New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1166

Thread: The Gamer

1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    You'd think the map would show a map of the dungeon he's in, rather than the overworld outside of it.

Oh, well. There's probably a 'local map' feature for mapping dungeons.
    Having maps for the overworld is pretty standard. Since it looks like he accessed it from Class Prez's character sheet of course it would default to the map that shows her.

I assume he's got a different map for dungeon interiors.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

That was the strangest episode of Deal or no Deal I've ever seen.
    "The error is to be human"

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

New Chapter!

Mysterious Figure Attacks! It's...mildy effective?

Also why has he stopped having gnome out all the time? Seems like here with all of the other dolls gnome would be a good fit(even while he was wandering around inside of the labyrinth he never had her out as well. Seems strange).

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Bugbear in the Playground

Maybe the writer forgot she exists. Or I maybe because he has started to fly around and she can't. But yeah I expected him to summon her in preparation for a potentially serious fight.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Colossus in the Playground

Remembering what powers he has is not one of Jee Han's powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Wait, could that possibly be intentional? This is like the 5th time he has an unused power or item that would help. I'm always doing things the hard way in video games because I forgot about some power or item I had. If that turns out to be an intrinsic downside to the gamer powers, that would be amazing.
    "The error is to be human"

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrinar View Post
    Maybe the writer forgot she exists. Or I maybe because he has started to fly around and she can't. But yeah I expected him to summon her in preparation for a potentially serious fight.
    I'm thinking it's more "author is waiting for the right time to reveal's Nome's new form when Jee-Han gets the skill to 100" thing myself, but "writer has a brain-fart" is also a strong possibility.
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmerged View Post
    I'm thinking it's more "author is waiting for the right time to reveal's Nome's new form when Jee-Han gets the skill to 100" thing myself, but "writer has a brain-fart" is also a strong possibility.
    What, you mean not telling us everything there is to know about Jee-Han's abilities as soon as they appear? That would be a serious step forward for this comic. I would applaud.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

I *try* to give people the benefit of the doubt, honest I do
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually that's a pretty common error in a LOT of players of MMOs with excessive amounts of different skills. When I was a raid leader in World of Warcraft you would literally not believe how many people did not know their class had certain skills simply because they had never used them while leveling and forgot about them, despite the fact that they could sometimes be useful (a lot of people legitimately didn't know you could use downranked skills as well).

I mean when you start getting literally dozens of different skills, you stick to a lot of the most powerful and just stop using very niche ones.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-01-14 at 07:03 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

11. - Top - End - #1061

Ah there is Gnome. And a Golem army.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

Man, I've been waiting until Jee-han's ability to know people's names would actually come up in dialogue. Really, Inspect might be his most unique ability. I doubt anyone else can gather that much information on someone at a glance.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

It's kind of amusing watching this cocky guy see how completely broken the Gamer ability is. I guess this means the information available on him is kind of lacking(they kind of know what his ability is but haven't grasped entirely what it is? Since he seems to be trying to pigeon hole him into a single ability and is constantly surprised whenever he pulls out something new).

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    Man, I've been waiting until Jee-han's ability to know people's names would actually come up in dialogue. Really, Inspect might be his most unique ability. I doubt anyone else can gather that much information on someone at a glance.
    Yeah, it's kind of funny seeing this guy assume that "he knows my name" implies some amount of advance knowledge and research.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoa View Post
    It's kind of amusing watching this cocky guy see how completely broken the Gamer ability is. I guess this means the information available on him is kind of lacking(they kind of know what his ability is but haven't grasped entirely what it is? Since he seems to be trying to pigeon hole him into a single ability and is constantly surprised whenever he pulls out something new).
    "The Gamer" is a fantastically general and versatile ability, there's probably very little precedent for anyone having that much flexibility. Also Jee-Han is still an up-and-coming power, just recently moved out of trash tier, and most information sources on his abilities are either his friends or dead. Outside of the people he's directly told about how his ability works, I don't think anyone has more than a very vague idea and maybe a small snippet or two about it.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Titan in the Playground

Thinking about it just inspect in itself seems like a stupidly broken ability, allowing him to at a glance breach just about any attempt at disguise or going undercover.

Just imagine the possibilities it offers for counter espionage? Spending 5 years at some secret place, slowly working your way up in the grades, only for some guy to wander though the hallway and see the title "double agent" over your head?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

16. - Top - End - #1066

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Just imagine the possibilities it offers for counter espionage? Spending 5 years at some secret place, slowly working your way up in the grades, only for some guy to wander though the hallway and see the title "double agent" over your head?
    I'm sure it's possible to disguise such things, but probably only with some really rare and obscure techniques.

That idea sounds hilarious as a story hook, btw. I'm imagining every character going "wait, he was busted how!?"
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Thinking about it just inspect in itself seems like a stupidly broken ability, allowing him to at a glance breach just about any attempt at disguise or going undercover.

There's probably some sort of magical cloaking that lets you hide your true abilities or replace them with something innocent-seeming (something happened with his mother, remember.) I'd imagine a really high-quality magical disguise would fool magical inspection like his, say.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    There's probably some sort of magical cloaking that lets you hide your true abilities or replace them with something innocent-seeming (something happened with his mother, remember.) I'd imagine a really high-quality magical disguise would fool magical inspection like his, say.
    We've already seen a number of individuals that automatically block some measure of his inspect ability simply by being that much more powerful. Something like 5 different characters have showed up as ???.

