New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 42: The thread at the drain of the multiverse

*pokes Ghar toward Home*

I feel more silly every time I write *pokes*. I'm gonna get on the rest of my scenes in the mean time.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2013-12-07 at 11:04 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    I seem to recall an incident in which one Succubus literally walked in and kidnapped a Mag with no resistance whatsoever.

Just pointing that out.
    Magtok didn't think much of her, so he never put up a struggle. By the time he was actually taking her seriously, it was too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    I'll be on it soon, Ark.
    'Kay.
    Side note: Invidia's fun to RP.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-12-08 at 12:03 AM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

@Zefir: FireFox hasn't been online in a few days, so we should probably move ahead a bit. I'll be careful to leave room for him/her/it to catch up when he/she/it returns.

@Mad Hatter: It's been a while now with no response from Alabaster in Trog's. Will you be able to keep this going, or should I look for another partner? (This message will also be sent via PM.)

5. - Top - End - #245

Exactly what I thought. I was already up to post and say the same.

I hope I got all things covered today, I know Riverside is missing, but I didn't really feel well to post.
    Should anyone be up sor something with one of my chars, please tell me. I try to come up with something in Skyside and Arkant, but maybe not today.

Murkus I stil assume you didn't start the Elexxion thing?
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #246
    Orc in the Playground

Everyone who is at Fel's house for Thanksmas dinner please get back there.

She spent all that time cooking and nobody is talking.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Ark? Is there a description of Bobby the demon? It'd help greatly in Riverside

8. - Top - End - #248

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Ark? Is there a description of Bobby the demon? It'd help greatly in Riverside
    There's a link in my signature to my nexus PCs, and buddy and Invidia have the same link.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Orc in the Playground

Arkhosia, you haven't responded to my query regarding your Spartan learning Earl's Variety of Sorcery, that may eventually result in megalomania, insanity, infertility, immorality and great power. Actually, the first two are plenty avoidable; the last three... Not so much.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #250

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Arkhosia, you haven't responded to my query regarding your Spartan learning Earl's Variety of Sorcery, that may eventually result in megalomania, insanity, infertility, immorality and great power. Actually, the first two are plenty avoidable; the last three... Not so much.
    Oh, sorry!
    I'd kinda prefer not to have Drake learn that kind, sorry.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Orc in the Playground

Well, if anyone else wants to learn how to twist flesh using magic, and control the resultant abominations through same magic, I've got a hunkering to introduce a Sorcerer and if I have a pre-determined apprentice they might stay around longer.

And now I think about it, it's actually possible to avoid the infertility as well.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Do you want to have Natalie respond to each gift individually, Earl, or should I post what she gets from the goblin family?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Well, if anyone else wants to learn how to twist flesh using magic, and control the resultant abominations through same magic, I've got a hunkering to introduce a Sorcerer and if I have a pre-determined apprentice they might stay around longer.

And now I think about it, it's actually possible to avoid the infertility as well.
    Now that I think about it, I actually have a PC who'd probably be willing to attain more powerful magic, so long as the costs aren't obviously exorbitant for what they offer. You mentioned that it's incompatible with other magic, on the other hand, so she might not be the best option as such. It really depends on whether it's incompatible with your other branches of magic or just magic in general.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Orc in the Playground

I think I'll have Natalie respond each time; that way I won't miss anything without it being immediately obvious. I'll post in about sixty seconds.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Halfling in the Playground

LordDeathkeeper, I finally put up the post in Mallside. Sorry about the delay. Phew. >.>

If anyone wants a regular sort of toy - or a not so regular sort - head over there! Of course, there's always the thanksmas thread, but typically more elaborate stuff gets asked for over there.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Earl, it's your turn Inside.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

Thank you for reminding me! I've just editted in a response to my last post. Whew, I knew I was forgetting something.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Hey Earl, did you spot my response to you a few posts up? I think I put it up while you were working on a response to someone else, and might have been missed.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Orc in the Playground

I did miss that, yes. Well, it's incompatible with other types of MY magic, and that might also mean it's incompatible with other people's magic, but it's ultimately up to you. I rule it's incompatible due to the fact that magic, as I play it, is mostly theory, and the theory behind my Sorcery is vastly different (and even contradictory) to the theory behind my Necromancy- even though they are quite closely related (one manipulates the body and mind of living creatures; the other manipulates the body and soul of dead creatures). But ultimately, that's as I play it, so whilst your character wouldn't be able to learn magic from another of my characters, they might still be able to learn how to unlock their psychic potential, tap into Mystra's Weave, manipulate the Force, etc.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    I did miss that, yes. Well, it's incompatible with other types of MY magic, and that might also mean it's incompatible with other people's magic, but it's ultimately up to you. I rule it's incompatible due to the fact that magic, as I play it, is mostly theory, and the theory behind my Sorcery is vastly different (and even contradictory) to the theory behind my Necromancy- even though they are quite closely related (one manipulates the body and mind of living creatures; the other manipulates the body and soul of dead creatures). But ultimately, that's as I play it, so whilst your character wouldn't be able to learn magic from another of my characters, they might still be able to learn how to unlock their psychic potential, tap into Mystra's Weave, manipulate the Force, etc.

