New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Cucumber Quest: Basically if Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door was a comic

Between this having just finished re-reading this whole comic, and having right before that seen the E3 presentation for Unravel, I think I have an adorableness overload going on here ^^

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cucumber Quest: Basically if Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door was a comic

Anyway Carrot got his moral raising speech. It's time to show for it.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

Time for the power of love~, I see.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

4. - Top - End - #274
    Bugbear in the Playground

Looks like Sir Carrot got an upgrade. And a bow.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Hang on, so-

From the power of love and a mysterious pendant, Sir Carrot gets a magical bow and new armor with a heart on it out of nowhere?

Sir Carrot, I didn't know you were a magical girl boy!

6. - Top - End - #276

And I was so hoping that twirl of pink energy meant Carrot was gonna transform.

I only feel robbed we didn't get to see the actual sequence, sparkles and spinning and fabulous poses and all. It's been a slow arc, and largely a somber one, but this looks like a great way to finish it.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

Sir Carrot? More like Sir Car-HAWT!

*swoooooon*
    Despite everything, its still me.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

Damn, someone took, like, a dozen levels in badass ^_^

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

So apparently he knows how to handle himself in a fight when he's not busy fleeing from them.

I'm kind of wondering how long (if) this attitude is going to last beyond the current chapter because if it does, this changes the group dynamic a bit.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2015-07-13 at 10:41 AM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I saw Gigi tweet that his old costume isn't coming back, so I imagine this is how Carrot is now.

(Though I'm sure his other flaws are still going to show through )
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

He certainly looks swanky like this. The magical girl knight look fits him.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Um, can I admit that Rosemaster(Thornmaster) is a dumbass.

"GRRAR, here I am master of all things flowery, GRRAR, here is Carrot's flower which gives me full control over him. Let's watch Almond and Carrot fight, instead of using my power immediatelly... GRAR"

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post

"GRRAR, here I am master of all things flowery, GRRAR, here is Carrot's flower which gives me full control over him. Let's watch Almond and Carrot fight, instead of using my power immediatelly... GRAR"
    That whole thing got turned to stone and shattered, remember? Meanwhile, what she's doing now stops two of the three heroes from being a threat to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    That whole thing got turned to stone and shattered, remember? Meanwhile, what she's doing now stops two of the three heroes from being a threat to her.
    She seemed more than able to put all heroes to a coma and take over Almond. She still has the power to control stuff. A power by any other name...
    Last edited by -D-; 2015-07-15 at 04:51 AM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

She seemed more than able to put all heroes to a come and take over Almond. She still has the power to control stuff. A power by any other name...
    Almond was already wearing an almond flower. As for the others, some form of sleep-drug perfume is not total control (and falling asleep is not a coma).
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Almond was already wearing an almond flower. As for the others, some form of sleep-drug perfume is not total control (and falling asleep is not a coma).
    Then she should have done the coma/sleep thing on Carrot and made Almond kill each one of them. Then snap her out of it, then kill her. She's still a dumbass.

Still can't blame her too much. Nightmare Knight has been helping Carrot way too much.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

TTYD is still supreme.

Top 5 Favorite Characters:
    5) Leeky Windstaff
    4) Malack
    3) Vaarsuvius
    2) Redcloak
    1) O-Chul

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

What kind of lame power is Heart Anyway?

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Terrible joke. You have been warned.
    Show
    Shot through the heart, and you're to blame. Darling you give love a bad name.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

...hum. Looks like Rosemaster was expecting this. Or at least perfectly fine with it.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Planned provocation? Surrender? Inability to dodge due to being a tree? Just being able to take the hit?
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Disaster master is dead. Long live disaster master.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

Disaster master is dead. Long live disaster master.
    Glitch Master, I think, but yeah... what's death to someone not fully bound to the rules by their very nature, after all.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294

Just because someone behaves emotionally and irrationally doesn't make them stupid. As we can see here, she doesn't want Nightmare Knight to die because she still loves him. Her long-term plan may be to lose this fight because she still loves him and knows that the Legendary Hero never kills the Knight.
    Last edited by Thomar_of_Uointer; 2015-07-28 at 10:42 PM.
    I make games.

"...I worry that modern gaming is gradually shrinking the wide spectrum of gameplay mechanics into a single narrow red bar with "KILL" written on it sideways. Exploration, navigation, puzzles, platforming, all gradually shrinking away until only one thing remains, being taken by the hand from room to room, moving on only when nothing remains alive in each one." - Yhatzee Crosshaw

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

...hum. Looks like Rosemaster was expecting this. Or at least perfectly fine with it.
    I could be wrong but I think what is happening here is that Rosemaster bound Glitchmaster (somehow) to herself at this point and is now getting hurt on purpose ino rder to take him with her

Either that or she's having a flashback to when she dealt with Glitchmaster as she's 'dying' on purpose to get the 'cycle' going as it should.

(That said I'm wondering if this is the last we see of Gitch-master, that would feel like a waste of a perfectly good villain, even if he already did set his plan in motion.)
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2015-07-29 at 01:31 AM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thomar_of_Uointer View Post
    Just because someone behaves emotionally and irrationally doesn't make them stupid. As we can see here, she doesn't want Nightmare Knight to die because she still loves him. Her long-term plan may be to lose this fight because she still loves him and knows that the Legendary Hero never kills the Knight.
    She didn't behave like she wanted to lose the fight. Hell, without NK intervention she would have killed Carrot.

As for current strip. I think whatever hold she had on Glitchmaster is slipping. It could be that without that flower, Rosemaster hasn't got enough power to hold on onto Glitcher. It's my interpretation, because Glitchmaster started manifesting when Rosemaster got shot.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

...Rosemaster, are you the princess?

(Nightmare Knight, y u gotta be so accepting... this is gonna end in tragedy. And it will be oh so amazing. Everyone seems to be willing to play their role in this charade, except for Glitchmaster.)
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2015-08-12 at 07:45 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

I like Glitchmaster. She? It? Knows how to play to win.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyway, current updates explain a lot of background of Rosemaster and why they acted as they did.

I wonder if Glitchmaster will glitch in and steal the double power rose? My bet, she makes a deal with heroes to bypass her and go straight for NK.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Just finished reading up... Y. Y i join here. Y.

GNU Terry Pratchett