New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Total War 2200 IC

The world has changed a good bit in the past 200 years. After the turn of the century, technological advancement slowed to crawl, and many of the worlds super powers fell into decline. Before the UN lost its power, it managed to destroy the worlds WMDs, which saved countless lives in the wars to come but allowed more wars to take place. The world is now split into many new countries all trying to hold on to their power and expand into the greatness of those superpowers at the turn of the millennium

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Total War 2200 IC

The Ashenhold Legion
    Morale: 5

Zone 1 secured. Bandits and criminals neutralized. Border defenses under construction. Next directive?

-High Commander Murin

We have rehabilitated our lands to the point of people being capable of living in any of its areas, though there are a few areas where health concerns may arise. It will also not be an easy existence or a pleasant one, but I intend to work towards improving that. What do you wish for the Research Division to pursue next?

Chief Technican Keros,
    Head of Research Division

A hundred reports scattered across his office, and all of them were asking the same thing. What next? The first Overseer, Sarvas' predecessor, had spent his reign expanding from the initial Ashenhold outwards into the surrounding lands, which had finally come to fruition in the past months since his untimely passing. But now the Legion was stable enough to look outwards, for the first time since its founding all of those decades ago when the UN fell. At the very least, before he made any rash decisions, he should talk to his neighbors and gauge their goals. It would buy him more time to deliberate, if nothing else.

To the Greenpeace Collective
    Spoiler
    Show
    Salutations,

I am Overseer Sarvas of the Ashenhold Legion. We are curious as to the exact goals and intentions of your Collective. As for the Legion, we were founded with the intention of repairing the world of the damages caused by humanity's past wars. Nuclear weapons, chemical and biological scarring... We have managed to rehabilitate our own lands but the rest of the world is a much more daunting endeavor. If we could work together, we may be able to make progress in both of our goals.

To the PFMC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings,

We of the Ashenhold Legion were hoping to open up a dialogue with yourselves. It may become necessary in the future for us to hire your services in a future conflict, or to cooperate in some other endeavor. Would you be interested and what price would you ask for?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

President James Lewis takes a sip from his coffee sends a message to two Nations, the Ivy League and the United States of America, although the latter is not recognized as such in his message

Spoiler: Ivy League
    Show

Greetings Chairman Howard Barkley of the Ivy League,

I am President James Lewis of the Free American Republic. As you may know, our economy is not up to par and your military isn't as well. I come to you with a simple and mutually beneficial request. If you were to send us goods, we will arrange a defensive pact with your nation. Our diplomats can work out details if you feel that this is a wise action. I look forward to hearing your answer.

Spoiler: USA
    Show

Greetings Mr. President,

I am President James Lewis of the Free American Republic. We know of your struggle with Texas. While you can keep sabotaging their efforts to conquer you, it may not be enough at one point. If open war were to take place, you can count on our support if we were allowed to keep a portion of Texas. I look forward to hearing your answer.

While James Lewis was sending this message, General Catherine was overseeing the FAR Rangers training. She notices one woman who has fine aim and walks over to her. The Ranger recruit immediately salutes the General; she is quite nervous. "At ease, soldier. I've noticed you have a fine aim. God has given you a great talent." Catherine says. The soldier replies "Why, thank you, ma'am." She returns back to her target practice, keeping her eyes open for targets. It seems easy at first, but then it starts to get tricky. She keeps hitting targets, but new ones keep coming. Finally, she misses one and all the targets drop down. Catherine claps her hand. She says "Nicely done, soldier. Not many new recruits can take on officer level target practice. If war breaks out, you would make Lady Liberty proud."
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account
    Fairy Tail OC avatar by: your truly

4. - Top - End - #4

The newly elected president of Haiti, Hector Durant, addresses his people. He is holding a tattered, ancient-looking tricorner hat.

"My brother and sisters of the Free Republic of Haiti, we have come a long way since our nation was established nearly four hundred years ago! Poverty, once a constant specter in our lives, is nearly eradicated! Corruption and tyranny is vanquished, and has been for a century and a half! Haiti and it's territories are now renowned for prosperity, intelligence, and patriotism! While the world falls to pieces around us, we a beacon of hope and freedom. We are proud of being Haitians, and why should we not? We have forged a new nation out of the ashes of the old. We have resurrected the dreams of our forefathers, of old Toussiant and Dumas."

Durant uses the hat to gesture to Cubans and other non-Haitians in the crowd.

"But I wouldn't wish to leave out those not of Haitian descent. Cubans, Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, Bahamanians, and all the rest, you have a right to bask in the glory that is Haiti just the same as a native Haitian. You have restored Haiti, you have fulfilled the dream of a united Caribbean! Your students, your children are the equal of ours. Your pride is our pride, and our pride is yours. Though your past is not ours, our futures are one and the same. So in the name of Toussiant and Dumas, I implore you, Haitian and non-Haitian alike, to dream the dream, to build the hope that is Haiti."

To the Mexican Empire
    Spoiler: Mexican Empire
    Show

In light of the insanity of recent years, and the aggressive new nations popping up everywhere, Haiti offers you a non-aggression pact, and hopes for a permanent military alliance between our nations. We do not trust many of the other American nations to keep the peace. The GILE protectorate and Texas seem particularly worrisome.

To the Ashenhold Legion
    Spoiler: Ashenhold Legion
    Show

We Haitians would like to open up a dialogue with the Legion. Might we suggest a temporary non-aggression pact, with a possibility of trading Haitian money for access to Legion technology later on?

To the Kingdom of Argentina
    Spoiler: Kingdom of Argentina
    Show

To our Argentine friends,

We wish to enter into a temporary non-aggression pact, with hopes for a future friendship with the Kingdom. Additionally, we are concerned with the GILE Protectorate to your north. Would you be willing to discuss further terms?
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hellig Nordsjøen Imperium (Def.Esp 4)

Stockholm - Cathedral of St. Peter in Exile - January 7th 2200

"Vivat Imperator Augustus II"
    After the lengthy ceremony of investiture King Olaf VII, now second Emperor in the north, and his wife Queen Astrid stepped out of the doors to present themselves to the cheering masses. Behind them a procession of monarchs, bishops, knights, generals and other privileged folk. Today would be a day of celebration. The future would be mostly work though.

To Balkanian Empire:
    Spoiler
    Show
    To Arcturus I, Emperor of the Balkans
    It is known that the Eastern and Western Christian Empires have had their differences throughout history, but time and time again they also have managed to put these differences aside in the pursuit of common interests. I ask that we too follow a path of friendship instead of one of strife.
    The world is in chaos. The old Churches have lost their reach and Europe is under attack by heathens, Rome itself has fallen into Mohammedan hands. Something must be done.
    Let my ambassador meet yours and let our empires step forth into this new century together.
    ~King Olaf VII of Norway, Emperor Augustus II of the Holy Northsea Empire

To Thule:
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the republican government of Greenland, Ireland and other isles.
    Though we have decided to accept your claim to autonomy, we fear for the safety of your citizen and believe that working more closely together would be the best choice moving forward. We request that you receive our ambassador and that an imperial embassy to be constructed by us upon Greenland.

