Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gamer

1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    Spoiler: Raw
    Show
    So, he wanders into an illusion barrier. A bunch of messages. Then he discovers a super cool menu. And he USES IT! Then he finds an apperently dead girl.

After using all the stuff the zombies dropped, probably some new discoveries and lots of healing he gets the girl back on her feat. They talk. Black Summoner appears and poofs away with the girl.

Prediction: He resurrected a dead girl. Completing the Black Summoner's goal.
    ME WANT TRANSLATION, RAWS SUPER COOL
    My friend that reads moderate Korean tells me that

Spoiler
    Show
    The menu that appeared was him turning off automatic entry into illusion barriers.

As in now, it should display a message for him, something to the effect of, "Do you wish to enter ILLUSION BARRIER ZOMBIE X".

Also, the girl wasn't dead, but allegedly she has like... a disease/sickness/condition? he wasn't too clear on that, but apparently she has to be healed regularly or she dies.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Translation is up http://www.batoto.net/read/_/224713/...4_by_bap-scans

Spoiler
    Show
    So, my friend was right, she did have a sickness that drains her life force.

Interesting that she is allegedly Black Summoner's daughter.

Right now I'm thinking that she's his 'daughter' in the sense that he created her - which is probably what he's doing with all the zombie souls.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    My guess is he's going to be using all the souls to cure her somehow. The options menu was hilarious. Hope he won't be home too late to fulfill his mother's quest.
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Firbolg in the Playground

He should have tried changing some of the video options... In his place, I'd have been absurdly curious about it. Like, can you get microscopic vision by increasing the world's resolution?
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    He should have tried changing some of the video options... In his place, I'd have been absurdly curious about it. Like, can you get microscopic vision by increasing the world's resolution?
    I had been wondering about a color-blind mode myself, though I expect it might turn out slightly differently...

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

i wonder if he have an options menu
    My Class is Artificer ... "I see the secret patterns of magic, and through the items I carry, I can use that magic to protect you, heal you... or make you explode."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm thinking he'll eventually look for the Difficulty setting.

Actually, the presence or absence of that will be an interesting signifier of whether he's merely a character, like he suspects, or the character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

What I'm amazed by is that the Black Summoner and his daughter immediately understood the situation rather than leaping to a hilariously wrong conclusion the way these things usually go. I guess her 79 int isn't just for show.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah and usually I find I annoying rather than funny.
    Indeed I want to see the content of these tabs, I didn't expect him to have a video options menu.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Translation is up http://www.batoto.net/read/_/224713/...4_by_bap-scans

Spoiler
    Show
    So, my friend was right, she did have a sickness that drains her life force.

Interesting that she is allegedly Black Summoner's daughter.

Right now I'm thinking that she's his 'daughter' in the sense that he created her - which is probably what he's doing with all the zombie souls.
    Spoiler: response
    Show
    Well, he might have been using the souls to cure her. Sort of like the Gamer used them to heal her.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Well.. this actually explains just about everything that had happened so far, BS had a sick daugther, and were were apperently working to cure or at least keep her alive.
    It explains both what purpose he had that was more important than his own life, and also why he were apperently not a bad guy.

Im pretty sure she is his real flesh and blood daugther, else The Gamers inspect ability should have picked something up.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Well.. this actually explains just about everything that had happened so far, BS had a sick daugther, and were were apperently working to cure or at least keep her alive.
    It explains both what purpose he had that was more important than his own life, and also why he were apperently not a bad guy.

Im pretty sure she is his real flesh and blood daugther, else The Gamers inspect ability should have picked something up.
    It did actually - in a negative sense. By that, I mean that his ability indicated absolutely nothing about her being Black Summoner's daughter, other than her name, which is just a name, especially in Korea where there are significantly less family names in use than a country like the US.

Not only that, four things about her are extremely abnormal:

1) Her class is 'Black Demon's Invader' (hardly the kind of class a sick kid should have, and one that sets off major alarm bells).

2) Her title is 'Escapee from Death'

3) Her attributes are Darkness and Demonic

4) Her Int, Wis and Luk are ABNORMALLY high for a level 12. She has a total aggregate stat value of 212 - FAR higher than Jee-Han, who at level 16 only had a total of 113 stat points. That number of points is comparable to Sun-Il at level 29, who had aggregate stat points of 241. In other words, purely by stats, she should have a level in the mid-20's.

