Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Total War - Icon City (IC)

The Family[Internal]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Damn it, alright. Going to pursue Vorpal, as discreetely as possible, and wait for an opportnity to take her into custody. Hopefully out of sight of those capes present.

[I'm going to keep Black Bloods updated on the situation as it develops if they want to do something.]

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

Gilgamesh to the Goblin Market [Email]

Spoiler
    Show
    Just a general question, adding to what I asked before. I am trying to organize cash for things like accomodations and weapons. You mentioned that the market can also deal in favours. Could you put me into contact with someone? I could do mercenary work, maybe, or use my sky chariot. It really can get anywhere on Earth or in orbit in a day, with practially no fuel costs.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Ideal

Spoiler: Swordpoint (Knight of Blades, Foundation, Unseen Observers(?)) - [PM]
    Show

Avalon runs up, sounding just a bit winded. "...looked like she was heading north north-east from my current position. Try to track her if you can, don't engage." A moment later a large, surprisingly quiet, aircraft flies overhead, going in the same general direction that Vorpal did.

"Right, you're Knight of Blades....and I'm not sure who you are. Sorry. We've been looking for Vorpal for about the last day, what with the murdering she's been doing lately. What is going on here, exactly? I don't suppose you could fill me in?"

OOC: AND THEN AVALON HEROICALLY COMES RUNNING DOWN THE STREET. Needs to work on his dramatic entrances, I think.

Spoiler: FEMA Meeting (Foundation) - [PM]
    Show

"It seems to me that you don't name something after a demon if it's a good thing. You can be assured that we'll be on the lookout.

Coldwell takes the Foundation rep's offered hand, giving it a firm shake. "I don't see any reason why we wouldn't be able to. We're on the same side, after all. Though I will be honest, I'm not actually that sure what the Foundation does, exactly. I don't suppose you could enlighten me?"

Spoiler: City Hall - [P]
    Show

Well, sounds like a plan then! I'm sure Avalon will be all for it. Unless you have something else you'd like to discuss, I think we'll see you then Mr. Mayor.

Spoiler: Internal - [PM]
    Show

Right, so my Ideal Soldiers are going to try to track Vorpal in my Advanced VTOL aircraft, as is Avalon when he's done talking to Knight of Blades and...whoever this Foundation guy is. I actually don't have much of an idea about Vorpal though, what would my Powers 1 database tell me?

Also, is it possible for me to invoke "Oh, We've Got One of Those" to reduce the cost of the Shock-Bolt gloves by saying The Engineer has the parts onhand to make a pair?

Either way, yes, the gloves are for Avalon. Would I be able to say that these were built previously and that he already has them by the time of Swordpoint?
    Last edited by Sithis; 2013-11-26 at 06:59 PM.
    Awesome Morrigi Avatar by Akrim.elf. A thousand thanks.

TW Factions

Spoiler
    Show

None

PBP Characters

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Knight of Blades

Swordpoint PM (Ideal, Foundation)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, Vorpal has recently been targeting a notoriously violent gang called the Blackbloods. She's apparently looking for a recent victim of theirs, a boy named Rick Brady. We both tracked her down and were talking to her until your arrival spooked her. KoB says to Avalon.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Hardliners

Hero Forum (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    @AzraelsAgent: Good to see there are still some brave people left, the Hardliners are more than willing to back you up. Here is a temporary private email address: [email protected]. Send us a meeting place and time and we will link up with you there

Historical Society (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    No need for apologies. My associate is not best known for his tact, and the mistake is understandable. Sounds like teleportation, which doesn't narrow the list of suspects as much as you might expect. Still, the Hardliners are on the job

Super-Pac (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Hardliners have been in dialogue with the Tesla Museum and they referred us to you. We require a manifest of what was stolen, and any information regarding them concerning teleportation or magic

SCK (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bozzo blinks at the word 'saturate' but knows better than to comment on it, simply noting to himself that this guy is probably a lot smarter than he's letting on 'I figured you'd want to play it that way. Doesn't hurt to ask though, right? Between our muscle and your muscle no one could touch us.
    Ok, we have a deal. We can work out delivery and payment details in a moment, but I have to ask... How come you're cutting us in like this? You got more product than you can shift?'

Father Figure (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    'I haven't watched TV in years Father, but I remember how much it exaggerates and lies. I didn't mean to cast doubt on your ability, I promise!' The small note of panic in her voice is a nice touch, though slightly overdone 'It's just... It's not like any of those heroes did anything DIRECTLY for me, never gave me food or kept me warm, but I feel sad that they died for me and it won't even matter. They should have done what you said to me Father, kept their heads down... I would love to hear how you came to your revelation' She pretends to sip at her coffee, letting the silence grow between them until, when she speaks again, it seems like a new subject, a mere afterthought of some frizzled and overawed mind. 'Who paid for this place? You have... generous followers, not at all like me, I think.'

Helios (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Smiths smiles thinly. He does most things thinly That's the second time I've been told how big this is going to be, but you haven't said anything about what this thing will be, aside from big. I have no problem with your terms and conditions, but I would at least like some explanation. How am I to make circuitry for a project I don't know the details of? And, although Helios' reputation for integrity is beyond compare, I'm sure you understand my wanting some reassurance I'm not helping to build the new Atom Bomb. He switches on the smile, it became warmer and friendlier That said it is my only objection, the conditions and demands of the work and the compensation for it are more than adequate.

Boardwalk (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Major smiles grimly 'Man, I can toss around tanks. But I'll take your word on it. These days a cocksure hero is a dead hero waiting to happen.' He reaches out his huge paw of a hand to take the sensor ball 'Happy to help you look friend. You and her tangle a lot? This personal for you?
    Investigation (Secrecy) trait. Also the Major is a Paragon so (Assuming it's dark) silent flying should make the search go a lot quicker and quieter. Can just peek through first floor windows, into back gardens etc, all without being seen and all at high speed. Also this sounds like the type of thing I'd like to call Stormcrow in for.
    Starting our search in... Barside

Internal (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sending the Smith and the Orrus and Ferris drones to meet Azreal's agent. Right now we're only looking to locate, not engage
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2013-11-26 at 07:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Merlin
    Spoiler: Gilgamesh(PM)
    Show
    "Whenever I see another immortal I thank the fabric another time that my memory is twisted." Merlin took the rock and studied it casually in a way that happened the obscure is mouth to any onlooker. "I asked before because your timing is impeccable, and I have no idea why. I was hoping you had a reason because I could really use a lead."

Spoiler: Lazarus e-mail
    Show
    OOC: correct
    I will invest in this [1 income] in this venture.

Spoiler: Argile's PM (Mordecai only)
    Show

I'll give you [1 income] if you can take it.

Spoiler: ???(PM)
    Show
    "What happened recently was inconvenient. What will happen is bad. I'd prefer if you do not help me because then you will have to stop it. I have a debt to these groundlickers however, and it compels me to try to save them if I can, which I know you wont. So do you care to name a trade?"

Spoiler: Internal(PM)
    Show

Merlin (and his strike team if it would help) will go to where a battle in Barside would take place and bring it to its least damaging conclusion. (I'm going to start a riot, aren't I )
    Data analysts will send Icon City 1 to Lazarus and receive Technology 1

Spoiler: SPAC(e)
    Show

Do you have another offer? Because if your original was set in stone we could have saved a lot of negotiation.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mordecai Carter

Strays Welcome [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mordecai sat, and accepted the offered tea. He sipped it quietly for a moment before speaking.