To Argentina:
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the esteemed Queen Camilla of Argentina
    As we both reign over recently grown Christian monarchies, I wish for friendship and collaboration between us. Accept this gift as a token of my good intentions.

Spoiler: Gift
    Show
    The letter comes with a large icon of the Virgin Mary in a bejeweled golden frame.

To Free American Republic:
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the President of the Free American Republic
    It is our firm belief that you are the legitimate continuation in the line of Presidents of the great and admirable United States of America of the past. As such we would like to revitalize the transatlantic bonds of friendship of old and profess our support to your cause.

To the People's Initiative:
    Spoiler
    Show
    To President Wilhelm Stein
    Peace and prosperity be with you. I write to you in courtesy and hope for future collaboration towards a Europe united in peace and friendship.

To Phoenix Empire:
    (Def.Esp 3)
    Spoiler
    Show
    To Her Majesty Tyria I Varanov, Phoenix Empress over all of Russia
    My dear colleague. We are both rulers of powerful empires with great military might, although I must admit your empire is a tad larger than mine. We are also neighbors. As such I see it as a necessity that we communicate and work together when it comes to our plans for the future, especially when it concerns the rest of Europe. As a first step I would like to come to a defensive agreement with you that we would aid each other in the event of any military aggression towards us that originates from outside of Europe. This agreement of course would not prevent us from lending support regarding any other endeavors. What do you say?

P.S.: If I it not too presumptuous of me to ask ask, how is your stance on our Lord Savior, Jesus Christ?

To Milano:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Although you may have abandoned us in the past as heathens savaged Rome and defiled St. Peter's Basilica, we shall forgive you for it. Providing that you will not abandon us again should the time come where we require your aid on a most righteous quest. Repent and remember our savior, Lord Jesus Christ the son of God.
    ~His Holiness Pope Alexander IX

To ERA:
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the the united Monarchs of the ERA
    In the aftermath of the death of my father and the advent of my coronation I request for a ceasefire between your kingdoms and ours. Too many have died in his need to spread Gods Holy Will by sword and fire. May we leave our borders as they are now and, in time, may this ceasefire develop into a lasting peace between these two communities of crowned rulers.

To Prussia:
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the Government of the NPPR
    I send you this message because of my belief that our recent expansions and the continued growth of our armed forces may unsettle you. For that reason I want to assure you that I do not plan on following my recent fathers policies of general expansionism, may he rest in peace. To amend any fears I declare myself willing to sign binding peace treaties between our two nations prohibiting any hostile actions between us, be they by military force, covert operations or through malign economic pressure. Inform us about your wishes regarding the extend, limits and conditions of the treaty and my ministers will hash out the details if your requests seem acceptable to us.
    Last edited by Zethex; 2013-12-02 at 12:00 PM.
    Thanks to zimmerwald1915 for giving me the random on-the-fly pic he made as an Avatar. You're awsome zimmerwald1915!

6. - Top - End - #6

Greenpeace Collective to The Ashenhold Legion (DESP: 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Good thing, because we couldn't tollerate someone who destroys the planet. While fixing the errors of our past is a good cause, unless we can stop them from happening again the problem hasn't really been stopped.

Currently we are working on some plans to take down one of the biggest threats to the world, but it is a very secret ordeal. Are you interested in aiding us?

OOC: If you'd like you can be part of a PM.

P.M.F.C to The Ashenhold Legion (DESP: 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Our prices change depending on the amount of conflict in the world, and who is in control of the P.M.F.C government. Our rates are only good for 2 turns, and currently they are at 2 t.ECON for 1 t.MIL.

P.M.F.C to The Ashenhold Legion (DESP: PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

As you are leaving the meeting with the P.M.F.C. government, you are approached by a lone man, who hands you a note

"If you are interested in getting better rates from the P.M.F.C., we can help if you can help us. Come alone." It then lists a meeting place if you wish to disscuss this further in a PM.

United States of America to Free American Republic (DESP: 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you for your support. As long as Texas is in an arms race with Mexico, we don't see any conflict starting with us.

Mexican Empire to Free Republic of Haiti (DESP: 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

We can approve of this. Would you be willing to take it one step further? War will eventually break out between the Great Mexican Empire and Texas again, will you join our side in the fight?

Milano to Hellig Nordsjoen Imperium (DESP: 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

What righteous quest? Aiding the poor is a worthy cause that many of our people do willingly and without asking, but your words make us think that you mean to start a war. We cannot aid a group that is bent on destrution, becuase through peace comes prosperity, which is good for all.

European Royal Alliance to Hellig Nordsjoen Imperium (DESP: 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

We accept your offer of peace. Hopefully we can spread this peace throughout most of the world.

Nova Prussian Republic to Hellig Nordsjoen Imperium (DESP: 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

While a treaty will be a good step, we implore you to see how your titles are going to cause your own downfall. Even now, you are going about getting treaties from every nation due to your fathers warlike ways. While you may be able to see the upsides for peace, all it takes is one bad apple to ruin the whole tree.

We will sign the treaties, but we ask that you consider throwing off your cloak of titles and re think what is right in this world.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ivy league, Morale 4

In Quebec, a heated argument is taking place.

“What the [redacted] is this, Barkley? You start a dialogue with the biggest military power on the continent and you don’t even say nothing?” Mendez was waving around a slip of paper in front of the chairman’s face, clearly furious. Considering the situation, Barkley seems to be only minimally flustered.
    “Hardly a dialogue, they contacted me. And I was about to reject their offer, it’s thinly veiled extortion. How did you get that, anyway?”
    “I gave it to him.” Commander Hostetler’s voice cut through the conversation. “I had a feeling you’d dismiss it out of hand. Wouldn’t dream of giving up any of your precious fortune. It’s not much of a deal yet, buyt we can flesh it out. I’ll pitch in some goods from the colonies, Mendez can offer them some oil, and we’lll make sure it’s a fair-“
    “Back up! I never agreed to fund this deal! Foreign relations are Barkley’s job, and he’s got more than he needs funding that pipe dream of a nuclear program!”
    Hostetler was having trouble keeping her composure with the conversation suddenly turning against her. “Dammit, Mendez, you’re supposed to be on my side! Listen, both of you, just give me some time on this, I’ll figure it out. Useless!”

Free American Republic:[mor4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    From a military standpoint, there are certainly advantages to a defensive pact with you. I’d be willing ot commit my forces to mutual defense if you pledge to do the same. As for your economic troubles, I have my own troops to feed, but I’m sure we can come to an arrangement. The southern colonies collect great amounts of scrap metal and other resources form the abandoned metropolitan areas, perhaps we could trade for some of the resources less easily acquired there. I could scrape together 2 economy to devote to a trade route aimed at expanding both our nations’ economies, if you would be willing to do the same.
    Regards,
    Commander Miriam Hostetler.