She's definitely not everything she seems. The only other thing that I can think of, given her title, is that she actually DIED, and Black Summoner raised her from the dead - but brought her back wrong.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2014-02-16 at 02:54 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

1) Her class is 'Black Demon's Invader' (hardly the kind of class a sick kid should have, and one that sets off major alarm bells).
    Mistranslation maybe? How much English is in the raws?

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

It did actually - in a negative sense. By that, I mean that his ability indicated absolutely nothing about her being Black Summoner's daughter, other than her name, which is just a name, especially in Korea where there are significantly less family names in use than a country like the US.
    I disagree, we have not seen Inspect reveal anyone elses family relation, so i can not see any reason for why it should have revealed her as BS's daughter. And when she shares name with BS who says she is his daughter then i do belive thats the most simple and likely explanation.

Well.. just that she is in a illusion barrier indicates that she is an ability user, so why should she be normal

as for 1-4, then those points were directly explained in her background, she is invaded by the darkness and demon atribute, that continiously drains her health.
    Her high attribues are likely a result of passive bonuses from that.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

15. - Top - End - #135

Class name is explained by her "innate curse", "Black Demon's Invasion". (Might be a mistranslation here. I guess the idea was that of possession. I cannot read Korean at all, but I'd guess that "Black Demon's Possessed" would have been a better translation than Invader.)

Titles are acquired. She has a condition that drains her lifeforce constantly, but she has survived so far.

The attributes explain the rest, they are the cause of both the class, the status effects, and the title.

Note that the "Observe" text says her race is "human" and that her background mentions having been afflicted this way "from birth".

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

4) Her Int, Wis and Luk are ABNORMALLY high for a level 12. She has a total aggregate stat value of 212 - FAR higher than Jee-Han, who at level 16 only had a total of 113 stat points. That number of points is comparable to Sun-Il at level 29, who had aggregate stat points of 241. In other words, purely by stats, she should have a level in the mid-20's.

She's definitely not everything she seems. The only other thing that I can think of, given her title, is that she actually DIED, and Black Summoner raised her from the dead - but brought her back wrong.
    1) Probably some sort of mistranslation and/or different idioms. The got hit with a demon curse at birth (Black Demon Invasion) and her class reflects that.
    2) See needs infusions of life-force. She should be dead.
    3) Yeah, again see curse.
    4) She's the Black Summoner's daughter. And an ability user. She probably got her stats up from that. More to the point The Gamer is the only one who uses the Gamer Ability to acquire his power. Everyone else gets it the normal way. The Gamer is the weird one. Even if other people did follow the same rules (or The Gamer System is a model of their rules), he has a much higher fighting:training ratio compared to everyone else. People who get them by training will have grinded skills and abilities more than him by the time they reach the same level.

The curse explains 1-3, and being the Black Summoners daughter explains 4.
    Last edited by Lamech; 2014-02-16 at 10:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

A new New York IC OOC

17. - Top - End - #137
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Mistranslation maybe? How much English is in the raws?
    Well, it's literally accurate. The first part 흑마(黑魔)의 is literally black demon's. The second part 침습자 (侵襲者) is most likely an alternate or archaic word for invader, raider, you get the drift. Still, I got all that info by browsing online dictionaries so take with grain of salt, especially when it comes to comprehending hanja.
    Last edited by AgentofOdd; 2014-02-17 at 02:27 AM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AgentofOdd View Post
    Still, I got all that info by browsing online dictionaries so take with grain of salt, especially when it comes to comprehending hanja.
    Maybe the translator was smoking the ganja.... I'll see myself out now.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Halfling in the Playground

New girl was cursed by the Black Demon and her father is the Black Summoner. If anything I would say it's his fault his daughter was targeted and he's trying to fix it, which is why the Chunbumoon allowed him to continue when they talked it out.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lunar2 View Post
    he needs to get his low skills at least up to 10, to take advantage of that passive +10% bonus he's got. i just can't stand having bonuses i don't actually get any benefit from, even if they are to stats i don't have a lot of use for.
    Do keep in mind that in many MMOs and other games where you can accumulate percent bonuses, the calculations handled by the engine behind the game do use fractions.

I think that +1.5 he had in his Strength is superior to having just a +1, for instance.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

New raws are out.

