New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Reincarnation IC.

"I vote one," Daniel groans. "One would be nice. Fewer would be nicer still."

Really? Dis is the host of my reincarnation?

See? Even Sanya flaming agrees with me about him. That never happens!

...Give our host the benefit of the doubt. I think he's earned it. For now

That's mighty ominous, brain voices. Are you planning to knock me off the side of the airship? Because that would be quite nice, really. And I would thank you not to insult my taste in jackets, Matrim bloody "I really wish these jackets had a bit of lace on them" Cauthon.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

"Boys." The female Reincarnate mutters, shaking her head

"I'd like someplace where I can get into the suns rays as soon as possible. Kara hasn't spent this long without powers since she left Krypton...Whatever that is.
    And I'd like to put forward the Reality of Infinite Hunks if only to counter the perverts that are my companions."
    Due to mental stuff in my head I find it hard to understand normal human behaviour.
    If I do something wrong PM me what is wrong. And do not be subtle, I need a kick in the pants sometimes to realize Im a jerk.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Ugh, all of these voices talking at once are giving my now immortal mind a head ache. . . could everyone just get this over with and stop talking." Jake said, annoyed. "Otherwise I do believe my head will explode, and none of you will like to see that, unless, of course you are all sadists." Jake quipped.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

"I am! Ooh I get control now, excellent." A very smoky burn added to the undertone of Erin's talking as the Princess of Fire piggybacks one of the other two Telepaths
    Looking down at herself critically "Well, could be worse."
    Due to mental stuff in my head I find it hard to understand normal human behaviour.
    If I do something wrong PM me what is wrong. And do not be subtle, I need a kick in the pants sometimes to realize Im a jerk.

5. - Top - End - #65

Zach grins at Jake. "Proper term for me is sociopath. But no, your head exploding would get blood on my jacket. Which is a bad thing."

"And as for realities...? Anywhere, I guess. Preferably one where I can reacquire some of my reincarnations' equipment. There are some pretty powerful things to be had..."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

Travis steadily stands up and returns to the rest of the group. He remains silent.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Having gotten a respectable idea of who and what Erin is, Rob drags his Sight away for a second.
    Someone want to shield our thoughts, in case one of the others is a psyker?
    Already on it. I've developed a bit of a talent for it.
    Good. This first one seems untrustworthy, and I don't want someone like him hearing our thoughts. Remind me to throw him off a cliff when I get the chance. Let's just hope they aren't all this bad. Let's see, who's next... Rob turns his Sight on James.
    Is that...
    I think so. Damn.
    Hold on a sec. Something's up. He doesn't seem to recognise me. Perhaps he remembers something. Let's see how this one plays out.
    Last edited by Sen isSaqqara; 2013-11-29 at 02:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Ok, Chorus, not good idea. Let's see...

Thinking quickly, he slipped just one tiny sheet of reality away... and that's was enough. No other voices at the edge of the mind.

"Jake, you were the one screeing earlier... well, that should be enough for me, for the other i don't know. But Peripheria is out for isolation now."
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

9. - Top - End - #69

Finally having forced his gorge down, Daniel turns unsteadily and takes a few halting steps towards the group. "Gear, yeah, gear is good," he breathes. Pausing for a few seconds with his head cocked up to one side, he continues, "Um, I think the voices in my head are telling me to ask who the rest of you are. So, uh, yeah. Who are you lot? And, uh, do the rest of you have voices in your head like me?"

Now he gets around to asking it.

I would ask that you refrain from insulting our master any more than is necessary Sir Cauthon.

Ah, the great Darmud finally deigns us with his presence.

It is pronounced De-ar-moo-eed. Again, Sir Cauthon, though you might have earned your titles by what you did in life, you are not acting like a true night in death.

Vould you two just shut oop. So, master, I take it dat you recognize at least one of us?

Uh, I recognize Mat's way of talking, and I think I recognize Revan from a game I've played, you couldn't be anyone but Sanya, but I don't recognize the one that sounds like he talks in red.

My name is Diarmuid! Lover of Gráinne, wielder of Gáe Derg and Gáe Buidhe, slayer of the boar of Benn Gulbain! And I am not yet sure if I am glad to be serving under one such as yourself.