Hellig Nordsjøen Imperium and The Free Republic Of Haiti [mor4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings to my eastern and southern neighbors. I hope this message finds you well.
    The Ivy League is prospering, and the time has come to expand our horizons. With the cooperation of our three nations, we can increase and corner the trans-Atlantic trade. Haiti has developed into an economic superpower rivaling our own, and if we each contributed, say 4 economy to the effort, we could field a massive merchant fleet. Economic power is rare in western Europe, but the Imperium alone has achieved a powerful military presence without sacrificing economic viability. If you could field something in the neighborhood of 2 economy, 2 military, we’d quickly have the highest volume, most secure trade routes established, allowing our nations to prosper.
    What say you?
    Sincerely,
    Overseer Gabriel Mendez

Last edited by bigstipidfighte; 2013-12-02 at 02:47 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

DrowGirl

The council meeting:
    Takahira entered Shinobu's office full of spirit" Shinobu-sama, we should start preparations for the festival, i can't believe it, we have gone a long way since then"
    Shinobu put down his pen " Indeed, it has been a long time since the revolution but do you even remember it? You were still a crybaby... i guess not everything has changed now that i think about it. Let me finish drop these messages to the ambassador and we can be on our way".

To B.E.A.R.
    Spoiler
    Show
    To B.E.A.R. from Neo Japan
    We would like to propose an alliance with technological advancement as it's main purpose, as you may know the world has began to evolve, we are entering a new age and we must not be unprepared least our people suffer as they did in the past, unless we evolve the past will be repeated without a doubt.

To Mitsuharu Academy
    Spoiler
    Show
    To Mitsuharu Academy from Neo Japan
    We believe that having an alliance with you would benefit us both, not only do we have the same blood in our veins, we seek peace and prosperity for mankind as well,we wish to create a beautiful world and we ask for your assistance to achieve it, we eagerly await for your reply.

Morale 6

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Grim
    ESP-D 5

"The projects are on schedule, but a variable has become increasingly likely. Human's natural aggressive tendencies, coupled with their greed, make our defence increasingly difficult. An understanding must be reached with a significant military power, until the Exodus is complete."

"Possible candidate would be The Phoenix Empire. Known ties to TELEPATH, possible front for their research projects. Current ruler in non-reproductive relationship, given political and ideological climate, high probability of strong emotional attachment."

"Will send message offering use of our reproductive facilities, possible collaboration with research projects."

To The Phoenix Empress and Consort
    Spoiler
    Show

Greetings to the Phoenix Empress Tirya Varanov and Imperial Consort Talia Hunter.

We have noticed several irregularities concerning your relationship and traditional feudal and dynastic marriage customs. We have also noted that due to your relationship persisting in the political, religious and social environment that there is a high probability of strong emotional attachment.

It is common knowledge that there have been no "natural" births among our people in the last hundred and fifty years. It is within our means to create a fetus using the genetic material of two women.

Our hired Human Emotional Response Expert tells us that this comes off as insensitive. However, we are extending the offer free of any attachments, as a "good faith" gesture. Treaties and possible research collaboration talks would require additional dialogue.

Regards,

The Grim.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

The Balkanian Empire

The Great Palace of Constantinople

The two opponents watched each other carefully. Ever movement, twitch of the eye, and slow breath was noted and calmly considered. Finally the two began to blur into action, chess pieces clicking against the board in rapid succession. Finally the silence was broken by a heavy sigh from the younger man, and a soft chuckle from his senior.

"A valiant effort, my Emperor, but that is checkmate" General Cimon Kapić's voice held the barest hints of triumph and pride "I thought you had me three moves ago."

"I should have, but I misplaced my Rook on the fifteenth move" Emperor Arcturius's voice was rueful "You remain unbested Uncle."

The old general smiled humbly, taking a long sip of tea. Judging from the unfamiliar scent, it was most likely one of his rare exotic teas- an extravagant habit, but one the Emperor did not begrudge his uncle. "I've had some practice" he admitted before pushing a stack of manila folders towards the dark-haired younger man "Though I fear it is time to get down to today's business. Here is a set of foreign communiques that require your seal."

Hellig Nordsjøen Imperium
    Spoiler
    Show
    King Olaf VII of Norway, Emperor Augustus II of the Holy Northsea Empire

I would welcome a discussion of friendship between our two great nations to discuss prosperity, and the situation of the world. Choose which nation will hold this meeting, and Royal Ambassador Acacia Kapić will be there.

Emperor Arcturius the I of Imperial Balkania
    She's Shona Han. Disappearing for a hundred years just means she's had a hundred years to plan. Trying to find out what happened to her is just going to draw her attention.

Then it's a good thing Greystone can KICK REASON TO THE CURB AND GO BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE!
    - SurlySeraph

11. - Top - End - #11

Ashenhold Legion

To the Free Haitian Republic
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would gladly accept a nonaggression pact. Our current focus is on our continent, and we have little intention of interfering elsewhere in the coming months.

And we will inform you if we develop any technologies we think you may be interested in.

To the Greenpeace Collective
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would agree. That is why we have expanded our martial forces in these past decades.

And it would depend on the exact nature of the operation... Can you tell us anything more?

To the PMFC
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Anything more you can tell me? I'd rather not walk into a meeting completely unaware of what I am going to be talking about."

12. - Top - End - #12

Free Haitian Republic (DESP 7, ESP 3)

A few days after his inagural speech, Hector Durant gives another, shorter one.

"It is my fervent hope that the United States of America stay disunited. Too many times in the past, it has interfered in the sovereignty of Haiti and her sister nations. Too long has it trodden over the backs of those too weak to stop it. I am making it my official policy to discourage the unification of the former territory of the United States of America."

To the Mexican Empire
    Spoiler
    Show

We agree, on the condition that the Mexican Empire help cut down any would-be uniters of the former United States of America. We cannot allow any one of those squabbling nations reclaim the resources of the entire continent.

I'm sure you can remember the bloody history between the norte americanos and Mexico; any time America was strong, it battered your poor nation. The same kind of thing happened to Haiti. So it's logical that we ensure that it never happens again.

To the Ivy League
    Spoiler
    Show

An intriguing deal, but to be frank, what's in it for us? Promises of a return on our investment later? That is a great deal of money you require of us.

If you could give Haiti news of any deals the other American nations are planning or have offered you, that would be an acceptable trade to go with our investment. I apologize for my brusque manner, but you can understand that investing so much without a down payment or clear payoff could be... unwise, yes?

Sincerely,

President Hector Durant.

PS: I would be willing to enter into a mutual non-aggression pact with the Ivy League, no matter the outcome of this deal. I would also warn you that there are several nations upon the continent that would like to restore the old USA, and would think nothing of crushing you to reclaim the territory you hold. We would be willing to act forcefully to stop a unification, if needs be.

