New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default [Nexus] Mt. Ignis

In a large open field of earth and rocks, Mt. Ignis stands, the volcano towing above it. The ominous mountain has been the bane of many, and few have ever ventured in.
    This time though, something's different.
    Adventurers have been requested to go to Mt. Ignis by the dragon that roost on the top, Pyrus.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mt. Ignis

Base of the Mountain

here's Clara, with her three, kitten-sized minor dragons flying sound her head. She's dressed in a tan uniform with a long cloak. Whenever she stands still the cloak gives off a chameleon like effect, which counteracts oddly with the way her body glows when she's at rest. She leans heavily on her wooden staff as she gazes up the mountain. Well boys, you wanted an adventure...
    As for the minor dragons, Krakl, the purple one, has an affinity for lightning and weather prediction. Gymn has a green coloring to his scales and can heal injuries. Lastly, Candor, with his blue and orange hide, can teleport through portals, which can grow in size with Clara Tovell's aid.
    Wizard Tovell doesn't appear to have any luggage, but looks can be deceiving...
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountain Base-A Disturbance in the Force

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Sith live for battle, for combat, for the chance to best a worthy opponent and relish in the copper smell of his victim's blood... In battle the Sith are the strongest, more one with the force than meditation can ever give them. It is the Sith way.

Trucido Amare, known to most as Darth Calamity makes his appearance, eager to test his mettle against the renowned volcano. More specifically, the monsters famed to be around the place. The landscape was rocky and harsh. It somewhat reminded him of Mustafar, but minus the rivers of lava.

He notices another individual, and attempts to use his force powers to try and scout out her mind. Just a bit. Hello there.

Spoiler: Darth Calamity:
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mountain Base

A rock creature strides up. It's around five meters tall, and formed of a dense, dark rock around a core of magma. The creature is pleasantly warm, but not hot.

"Greetings."
    Last edited by GrandDM; 2013-12-02 at 01:30 PM.
    Doctor Harald avatar by MethosH

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Base of the Mountain

Ray appears suddenly, with lots of dust kicked up by his entrance. After scratching behind his gill-ears for a moment he focuses for the first time on his surroundings. He smiles as he gazes up on the spectacular mountain of fire. "Now this, this is a good location for a quest!" he exclaims out loud to no-one in particular. It should be loud enough for others to hear him, subtlety is not exactly something Ray is good at.
    Last edited by RyanKoopa; 2013-12-02 at 01:06 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

an absolutely ENORMOUS red dragon covered in scales the shade of dried blood descends in front of the adventurers.
    Salutations, quest-seekers! I am Pyrus, Wyrm of Ignis.
    The Elder Dragons's voice is deep and gruff.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-12-02 at 02:27 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ga'roth bows deeply. When he straightens up, he shivers slightly, and a large, shiny diamond rises from deep within his magma core and drops into his rocky palm.

"A gift for a fellow creature of fire."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8

Mountain Meeting

Flying around excitedly, the three miniature dragons spew out thoughts and pictures into the minds of all nearby who haven't protected their minds. As for Trucido, once Clara feels his presence in her mind she says My thoughts belong to me and Wulder! With that, her mind has an impenetrable barrier for a few minutes, with no limits of renewal. She nods to the other quest members and bows low to the dragon.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Mountain Meeting

Flying around excitedly, the three miniature dragons spew out thoughts and pictures into the minds of all nearby who haven't protected their minds. As for Trucido, once Clara feels his presence in her mind she says My thoughts belong to me and Wulder! With that, her mind has an impenetrable barrier for a few minutes, with no limits of renewal. She nods to the other quest members and bows low to the dragon.
    Well, it was a try. Trucido doesn't respond to her but instead puts his hands down at his lightsabers, enjoying the familiar smooth chrome hilt in his hands. He had no doubt that he'd get the blood samples he needed here. After all... Three wyrmlings, and elder dragon, and a plethora of possibly draconian monsters? Easy. He'd leave with gold in his pocket and the samples he required for experimentation with his new partner.

He doesn't speak. Doesn't even gesture towards the others. They're all idiots. All of them. Pathetic broken little wastes of flesh. Filth. Humanity. What a joke. These are the regular people here. Do I really have to stand here and venture with these... sub-par imbeciles? Yes. I do. Gods I hate them all.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2013-12-02 at 05:47 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

The Elder Dragon turns to Ga'roth and gently picks up the diamond.
    I humbly accept your offering, being of fire.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-12-02 at 07:03 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #11

Were we supposed to bring gifts? Oops. Clara missed the memo.
    She taps the ground with her staff impatiently, waiting for the adventure to start.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

With no psychic protection to speak of Ray is left momentarily dazed by the little dragons thoughts. He considers asking someone about these projections but decides it isn't worth the effort. He then saunters up to the Wyrm. "Nice to meet ya Pyrus! I presume you'll be our host for the evening?" This may seem like an odd way to phrase the question especially since it may or may not be evening. But to Ray any quest through perilous terrain might as well be a party since he enjoys them so much.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Base of the Mountain

Ga'roth stands and watches. He doesn't have anything to say right now.
    Last edited by GrandDM; 2013-12-03 at 11:22 AM.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

I require your aid. Come, climb on to my back. I will take you to my lair to explain.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    I require your aid. Come, climb on to my back. I will take you to my lair to explain.
    Ga'roth climbs up easily. He weighs a huge amount, even more than you'd expect for something of his size. He settles down at the back of the group and anchors himself with a firm grip.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Ray effortlessly jumps onto the dragons back. He will sit wherever best, he's not picky in this regard.