Oh, right, you. You were awesome in Fate/Zero.
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2013-11-29 at 01:31 PM.
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

'No, this part of my mind is all quiet. What about you Jean?
    Nope no voices here. Maybe your just strange. Have you been getting enough sleep?'
    The sightly echo-y telepathic message hitting everyone in the room not actively fighting it

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"What?" Apocalypse said. "I'd recognize that voice anywhere. Is that you, my little red and yellow bird?" Apocalypse asked Jean rhetorically in an odd, supervillainesque tone. Jake felt like putting his hand over his mouth, but he knew that wouldn't do anything productive. He kind of just had no opportunity to prevent Apocalypse from doing anything he wanted. He was the major telepath of his little Club of Evil that now lived inside his mind.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

"What? Yellow and..."
    A tendril of powerful mental power extends into Jacob's head, doing the mental equivalent of a tackle away from the other 4 and tearing through mental shields, leaving him frozen, at the very least temporarily. Her avatar in their mindscape glaring, the image of a Phoenix rising above her eyes aglow

"APOCALYPSE! You're that mass-murdering egyptian Nur. How in God's name did you think you can just get away with walking in here like nothing is wrong. You KILLED people, tried to start Wars and you think you can get away with that??"
    Stalking forward, Jean's phoenix abilities mixing and stealing parts of Azula's bending, throwing sparks around her

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Jacobpocalypse
    "Ms, or is it Mrs. . . ? Jean Grey, please ignore the mass murderer currently using my body as a speaking vessel. The voices you hear are coming from his mind, not mine."Apocalypse sneered at Jacob's statement. In Apocalyps'es eyes, Jake was weak and unfit, he only deserved to survive and have prosperity and comfort now because his past lives were comparatively far superior in strength and everything else he considered important.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Grabbing the projected emotions and crushing them before Jacob feels them.

"Mrs Jean Summers nee Gray.
    And you share the same soul. You ARE him, just given the Cure and a new name. And the Cure just reverted. So tell me right now why I shouldn't render you catatonic and end your villainy this second."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Dear woman, I'm a kind, compassionate person, or at least, I never murdered or did lasting bodily harm to anyone. I never hurt or fought against the X-Men, never ruled the world, never kicked puppies down the stairs or anything like Apocalypse has ever done. I was born as a plump, innocent little baby and grew up to become a plump, almost innocent man." Apocalypse laughed in derision. "He's not lying. "

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmph by that logic I've never fought Apocalypse. As far as I'm concerned your simply yet another time he has cheated Death. But fine, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt this one time. But a single kicked puppy and your brain leaks out your ears."
    Backing out of the mindscape, letting Apocalypse, a powerful Telepath Jean wouldnt have been able to so easily incapacitate if he wasnt surprised, recover from her stasis

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Jake wondered what would happen if both this new woman and he fought and killed each other, that wouldn't be good. It probably wouldn't be good for this current situation that the old man wanted them to be in."So um, what about you, Ms, your current identity, what is it now?"

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

"Me, Myself and I. Well and We and Us but we try not to talk about them much...Terribly annoying gigglers you see."
    The inflection changing, Jean retreating back into the mindscape

"I'm responsible for my past and future deeds and it is shared among us. Combined we fight, a team of Me."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Well if we're supposed to cooperate with each other it won't make sense if we, you or I decide to kill the other. Please keep that in mind, and also, I"m not an ordinary person anymore, I don't know if I can hold back my evil selves from over riding my control"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

"You realize that if all your previous lives were Evil...What makes you different? Assuming I buy the premise of different life different everything."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

"you know what? Screw it," the old man suddenly says. " I'm gonna give you the whole shabang. Mortal vision, of course. If you ask me, you Namers are a lot more trouble then your worth. I don't know why the other powers are so fascinated with you. Right. Unless one of you has some pressing need, I'm taking us out of this reality stretch."
    Washed up Gm in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenChord View Post
    This seems like a level of crazy-talk only you could accomplish.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mick View Post
    ... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.
    avatar by the marvelous asdflove

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"I'm heavily religious, and have found that faith in my God has made all the difference in the world. I don't think that Lavos, who is more feral and kind of like an animal with Humanoid intelligence is really evil, but if he was, then he had no Church to go to, no one to instruct him in what to do, and kind of lived millions of years in the past. As for Orochi, he's quite an interesting fellow, I can't tell much about him, but apparently, even if he stayed evil until his final destruction, I was made a new person in another life, which brings me to Shao Kahn. Shao Kahn definitely didn't have a Church to attend, or someone to tell him either, since he lived in an entirely different universe and finally Apocalypse, went bitter and mad with rage, and had nothing like my beliefs, since they were almost totally unavailable for thousands of years, since he lived in ancient Egypt."