To the Ashenhold Empire
    Spoiler
    Show

Excellent! We assumed you had no intention of interfering in the Americas, but it never hurts to be careful.

By the way, I don't suppose you'd be willing to inform us if you decide to sell weaponry or technology to any of the other nations in North or South America? We of Haiti are making it our policy to stop the unification of the former USA, and we would like any warning you can give us. Even if you do sell secrets or weapons, we will not break the pact.

To the Free American Republic
    Spoiler
    Show

I suppose you may have already heard that we oppose a unification of the former USA? Don't take it personally, we've just been pushed around far too much to trust a united North America. Though we are not hostile to some of your intentions; perhaps we could hash out a temporary non-aggression deal?

If you're willing to accept that, perhaps you'd be willing to assist us on a small military venture later on...

Sincerely,

President Hector Durant of the Free Haitian Republic.

To the Hellig Nordsjøen Imperium
    Spoiler
    Show

Greeting to the Emperor and his Holiness,

I assume you have seen the Ivy League's offer of a merchant fleet? I feel that it could be a fool's investment; though even if it's a good deal, further discussion of the terms may be in order.

In any case, we would like to enter into a non-aggression pact with you (it never hurts to be careful), and we'd like to offer you an opportunity to liberate millions of oppressed Catholics. This opportunity could prove not only spiritually fulfilling, but lucrative as well. You know of the GILE Protectorate, correct? The vile corporate oligarchy that enslaves much of Latin America? We seek to... let's say give them a liquidation sale. If you catch my meaning, we can discuss this over a more secure line.

Sincerely,

President Hector Durant of the Free Haitian Republic.
    Last edited by RationalGoblin; 2013-12-03 at 02:26 AM.
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

13. - Top - End - #13

PMFC to Ashenhold Legion (DESP 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

The man who gave you the note is gone as fast as he appeared, so you cannot get a response. You do know that the PMFC is ruled by the strongest PMC, so you are able to reason that the man wasn't from the ruling organization.

Greenpeace Collective to Ashenhold Legion (DESP 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

We cannot talk about the details or the target, less the target gets weary. But we are planning an attack on another nation that is destroying the world as we speak. Are you willing to aid us?

14. - Top - End - #14

Ivy Leaugue, mor 4

Hellig Nordsjøen Imperium and The Free Republic Of Haiti [mor4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    All nations conduct trade, by working together we would be the most powerful force in the local market and be able to offer better quantities and security. The collective use of 10 economy, 2 military would be more efficient than if we were working against each other rather than together.

OOC: I'm suggesting we put 10 econ, 2 mil toward increasing our own Economies via trans-atlantic trade. I'm new to the game, so could you explain why(if) it's a bad idea?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

The Kingdom of Argentina
    DESP - 4

To the GILE Protectorate, Brazil, Amazonia Artificial Collective [DESP 1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings,

We wish to invite you to a conference to discuss regional affairs and global politics. (Not a PM, just fluffing it as a conference.)

- Queen Camilla Delgado of Argentina

To the the Serene Repbulic of Insularum, the Grim, the Ashenhold Legion, the Haddir Merchant Republic, and Mitsuharu Academy [DESP 2]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings,

As the leaders in cutting edge research in the modern world, I wish to personally invite each of you to a research conference being held in Argentina to discuss possible collaborations and joint research endavours. (Not a PM, just fluffing it as a conference.)

-Prince Marz Delgado, Head of the University of Argentina

To the Free Republic of Haiti [DESP 4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We agree to a non agression pact, and perhaps in the future a full mutual defensive pact might be possible as well. We are not as concerned with the GILE as you apparently are. But there are plenty of other potentially hostile powers in the world.

To the Hellig Nordsjøen Imperium [DESP 4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We thank you for this gift, and hope that our two countries can maintain friendship and work together in the future.

16. - Top - End - #16

NinjaGuy

To the GILE Protectorate, Brazil, Kingdom of Argentina [DESP 1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll attend. We are interested in improving the bonds between our nations.

TOTAL WAR WIKI: Come out and play
    http://totalwar-mechanicsrepository.wikispaces.com/

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Grim

To the The Kingdom of Argentina, The Serene Repbulic of Insularum, the Ashenhold Legion, the Haddir Merchant Republic, and Mitsuharu Academy
    (ESP-D 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

We will attend the conference, however the bulk of our resources are tied up in the Exodus Project. We are interested in possible group projects after it has been achieved however.

Sage Tal'Drus

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

The People Initiative
    DESP: 7

President Stein was trying to relax in his office, and so far failed remarkably. To think such an event would happen under his term... Anyway. The situation was here. He had to be the one who delt with it. His reflections were interupted by the characteristic sound of the A.O X contacting him. With a small sigh, the politician answered.
    +++PRESI-DENT STEIN. THE RE-SULTS OF THE VOTA-TION HA-VE BEEN CALCULA-TED+++, said the computer in its synthesized voice. Stein sighed again, feeling the weight of every years of his life.
    "And what did the People chose, Referendum?", the old man asked. +++62.7 PER-CENTS WE-RE FAVORA-BLE. THE MO-TION PASS-ED.++++. "Very well. I better get going, then". the President of the Initiative reached for the computer he used to communicate with the outside world, but he stopped mid-motion. "Are you sure of your predictions, Referendum? Is there really not a chance to avoid it?"
    ++ YES. IT WAS THE SAME AS BACK THEN. BEFORE THE FALL OF THE WORLD+++. "In that case", Stein said, grim-faced, and began to type. "There is no hesitation..."

To The Balkanian Empire (DESP:5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    To: Emperor Arcturius
    Greetings, your Majesty.

As you know, the People Initiative had predicted the events that led to the destruction of the national Superpowers of the turn of the Millenium. None of the other nations listened to our warnings, resulting in their ruins while we remained mostly untouched by it.

I regret the fact that I have to announce today: The World is once again in peril. Our experts are certain of this. As you read these lines, many countries around the globe are gathering their strength, ready to jump on their neighbors at the first sign of vulnerability. And these destructive ambitions will leave the World in the same state as the Fall of the UN did: ruins and ashes.

To avoid this fate, the People Initiative invites all of the European and Mediterranean powers to unite and sign a treaty of mutual defense and non-aggression. With an united front, we will survive. By being a rock, we will stand against the sand.

With all my respect, and in hope of our collaboration, I, on behalf of the People Initiative, wish you and your Empire a radiant future.

President Willheim Stein

To the Hellig Nordsjøen Imperium (Def.Esp 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

To:King Olaf VII of Norway, Emperor Augustus II of the Holy Northsea Empire

First and foremost, allow me to wish back peace and prosperity to your Majesty. Be assured that the People Initiative has peace as its most important goal.

And it is of this that I absolutly need to talk to your Majesty. I have grim news.

