Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Total War - Icon City (IC)

Lazarus Technologies

To Mordecai Carter (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Completely understandable. I have yet to get any detailed information, so I wasn't exactly sure the knowledge involved. (OOC: Only have Level 1 things so I don't know the jump in secrets from 1 to 2.) And I already spent some time with Gilgamesh learning the basics of magick, so I thank you for the offer but it is not necessary.

Well, if I have any need for magic items in the future, which I may as I can see some venues of research that would benefit a merging of technology and magic, I will contact you. And if you ever need biological or technological products, I hope you will keep us in mind.

To Professor Vector (P)
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I kinda doubt he has a listed phone number, but I'll try and see if this works.

"Hello, Professor Vector? This is Professor Lazarus. You heard anything of Peabody Labs or know anything of the raid? Some facts and rumors have come to my attention that makes me worried what exactly they were pursuing. FEMA's involvement only serves to prove something dangerous was going on. I only hope they're competent enough to handle it on their own instead of getting one of us experts in the field, but I still feel like doing whatever I can to help.

And, on a more unrelated note, I was hoping we could establish some sort of a dialogue with yourself due to your talents and specialty being similar to my own.'"

To Merlin (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings again!

I was wondering if you'd be available to help teach me and my staff some deeper aspects of the magickal tradition. (OOC: Another Database trade for Magic 2) I have learned the basics in my first few weeks here in the city, but I feel it could be beneficial to learn whatever else I can. Unfortunately I'm not exactly sure what else I can offer you that you don't already have. Would you be interested and what would you want for the teaching?

2. - Top - End - #242
    Colossus in the Playground

Gilgamesh and the Press

The Hero grins, wiping some blood off his face.
    "Ladies and Gents! Welcome! Now, just "Gilgamesh" will do nicely! I have no holdings, no titles and no subjects, so I am certainly not a king!"
    He pauses to drag a few of the fallen black bloods into a lose pile, then puts one foot on top of them, one hand against his waist, posing for the cameras with a fierce grin.
    "Now. What happened here is quite simple. The Watchmen gave me a quest to prove myself worthy: to rid this district of the Black Bloods who terrorize it. Of course, I accepted."
    He frowns at the pile of bodies and rearranges it a bid, so that the berserkers are a bit more visible and the guns spilled on the ground are pushed to the foreground.
    "I tried, of course, to make the Black Bloods several peaceful offers. To buy the district from them or to let them join me instead. They did not accept. I tried to subdue them peacefully, but they took berserker drugs, so I had to kill them all."
    Stepping down from the stack of corpses, he leans closer to the cameras for a close-up shot, showing off his bloodied beard, interwoven with a dozen golden rings.
    "So, remember. Don't take drugs or you might start drooling black liquid, turn into a crazed warrior and be taken down by an ancient hero. Me."
    Scratching the blood off his beard, he continues.
    "They fired the first shot, they violated guest rights, they refused treaty. I see only one conclusion. War. I, Gilgamesh of Uruk, am declaring war on the Black Bloods."

Gilgamesh at the Museum

Spoiler
    Show
    "Tatzelwyrm. Poisonous relative of the Lindwyrm. Nasty things. SOMEONE BRING ME FOOD! I HUNGER! Also, a knife, I want a trophy. Thank you."
    As he walks to the snack shop, Gilgamesh pauses next to the crushed sarcophagus.
    "You mis-translated this. That's not pharaoh Djedefre, that's his bastard son, Hamadi."
    Resident Vancian Apologist

3. - Top - End - #243

Kobold

Trifecta
    Somewhere in a cave a man and his dog Kaiju were joking and waiting for an answer from their email, the laptop pinged as it received a new email, and after reading it the man sighed.

"........damn i forgot about those laws Strider...sorry looks like they aint hiring....unless you wish for us to speak to the MRB to get hired"

Strider let out a low growl that was another idea down the drain.

"Nah i think instead i am gonna take up Mara's offer, at least i will do something useful that way".

"Okay so...i suppose time for plan c"

Now it was time for Tempest to shine, although truth be told he hated plan c.

Fort Steyer[e]
    Spoiler
    Show

I see, i thank you for your time and your understanding with laws that i was unfamiliar with, i will see what can be done.
    May you win any battles that come.

-Strider(written by a friend)

MRB[E]
    Spoiler
    Show

((picking a fight with the fighting maniac....who answers their letters XD))

Come close to where Strider lives and i will assume you will try something and i will make you regret it.
    -Tempest, I aint backing down from a fight suckas.

What do you mean officers?, my nose is clean, cleaner than that of someone over in Alabama that is......i admit i felt a little freaked out and cooed in amazement when i saw it.
    On unrelated note, i will contact you later for stuff you might be interested in knowing.

ps: Would you pay for the location of the Locus?
    -Mara, The testosterone is strong in Tempest.

Mayor[P]
    Spoiler
    Show

"Nope i am fully human as far as i am aware, and no worries i doubt my friend actually fits in a booth of any sorts, unless its whale sized and he still would make write those x's terribly"

A giant snort was heard from the phone followed by a "O,really?"

"Mm he dint like my compliment of his size, perhaps i will help him become a musician instead, although i remember something about the Convention District having an arena, i dont suppose its a fighting arena?"

"Well that clears it up, heard rumours about Dr.Dire, hmm anyway thank you for your time Mayor, see ya".

