would take caution in how you investigate things. As it stands, the police seem pretty lenient about letting supers assist them. But all it's going to take is a couple of big screw ups before they decide that they don't like a bunch of super-powered amateur detectives poking around. Perhaps until it's clear that extra help is needed, investigating crimes should be left to the police?

Spoiler: Internal - [PM]
    Show

First, OOC questions. The Ideal is a government organization, how does that interact legally with local organizations? The police would probably have jurisdiction over most crimes in the city, but at what point are we allowed to step in?

On that note, what's the law like regarding superhero vigilantes anyway? I can't imagine the police are all that enthusiastic about a bunch of super-powered amateur investigators running around trying to do their job.

As far as actual action types things are going to go...

The Engineer is going to be try to figure out how the hell Avalon's powers work. (Don't expect that to actually do anything, but that's the kind of thing she'd do.)

If she still can, she'll then get to work on putting together some Shock-Bolt gloves for Avalon. Having a little bit extra in a fight never hurts.

Avalon is going to head out to the Brownstones and try to see if he can hunt down this Vorpal character. She may be going after a criminal gang, but she's still murdering the hell out of people. Not cool.

The enhanced-soldier squads are going to prep and be ready to come in and help Avalon, should **** go down. I really need to come up with a better name for them.
    Awesome Morrigi Avatar by Akrim.elf. A thousand thanks.

TW Factions

Spoiler
    Show

None

PBP Characters

9. - Top - End - #69

Icon City Heroes Knight of Blades, Gilgamesh, James Edison, Lightning Centurion, Ideal, Hardliners, Edison Electric, Tomorrow Force, Torchbearers [E]
    Spoiler
    Show
    @Ideal: I know people abuse lol constantly, but I literally laughed when I read this. You're new here, so let's set the record straight- in this town, we're as close to law enforcement as you can get without a government paycheck. Hell, don't you kids even have one of those?

FEMA's something else entirely, and probably best you don't cross the MRB. But those stories are for another day. Welcome to IC, Tesla's own custom built superhuman sandbox.
    Last edited by bigstipidfighte; 2013-11-25 at 03:26 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70

City Hall
    to the Ideal [P]

Spoiler
    Show

"Welcome aboard, son! We're glad to have some more real heros here in Icon City. You let us know if you ever need anything!"

"Oh, incidentally, there's a party goin' on in a few days, a delayed New Year's ball. Lots of movers and shakers. Think you could send a rep? We'll cover an invitation, it won't be a problem. Would be real good for publicity..."

ICPD
    to the Ideal [P]

Spoiler
    Show

"Hello! Good to have more law-abiding heroes around!"

"Ah, the Vorpal situation... Be careful. She's on the files as hot-tempered, and deadly with those blades of hers. Would kind of put a damper on things if you lost a leg your first trip out."

MRB
    to the Ideal [P]

Spoiler
    Show

"Coldwell? Good. We're waiting on you at the meeting, or one of your subordinates. Get down here, so I can get FEMA the hell out of my office."

SuperPac and Others on List [E]
    Spoiler
    Show

[email protected] speaks up, on the subject of Police.

nnp theur iaisilly goodf abvbvot it. Loty ogf vbsad hgutysa, nop ernoufggh copsa

p'lz xcciuse tuypioingf, vbigh hjsanmds

Internal
    Ideal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Well, you can pretty much try to step in on anything. Unless another agency pulls rank, they won't usually fight you on it. When dealing with FEMA and the MRB, things get tricky, which is probably why you're being called to a meeting right now.

Icon City is unique when it comes to tolerating heroes. The atmosphere is a lot more lenient, so long as people avoid a body count or excessive collateral damage.

I forget, do you have an Icon City database? Eh.

Post 2 in the IC has been newly updated with rules for research and manufacturing. Bear in mind most tech manufacturing requires cash of some sort.

And Avalon is on the prowl? Okay! Expect results one way or another in the next update.
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2013-11-25 at 03:41 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71

Virtue

Mordecai [p]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, I'm afraid I'm going to have to call you back. I just walked in on... well, I'm not exactly sure.