As you know, the People Initiative had predicted the events that led to the destruction of the national Superpowers of the turn of the Millenium. None of the other nations listened to our warnings, resulting in their ruins while we remained mostly untouched by it.

I regret the fact that I have to announce today: The World is once again in peril. Our experts are certain of this. As you read these lines, many countries around the globe are gathering their strength, ready to jump on their neighbors at the first sign of vulnerability. And these destructive ambitions will leave the World in the same state as the Fall of the UN did: ruins and ashes.

To avoid this fate, the People Initiative invites all of the European and Mediterranean powers to unite and sign a treaty of mutual defense and non-aggression. With an united front, we will survive. By being a rock, we will stand against the sand.

The People Initiative is ready to work forward with all of the involved nation. We hope yours will be a part of it.

With all my respect, I, on behalf of the People Initiative, wish you a radiant furure.

President Wilhem Stein

To the European Royal Alliances (DESP: 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Your Majesties.

Allow me to address you, on behalf of the People Initiative, our most respectful salutations and our sincerest wishes for your prosperity.

Your Majesties, Europa is in peril. No, it is inexact. The World is in peril. As you read these lines, the greedy and opportunistic new superpowers have foolishly turned their heads toward their future preys. Soon, they will attack.

And soon, we will be ready to recieve them.

As you know, the People Initiative had predicted the events that led to the destruction of the national Superpowers of the turn of the Millenium. None of the other nations listened to our warnings, and it tooks more than a centuries to repair the damages, for the ones that, like our nations, survived.

But our expert have confirmed it, with perfect accuracy: War will happen soon, and this time, our countrie, despite our capacities, may no survive it.

To avoid this fate, the People Initiative invites all of the European and Mediterranean powers to unite and sign a treaty of mutual defense and non-aggression. With an united front, we will survive. By being a rock, we will stand against the sand. It is the time to act, and to act rightly.

With hope of a fructuous collaboration,

President Wilhem Stein

To the Federal Republic of Milano (DESP: 5)

Spoiler
    Show

To:The President and the Prime Ministre

Gentlemen, the hour is grave.

Our experts are certain of it: War will soon errupt, and it will tear the fragile stability of the World appart. This time, we will not resist it alone.

As you know, the People Initiative had predicted the events that led to the destruction of the national Superpowers of the turn of the Millenium. None of the other nations listened to our warnings, and they paid the cost.

To avoid this fate, the People Initiative invites all of the European and Mediterranean powers to unite and sign a treaty of mutual defense and non-aggression. With an united front, we will survive. By being a rock, we will stand against the sand

With all my hope for a mutual agreement between our countries,

President Wilhem Stein, on behalf of the People Initiative

To the Arabic Federation of Egypt (DESP: 3)
    Spoiler
    Show

As you know, the People Initiative had predicted the events that led to the destruction of the national Superpowers of the turn of the Millenium. None of the other nations listened to our warnings, and they sank pitifully, while the Initiative remained afloat.

Today, everything point out that the World will soon be teared appart by petty wars, only because of the foolishness of greedy and corrupts governments.

To avoid History to repeat, the People Initiative invites all of the European and Mediterranean powers to unite and sign a treaty of mutual defense and non-aggression. With an united front, we will survive. By being a rock, we will stand against the sand

Will you stand with us, or be blown by the wind?

President Wilhem Stein, on behalf of the People Initiative
    Last edited by le Suisse; 2013-12-03 at 02:11 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

Ivy League[mor 4]

Quebec hosts another showdown between the leaders of the Ivy League.
    “What’s the meaning of this?! League fleets sailing south past New York?! Have you lost your mind Hostetler?” This time around it appears to be Barkley’s turn to yell about Hostetler’s political faux pas.

“The world needs to be reminded our military might has not failed. We are being overlooked by the international community, but no more. These fleets are a message. I’ll blockade Argentina, their conference will be not be allowed, no lives will be lost, and they’ll not snub us in the future.” Hostetler sounds s if she’s rehearsed her argument pretty well.

“Blockade Argentina? You’ll pass through Haitian waters just to get there! This will get us attention, sure, but not respect! We’ll have an army on our doorstep in no time!”

“Fleet movements aren’t your department, Barkley. I’ve made my decision.”

“It’s my department if you’re risking war with half a dozen other nations to prove a point!”

Mendez chimes in for the first time. “This affects me too! You can’t just send all our forces south! The oil rigs need protecting, not to mention shipping lines, trade routes…”

Barkley seems encouraged by Mendez’ backup. “Look, I’m just as upset about this as you are. Ivy League science programs have come a long way, and looking to the future we’re obviously going to be important members of the scientific community. Just let me handle this diplomatically.”

“Fine. I’ll tell the fleets to hold off New York, but make sure you don’t let Argentina push you around. I want to see a copy of that letter before you send it out. Make it angry.”

Kingdom or Argentina
    [mor 4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is an outrage! A gathering of the world’s greatest scientific minds, and the Ivy League is not invited to attend? We demand representation at his conference, an equal voice and equal consideration! We might not be the greatest scientific force in the world today, but we are certainly among the fastest-growing and best funded.

-Chairman Barkley of the Ivy League
    Last edited by bigstipidfighte; 2013-12-03 at 01:23 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

The Serene Republic of Insularum DESP - 3
    The Republican Senate - Ministers' Council Chamber[/B]

While many would think that a dawn meeting was unusual, the Ministerial Council was bound by law to waste no sunlight in their work, and as such, were seated around the conference table as the first rays of the Sun began to shine through the stained glass windows. The Minister for Agriculture would not be attending, delayed by matters in Hawaii. The dawn silence was broken by the First Minister:
    "All in favour of sanctioning Minister Johnson?"
    "With all due respect Mr. First Minister, Minister Johnson returned from Hawaii one hour ago and I ordered him to rest. I accept full responsibility for his non-attendance this morning."
    "Claire... You promised me when you married him that you would keep him in line. This is the seventh time this year he's been kept 'busy'." This was the difficulty of allowing high ranking government officials to marry, even if they were elected.
    "Well Vickie, it's too late now. Besides, you know he does a good job."
    The other ministers took this as a sign that today's meeting would be an informal one and several began to read reports and newspapers, one even putting his feet up on the conference table. At that moment, an unassuming aide entered the room and whispered in the First Minister's ear before leaving.
    "Feet off the table Joe, I'm sending you to Argentina."
    "Argentina? Wouldn't it be better to send a diplomat?"
    "Nonsense. We've been invited. That, and you're the closest thing we have to a Minister for Foreign Affairs."
    "I'm in charge of education, isn't that completely different?"
    "It's not too far from it. Plus, you speak Spanish, don't you?
    "Now, onto other matters..."