East Temple Meeting[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Mara snorted, if the demon was any more bored he would be sleeping.

"Well now this is gonna be fun...and dull, oh well looks like the master of the goblin market is gonna be paid a visit again, by the way, it was his recommendation that landed me here, so there you go, knowing who to thank".

"See ya Sir"

With the deal done and no more questions Mara changed her illusion a little bit to make people think she was someone else and left the temple.
    Last edited by Orbiter; 2013-12-02 at 05:47 AM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Golden Flock

Sergei [M]
    Spoiler
    Show

Mr. Sergei, Peabody Labs are guarded by people with flamethrowers and enough firepower to bring down Gilgamesh. FEMA doesn't joke. However, I will investigate alternative means of obtaining information.

PETA [M]
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you so much for your support. I'm glad that there are humans who wish to coexist peacefully, rather then kill and exploit. I feel that for too long the victims of the Powers and Wizards have been ignored. The Super-PAC's propaganda - this People First speaks of wizards, powers and super-scientists - but animals? No. Animals ain't people. Do they talk about the wizards enslaving animals as familiars or sacrificing them, scientists and labs preforming twisted experiments and Powers crimes against animals? No... They don't even notice it. My heart aches. Their victims mutilated, tortured and traumatized deserve a chance at natural life. And that I pledge to give them. A home where they can lead their lives in natural environment, safe from prosecution, I shall give them.

Ms. Derkhard, MRB [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Eduard shakes his head to come to his senses, after being carried by Mr. Bongo. He spots Director Carceri and immediately addresses him: ''Mr. Carceri, the party is under attack by the Graveyard Gang.'' As it turns out being chatterbox parrot has its perks - as Eduard fires words like machine gun to describe what’s happening in just a few moments. ''What should we do?'' he asks Mr. Carceri clearly expecting director of MRB to take charge, whether it is to fight back or just sit tight and wait for rescue.

Mr. Bongo growls at the background, muttering something about mansion security and olden days of villain party crashing.

Internal [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

[Jet Pack Minion Past 1]: Mr. Bongo was a supervillain minion - he knows how these robberies go - any insights? He should have seen the security - I expect to guard all the nobs it had to be pretty tight. So how did Graveyard manage to take them out without making a sound to burst on the party like that. Possibility of inside job? Does it feel like regular heist or is it one of those ‘’robbery distractions’’, while the real objective of the villains is somewhere else? Basically what’s Bongo’s feel on the situation?

P.S. Totally expected something like that to happen. Should have prepared something I guess, but I decided to just wing it.

P.S.S. Those undead - dug out of graves or fresh looking? I’m wondering if there’s Bad Blood connection here.

Support

Any animals at the mansion by chance? Maybe the rich nobs here have a private zoo? M&S 2 Database should give me some clue...

Gilgamesh

I’d like one of the reporters to slip him a tip, that Bad Bloods are holding hostages somewhere in the Urban Blight...

Ratson’s Crew

1. Gilgamesh & Press won’t be there forever, stick with bodies plan - in case Bad Bloods try to retrieve their dead.

2. Check the scents in the warehouse and see why Bad Bloods defended it - but careful about them drugs. My reporters on site can be of help.

Gilgamesh [Mail]
    Spoiler
    Show

Mr. Gilgamesh, your deeds are catching the attention of the people of the Icon City. I would like to ask you, if you’d like to have an agent, a man who will spread word of your deeds and exploits to the people?

Vorpal [M]
    Spoiler
    Show

[Rumor Monger]: (She’ll know the offer is legit)

I’d be willing to pay [1] Cash for the whole story of what happened this month - from your confrontation with Bad Bloods to your fight with heroes.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2013-12-02 at 07:26 AM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

5. - Top - End - #245

Gilgamesh to the GOlden Flock [mail]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, so far, the press seems quite sufficient. But from how you are asking, you are offering a deal?"

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Monster in the Museum (Garren Gomar, Foundation, Gilgamesh, Virtue)
    Show

"Don't think you'll need one," the armoured man replies to Gilgamesh's request, gesturing at the smoking bones, picking one up and tossing it at him.

Flipping the two switches on his buckle off, his armour vanishes in another flash of blue light, he proceeds to unclips the buckle and place it into one of his larger pockets.

"See you when there's trouble," he says, waving goodbye to Gilgamesh, mounting his bike and speeding off.

"And there goes Mr Dramatic Exit," Kevin chuckles, rolling his eyes at the rider as he sped off.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2013-12-02 at 07:44 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Hardliners

Super-Pac (e)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Certainly enough to make a fine start. We'll let you know if we turn anything up. We have a contact at Helios who may be able to tell you more about Lazarus. Contact details attached. Btw, we don't mean to step on your professional toes but do you require assistance at the party?

Merlin PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Major flies down to Merlin and Salutes Thanks for the assistance sir. That could have got bloody before I brought it down if not for you. You look like you were expect ing her. You know what she was planning?

Internal PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Send the details of the Smith's man in Helios to Super-Pac (im assuming a contractor would still have a company email?

The major will take stormcrow and 8ball to the hospital. Take their suits back to the base for safe keeping, make sure 8ball knows how to contact us to get it back

Take Ann droid back to base also. Fit her with a command and control collar. Willing to invest as much TP, actions and cash required. How much will it take.