"Hi," he said, feeling somewhat unceremonious. "Just thought I'd drop by to borrow a cup of sugar." He tried to judge the reaction to the joke, which proved difficult when the woman's face was hidden and the rest of the audience was cats.

"But I thought it was time I properly introduced myself. Mordecai Carter, as you clearly know. I've seen quite a few strays around the Tourist Traps. And I'm not surprised, given my clients, that'd you be curious. Just so long as it is curiosity, and not... well, not preparing to murder me in my sleep, and all."

"And, while I'm here, I know you keep your eyes open so I thought I'd ask..." He lowered his voice, more for effect than out of fear of eavesdroppers. "Did you know the Aequitas Rex may be in town?"

Argyle's Antiquities [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Merlin and Friend
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mordecai's apprentice furrows his brow, like he's suddenly in a pop quiz. "Paradigm? I've read about him. Picks a lot of fights with magic users, right? Which means... if he gets that power, he might come after any one of us. Or others."

"This is exactly what Mordecai didn't want to happen. Wanted to make sure the auction winner wasn't somebody who'd abuse its power. But he doesn't have the money to outbid this guy. Merlin-" He stumbled on the name, like he couldn't believe he was actually saying it, "- are you here to bid too?"

Golden Flock [M]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks for the warning. Think the AR are heading for the node in the Preserve? It'll be trouble for everyone if they get their hands on it.

Trifecta [E]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, always good to hear from someone who knows a thing or two about the trade. Here's a catalog of what's currently available:

Mana Font: renewable source of magic energy [2 MP/turn] - [6 Cash, 0 Maintenance]

Shifter Scarf: disguise self as someone else - [8 Cash, 1 Maintenance]

Whisper Ring: private communications city-wide [free PMs]- [9 Cash, 3 Maintenance]

Good Luck Charm: a little luck never hurts - [1 Cash, 0 Maintenance]

You know, if you're knowledgeable about magic, I should point out that I'm always looking for new and interesting recipes. If you'd like to trade, I've got the arcane schematics for the Mana Font here, with some lucky enchanter's name on them...

-Mordecai

Ninja Edit:

Argyle's, continued [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "That helps." He turns to the acolyte of Bastet. "I don't suppose your master has a monetary interest in keeping this out of the wrong hands?"
    Last edited by Cognimancer; 2013-11-26 at 07:25 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128

Gilgamesh and Merlin

Spoiler
    Show
    "Timing... timing is a gift. And I can make interesting things happen wherever I go."
    He leans forward a bit and whispers:
    "Well, actually, I landed in a field in Kansas first and asked the local farmers what the most exciting city is, at the moment. But if anyone asks, I'm sticking with the "happy accident" story."
    Piling ham and tomatoes on a sandwich, he finally asks:
    "What is your problem then, that you need hints?"

9. - Top - End - #129

Kobold

Trifecta

Mordecai[E]
    Spoiler
    Show

Mmm that sounds interesting, as a fellow practitioner(but not vendor).
    I believe that mana font would go well with my mana gem recipe, keep in mind those gems are usefull only once and after they are used they are gone for good.

Now that this has been said interested in a trade?

((recipes are traded for free according to Lost))

Internal(Mordecai can read)[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Sending the mana gem recipe to Morde, in return for that Mana font mwahahahah.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Merlin
    Spoiler: Gilgamesh(PM)
    Show

"I don't know! That's the problem. Somewhere, somehow, a continent of metaphysical **** just hit a fan and that's the entire extent of my knowledge."

11. - Top - End - #131

Virtue

The Vaults of History
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pierce backs off a bit from the tunnel.

"Well, this is not at all what I was expecting to find. I suppose I'll let you handle this, though I wish I could do more to help. I'm afraid I'm not really the spelunking type."

MRB [p]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Good afternoon, this is Pierce Honnete, I understand you have metahuman law-enforcement units. May I inquire about your oversight policy? How are these units supervised? I'm currently putting together a proposal and I need to know what the current policy is."
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Sergei

Spoiler: To Vorpal [P]
    Show
    "Mmhmm, sounds darn gud! Arright, yer e'er need Sergei's boy to bust yer sweet arse outta trouble, yer call Sergei at dis number! Fair?"

Charlie

Spoiler: Internal [PM]
    Show
    Quickly and silently moving out of sight of the metal-suited kid, Charlie observed him closely. Keeping an eye out for a possible vantage point he can get to without being noticed, he began formulating a plan in his head at the same time, figuring out the best way to take down the apparent vandal of the Slumsides.

For Immediate Action

2. Use his [Anti-Power Tactical Acumen] Trait to figure out whether his [Martial Artist 2], [Adaptive Combatant 1], [Resourceful 1] and possibly [Parkour Master 1] gives him a way to take down the Slumsides vandal with minimum fuss. He will favour non-lethal options if possible, but will resort to the killing blow if necessary.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133

Lazarus Technologies

To Merlin (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you for your information and investment. I will inform you when the product is ready to submit to the CCP.

To Gilgamesh (M)
    Spoiler
    Show
    King Gilgamesh of Uruk,

I am Professor Lazarus of Lazarus Technologies. I am writing you to offer an exchange of sorts. I have little experience with the mystical and occult, while I am quite experienced in technology and science. You have the reverse issue. Would you be interested in us teaching the other of our fields?

OOC: In part because I think it would be hilarious if after only a week of being back on Earth, Gilgamesh knows more about SCIENCE than half the factions in this game.

To the Foundation (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: So you're offering Database Tech 2 and/or Tech 3? That could be really helpful.

Additional research data could prove extremely useful. What would you be looking for in return?

As for outsourcing, once I complete my current project and get it through CCP, we'll see about expansion. For now, I just want to establish a name for my company here in town.

Ah, and do you know of this Peabody Labs business? I've heard some rumblings that things weren't as they seemed over there... My specialty is biological research, I could possibly be of use as a consultant if you are involved in the operation. Or if you could recommend my name to FEMA?

All of this secrecy is simply making me more worried about the true nature of affairs. I just want to do what I can to keep my home safe, and my talents make me capable of doing so in this regard. If there's anything I could do, please send my name along.

To Helios Core (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will show you our progress as soon as it is at a presentable point and I will send you my resume for any projects you yourselves are pursuing.

To Banker's Dozen (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I assume by this they mean a PM? Or do I just say in person? If they want a PM, I'll start writing something up in my next post, but for now I'll just leave this here so people start wondering. Actions left will depend upon a few things (mainly the Foundation and Gil), and I'd like to conserve them until I know my best course of action.

Internal (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, this info about Peabody in Icon City 1 is quite interesting... Depending upon Admiral's response, I may covertly send an agent, a guard, and a researcher in to get more details about what is going on and try to gather any data or information that I can that could be helpful. If it looks like I can grab some equipment or files that wouldn't go noticed, try to do so, but being secret is the higher priority. Lazarus may go there himself depending on what I find out, but this is just a recon mission for now. Also try to check out the tracks to see if I can match them with anything I know of, or just record it for later use. Maybe get a DNA sample off of hair or blood left behind by whatever beastie it was, but I don't want to head into the woods yet.

