New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 42: The thread at the drain of the multiverse

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    Sometimes they just don't like each other. Because see, this kind of thing, right here?

This is the only reason DC hasn't acted on many things sooner, because I felt you would snap at me and go off ranting about it OOC to make me look like the bad guy for something. So I tried to avoid bothering with anything related to you for years out of fear of that, and y'know what?

It wasn't very fun.

So quite simply, they will continue to do as they will.

Because I'm a little sick of your insinuating that I have it out for you and others. You've barely bothered to disguise it in the past. Every time our characters remotely oppose each other you just have to go out of your way to try to make me look bad, because you seem to have it in your head that I'm out to be a bully. And you know, I told you that if it happened again, I wouldn't let it slide.

So I'm going to play my characters as I want to, and I'm not going to be afraid of you trying to twist it into looking like I'm out to get you.
    I'm sorry you can't have fun without involving yourself with my characters and plots. I honestly don't know whether to be flattered or concerned.

But I think you're going way off side topic here. I make a post clarifying a past position, one that's vital considering Ilpholin's attempt to not be branded as a traitor to Watch and you decide I'm attacking you personally and trying to make you look bad. Then you claim I'm out to twist things and make it look like you're out to get me? I don't have to do that when it seems you're doing that yourself.

I mean... those two posts? I can't see any relevance in them whatsoever. The first was made when Hatter was still learning the ropes and was just trying to keep things from being overwhelming. The second about Ilpholin's discovery of Darcy's betrayal. What does any of that have to do with... anything? I personally do not understand, both where this is coming from or how it's related.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Another poke to The Mad Hatter to Trog's Tavern with Alabaster. Most recent post is here.
    Last edited by ImpSyndrome; 2013-11-30 at 03:48 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, going to say one thing and that's it. But those two posts DC linked? I recall reading them at the time and thinking they came off as passive aggressive and sounded like complaining about OoC things IC. Even going back and reading them now, they still give that same impression. So if that wasn't intentional, great, but I can definitely see why DC would have perceived it that way.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

I don't even...

I'm quite sure you know that what I meant was that I'm utterly sick of having to tapdance around you because you keep pulling this kind of thing, so would you please stop pretending you don't get it. It's rapidly approaching infuriating.

And those posts referred to the fact that, from my perspective, they look rather like you accusing me of pulling meta crap while using your characters as mouthpieces for it, and that they are the most blatant examples of your tendency to try to rip into everything I do that's remotely related to you. Do I have to dissect everything to spell it out here, or are you just going to deny everything anyway?

Because if I have to deal with you trying to rip everything I do apart like this, there's no point playing DC at all anymore, considering the character's current state is such that the only thing that would let me avoid you with him is precision amnesia. Because really.

I don't have to deal with this. I can have characters with opinions without dealing with you coming into OOC and angrily trying to tear their positions to shreds because of some perceived vendetta against you. Because guess what? The opinion of the character is not necessarily the opinion of the player. I don't care one way or another about this, but my character does, and I don't care to have you come in here and act like that's somehow wrong of me to do, given the clear angry bold italics.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

On the posts in question, I will admit that from an outsider's perspective, the first is referencing a Player, an OoC entity, in an IC manner which does lend to the overall passive-aggressive feeling that was set up by the apparently flippant OoC tone in general.

The second I'm gonna hold off on as I suspect I'm lacking total context in, though.

Just my thoughts on the matter
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2013-11-30 at 03:55 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Okay, going to say one thing and that's it. But those two posts DC linked? I recall reading them at the time and thinking they came off as passive aggressive and sounded like complaining about OoC things IC. Even going back and reading them now, they still give that same impression. So if that wasn't intentional, great, but I can definitely see why DC would have perceived it that way.
    Ilpholin had every right IC to say what she did considering the complete lack of communication. And I truly believed DC didn't want another DC vs. Calublufiok fight. I know I didn't. And that was me saying as such. If DC didn't mind a fight between those two characters, he could have said something a long time ago rather than trying to hold it over my head. There was no passive-aggressive intention at all.

I don't even...

