New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Cucumber Quest: Basically if Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door was a comic

The Nightmare Knight's expression changed.....thats a first...this will definitely be significant...but in what way, I wonder?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cucumber Quest: Basically if Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door was a comic

It was completely hilarious, at least.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

I cracked up at today's update, yeah. "a what." indeed

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Gradient on the edge is fun - I honestly thought there was an image-loading glitch until I got to the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

I thought the same exact thing! Especially since it was being a little slow to load for me at first. I was about ready to hit refresh when I finally scrolled down all the way. Looks like Nightmare Knight has never had a friend before. Incompetent minions, maybe, but not friends.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

I love this comic so much, ahhhhhh.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Behold! The terrifying Nightmare Knight!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh man. OH Man. This was even better than yesterday!
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Cucumber Quest is killing me with these awesome updates. @_@

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Words cannot describe my amusement by these past two pages

(Can we get a spinoff movie featuring these two? I'd totally read that.)

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Cucumber Quest update and by gosh is it adorable.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

yup, I figured there was bound to be something tragic about him....

I think its all but confirmed that he is NOT doing this because he wants to, because he doesn't...and if his actions are any indication, he hasn't actually harmed anyone yet....something about this all just a play, a lie, a fake, a show he must put on over and over again.....but why? thats the real question...

13. - Top - End - #103

I like the Princess's interpretation of his childhood, especially how the eery, purple smoke clouds around him look like a cape. Actually, I just really like the Princess's drawings, from both pages.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh boy, between Cucumber Quest and JL8 I'll end up with diabetes one of these days

15. - Top - End - #105
    Barbarian in the Playground

So, I basically binge-read up to the most recent update today, and I have to say that Cucumber Quest is one of the single most fantastic things I've read in a long time. The combination of inhuman adorableness and great writing is absolutely lovely, and has sort of kickstarted my drive to get back into my artistic stuff. On that note, I made a song for the glorious godly being that is Bacon. It's not really anything serious, but I plan on making little doodles like this for each character, if I can.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MilesTiden View Post
    So, I basically binge-read up to the most recent update today, and I have to say that Cucumber Quest is one of the single most fantastic things I've read in a long time. The combination of inhuman adorableness and great writing is absolutely lovely, and has sort of kickstarted my drive to get back into my artistic stuff. On that note, I made a song for the glorious godly being that is Bacon. It's not really anything serious, but I plan on making little doodles like this for each character, if I can.
    Hah, yeah, this is totally awesome!

17. - Top - End - #107

Aww, looks like Happy Friendship Time is over.

...For now, anyway.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

yea, can't have him reveal too much at once, or the story is screwed up.....

also I just realized, if this is PM: TYD as a webcomic, then Cucumber is actually the Goombella/Goombario in this situation- normally, he'd the annoying first sidekick you get who just uses a weak attack and Tattles on the enemy, and thats what everyone treats him as. meanwhile his sister is the one who'd normally be the hero, the Mario if you will going around defeating everything in her path, while Carrot would be the cowardly Koopa you get. Nautilus is at first hard to pin down, but the fourth partner one gets in paper mario is a high-class lady who is a bit isolated from the rest of the world, and Nautilus fits that perfectly, with being a princess, but her cheerful personality would also indicate she is like the third character, Bombette

So if the the trend continues, we will get a brash/kidlike character who hits hard but is fragile (Watt or the Yoshi) an older character with more experience (Sushi or Bombarry) and an uncertain character who betrays the villains (Vivian or Lakilester).

or maybe not, but its a pattern I've seen....

19. - Top - End - #109

So, I made two more fansongs, this time for Cucumber and Tomato. I'm still wondering if I should do boss themes, but that can wait.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Firbolg in the Playground

The letter's missing! He might actually deliver it! :O
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Heh. Real nice guy for an evil overlord of doom.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

So this page pretty much confirms that nobody knows entirely what's up with NK. Maybe some of the other Disaster Masters, but maybe now.

EDIT: Also, the break-the-ground-into-little-pieces spell seems to come with its own screaming.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2014-04-20 at 04:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

Damn it, Peridot! Even the villains in this thing as exceedingly adorable

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

why'd that song princess refer to the other princess as "Ammie" and blush when she corrected herself, as well as request to give Ametrine a letter?

*narrows eyes suspiciously* close friends, clearly.....but how close? >:3

25. - Top - End - #115

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    why'd that song princess refer to the other princess as "Ammie" and blush when she corrected herself, as well as request to give Ametrine a letter?

*narrows eyes suspiciously* close friends, clearly.....but how close? >:3
    Based on Gigi's tweet here, I think it can be safely presumed that the relationship between the two princesses is obviously exactly what it looks like.
    Or, in other, words, as one of the responses below that said...
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen
    @gigideegee *two characters kissing* "IT'S IMPLIED THAT THEY HAVE A RELATIONSHIP" *two characters getting married* "BEST FRIENDS"

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

It is good that I wasn't drinking anything when I got to Piano's laughing face, or I would almost surely be cleaning my keyboard right now

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

The Dream Oracle is kind of a huge jerk.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

and probably the mastermind behind all of this. that upgrade probably has something sneaky hidden in it, just waiting to be used on her command to do something according to whatever scheme she has in store....

@ latest comic: hm. smart Cucumber. your planning on asking the Nightmare Knight aren't you?
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2014-05-19 at 09:46 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119

RedWizardGuy

"test subject". Sounds familiar. Who else has been expecting Cosmo to somehow get involved in their current mode of transportation?

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

I like how they started to answer with happiness and then was like "WAT."