No actions yet, because if I can get in legally, that is much preferable.

1) Ah, and Lazarus starts asking around about purchasing an office and lab space in Icon City Health Services. Public office could be helpful, and some projects could be worked on there to deepen the front. If City Hall can help, get them involved again. If they don't want to, it's not that big of deal. I am a legitimate company at this point in time, anyways.

2) Send Helios Core a brief resume detailing Lazarus' doctor / surgeon / geneticist / Tech capabilities. Leave off anything secret or that may raise suspicion. At the least, my name will be filed away if they ever are interested... As for the research, I'll send it to them once he starts his work. Which will be after the Labs thing. Would it take a follower action to create a fake one that would serve properly? I feel reference information would be necessary with Helios, but Lazarus does not have any. I may send a complete one if I have the time to doctor one up.
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2013-11-26 at 09:24 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134

Order of the Hand and Eye

East Temple Hijinks [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

"Hello, sir! A pleasure to meet you," says the man of the Order. His voice is as dry and soft as paper. "I am of the prospective members category, I think. A fascination with arcane societies has led me to your doorstep."

Internal [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Solomon follows that tunnel! HIGH ADVENTURE ENSUES.

The statues. I assume the tulpa-statue is not among them?
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Lazarus (Lazarus)
    Show

OOC: Nah, I'm just offering use of my research facilities to your projects, you will have a couple more actions to devote to research while I get the results of it too.

We have not heard anything about Peabody Labs, they are not among the labs we fund and therefore we are unable to obtain any information as to its condition. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Spoiler: Swordpoint PM (KOB, Foundation)
    Show

"Rick Brady, that should be sufficient." he says, taking out his phone and calling someone.

"I need you to run a search, Rick Brady, everywhere you can think of, thanks." he replies hanging up.

OOC: Run a search through the database for that dude.

Spoiler: FEMA Meeting (Ideal) - [PM]
    Show

"Counteraction same as you minus the publicity, we're supposed to be your shadow, anywhere you can't be, we'll be deploying." he replied.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

16. - Top - End - #136

Icon City Heroes Forum[e]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Glad to hear someone’s looking into Peabody. No new info to share on that front, unfortunately. As for the museum heist, we’ve obtained a manifest of the stolen goods. No specifics, but our suspicions of some sort of enchantment on the collection seems to have been confirmed. Possibly involving dream magic. We're going to see if perhaps Pyre is convering something up. My best guess is, if they are hiding something, it’s to protect the public, not for any sinister motive.

Hardliners[e]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Appreciate your taking an interest in the museum heist. Information’s still spotty as to the magical nature of the goods, but I believe they may be cursed. While there were attempts to steal them many times decades ago, if teleportation was involved this would appear to be a different thief. Find attached an audio log of the relevant bits of conversation as well as the manifest.
    Also, I hear you’re investigating the other break-in as well. Didn’t hear it from me, but it’s said they were working on some sort of supersoldier project. Be prepared to defend yourselves. I hope this doesn’t dissuade you from investigating. There are bigger forces at work here than a rogue super- if this isn’t resolved quickly, this could be the end of IC as we know it. Can’t say anymore over the net.
    Oh, and would you mind telling us a bit more about yourselves? Our databases are sadly lacking, and it would be easier to work with you if we knew what sort of resources you bring to the table.

Sincerely,
    Magister Fivsby.

Attached is a manifest, with photos. Looks like a lot of old statues, most fairly small (6 inches to a foot or so.) About a sixth of them have gems inset in them.

Attached is an audio log of a british-sounding gentleman
    “Ah yes, Colonel Boothsby. Poor chap. Had paranoid delusions. Might be some reason to them, he suffered many breakins and assaults in his country estate, and he spent all his fortune on guards, walls, and guns. Place was a full on fortress by the time he really started losing it, in 1920s. Police had to haul him out bodily, and he insisted on a fortified cell in the asylum. Kept yelling about the snake talking to him, how it was poisoning his dreams. Yelling about Great Beasts, the end of the world, all that nonsense. Died in his sleep, as it goes. At least he went out peacefully, poor chap."

Lazarus Tech[E]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Appreciate your willingness to help us out with tech training. We don’t have much new on Peabody, FEMA isn’t talking. Watch your step around them.
    Have you given any more thought to the exchange of databases?

Merlin[E]
    Spoiler
    Show
    While I’m open to negotiating, I did not offer you the first deal with a second, better deal as a backup if you refused. We might be known for our lawyers, but we try not to treat everything like a legal negotiation.

British Royal Museum[P]
    Spoiler
    Show
    “Thanks a million, this should be a huge help. Now we finally know what we’re looking for. Shame the old case files are lost to history. Might’ve been able to learn something. Anything else you can think of that might be of use? Really, anything at all, you never know what’s connected.”

IC Historical Society[P]
    Spoiler
    Show
    After receiving Fivsby’s report, Sharon decides to call up the museum herself.

“Hello? Deckhart form Super-PAC. Does Pyre have a few minutes available? It’s concerning the heist again.”

Assuming she gets through to Pyre.

“I’ve had my people looking into this, and it’s got me to thinking. Six months is a long time to let something sit without inventorying it. Especially something you were willing to trade Tesla artifacts for. Rumor has it you’ve taken it upon yourself to keep some of history’s more dangerous treasure away from the public. Considering that these items are quite possibly cursed, and quite definitely the target of many criminals in the past, I have to ask. Did this collection contain some of those dangerous treasures? Don’t get me wrong, I admire the effort. But if you know something that could help with the recovery of dangerous items from dangerous hands, perhaps the time for secrecy is at an end.”

17. - Top - End - #137

Gilgamesh

To Lazarus Technologies [Email]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Wonderful idea. The last time I educated myself in science, the four humours, alchemy and evil spirits were still the latest and greatest achievement. I have made an attempt to read up on newer developments, but half a millenium of scientific history is difficult to pick up quickly.

I should warn you, however, that while I have some basic theoretical knowledge of magic, I have no practical talent whatsoever myself. (OOC: I have the magic 1 database, but no actual magic stat.)

PS: I'm no King. Uruk came and went millennia ago and my title with it.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Garren Gomar in the Tunnel of Light Bruising [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

"Ah, it's just some light banging. You two had radios, call us some backup and let's get to the bottom of this, literally and figuratively, all right?"
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: The Tunnel of Doom I tell ya!(PM)
    Show

"Do you think we should?" the female asks,

"Well, this looks like something he's equipped to handle," he replies as she picks up her phone.

"I think we found something that might be big, and it might be nasty, so it might be Rider time." the female says over the phone,

"but, fine, don't blame me if we all vanish. Panic button set, he's ready to deploy if anything goes wrong." she continues, setting it down,

"come on, let's go." she finishes, drawing a large, not standard issue revolver, passing Gilgamesh her obviously standard issue handgun as the man rolls his eyes.

"Really Sarah?"