Also spend an action to learn what we can from 8ball's suit and sensors.

And I didn't get an update on the father figure thing.
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2013-12-02 at 08:29 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Golden Flock

Gilgamesh [M]
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, Press is just tip of the iceberg. There’s merchandising, comic books, movie deals, endorsements. People of our age show their admiration and adulation for the heroes by buying their imagery, following their example and reading stories about them.

What I need is permission from you to produce objects bearing your image like - tee-shirts with your picture, replica chariots or artist representation of your fights - for example your recent conquest of that dragon. I would also need you to tell of your exploits so they could be published in all their glory - and perhaps negotiate your appearances at feasts and gatherings of importance.

As I’ve mentioned people of our age quite often express their worship of heroes through money. For my services I’ll ask to keep the 25% of it, while the rest would flow to you.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

9. - Top - End - #249

Gilgames at the Museum [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Who was he? Never mentioned his name. I like his style."

Gilgamesh to the Goblin Market [mail]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Would there theoretically be a market for the bones of a Tatzelwyrm?

Gilgamesh to the Golden Flock mail]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Not a bad deal. But I want the right to veto any merchandise I consider either undignified or in some other way as misrepresenting my myself. Furthermore, I want to reserve the right to be identified as the sole inventor and owner of all items of the Gilgamesh brand and reserve the right to recall the license at any time.

I suggest you draft up a contract and mail me a copy."
    Last edited by Eldan; 2013-12-02 at 08:49 AM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

The Family[Internal]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Am I able to read the Pyre Mansion Party stuff? I didn't see my name in the list of who could read it. I had Marissa use an action to get in. If so....

How are people reacting? Are they actually handing over their money, jewellry and such? Could Marissa use [Charmspeak 2] to make nice with the Graveyard Gang and convince those holdouts to hand it over?

11. - Top - End - #251
    Barbarian in the Playground

Super-PAC

Hardliners

Spoiler
    Show
    It's a delicate situation. So far the only demands are wallets and jewelry, but a fight there could result in civilian or police casualties. Your call, really.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

John Smith [Internal]
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Super PAC seems to have a lot of e-mail, Sage Tol'Grim will hack into their servers, make a backdoor or two, check their electronic correspondence.

Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

Show

"Sorry, it's classified, though you can call him Masked Rider" Kevin replies, chuckling a little, as if at his own personal joke.

"Really Kevin?" Sarah asks, rolling her eyes.

"What? That's what it's called." he replies, acting hurt.

"I've given up hope on him." she says to Gilgamesh, shaking her head.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Garren Gomar the Dragonslayer Spectator [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Trudging out from the ruins after ensuring the Professor was taken to proper care, Gomar brushes off dust from his clothes.

"Well, good job in any case. But we still need to find out where it came from and why, and what happened to the artifacts. Explore those tunnels. Any volunteers?"
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

Show

"Volunteers are coming in right now with some toys." Sarah replies, as she hangs up her phone.

A couple hours later, men and women in armour file into the museum, well equipped for spelunking and heavily armed.

OOC: Spend an organizational action to carefully canvas the tunnels. Also wanna trade for your Magic database?

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256

Mordecai Carter

Lazarus Technologies [E]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well wait just a minute there. Merging technology and magic?

I'll admit, I get a lot of people asking me to teach them about magic, and too often they aren't serious about it. But it seems I haven't given your organization the attention it deserves in that department. What exactly do you do at Lazarus Technologies? I haven't heard of your company before, but I'm wondering if I should have.

Internal [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Still waiting for a response on info-gathering from my database.

Checking my [Magic 2] database, and asking Vrin if he knows/remembers anything about the Children of Yig and what their goals are. Super-PAC asked about an apocalypse scenario - I know that the Children hunt down ancient artifacts, but why? For the artifacts' Lemurian power? Are they trying to wake up the elder gods they once sealed away, or are they seizing the artifacts to stop people from unknowingly drawing on the ancient horrors' powers and awakening them in the process? I don't expect to know much about their motives, but maybe I could dig some context up.

More concrete: "Recently, a lot of factions have been hunting them down, quite violently in some cases." Do I know which factions, and/or why?

17. - Top - End - #257
    Firbolg in the Playground

Press Conference, Uruk-style

"There you have it folks! You heard it here first on Gopher news 42! Gilgamesh has declared war on the Black Bloods gang! This is Susan Dainy, live at the scene!"

Gilgamesh and Observers
    Rustbelt[PM]

Spoiler
    Show

The reporters interview you for a while, and take more photos of the scene, while a few more of them go poking around the complex. One of them comes up to you, notepad in hand... "Well, Mister Gilgamesh, I was wondering... Were you planning to do anything about the hostages that the Black Bloods were holding in the Urban Blight?"

Goblin Market
    to Gilgamesh [M]

Spoiler
    Show

Well, there certainly could be. The management isn't looking for Tatzylwyrm bones at the minute, but you're welcome to set up a stall and try selling them in our marketplace when you've got time. Just drop us a mail when you can, we tend to move around each month.

Limpeza Chama
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

(Children of Yig and Aequitas Rex... Lemme see...
    ...About the only thing that you know, is a few whispered rumors that some order called Aequitas Rex used to have ties back to the Catholic Church for a while back in the middle ages. They split long ago, though. And of the Children of Yig, you know nothing beyond the name.)