I'm quite sure you know that what I meant was that I'm utterly sick of having to tapdance around you because you keep pulling this kind of thing, so would you please stop pretending you don't get it. It's rapidly approaching infuriating.
    I don't get it. I truly don't.

And those posts referred to the fact that, from my perspective, they look rather like you accusing me of pulling meta crap while using your characters as mouthpieces for it, and that they are the most blatant examples of your tendency to try to rip into everything I do that's remotely related to you. Do I have to dissect everything to spell it out here, or are you just going to deny everything anyway?
    See above answers.

Because if I have to deal with you trying to rip everything I do apart like this, there's no point playing DC at all anymore, considering the character's current state is such that the only thing that would let me avoid you with him is precision amnesia. Because really.
    Blatant untruth. You actively choose to interact with me and my characters. In example, Wenomir, KR, and Cessie all chose not to get involved whatsoever with the Riverside thing and preferred to deal with the aftermath. Even now, Cessie generally avoids the entire situation (and I don't blame her). But it is a choice. One you repeatedly make.

I don't have to deal with this. I can have characters with opinions without dealing with you coming into OOC and angrily trying to tear their positions to shreds because of some perceived vendetta against you. Because guess what? The opinion of the character is not necessarily the opinion of the player.
    HOLD UP. Really? So when my characters have IC opinions against your characters, it's passive aggressive hate designed to tear you down angrily? But when you have opinions against my characters it's completely ok and not an issue. "The opinion of the character is not necessarily the opinion of the player." Please consider this one very important line for all of the above. It goes both ways.

I don't care one way or another about this, but my character does, and I don't care to have you come in here and act like that's somehow wrong of me to do, given the clear angry bold italics.
    That was emphasis. Important emphasis.
    This is anger:
    There is a distinct difference.

Yes, I used important emphasis because I considered the information vital to the future of my favorite character.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2013-11-30 at 04:14 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

Guys? Could you two just take a step back from the computer and give yourselves some time to calm down? Because this clearly isn't going anywhere but downhill and into the territory of personal attacks.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Firbolg in the Playground

Agreed with the above. Neither of you were attacking the other to begin with. Please actually discuss the characters, instead of interpreting everything as an attack.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

In the case of the opinion of the character is not necessarily the opinion of the player I was specifically referring to the apparent idea that I had to be told what my character should think in here, not the other posts. Excuse me for not being the king of incredibly clear arguments.

As for those other two posts, I feel the responses to them from some others here in this thread (thank you, you two, I appreciate that) speaks louder than anything I can say here, so I won't say anything more on that. Really, if that's what people uninvolved and unaffected by any personal anger think about them, I think why I can't see them as anything less than attacks on me is abundantly clear.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Oookay. Um. Guys, please.

This is thoroughly unpleasant.

I certainly can see some kinda.... Ill-disguised OOC commentary in DC's post.

I don't really see what's the issue is here.

Why are we fighting...?

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

+1 to the chorus of voices asking for the pointless arguing to stop.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

In the case of the opinion of the character is not necessarily the opinion of the player I was specifically referring to the apparent idea that I had to be told what my character should think in here, not the other posts. Excuse me for not being the king of incredibly clear arguments.
    I was not telling you what your characters should think. I wouldn't have minded some sort of even vague reasoning as to where he got the idea otherwise.

As for those other two posts, I feel the responses to them from some others here in this thread (thank you, you two, I appreciate that) speaks louder than anything I can say here, so I won't say anything more on that. Really, if that's what people uninvolved and unaffected by any personal anger think about them, I think why I can't see them as anything less than attacks on me is abundantly clear.
    My apologies then. They were apparently passive aggressive attacks on your personage that I truly did not intend.

That said, the fact you feel there's even room for such a thing shows your guilt. I've tried playing with you DC, but that's proven unfun. So then I tried avoiding you, but you've gone out of your way, so far as to even meta'ing into involvement. Now that I look back it makes sense. DC not around for years, then suddenly jumps into Riverside plot without even the most reasonable of reasons to call Darcy? DC contacting Magtok a second time right after the first as soon as I post my vaguely ominous post about threads and 'The End'?