Also, the mother blatantly messed with his power by going ???? then level to like 15 (if I recall correctly), then back to ??? again without giving any indication as to why. I personally favor some kind of clone/golem that replaced her so she could go off doing stuff and Jee-Han wouldn't notice, but it could also have been some kind of power-masking ability, meaning her actual power didn't change but she LOOKED like she was level 15 (and if somebody actually tried to fight her they'd find out real quick they were wrong )

On the more recent chapter front, it looks like Jee-Han is putting the smackdown on this guy without a lot of difficulty. Although I have to believe that SOMEBODY else is going to notice him getting his ass kicked and come to help him. I mean this guy can't be acting alone with his level of relative power.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-01-28 at 11:17 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Titan in the Playground

We've already seen a number of individuals that automatically block some measure of his inspect ability simply by being that much more powerful. Something like 5 different characters have showed up as ???.
    Though for those he still got their name, and the information that this most likely isnt the real janitor :P

And gahh.. so far i think the flow of combat were rather dumb.. just putting a lot of points in int.. suddenly getting a massive power boost, big enough to fly up and fight his opponent head on? really..

Had he baited his opponent into a whack-a-mole game and then done a sneak attack from behind, then i would have had a lot more respect for the outcome of this fight.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

20. - Top - End - #1070

If he wins this with a head to head fight by spamming attack magic I will be quite disappointed. Also still no Wisdom!

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ettin in the Playground

If I had to guess it was something like last time where the guy isn't worried at all. After all this is liquid metal it is not like the hole means anything presuming it is a liquid. I imagine that this guy loses by mana loss. He has already pointed out mana earlier in the battle suggesting he is limited by it and he has shown to be impatient and quick to pull out the big guns. Seems to suggest that mana will be a problem.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1072

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    I personally favor some kind of clone/golem that replaced her so she could go off doing stuff and Jee-Han wouldn't notice, but it could also have been some kind of power-masking ability, meaning her actual power didn't change but she LOOKED like she was level 15 (and if somebody actually tried to fight her they'd find out real quick they were wrong )
    It could very well be the reverse - Jee Han's mom needs to upkeep some kind of ritual or tap into an energy source to maintain her heightened level of power, and due to some circumstances (for instance, she had to fight someone really strong and used up a lot of that energy) she was unable to renew the boost until some time later.

Granted, the impostor explanation is simpler.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

23. - Top - End - #1073

It could very well be the reverse - Jee Han's mom needs to upkeep some kind of ritual or tap into an energy source to maintain her heightened level of power, and due to some circumstances (for instance, she had to fight someone really strong and used up a lot of that energy) she was unable to renew the boost until some time later.

Granted, the impostor explanation is simpler.
    Do you really see someone like that having a title of "Legendary Housewife"? I think that's what it was, anyway. That seems the sort of special purpose title that a special purpose impostor (made or recruited to play the role of a housewife) might have, not what someone really powerful might be called.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    Do you really see someone like that having a title of "Legendary Housewife"? I think that's what it was, anyway. That seems the sort of special purpose title that a special purpose impostor (made or recruited to play the role of a housewife) might have, not what someone really powerful might be called.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1075

Hm. What is Jee Han planning? He does seem to be the type to split focus between his attacks and some kind of behind the scenes plan, thanks to the Gamer's Mind.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Titan in the Playground

Jee-Han really is horribly overpowered despite how much people tell him he's not powerful enough yet.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ettin in the Playground

It would be amusing if that last was a possession-type attack. Not likely, though.

Also, the translator stopped calling Jee-Han's master 'Master Loli'. That's probably a good thing, though I appreciated the, ah, bluntness of the old name.
    Last edited by Lethologica; 2016-02-08 at 01:20 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1078

An update three days after the previous one, and what an update it is.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm kind of confused about why Jee Han survived the puppet attack. I'm guessing he just tanked it with massive HP and "gamer body" that doesn't feel pain, then used a close-range spell to paralyze his foe.

And the ending. Could they be illusions?
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

29. - Top - End - #1079

An update three days after the previous one, and what an update it is.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm kind of confused about why Jee Han survived the puppet attack. I'm guessing he just tanked it with massive HP and "gamer body" that doesn't feel pain, then used a close-range spell to paralyze his foe.

And the ending. Could they be illusions?
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP, gamer body, and possibly MP with the take-MP-instead-of-HP-damage spell (Mana Protection?) that was mentioned a while back. He's got tons of mana and mana regen, he can afford some major hits to his mana.

The really funny thing is that I think he actually used Fool's Act from way back in Chapter 22 here.

As for the ending, my guess is that Chunbumoon was independently investigating this place, just got here, didn't see Jee-Han's battle because they were inside, and now to them it looks suspiciously like Jee-Han's the bad guy and he's bringing this unconscious person (who they don't know who it is) to join the pile of victims.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP, gamer body, and possibly MP with the take-MP-instead-of-HP-damage spell (Mana Protection?) that was mentioned a while back. He's got tons of mana and mana regen, he can afford some major hits to his mana.

The really funny thing is that I think he actually used Fool's Act from way back in Chapter 22 here.

As for the ending, my guess is that Chunbumoon was independently investigating this place, just got here, didn't see Jee-Han's battle because they were inside, and now to them it looks suspiciously like Jee-Han's the bad guy and he's bringing this unconscious person (who they don't know who it is) to join the pile of victims.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I doubt that ending, mostly cause the gamer's friend knew about the fight before it started. I think it's more of 'if you start judging people, you'll cross a line you really don't want to cross'.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.