Gunpoint! [pm]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well then. This is shaping up to be an interesting day," remarks Pierce to Pyre as Gilgamesh pushes past them. "If these fellows end up causing more costs in collateral damage than was stolen from the outset, don't say I didn't warn you."

Pierce steps calmly out of the vault, dragging Pyre behind him and shuts the door, dialing the ICPD once he's out of earshot. If the gun-toting men want to get to him, he figures they will have to get past Gilgamesh. In the meantime, they're stuck in the vault.

ICPD [p]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hello, yes, this is Pierce Honnette, I'm at the Tesla Memorial Museum, where there was a recent break-in. Someone has returned to try to kill the investigators on the case, and is currently threatening someone at gunpoint in the vault."
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Merlin
    Spoiler: Gilgamesh (lunch)
    Show

Merlin sits across from Gilgamesh brooding stylishly while the spread of food rapidly and mysteriously vanishes.

Spoiler: SPAC
    Show

These interns of yours, can they process encrypted data? I have something time sensitive I have to look into, but I am afraid my findings would not be on the table here.
    OOC: I would make the original trade if you extended your trait (but remained action neutral with your proposal) to also cover another database transfer I make next turn.

Spoiler: Atlantians (PM)
    Show

Something bad has happened. If I can't find out what, it will be bad. I want your help. What do I do to have you send me what you know?
    OOC: I'm assuming the Atlantians have a magicIII database, and possibly other databases I don't. I'll spend 3 of my supernatural influence on this.

13. - Top - End - #73

Garren Gomar, Gunmen, & Gilgamesh: Vaultsing around!
    (Foundation, Garren Gomar, Gilgamesh)

Spoiler
    Show

BOOM!

well, that, uh, hm. That's a pretty thick door. That Pierce just closed on all of you.

*Rattle, rattle*. Yep, it autolocked.

Now that that's been sorted out, the room looks pretty sturdy. The door is steel, as is the frame. There's a small window in the front of , big enough for someone to peer through, but not much more.

The room itself is about 20 X 30, and is concrete lined with iron bars, each about a foot apart. There's a bit of wiring in here, some sort of sensor by the door, and the lone fluorescent light dangling from the ceiling.

It's a bit dusty in here. Patches of the floor are slightly lighter in six spots, each about the size of a four-foot by four-foot crate.

There's not much else, really, save for all the... Investigators...

Pierce and Professor Pyre [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

The professor concurs, and the police ask a few questions, before replying that they'll send a squad car around. They state that they let a two feds through that match the description of the gunmen, and are a bit concerned about guns being drawn. They advise that you stay clear of the area for a bit.

14. - Top - End - #74

Super-PAC

Merlin[E]

Spoiler
    Show
    Afraid we can't help you there, sorry. We get volunteers to help us out with this sort of thing, but their goodwill doesn't extend quite that far. Now, if you wanted to cut us in on the trade, that would be another matter, but as proposed its just not doable.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Golden Flock

Faction Actions [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

The Peabody Labs

2 Ratson’s Crew: Animal, Stealthy
    [Database M&S 2]: Info on Peabody Labs
    [Trait: Hidden Places]: if there is some secret underground level to the facility

Ratson’s crew is to move to the site of Peabody Labs and investigate what happens there. I’m interested in general information to add to the stuff I’ve got from my Database.

If Ratson’s crew detects any interesting smells, they are to memorize them - especially if said smells go into the woods. Also maybe they can find bodies, that weren’t yet uncovered by FEMA.

If somebody sees them, pretend to be just animals - perhaps play it as lab rats (if they can look the part) or forest rats.

Also - find out if the Peabody Labs have used animals for testing of their genetic crops or whatever they were really doing there. I’ll try to organize animal rights protest to liberate them, so I’ll be able to get access to them.