"What?"
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2013-11-27 at 10:44 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

20. - Top - End - #140

Gilgamesh in the Cave of Horrors

Spoiler
    Show
    "Seems entirely reasonable to me", Gilgamesh says over his shoulder.
    "The last guns I handled were flintlocks that could barely be aimed anyway. I've read up on these newer ones, but never handled one. So, giving me the smallest callibre is sensible."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Firbolg in the Playground

Gilgamesh
    in the Rustbelt [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

BLAM!

The shot goes nowhere near him.

"Get outta here freak or the next time it'll be your face. And when you're gone, we'll maybe sell that fancy Flinstones-car-thing of yours for somethin' Pity about the horses, though. Don't worry, they won't suffer long." The guys in back laugh nastily.

Goblin Market
    to Gilgamesh [E]

Spoiler
    Show

Actually, we might have a use for that chariot, next week or so. Would you be willing to escort an individual with some light cargo to Europe and back? It's worth [4 cash] to us.

And if you want your name put out there as a mercenary, we'll go ahead and do that. Of course, we'll ask a 25% commission on any contracts you undertake that go through our brokers. Do you have any hiring conditions, things you wouldn't do, or groups or individuals you would refuse to work for?

Golden Flock
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Your crews do a good repair job! No one hassles them, the odds were low anyway. Servico keeps a lot of the low-rent neighborhoods running, and they don't carry anything valuable in the trucks. Hell, they're so poor even the trucks are rat-infested sometimes...

(The City Council adds [2 cash] to your account for fixing the problem. Make a note of this in your turns doc.)

You start looking for bodies, and while you do so, Ratson notices a number of homeless people fleeing from the Rustbelt. Ratson investigates, and finds a large, muscular man, completely unarmed, smiling ominiously at a group of Black Bloods that are guarding an old factory. Ratson stations one group of rats as watchers and possible dead-body hitchikers, and continues on with his errand. (You can read the Gilgamesh in the Rustbelt PM's from this point on. You're on-scene.)

Meanwhile, you poke around the flat... And disaster strikes. The rats are late to the check-in, so the servicemen fake a call and head up there. They make their excuses to the wary residents, poke around, and find the rats you sent up there nearly dead. It looks like someone downstairs was cooking drugs, and the fumes inundated the crawlspace they were infiltrating. Fortunately, the exposure was relatively light, unfortunately they'll need the rest of the month to recover unless you get them treatment. (1 Rats Follower OUT.)

Watchmen
    to Golden Flock
    Location-based PM

Spoiler
    Show

"Huh. You're with... Oh. OH. Huh, okay. Nice of the high and mighty to take notice of us. Yeah, if you're willing to help, we'll share the information we've got about them. What do you want to know?"

Trifecta
    East Temple Meeting

Spoiler
    Show

"Power. Well naturally, we all want it..." He sips the wine, smirking. "And you're right, I really don't need wealth. So what can you offer me, hm, let's see now..."

"The Locus? Heh heh heh... Well, that's something. That might be useful to know. Its destruction, hm... We'll keep that on the table."

"Well, I tell you what. It may be within my power to... Speak favorably of you. Get you a higher rank, maybe... Not a huge one, but for you, significant... Yes.... Yeeeeesssss..."

"But, as to what you can do for me, I'll let you choose."

"You can either do me three favors, that I get to decide in my own time, and ask of you one by one whenever I see fit."

"Or you can do me five favors that I'll choose and define now."

"Which appeals more, Mara who found her own faith? Mara the heretic? Mara, prophet of a goddess that may not take kindly to one such as you when she finally wakes?"

Trifecta
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Demons don't usually have daddies. And no, she doesn't know him. However, Bargainers have ways of digging up dirt on their clients, and tend to have a lot of knowledge on various things to begin with. Secrets make for great bargaining chips, after all!

Family
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Well, Vorpal's in full escape mode, so this'll be a mid-turn challenge. Go ahead and write-up who's chasing and how you're going to chase or corner her, and we'll resolve after friday.

Also be aware that the Ideal, now backed up by a VTOL, is pursuing her. Hard to tell how effective they'll be in among the towers and cramped alleys of Slumside, but you never know.

The Black Bloods are willing to owe you a favor if you drive her off or take her out.

They got too much on their plate to mess with her right now.

Also, your men reprt that they have tracked down Metalclad in a far corner of your turf. Problem is, Metalclad's spotted them, and is about to bolt... what are your orders?

Ideal
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

All right! Chase time! Go ahead and type up which forces you're committing, and what tactics they're using to chase her and bring her to ground.

As far as your database goes... ::Rolls dice:: Afraid you only know what it says in the database. She's not someone you've encountered before, and your heroes are still a little new to the business.

Well, if you wanna use "Oh, we've got one of those" for parts it's possible, but it might not cover the whole thing. Lemme see... Yep, you're in luck. Halve the cash cost for the gloves. (Make a note of that in the turns document.) That's your use of it for the turn, good sir.

And yeah, since you fast-manufactured them, we can say that Avalon's got them on right now.

Hardliners
    A meeting in the snow [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

The meeting spot is a few miles from Peabody labs. As the Smith parks the van and make your way to the treeline, followed by his drones, a man in a white tunic, snowy camoflauge cloak, and leather leggings fades out of the trees, his face hidden behind a white hood and scarf. A scimitar is strapped across his back, and a collection of bottles and vials hangs from his belt, and a bandolier across his chest. He studies you with glittering black eyes for a second, before jerking the scarf down. Tan, weathered skin, and neatly-trimmed black beard, and a few other generally middle-eastern features complete the ensemble.

"I am called Dervish. You are the one from the boards? Good. I have found a path to the trail that will not alarm the FEMA watchers. In'shallah, we shall find something."

He leads the way, slightly annoyed at the clatter of the drones, and finally holds up his hand. "Ah. The investigator's tracks. This makes our job simpler." He points at a trail in the snow where a small group clearly moved through, some days ago.

He goes and investigates the tracks the group was following, and frowns. "I do not recognize these tracks. They are not of any creature I know."

He follows the tracks to a river at the edge of the wilderness preserve, using the group to hide his own, and starts looking around. Four hours later, he's still looking around, ranging up and down the river, and growing more frustrated, before he stops at a location two miles down and looks gobsmacked.

"There should not be deer tracks here. And deer should not have legs this long, not for the size of these tracks. It... Disguised its tracks as a deer? Or turned into one?"

For lack of a better option you follow the tracks... That veer away from the Nature Preserve, and head back toward the city. Toward Pyre Hill.

You pass by a kennel, and Dervish immediately stops. "What? How can..." He pulls some powder from a few vials, mixes them, and touches it to his eyes. Blinking, he studies the tracks again.

"No. No, there is no mistake. In one stride, deer. In the next, dog. First beast, then deer, then dog."

"We are following a shapeshifter."

He looks toward Pyre Hill a few blocks away, sour. "From here, the city grows tall, and our tracking will draw notice. Too, it will be much, much harder if not impossible within the concrete and asphalt of the city. All that... Still possible, maybe, with the alchemy I have brought. But a shapeshifter on top of that? No. I do not think we will find it today. It was smart enough to lay a false trail for pursuers..."

SCK
    to Hardliners [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

The boss grins, showing gold-capped teeth. "Milk of human kindness, friend. We be some generous @%#!%'s, that's us."
    His crew laughs, he waves a hand, and laughs too.