Ah! That actually works out well enough, since Sarah's magic is also largely focused on life. That is, she's an Ex-Circle Mage (via Dragon Age) with extensive knowledge of healing spells... ...and Blood Magic.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Orc in the Playground

Just so you are aware, Sorcery is a ritual magic. It's poor for use in combat, as it requires too much preparation. What it can do is create mutant abominations that can serve as guards, soldiers, servants, and so on. It can also be used to permanently alter one's physical appearance and capabilities, but most of the creatures altered through it are infertile, or nearly so. Sorcerers can provide temporary buffs in combat, but that is it. Sorcerers are traditionally amongst the least squishy type of wizard, and they are also the rarest as they usually cannot have children of their own to teach, unless they don't practice their magic on themselves- which is usually a bad idea, because if you're turning the local livestock into an army of abominations to assert your will upon the populace, people will get upset and try to stop you.

There are rituals that enable Sorcerer-altered creatures to breed and reproduce, but they require constant chanting and focus that is hard to maintain, especially if the Sorcerer is the one trying to reproduce, and they don't always work properly.

22. - Top - End - #262

The Poking Hour, By Arkhosia

*Boop* to everyone who has an active scene with me right now, because I'm too lazy and apathetic to actually check who required being *boop*ed.

...wow, that last part sounded really dirty.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Just so you are aware, Sorcery is a ritual magic. It's poor for use in combat, as it requires too much preparation. What it can do is create mutant abominations that can serve as guards, soldiers, servants, and so on. It can also be used to permanently alter one's physical appearance and capabilities, but most of the creatures altered through it are infertile, or nearly so. Sorcerers can provide temporary buffs in combat, but that is it. Sorcerers are traditionally amongst the least squishy type of wizard, and they are also the rarest as they usually cannot have children of their own to teach, unless they don't practice their magic on themselves- which is usually a bad idea, because if you're turning the local livestock into an army of abominations to assert your will upon the populace, people will get upset and try to stop you.

There are rituals that enable Sorcerer-altered creatures to breed and reproduce, but they require constant chanting and focus that is hard to maintain, especially if the Sorcerer is the one trying to reproduce, and they don't always work properly.

That works out fine, actually. Ritual Magic is something Sarah's done, albeit to temporarily call Fade spirits onto the material for various reasons, but someplace she could improve. More combat magic isn't necessarily something she needs, but a supplement to that couldn't hurt.

(She's not really interested in having children either, for other various reasons, not least that she has enemies that she's afraid would use them against her.)

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

Ah, well this is permanent. Well, unless somebody goes to reverse it, anyway, which is hard. It's also excruciatingly painful, and isn't limited to animals and the caster- if Sarah had a willing/restrained victim, she could twist their body and mind just like she could to a rabbit's, unless they have magic resistance, which makes it harder, or magic immunity, which makes it impossible.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Neat! Maybe this is something that might be better done IC, though. After all, Sarah's the one who'd have to be convinced.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Orc in the Playground

Oh, yeah. I hope she can handle ugly people. Where should we start this?

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Oh, yeah. I hope she can handle ugly people. Where should we start this?
    Wherever! She lives in Inside, though, so the further you go from there the less plausible my reasons for her presence will be.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground

If she's interested in human 'experiments', she's probably better off moving elsewhere.

Inside or Outside sound good, then. My Sorcerer lives in Outside, but close enough to Inside to go shopping occasionally. Not everything can be mutated from the local wildlife. Just most things.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

If she's interested in human 'experiments', she's probably better off moving elsewhere.

Inside or Outside sound good, then. My Sorcerer lives in Outside, but close enough to Inside to go shopping occasionally. Not everything can be mutated from the local wildlife. Just most things.
    Sarah's restrained herself from abusing Blood Magic in a similar way thus far, even if she's quite subtly been resorting to increasingly shady methods to evade the Templars since her first appearance onscreen.

Still though, either is fine. Which would you prefer, out of curiosity?

30. - Top - End - #270
    Orc in the Playground

I genuinely don't mind. But if it's Inside, you'd have to post first as I have the last post there. Not that that actually matters, because this is my last post of the day. Ish; the day ended nearly three hours ago.

But Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleep tight and don't let Ladon bite. Though it's worth the risk, if you desire immortality that much.