Boy Gone Bad

3 Street Reporters
    [Movers & Shakers 2]: identify Young Turk family
    [Icon City 1]: which gang it’s most likely to be
    [Rumor Monger:] get info, I can pay extra 1 cash if needed.

Okay, start digging on that rumor about Young Turk heir & criminals.

Mordecai/GM [Mail]
    Spoiler
    Show

Mr. Mordecai,

I would like to inquire if you could provide information on whether you recognize the following men. I suspect that they are members of the magical community and as such you may have heard of them.

I would also like your opinion on the following symbols.

Included:
    1. Description of white-clad man and women
    2. Descriptions of man and woman, the man a confirmed sorcerer.
    3. Description of a larger group of men. They bear wood sticks. Description of arcane signs used by group included.
    4. Description of symbols

[GM: You know where I’m getting this information from]

Virtue [Mail]
    Spoiler
    Show

Dear Sir/Madams,

You must have heard that Super-PAC is planning a considerable PR campaign with involvement of media to promote the cause of Powers. I was wondering, if Virtue is planning to present a counterpoint and explain their values for the public.

Best Wishes,
    Mr. Eduard
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

16. - Top - End - #76

Mordecai Carter

Order of the Hand and Eye [M]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Handling those energies is a bit of a specialty of mine. Should take about this much [MP/turn] to keep them charged.

Mana Font - 0
    Boomstick - 1
    Shifter Scarf - 1
    Whisper Ring - 3
    Good Luck Charm - 0

Since you seem to know where the shop is, feel free to come inside sometime. Always glad to talk more about the ins and outs of my wares with savvy individuals.

Barside [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mordecai pays a visit to Strays Welcome, bringing one of the shop's fanciest good luck charms as a gift. He knows about Bastet, she knows about him - he goes in looking to meet.

Internal [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mordecai tells the apprentices what this mana node looks like and instructs them to keep searching (with another action if necessary), but be ready to run in case of trouble. If the Goblin Market knows its location, it's likely that so does somebody else - somebody potentially dangerous.

Also, taking a look at the information the Golden Flock just sent me. Going to make sure to compare Item 1, the white-clad men and women, to old descriptions of Aequitas Rex. The rest, I'll generally rely on my [Magic 2] database and (if applicable) [Friends in Low Places] trait.

17. - Top - End - #77

Mordecai
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

1. Well, Aequitas Rex are said to wear white as their uniform. And it sounds like tabards and hoods, so it does seem like the Golden Flock's description matches them.
    2. The man and the woman are unfamiliar.
    3. The larger group of men and women... You get halfway through, and realize that he's describing the apprentices you sent out to the Nature Preserve. Right down to Tabby's scarf color.
    4. And yeah, the symbols are copies of those found at the Nature Preserve.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Limpeza Chama

After renting out and moving into one of the smaller tenements Brother Moreno decides to call a meeting with his senior Brothers while the initiates clear out the debris left by the last occupants.

<It may have taken longer than we thought, but we have arrived brothers! And finally we can do the Lord's work. Now before we begin scouting the area let's have a review of what we've got. Brother Duarte if you would.>*

<It's not good sir. We've gone through most of the funds that Father Santiago gave us. And the blasted customs agents took all our armor but yours sir. Pardon my language.>

<No need to worry Brother Duarte. We're out of the monastery now. I think we'll all be hearing much worse than that. Still you're right. This is a cause for concern. We'll need to resupply. Start thinking of how to do so. Now Brother Matos, how are the initiates doing?>

<As well as can be expected sir. This is the first time in a major city for most of them. So discipline is suffering because of their curiosity. Fortunately not many of them speak English well. So the language barrier is keeping them in check or at least in the Barrios for now. Of course we'll need to remedy that if we want to send out of the Barrios. For now I've got them cleaning out the place and meeting with a few of the locals. They tell me that there have been some murders in the area that we might want to look into. I've also sent a group down to the local market to pick up some supplies seeing as the initiates are still clearing out the courtyard and haven't planted a garden yet.>

<Good work. Well then I'll see about those murders, maybe put the locals minds at ease that it wasn't us. I hear there is a local group that sells equipment. The Die Kriegers I think they call themselves. You two go talk with them and see if they can help us with our supply problem.>

*Translated from Portuguese.