"Seriously, thass need to know, man. And right now you don't. Relax. Do good work, move lots of stuff, maybe you get a talk with Coate hisself. All you need to know right now is we on the way up, and we don't mind bringin' homeys like you along. Stick with us, you be rollin' in money..."

Father Figure
    Hardliners [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

As the woman questions him, she notices the Father growing a bit suspicious. It is a lot of questions, and he doesn't seem used to being doubted. For reasons she doesn't quite understand, the woman is having trouble meeting his eyes. Shame? Maybe. Feels... Off...

"Now don't you fret about any of that missy, I know what I'm talking about. Might not know all the hows and whys yet, but I'll take care of things. Have a little faith."

He stands. "Now I reckon I'll see you at some of the sermons later. Gonna have to kick you out now sorry, things to do, and people to enlighten."

He calls in a few followers from the room to see you out, and walk you home. A few of them are kind of burly, but they're friendly enough. "Buh-bye," says the Father, closing the door behind you.

Helios
    to Hardliners [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

The interviewer sighs. "No, you wouldn't be working on a bomb. Quite the opposite, they tell me, but I don't know all the details myself. I'm afraid secrecy is going to have to be something you'll just have to get used to if you work here. This is a big project, and it's been broken up into components, so as long as you finish your part well, and everyone else does the same, it should be one for the history books."

"Are these conditions acceptable to you, sir?"

Boardwalk Business
    Hardliners [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

The Major calls in Stormcrow, and starts searching Barside. Hm... Eight-ball's little sensor drone never picks up any traces of note. You're pretty sure that Anne's not in this area. Eight ball radios in through the drone mid-sweep, and lets you know that the Tourist Traps seems to have no signs of her. That leaves two neighborhoods to go... (This search was free, as part of your PM. You can pay another action to search another neighborhood.)

????
    to Merlin [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

"<Hm. The problem is if we give you troublesome knowledge of that nature, you might pass it on to the dirtsuckers. Or they might mug you for it. We would be taking a risk, and revealing secrets, for an unspecified threat that you do not seem to know the full details of yourself.>"

He sighs. "<It is my House at risk if the Council of Kings finds out I passed on such intelligence. My people who stand to be punished if it leaks. But still, we DO owe you, and House Chorael pays its debts.>"

"<I tell you what. There are three options here. One is that you do a large favor for us, give us a victory that we can use to raise our status in the Council, and deflect eyes away from possible trouble from the fallout here.>"

"<The second option is that we give you the information that you want, but trap it so that it cannot be stolen by, or give to, dirtsuckers. Not without horrible things happening to everyone around you, anyway. This, however, will pay the debt in full. You will never speak with us again.>" (It would mean permanently burning the 3 influence with the Atlanteans, and get you a little ill will from this particular group, since they would feel forced into taking a risk.)

"<The third option is that you investigate and tell us precisely what you fear, and what has happened to cause this fear. Give us a report every now and then when you find SIGNIFICANT DETAILS, and if and when you can convince us that there is a problem worth giving you help, we will.>"

"<Which of these options would you prefer, Merlin?>"

Merlin
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

As you start to send the cash to Lazarus, you find that you have already set up a fund for them. How handy! (Your trait treats them as an emerging faction. They get cash, you don't have to pay, and you get 1 influence you can use to check their company business and suchlike.)

You recieve the promised database from Lazarus, and send your own!

Bastet reminds you that the hero's prey is hiding in the Hotels neighborhood. Probably better confronted there, away from her temple.

On your way over with the strike team, you spot a flying fellow and a guy in a bird costume poking around Barside. You can contact them if you wish.

(Free PM to Major Disaster and Stormcrow if you like.)

Cult of Bastet
    to Mordecai [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

The woman laughs, open and honestly. Not at the joke, but the suggestion.

*Murder? Why no Mister Mordecai. While I must admit your bound demon had me concerned for a time, you seem to have a lid on him quite well. And bloody paws are really not my style. The worst I would have done is spread it around that you'd been up to no good. No, I am quite pleased to meet you, and perhaps when business gets a little better, I might purchase a few things from your store.*

She nearly drops her teacup when you drop the bombshell about Aequitas Rex. *This... This is troublesome. The Lords of Justice have mellowed quite a bit over the centuries, but they're still nothing to take lightly. I... Well, I can't see what business they would have targeting ME. Still... Hm... Thank you. This is good to know. Do you know any more, and what would you want in exchange for this secret?*

Mordecai
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Please confirm your trade of recipes to the Trifecta, if you are interested.

MRB
    to Virtue [P]

Spoiler
    Show

"Hello mister Honnette. As you may or may not know, the MRB is tasked with policing known heroes, villains, and magical groups. We do employ some metahumans, if that's what you're asking. They are supervised in the same manner as other MRB employees, and held to the same high standards."

"Does this answer your question?"

Vorpal
    to Sergei [P]

Spoiler
    Show

"Fair."

Not two hours later, Sergei gets a text. "SLUMSIDES. HERO + UNKNOWN PURSUING."

Sergei
    Analysis... [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Charlie looks over the kid... Probably a girl, by the way she's moving. He's quite certain that she has no combat training at all. Not a bit. The way she's swinging that parking meter around suggests that she's trying to practice, both with powers and hitting things. In fact, she's got all the hallmarks of a newly arisen power.

Her power's weird. She uses it by oozing some sort of mercury-like substance out of her visor, and using her hands to splash it or dab it on metal. Once she does that, whatever object she dabs is near weightless to her. Huh, that explains that scrap armor she's lugging around. She's capable of making it soft as clay to her, so she can poke metal together and tear it apart easily.

Although, watching her hit things and throw things, just because it's weightless to HER, it's still got weight to EVERYTHING ELSE. If she hits Charlie with a heavy metal object, despite her own lack of strength, she could still do some damage. Grappling might be the way to go here.

Though the problem that arises there is that her armor is very thick. Getting blood out of the kid to work with is gonna be a problem, there aren't many weak spots. Of course, it's gonna restrict her mobility a little, too. Weightless it may be to her, but it's still bulkier than it needs to be.

While Charlie observes, he hears people moving through the alleys. Looking over from his vantage point, he notes some tough looking men with guns combing the area, and a couple of them have spotted the kid. The kid hears them too, glances up, and prepares to run like hell...

Banker's Dozen
    to Lazarus [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

(Yes, they're asking for a PM. With you or someone who can talk about your business.)

Lazarus Internal [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

You send your database, and recieve the Icon City database from Merlin.

Also, 1 cash arrives. Huh, Merlin bought stock in your company, and you're seeing the dividends now.

...The transaction was set up ten years ago... Weird...

You start looking around for labspace, and find plenty buildings suitable in Health

Services! An average-sized office is [2 cash], one with a lab attached would run you [3 cash.] If you want relative isolation, or one with a big basement, add 1 to the cost.Helios Core takes your resume. They reply that they're not looking for new biologists at the minute, but they'll keep you in mind for future employment should a suitable project arise.

Crossroads Club
    Order of the Hand and Eye [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

The Low master smiles. "Of course. Understand that I cannot divulge any of our practices to outsiders. But I can tell you what we look for in members. All of our brothers and sisters support each other with binding oaths As such, to avoid trouble, we take only stable, self-sufficient individuals, and run thorough background checks on all who wish to join. Rest assured, if you did join, your new brothers would be sensible, drama-free friends, who would help you out if you needed it, and do their best to avoid burdening YOU."