Spoiler
    Show
    He's gotten quite a bit stronger due to his new skills. He can summon up to 5 of the Spinning Charged Arrows at once, and he takes out another Legion Zombie solo like it was nothing.

He also gets several new types of loot. From normal zombies, looks like hair and another tooth, and from the boss, he gets some more potions and money, but then instead of a skill book he gets what looks like a Large Soul Stone (probably going to use it to try to cure the girl, I assume).

This leads me to believe that the boss loot table is set as something like, "ALWAYS drops $400-$600, 4-6 potions, and 1 random item from Legion Zombie Loot Table".

The end of the chapter cuts to Black Summoner and his daughter talking in a hospital, I believe about how she suddenly got better, and Summoner obviously realizes why.

Sure bet that Summoner is going hunting for Jee-Han very shortly.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2014-02-20 at 10:07 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

22. - Top - End - #142

Make your bets:
    1. Black Summoner is attempting to cure his daughter from her condition, or
    2. Black Summoner is attempting to develop the condition in his daughter (even if he pretends the contrary) so as to summon the Black Demon and her having been partly healed is a setback in his nefarious plans!

I kind of hope it's not #2 because that would be quite a tired cliché.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Banned

Make your bets:
    2. Black Summoner is attempting to develop the condition in his daughter (even if he pretends the contrary) so as to summon the Black Demon and her having been partly healed is a setback in his nefarious plans!

Right, because "I'm doing it for the sick Woobie" isn't a chichéd motivation.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

Make your bets:

Crazy theory 3:

Jee-Han's mother is the Black Demon, and is infecting ability users at birth to take over the world.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Sure bet that Summoner is going hunting for Jee-Han very shortly.
    Spoiler: Raws
    Show
    Not just hunting... HEADHUNTING! Okay, that was a terrible pun. I'm reasonably certain he'll just ask him next time he shows up at school. And Jee-Han will say yes. In fact, I think Jee-Han is gonna try and find sick girl to use his new extra fancy soul stone on.

On that note, I wonder how far the time skip was? There was obviously somewhat of a skip, since he is no longer in Empty Barrier. Did he grind up his arrow skill too?

On the plus side, he can probably grind legion zombies if he is taking them ou this easy.
    Last edited by Lamech; 2014-02-20 at 01:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    Spoiler: Raws
    Show
    Not just hunting... HEADHUNTING! Okay, that was a terrible pun. I'm reasonably certain he'll just ask him next time he shows up at school. And Jee-Han will say yes. In fact, I think Jee-Han is gonna try and find sick girl to use his new extra fancy soul stone on.

On that note, I wonder how far the time skip was? There was obviously somewhat of a skip, since he is no longer in Empty Barrier. Did he grind up his arrow skill too?

On the plus side, he can probably grind legion zombies if he is taking them ou this easy.
    No time skip, that implies a large period of time has passed.

A day or two, probably.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

I forgot to mention several other things I liked about the last chapter:

The girl's reaction (and her father's) seemed realistic -- not like you usually see in these stories. On one hand there was no crazy/stupid misunderstanding like you usually see in these stories, but she also reacted the way you'd expect her to react on waking up near a strange guy -- she carefully composed herself and thanked him politely, but made sure that he knew that her father would have saved her anyway so he didn't save her life, rather than being immediately overwhelmed by ridiculous amounts of gratitude. It felt like how a real-world person would respond in that situation.

Also, she recognized who he was. That means that her father must keep her well-informed about the Abyss and any ability-users he encounters.
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2014-02-20 at 03:10 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    Right, because "I'm doing it for the sick Woobie" isn't a chichéd motivation.
    If taking care of your ailing child is cliché, then breathing is cliché too. It's natural.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

If taking care of your ailing child is cliché, then breathing is cliché too. It's natural.
    What he's referring to is people going to incredible Evil Villain lengths to take care of said child.

i.e. Going to the next town for medicine = normal taking care of sick child.

Building an altar and sacrificing 10 local virgins on it to summon a demon to cure sick child = cliche excuse.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

30. - Top - End - #150
    Banned

What he's referring to is people going to incredible Evil Villain lengths to take care of said child.

i.e. Going to the next town for medicine = normal taking care of sick child.

Building an altar and sacrificing 10 local virgins on it to summon a demon to cure sick child = cliche excuse.
    Yeah, basically this. It's a clichéd "look look he's still sympathetic" villain motive, not a clichéd motive.