To the ICPD [M]
    Spoiler
    Show
    To Whom It May Concern,

My apologies about the vague address of this letter. I have some questions about the laws of this fine city, and as I am new to the country do not know who exactly I should address.

As it happens my brother's and I happen to possess a certain amount of firepower, and are in the habit of taking care of ourselves against aggressors and criminals. However upon entering the country we had a bit of trouble getting said armaments past your dutiful customs agents. Which leads me to believe that perhaps our usual efforts might be frowned upon here.

As such I am inquiring about any laws you may have regarding weaponry, armaments, and the use there of. Especially as it pertains to their application in the reduction of criminal elements.

Thank you,

Brother Lieutenant Moreno,
    Militaris Ordo Cruciferorum Purgatoria Flamma, Icon City Mission

To Alexander Cardinal Crowley [M]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your Eminence,

I am pleased to inform you that my order has sent me to establish a mission in Icon City. And while my order has never interacted with you before as fellow servants of the lord I place my services and those of my brothers at your disposal should you ever have need of them.

In the Service of the Lord,

Brother Lieutenant Moreno,
    Militaris Ordo Cruciferorum Purgatoria Flamma, Icon City Mission

Barrios Mini Mart [Action]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A group of initiates arrive at the mini mart eager to perform their next task. Namely shopping for groceries. Truly a glorious mission, as Evil cannot be hunted without a well balanced breakfast of milk, eggs, and assorted fruits.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2013-11-25 at 05:05 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79

Gilgamesh in: The Vaults of History! Chilling!

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, Gentlemen. Seems we're trapped."
    He digs around in the pocket of his trenchcoat, then smiles.
    "Game of dice, anyone?"

Gilgamesh in: Lunch with Merlin! Filling!

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, Merlin. You're quiet today. Bad mood?"

Gilgamesh in: Black Blood on Rustbelt Streets! Thrilling!

Spoiler
    Show
    After getting a pointer in a general direction and asking a few more or less helpful pedestrians, Gilgamesh approaches the nearest Black Blood Hangout.
    He coughs, cracks his neck a few times, stretches, then calls:
    "GOOD AFTERNOON, EVERYONE IN THERE! MY NAME IS GILGAMESH, I'M LOOKING FOR THE BLACK BLOODS!"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Museum
    Show

Holstering the guns after confirmation the female says, "Sorry about that, we weren't told we were sharing the scene, our boss sent us here to investigate this theft."

The male pulls out a cellphone and makes a call to someone, asking over the phone, "Nick, is this Gilgamesh guy for real?"

A sound of the door being locked draws them out of their confusion as they simultaneously exclaim, "Oh come on!"

"Dice? Sure, what are the stakes, five bucks?" the female replies to his question.

Spoiler: At Swordpoint
    Show

"Sorry, no can do, but we're not trying to stop you, I just want to know why you're doing this, If you tell us, maybe we can help you." he replies hands still ready to activate his belt.

Spoiler: Fema
    Show

A middle aged man in a suit walks into the office, saying, "We seem to be missing one member of this conversation."
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2013-11-25 at 06:00 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Garren Gomar in the Vaults of Mystery
    Spoiler
    Show

"I'll play, if you'll wait a moment. Right before I was interrupted, I was about to examine the traces left by the dislocation or, alternatively, destruction of the former contents of this vault. I am hoping to confirm or, alternatively, rule out one of the two competing explanations - that an outside actor effected the event or that the artifacts themselves activated and caused the disturbance."

Gomar turns his back on the people no longer pointing guns at him and approaches the far wall, examining the anomalies. Taking out a matchbox from his pocket, he takes out one match and carefully prods the silver streak.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Say hello to John Smith

John Smith is an average man, of average height, average weight, and average appearance, and even average emotional temperament. In other words, just another human milling around the city, with no special powers to his name.