"All that we ask is that you confirm your belief in a greater power, keep an open mind, respect our ceremonies and traditions, donate a bit as you can afford, and support the club as you can within the boundaries of law."

"Does that help your questions? Would you like a tour? The main Rotunda's in use at the minute, I fear, but there are other areas of the building I can show you. Not all, mind, some are forbidden to those who are not initiated."

Foundation
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

With your police influence, knowledge of Icon City, and the name of the kid, you get a hit. (No action necessary)

Richard Brady, 17 years old and former Isler University freshman, is a missing person. There was an apartment breakin in the slumsides a few days ago, and he was reported missing by the surviving residents who ran. The police suspect that the Black Bloods did it. Tracing the name a bit farther, you find that his father is a hotshot defense attorney on Pyre Hill. The detective you speak to notes that there were rumors that Brady's father was looking around for a private investigator or bounty hunter or something to help track the kid down.

Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

It's hard for Solomon to tell from his angle. He doesn't see any gems shining in the light, but he can't rule out that the tulpa statue might still be in a crate.

As he studies it, save behind the veil of his hand, other problems arise... Specifically a Tatzylwyrm! (read Vault-dwellers below)

Fortunately, the Tatzylwyrm seems affected by the enchantment of the Hand, at least for the minute. Unfortunately, it's a big creature and being unobtrusive won't help him if it lunges through the area he's in... And the gas isn't helping matters.

British Royal Museum
    to SuperPac [P]

Spoiler
    Show

"Sorry, I'm afraid I've told you all we know. The only reason we have as much information as we do is because we were looking for fun facts to hype it up before we tried to exhibit it. Really, his was never a rather obscure exhibit to begin with, which is why we traded it cheaply... Though you never heard that from me, haha."

Historical Society
    to Super-Pac [P]

Spoiler
    Show

Sharon gets through to the museum. A woman's voice answers. "I'm sorry, Professor Pyre is busy escorting some investigators, and-"

A horrible monstrous roar echoes through the reciever.

"-I'm sorry, it looks like we have a situation." *sigh*. "Please hold."

Click. Oh hey, hold music.

"We're no strangers to love
    You know the rules and so do I
    A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
    You wouldn't get this from any other guy

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
    Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna run around and desert you
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye
    Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you..."

Icon City Heroes Forum [e]
    Spoiler
    Show

There's a bit of discussion about the dream magic, and the person with the shifting email address says that he'll keep an eye out if he has time. A few people are annoyed at the idea that Pyre might be doing a cover-up. He's generally well-regarded by most on here.

Whispers at Argyle's Antiquities
    (Merlin, Mordecai) [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

"My mistress is poor, alas... But..." She looks Paradigm over. "Perhaps if you stall him I might be able to go change in a favor from the goddess for some cash. She does not like Paradigm. He is not good to cats."

Vault-Dwellers!
    Garren, Gilgamesh, Foundation, Order of the Hand and Eye, Virtue
    Spoiler
    Show

VIRTUE
    As Pierce withdraws, he exits the tunnel just in time to meet a trio of policemen, coming in with various firearms, and caution. They take a second to confirm that he's the caller, but are interrupted by a vicious, bestial bellow from the cave below!

"The hell?" The police look to Pierce for guidance...

(Pierce can take command of [1 x Beat Cops Follower] if he so chooses.)

---

EVERYONE ELSE

Meanwhile, down below, Professor Pyre starts back toward the tunnel up, followed by Gomar, when a scaled column of slimy flesh erupts from a nearby hole, forcing you all back as a cloud of green, horrible-smelling vapor puffs out.

Some kind of horrible fusion between snake and dragon, with stubby little hands running the length of its body. A great maw from which bilious breath spills, and dinner-plate sized eyes, shining with a sickly greenish-gold.This thing is as wide around as four men huddled together, and ANGRY.

And Gilgamesh recognizes it, after a moment's thought. A Tatzylwyrm! Wow, haven't seen one of these in ages...

Gilgamesh, Order of the Hand and Eye
    Spoiler
    Show

A tatzylwyrm! Big one, too. Like a dragon, only dumber and slightly softer. Poisonous breath that leeches the strength from your muscles over time. Strong, sharp teeth. Can dig like no one's business.

It bellows, and coils closer, stubby, useless clawed hands scraping on the floor, as it writhes, trying to figure out which of you to devour first...

(Welcome to a mid-turn battle! Submit your actions, and they'll be processed and resolved in a bit...)
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Swordpoint (Ideal, KOB, Observer)
    Show

The man's phone suddenly beeps. Taking a glance at the screen he says, "Some friends of mine need my help. Also about the kid, maybe it has something to do with his dad being a defence attorney on Pyre Hill. I heard he was looking around for a private investigator or bounty hunter to help track his kid down, good luck." he says, waving goodbye to the heroes, walking off.

Spoiler: Riders of the Underground Garren, Gilgamesh, Foundation, Order of the Hand and Eye, Virtue
    Show

"Panic time?" Sarah asks,

"Panic time." the male replies as Sarah presses a button on her phone.

"Everyone, get out!" Sarah shouts as she pockets her phone.

They simultaneously raise their firearms as they open fire at the monster, rapidly retreating from it.

A bike darts past Pierce and the cop, leaping into the chamber, the roar of its engine echoing through the tunnel.

It rumbles through the tunnel, rapidly arriving at the group's position. The two agents cease fire as soon as the bike comes up behind them. Stopping just in front of them, the rider gets off, a high tech belt visible on his waist.

"Took you long enough," the man says to the figure, a man Gilgamesh recognizes as the same mysterious person he talked to this very morning.

"Kevin, Sarah, get everyone out of here," the man says as the two agents salute, holstering their weapons and helping Garren out of the tunnel.

Turning to the monster, he flips two switches on his belt, shouting, "Transform!"

In a flash of blue light, a suit of high tech armour appears around him, a strange firearm at his side, as it finishes locking onto his body, a loud mechanical voice announces "CORE MODE"

He draws the strange firearm and starts loosing blue bolts of energy at the monster.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2013-11-27 at 02:46 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Garren Gomar in Vault 13 [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Another goddamn oversized snake!?"

Gomar abruptly changes direction, seemingly shifting from a cautious advance to a full-on running retreat in an eyeblink. He fishes a short orange rod from one of his pockets and attaches it to a metal contraption on his waist, lifting the resulting pistol and firing two small orange bolts of energy at the thing in quick succession. After the shots, he doesn't stop to assess the damage, instead retreating further to find some cover.

As the mysterious rider arrives, he too ceases shooting. Someone more qualified to take over from here, perfect.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

24. - Top - End - #144

IC Historical Society[p]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sharon mutes the call and turns back to her computer, keeping an eye on the line in case the call is reopened. In the meantime, she whips up another message for the IC Heroes forum.