Order of the Hand and Eye
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Solomon gathers up the 5 or so small statues. Though hardly major, they could be used for a charge during magical works. (You have gathered 1 point of crafting materials. Crafting Materials can be substituted for cash at a 1 per 1 rate during enchantment.)

You recall your agent saying that a few statues in this lot were gemmed. As there are none here now, one can conclude that all the gemmed statues were taken.

And then people come down to explore. You may read the "Post Dragon Exploration" entry below.

Order of the Hand and Eye
    East Temple [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

The Low Master glances that way, and shakes his head. "That's the rotunda through there. Ceremony going on at the minute, I'm afraid it's off limits. You might have heard something, the acoustics are interesting in that room. Now, let me show you our collection of ceremonial implements from years past..." He gestures toward another wing, away from the oogly feeling...

Lazarus
    Laboratories and Lies [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Turns out that they WILL chase you through the woods. It's a harrowing run, and at one

point Lazarus' guard takes a bullet. They do not split up, and they move in night-vision equipped squads that are too big to effectively ambush with the meager backup you have along. Fortunately, it's not serious enough to drop him, and Lazarus is able to patch him up by the time you manage to lose them, and head back to the van.

The agent, you think, was dead. Hard to say exactly because it was dark, but that looked pretty fatal to you.

LOST - AGENT x1

Lazarus
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Sadly, Professor Vector has no listed number, but you are able to scrounge up an email address off the metanet. (Your databases came through for you.)

Professor Vector
    More inquiries about Peabody? Bah! I admit to a rather prurient curiousity concerning the contents of that catastrophic complex. Nonetheless, FEMA's Foolishness shall be enough to ward away the weak.

As to dialogue? Who ARE you, to compare yourself to ME? I've never heard of you. Do something impressive and we shall talk, but until that time I see little reason to waste my time with idle chatter.

Cult of Bastet
    to Merlin [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

"The goddess says thank you! And she is just glad that no one died. Do not worry about the inn, that place was an eyesore anyway."

MRB
    to Merlin [E]

Spoiler
    Show

Ah, your friends across the pond told us you'd be calling. We might be able to give you access to some basic files, if we could have your assurance that we could call upon you for backup in the event of a magical crisis. Is this agreeable?

Merlin
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Your operations folks are a bit confused, but they've worked for you long enough to do it anyway. Sure, they line up the fruit and mirror, and start them heading that way. These things will arrive in Mid-turn 2.

Icon City Insider
    to Super-Pac [P]

Spoiler
    Show

"Well ma'am, the evidence is rather slight, to be truthful. There have been odd happenings out that way... We can tone it down certainly, but the Golden Flock owns a few of the more vocal scandalsheets and tabloids, and they're having a field day with this. You'd have to talk with Mr. Eduard if you want something done about those."

Super-Pac
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Yep, right now the PR push is covering costs but not much more. As far as Sharon's power goes... It lets her find flaws in things, right? I'm not sure how that would translate to gadgeteering powers. Didn't see a Schrodinger's purse in her character description, from what I recall of it...

Arachne
    to Sergei [E]
    Spoiler
    Show

Front page, too! I'm quite happy! Here's the bank account code... (You recieve 7 cash.)

Vorpal
    to Sergei [P]

Spoiler
    Show

"Mmm. If that's all you got... Pass. Ve'll say you owe me a favor instead."

Steampunks
    to Sergei [P]

Spoiler
    Show

"Excelsior, old chap! See you around!"

Professor Vector
    to Sergei [E]

Spoiler
    Show

As you will. Do it or don't.

Charlie
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Gladiator. Mildly invulnerable, and can control Earth. Supposed to be a good fighter. Charlie's not sure if he can break Gladiator's skin with his bare hands. He's sure he's got speed and training on the guy. Be better to take down the thugs first, so that they don't shoot at him.

Sucker punching the kid would definitely get some good starter blood going. Charlie's not sure he can kill the kid in a single shot, but he could definitely hurt her, possibly drop her. Right now she's wary of everyone, including him.

Mordecai
    Barside Station, ICPD [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

The Lieutenant of the waterfront district turns out to be a middle-aged woman with iron-gray hair, and glasses that make her eyes seem a size bigger. "Ah. Mister Mordecai, good of you to come down to see us."

"I'll get straight to the point... Why are you selling magical weaponry out of a publicly accessible catalog? Particularly something that's supposed to be both concealable and as dangerous as a weapon used to take out tanks?"

Mordecai
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Vrin doesn't know much about the children of Yig. They're some cult to things that are just as nasty to infernals, but of a different flavor. Presumably they're hunting down artifacts that match their goals. Waking or keeping elder gods asleep is certailny a possibility, but without more information it's hard to say for sure.

As to the factions hunting them... Yes, you do. You're pretty sure that Aequitas Rex wants them dead, and locally, both Dervish and the Outsider have been trying to follow up leads on the Children. There may be others, but you'd have to put your ear to the ground to uncover more about this.

Foundation
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Sure, you drop 3 actions to get everyone there ASAP. You'll arrive in mid-turn 2. Got a plan once you get there? Write it up in the next mid-turn action cycle.

MRB
    to Foundation [P]

Spoiler
    Show

"You have our blessing to spearhead the assault on the villains. Just make sure there are no civilian casualties, and try to keep property damage to a minimum."