To the Kingdom of Argentina, The Grim, the Ashenhold Legion, the Haddir Merchant Republic and Mitsuharu Academy - DESP: 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    To His Royal Highness Prince Marz of Argentina,
    We are flattered by your invitation and wish to inform you that we accept. Hopefully it will be the perfect opportunity to discuss joint research projects that will benefit us all. Minister Joseph Townsend will be attending along with his personal assistant.
    Yours in trust,
    Victoria Jardine, First Minister of Insularum.

To B.E.A.R - DESP: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the Democratically Elected Government of the Banded Eastern Archipelago Republic,
    The Senate of Insularum wishes to extend greetings to our neighbour and offer the hand of friendship.
    However, in these times, pleasantries must so often be discarded in favour of more practical concerns. As you are no doubt aware, the vast majority of the islands to your South have been seized by various pirate groups. While this is a clear affront to all that civilised nations stand for, it is more immediately a danger to both our territorial sovereignties and a clear obstacle to the expansion of our economies.
    We would make plans to remove the pirates ourselves, but we lack the resources to do so and are aware of your territorial claims in the area. Thus, we wish for your input as to how best to proceed.
    Yours in trust,
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

The Eternally Perfected and Felicitous Empire of Tianxia [Def Esp 6]

The Seven Sovereigns and Nine Brothers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings and salutation from your kindred brother, sovereign of Tianxia.

In former times, the people of the middle kingdom exerted great influence over many lands, binding them together in strength and disciplin for the achievement of mighty goals. While undoubtedly effective, such methods are not the methods of Tianxia, nor are they proper between those who should be friends.

We would like to lay down a foundation on which a friendship might in time be built. We hold no illusions that you will think this gesture selfless, for we have great need of allies on the turbulent storm that surrounds us.

To this end, please consider our offer for a special economic zone to allow our two economies to become more closely interlinked. We promise to show full restraint to prevent the dominance of any one of your nations by this arrangement and pray that you will also be diligent in pointing out our failings. As iron sharpens iron, so may we sharpen each other.

Kingdom of Korea
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the most glorious and gracious King of Korea and the excellent and eminent Dia'Dya family,

I extend the greetings of the Meritorious Sovereign of Immaculate Virtue. Our people have enjoyed, and at times not enjoyed, a long history of cooperation and interaction. We believe it best, in light of the uncertainty of these complex times, to affirm a relationship of peace and mutual prosperity between our celestial empire and your great kingdom.

We would like to establish a treaty of peace and non-violence with you, and to cooperate on joint research and economic projects. Our initial consideration would be for the establishment of an integrated research university system to allow a free flow of ideas of collaboration between the best and brightest minds we both have produced.

We await your response.

North Asia Liberation Front
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the those of North Asia who work toward the political and cultural autonomy of the region, greetings.

We have given careful consideration the map of the world and seen the strength of the European Continent growing. Where before they were forced to band together to remain relevant on the international stage, now they are again attaining to position of imperial ambition. In such circumstances it seems proper to make plain our intentions. We do, and cannot, support methods of terror or tactics which violate the ethical dictates of our people.

However, we are not entirely unsympathetic to your goals. Therefore, we would like to establish an agreement of mutual respect between our celestial empire and your organization. We will each refrain from espionage and military actions between each other and thereby ensure a state of immaculate harmony between our peoples. Furthermore, should it come to pass that technology or international information of interest to our celestial empire should come into your possession, we would be willing to negotiate payment for it.

B.E.A.R
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the honorable and innovative government of the Banded Eastern Archipelago Republic from the Meritorious Sovereign of Immaculate Virtue, greetings.

We see that your nation is an example of the failings of our own, endowed with great prosperity and knowledge for the betterment of your people. We would like to cultivate a relationship of mutual progress and prosperity with you in the hope of advancing both our noble peoples in this modern age.

To establish perpetual unity against all troubles is best.
    To establish treaties of peace and friendship is second best.

To bring forth perfect unity of communication and discourse is best.
    To bring forth an integrated relationship between our brightest minds and yours is second best.

In an imperfect world, we are willing to settle for second best. Would you be interested in such things?

(OOC: Joint Econ/Tech project to give us a bonus to further econ/tech projects that we both participate in)

The Realm of the Refugee
    Spoiler
    Show
    To they who have opened their homes and hearts to the multitudes, from the heirs of the middle kingdom, greetings.

Yours are a vast and great union of many people's but the prosperity that is the right of all people has not yet been achieved. Though your wealth of happiness is bountiful, we cannot help but ache for the other suffering that still exists.

We would like to work together for the establishment of a zone of mutual economic interest for the purpose of promoting the growth of both of our economies so that in a spirit of partnership and unity we can both advance together into the future. In addition, we wish to propose an agreement of peace and friendship between our nations so as to prevent the fires of war form again descending on our lands.

India
    Spoiler
    Show
    To Aadhaya Saini, from the Meritorious Sovereign of Immaculate Virtue:

In these turbulent times, it seems prudent for all nations to be sure of their neighbors. To that end we would like to open negotiations for the sake of both of our peoples to ensure peace and prosperity shall endure in our time.

Neo Japan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings to the High Council of Neo Japan, from the Meritorious Sovereign of Immaculate Virtue.

We would like to promote peace and friendship among all the nations of Asia, who have suffered greatly for many centuries. We wish to enter into an agreement of alliance and mutual economic and technological cooperation to create an environment which fully utilize the natural and human capital available to solve the worlds many problems. To that end, we are undertaking numerous programs to alleviate poverty and promote increased access to information.

Would you be interested in partnering with us in this effort?

Mitsuharu Academy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings to the Mitsuharu Academy from the Meritorious Sovereign of Immaculate Virtue.

We would like to promote peace and friendship among all the nations of Asia, who have suffered greatly for many centuries. We wish to enter into an agreement of alliance and mutual economic and technological cooperation to create an environment which fully utilize the natural and human capital available to solve the worlds many problems. To that end, we are undertaking numerous programs to alleviate poverty and promote increased access to information.

Would you be interested in partnering with us in this effort?
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

To the Ivy Leage [DESP 4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    To Chairman Barkley of the Ivy League

I apologize for any offense I may have inadvertenly caused. I simply sent my invitations to countries which housed the most preeminent scientists currently involved in modern science. The conference is however an open one, and if you are indeed trying to raise your own scientific standards you are free to send a representative to attend.

-Prince Marz Delgado,
    Head of the University of Argentina

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

The Serene Republic of Insularum DESP:- 3

To The Grim - Desp: 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the Leadership of The Grim,
    Though we are likely to disagree on many points of philosophy, we share the end goal of one day leaving the Earth behind and seeking our fortunes among the heavens. Thus we propose an agreement, an alliance if you will, based around the sharing of technology relevant to the exploration and colonisation of space.
    We understand if the differences between our peoples are irreconcilable, but the achievement of our shared goal should not be delayed by mere physical and societal difference.
    Yours in trust,
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Grim
    ESP-D 5

To The Serene Republic of Insularum DESP:- 3
    Spoiler
    Show

Our main problems with humanity is the almost chronic violence and greed. We have no issue with cooperating with you to achieve Exodus faster.

