New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Cucumber Quest: Basically if Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door was a comic

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    I think it's more likely that there's just two different wands with the same physical design.
    But doesn't Punisher Pumice take place in Sky Kingdom? And isn't wand cleaning quick? Why would the actress have left her wand all the way over there?

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cucumber Quest: Basically if Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door was a comic

I thought it was the same wand bouncing and that it was showing motion, but the idea that there are two wands makes the confusion of the cleaner more logical. Did the wand turn into two wands or did they forget to remove one from the machine once it was clean? And if so how did the owner not notice that they left without it?

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JavaScribe View Post
    But doesn't Punisher Pumice take place in Sky Kingdom? And isn't wand cleaning quick? Why would the actress have left her wand all the way over there?
    A fan made a copy, maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I never expected to see that spell again.

I hope it works. Just to see the look on everyones face.
    Especially Besty’s.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

Crystal Kingdom, actually.

-------------------

Man, this is one of the best comics ever made. I love it so much.
    Last edited by Celestia; 2017-02-06 at 02:51 PM.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

6. - Top - End - #396
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    Crystal Kingdom, actually.
    Regardless, I think it was more likely she saw the "Property of" label than there being multiple wands, else it probably would have been brought up.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Regardless, I think it was more likely she saw the "Property of" label than there being multiple wands, else it probably would have been brought up.
    If it had been brought up, then the transformation would have been less of a surprise since we'd have been expecting something to go wrong.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Bugbear in the Playground

The most recent page is great. I especially enjoyed "Shh, you're Pumice now. Accept it," and then Cordelia and Nautilus trying to figure out the cell phone in the background.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Okay, I'm starting to think that Cordelia and Peridot actually didn't have a plan to conquer anything.
    Things just played out that way and they started to pretend because everyone expected them to.

Peridot already had some hints of this and now Cordelia starts to act the same way.

Nightmare Knight seems to be tired of being a villain- if he ever really was one -and only plays a role as well.

I think the only remotely villainous characters are those salad-themed palace guards and maybe the thief-princess and Bromley.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

Arrg! My heart! I can't take that much adorbs!

11. - Top - End - #401
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Okay, I'm starting to think that Cordelia and Peridot actually didn't have a plan to conquer anything.
    Things just played out that way and they started to pretend because everyone expected them to.

Peridot already had some hints of this and now Cordelia starts to act the same way.

Nightmare Knight seems to be tired of being a villain- if he ever really was one -and only plays a role as well.

I think the only remotely villainous characters are those salad-themed palace guards and maybe the thief-princess and Bromley.
    Personally, I suspect the Dream Oracle that hands this quest to hero after hero to have some nasty (for this comic) objective as to why she helps keep this cycle going.
    Last edited by danelsan; 2017-02-12 at 05:55 PM.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh yeah. I'll bet everything that the Oracle ends up being the Big Bad of the comic.

13. - Top - End - #403

I'm not sure when exactly it was, or what started it, but I began suspecting the Oracle may be a villain pretty early on. Although back then, I also suspected she was in on it with the Nightmare Knight, but that turned out to be pretty unlikely.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralCheez View Post
    I'm not sure when exactly it was, or what started it, but I began suspecting the Oracle may be a villain pretty early on. Although back then, I also suspected she was in on it with the Nightmare Knight, but that turned out to be pretty unlikely.
    Ditto here. I started suspecting right away when they first went to go meet her at her home. Her flippant attitude and her apathy about the theft of the sword definitely painted a picture that, at the very least, she didn't care if Cucumber and gang succeeded. At that point, I figured her being evil was a long shot, but time has shown that as being more likely.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by danelsan View Post
    Personally, I suspect the Dream Oracle that hands this quest to hero after hero to have some nasty (for this comic) objective as to why she helps keep this cycle going.
    Right. The Oracle. I had kinda forgotten about her*.

Yes, she's most likely the big bad.

*That proves it. Only a devastatingly clever villain would manage that.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

Four new comics starting here

Spoiler
    Show
    I... wh... what is going on
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    Four new comics starting here

Spoiler
    Show
    I... wh... what is going on
    Spoiler
    Show
    One of the most importent revalations of this comic, i think.
    Despite everything, its still me.

18. - Top - End - #408

Huh. Well, that happened.

Spoiler: So...
    Show
    Relative of the Nightmare Knight? Alternate version of him from the past? Just a weird coincidence?

19. - Top - End - #409

Good looks like besty stays in the comic despite his attempts to get sealed. Also: Huh that is gonna be a big reveal.
    Last edited by Ibrinar; 2017-03-01 at 03:29 PM.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Orc in the Playground

it seems... significant to me that this "Steve" has a mouth but no eyes, and the Nightmare Knight has eyes but no mouth. Two parts of the same being, maybe, one supposedly sealed off forever? I wonder what the two parts would represent...