Argyle's Antiques
    Mordecai, Merlin [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

The troll takes the payment with a smile. "Nah, gold's always good." He hands over an envelope. "Dere you go then. Pleasure doin' bidness!"

Vorpal
    to Knight of Blades [E]

Spoiler
    Show

Normally I'd be tempted. You have a reputation as being sensible, not like that red and blue idiot. But those Ideal boys went and put a bullet through my side, so I'm in no shape to take on Black Bloods right now.

But if you're going to do the right thing, you might as well get paid for it... I tell you what... When you return the boy to his father, give me credit for putting you on the trail, and I'll let you keep the payment he hands over.

Ideal
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

(Ah, to be fair, Tombstone IS stronger than Avalon, and he was shaken by the fearsong. You were a little worfed as it turned out, but I rolled fair and square. Anyhooo...)

The Engineer burns an action and gets cracking on research. She turns up good info on the three inside the house...

Government Dossiers
    Spoiler
    Show

Whipporwill is an emotions controller, (Broadcast Empath 2) but she can only do negative emotions, and her voice has to be audible for it to work. If her targets can't hear her, then they're not affected. She's got a booster vox in her mask, but right now the stage's sound system is letting her reach the entire mansion. Aside from that, she's a baseline human as far as anyone can tell.

Grim's a flying regenerator. (Regenerator 2) However, his regeneration is lopsided... Organs regenerate superfast, bones take a little longer but are still within seconds, and muscles take a little longer still. Fat and skin take huge amounts of time, up to days, so he usually ends up looking like a bloody, flying skeleton by the time a fight's done. That scythe of his is rumored to be magical.

Tombstone is a brick, plain and simple. (Powerhouse 2) Hard as stone, strong as anything. Can lift upwards of a few tons, but no special powers beyond her tankiness. Usually assigned to guard duty for the squishier team members, or set to take down tough foes. Like Avalon, for example.

Avalon readies his battle plan. This'll resolve in Mid-turn 2. Does he have a strategy beyond try for Whipporwill with hurled debris, then take on Tombstone?As far as powerhouse powers go, powerhouses are super strong and super tough, and that's

about it. Think the comparison between Superman and Doomsday. Superman's a paragon, so he gets flight, laser vision, speed, and a bunch of other powers along with strength and invulnerability. But Doomsday has strength and toughness, and that's about it. (Well, he can leap huge amounts too, but that's more of a factor of Rank 9 Powerhouse strength.)

Put a powerhouse toe to toe against an equal level paragon, and in a face punching contest the powerhouse will win. So Avalon, as a rank 1, can lift a ton or two with straining, can ignore pistol bullets, take heavier rounds with only bruises, and weather small explosions without sweating it. A nuke would leave him smoldering bones. Set him on fire and he'll eventually start taking pain from it, but it's more likely the smoke inhalation and oxygen deprivation would take him out before the fire's damage killed him.

And yeah, the shooter got away clean. Looks like he set up in an abandoned apartment, and took a few shots at Vorpal while you were chasing her.

MRB
    to Trifecta [E]

Spoiler
    Show

Please stop threatening us. It won't help any on your annual review. And what are you talking about? What locus?

Mayor
    to Trifecta [P]

Spoiler
    Show

"Haha! No, no bloodsports here. The arena's for games and shows, I'm afraid, hahahahhaaa! And no problem, call anytime!"

PETA
    to Golden Flock [M]

Spoiler
    Show

No worries, little animal friends! We are here to SAVE you from the CRUEL and HORRIBLE exploitations of HUMANITY!

Feel free to ask us for any advice or assistance, this is what we do! We understand that you may be a little naive about human ways, but you're one of heaven's creatures, and we'll do whatever we have to for your own good!

Party
    Ms. Deckhard, Golden Flock [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Carceri takes a drag on his cigarette. "You want my advice? You've got heroes here, this town has more that are probably going to show up, and the Graveyard Gang usually sticks to the unwritten rules. So if you feel like fighting or trying to hinder them, go for it. Might be worth some good PR for your respective organizations. If not, wait and see what happens. Worst thing that'll happen here so long as nobody escalates is a robbery, and I don't see any pockets on you, parrot."

Golden Flock
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Mr. Bongo does have insights. He saw the writing on the wall when the two took the stage, which is why you're back here instead of in a room full of villains.

He figures the zombies were probably transported in vehicles up to here, then burst out and overwhelmed or drove off the outside security. Between the zombies and Whipporwill's fear song, it probably wouldn't take much. Inside security... Well, you've got a room full of civilians, and at least three supervillains around. Inside security's probably not going to be much help in rousting them. Particularly with that fear song going.

He also figures that this feels very much like a distraction play. Holding up the highest of society, and shaking them down for jewelry and chump change? While HEROES are present? No, something else is going on.

And Eduard notes that the zombies he can see from the window are pretty well decayed. He also notes that aside from a few small dogs, there are no real animals present, and small dogs are kinda useless most times.

Golden Flock
    Business Elsewhere [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

One of the reporters passes the tip on.
    The rats realize that the plan might not work. With public news coverage of the assault, the cops are going to have to show up now and take the bodies to the morgue. The Black Bloods won't have a chance to steal the bodies away once the cops show up.

The reporters poke through the complex. It looks like this group of Bloods were living there. There's also a small drug lab, and a few small arms lying around, but nothing else of interest. This was likely their outpost in the Rustbelt.