You're absolutely right DC. You have bullied me and gone out of your way to attack me. You make things unfun for me and have made my characters near unplayable with your actions. And then you have the gall to paint yourself as the victim.

Well I'm done. I do not want to deal with you anymore, ever.

I was holding off on announcing this, but I'm leaving the Nexus. Have been planning to for a while now, for reasons related to time and size and RL and all sorts of other important things but this clenches it. I had been trying to build up into a more epilogue state, getting rid of all Rein's stuff at an auction, finishing off scenes with people, what have you. But I think I'd prefer to just make a clean break here and now. It's the only way I'll ever get it done.

Good Bye.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

No, Reinholdt, please don't go.

Please.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

14. - Top - End - #44

frown Re: [Nexus] OOC 42: The thread at the drain of the multiverse

Reinholdt's leaving? Sad times are ahead of us.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    No, Reinholdt, please don't go.

Please.
    I need to. Even aside from today I've been meaning to and have been purposefully foreshadowing it for a little while now (Alexandrian even caught on, but I didn't have the courage to reply to his direct OOC question at the time).
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #46

Bye rein. May your life be filled with as much excitement & fun as your PCs!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    I need to. Even aside from today I've been meaning to and have been purposefully foreshadowing it for a little while now (Alexandrian even caught on, but I didn't have the courage to reply to his direct OOC question at the time).
    At least let me help give Butler a happy ending.

Not like that.
    Last edited by Felandria; 2013-11-30 at 06:04 PM.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

18. - Top - End - #48

Bye Rein. I wish I got to interact with your characters more, but such is life. Good luck wherever you go.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Firbolg in the Playground

Farewell, Reinholdt! I know we didn't really do much with our characters beyond Cerise and Sasha, but I've always enjoyed your writing. Good luck with life!
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, I'm going to get to posting in a moment here. I do have something else I want to mention, though. Until finals are over for me (and probably a bit after that because I'm going skiing with the he family) I will only very selectively starting new scenes. So if you have something you want to RP with my characters, you can ask me if I'd like to do the scene, or just hold onto the idea for later. In the mean time, I shall continue trying to thin out the number of scenes I have right now.

21. - Top - End - #51

Huwwo!
    I'm new to Nexus, and I was wondering if anyone could help me create a character?
    Many thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Used to be dumb. Now I'm not. Rock on, everyone!

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Techmagss View Post
    Huwwo!
    I'm new to Nexus, and I was wondering if anyone could help me create a character?
    Many thanks!
    Sure, what'd you like to do for your first PC?
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

23. - Top - End - #53

I'm really not sure ;p
    I was wondering something like a half-dragon, but then I thought that'd be too OP.
    What dooo?
    So confused!
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think you should worry about it too much. Nexus has seen far crazier things than half-dragons.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm really not sure ;p
    I was wondering something like a half-dragon, but then I thought that'd be too OP.
    What dooo?
    So confused!
    There are multiple gods acting as PCs, so in general you can do whatever you want, just know that the higher the power level the more people will avoid your characters if they are clearly looking for a fight.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

26. - Top - End - #56

Hmm.. I'm thinking a green half-dragon, half-orc.
    Green!
    A warrior in full plate.
    Last edited by Techmagss; 2013-11-30 at 07:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57

Hi new person!
    I'm Arkhosia. I play Faunus & elves.
    Also I PlotClone a lot.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-11-30 at 07:10 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry to hear that, Reinholdt. *hugs*

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

29. - Top - End - #59

...ugh, I stepped in at a bad time, didn't I?
    -steps slowly out of thread and slams door-
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

...ugh, I stepped in at a bad time, didn't I?
    -steps slowly out of thread and slams door-
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. Some people got angry and egos got bruised (very) recently, but it's over now.

On the subject of OP individuals, erm, yeah. I wouldn't worry too much, considering that one of my most-used PCs is an MtG-style Planeswalker complete with all of the power that implies and more.

As a rule of thumb, people don't get mad about OP characters unless they're aggressive or like pushing their power on others a little bit too much.

EDIT: Oh, and obviously we've already met, but I'm Blade and I play whatever I feel like at a given moment.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2013-11-30 at 07:59 PM.