Assuming she gets through to Pyre, and he isn’t acting concerned. (if he is concerned, she’ll offer to send someone over to help)

“That commotion have anything to do with the heist? I’ve had my people looking into it, and it’s got me to thinking. Six months is a long time to let something sit without inventorying it. Especially something you were willing to trade Tesla artifacts for. Rumor has it you’ve taken it upon yourself to keep some of history’s more dangerous treasure away from the public. Considering that these items are quite possibly cursed, and quite definitely the target of many criminals in the past, I have to ask. Did this collection contain some of those dangerous treasures? Don’t get me wrong, I admire the effort. But if you know something that could help with the recovery of dangerous items from dangerous hands, perhaps the time for secrecy is at an end.”

IC Heroes Forum[e]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tried to contact Pyre, some sort of commotion on the other end of the line. Didn’t sound human. Receptionist didn’t sound too concerned, though. Someone with combat skill might want to check it out, but probably not an emergency. Probably. On hold now, hopefully have an update soon.

British Royal Museum[p]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don’t worry about it. What you’ve given us already is going to be a huge help. Thanks again.
    Last edited by bigstipidfighte; 2013-11-27 at 02:57 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145

East Temple Crossroads [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

"A tour would be lovely," says the man with the silver watch.

OOC: It occurs to me that I could have used my traits to have a man inside the Club already. Ah well.

Internal - Midturn [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Solomon backs away carefully. If the tatzylwyrm looks like it's going to come after him, drop a Shaker in its mouth (trying not to kill everyone else there). I have no real interest in fighting this thing--let the heroes take care of it.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

26. - Top - End - #146

Gilgamesh in the Rust Belt [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    Gilgamesh doesn't even flinch as the shot goes off.
    "Well. That's unreasonable of you. In that case, my next offer will be less friendly. I give you, oh, three days to vacate the entire rust belt. If you don't, I'll may have to maim or kill some of you while I'm edjecting you.
    Oh, but if any of you want to leave the Black Bloods and join me instead, you're welcome."

Gilgamesh to the Goblin Market [email]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Very good. Give me a time and place and I'l lbe there, no questions asked about cargo. To Europe, it should be some eight to twelve hours, depending on the place. No questions asked, of course.

And a 25% commission is entirely reasonable. Pleasure to do business with you."

Vault Dwellers [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Not a snake. A wyrm. Like a dragon, but smaller and stupider? Quick version, don't inhale, it has poisonous breath."
    Unceremoniously, Gilgamesh rips a strip of cloth from his shirt and ties it around his face.
    "Doesn't help much, we'd need water. But I've spent 400 years on Mars, I can hold my breath for a while. Also, you probably can't run. It can dig faster than you lot run."

Great Teacher Gilgamesh(Fluff piece)

"WELCOME CLASS! Today, we'll go over the very basics of magical theory! Dimidium facti qui coepit habet, as Quintus Horatius used to say. Let's start at the beginning.
    Hermes Trismegistos famously said Τὰ μὲν ἄνω ἴσα τοῖς κάτω, τὰ δὲ κάτω ἴσα τοῖς ἄνω ἐστίν, ὥστε ἐκτελεσθῆναι τὰ τοῦ Ἑνὸς θαύματα, which is the basis of most that later..."
    "What? Surely you're joking. No Koine at all? Well, Latin then."
    "Tiamat's sagging udders, man! Aren't you Christians? How do you even read your own holy writings! Surely Christianism hasn't become a mysterium like Mithras. Oh, well. Even more basic, then.
    Following from Pythagoras' teaching on the harmonics of the inner planets, we..."
    "NO! I was told that there was public education in this country! How can you not have read the works of Pythagoras!"
    "Cliff notes? DO YOU THINK I'M SOME KIND OF PRIMITIVE? I don't write on cliffs! I write on paper like everyone else! Very well, if you want caveman analogies, I will give you caveman analogies! HERE! This is a rock!"
    *whack* *crash*
    "What do we have now? No! Not two rocks! Two halves of the same rock! Science says they are connected by the same forces as all materials. Gravity, magnetism and so on. The Law of Sympathy says that they are still two halves of the same stone. So. If we do it right, whatever we do to one half happens to the other half as well. That's most of what you need to know about magic, the rest is mumbo-jumbo to convince the universe to listen to you. Most of the time, shouting loudly enough works just as well. Now in hermeticism..."

The Second Day
    "The elements. Now. Unless you believe that hack Flamel who couldn't dissolve his own head in Aqua Regis if he tried, there are both five elements, which are also three elements if you look at them under the aspect of..."

The Third Day
    "So, back to Trismegistos and the Clavicula Salomonis again. On this chart, you see the circle of the mage, which is usually the one you want to start with."
    Spoiler
    Show

"Now, of now you want to hear about summoning circles. Everyone wants to. But we'll talk about theory here. This is an angelic circle, note the symetry of the triads and the equal angles between the lines."
    Spoiler
    Show

"If this were a chaos magic circle, you'd see that the lines would be irregularly spaced and..."

The Fourth Day
    "Nonono. A demon is a spirit transforming itself into an anima and then inhabiting an ectoplasmic construct. A golem is mere pseudoanima fashioned by a mage to inhabit a purely chthonic construct."

The Fifth Day
    "This is a demonic circle."
    Spoiler
    Show

"Where would the summoner stand and where the sacrifice? For bonus points, name the three mistakes in the containment circle."

The Sixth Day
    "Silver? Naah. You don't need silver. Sure, silver works especially well against man-beasts since it's a symbol for the moon. But silver is also a symbol of purity, which is what werewolves are really wary of. Similia similibus curantur as my good friend Bombastus once said. Vercingetorix and I once slew an entire pack of werewolves with nothing but a handful of wormwood and three bags of soap. Of course, the Roman consul still wouldn't believe that soap could have any use at all."

The Seventh Day
    "... and that's why Cthulhu isn't all that dangerous unless you're a post-modernist sculptor. Any questions?"
    "Steam ships? BRILLIANT! When I crossed the Pacific with Paʻao, we had to do it with two dozen rowers in a wooden boat! What will you people think of next."

27. - Top - End - #147

Lazarus Technologies

Foundation (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will keep your offer in mind, but I'd like to get my company up on its feet with its own product before I start sharing my technology.

And if you learn anything about the Peabody Labs incident, please inform me. FEMA's involvement bodes ill for the city, and I'd like to help avert a potential disaster if I can.

Super-PAC (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    FEMA has been silent with us as well and the Foundation doesn't know anything either... The agency's involvement, and things we've recently learned from talking around town, indicates bad things may be happening. I will do what I can, but my hands are tied by the nature of things.

As for data, I am certainly still interested in a mutual exchange but I am unsure how soon I would be available to do so. But what exactly would you be interested in? I hope to find out as much as you'd be willing to tell me about the corporations and government of the city.

OOC: Movers and Shakers 2 & 3, but I understand if you don't want to offer the latter. What would you like? And I may have to do the trade next turn, because my actions are being spread a bit thin right now. Depends on how a few actions go as to whether I'll be able to do anything this turn. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Gilgamesh (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, the humours... I recall learning of those in my med school days. I am certainly glad we have moved past our more simple methods of healing. Science as a whole has progressed much in the time you've been gone, and I'd be honored to help you catch up with the times.

And, don't worry, my interest is simply scholarly. I do not intend to begin pursuing the occult outside of a basic understanding of its mechanisms and the related people of the city. Though if I could possibly find a way to integrate magic into my healing and biological researches... No matter. Those are thoughts for another time.