Finding Vorpal...
    Golden Flock [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Sadly, Vorpal doesn't seem to have a mailing address. Would you like to try to find a way to contact her with some other method?

Family
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Yep, Marissa's in, so you can read the party stuff. She's incognito right now, which is why she's not on the "present" list.

People at this minute are scared and nervous. So's Marissa, for reasons that will become clear when you read the party entry. She could certainly try to convince people to hand their stuff over.

(Also, when you respond to Ascaloth's post, be sure to include a description of Gladiator, please.)

John Smith
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Sage Tol'grim attempts to start his hack... And finds himself rebuffed by the Super-Pac's firewall. (1 action used.)

Looks like his attempt wasn't noticed, and he's pretty sure he'd do better a second time around. Would he care to invest an action to try again?

Leyline
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Alright, wellp, you're a bit behind the deadline compadre, so your midturn actions will resolve in midturn 2. No problems!

Also, your trolley is totally cruising around right now. Take that metal thieves!

Hardliners
    Hark the Heralds [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

(Ah, sorry, missed that.)

Before she goes, Belladonna tries to rummage around in Father Figure's mind... And finds madness, deep and pure. So deep that she knows trying to control him would be rough, at best. Pushing past it, poking at the root, she finds memories... Of the homeless husk he used to be, finding shelter in the subway stations, going deeper below time and again, chasing warmth in the winter months...

...And of the voices, speaking in inhuman tongues. Rough hands in the darkness. The knives they brought out as they carved the symbols in his back to let the demons in, to speak their prophecies... And when they did, he understood their words.

Now he hears whispers now and again, from nowhere and everywhere. Whispers of great beasts and the apocalypse to come, but his understanding is incomplete. But with his rebirth in the darkness came powers... They didn't mean to let him go you see, but he made them look away, made them forget him. He'll make the beasts look away, too, with his powers. He believes every word he's told you.

And now people LISTEN to him. They pay for his apartments, ply him with gifts of money and women and drugs, and he takes them and is happy.

For the first time in a long time, he has a PURPOSE. Hallelujah!

Dockside Business
    Merlin and Hardliners [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

You find 8-ball down in the parking garage, disentangling himself from the wreckage of his suit. He's got body armor and a mask on below it, and is rather banged up, but shrugs off help, though the Hardliners offer to repair his gear. "I'll be okay. Thanks for offering help with the suit, but I'll call in the MRB, we've got a deal. They can transport it and help me fund repairs."

The Hardliners arrange transport for Stormcrow... He's been knocked loopy, but he'll be fine with some rest.

8-Ball comes outside, chatting as he goes. "So, you stopped her, huh? Good! Okay, there's some property damage, but you saved lives mister merlin, so I'll chalk this up to a victory. Don't suppose we got REAL lucky and you guys grabbed her brainpod?"

At the blank looks, he sighs. "Anne's a brain in a jar, she's not permanently attached to any of her bodies. She punches out of her battle chassis whenever she loses. It looks sort of like a missile..."

You get up to the street, and he surveys her unmoving form. "Oh yeah, she's gone. This is just a shell. Don't know if it's booby trapped or not. Well, it's yours if you want it, or you could call the MRB to inspect it and scrap it otherwise. You got a way to transport it?"

Post Dragon Exploration
    Garren Gomar, Foundation[PM]

Spoiler
    Show

(Right, 1 action to explore the tunnels from Gomar, please.)

You descend into the tunnel, and explore it for a while, finding the main part of it joins to an old, abandoned subway line. There are marks on the tracks, and with their technology expertise the Foundation personnel identify the marks as being from an old-style track repair cart, the type that takes two people pulling to move back and forth.

Poking up the line a few miles north, you find a heavy series of bars blocking the old line off from a main subway line. You're probably near the heart of Downtown, now. Some of the bars are bent aside, and each one that's bent bears a silver stain on it that Garren recognizes immediately.

Another mile ahead, you start hearing the sounds of a busy station, and emerge into a storage tunnel for older subway trains and machinery off of the Grand Central Avenue station. Sure enough, you find the handcart. There's a silver stain on the handle of this cart too, though it's unwarped.

Heading back to the museum, you poke around the main cave. Yep, five crates, some of them with a few statues still inside. More statues and statue bits lying around. It's quite evident that someone sorted through these, and left.

Huh.

Wait.

Weren't there six bare spots on the floor upstairs? Yet only five crates down here...
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2013-12-02 at 05:03 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

John Smith

Internal[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Interesting. A decent firewall for humans. Sage Tol'Grim takes a few minutes, going over what exactly happened, looking at each bit of the firewalls code and how to counter it in a timely and stealthy manner.

After he goes over it, he tries again, but this time aiming for more subtly and less brute force.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Firbolg in the Playground

John Smith
    Internal [PM]

Spoiler
    Show

Aaaaand you're in.

(You may now peruse the Super-PAC's email traffic for this turn. Hell, you even managed to get their IP, so you can look through the Icon City Heroes [e] posts.)

(You also notice another presence on their servers. Looks like someone else had the same idea. Whoever it is sends you a text.)

Charlotte: Hi there! Let's be friends! Or at least neutral, while we're watching these twerps. Truce?
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

John Smith

Internal[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Observer; Neutrality is a logical basis for shared observation. Would you perhaps be interested in selling any firewall information you have available?

