New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS 10th Anniversary Calendar, 2014 Holiday Ornaments, and new T-Shirts

So if I do not have a shipment confirmation/tracking number email I should start to panic?

I received only 3 emails containing information about my order:
    • The order confirmation containing the order number [received as I ordered the calender]
    • The payment confirmation [received as I ordered the calender]
    • The mail about the calendar status, containing a link to the late card.

None of these contain any tracking information.

(Technically there is an Ookoodook newsletter the day before I ordered the calendar and a "forgot password" mail for my ookoodook Account - which doesn't add any useful information whether it is sent or not.)

I have checked my Spam folder and I did receive shipment notifications from Ookoodook in the past - so my question: Do I really should start to panic now?!? [And if so, am I correct that while I didn't expect to get it this year, that my calendar will not ship before Jan 6? /]

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: OOTS 10th Anniversary Calendar, 2014 Holiday Ornaments, and new T-Shirts

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSt View Post
    I have checked my Spam folder and I did receive shipment notifications from Ookoodook in the past - so my question: Do I really should start to panic now?!?
    I wouldn't panic yet. But if you want to contact Ookoodook and ask, it's probably not a terrible idea. I think it's more likely that your email got lost than your package didn't go out, though.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

3. - Top - End - #273
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Hey Giant, just so you know, I love every scene in the calendar and would buy one every year for as long as you can keep pumping out the artwork. You completely surpassed my expectations.
    "Be brave Tula and one day you too will be free!"
    -cledfb

4. - Top - End - #274
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Just got mine today as well!

My favorites:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Miko v. Belkar. The art was superb!
    • Darth V v. the Dragon. Great art, but more importantly, Sabine made me laugh out loud
    • Durkon getting tossed out. Not for the art, but for a certain paladin's surprise reappearance. Elan's improving!

5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground

I wouldn't panic about tracking numbers. I didn't get one, but my calendar still arrived today. It was a pleasant surprise, considering it showed up unannounced.

6. - Top - End - #276

IT IS HEEEEEEERE!

So pleased with it, best Christmas present. And, since I like it so much, perhaps for once I shall actually USE a calendar successfully for more than a week...

(Also have Tarquin vs Julio shirt and Belkar & Bloodfeast/Pistachios shirt--my older OOTS shirts are a bit worn out.)
    I think I just failed a Spot check.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Yes! My calendar has arrived! Comments to follow!

8. - Top - End - #278
    Halfling in the Playground

Mine arrived today too without shipping notice. It's great, but has the stained glass effect killed two computers now?

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Just got the calendar, Snips Snails & Dragon Tales, and Dungeon Crawling Fools. What a Christmas present!

The calendar art is just stunning. Giant really outdid himself here. And I like the title of the new book.
    I am: Neutral Good: -2 chaos, -21 evil and 15 balance!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Kommander View Post
    Heartless? Those flaming letters spelled ELAN! How many sons can honestly say their father has murdered dozens of human beings just to show how much they care?

Tarquin's fatherly love is truly unique... or at least I hope it is!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    First, I'm impressed that this topic went so far off topic that it ended up back at The Order of the Stick.
    Can't find the strip you're looking for? Head on over to OOTS Strip Summaries!

10. - Top - End - #280
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Got mine yesterday, and I gave the art some time to settle in before I posted. It's beautiful. The stained glass and the HD screen in particular are really impressive.

Spoiler
    Show
    Are posts about the title of Book 5 being scrubbed? I assumed the forums would be exploding with that little nugget of info...

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lossoth View Post
    Are posts about the title of Book 5 being scrubbed? I assumed the forums would be exploding with that little nugget of info...
    Check out the end of this thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277004

Last edited by Porthos; 2013-12-29 at 01:26 PM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

12. - Top - End - #282

Quote Originally Posted by Lossoth View Post
    Got mine yesterday, and I gave the art some time to settle in before I posted. It's beautiful. The stained glass and the HD screen in particular are really impressive.

Spoiler
    Show
    They aren't being scrubbed. Discussion was taken over to the "Speaking of the next book" thread.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralCheez View Post
    I wouldn't panic about tracking numbers. I didn't get one, but my calendar still arrived today. It was a pleasant surprise, considering it showed up unannounced.
    If my shipping turnaround would be a few days I wouldn't do anything either. But since I'm a international consumer shipping can take a while. So I probably would need to wait at least a month to make sure that my order is still at Ook - and only then contacting Ook.

Since that adds just a possibly month of waiting for my already late calendar (I really don't think it will arrive this year - if it does call me surprised/shocked) which can easily prevented, I contacted Ook (and I already did receive the answer that it is on my way and received a tracking number for it).

So yeah, no need to panic - at least for me.

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

14. - Top - End - #284

RedKnightGirl

Calendar arrived at my house yesterday (or maybe Friday, I don't remember now).

The artwork is beautiful. I love the stain-glass duel from Paladin Blues.
    The duel between V and the ABD is also really cool to look at. I like the shading on the fiends' hoods.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateGuy

I just LOVE how after December, you get a page showing the original strip pieces from which the calendar artwork was drawn. ...including the extra note about the stained glass panel.

Now, I only hope we don't have to wait for other big anniversary dates to get the next calendar.

16. - Top - End - #286

Found mine when I came home for lunch. Small crease where the postal guy tried to fold it to force it into the basket (running right through the 'Do Not Bend' sticker, for those who collect Irony Points), but nothing bad compared to what my nephew will do to it the next time he's over.

And yes, I already reported the postal guy. Again.