"Of course I believe that none of us had an excuse for our actions, but if we're all the same person, then I am confident that I was made this way for a reason. What ever that reason is I don't precisely know."

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

"Urk. You did not just...Lavos I'll give you but Shao Kahn was not only in sometimes direct contact with Deities and followed their rules in setting up the mortal combat tournaments but was directly influenced by his universe's One Being, essentially God.
    Apocalypse grew up in Egypt, Which while a pantheonic religion as opposed to your monotheistic one, wasn't any more or less inclined towards Good and Evil. Assuming that religion, especially the one you likely believe in given accent and ethnicity, can change a soul from Evil in all known cases of sapience to Good and Innocent is pure folly."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Yes, well the older gentleman that brought us here has arrived, I don't know if we should continue this discussion and ignore him." Jake turned to the older gentleman. "Sir, what are you talking about, please inform us what you are talking about, in modern English please, with the normal nomenclature."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

"I. Am. Taking. Us. Out. Of. This. Crafted. Reality."
    The old man drawls.
    "that slow enough for you? Now, hold on to whatever portion of your body you deem most necessary to your existence, because, I assure you, I am not in a mood to talk to Namers right now. You do know at least the name of your race? Good."

He takes the needle out of his pocket, and then pauses, looking embarresed.
    "errrr... I don't suppose one of you can take this reality(he points at the ships floor) off my hands? I'm afraid I haven't been following physics quite as well as I could have been, and I really don't need another infraction on may list. Matter is not to cease to exist and all that."
    He looks around pleadingly.
    "Please? It's not that hard to take care of, just a bit of extra strain, and I really don't care what you do with it afterwards. So what d'ya say? Do an old man a favor?"

... I've played a few games with D20ragon as GM in the past, and I have to vouch for his skill - he's an excellent writer, his world-building is top-notch ... and his games are, while sometimes too ambitious, some of the most fun to be had on these boards.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

"Can I get the metaphysical equations down to a 4th dimensional level of simplicity? If so I'll take it. I'm familiar with changing dimensions up to 3 in an enclosed space using Magic, though I know there will be a lot of differences."
    The witch brought to the fore again by the lure of potential knowledge about this new world opening up (also deja vu from her preteens)

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh sure! Do whatever you want with the dimensions. I find around 7 or so to be comfortable. You may want to leave some areas in seperate dimensions, just to ease travel. Also, if it's wanted, I could bend some rules, give ownership to all of you to ease the strain, because, to be honest, I'm not sure how much strain Namers are supposed to take. Just so long as I'm free of this mess, I can set it up however."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"I had in my mind, a large island, filled with the best water, and plenty of room to shelter all of us. The water would be far superior in purity and life giving qualities and nutrients than all the water on Earth combined."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

"Why not transfer ownership a little at a time, until it's too much for me, then if anyone wants a share they can speak up"

OOC: I asked for the blueprints in maximum 4 dimensions, mostly because Hermione is human and it would be easiest to read. Multiple higher dimensions is fine.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

He glances at Jacob.
    "there's probably a island somewhere in here, and definitely on one of the planets."
    I can keep the layout like a ship, for ease of use, and you'll find a map in the center. As for who owns it, I'll just leave the key next to the map. That all settled? Good. Now, I'm taking us out."
    And he slashes the fabric of reality with the needle.

As the ship unravels, you do as well. It is not painful, but rather, deeply confusing, as you mix and join, and seperate from the others on the ship. Only the old man seems unaffected, drifting serenely on the strands of reality. Seemingly of its own will, the ship weaves itself back together drifting at the at the top of a well mouth that seems of undefinable size.

It stretches down forever and a day. Above your head, a bucket, shifting in size, shape and form drifts downwards. At the bottom of the well lies the sky,it seems. Endless stars, worlds, and universes drifting in a sea of inky black.

The old man clears his throat, looking absurdly proud.
    "This," he decrees "is the Well of the Worlds."
    Last edited by D20ragon; 2013-11-29 at 03:54 PM.