As for philosophical differences, we hold that free will, so long as it does not harm the collective, is paramount. Ones choices are the only things that can truly be said to belong to us in life or death, and choice must be a balance between personal freedom, mutual understanding, interconnected responsibility, and wisdom.

OOC; The Grim are semi-anarchist, placing great respect on personal choices, but asking that they be tempered not to adversely affect others. It's why they don't wage aggressive war, as they find aggression against their moral code. Defensive fighting on the other hand is fine.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25

NinjaGuy

Amazonian Artificial Collective
    Hermes sat at the top of the tree, watching the wildlife around him.

An anaconda was getting slowly close to a capybara, that was drinking water close to the river.

Hermes felt a signal reaching him, and opened his messages. The artificial screen in his artificial cortex showed him all the reports of the Collective diplomats, all around the world. He had little reception there, and only some messages reached him. but he knew he had the whole package waiting at home.

He read some of the messages. Routine stuff, mostly. But some of them were worrying, indeed.

He touched the tip of his right ear, starting his Codec. He called his assistant, Hernandez.

"Hernandez, it's me. I received the report on the meeting. I'll send you a name list of the people I need there when I get home."

The anaconda fell on the capybara, and crushed it with its strenght. Hermes turned to leave, and started to jump from tree to tree, to go home.

"That poor thing never knew what hit it"

26. - Top - End - #26

GILE Protrectorate to Amazonia Artificial Collective, Brazil, The Kingdom of Argentina (DESP: 1)
    Spoiler
    Show

We would be happy to attend. Any peace deal will help grow our profits. I would like to have a disscussion on the North American wars that will undoubtably start again, and how each of our South American neighbors views their continual border conflict.

Brazil to Amazonia Artificial Collective, Brazil, The Kingdom of Argentina (DESP: 1)
    Spoiler
    Show

We shall attend.

Haddir Merchant Republic to the Serene Repbulic of Insularum, the Grim, the Ashenhold Legion, the Kingdom of Argentina, and Mitsuharu Academy [DESP 2]
    Spoiler
    Show

The Haddir merchants will send a representitive. We are hoping to begin researching resource manipulation, or a way to turn one material into another. It would be a long process, but we believe with aid it is attainable in a few years.

Haddir Merchant Republic to The Kingdom of Argentina (DESP: 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

We also would like to have a personal disscussion with you about another unrelated matter if you have the time (a PM)

European Royal Alliance to The People Initiative (DESP: 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes, war will happen, and making a prediction that it will happen isn't a great one. We cannot sign such a broad treaty, as some of those invovled we have long standing and fundemental problems to solve before such a thing can be signed.

Milano to The People Initiative (DESP: 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

This idea of a large block of allied nations to help keep the peace seems like a great idea! You can count Milano among those willing to sign the treaty.

Arabic Federation of Egypt to The People Initiative (DESP: 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

We could be convinced to brought into such an alliance, but we think we will need more than a blanket non-aggression and mutual defense. We believe we will need a council structure like that of the old UN, where we can help solve problems through council and diplomacy.

Seven Sovereigns and Nine Brothers to The Empire of Tianxia (DESP: 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

We do like this idea, but we would need some method of making sure there is full restraint. While we do trust Tianxia, we have also seen brothers break a promise.

Kingdom of Korea to The Empire of Tianxia (DESP: 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

We can agree to this joint university, and the non-violence treaty you seek. We ask the university be between our boarders to help foster that peace.

North Asia Liberation Front to The Empire of Tianxia (DESP: 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Your attitude seems a bit unscenciere to us. Eastern China has not had a history of enslavement and oppression. Our methods are the only effective way for a small group to keep would be conquerers away.

We can agree to the mutual respect, but if we are to sell some technology to the Celestial Empire, we will need a contract and vow that you will not hand the information over to the great enemy.

We must also ask, if you develop a technology that interests the Liberation fighters, are you willing to sell it to us?

Realm of the Refugee to The Empire of Tianxia (DESP: 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

We can agree to these pacts. We are needing more commerce to boost our always dwindling economy.
    Last edited by HerbieRAI; 2013-12-03 at 05:23 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

DESP 7

Reply to the Ivy League
    Spoiler
    Show

The terms of this deal have been debated by Congress and we have decided to accept the deal. I look forward to other mutually beneficial arrangements.

Sincerely,

President James Smith

Reply to Hellig Nordsjøen Imperium
    Spoiler
    Show

On behalf of the Free American Republic, I thank you for your support. The value of friends and allies are always overlooked, but not by us.

Sincerely,

President James Smith

Reply to Free Haitian Republic
    Spoiler
    Show

We are aware that you are opposed to our cause of rebuilding the United States of America and I will say that we do not plan any harm to you unless provoked. Currently our economy is lacking to say the least and if anyone is to be attacked for economic gain, it would be Texas for their oil. You have no need to worry about us.

Sincerely,

President James Smith
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account
    Fairy Tail OC avatar by: your truly

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Manuel Lago walks down a long isle to a stadium stand. As he arrives he sets his papers down atop it, and takes a deep breath.

“Today I am here to speak, not of celebration, but of our progression. In this world that is ridden with war, and blood we exist. We have all endured turmoil, suffering, and tears. We have had the worse conflicts in centuries, but even through all of that we survived. We persevered. We progressed!

We did not flee from the conflicts the world presented us, we embraced them. We never gave up, even though the great losses of our land, and families, we kept fighting. We kept moving forward through the bloody rivers, and from that we became strong.

Yet it was not from the fighting we became strong, it was not due to the bloodshed, or the wars. It was the element of conflict that caused us to march forward. While it came in its worse form we endured it, we used its flames to fuel our advancement into this new age!

Even today we indulge in great conflict so that we may continuously progress, but conflict does not need to senselessly shed blood, and take lives. Conflict can be as simple from differing ideologies, debate. It is from this disunity that we are able to unite and create great marvels.

Conflict comes in many forms, and some may cause more pain than others, but even still we shall move pass that pain. We will progress into the new age!”

Manuel steps down, and the crowd erupts in cheers.

To Neo Japan: DESP 5
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the resilient government of Neo Japan, from the Banded Eastern Archipelago Republic’s head of Public Affairs Manuel Lago, greetings.

We of B.E.A.R. would like to inquire the details of the technological treaty you have in mind, as we are interested, yet we are not ones to commit to something without proper details.

Also, for the progression of our two nations, B.E.A.R. would like to extend the offer of a non-aggression pact, and trade agreement between our two nations.

To Mitsuharu Academy: DESP 5
    Spoiler
    Show
    To my old friend, and current headmaster of Mitsuharu Academy, Yuma Mitsuharu, from an Academy Alumni Karen Beecher representing the Banded Eastern Archipelago Republic, hello.

