New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXVIII

Wintry Palace

Tep shrugs. It's not his place to judge.
    Behind the door his a short staircase leading down.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Wolf Glade

Keen ears might pick up the sound of footsteps, a small group of people, maybe three, approaching from the south. The intruders move like shadows through the concealing undergrowth, moving from beehind one tree to the next without ever giving the two werewolves a good look at them; Only the glimmer of light reflected on metal.

But, strangely, whoever these intruders are... They smell like werewolves themselves.
    Therlynn stops moving, and shouts to the people she can smell in the trees, "OK, I know you're there! And I know you smell like werewolves, but if you were, you wouldn't be hiding! So I'm going to ask you to kindly not try to do something you'll regret!"

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Therlynn stops moving, and shouts to the people she can smell in the trees, "OK, I know you're there! And I know you smell like werewolves, but if you were, you wouldn't be hiding! So I'm going to ask you to kindly not try to do something you'll regret!"
    Ezra looks around, worried.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Walking to Inside]

Amelia listens frowning a bit. "Yikes that sounds like a big mess. It sucks when a mission goes wrong like that I guess. Not that I have ever really been on a mission really. You need someone to assign you a mission, I always choose my stupid adventures myself.

So what about you? How did you handle the guilt?"
    Amelia asks a bit tentatively, trying to sound understanding.
    [Walking to Inside]

"...I just sorta suppressed it, I guess. Tried to just wash it away through work. I ended up going back and helping the medical teams there too..." Yuki shrugs, letting his breath out slowly. "I'm probably still not really over it. Just trying to cope, I guess..."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Troll in the Playground

Melody's Island

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Melody's Island- Happy & Magtok

((Yup, Happy got the name right. ))

At hearing her own momma's voice, Melody begins to awaken. M-momma? I'm so- she takes a breath, somewhere between a yawn and an inhale. -tired.

Lyanna looks up at Happy, then back to where her momma is. A bad man took Estia away. she says, looking back and forth between the two, wanting to tell them both. But don't worry. Reinholdt and Miss Quinn went after him. she says confidently.

Desperate to get to her remaining child, Jezebelle begins pulling at what looks to be a loose rock. Just a moment, baby. Derek and I will be right there.

Derek will find a little space at the top, but not enough to immediately crawl through. Perhaps if he shifted some of the smaller rocks.

Happy kisses Melody on the forehead. "It's okay, hon. Lyanna's taking good care of you. I'll be right back."

As much as her maternal instincts are screaming at her to stay with Melody, she knows Jezebelle is suffering even more, with one daughter missing and a barrier keeping her from the other. And shapeshifting is an excellent tool for shifting rubble.

Then she pauses. Lyanna has no doubt seen her shapeshift before. But the thing she's doing now is much more extreme than growing wings or stretching an arm to reach something on a high shelf. She might end up completely unrecognizeable as a human. "Lyanna, I'm going to do some crazy shapeshifting to help your momma through. It'll look kind of ugly, but it doesn't hurt, and I'll be back to normal in a few minutes."

She places her hands on the rocks and has her fingers extend like roots, searching for crevices to grow between. Once she has found a likely spot, she'll force more mass into the "roots" and push rocks aside, being careful to support what she's doing to prevent any further collapse.

If she succeeds in making an entry for Derek and Jezebelle, it's quite likely that her entire body will be incorporated into the effort.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2014-02-01 at 12:27 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post

Western Ghost Town

Krayger leaves most of the items on the desk.
    "Here's stuff for the lamp. You can take the knick-knacks if you want. Place seemed to have some crime problems, but that's not much of a clue. How good are you with locks? This could have something important, like a gun or a set of master keys. The drawer is metal, but the desk isn't. I could probably just smash it." he suggests. Most human furniture is not built with marauding seven-foot bovines in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Western Ghost Town

"Locks cooperate with me," Denise says. She places a finger on the lock and feels. She should be able to feel the tumblers, and be able to manipulate them into the proper configuration with her metallokinesis.

That is to say, Denise has metal control for a super power and is trying to use it to unlock the desk.