17. - Top - End - #287

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Found mine when I came home for lunch. Small crease where the postal guy tried to fold it to force it into the basket (running right through the 'Do Not Bend' sticker, for those who collect Irony Points), but nothing bad compared to what my nephew will do to it the next time he's over.
    If you own your own house, you might want to consider simply upgrading to a larger mailbox. Even if you rent, if you have a stand alone mailbox (as opposed to one of those big multi-unit ones) you still might want to convince your landlord to upgrade if you foot some of the cost. It's not a lot of money for the piece of mind you'll be getting.
    Last edited by NerdyKris; 2013-12-31 at 01:33 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288

Just wanted to mention before I'm out for the night that thanks to the sales from the calendar (and ornaments) I was able to just donate a little more than $3000 to Phillippines typhoon relief efforts, split among three different charities on the ground there—Doctors Without Borders, Plan International, and Reach Out Worldwide. Thanks, everyone.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

19. - Top - End - #289

MindFlayer

Just wanted to mention before I'm out for the night that thanks to the sales from the calendar (and ornaments) I was able to just donate a little more than $3000 to Phillippines typhoon relief efforts, split among three different charities on the ground there—Doctors Without Borders, Plan International, and Reach Out Worldwide. Thanks, everyone.
    Wow! That's amazing. Happy New Year, Rich!

20. - Top - End - #290
    Dwarf in the Playground

I just wanted to ask if anybody else from Europe hasn't received their CafePress package yet? Mine's not here yet and I'm getting twitchy. Especially as the DHL tracking tool hasn't been updated since Dec 19 and they are actually shipping it from the United States instead of, idk, Poland or the Czech Republic (which is madness, I'm very afraid the ornaments won't survive ).

I placed the order on Dec 8, the shipping notice didn't arrive until Dec 14, and the estimated time frame for arrival was Dec 23 to Dec 27 (I know that was highly unrealistic, given the holidays, but I'm slowly starting to freak out). So… anybody else with similar experiences?

(I'm also a tiny bit worried about the calendars, but not because they haven't shown up yet, since I know when they were shipped and that it might take a while for them to get here. I'm worried because our new (fill-in?) postperson is worse than the old one. Apparently, that was possible after all. )

On a more cheerful note: Happy New Year, everybody!

21. - Top - End - #291

It's like getting twelve strips at once!

P.S. I heartily approve of the cover-silhouette for Book Five.
    Last edited by RabidEel; 2014-01-02 at 09:46 AM.

22. - Top - End - #292

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by RabidEel View Post
    It's like getting twelve strips at once!

P.S. I heartily approve of the cover-silhouette for Book Five.
    Fixed that for you. Let's finish speculating on book 5 before we get to Book 6 shall we?

Also, hooray for charity!

23. - Top - End - #293

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Nappa View Post
    Fixed that for you. Let's finish speculating on book 5 before we get to Book 6 shall we?

Also, hooray for charity!
    Okay, so I count worse than Elan.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Dwarf in the Playground

In spite of the snowstorm I made it to the office and my calendar was waiting for me in good condition I've resisted looking through it so far, I think it will be nice to have a treat waiting for me on the first of every month when I get to turn a new page.

Can't wait for all the questions I get when my co-workers see it. My boss always used to give funny looks to my previous calendar (with an occasional "What IS that?") which featured semi-abstract B&W photography. Not sure how he will feel about fantasy beasts trying to set small bearded men on fire.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SarahV View Post
    Can't wait for all the questions I get when my co-workers see it. My boss always used to give funny looks to my previous calendar (with an occasional "What IS that?") which featured semi-abstract B&W photography. Not sure how he will feel about fantasy beasts trying to set small bearded men on fire.
    I first read that as "fantasy breasts trying to set small bearded men on fire," which would yield even funnier looks.

Sadly, my mother bought the calendar for me for Christmas, which means that, while she now has it, I won't be seeing it for a week or so.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by honigmuffin View Post
    [...] 3. Will it be possible to fold/bend/roll up the package?

I'm asking because our local postal service employs mostly idiots. They will try anything to shove a package that's clearly too big to fit into our mailbox instead of knocking, even with a big sign posted outside that somebody's at home. They don't care if they damage what's inside, as long as they can bend it in half (no matter how hard that might actually be) they will do it.

Would it be possible to mark the envelopes with a big "DO NOT BEND" stamp? I sincerely fear for the safety of my calendars.
    I just got my calendar today. It had a sticker in screaming, glaring, eye-hurting orange with giant letters spelling "DO NOT BEND".

My absolute favorite? Belkar's New Year's resolution:

Spoiler
    Show
    My New Year's resolution: Cut down on all the killing--
    --but cut side-to-side on the maiming!
    Post, post, post, post an amusing and insightful comment!

27. - Top - End - #297

Completely unscientific poll: Those of you who have your calendar, what did you think of the speech balloon font used in the calendar half?

As I just mentioned on the discussion thread, I'm almost certainly changing the main comic font when the new book starts. There aren't many "comic book style" fonts that have both upper- and lowercase letters, though. The calendar served as an audition for the frontrunner, so I'm interested in whether it was readable or not.
    Rich Burlew

28. - Top - End - #298
    Orc in the Playground

Completely unscientific poll: Those of you who have your calendar, what did you think of the speech balloon font used in the calendar half?
    I didn't notice it, which I think means it's an improvement over the Gygax Magazine font.

29. - Top - End - #299

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gamera View Post
    I didn't notice it, which I think means it's an improvement over the Gygax Magazine font.
    Yeah, that one's dead to me. I can't believe how bad it looks in print compared to on-screen.
    Rich Burlew

30. - Top - End - #300

I like the font. It is easy to read, and it works well with the characters.