And like many newcomers to the city, John is looking for a job. On his way out of the apartment, a nice little place in charming Cobbles Cove, he makes his way down to the Mini Marts, the local economic hub.

Arriving at there, he see's people around this place of commerce, including a few... religious types. Giving them a small hello in Latin, most of those types speak it don't they?, John enters the store and asks his simple enough question.

"Hello, I was wondering if there was a job available?"
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Merlin
    Spoiler: Gilgamesh(c)
    Show

"Only practicing. People nowadays expect their legends to be mysterious and solemn. I figure if it seems remarkable but not absurd I've finally got the flick of it." Merlin stretched out his legs and flagged down a wait staff for an alcohol selection. "Why did you come here now?"

24. - Top - End - #84

Gilgamesh in: The Vault of History! Chilling!

Spoiler
    Show

"Most atlantean artefacts I've seen didn't walk, but some teleported. But then, the walls here are full of metal, that would stop a lot. Six light spots. Are we looking for six artefacts? The only idea I have right now is that in one of the crates wasn't an artefact, but equipment to steal them. A shapeshifter could have come through that window as, say, a rat, but not get the artefacts out.
    Destruction is a good hypothesis, one I did not think of myself. We can probably rule out fire, as there's no traces of smoke on the ceiling. Most artefacts would have been mineral or metal in nature. They could have been simply broken into pieces and moved out of the window, but that raises the question why steal artefacts if you have to destroy them to do so."
    Gilgamesh sits down.
    "Bucks? Oh, money. I don't have any American money on me. Let's see." He begins digging in his pockets again. "Moon rock, no. Shakespeare's pen, no. Magna Carta, no. Ah, here."
    He places a fingernail-sized nugget of silver on the floor.
    "That worth five... bucks?"

Gilgamesh in: Dinner with Merlin!

Spoiler
    Show
    "Here? Completely by accident. I spent almost four centuries on Mars. Since I mostly moved around the old world before that, I thought I'd come back over here, for a change. I haven't been in the Americas since the Mayans were still a great power. So, I aimed my chariot roughly at North America and just let it drop from orbit."
    Last edited by Eldan; 2013-11-25 at 06:14 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85

Mordecai Carter

Golden Flock [M]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know these people. And these symbols. Some of these indicate great power, others, great danger.

But this kind of knowledge can be just as dangerous as its subjects, and it's not the sort of thing I'd like to discuss over city mail services. Not with just anyone, at least. But for a small consulting fee (say, [2 Cash]), well, then we'd be doing business, and I could send you a compiled report on this topic.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Golden Flock

Mordecai [M]
    Spoiler
    Show

I'll pay [2] Cash, but I trust you deliver.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

The Family[Internal]
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. I'm going to have Blaine, Gladiator and [1 Mercenary] continue watching the Vorpal situation.

2. The rest of my men will contiue their patrols. Same parameters as earlier should Metalclad be encountered.

3. Do I know anything about Vorpal/KoB abilities given my Databases?

4. So if my Mercenaries did make it through the Police Academy, they would maintain their fighting abilities despite becoming "Dirty Cops" yes? I would imagine my mercenaries are better shots than most cops...

The Family-Black Bloods[E-Mail]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well... I know where she is... In a standoff with a man in a suit and the Knight of Blades. I got people watcing if you wanted to bring people in?

Can you tell me more about her?

[Sending the coordinates of Swordpoint to Black Bloods]

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Merlin
    Spoiler: Gilgamesh
    Show

"Yes, how did things on Mars go?"

29. - Top - End - #89

Lazarus Technologies

To Merlin (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    As of this moment, I plan on developing an unobtrusive device to monitor and record lifesigns, with the capability of sending an alert if values enter dangerous levels or for data to be pulled from the device by the user or medical personnel. This is largely intended as a platform for future enhancements involving near-field technology to develop a form of "keyring" matched to one's own DNA, linking it together with HUDs to allow squads of police or military forces to stay in contact and be capable of monitoring each other's locations and conditions, or whatever else I believe would be a profitable venture.