OOC: I'll put the action in my internal! Thank you Eldan.

Banker's Dozen (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: INCOMPLETE. I'll finish this up once I get lunch. For now this is just scraps thrown together from past messages and my plans. He sounds distinctly un-Mordin in emails because his people have to edit those, but I'm not sure if I should actually have him talk like the good doctor. It's very tempting...

Arriving well before the arranged meeting time, Professor Lazarus collects his documents and thoughts in preparation for his presentation.

----

"As of this moment, I plan on developing an unobtrusive device to monitor and record lifesigns, with the capability of sending an alert if values enter dangerous levels or for data to be pulled from the device by the user or medical personnel. This is largely intended as a platform for future enhancements to serve a variety of services and tasks. For corporate environments, I plan an upgrade involving near-field technology to develop a form of "keyring" matched to one's own DNA and for the device to include basic communication channels. Expanding off of that, Military and Police could use a more secure form of device with an enable HUDs to allow squads of to stay in contact and be capable of monitoring each other's locations and conditions. For more consumer applications, I could program it to be capable of reading hand gestures or voice communications in order to use the same output to control various other technologies.

At a most basic level, I intend to create a device that anyone could use and would be unobtrusive enough that no one would have much a reason to not utilize it if they purchased it. The medical purposes are largely to give an incentive to buy it as an emergency call, but I want to keep on adding features on to it that the common consumer would be interested in having it for the utility it provides."

Internal (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    2 Actions to trade Eldan for Database - Magic 1, one Follower, one VIP.

Spend a VIP action to talk to Banker's Dozen.

Would it be 5 Cash for an isolated office with a basement and a lab then? I'll take it! My current location will hopefully only be a backup or for the things I couldn't hide doing in Health Services, and this way I can at least seem to be a normal faction.

Possible turn actions (just to see what I have open or don't):
    2 actions investigating Peabody (Follower and VIP)
    (Maybe) 2 actions searching the woods for Peabody's beastie (May count as the same part of the above, but the hope is to be able to grab any data / files / information / equipment / experiments / products I can from the lab if I can with that one. This would be trying to capture (ideally in a peaceful manner) the experiment. Also a Follower and VIP)
    2 action for Ouroboros product (Probably also a Follower and VIP...)
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2013-11-27 at 04:38 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148

The Ideal

Spoiler: Swordpoint (Knight of Blades, Foundation, Observers(?) - [PM]
    Show

Avalon watches the unidentified man walk away for a moment. "Right, good talk." He turns to Knight of Blades, "I'm gonna go see if I can't catch Vorpal real quick. If you want to talk about this thing with the Black Bloods, give me a call later." And with that, he begins spiriting off in the direction Vorpal went.

Spoiler: FEMA Meeting - [PM]
    Show

The expression on Coldwell's face doesn't change. "Huh, wonder why I wasn't briefed about you guys. Ah well, nice to meet you. Look forward to working with you."

He then looks back to the others at the meeting. "Well, thank you for letting us know about these...funding incentives? I'm not sure a good term for them. I will say I was getting a bit worried, our budget was getting pretty tight. And we'll start looking into the situation at Peabody as well. The Engineer could probably use something to do. Is there anything else?"

Spoiler: Internal - [PM]
    Show

Alright, the chase is on.

First, Ideal Soldiers in the VTOL are going to do their best to keep track of Vorpal from the air. If they can, they're also going to try to corral her somewhere that Avalon can get to, possibly using Less-Lethal weapons if they can do so without endangering civilians. If Avalon is able to force a confrontation, they're going to surround the area, set up a perimeter to keep civilians away, and then support Avalon however they can.

Going to be having someone from my Support Staff back at the base try to guide Avalon through the streets, giving him the most efficient route to get to where Vorpal is at. When he finally finds her, he is going to force a confrontation and attempt to arrest her. If he can talk her down, great. If not, he's going to try to take her down without killing her. Shock-Bolt Gloves, yo.

Also, cool. One cash for the shock bolt gloves.

For that perk, what I'm really waiting for is, "Oh no, for convoluted reasons we need the Ark of the Covenant! How will we ever find that!"

"Oh yah, we've got that. It's in a warehouse in South Dakota. Give me a day or so, we can have it down here."

Oh, last thing, gonna have The Engineer start looking into the situation at Peabody. Whatever information we can get from FEMA (stuff recovered from the lab, forensic evidence, whatever they'll give us) she'll start going over it and seeing what she can figure out. Might take a visit to the labs themselves, if they'll let her. (I guess this would be her second action for the turn?)
    Awesome Morrigi Avatar by Akrim.elf. A thousand thanks.

TW Factions

Spoiler
    Show

None

PBP Characters

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Golden Flock

Internal [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Ready reporters so I'll be able to snap some pictures in the Rustbelt.

Watchers
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, his nibs is high and mighty, I'm just taking his money as a bit of an extra income - sure beats extra hours digging through **** to pay the bills. I sure as hell won't be rubbing elbows with nobs from Pyre Hill. But I do my job right, I get an extra present for myself for new year.

As for info, for starters, that muscle-bound greek - I think Gilgamesh, is about to shake down one of the Bad Blood bases in the Rustbelt. Also, they've been cooking enough drugs to kill cockroaches in the in walls of [Apartment Building in Slumside]. Now his nibs would like to know what was going on in that apartment buildings - I doubt locals would whisper a word to the outsiders, especially about Bad Bloods, but maybe you can find out.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

30. - Top - End - #150

Super-PAC

Lazarus Tech[e]

Spoiler
    Show
    If our theories are correct, the Peabody situation is a grave threat to the city. FEMA and Peabody Labs are both spoken of in hushed tones at the highest levels. We’re doing what we can on our end, but haven’t come up with much so far. Hopefully the local supers have more luck. Have you learned anything that might be useful? We’re all coordinating as best we can on this; it’d be nice to be able to offer a breakthrough, even a small one, to the lads working the beat.

As far as corporate info goes, we have quite a bit available. Sounds like you already have a good working knowledge; we should be able to expand on that. Some secrets are better kept, to avoid repercussions, but I think you’ll be pleased with what we can offer. In return, anything you can come up with on local supers, tech, or even just the sort of small-time factions we don’t normally deal with would be welcome. If you can offer us enough good data, I’d be willing to have our people handle all the work involved in the exchange. The technologies training for our people can be put off for a month or two; it’s not a pressing issue.

OOC: iirc you have Tech 1 and Powers 1, I’d be willing to offer movers&shakers 2 in exchange, and handle all actions involved, if you’ll help me develop a bit of Tech Points whenever it’s convenient for you.

Internal[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    --FEMA has a plan to control the city and show that supers can be "dealt with." They've been itching to pull the trigger for years, and might not be above instigating things to make it happen...
    --Peabody Labs, a genetic crop research facility on the edge of the city, was destroyed not long ago. Rumor has it that they were conducting supersoldier experiments for shady government agencies...

Do I know anything more on either of these topics? Regardless, how concrete is my evidence on these topics? Enough to take to court? Enough to take to court if I pray really hard? Enough to convince someone? Enough to get someone at least thinking about it? Enough to get me laughed at as the local crazy?
    Last edited by bigstipidfighte; 2013-11-27 at 05:19 PM.