17. - Top - End - #17

Clara climbs onto the dragon with an ease born of practice.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Darth Calamity sighs before hopping atop the dragon, his lightsabers at his side. He didn't like flying. He'd much prefer being at the ground, his brilliant weapons slicing and cutting through enemies...

19. - Top - End - #19

Pyrus flies to the top of the mountain, and into a illusion-cloaked cave.
    The cave is filled with treasures, from gems and gold to black briefcases filled with dollars, euros, lien, and other types of paper money.
    Three small wrymlings are currently asleep in the cavern. They have red scales, just like their father.

I have brought you here today because of a major threat to Mount Ignis.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-12-03 at 05:17 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pyrus' Cave

Ga'roth carefully keeps away from the paper money and looks expectantly at Pyrus for an explanation.

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Ray's eyes light up as he is flown into the cave. Now he came on this quest for adventure, not for profit but... dang is that a lot of money! "I hope we are going to get compensated good for saving the mountain!" he thinks to himself while his lips curl up into a small smile. He then shifts his weight a little bit as he waits for the dragons explanation of why it needs their help...
    Last edited by RyanKoopa; 2013-12-05 at 04:04 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Darth Calamity gets off the beast and looks about the place.Good... These people don't appear to have any clue who I am, or what I am capable of. Excellent. He moves to lean against the wall, gazing at the dragon, still wordless. There's no need to make conversation with these people.

23. - Top - End - #23

Clara gazes around the treasure with wide eyes; never before had she seen such wealth in all her life! She hops off of Pyrus, her dragons still chittering excitedly.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #24

Oh, you shall.
    Mount Ignis us a sort of sanctuary for beings closely tied to the element of fire, and was originally home to a portal to a fire-aligned area in the plane of the Elemental Chaos.
    This area has since been conquered by Water elementals, and these threaten to destroy our sanctuary. I require you to close the portal before this can happen.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Ugh. Water elementals. Great. Tell me, Pyrus, is this an active volcano? It would be excellent if I had access to a source of magma."

Nexus

CHB
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

"No problem! Tell us where this portal is and we'll shut it! I'll be fighting fire with fire! Well... water with water but you get the point." Looking around Ray notices notices Calamity off in a corner by himself and gets suspicious. Perhaps hes a double agent for this elemental war? Hopping off the dragon he heads over to the man and calmly asks "Hey. What are you doing over here?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RyanKoopa View Post
    "No problem! Tell us where this portal is and we'll shut it! I'll be fighting fire with fire! Well... water with water but you get the point." Looking around Ray notices notices Calamity off in a corner by himself and gets suspicious. Perhaps hes a double agent for this elemental war? Hopping off the dragon he heads over to the man and calmly asks "Hey. What are you doing over here?"
    Darth Calamity rolls his eyes. Water with water. Water expands when more volume is added. It doesn't destroy it at all. Unless you could somehow split water molecules. But that would be messy. Ugh. Magic.

Then Ray approaches him. The Sith stands up straighter and breathes in deeply, his hands resting in his coat pocket. Assessing the area. Looking forward and sensing for any sort of hostile units like a [I]real[I]warrior ought to do in a situation that could very easily go badly for all of us. Now please, leave me alone and let me continue to watch over your asses. Amateurs give me such headaches...

Alright. Dragon. Let's cut to the chase here, we should go. Quickly. Location of the Water Elemental Area, and tell me what our reward is. Then we'll be off as soon as possible.

Does anyone here have any kind of military training...? Anyone?

28. - Top - End - #28

Clara raises her hand, stepping forward. I have military experience. Though I'd appreciate an attitude improvement, or else tempers will rise and nothing will be accomplished. The dragons perch on her shoulders and head, giving an appearance which...well, in all honesty makes it difficult to take her seriously.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by GrandDM View Post
    "Ugh. Water elementals. Great. Tell me, Pyrus, is this an active volcano? It would be excellent if I had access to a source of magma."
    No, but there is a lot of magma in the mountain.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Ray smirks at Calamity. For a second his smile fades and he glares at Calamity. It is a surprisingly intimidating glare from such a goofy man. He then moves in real close, way too close for comfort and whispers in his his ear "don't underestimate me." He then immediately steps about 30 feet back.

If Calamity decides not to attack Ray for his admittedly brazen actions he will suddenly snap back to his old demeanor like nothing had ever happened. "Well good thing the volcano's not active!" he quips "don't want us getting exploded on in the middle of the quest!"

(OOC: If Calamity decides he wants to attack disregard the second paragraph. I'm willing to play it either way :) ))