I would like to begin by congratulating you on behalf of the entire nation of B.E.A.R. for upholding a university that continuously strides for progression, and advancement. We are glad to be your neighbors in this world, and would like to continue good relations with you and your students.

We of B.E.A.R. would like to show our support for your academy by extending an offer of a mutual defense treaty.

Yet we understand if you do not wish to take that offer, and would also like to present the option of a non-aggression treaty between our nations.

We would also like to extend the offer of a trade, and research treaty between our nations, in which we would undertake certain projects together so that both our lands would benefit, as well as opening a larger goods trade between our two nations.

I hope that you, your students, and your academy continue to be an exemplar of human progression.

To The Serene Republic of Insularum: DESP 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the determined Governing Party of the Serene Republic of Insularum, from the Banded Eastern Archipelago Republic’s head of Military and Strategy Juzo Okita, hello.

We of B.E.A.R. are honored that you kept our old territory in thought, and contacted us before you did anything. We thank you for that.

However, you are correct that this is no time for pleasantries, and B.E.A.R. does recognize the threat and hindrance that the pirate territory brings to both our lands. However we do not possess the resources to directly deal with them.

Our thoughts on the matter is that we would have to slowly diffuse the band of pirates, or set them up against each other so that their military might would diminish. We see no quick solution to this within our current grasp, and are willing to assist if you have a better plan in mind.

Also, please know that since we cannot offer much, if we are to successfully able to be rid of the pirate situation we only ask for open passage through the land, and the three small islands to our east so that we may improve our trade routes.

To The Realm of Refugees: DESP 5
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the honorable governing party of the Realm of Refugees, from the Banded Eastern Archipelago Republic’s head of Public Affairs Manuel Lago, hello.

We commend your large hearts for offering shelter to those who had lost it, and we are humbled to the commitment you have shown to all your people. It is from your perseverance that the people of B.E.A.R. would like to establish a trade agreement between our two lands so that we may both progress together.

With our nations both progressing together, we would also like to ensure that senseless bloodshed shall never arise between us, so we of B.E.A.R. would like to offer a peace and non-aggression agreement between our lands.

The Eternally Perfected and Felicitous Empire of Tianxia: DESP 5
    Spoiler
    Show
    To the Meritorious Sovereign of Immaculate Virtues from the Banded Eastern Archipelago Republic’s head of Research and Development Karen Beecher, Salutations.

We of B.E.A.R. honored to receive your compliment, and your offers of invitation. It is brings us all great joy to know that we are not the only ones wishing to progress the world into its next stage. Yet, we must disagree with your best, in the eyes of our people it is the second best, for progress does not come from unity, but from conflict. Conflict is the driving force that makes all humans progress, it is from our motivation to persevere we advance. That being said, B.E.A.R. does not take part in the common belief that conflict must bring forth blood, or tears. It can be as simple as differing ideals, and thought processes working together as a unit, but their own separate entities at the same time. It is from this imperfect unity that the greatest thoughts come from; it is there that the next step forward shall be taken.

So with this in mind we intend to take the best, yet for your belief the second best. We hope the differing values from both our greatest minds shall empower our two noble nations to progress into the next stage. Yet I would like to ensure that our people progress together, so I ask you that we add an additional amendment to this, neither of our nations would be allowed to sell or trade anything made from this treaty without the others consent.

We also plan to take the best for both our people, since it is from mindless bloodshed where we stagnate, focusing only on slaying those in front of us. With our might combined I believe we can avoid this.

In this imperfect world we look forward to seeing the progression of our people, and of humanity.

((OOC: I am happy to join in on a join Tech/Econ alliance, project varying of course and happy to join you in a mutual defense treaty. At least that is how I read your first options)

To The Kingdom of Korea: DESP 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    To honorable Royal Family of Dia’Dya, from Banded Eastern Archipelago Republic’s head of Public Affairs Manuel Lago, hello.

We of B.E.A.R. would like to commend your perseverance through these many years of turmoil.

We would like to see both our nations progress in this new world together, and extend the offer of a trade agreement, and a non-aggression treaty between our nations.
    Last edited by Honorbound; 2013-12-03 at 06:18 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Kingdom of Argentina

Spoiler: South American Regional Conference (DESP 1)
    Show
    We thank you all for accepting our invitation and attending this conference. We have several topics we wish to discuss here, and we welcome any topics from the rest of you, such as GILE's discussion of the North American border wars.

First we would like to discuss the global economy. Each of us here is a major economic power in our own right, something which I am sure you are all aware. Something you may not be aware of is that together we control more 10% of the global economy (by my calculations anyway.) Although individually we are all quite capable of growing an prospering. We believethat it is possible to gain an even larger share and bring prosperity and profits to our nations by working together. We propose a set of trade agreements which favor each other and also a series of mutually beneficial projects to strengthen economic areas which we may individually be week in. (Basically contributing econ to a joint economic project. I'm kind of assuming this is possible since it is with tech. Let me know if I'm wrong please.)

Our second point is related to our first. With our vibrant economies we are a target for competitors. And some of them are likely to be willing to use force, unfortunately are miliatries do not match our economic strength. None of us here are necessarily weak, but we can all agree that we are also not in the ranks of the military giants in the world. As such an additional mutual defensive pact would be beneficial to protect any gains we make from more intensive trading. Perhaps also international war games to benefit cohesion, but the details of that can wait.

Finally we come to international relations. We of the Kingdom of Argentina are currently taking a neutral position with the North American countries. As long as they keep their conflict within their own borders, then we have no opinion on their dispute. On the other hand should they form a regional bloc we would not be opposed to it so long as they were not hostile to us. The same sort of thinking applies in our views of the rest of the world as well. We believe that the world is currently undergoing a period of upheaval, and the political landscape is still taking shape. As long as foreign countries are not hostile to us, we see no reason to interfere. At least not yet. We project that within five years regional blocs will have formed as various countries solidify alliances or finish wars with their neighbors. These regional blocs will then turn to the rest of the world. That is the point at which a more active role in global politics will be needed.

It's also why we called this conference. We see no reason why one of those regional alliances can't be composed of the four of us. And this conference is our attempt to lay the foundations for such an alliance.

Spoiler: To the Haddir Merchant Republic (DEPS 4)
    Show
    Excellent, then we will see your representative there. In fact send them early and we can have that private meeting. (PM accepted)

30. - Top - End - #30

NinjaGuy

Amazonia Artificial Collective [AAC]

South american Regional Conference (D-Esp 1)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are glad to hear these words. We, the Amazonia people, have much to give to this alliance, both in terms of materials and technology.

May we suggest that the economical aspect of this alliance focuses in regional industrial capabilities for now?

We believe that neutrality is the best choice for now. But let us make it clear to our neighbours that we will not tolerate turmoil in our lands.

Spoiler
    Show
    I.E: We spend Econ to gain more Econ, by producing more materials.