Western Ghost Town

The lock is unfortunately not as well oiled as the cage bars are, and grinds as the power exerts force on it. With enough time and effort, she'll eventually get the tumblers to stick open and the lock to turn.

The drawer comes unlocked, and the presence in the air seems to thicken as night finally rests heavily on their shoulders. Shadows flickering of their own accord out of the corners of their eyes only becoming still when seen head on.

Whether they open the drawer now is up to them.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ogre in the Playground

Western Ghost Town

"Want me to light this thing? My coat's gotten thick enough to keep me warm and I can see in the dark rather well, so it'll mostly be for you."
    asks the minotaur, who lets the drawer-opening be the woman's decision.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Dwarf in the Playground

Western Ghost Town

"Oof, it got dark fast. Yeah, light it; I don't think I have a light on me." And then Denise will certainly open the drawer.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Walking to Inside]

Amelia nods, "How long ago was this? If you don't mind me asking." Her tone suggests she understands. She has dealt with plenty of guilt herself. Or rather worked hard to get to a point where she can ignore any guilt.

================

[Melody's Island]

Derek starts trying to shift the rocks around so he might be able to get through. "Jezebelle I think I can get through up here." Of course that is before Happy starts to shift around the rocks. Derek will probably have to scramble back out of the rocks when she does that.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Western Ghost Town

"Want me to light this thing? My coat's gotten thick enough to keep me warm and I can see in the dark rather well, so it'll mostly be for you."
    asks the minotaur, who lets the drawer-opening be the woman's decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Western Ghost Town

"Oof, it got dark fast. Yeah, light it; I don't think I have a light on me." And then Denise will certainly open the drawer.

Western Ghost Town

One does not often have the unique displeasure of being present for the sounds and smells of rotting flesh being torn open by the pressure of its own internal gas bloating, but if Krayger and Denise had to put a name to it, the unsettlingly fluid noise and sudden burst of nauseating fumes emanating from the drawer would certainly be a very close mimicry.

Completely at odds with the sounds of light clanking metal that the two heard from inside while it was shut, the drawer is filled to the brim with fresh, unclotted blood that gently sloshes as the drawer slides, not quite coming up over the sides as its surface tension just barely holds it in its container.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Ogre in the Playground

Western Ghost Town

Krayger is, rather amusingly, completely unfazed. Eh, it's a bad sign to be sure, but he's seen worse in wizard's towers and Earl dungeons. He looks at it through his glasses just to make sure it isn't any ghostly/magic/psionic/whatever trickery.
    "Well, that's a thing. I would suggest not lighting the lamp if everything here is going to do things like this."

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Dwarf in the Playground

Western Ghost Town

Denise steps back, crinkling her nose in disgust. She looks at it... and at first she looks like she's going to be sick. Then she says four words.

"I need my helmet."

She turns around and marches out of the jail, toward her bike and the helmet with it.

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Ezra looks around, worried.
    The movement between the trees halts.

A man wearing chainmail steps out into the clearing, crossbow held at the ready and aimed at Therlynn. The nocked bolt is silver and barbed, leaving no question to it's a purpose, a weapon meant specifically for werewolves.

"I won't speak with you, not as mutts. Take human form, now, and this will end better." Hannod calls, still keeping as much distance from the girls as the clearing will allow. His free hand rests on the pommel of a sword slung to his belt.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-02-02 at 01:06 AM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Walking to Inside]

Amelia nods, "How long ago was this? If you don't mind me asking." Her tone suggests she understands. She has dealt with plenty of guilt herself. Or rather worked hard to get to a point where she can ignore any guilt.
    [Walking to Inside]

"It was... about 4 months ago, I think?" Yuki smiles softly at Amelia. "And no, I really don't mind your questions. It kinda nice, being able to talk about your own issues when you normally just listen to others'."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Walking to Inside]

"Yikes, still pretty raw then I imagine. Time will help." There it is clear that she is speaking from experience. "I don't mind listening, good to know I'm not the only one that is screwed up. No offense."

She then takes the next step into a NEW THREAD.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?