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261

Internal
    Spoiler
    Show
    Positive this was my final decision on mechanics. It works similar to Mad Scientist, the upside is it applies to magic, downside is she can't do much on her won.

22. - Top - End - #262

Super-PAC

Golden Flock[e]

Spoiler
    Show
    Just got off the phone with the Insider. Would you mind explaining your cause for these allegations of animal sacrifice on the nature preserve? This sort of negative press for magic users is not what we need right now, especially if it's unjustified. If it is justified, then give us some details, and we'll look into it.

23. - Top - End - #263

Virtue

MPD
    Spoiler
    Show
    Could I get a report of metahuman crime in the city? We need it for political purposes.

Families of the Deceased [relatives of those killed by Gilgamesh]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sirs and madams,
    We are truly sorry for your loss, and would like to help you in any way we can. If there is anything you need or if you would like to take legal action against Gilgamesh, we would be happy to assist.

Pierce Honnete
    Virtue

Power Corrupts
    A proposal before the Icon City legislature.

"In the wake of the tragic events at the north pole, more people than ever are coming to understand the power that metahuman abilities allow them to exert over other people."

"Remember, they're all people. Any person with a weapon will be tempted to use it, regardless of who they are. And what are powers if not weapons? Tools, perhaps. But like any tool, they have a potential for abuse."

"Every year, many metahumans are pardoned for their crimes because they "could not control their powers," and yet if a man kills someone with a gun because they do not know how to use it, or if a man is killed by someone operating a vehicle they do not know how to drive, these are crimes. If a metahuman cannot control their powers, they should not use their powers in public until they have more control."

"Heroes are a great boon to the city. The threat of swift and disproportionate retribution for crimes is a great deterrent. Many of these people, though not all, have, however, succumbed to an illness of the mind. They use vigilantism as a way to exert power over others, to show dominance and control. This is not a sign of a healthy mind. Greed for endorsements and public acclaim, lust for power, pride in their powers, placing themselves above others, wrath against those who wrong them. I would not trust these people to pass sound judgement on others."

"What is needed is a system of checks and balances preventing these individuals from passing judgement and sentence on private citizens. I would like to propose a system under which all independent heroes must be registered and evaluated in case of an eventuality when they turn against the people of the city and to determine if their ability is controlled enough to be safe for public. We would, for privacy reasons, not require people to reveal their identities, though this would be suggested. In addition, all heroes would be required to have a non-powered handler, or "sidekick," to use the colloquial term, who observes them and watches for psychological instability, sworn to report any lapses or crimes to the police. To these people, we would offer psychological and psychiatric training keep these people mentally stable. And of course, the heroes would participate in regular sessions with a professional psychiatrist as well."

"In an ideal world, heroes would be overseen by impartial government agents, however the government simply does not have enough agents to do this. Perhaps a better solution can be worked out in the future, but this is a good first step."
    Last edited by Nyrt; 2013-12-02 at 07:43 PM.
    Total War factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    TW: Broken City

Lord Founder needs no pants to face the beasts of the world, to descend into the darkest pits of the Earth and ascend above the divine clouds!
    TW: Cape City

TW: Supers!
    Image to come

TW: Dystopia
    Peoples Syndicalist Federation of China

Buy my music here

24. - Top - End - #264

Lazarus Technologies

To Mordecai Carter (E)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I myself am a trained geneticist, doctor, and surgeon, with some talent for high technology. I have founded my company with hopes of using my skills, and those of my employees, to do what I can to improve the city and the lives of its people. Due to my experiences, the initial products I intend to produce deal largely with medical or healthcare technologies, but with plans for upgrades into the civilian or military sectors.

In a longer timeframe, however, I hope to begin work with gene therapy and guided mutations, combined with cybernetic enhancements, for the sake of more capable police or military forces, or for better health and utility in those of the general populace. The martial aspect is largely because the world lost so many supers in the Y2K crisis, and things like that are only going to keep on happening... We have to be prepared to save the world from whatever is thrown at us, and we can't simply wait for more capes to come out of the woodwork.

Learning healing magicks or those that deal with transmutation may aid these experiments and developments by allowing me a more rapid adaption process by the subject's body, or to prevent donor rejection depending on how exactly I go about the process. In the short term, it helps me better understand the nature of a number of groups in the city that may prove interesting for possible future cooperative endeavors, as well as knowledge that could prove beneficial in dealing with small scale issues that I can help with here.

Lazarus Internal (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well... Could have been worse. Let's not interfere with government agencies that are trained and equipped to deal with apocalypse level events unless I'm prepared, shall we?

Hm. Still have 2 of each action left. Probably going to spend all of it on the Ouroboros. Or investigate Leyline, maybe. Not as important to me though.

(VIP Action spent) Develop Ouroboros. Basic life signs tracker with iPhone / PDA-like capabilities. Base line platform for future development, and revenue stream. Ideally requires no TP to use so any factions / populace can adapt it, but that will probably take more time to do. First try, just create the basics. I'll upgrade it at a later point if I need to. And higher level models will certainly take TP, but I want something for civilian use.
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2013-12-02 at 05:05 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265

Gilgamesh Internal [GM]

Spoiler
    Show
    Would dropping the bones off at teh Goblin Market cost an action? Because by my count, I have exactly 1 left and I want to save that one for the bloods.