OOC: So trade Database Tech 1 for Database Icon City 1 then? I'll put the action in my Internal.

To Helios Core (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I believe paperwork is still being settled in our charter of formation with City Hall. It will be sorted out within the next week or so.

As of this moment, I plan on developing an unobtrusive device to monitor and record lifesigns, with the capability of sending an alert if values enter dangerous levels or for data to be pulled from the device by the user or medical personnel. This is largely intended as a platform for future enhancements involving near-field technology to develop a form of "keyring" matched to one's own DNA, possibly expanding it to be capable of reading hand gestures in order to use the same output to control various other technologies, or whatever the will of the market decides it would like to see.

What were you looking for subcontractors for, by the way? I may be able to provide assistance in whatever endeavors you're pursuing.

Professor Lazarus
    -Founder and CEO, Lazarus Technologies

To Super-PAC (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, FEMA being called in is quite ominous... I'll look in to it, if they permit me. If you could put in a good word as to my capabilities, I would quite appreciate it.

We would certainly be willing to help teach your maintenance what we know of the technological field, as soon as we have the available personnel to do so. I believe that can be completed in the next weeks (OOC: Probably this turn, but I'm not positive if I need to take any other actions at this moment. I'll inform you as soon as I can.)

To the Banker's Dozen (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Salutations, potential investor!

We of Lazarus Technologies were wondering if you would be interested in providing us a loan of capital to establish our footing and production capabilities. The world of biotech and medical technology has not been properly explored in Tesla's own city, and we hope to be the pioneers in this field in the coming years.

Professor Lazarus

To City Hall (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings,

I was hoping to be able to serve in what ways I can with the investigation of the Peabody Labs raid, by virtue of my specialty in the realm of science, but I am unsure if FEMA will accept my help, considering there seems to be more to the Labs than meets the eye. I was hoping you could convince them otherwise. I would provide an independent consultation on the nature of research undergone in the Labs, and I can keep you informed, if you so wish.

Professor Lazarus

To FEMA (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings,

I understand your agency is in charge of the investigation of the Peabody Labs raid. I was curious if I would be capable of aiding in this in some manner, by virtue of my field of study and learning. Is there anything I can do?

Professor Lazarus

Internal (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spend 1 Cash and whatever actions (if any) are necessary to legally and legitimately set up Lazarus Technologies.

If Mabn wants to, trade him Database - Tech 1 for Database - Icon City 1. Spend the two Follower actions necessary to do it.

30. - Top - End - #90

Virtue

Pyre [pm]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hm, so they claimed to be federal agents. This is shaping up to be quite interesting. Do you think they are actually who they say they are? For that matter, who was that other person?"

Pierce attempts to listen through the door for gunshots, just in case.

"Say, do you think that Gilgamesh fellow has a cellphone?

Gilgamesh [p] (if he has a cellphone)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hello, this is Pierce Honnete. Is that you in the vault? What's going on in there? Have those two supposed feds stopped threatening that investigator?"

Golden Flock [m]
    Spoiler
    Show

Mr. Eduard,
    Yes, we will be running a campaign of our own, though our ideals aren't so opposed with those of Super-PAC as you might think. It will be difficult, as Super-PAC surely has more allies than we, at least in the metahuman community, and seems determined to oppose us when we could form a compromise, but we persevere. We know the people support us, all those affected by the chaos and destruction so many metahumans leave in their wake.

Cordially,
    Pierce Honnete

ICPD [p] (non-emergency line)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am correct that you have a metahuman law enforcement unit? I am curious what oversight policies you have in that regard.

Super-PAC [m]
    Spoiler
    Show

It appears we are to be political rivals. I don't suppose I could get a copy of your official platform? I need to know what you want me to disagree with, after all.

With gratitude and respect,
    Pierce Honnete
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here