...And now I'm wondering if there's a third one out there with Nightmare Knight's nose...

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illogictree View Post
    it seems... significant to me that this "Steve" has a mouth but no eyes, and the Nightmare Knight has eyes but no mouth. Two parts of the same being, maybe, one supposedly sealed off forever? I wonder what the two parts would represent...

...And now I'm wondering if there's a third one out there with Nightmare Knight's nose...
    Don't forget the arms/legs.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illogictree View Post

Maybe it's a play on the three wise monkeys.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

Just blitzed the entire archive, so I'm kind of on a high of "dear gods what is this/this is the best ever." So.. speculation:
    Steve is the part Nightmare Knight cast off in that first go round, the part he had to surrender in order to become the fearsome conquerer. He (NK) misses him (Steve), and if he ever got a Legendary Hero who was actually willing to consider peace, Nightmare would ask for help getting reunited with Steve. And if that was achieved, probably remember why he did it in the first place and who/what the actual villain of this world is (conservation of detail suggests Dream Oracle, although we may have to go through Glitchmaster rebelling and trying to enforce the actual Evil Apocalypse first.) Extended theory: NK never intended to be the Ancient Evil Being. He was *trying* to be the Legendary Hero, and felt that he had to become NK in order to gain enough power to defeat whatever the actual big villain of this story will turn out to be. He probably won.. but in an Ironic Twist of Fate, the process separated him from the part of him that wanted to be a hero to start with, leaving behind nothing but the rampaging power. After that first cycle of sealing, NK started to remember what he used to be and what he lost.

Thebestmaster is not a failure. He's just forgotten his full name and purpose - he's Thebestfriendmaster. Steve made him, at some point before he was split into Steve and Nightmare Knight. After that split, Nightmare Knight attempted to turn his powers to Evil Level Boss-ing, but couldn't get Bestmaster to overcome his basic nature. Unwilling to destroy him, NK instead sealed him.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

Well that is remarkably interesting.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Don't forget the arms/legs.
    And with all 5 pieces together we can summon Exodia and defeat the Oracle.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

26. - Top - End - #416
    Firbolg in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm loving how the plot of the comic is jumping the track from the railroad plot that seemed logically set up from the start. Evil threat, bosses in each kingdom, wacky antics in each kingdom, eventually face the final villain. Considering how lovable all the characters are it looked like a great ride. Then we were introduced to Glitchmaster and saw the potential treachery and in-fighting among Team Villain, and it looked like the path to the finale would be a little more zigzagged than expected. But now? We're threatening to toss everything out the window. "Steve" seems like he's putting on a goofy show and just like the looming, ominous Nightmare Knight turned out to have a heart of gold I'm waiting for the penny to drop and Steve to be revealed as the true villain of the series. Can't wait, because I really don't know what's going to happen next.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Dwarf in the Playground

I really appreciate how much actual use the story has gotten out of the plug-drain spell. Drain a cove so the warrior can kill the kraken, open a permanent portal to the infinite nether, release goofy-evil, all sorts a good stuff.
    Last edited by Rhapsh; 2017-03-26 at 07:00 PM.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsh View Post
    I really appreciate how much actual use the story has gotten out of the plug-drain spell. Drain a cove so the warrior can kill the kraken, open a permanent portal to the infinite nether, release goofy-evil, all sorts a good stuff.
    I feel like there's some sort of life lesson hidden in here, but I can't find it.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    I feel like there's some sort of life lesson hidden in here, but I can't find it.
    Would you say it went down the drain ?

I think it's confirmed Steve is bad news. Common people when have in comic books, people with constant manic grins ever been a good sign ?
    I suspect that if Steve is indeed a part of the nighmare knight, it is his 'drive'. His love to go forward and win, (and i suspect a good part of his sense of humous, a dark mischevious a,nd malicious sense of humour and mayhem) which explains why the big guy is almost alway glumm and so okay to be locked into this long circle and seems so harmless despiter all his power compared to the Knight of legend that was conquering and rampaging as he used to be according to Rosemaster.

The one thing I wonder, should I be right, is: Has he changed enough by now that he may not want that part of him back ?
    (... Also does that mean a 'complete' Nightmare knight alway has a goofy grin plastered on his face ? because that'd be hilarious.)
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

30. - Top - End - #420
    Dwarf in the Playground

You never know with this comic. At this point I wouldn't be really surprised if the revenge turned out to be playing a prank or something like that. It also wouldn't be surprising if this goofy dude turned out to be really evil, though, and that is part of the magic of CQ.