Gilgamesh in the Rust Belt [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Hostages? First time I've heard of that. Could you tell me more?"

26. - Top - End - #266

Mordecai Carter

Super-PAC [E]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did some digging on the Children of Yig. Didn't find much, but there's a couple leads, and I've got some theories.

First, the theories. You know the cult is hunting down Lemurian artifacts. And the Lemurians were powerful enough to seal away a few ancient abominations and even tap their power. If you're worried about an apocalypse scenario, that's my first thought for the source - if the cult activates the wrong artifact and wakes up something that's been slumbering for millenia, humanity would have a big problem on their hands.

I did find out who might know more. You've heard of the Aequitas Rex? Bad dudes, they hunt anyone who uses magic - no surprise that the Children caught their attention. But there are two people on the cult's trail that may be more cooperative. One's Dervish - the immortal guy, been around since the crusades. Don't know why he's after them. The other is the Outsider, who generally fights for balance and stands against those who abuse magic. If he's working against this cult, odds are he has a good reason. I might be able to put you in touch with him - I've got to run an errand, but let me know if you're interested in pursuing that route.

[Several minutes later, you receive another email from Mordecai's address.]

Greetings. This is the one that calls itself Super-PAC, yes? My associate Mordecai Carter may be in need of your assistance, if you care to lend it. He journeys to the Barside Police Station to attempt to justify his sale of magical items.

You cited our business in your recent public statement, and you are known for defending superhuman rights. If one of your lawyers sees fit to attend Mordecai Carter's meeting with the law enforcement, it might sway their opinion. Mordecai Carter believes he can handle it himself, but I have heard that assurance many times. I leave the choice to you.

Eternal Darkness [E]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello, this is Mordecai Carter. Local wizard. I'm wondering if you might have some, uh, brothers available for a joint project. It's about the Preserve near your base of operations. You've heard about the wild things happening in there, and I'm sure you don't need any more rumors about you and your kin being behind all that spooky business. Well, I'm planning to head there shortly, and hopefully restore peace to the energies in the forest. But it could be dangerous. If you can protect me while I do my thing, I'll gladly let your Brotherhood claim credit for restoring the peace.

Golden Flock [E]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just saw the news. Somebody's been sacrificing animals? That isn't good, and what it implies is even worse.

Remember the locus that I mentioned was at the heart of the forest? I've learned its location, and if I can get to it and balance the mana flow in the Preserve, I think it'll stop whatever forces are disrupting the wilderness. But I've got a bad feeling about how many things are out there in the dark. What would you think about sending some of your friends to watch my back when I go out there?

EDIT:

Lazarus Technologies [E]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Interesting. That certainly sounds like it has potential. And here I thought you were trying to jump into the deep end of magic, just to see what's there - which isn't a good idea.

But for that cause? Well, I might be willing to help. Unfortunately, you won't find much in the [Magic 2 Database] that covers healing magic and the like - some, yes, but it's mostly ancient orders, exotic horrors, etcetera. There's a little practical stuff in there, but you have to know how to use it.

And luckily for you, you're talking to Icon City's resident wizard for hire. If you really want to dive into the benefits of magic in medical technology, I could take a look and see what I can do. Healing magic is on my to-do list anyway. Tell you what: let me get back to you next [turn], and I might have something that interests you.
    Last edited by Cognimancer; 2013-12-02 at 05:20 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Merlin
    Spoiler: Lazarus Tech
    Show
    If your resources are tied up I would be willing to send these files over in exchange for [5 currency each turn starting on turn 2].

Spoiler: Hardliners (PM)
    Show
    "I have no idea. My purpose was to protect people from the battle. Stopping the iron maiden was an afterthought. I can safely dispose of the shell, if you cannot. Otherwise you may take it."

Spoiler: MRB(e)
    Show
    I would be happy to assist. I am in the middle of several such exercises in point of fact.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Knight of Blades

Internal PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Contacting Friendly Fire, wanting to buy sniper rifle, a couple semi-automatic pistols, flashbangs, grenades, and a military grade body armor for Shortcut. How much would all that cost?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

29. - Top - End - #269

Gilgamesh in the Museum

Spoiler
    Show
    "I see. Do you know how I can contact the Masked Rider? He ran too quickly after this fight. Traditionally, after someone slays a dragon, thhey should have a drink together. Any of you coming along? First round's on me."

30. - Top - End - #270

Super-PAC

Mordecai Carter[e]
    Spoiler
    Show
    If the outsider's reputation is deserved, it's definitely a mark against the Children if he's after them. Will certainly try to get ahold of him. Still, we're going to try and keep an open mind. No sense going to war with these guys if their worst crime is a museum heist.

As for the meeting, do you happen to know what it's regarding? If it's about the Boomstick, probably best he just lets it go... still, in the interest of keeping the peace, maybe we should send a representative.

Barside Police Station[Mordecai, ICPD][PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    A couple of suits show up at the police station, and announce they're here to consult with Mordecai.

Internal[pm]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Can I contact the Outsider and/or Dervish?
    Does the CCP handle magical sales or just technological? Is there another, similar organization for magic?

I'll spend an action to send Lawyers down to talk with Mordecai in Barside.
    Last edited by bigstipidfighte; 2013-12-02 at 06:29 PM.